(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 317.
#4001 5 years ago

order in the uprated coil for when you need it.

#4002 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I bet Robert could!

Turns out you might lose that bet . I was surprised how apparently the left side was not stageable at SPC finals. Strange watching REG unable or unwilling to stage.

#4003 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

One thing that's interesting when you're in the combo hunt is it will not stop the ball for Tomb Treasures like it usually does. I reported it as a bug, but it's actually a feature. I had a 5 way combo and a tomb treasure lit, I hit the right orbit to get the 5 way and it rolled through, unlit the treasure and played the 5 way combo guitar clip, but didn't stop the ball. I thought that was a bug, but I know now that was so I could make the 6th combo shot and it did award the treasure, it just didn't show it to stop my flow.

Had this happen to me last night.

5th shot for combo was right loop, had TT lit. Was expecting the post to trap the ball so I could make a nice controlled shot to the mini loop and collect the 6-way.

Was not expecting the ball to keep coming so missed the shot. Managed to catch the ball on the right flipper, still keeping the combo live.

Getting the ball to the upper left flipper so you can make that mini loop - without triggering any other switches is damn near impossible!

#4004 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Forgive me, I’m a little confused on following this 6-way combo rule. Can someone correct me where i might be wrong?
+ is a super Death blow the cash in for the 6-way combo? Or is it a cash in for any # of combos?
+ does the 6-way combo have to be accomplished in 6 shots or is there a grace period if you brick a shot during the combo or hit another target?
+ is there a way to track your current combo count or deathblow value, perhaps instant info?
+ does 6-way combo light a tomb award? I assume it does.
Thanks in advance.

+A Deathblow is how you 'cashout' a combo - no matter how big that combo is.
This can be done from extra ball target or Mummy captive ball, possibly outer rings of Pharohs target.
A Super Deathblow - is basically the same, but awards 3x the value.
This can be done from the left spinner, Bulls eye of Pharohs target, or Super Jackpot target.

+There is no timer on combos, nor flipper presses.
What cancels a combo is- hitting the same shot again, hitting a drop target, hitting a standup, hitting a slingshot or hitting 2 pop bumpers. (1 pop bumper is fine as I often glance off a pop bumper while making the left ramp )

+When a combo is in progress, the flasher/dome on the right of the playfield (by the upper flipper) strobes.

+A 6-way combo lights a tomb treasure for collection.

#4005 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

order in the uprated coil for when you need it.

Would that be the 22-600?

#4007 5 years ago

Thx. Thinking of adding Iron Maiden Pro to the game room.

#4008 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Super fun game IMDN is!

Yoda_SWSB (resized).pngYoda_SWSB (resized).png
#4009 5 years ago

2 rules questions:

1) to complete a POWER mode, you have to hit enough of the spinners, orbits, ramps, targets, and bumpers but then once you have hit the needed number (shown on the left side of display), do you just hit the orb to complete the yellow triangle insert for that POWER mode? Can you complete the needed hits for more than 1 (ie say you hit enough spinners, bumpers, and targets) and collect all at once with a single orb hit? Also, do you continue to collect the POWER hits during battle modes and in multiballs?
2) to complete mummy multiball mode, once it has started how many times do you need to hit switches for each letter to be lit up? From what I can figure out, it looks like 10 switches then hit captive ball>letter M, 20 switches then hit captive ball>letter U, 30 switches then hit captive ball>letter M, 40 switches then hit captive ball>letter M, 50 switches then hit captive ball>letter Y, hit bullseye center target and you get the Mummy Eddie card?

#4010 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

2 rules questions:
1) to complete a POWER mode, you have to hit enough of the spinners, orbits, ramps, targets, and bumpers but then once you have hit the needed number (shown on the left side of display), do you just hit the orb to complete the yellow triangle insert for that POWER mode? Can you complete the needed hits for more than 1 (ie say you hit enough spinners, bumpers, and targets) and collect all at once with a single orb hit? Also, do you continue to collect the POWER hits during battle modes and in multiballs?
2) to complete mummy multiball mode, once it has started how many times do you need to hit switches for each letter to be lit up? From what I can figure out, it looks like 10 switches then hit captive ball>letter M, 20 switches then hit captive ball>letter U, 30 switches then hit captive ball>letter M, 40 switches then hit captive ball>letter M, 50 switches then hit captive ball>letter Y, hit bullseye center target and you get the Mummy Eddie card?

1: yes and combining it drives big points but if you lose the ball you lose the points! yes you are always collecting etc for when in cyborg.

