(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,732 posts
  • 775 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 361 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56C71030-EAB8-445C-BBDD-732C6EB841CF (resized).jpeg
0DC38502-2E1A-4415-A6DA-8D7064D8A23B (resized).png
maiden (resized).jpg
65535887312__544C691F-899D-47E8-82B2-1F3E77F96EFD (resized).jpeg
8760D1B2-AE49-4511-8933-987C06EE89B1 (resized).jpeg
A93F2B78-6231-4914-8F1B-963DC5AEBDE7 (resized).jpeg
maiden boxed (resized).jpg
lineup (resized).jpg
Stern - Iron Maiden (resized).jpg
2CFF3BAB-212C-4D3E-9D2F-93BF164FFFCB (resized).jpeg
270D5EB9-6E64-4946-BCEB-0D8E34082AB1 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
7CD049AF-CDDC-4E02-A278-F472F60E249B (resized).jpeg
6528AB51-C855-4ABE-B111-6B1C33C6EFB8 (resized).jpeg
4DD6CA35-B14F-4FB4-A67E-B858975790AA (resized).jpeg
A66F1E28-422C-4E61-8FEC-29CF33A91FAC (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9732 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 195.
#351 3 years ago

It always happens when I say one more game before bed.

E18C4675-2D03-431D-8C42-03242202E23C (resized).jpeg

Haha I even got super sling champ. 60! I love this freakin game!!

How many tomb awards have you guys made it to? I finally got 3 onnthis game. Kinda disappointed on what the reward was, hopefully that gets improved with code. I thought I read somewhere that there is 6 total.

#352 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That's about where I have mine set for pitch and my autolaunch and manual plunger work really well.-I did upgrade the plunger spring to give it a bit more power though.

Anyone kitted a cliffy yet to shooter lane?

It looks like that the KISS protector may fit? Ignore others - just talking about about the flat piece.

a9f1ec9ef3d4b38c9589a2686aa92d0f5f886b19 (resized).jpg

KISS-Complete-2017 (resized).jpg

#353 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Anyone kitted a cliffy yet to shooter lane?
It looks like that the KISS protector may fit? Ignore others - just talking about about the flat piece.

Cliffy’s Railguard protectors fits all Stern machines as far as I know. I think Aerosmith came with one from the factory. But IMDN doesn’t?

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Biggest negative I have with this game, no band member call outs.

Yeah when you are really sucking and not making any shots, Bruce Dickinson could have started calling you out and telling security to get you the fuck off the machine!! Lolol. GET HIM OUT OF HERE!!

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Cliffy’s Railguard protectors fits all Stern machines as far as I know. I think Aerosmith came with one from the factory. But IMDN doesn’t?

Talking about the protector that goes under the part where balls are released. This is different on different games but KISS looks a similar cut out pattern?

#356 3 years ago

NorCal in the house

#357 3 years ago

So I reduced my upper left flipper power to soft. This ‘seems’ to have helped with both mini loop shots and super X shots. Could be in my head though haha. But worth mentioning in case someone else wants to try and post some results too.

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Biggest negative I have with this game, no band member call outs.

I think that's a positive. The callouts in this game blow away any of the band callouts in Metallica or KISS! I hope whoever does "The Beast" does a bunch more games for Stern. The Female vocalist "Claire" is really good too. Best callouts since LOTR and these sound so much clearer since they are on Spike instead of Whitestar.

#359 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m finding you can sometimes hit the super shot from the bottom left flipper.

I did this as well last night and was surprised when it still gave me the super-skill! I do have games where it seems like I can hit that shot fairly consistently but those games are few and far between.

#360 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I hope whoever does "The Beast" does a bunch more games for Stern.

Steve Ritchie did those callouts.

edit: not steve ritchie, guys name is rick zieff.

#361 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Really?!? I heart SR

Side note, and really super minor thing; but there’s a setting to turn off song selection after ball 1. I did this and like it a lot. Feels more like Metallica in the sense that you pick a background song for your entire game. But I love how many settings there are in the adjustments.

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

It isn't Steve. One of the podcasts mentioned the guys name.

#363 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It isn't Steve. One of the podcasts mentioned the guys name.

oh i could of sworn on one of the two deadflip streams at the very beginning someone said something about steve ritchie doing the voice.

#364 3 years ago

On the deadflip stream Keith said something about Tim Sexton doing the callouts. I wasn't sure if he was joking, though.

#365 3 years ago

I just asked Keith, he said the guys name is Rick Zieff and he also did the callouts on B66 as the announcer.

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Yeah when you are really sucking and not making any shots, Bruce Dickinson could have started calling you out and telling security to get you the fuck off the machine!! Lolol. GET HIM OUT OF HERE!!

At one of their rare stops in IN (I usually have to go to Chicago to see em) in 2012, Bruce did stop mid song and proceeded to rip into some douchebag that was on his phone. It was hilarious. Last tour I was 3rd row next to some phone douchebags myself. Kept falling into them; was really weird....

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

At one of their rare stops in IN (I usually have to go to Chicago to see em) in 2012, Bruce did stop mid song and proceeded to rip into some douchebag that was on his phone. It was hilarious. Last tour I was 3rd row next to some phone douchebags myself. Kept falling into them; was really weird....

Yeah I watched a whole “best of” Bruce Dickinson moments on YouTube and it’s all of him stopping mid show and yelling and cursing at people and calling them out!! Lol. Some he even had security get them and throw them out of the show!! Don’t piss Bruce off he’s a beast!!! There was also one with Blaze and Steve Harris that something happened with Blaze and a fan front row and Steve and Blaze mean mugged the guy the for the rest of the song!!! The SECOND the song was done Blaze lit this guy up like crazy!! Don’t piss of Blaze or Steve either!! Point is I guess.....don’t piss off ANY of Iron Maiden while they’re playing their asses off for you!!! Up the irons!

#369 3 years ago

Just bought a TWD Pro, and the game is brutal. Too many nearly unavoidable drains for my liking. Iron Maiden is looking really interesting to me, but I'm curious to know about ball times, game difficulty, and most importantly to me, having achievable and enjoyable wizard modes.

#370 3 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just bought a TWD Pro, and the game is brutal. Too many nearly unavoidable drains for my liking. Iron Maiden is looking really interesting to me, but I'm curious to know about ball times, game difficulty, and most importantly to me, having achievable and enjoyable wizard modes.

Ball times have been great so far. mostly quick games mixed in with a couple standard medium/long games, but nothing excessive.

the wizard modes seem very attainable, at least 2 of them are. One for doing all the power pyramid modes which qualifies cyborg mb. And the other for doing the battle modes which qualifies 2 mins to midnight I believe. I’ve done cyborg 4 times and qualified 2MTM once but didn’t start. I believe after doing cyborg mb, the power features increase in value for round 2 which is wicked cool.

All in all, ball times are great (so far) but more importantly there are no cheap drains like TWD and progression is quick so if you start having long ball times you can easily make the game harder while still achieving wizard modes in a timely manner.

#371 3 years ago

I don’t want to spoil anything for anyone but how far have you guys made it through trooper mb? I just got to the triple jackpot phase and O-M-G! This game is quickly becoming the best pin ever. Not just for the layout, not just the rules, not just the art, not just the sounds, but the call outs too...holy hell the call outs! It’s challenging the best pins (LOTR, TAF, AFM, etc...) for best call outs. Phew ok...calm down, eat a cookie, let the adrenaline rush subsidize

#372 3 years ago

There's definitely an issue with using PBL shaker motors with this game. I'm at least the third person to report a slam tilt when using one. I emailed Terry and he is looking into a solution. I know Stern also released a service bulletin and a fix for their motor using a Cap kit.

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

There's definitely an issue with using PBL shaker motors with this game. I'm at least the third person to report a slam tilt when using one. I emailed Terry and he is looking into a solution. I know Stern also released a service bulletin and a fix for their motor using a Cap kit.

That sucks. I just ordered the PBL shaker motor for when I get my Premium next month.

#374 3 years ago

Iron Maiden Movie:

I have deep respect! And can't wait to see it.

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

That sucks. I just ordered the PBL shaker motor for when I get my Premium next month.

By that time I'm sure there will be a solution. My guess is that we'll need some kind of Cap kit as well to keep noise out of the line. I wouldn't worry about it.

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I know of a PBL shaker used in IMDN and they didn't have a issue. I have it in my AS and no problem.

#377 3 years ago

I installed the official Stern headphone jack in my game tonight and highly recommend it. This should allow me to get some extra game time in after the kids go to bed. When headphones aren't connected it allows you to control the game's volume without having to open the coin door which is really nice! I bought mine through PBL. Install was simple and only took about 10 minutes.

IMG_20180420_202210 (resized).jpg

#378 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I know of a PBL shaker used in IMDN and they didn't have a issue. I have it in my AS and no problem.

He must be lucky or maybe he was shipped a game with the Cap kit already installed? There was a service bulletin put up 2 days ago by Stern for this issue.

Stern-ShakerMotorAdvisory.pdf

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I installed the official Stern headphone jack in my game tonight and highly recommend it. This should allow me to get some extra game time in after the kids go to bed. When headphones aren't connected it allows you to control the game's volume without having to open the coin door which is really nice! I bought mine through PBL. Install was simple and only took about 10 minutes.

I have been looking at the headphone jack. It may find it's way on cart next time I'm at BPL. I want to get a tournament button to.

#380 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I have been looking at the headphone jack. It may find it's way on cart next time I'm at BPL. I want to get a tournament button to.

Are there new tournament buttons for the smaller holes on Spike 2 games?

#381 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

ordered!

#382 3 years ago

Yea baby!

IMG_1983 (resized).JPG

#383 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Are there new tournament buttons for the smaller holes on Spike 2 games?

I'm looking for one, didn't see one at BPL. Tournament play is in menu just need to find button.

#384 3 years ago

I've started to get a bit more consistent hitting it after I shoot the center ramp and the ball rolls to the upper left flipper. I did it twice in a row last night.

#385 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'm looking for one, didn't see one at BPL. Tournament play is in menu just need to find button.

The old one fits, but it's not recessed like on SAM and Spike 1 games. I tried it on my Aerosmith when I first got it. Looks kind of awkward when it's not recessed into the front of the cab like the Start button.

#386 3 years ago

I cancelled my Pirates LE order this morning and am definitely buying Iron Maiden! Can someone PM me your best price for a Premium vs Pro? In the past I've bought from Cointaker, KingPin, Pupo, so I know there are a lot of good distributors out there. Thanks!

#387 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Alright folks, here's my story - ill try to make it short
I put a deposit down with gexchange (thanks JJ!) the day after the first initial stream with DF & KME. JJ reached out to me last Thursday and said games are on the way, need final payment - paid that instant. I asked Friday when we'd expect something and he said he'd hope they would show up at his shop Friday. I heard nothing all weekend so pretty much figured it would ship sometime this week and thought, with any luck I 'MIGHT' have this by Friday before the weekend. Then, the email came....shipping info! Finished up some work and then checked the tracking #, it was already in Los Angeles! JJ had shipped it out Friday night! Holy crap JJ you rock! I call freight company and they said they'd deliver Tuesday (today) between 11am-3pm....yea, ive heard that before (..3pm...4pm....5pm....crickets...6pm...7pm...) Not this time! Guy made me my first stop and was here before 11am! Needless to say, I was not prepared; no shaker motor, no extras, luckily I had 5 new PBL Glossy balls in my tool chest and one opened but unused gloss ball. Score! This is a 6-ball game btw for anyone ordering balls.
On with the pics!
This thing looks sweet.

Yes! I have room for it....

Uh oh....first issue! Luckily it's super minor.

This ramp is much bigger than it looked on videos:

I think you have to be Keith Elwin or something to make this super jackpot...

Some play field pics, artwork and insert matrix is amazing...

Now that's a shooter protector!

Shipped with .91 code (already updated it to .92)

Looking good!

Backglass art is amazing

Make sure it's level...

This is new to me, I like it! but I think they've been doing this since introducing LCD...

All snug and cozy at home!

Ive only a handful of test games so time to get playing so I can come back with a full review

What leveling app are you using here?

#388 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

The old one fits, but it's not recessed like on SAM and Spike 1 games. I tried it on my Aerosmith when I first got it. Looks kind of awkward when it's not recessed into the front of the cab like the Start button.

I'm hoping to find one that's recessed, but the one at BPL, that maybe be a temporary fix. Thanks for the info

#389 3 years ago
Quoted from in2kiss:

What leveling app are you using here?

Clinometer

It doesn’t work very good with phones but good with iPad. Better than my torpedo level I feel.

#390 3 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just bought a TWD Pro, and the game is brutal. Too many nearly unavoidable drains for my liking.

Hey Einstein you need to set it up properly

#391 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

By that time I'm sure there will be a solution. My guess is that we'll need some kind of Cap kit as well to keep noise out of the line. I wouldn't worry about it.

To follow up. I installed the Cap Kit. Was told on the phone that it is the same Cap Kit from the previous Node Board Bulletins and I had a few extra.

It took the Shaker from instant Slam Tilt to Slam Tilts way later in the game when a ton of stuff is going on. From 1 of 3 to 1 of 20 I would say. Better, but not a solve for me... Will be calling in on Monday to relay the information to Stern.

On a side note, my left ramp is not dropping the ball into the inlane, but rather 3/4s of the time launching it into the air and dropping it in front of the left sling. This happen to anyone else? I Moved the ramp mount a bit left and right but it doesnt seem to change. Happens at high and low speed. Wondering if my wireform is a little 'funny'.....

#392 3 years ago

Finally got to play this and after having my hopes up so high I was a little worried it might not play to my expectations, but it did and has me wishing I didn’t order the premium. I played it at AYCE Gogi with my wife and she loved it too. We are not die hard Iron Maiden fans but the music is awesome with the pin, I might have to download a few songs to my iTunes to rock out. The game is very forgiving and yet has so many modes and bonus stuff to shoot for it makes for a perfect combo. This is going to be a wonderful machine to add to my small collection.

52D786D0-E9D8-4497-9D75-F75054305FFF (resized).jpeg

#393 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Finally got to play this and after having my hopes up so high I was a little worried it might not play to my expectations, but it did and has me wishing I didn’t order the premium. I played it at AYCE Gogi with my wife and she loved it too. We are not die hard Iron Maiden fans but the music is awesome with the pin, I might have to download a few songs to my iTunes to rock out. The game is very forgiving and yet has so many modes and bonus stuff to shoot for it makes for a perfect combo. This is going to be a wonderful machine to add to my small collection.

#394 3 years ago

You know you’re having a good game when Rime of the ancient mariner is your song choice for the game and halfway during your game you’re at the songs melodic breakdown and then almost get through the whole song too lol!

3022CF75-94DF-495E-9EEB-7CE73DC53F1D (resized).jpeg

That said, anyone know what run to the hills mode is? I don’t recall doing any special modes or hearing the song in fact, but apparently I did good lol

5FCEDF07-4B15-402A-88FB-B6C487A020A4 (resized).jpeg

#395 3 years ago

It's the "secret" wizard mode Keith has mentioned.

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You know you’re having a good game when Rime of the ancient mariner is your song choice for the game and halfway during your game you’re at the songs melodic breakdown and then almost get through the whole song too lol!

That said, anyone know what run to the hills mode is? I don’t recall doing any special modes or hearing the song in fact, but apparently I did good lol

Killing it man!

#397 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Killing it man!

dude, my blood is still pumping! F*ck it, I'm calling it now. Best pin ever. Just put up a rating and I never do that this early after buying a pin. but this pin is that good. I haven't been this stoked and excited about pinball in awhile. Game is top notch greatness. I want Keith to announce his next game next week so I can buy that! hahaha

#398 3 years ago

Finally got out on location to try this today. I love it. So much fun. I played about 8 games and my highest score was 108 million. If I had the money i'd buy one ASAP. This is my new favorite game.

#399 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Damn dude! You're putting up some killer scores. What's you're strategy for points? I've been focusing just on trying to get to Cyborg MB and 2MTM. Been to Cyborg a handful of times now and gotten to the 5th mode numerous times but just can't seem to find that blow-up game yet! My highs are all in the 250-350m range.

#400 3 years ago

Fear of The Dark - LCD animation - the Guy with the beard walking ahead of the spirit or whatever it is, sure looks like the game designer...

There are 9732 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 195.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside