(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,799 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 minutes ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 316.
#3951 5 years ago

I could see gold plating them in a premium with the Pharoah package

#3952 5 years ago
Quoted from sbskins:

Trying to get some opinions on what color I should powder coat my ramps/wireframe (Pro model) I'm leaning towards some sort of orange, but truthfully I have no idea what would look good. Does anyone have their ramps and/or wireframes powder coated that wants to share some pictures or their input? Thanks.

My Refinery pro has dark blue.

58959CE4-EDA9-43D0-A14D-ACEC28473C09 (resized).jpeg58959CE4-EDA9-43D0-A14D-ACEC28473C09 (resized).jpeg
#3953 5 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Hi guys. Occasionally I seem to be starting battles without hitting the centre ramp target. Is there any other way of starting a battle or do I have a false activation. Perhaps a very tight switch gap on the target which is being triggered by vibration. Thanks. Gaz

It certainly sounds like you're getting a random switch hit. Put it in switch test mode and smack the playfielf with the palm of your hand firmly by the ramp to see if you get a vibration trigger of the pharaoh target.

#3954 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I think you will find that was said and meant in the Aussie vernacular! Not meant as a put down in the slightest, more a compliment!

Yeah I was sure he didn't mean anything by it, but I am not sure that everyone out there knows that Robert has autism so it could be taken in the wrong context.

#3955 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Most of the time no adjustments need to be made. I’ve played over a dozen IMDN’s, mostly pros but at least 1 premium and 2-3 LE’s and flipper staying worked just fine, including my pro version. I also own a NIB Aerosmith Prem and no adjustments were required on that game either.
It doesn’t necessarily make it easier, but it does allow you to hit shots you otherwise can’t make it. It’s an acquired skill that has to be done with precision.
I use this same strategy on my Grand Lizard, White Water, and Demo Man.

Well, I just tried lightly tapping right flipper with 2 trapped balls.

No matter how lightly or hard I tap the upper right flipper does not move?

How on earth does Robert hold 2 balls on right flipper and then hit 5 loops in a row with upper right flipper?

Will ask around as I can't be the only one not able to do this!

#3956 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How on earth does Robert hold 2 balls on right flipper and then hit 5 loops in a row with upper right flipper?

You just need to adjust your gap between the middle and last switch contact so it's very close, which will make it so just as you ease up on the flipper button the upper flipper will drop.

#3957 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It certainly sounds like you're getting a random switch hit. Put it in switch test mode and smack the playfielf with the palm of your hand firmly by the ramp to see if you get a vibration trigger of the pharaoh target.

Cool thanks mate. I’ll try that

#3958 5 years ago

No matter the setup, you will be able to control upper and lower flippers separately. Seeing that Robert is a seasoned tournament player, it's unlikely that he would adjust his switches. Mine are pretty tight, but I'm getting better with them with more practice. It's a very sensitive and difficult skill to master.

#3959 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I’m back in the club! I had to sell my LE last year (never even got to unbox it).. Just picked LE 376 from a buddy, the game is beautiful and plays great.. even the auto launch works flawlessly. The only downside for me is that we got hit with a snow storm and our power is out so I can’t play
[quoted image]

dood every time I see a post from you it makes my day better, and glad you got IMDN again - its a superb game.

#3960 5 years ago

even I can do this ! sounds like something is hosed on your machine?

#3961 5 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Hi guys. Occasionally I seem to be starting battles without hitting the centre ramp target. Is there any other way of starting a battle or do I have a false activation. Perhaps a very tight switch gap on the target which is being triggered by vibration. Thanks. Gaz

No you have to hit the target, or lock the ball on the LE. Bang the game into switch test mode and just a few balls in and flip them around and watch for the bully activating.

#3962 5 years ago

Robert also held balls on left flipper and still could hit loops with upper left flipper?
Don't seem to be able to do that on my game?

I bet Robert could!

#3963 5 years ago

You don't tap the button. With the button fully pressed in, you have to slowly let it out fractionally until the upper flipper drops. Robert's skill at stage flipping is just nuts. I can do it but not even close to that level.

#3964 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Likely a switch issue at the sarcophagus. Did you replace the factory switch in there with a roller switch?

No, I didn't replace it. Is this a common mod? I will double check the switch but it seems fine. I am wondering how the ball gets loose during game play?

Quoted from PinMonk:

Dunno, I just know that those factory non-roller switches are the root of all sorts of weird problems reported here.

As a follow up, the roller switches have been installed for a few days and I have seen none of the errors I saw before. I also installed the Pinmonk lenses which look great.

Only one gremlin left when the ball gets stuck behind the backboard and does not reach the sarcophagus lock. After shaking the game and ball search mode a few times, it determines the ball is gone and adjusts. If the ball does shake free during game play then the game gets all screwed up with its ball count.

#3965 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

No, I didn't replace it. Is this a common mod? I will double check the switch but it seems fine. I am wondering how the ball gets loose during game play?

As a follow up, the roller switches have been installed for a few days and I have seen none of the errors I saw before. I also installed the Pinmonk lenses which look great.
Only one gremlin left when the ball gets stuck behind the backboard and does not reach the sarcophagus lock. After shaking the game and ball search mode a few times, it determines the ball is gone and adjusts. If the ball does shake free during game play then the game gets all screwed up with its ball count.

I don't have a premium, but maybe you can shim that little U turn piece with a washer to raise the left side just a smidge. It's probably just not at enough of an angle to encourage slow ball travel.

#3966 5 years ago

This was a good adrenaline game for me. Would this be considered a respectable score? I was pretty psyched for it.

20190301_222519 (resized).jpg20190301_222519 (resized).jpg
#3967 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

This was a good adrenaline game for me. Would this be considered a respectable score? I was pretty psyched for it.
[quoted image]

With stock outlane posts that's definitely respectable.

#3968 5 years ago

That’s a great game for me... my high score is in the 700K range, I feel good when I’m pushing 300K

#3969 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

[quoted image]

I’m a great player and usually get about 3 billion but then I wake up.

I would be very happy with that score. My highest is about 400 mil.

#3970 5 years ago

Hi guys,
I have two questions since i bought a HUO Imdn Pro.

There's a ball hop/rebound on the flippers bats transition from the outlanes when the ball is rolling slowly. I played an other IMDN and it was the same problem. I know how to fix that with plastic outlanes but whith metal outlanes it's harder. I tried to adjust outlanes loosening the screws but there's no enough space. Anyone have an idea? I tried Titan rubbers too.

I like the music but the singing is a bit... annoying (personnal taste, sorry Maidens fans). I would like to know if someone create a code with instrumental versions of the songs? (with pinball browser)

Thanks

#3971 5 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

I like the music but the singing is a bit... annoying (personnal taste, sorry Maidens fans).
Thanks

Blasphemy! Dickenson has one of the best vocal ranges of any singer from any genre. He can sustain a note indefinitely. A witch must have cursed your poor ears lol.

#3972 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

You don't tap the button. With the button fully pressed in, you have to slowly let it out fractionally until the upper flipper drops. Robert's skill at stage flipping is just nuts. I can do it but not even close to that level.

I have been trying to do this.

It's crazy hard and not even done one!

Robert's control is amazing!

#3973 5 years ago

Last couple days I have been getting to Number of the Beast pretty regularly. This morning finally killed him for the first time. I think our lifetime record is something like 1-10 now.

#3974 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

No matter the setup, you will be able to control upper and lower flippers separately. Seeing that Robert is a seasoned tournament player, it's unlikely that he would adjust his switches. Mine are pretty tight, but I'm getting better with them with more practice. It's a very sensitive and difficult skill to master.

Adjusting your flipper switches to ensure proper 2-stage operation is a normal adjustment and is in no way considered cheating or making a game easier. Just sometimes they don’t pay that much attention at the factory. My LE had one side where the top flipper fired before the bottom out of the box...

#3975 5 years ago

Just noticed something today, the upper left flipper on my Pro isn't going back to it's full rest position. I lifted the glass and noticed there is a squeak and a little bit of resistance in the beginning of it's throw. When coming back to rest it stops at the resistance point, short by about 5-10% of it's range. It's not much, but enough to make the left orbit a bit tighter of a shot. When I move the other flippers there is no such squeak or resistance.

Being my first table, I'm new to the maintenance aspect. Anyone run into this before and know what is the cause and fix?

Thanks!

#3976 5 years ago
Quoted from malklavious:

Just noticed something today, the upper left flipper on my Pro isn't going back to it's full rest position. I lifted the glass and noticed there is a squeak and a little bit of resistance in the beginning of it's throw. When coming back to rest it stops at the resistance point, short by about 5-10% of it's range. It's not much, but enough to make the left orbit a bit tighter of a shot. When I move the other flippers there is no such squeak or resistance.
Being my first table, I'm new to the maintenance aspect. Anyone run into this before and know what is the cause and fix?
Thanks!

I was also getting some squeaky noise...though in upper right flipper. See here ->

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/25#post-4647115

And...I can't find my "fix" post..but...the squeak was happening from the rubber hitting the EOS leaf switch. I put a tiny dab of superlube on the contact point and the squeak went away.

Though...it was never bad enough to stop movement...

#3977 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Adjusting your flipper switches to ensure proper 2-stage operation is a normal adjustment and is in no way considered cheating or making a game easier. Just sometimes they don’t pay that much attention at the factory. My LE had one side where the top flipper fired before the bottom out of the box...

That's pretty strange, considering the physics of flipper leaf switches. You have to touch the bottom before you touch the top switch. As for adjusting, I'm sure tournaments would have them tight, so Robert would likely want them that way on his machine for practice. I never said anything about it being cheating. I don't adjust mine because I want to get better at tight settings.

#3978 5 years ago

Nobody noticed annoying ball hop at flippers transition ?

#3979 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

That's pretty strange, considering the physics of flipper leaf switches. You have to touch the bottom before you touch the top switch.

Stern has changed their design. Instead of the classic stacked switches, they now use one expected closed switch and some expected open (basically a make or break switch).

#3980 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:Stern has changed their design. Instead of the classic stacked switches, they now use one expected closed switch and some expected open (basically a make or break switch).

Exactly. Threw me for a loop when I first saw it happening as well. Good news is it’s super simple to adjust these to your liking.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

That's pretty strange, considering the physics of flipper leaf switches. You have to touch the bottom before you touch the top switch. As for adjusting, I'm sure tournaments would have them tight, so Robert would likely want them that way on his machine for practice. I never said anything about it being cheating. I don't adjust mine because I want to get better at tight settings.

My point is that you can’t assume the factory adjustment is correct and it’s not cheating or unexpected to have them setup for clean two-stage operation. Trapping balls on the lower flippers while shooting the upper is already a difficult advanced skill, no need to cripple it further with poorly adjusted switches.

#3981 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Stern has changed their design. Instead of the classic stacked switches, they now use one expected closed switch and some expected open (basically a make or break switch).

Ian, that must be a Canadian thing, "expected". I have always heard that as "normally open, normally closed". Did Jeff Teolis have something to do with this? LOL

#3982 5 years ago

Finally got Eddie straightened out. Forgot whose post the idea came from but thanks! It’s the only mod my sons immediately saw and screamed “Badass!”

CAC678ED-045A-468D-87A2-A48E1C7AB234 (resized).jpegCAC678ED-045A-468D-87A2-A48E1C7AB234 (resized).jpeg
#3983 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Ian, that must be a Canadian thing, "expected". I have always heard that as "normally open, normally closed". Did Jeff Teolis have something to do with this? LOL

I don't always word good!

#3984 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Finally got Eddie straightened out. Forgot whose post the idea came from but thanks! It’s the only mod my sons immediately saw and screamed “Badass!”

Could have been me Before i even added my Neca figure to the machine i was thinking...... "Ohhhh yeahhh that will work"

#3985 5 years ago

Wonder if in future updates, they will flesh out the reward/effects for defeating the beast?

#3986 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Mini loop, inner orbit, big loop, left ramp, right ramp, right orbit.

Get the toughest shots out of the way early, the upper loops.

This order just doesn't work for me, the ball is coming too fast out of the big loop for me to bounce pass or live catch and I can't stage so I can't loop pass or drop catch in time. I am now trying:
Mini loop, right orbit, left ramp, right ramp, inner orbit, big loop (left spinner for deathblow)

But I am not successful yet.

#3987 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Mini loop, inner orbit, big loop, left ramp, right ramp, right orbit.
Get the toughest shots out of the way early, the upper loops.

But by making the easiest shots first, you're more likely to be picking up 2,3,4 way combos which soon add up to big points, especially after collecting the 5 times multiplier for combos and deathblows from the Tomb Treasure

#3988 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

[quoted image]

Could you share details on how you did this? It looks fantastic

#3989 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

But by making the easiest shots first, you're more likely to be picking up 2,3,4 way combos which soon add up to big points, especially after collecting the 5 times multiplier for combos and deathblows from the Tomb Treasure

This is about getting to RTTH though, not getting points.

#3990 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Exactly. Threw me for a loop when I first saw it happening as well. Good news is it’s super simple to adjust these to your liking.

My point is that you can’t assume the factory adjustment is correct and it’s not cheating or unexpected to have them setup for clean two-stage operation. Trapping balls on the lower flippers while shooting the upper is already a difficult advanced skill, no need to cripple it further with poorly adjusted switches.

A tight switch is not synonymous with poorly adjusted. I can almost guarantee that PAPA adjusts them to be tight.

#3991 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

This is about getting to RTTH though, not getting points.

Why not pick up points on the way?

I just think that your 6 way requires more trapping and ball transfer:

Mini Loop - Inner Orbit, Big Loop - Left Ramp, Right Ramp - Right Orbit.

Whereas:

Right Ramp, Inner Orbit, Big Loop, Left Ramp, Right Orbit, Mini Loop only requires catching the ball from Big Loop - Left Ramp (although I normally can hit it on the fly anyway).

#3992 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Why not pick up points on the way?
I just think that your 6 way requires more trapping and ball transfer:
Mini Loop - Inner Orbit, Big Loop - Left Ramp, Right Ramp - Right Orbit.
Whereas:
Right Ramp, Inner Orbit, Big Loop, Left Ramp, Right Orbit, Mini Loop only requires catching the ball from Big Loop - Left Ramp (although I normally can hit it on the fly anyway).

Yes my style is more about controlled play. I would never want to leave the hardest shot until the end and try to hit it on the fly at high speed... Thats probably the last thing I want to do and would result in failure every time. YMMV.

#3993 5 years ago

Forgive me, I’m a little confused on following this 6-way combo rule. Can someone correct me where i might be wrong?

+ is a super Death blow the cash in for the 6-way combo? Or is it a cash in for any # of combos?
+ does the 6-way combo have to be accomplished in 6 shots or is there a grace period if you brick a shot during the combo or hit another target?
+ is there a way to track your current combo count or deathblow value, perhaps instant info?
+ does 6-way combo light a tomb award? I assume it does.

Thanks in advance.

#3994 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Forgive me, I’m a little confused on following this 6-way combo rule. Can someone correct me where i might be wrong?
+ is a super Death blow the cash in for the 6-way combo? Or is it a cash in for any # of combos?
+ does the 6-way combo have to be accomplished in 6 shots or is there a grace period if you brick a shot during the combo or hit another target?
+ is there a way to track your current combo count or deathblow value, perhaps instant info?
+ does 6-way combo light a tomb award? I assume it does.
Thanks in advance.

One thing that's interesting when you're in the combo hunt is it will not stop the ball for Tomb Treasures like it usually does. I reported it as a bug, but it's actually a feature. I had a 5 way combo and a tomb treasure lit, I hit the right orbit to get the 5 way and it rolled through, unlit the treasure and played the 5 way combo guitar clip, but didn't stop the ball. I thought that was a bug, but I know now that was so I could make the 6th combo shot and it did award the treasure, it just didn't show it to stop my flow.

#3995 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

One thing that's interesting when you're in the combo hunt is it will not stop the ball for Tomb Treasures like it usually does. I reported it as a bug, but it's actually a feature. I had a 5 way combo and a tomb treasure lit, I hit the right orbit to get the 5 way and it rolled through, unlit the treasure and played the 5 way combo guitar clip, but didn't stop the ball. I thought that was a bug, but I know now that was so I could make the 6th combo shot and it did award the treasure, it just didn't show it to stop my flow.

Thanks for this, I have wondered why I didn't collect a tomb treasure when I should have--pretty tricky!

#3996 5 years ago

Does anyone know if/what the setting is to turn off the autoplunge after locking a ball on the premium/Le? Be buggered if I could find it in the menu's.
It would be nice to take a breath and sip a beer every now and then .

#3997 5 years ago
Quoted from Flex_in_Aus:

Does anyone know if/what the setting is to turn off the autoplunge after locking a ball on the premium/Le? Be buggered if I could find it in the menu's.
I would like a chance to sip a beer during a good ball .

I don't think there is a setting for this. It would be nice to allow another skill shot this way, but it might not be a fair thing in a multiplayer game.

Rob

#3998 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't think there is a setting for this. It would be nice to allow another skill shot this way, but it might not be a fair thing in a multiplayer game.
Rob

I hope this is not true! I dont need another skill shot award or anything, I just want a chance for a break before getting back into it.
Not sure how this would make it unfair in multiplayer?

#3999 5 years ago

Just joined, happy to be here! Didn’t have to tweak anything out of the box.

Plastic protectors are on the way. Gonna do up some gels too.

Edit nvm, picked up the mezel pharaoh protector

03643520-4799-457B-A2CD-5258583E14FC (resized).jpeg03643520-4799-457B-A2CD-5258583E14FC (resized).jpeg

#4000 5 years ago

Made it to 2Min Til Midnight for the first time. An adrenaline rush for sure. Super fun game IMDN is!

70F23EBD-8511-4542-B0DB-88B094D268DB (resized).jpeg70F23EBD-8511-4542-B0DB-88B094D268DB (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
There are 15,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.