#4011 5 years ago

Hey guys, wanting to upgrade the piece of mind eddy on my pro to the premium version.... anyone make the clear plastic that he stands on for the premium/le’s? My early run pro has no clear plastic there...

#4012 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Hey guys, wanting to upgrade the piece of mind eddy on my pro to the premium version.... anyone make the clear plastic that he stands on for the premium/le’s? My early run pro has no clear plastic there...

Just contact Stern..I'm pretty sure I have the part numbers. Pm if needed.

#4013 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Check out posting #2584

#4014 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

That plastic is part of a free ball trap kit Stern will send you. Just tell them you want the ball trap kit for the left upper pop bumper. It fixes a potential ball trap, but also provides a place to zip-tie Eddie's ankle on the pros.

#4015 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Check out posting #2584

There's a link in the Key Post index to jump right to it.

#4016 5 years ago

What’s supposed to trigger the right ramp flasher on a Pro? Mine tests fine when I do the flasher test from diags, but I’ve never seen it going off during a game.

#4017 5 years ago

A few machine's delivered this week. Iron Maiden arrived today and Wow it's reeeeally niiice. I can't wait to host a tournament.

RageOn tricked me into a time-limited-buy for the shirt. I see they continue to sell it. The time limit was unnecessary as I would have bought one eventually. It looks pretty good and wears well (very soft). Must show it off for the inaugural day.

IMDNshirt (resized).pngIMDNshirt (resized).png
#4018 5 years ago

Haha nice, too many jokes available also

#4019 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That plastic is part of a free ball trap kit Stern will send you. Just tell them you want the ball trap kit for the left upper pop bumper. It fixes a potential ball trap, but also provides a place to zip-tie Eddie's ankle on the pros.

Mmm they gave the the ‘ol “you have to purchase a whole plastic set from your distributor” lip service.

#4020 5 years ago

I've owned many a pin and this game is the best overall machine to date for me. Just amazing.

#4021 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Mmm they gave the the ‘ol “you have to purchase a whole plastic set from your distributor” lip service.

I don't think the ball trap plastic is part of the Pro plastic set, that's the problem...

#4022 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

1: yes and combining it drives big points but if you lose the ball you lose the points! yes you are always collecting etc for when in cyborg.

Do you know the number of ramps, orbits, spinners, bumpers hits needed to complete each power mode? So my understanding is if I have completed all the hits needed for 1 or even 4 of the modes, just 1 hit of the orb collects all of them that currently qualified?

#4023 5 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

A few machine's delivered this week. Iron Maiden arrived today and Wow it's reeeeally niiice. I can't wait to host a tournament.
RageOn tricked me into a time-limited-buy for the shirt. I see they continue to sell it. The time limit was unnecessary as I would have bought one eventually. It looks pretty good and wears well (very soft). Must show it off for the inaugural day.[quoted image]

That is one sweet shirt.
Could not find it on Rageon. Got a link?

#4024 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Do you know the number of ramps, orbits, spinners, bumpers hits needed to complete each power mode? So my understanding is if I have completed all the hits needed for 1 or even 4 of the modes, just 1 hit of the orb collects all of them that currently qualified?

It's displayed on the left side of the screen

#4025 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Correct on the orb. 1 hit collects them all.

#4026 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

It's displayed on the left side of the screen

Just wondering if this number is listed other than the display as I'm trying to update the rules sheet I have downloaded and modified with greater detail. I could just start a game with glass off but was hoping there is another reference online for the exact number of hits for some of the ruleset without having to manually compile these details. I know the display shows it but not until game starts and sometimes it's hard to look up while playing to keep track of where you are and how close to completing a mode.

#4027 5 years ago

At the start of the game, you need:

40 spinners
8 ramps
20 pops
12 targets
10 orbits

#4028 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I've owned many a pin and this game is the best overall machine to date for me. Just amazing.

I have never dated a machine, but I respect and accept your life choices.

#4029 5 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

That is one sweet shirt.
Could not find it on Rageon. Got a link?

They have more pinball wear; Search 'pinball' on their site.
https://www.rageon.com/products/iron-maiden-pinball?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrY7qvZ6F4QIVzCCtBh2riQimEAYYBCABEgIwAPD_BwE

#4030 5 years ago

What pin blades is everyone using on the pro?
Pics would help decide.

#4031 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Pics would help decide.

Stern made a nice set for this game.

#4032 5 years ago
20190315_193129 (resized).jpg20190315_193129 (resized).jpg20190315_193139 (resized).jpg20190315_193139 (resized).jpg
#4033 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Pics would help decide.

Stern ones are the best.

#4034 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Pics would help decide.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).pngimage (resized).png
#4035 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Pics would help decide.

Same right and left corner with the Stern blades...

IMG_5993 (resized).JPGIMG_5993 (resized).JPGIMG_5994 (resized).JPGIMG_5994 (resized).JPG
#4036 5 years ago

I put these on my premium.

20190315_212729 (resized).jpg20190315_212729 (resized).jpg20190315_212739 (resized).jpg20190315_212739 (resized).jpg
#4037 5 years ago

There are also battlefield pin blades avail . Lots of choices on this game. I went with the Stern ones because I like how they mirror the playfield theme/art.

#4038 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I put these on my premium.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Did they license those? I don't know how they could sell them with all that copyrighted art without a license...

#4039 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did they license those? I don't know how they could sell them with all that copyrighted art without a license...

I don't know. I like the older artwork. I got them from Tilt Graphics.

#4040 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Same right and left corner with the Stern blades...[quoted image][quoted image]

I like to put the circles back in. They can pop back off pretty easily if I need to get at the hinge bolts.

20190315_220211 (resized).jpg20190315_220211 (resized).jpg20190315_220224 (resized).jpg20190315_220224 (resized).jpg
#4041 5 years ago

Anyone have mirror blades pics?

#4042 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

At the start of the game, you need:
40 spinners
8 ramps
20 pops
12 targets
10 orbits

Just played a few games tonight and noticed that at game start the numbers on the left start out in Gray. Once you have made the number of shots then the numbers turn to Yellow. Once you complete that number again then you are able to collect the triangle insert. I thought that you only needed to hit that number of shots one round but apparently it's hit the number of shots to qualify for the yellow and then hit it again to qualify to hit at the orb. Does that sound correct?

#4043 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Just played a few games tonight and noticed that at game start the numbers on the left start out in Gray. Once you have made the number of shots then the numbers turn to Yellow. Once you complete that number again then you are able to collect the triangle insert. I thought that you only needed to hit that number of shots one round but apparently it's hit the number of shots to qualify for the yellow and then hit it again to qualify to hit at the orb. Does that sound correct?

That is correct. Once you complete the initial numbers, you then enter into "power mode". Re-collect once more.

#4044 5 years ago

For those who got the pharaoh protector did you install it on the back or the front of the original. And if so, why?

I ended up installing mine on the back.

-there was already wear to the back of the plastic from the switch assembly
-normally plastic protectors go on the back to give the original Plastix more rigidity.

But in the case of this pin the plastic takes a head on beating, so maybe There is cases for both

34DAAFE1-B340-4AE5-B7BD-AB547D268AE5 (resized).jpeg34DAAFE1-B340-4AE5-B7BD-AB547D268AE5 (resized).jpeg75A0885D-4BA9-49FA-BE2E-86B11AE717F5 (resized).jpeg75A0885D-4BA9-49FA-BE2E-86B11AE717F5 (resized).jpegDB7A97B4-50F1-4F6D-BA6D-60577B4D8FE4 (resized).jpegDB7A97B4-50F1-4F6D-BA6D-60577B4D8FE4 (resized).jpeg
#4046 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Anyone have mirror blades pics?

Would also like to see that.
Have it in my Met and really like it, should make IMDN pop also.

#4047 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

For those who got the pharaoh protector did you install it on the back or the front of the original. And if so, why?
-normally plastic protectors go on the back to give the original Plastix more rigidity.
But in the case of this pin the plastic takes a head on beating, so maybe There is cases for both
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I actually thought about installing mine in the back, due to the wear I saw from the mech on the back of the plastic. but, do to the flying balls...I went with installing it in front. I’d rather have a worn back, instead of a cracked front...
I probably should of put some Mylar on the back of the plastic while I had it off.
I suppose, the best protection, would be to have two protectors on. one for the front and one for the rear.

#4048 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I put mine in front so it actually protects the Pharoah plastic from all those missed ramp target shots. Easier to replace a $15 shield than the Pharoah if it chips or cracks.

#4049 5 years ago

Maybe not the best pic of mirror blades but here’s my pro with them...

99B7C096-B106-40D3-8338-662DF172CC69 (resized).jpeg99B7C096-B106-40D3-8338-662DF172CC69 (resized).jpeg
#4050 5 years ago

I did a temporary trade for an IMDN pro and loving it. Is it worth it to pickup a premium eventually over a pro? I like the art package on premium slightly better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Wanted
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/81?hl=majordrainer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.