(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4,426 posts
  • 471 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 minutes ago by Bundy
  • Topic is favorited by 192 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,062 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190421_215341 (resized).jpg
Iron Maiden and Batman 66 Title (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190419_134257 (resized).jpg
IMG_5142 (resized).jpg
IMG_5141 (resized).jpg
EE1B8BD1-BD4C-4DE1-BCF8-0D5DBD7301CC (resized).jpeg
step2 (resized).jpg
iron-maiden-prem:le-mummy-ball-deflector-2 (resized).png
eddie-piece-of-mind-mount (resized).jpg
20190414_101656 (resized).jpg
flaky flipper (resized).jpg
IMG_0732 (resized).JPG
IMG_0731 (resized).JPG
IMG_4127 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4426 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 89.
#4051 38 days ago
Quoted from manadams:

I did a temporary trade for an IMDN pro and loving it. Is it worth it to pickup a premium eventually over a pro? I like the art package on premium slightly better.

If you really enjoy the game I would say go for premium. The battle mode start on the pro is a bit clunky. Also a physical ball lock is a bit more satisfying than a virtual one.

For the record, I love my pro though

#4052 38 days ago
Quoted from manadams:

I did a temporary trade for an IMDN pro and loving it. Is it worth it to pickup a premium eventually over a pro? I like the art package on premium slightly better.

I do not like the Premium art on the translite all that much. Can't get over the drum major Eddie. That said, if you can take the time to dial in the finicky newton ball mechanisms and the ball lock, the Premium is a much different game and I really like it. You are FORCED to master that left ramp shot, and the way you hit the ball out of the captive lock is really neat since if it's done hard, it seems like you're turning one ball into two instantly. Very cool. The orb light is RGB which adds to that area's look quite a bit as the orb color changes relative to what's going on. Plus the Anubis raising and lowering is super-awesome once you have the 3D Anubis I've made on it (that will be out very soon).

#4053 38 days ago

agree premium but put the effort in to dial it in.

#4054 37 days ago

I got all the way to number of the beast and didn't even crack 400 million.....ugggghhhhh!!!!

#4055 37 days ago

Just got my custom shooter rod for my LE! Yes, my LE, that has a custom shooter rod...lol...should've been something like this from day dot!

IMDN (resized).jpg
#4056 37 days ago

Just got home from expo 5.0, i spent the last 2 hours of it playing premium for the first time, i have to say i prefer it to the pro.. im having withdrawls now

#4057 37 days ago
Quoted from rikity:

Just got home from expo 5.0, i spent the last 2 hours of it playing premium for the first time, i have to say i prefer it to the pro.. im having withdrawls now

It's a substantially different game from the Pro. I like the Premium a LOT.

#4058 37 days ago
Quoted from jardine:

Just got my custom shooter rod for my LE! Yes, my LE, that has a custom shooter rod...lol...should've been something like this from day dot![quoted image]

Reminds me of Jay Leno...

Rob

#4059 36 days ago
Quoted from jardine:

Just got my custom shooter rod for my LE! Yes, my LE, that has a custom shooter rod...lol...should've been something like this from day dot![quoted image]

Looks great.
Where's that from please ?

#4060 36 days ago

Someone tell me I am not nuts .....

Went to an arcade to try out some new pins - mostly Munsters.
Maiden was not on my radar at all, but I but a few quarters in the Premium and kept coming back to it.

Is this one of the best new Sterns or not?
Not a huge fan of the music, but not a hater.
Art package and layout are awesome - really fun game.

Thinking of getting a premium -
Any non-Maiden fans have on in their collection?

#4061 36 days ago

Yes one of the best new Sterns. Layout doesn’t feel like a normal Stern and that is a good thing. I wasn’t a IMDN fan at all before I bought the pin. I only knew one song due to lack of FM radio play throughout the years. I don’t love their music now, but enjoy it on the pin. Now I listen to IMDN on XM Ozzy’s Bone Yard if they are on, but don’t play them at home.

On being a real fan of the music of a game, I am a big ACDC fan.
I bought an ACDC Prem and enjoyed it and sold it about a year later. Later on after I owned ACDC I oddly never played or wanted to hear ACDC on FM or XM. Changed the channel. After I sold ACDC it took a few months before I could listen to them again. Owning a pin of a band I loved made me not be in to them as much. I also never got into MET music either, but bought one and love playing it also and like MET music now. Weird.

I would get IMDN to go along with your TWD. Don’t let the music hold you back. Been out a year now so there will be some Prem HUO’s coming up for sale.

#4062 36 days ago

It’s a great game. Really really great. It’s got that “one more game” thing going on like no other pin I’ve owned.

It’s true what pinnyheadhead says. Now I love Maiden and love listening to it when I’m playing. Do i want to stick one of their records on my iPod?....... no

#4063 36 days ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

It’s a great game. Really really great. It’s got that “one more game” thing going on like no other pin I’ve owned.

Yes, this ^^ 100% for me too.

#4064 36 days ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Maiden was not on my radar at all, but I but a few quarters in the Premium and kept coming back to it.

I’m not a maiden fan. I don’t mind a few of their songs. I have owned around 6-8 pins and a maiden pro was my first NiB. I think you will be happy with a prem.

You can check out the reviews as well.

#4065 36 days ago

Has anyone bought the Premium/LE Eddie figures from pinballLife.com?
I know one comes with a bracket, but wasnt sure how the other one is mounted.

#4066 36 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Has anyone bought the Premium/LE Eddie figures from pinballLife.com?
I know one comes with a bracket, but wasnt sure how the other one is mounted.

Piece of mind eddie is mounted with a zip tie (the Stern special) to the ball trap plastic on the left.

eddie-piece-of-mind-mount (resized).jpg
#4067 36 days ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Looks great.
Where's that from please ?

Guy on my Facebook Group selling them: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1497239890571190/

#4068 36 days ago

While I'm in here, might as well post that I just opened the interest list for the 3D anubis mod for Pro and Prem/LEs. Will be shipping very soon. More information is here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-anubis-3d-character-for-left-ramp

Here's one of the prototypes (the final is gold as in the pics in the above thread):

anubis_movement.gif
#4069 36 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Piece of mind eddie is mounted with a zip tie (the Stern special) to the ball trap plastic on the left.[quoted image]

I guess the pro does not have the ball trap plastic.

#4070 36 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I got a kit for free by requesting it from Stern tech support because airballs were getting trapped on that leftmost pop bumper as the Pros didn't ship with it. You can try asking tech support for one, but I'm told they're making people buy it now.

#4071 36 days ago
Quoted from manadams:

I got all the way to number of the beast and didn't even crack 400 million.....ugggghhhhh!!!!

That seems crazy to me. I have never gotten there, I'm just not that good. Strangely tho, I did get a score of 1,516,000. I had two multiballs that went on forever. How I got the score, I'm not sure. Machine is set to factory other than the tilt is set a little on the forgiving side. For the life of me I can't get to NOTB.

#4072 36 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I ordered the parts from Pinball Life. The plastic ball trap piece I got isn't quite the same as vireland posted. I was able to make it work though.

686DCC57-5237-4106-AEEF-5AA41D0B506D (resized).jpg1C10DACB-74EC-4919-AB14-AC6BEDB850AB (resized).jpgAB5D13A7-C333-4A0B-A34A-F845D373EC37 (resized).jpg Added 35 days ago:

Install kit: https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-peace-of-mind-eddie-plastic-kit.html

#4073 36 days ago

I don't see the plastic ball trap peice on pinball life. Would anyone else sell it?

#4074 36 days ago

I had to email Terry to get the ball trap kit ordered, I'm not sure if it's something they plan to stock regularly.

#4075 36 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I don't see the plastic ball trap peice on pinball life. Would anyone else sell it?

The kit isn't just the plastic piece but the plastic and some standoffs and screws.

#4076 36 days ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I got a few games in on Munsters yesterday, but kept peeking out of the corner of my eye for the Iron Maiden Premium to open up and it finally did. I played pro before and it wasnt bad, the little upper left flipper (on the pro) would stick so it kind of messed things up. But i seriously didnt want to stop playing it yesterday. I've been looking to buy a Star Trek because its a little less money and theres a lot more used ones that come up than IM premium, but I liked it so much I think i'm just going to get a new one.. at all costs. Because life owes me

#4077 36 days ago
Quoted from rikity:

I got a few games in on Munsters yesterday, but kept peeking out of the corner of my eye for the Iron Maiden Premium to open up and it finally did. I played pro before and it wasnt bad, the little upper left flipper (on the pro) would stick so it kind of messed things up. But i seriously didnt want to stop playing it yesterday. I've been looking to buy a Star Trek because its a little less money and theres a lot more used ones that come up than IM premium, but I liked it so much I think i'm just going to get a new one.. at all costs. Because life owes me

Putting up Maiden Prem vs Star Trek Prem, Maiden wins all day long.

#4078 36 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

You're absolutely right. I played the pro and premium Star Treks as well and Maiden was so much better

#4079 36 days ago
Quoted from rikity:

but I liked it so much I think i'm just going to get a new one.. at all costs. Because life owes me

You won't regret it, TOP game

#4080 35 days ago

Joining the club with a premium - my first NIB
Surprised myself - when this pin came out I discounted it rightway due to theme, was never on my radar (except for cool art)
Now I can't get "run to the hills" out of my head

FYI - my distributor told me Stern has about 18 more premiums in stock and no word if they are running any more (some distributors may also have stock)
Pros getting rerun in April

#4081 34 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

FYI, The Piece of Mind Eddie install kit is now listed on Pinball Life.

https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-peace-of-mind-eddie-plastic-kit.html

#4082 33 days ago

Look ma, I can stand on one leg! The left support rail does not sit on the lockbar receiver and the left hook does not sit level.

This is why people worry about buying NIB Sterns.

20190321_124155 (resized).jpg20190321_124221 (resized).jpg

#4083 33 days ago
Quoted from Maken:

Look ma, I can stand on one leg! The left support rail does not sit on the lockbar receiver and the left hook does not sit level.
This is why people worry about buying NIB Sterns.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is the cabinet out of square or the playfield warped?

#4084 33 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Is the cabinet out of square or the playfield warped?

The playfield is warped. Stern is currently making me jump through hoops while ignoring me for months at a time.

#4085 33 days ago

It's also planked/ribbed/whatever we are calling it.

Hard to photograph, but if you look at the translite reflection, this is what the entire PF looks like with the naked eye, right out of the box!

20190321_123731 (resized).jpg
#4086 33 days ago
Quoted from Maken:

It's also planked/ribbed/whatever we are calling it.
Hard to photograph, but if you look at the translite reflection, this is what the entire PF looks like with the naked eye, right out of the box!
[quoted image]

Yeah the visible grain thing is becoming more common on Sterns. I don't think they're prepping the playfields well. They don't really do anything for that these days, but warped should DEFINITELY be replaced under warranty.

#4087 33 days ago

You mean they would tell you to go pound sand if your clear coat looked like that NIB?

#4088 33 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Yeah the visible grain thing is becoming more common on Sterns. I don't think they're prepping the playfields well. They don't really do anything for that these days, but warped should DEFINITELY be replaced under warranty.

According to this thread:

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/twd-pro-with-new-playfield-mint.8709/

Pinsider Damien was sent a brand new populated PF by Stern for visible grain.

#4089 33 days ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

You mean they would tell you to go pound sand if your clear coat looked like that NIB?

That's exactly what they are doing to me so far. Looked like that out of the box.

#4090 33 days ago
Quoted from Maken:

According to this thread:
http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/twd-pro-with-new-playfield-mint.8709/
Pinsider Damien was sent a brand new populated PF by Stern for visible grain.

It's situational, but that one was almost a year ago, and I think Stern has been doing that less and less for grain issues because more and more are leaving the factory looking like that. You have a strong claim with the warping, but if it was grain only, I don't know if you'd get the swap.

#4091 33 days ago
Quoted from Maken:

That's exactly what they are doing to me so far. Looked like that out of the box, it's a joke.

Inserts also look like they are rising a little.

I would assume between that, the warp and excessive grain Stern would send you a repopulated playfield like they did with my GB.

#4092 33 days ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Inserts also look like the are rising a little.
I would assume between that, the warp and excessive grain Stern would send you a repopulated playfield like they did with my GB.

You are correct about the inserts rising.

Thanks for your input, hopefully they replace the PF.

#4093 33 days ago
Quoted from Maken:

You are correct about the inserts rising.
Thanks for your input, hopefully they replace the PF.

In my opinion the warping makes replacement under warranty a must. I can't see them not doing it.

#4094 33 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

In my opinion the warping makes replacement under warranty a must. I can't see them not doing it.

I let them know about this issue on Feb. 5th, and so far (15 emails later) all that they have done is ignore me for long periods of time and request more pictures.

I really hope that you are correct, because if they leave me hanging on this one, I won't be able to get over it.... you'll see a TWD, TSPP, MET and a planked/warped Maiden on the marketplace ASAP.

#4095 33 days ago
Quoted from Maken:

I let them know about this issue on Feb. 5th, and so far (15 emails later) all that they have done is ignore me for long periods of time and request more pictures.
I really hope that you are correct, because if they leave me hanging on this one, I won't be able to get over it.... you'll see a TWD, TSPP, MET and a planked/warped Maiden on the marketplace ASAP.

Seeing wood grain isn't necessarily planking but that degree of warping is unacceptable. Have you spoken with Chas in customer service? He's great.

#4096 33 days ago
Quoted from Maken:

I'd try calling technical support directly. Sometimes that gets action more quickly than an email queue. The warping is your main focal point since there's no arguing that, I'd focus on that. The wood grain issue would be endlessly debatable and Stern has been more hardcore on not replacing those more recently since so many have it now.

#4097 33 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

While I'm in here, might as well post that I just opened the interest list for the 3D anubis mod for Pro and Prem/LEs. Will be shipping very soon. More information is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-anubis-3d-character-for-left-ramp
Here's one of the prototypes (the final is gold as in the pics in the above thread):[quoted image]

That looks awesome as usual vireland. Makes me want to buy a premium!

#4098 33 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

That may be personal preference. To me, IMDN Pro>ST Pro, IMDN Pre=ST Pre, and IMDNLE<STLE. I recently traded my IMDNLE and miss it, but really enjoy STLE, especially with the mods including colorDMD, Vengeance, models, sound, etc. Will probably own another IMDN someday.

#4099 33 days ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

That looks awesome as usual vireland. Makes me want to buy a premium!

Yeah, Vireland's Anubis makes me want my LE back...

#4100 33 days ago
Quoted from dts:

Seeing wood grain isn't necessarily planking but that degree of warping is unacceptable. Have you spoken with Chas in customer service? He's great.

From the beginning, I've only dealt with Chas.

The first pics were "submitted to our quality guys" on Feb 5th and he said he would let me know when he heard back from them. Apparently that takes at least 44 days, because I still haven't heard back about that.

He then ignored me for almost a month until I had to re-initiate the conversation myself. Upon doing so, all that he did was ask for more pictures.

It really feels like I am getting the run around, which is why I came here to post about it. Seems like too often nothing happens until people post on pinside, sad but true.

People need to know about the risks when buying a Stern NIB. I knew the risks and like an idiot, I still made a terrible decision. Let this be a warning.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Baltimore, MD
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Wanted
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rods Mods
Sale Pending!
West Bloomfield Township, MI
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Wanted
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hdmike mods
$ 150.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 18.95
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4426 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 89.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside