(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 317.
#3851 5 years ago

Hi guys,
i want to add IMDN to my collection and i wonder if the code is as good as LOTR and TWD codes, which i think is the best codes ever created?
Thanks

#3852 5 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys,
i want to add IMDN to my collection and i wonder if the code is as good as LOTR and TWD codes, which i think is the best codes ever created?
Thanks

As an owner of all three... I would say yes.

Surprisingly great code for a game not programmed by Lyman or Keith Johnson. We probably owe this to the unconventionally long development time that this layout had.

#3853 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

As an owner of all three... I would say yes.
Surprisingly great code for a game not programmed by Lyman or Keith Johnson. We probably owe this to the unconventionally long development time that this layout had.

Agreed.

#3854 5 years ago

Just put in the Eddie Neca figures in my pro. Couldn't bring myself to spend the money on a Cyborg Eddie, so I put a Trooper in its place. Not shown in the pictures, but put in all the Vireland colored light mods, and what a difference. Saw one on location, and all the white was horrible after having them.

IMG_0141 (resized).jpgIMG_0141 (resized).jpgIMG_0143 (resized).jpgIMG_0143 (resized).jpgIMG_0144 (resized).jpgIMG_0144 (resized).jpg
#3855 5 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys,
Thanks

Sorry I would have to say no here. I have owned IMDN for a month or so now and the lack of different routes on the game are making it a bit stale for me. I also own LOTR and TWD. You aren’t going to get anything like the code in those games with IMDN and it doesn’t look like any further development is coming.

#3856 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Sorry I would have to say no here. I have owned IMDN for a month or so now and the lack of different routes on the game are making it a bit stale for me. I also own LOTR and TWD. You aren’t going to get anything like the code in those games with IMDN and it doesn’t look like any further development is coming.

What are the different routes on LotR? That's pretty much the same progression every time.

#3857 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

For TWD as too many dead ends, much more variety in IMDN.

#3858 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Keep playing IMDN. I love TWD, it is my all time favourite game. It took me a while to warm up to TWD and IMDN was no different. Coding on IMDN is like a 90s BW with extras. Took me a few months and I really like IMDN now.

#3859 5 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys,
Thanks

I own TWD and IMDN and IMDN code is nearly as good as TWD. You'll love it. if you want a code deep game though -> Batman'66.

#3860 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What are the different routes on LotR? That's pretty much the same progression every time.

Not so much different routes but just a more creative coding... collect the characters for multiball... path of the dead for multiball...light lock and lock 3 balls for multiball... vs. IMDN: hit captive ball for multiball or lock 3 balls for multiball.

IMDN has 2 multiball s just for starting a mode.

Both have some mini wizard modes: LOTR has destroy the ring vs IMDN 2 minutes to midnight. But 2 minutes is just another mode lit the same way after finishing the other modes. Destroy the ring you complete 3 multiballs - and pounding the locked ball through the ring for the finish is awesome... much more satisfying and fun to get to IMO.

Gollum mutliball and cyborg multiball both gimmes for just playing the game. Not really modes you would go for per sey but maybe. Not a big fan of either but they are there.

LOTR has ring multiball...shooting the ring really satisfying compared to the pharaoh shot in IMDN. That’s not code related but anyways...

Light the 4 inserts on IMDN and get to battle the beast. Finish the ring bonus on LOTR and get to there and back again mode. There and back again much more variety and so much fun. Beast mode is ok but not as intense or different as there and back again. Basically hit one shot.. then upnthe middle... then another shot until time runs out and repeat...

Getting to the final wizard mode on LOTR (valinor) takes a lot. Many will never see it. Finish all multiballs... finish all modes...finish there and back again... can’t remember but something more too. It’s an epic adventure for sure. IMDN I think you have to do everything and get the tomb treasures. I am not sure here.

So IMO no comparison on code. LOTR much more variety and much more satisfying to get to and finish mini wizards and challenges.

Playfield, shots and layout is another story. That’s what I really like about IMDN much more than LOTR and of course... THE MUSIC rocks!!

#3861 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Not so much different routes but just a more creative coding... collect the characters for multiball... path of the dead for multiball...light lock and lock 3 balls for multiball... vs. IMDN: hit captive ball for multiball or lock 3 balls for multiball.
IMDN has 2 multiball s just for starting a mode.

Okay, but that's not "different routes." LotR has one "route" just like Iron Maiden - you're still doing essentially the SAME things to advance every time in LotR. You can mix it up a little, just like Maiden, but you don't have the advantage of stacks which you do have in Iron Maiden that substantially change how the game both plays and scores depending on what you take and when. I think the main difference you're talking about is story integration into gameplay which you can't have with Iron Maiden since it's not a movie.

#3862 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Okay, but that's not "different routes." LotR has one "route" just like Iron Maiden - you're still doing essentially the SAME things to advance every time in LotR. You can mix it up a little, just like Maiden, but you don't have the advantage of stacks which you do have in Iron Maiden that substantially change how the game both plays and scores depending on what you take and when. I think the main difference you're talking about is story integration into gameplay which you can't have with Iron Maiden since it's not a movie.

No that’s not what I am talking about. But that is true as well.

LOTR has 3 multiballs which can be had and can also be completed... these get to the destroy the ring mode or closer to super wizard mode (valinor) if you complete them. Also I can start each one and progress toward them as I want with different shots...

IMDN has trooper (one or two of the same shots to lock) and mummy multiball ( one shot again and again to start) and they are just multiballs for points ... doesn’t have the deeper dive ... can u complete those multiballs and get to something else? I don’t think so.

That’s just one small example but the games codes are completely different in terms of depth and sophistication. IMDN does not have nearly the depth of LOTR... that’s all I am saying for whoever asked the question.

I am a deep code guy. I don’t play for points I play to accomplish and LOTR gives much more to the player in this regard.

#3863 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

LOTR has 3 multiballs which can be had and can also be completed... these get to the destroy the ring mode or closer to super wizard mode (valinor) if you complete them. Also I can start each one and progress toward them as I want with different shots...
IMDN has trooper (one or two of the same shots to lock) and mummy multiball ( one shot again and again to start) and they are just multiballs for points ... doesn’t have the deeper dive ... can u complete those multiballs and get to something else? I don’t think so.

The POINT of those two multiballs is to complete them correctly and collect the corresponding eddie card (Mummy and Trooper) to get to Number of the Beast, which requires 4 cards to unlock and corresponds roughly to Destroy the Ring. Now if you dogged on Rime or Aces as point-fest multiballs only, I could see that, but the two multiballs you complained about absolutely have a point that is necessary for getting to the wizard mode. And Cyborg multiball is essentially mapped to Fellowship since once you collect all the types of power (pops, ramps, targets, etc) you start that one...I don't see the problem except that the things you're pointing out are because LotR is story based and the progression hits the story points.

#3864 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

That’s just one small example but the games codes are completely different in terms of depth and sophistication. IMDN does not have nearly the depth of LOTR... that’s all I am saying for whoever asked the question.
I am a deep code guy. I don’t play for points I play to accomplish and LOTR gives much more to the player in this regard.

Have you defeated the beast and Run to the Hills?

#3865 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Have you defeated the beast and Run to the Hills?

Have battled the beast a lot (not defeated yet but won’t be long. no to run to the hills.

I’m ok to bow out here... I know in this club it’s not going to be easy to have a contrarian view against IMDN.

I’m not saying I don’t like the game and it’s not just the theme of LOTR... but the post asked if IMDN is as satisfying as LOTR code wise and to me it’s not close in that regards, that’s all.

I have given some great examples of this but agree that everyone may have a different opinion ... I’m sure over at the LOTR club you could find many more arguments for how the code is deeper and more sophisticated - perhaps the poster can try to ask his question there. I just go by “feel” and that’s how it feels to me.

I’ll have a couple games of each back to back today and if I come up with anything else I’ll let you know. IMDN is the new kid on the block here so it is getting most of my plays but I can blow the dust off LOTR and remember quickly why it has will likely never leave my collection...LOL

#3866 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

In Iron Maiden you need to get a Mummy Super jackpot to collect the Mummy card which allows you to progress towards Number of the Beast which isn't an easy task. You also need to get a Super in Trooper MB to get the Trooper card which progresses towards the same thing. Number of the Beast is the mid wizard mode in the game which is somewhat similar to DTR in LOTR.

You need to do well in modes and other objectives which give you Soul Shards which are similar to "Gifts of the elves" in LOTR. You need to collect 10 of these to get to "Run to the Hills". Once you play the 5 main modes in IM you get to 2 Minutes to Midnight which is the equivalent of starting modes in LOTR to get to "TABA". There area lot of similarities between LOTR and Maiden as they are both mode based games. Maiden also has additional stuff such as Cyborg Multiball (for completing all power features) and power jackpots which can be super lucrative! There is a lot more than just points in Maiden, and the multi-balls such as Trooper have a lot of depth (and stages) to them similar to LOTR. I think they are closer in depth than you think. I owned a LOTR for many years' and while it's a fantastic game I was ready to move on from it. Guess we'll see if I feel the same way about Maiden in a few years'.

#3867 5 years ago

A lot of great informations here, thanks guys!

#3868 5 years ago

Doubled my high score tonight! Here’s the funny thing, still haven’t seen 2M2M yet. Love this game.

51147B72-25F4-4AF8-AD53-4BDE268BA94E (resized).jpeg51147B72-25F4-4AF8-AD53-4BDE268BA94E (resized).jpeg
#3869 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Doubled my high score tonight! Here’s the funny thing, still haven’t seen 2M2M yet. Love this game.
[quoted image]

Wow... please a little story of your crazy high score.

#3870 5 years ago

Especially odd when my high score is only around 400,000 and I HAVE made it to Midnight (Once so far. One shot away from finishing)

#3871 5 years ago

I really can’t give you an accurate account. I started trooper in HBTN mode and kept it going for 10 minutes. I had 4 balls rocking FOREVER. I concentrated on ramps and the Pharoah shot. I looked up and was over 900. I did end up with 3 cards and a few soul shards and a looong Can I play with Madness mode. Sorry for crappy explanation.

#3872 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I really can’t give you an accurate account. I started trooper in HBTN mode and kept it going for 10 minutes. I had 4 balls rocking FOREVER. I concentrated on ramps and the Pharoah shot. I looked up and was over 900. I did end up with 3 cards and a few soul shards and a looong Can I play with Madness mode. Sorry for crappy explanation.

It’s all good man I was just trying to pick your brain to see where I can step up my game.

#3873 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Have battled the beast a lot (not defeated yet but won’t be long. no to run to the hills.
I’m ok to bow out here... I know in this club it’s not going to be easy to have a contrarian view against IMDN.
I’m not saying I don’t like the game and it’s not just the theme of LOTR... but the post asked if IMDN is as satisfying as LOTR code wise and to me it’s not close in that regards, that’s all.
I have given some great examples of this but agree that everyone may have a different opinion ... I’m sure over at the LOTR club you could find many more arguments for how the code is deeper and more sophisticated - perhaps the poster can try to ask his question there. I just go by “feel” and that’s how it feels to me.
I’ll have a couple games of each back to back today and if I come up with anything else I’ll let you know. IMDN is the new kid on the block here so it is getting most of my plays but I can blow the dust off LOTR and remember quickly why it has will likely never leave my collection...LOL

Can totally see your love for LOTR, but you and others have missed including the loops. The loops are what make this game epic. I never thought I'd see a game that could top BK2000 for loop euphoria, but IMDN has done it. Oh yeah, then add all that other code. LOTR has nothing like the loops for intensity and code that is slightly deeper.

#3874 5 years ago

Exactly, the loops are huge. And nobody has even mentioned the level two Eddie cards. They are exactly the kind of deep dive goal that he claims maiden doesn't have in its multiballs.

#3875 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Can totally see your love for LOTR, but you and others have missed including the loops. The loops are what make this game epic. I never thought I'd see a game that could top BK2000 for loop euphoria, but IMDN has done it. Oh yeah, then add all that other code. LOTR has nothing like the loops for intensity and code that is slightly deeper.

And just to be clear I didn't mean to dog on LotR - it's a great game. But him saying the progression is somehow so different than Maiden is just wrong. It's very similar.

#3876 5 years ago

Can you get level 2 Eddie cards before you get all level 1 cards? I mean once I collect the trooper card can I work on level 2 trooper card or do I have to collect the other 3 cards first?

#3877 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Can you get level 2 Eddie cards before you get all level 1 cards? I mean once I collect the trooper card can I work on level 2 trooper card or do I have to collect the other 3 cards first?

I've gotten level 2 cards before collecting them all.

#3878 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Yes, you can get them anytime, they are not related to each other.

For example, to get the Cyborg Eddie level 2 card, you must collect a 5x super jackpot during cyborg multiball (get 5 SJPs).

#3879 5 years ago

Picking up my pro tonight. Can’t wait. In almost ten years of collecting this will be my first ever stern machine. Standby for loads of stupid questions

#3880 5 years ago
Quoted from sbskins:

Also, the right outlane post rubber was blocking the ball from properly draining out the right outlane, the ball didn't have enough room to drain. Very strange, but we managed to fix the problem by unscrewing that post, and screwing it back in while applying pressure to the post in the opposite direction, the ball drains just fine now.

Had the same when I first unboxed mine, I just switched to a smaller rubber on that post, to help the drain.

Having played plenty of games on it since Sept have noticed 2 things,
the wire guide is now slightly bent with the ball hitting it so much - which makes the outlane gap bigger anyway.
Even with the adjustable post moved to its max setting the balls go down the right outlane much less frequently than the left outlane (which has the gap smaller)

I try and have my machines set so that the audits for drain read 25%, 50%, 25% for left, centre, right. That usually equates to a much more fun game to play.

#3881 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

As already stated, each Eddie card is independent of the others. Here's how you get them.

Mummy
Lv1 Super Jackpot
Lv2 Double Super Jackpot
Cyborg
Lv1 Qualify Cyborg
Lv2 Hit a 5x Super Jackpot
Trooper
Lv1 Hit a Super Jackpot
Lv2 EITHER Hit a 5x Super Jackpot, OR have all shots at 3x
Eddie (What's he called for this?)
Lv1 Start 2mtm
Lv2 Collect a Double Super Jackpot.

There's no reason why you couldn't get a Lv2 card before getting a Lv1 of any other card.

You can also get a Lv2 card from Tomb Treasure 9.

#3882 5 years ago

Compare and contrast LotR & IMdn - they're a lot more alike than you think

LotR - IMDN
Flippers 2 - 4
Skill Shots 3 - at least 4
Modes 6 - 5 (2 of which are MBs)
MB Two Towers - Trooper
MB Fellowship - Cyborg
MB Return/King - Mummy
Mini Wiz TABA - 2mtm
Mini Wiz DTR - NotB
Wiz Valinor - RttH
Awards 6 (7) Elf Gifts - 10 Tomb Treasures
- 4 Eddie Cards (x 2 for Lvls)

Extras Golum MB - nothing comparable
Extras nothing comparable - Playfield multipliers
Extras nothing comparable - Loop Jackpots
Extras nothing comparable - Combos / Death blow
Extras nothing comparable - Power Jackpots
Extras nothing comparable - Player-lit Ball save

(I can't format the way I'd like to - but you get the idea)

People can make their own opinions as to which game they prefer, and good luck to them in doing so, but there is no doubt that there is more on IMDN to do, with more different strategies to focus on.

IMHO, having owned both (LotR being the machine I had chased for such a long time) IMdn wins hands down.

The modes are more enjoyable in IMDN requiring more varied shots to complete, AND have to be completed to get to RttH - unlike modes in LotR.
The mini wiz modes in LotR are quite simply inferior to IMdN. TABA doesn't have to be completed to progress to Valinor, DTR is 5 shots. I've completed it in 19sec.

I sold my LotR after only a couple of months having got to Valinor 3 or 4 times. It's not difficult to get to Valinor, it just has the potential to take a long time. Progress is saved in all Mbs, and completion isn't required of everything to get there. Keep the ball alive and you'll get there by default. The same cannot be said of IMdn - you actually need to complete requirements.

That's without even going into the playfield layout, sound quality and variance of callouts, display.

#3883 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I sold my LotR after only a couple of months having got to Valinor 3 or 4 times. It's not difficult to get to Valinor, it just has the potential to take a long time. Progress is saved in all Mbs, and completion isn't required of everything to get there. Keep the ball alive and you'll get there by default. The same cannot be said of IMdn - you actually need to complete requirements.

Not difficult to get to Valinor? Please.

#3884 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I sold my LotR after only a couple of months having got to Valinor 3 or 4 times. It's not difficult to get to Valinor...

liotta.gifliotta.gif
#3885 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Not difficult to get to Valinor? Please.

I stand by what I say, Valinor is not some mythical wizard mode that is unachievable - plenty others out there which are MUCH harder to get to

#3886 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I sold my LotR after only a couple of months having got to Valinor 3 or 4 times.

I wish I was that good of a player. More practice for me I guess.

#3887 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I stand by what I say, Valinor is not some mythical wizard mode that is unachievable - plenty others out there which are MUCH harder to get to

Let's be clear...that's not what you said. You said, "It's not difficult to get to Valinor".

Valinor is unachievable for 99% of the folks who walk up to a LOTR pinball machine. I've owned my LOTR since 2004 (when it was released) and I've never been to Valinor. I've been to "there and back again"...defeated ballrog...and destroyed the ring many times.

I'm happy you are in the 1%, but that does't equate to "It's not difficult".

Quoted from Bundy:

I wish I was that good of a player. More practice for me I guess.

I wouldn't feel bad. I've played in tournaments with nationally ranked players on both coasts and I'm pretty confident none of them would assert "It's not difficult to get to Valinor".

#3888 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Let's be clear...that's not what you said. You said, "It's not difficult to get to Valinor".

Let's be clear... and include the rest of the quote about progress being saved, not needing to complete all modes, etc.. There are no risky shots on LotR putting the ball out of control, in single ball play.

Maybe you would have preferred it had I worded the quote as "I didn't find it difficult to get to Valinor 3 or 4 times in the months I owned it"

#3889 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Compare and contrast LotR & IMdn - they're a lot more alike than you think
LotR - IMDN
Flippers 2 - 4
Skill Shots 3 - at least 4
Modes 6 - 5 (2 of which are MBs)
MB Two Towers - Trooper
MB Fellowship - Cyborg
MB Return/King - Mummy
Mini Wiz TABA - 2mtm
Mini Wiz DTR - NotB
Wiz Valinor - RttH
Awards 6 (7) Elf Gifts - 10 Tomb Treasures
- 4 Eddie Cards (x 2 for Lvls)
Extras Golum MB - nothing comparable
Extras nothing comparable - Playfield multipliers
Extras nothing comparable - Loop Jackpots
Extras nothing comparable - Combos / Death blow
Extras nothing comparable - Power Jackpots
Extras nothing comparable - Player-lit Ball save
(I can't format the way I'd like to - but you get the idea)
People can make their own opinions as to which game they prefer, and good luck to them in doing so, but there is no doubt that there is more on IMDN to do, with more different strategies to focus on.
IMHO, having owned both (LotR being the machine I had chased for such a long time) IMdn wins hands down.
The modes are more enjoyable in IMDN requiring more varied shots to complete, AND have to be completed to get to RttH - unlike modes in LotR.
The mini wiz modes in LotR are quite simply inferior to IMdN. TABA doesn't have to be completed to progress to Valinor, DTR is 5 shots. I've completed it in 19sec.
That's without even going into the playfield layout, sound quality and variance of callouts, display.

I see you have WPT in your line-up. Have you made Keefer Invitational yet?-now that is a tough wizard mode!

I wouldn't say Valinor is easy, but game setup plays a big part on that game. I owned LOTR for six years' and never made it on my personal game because i had it setup extremely difficult. I had the tilt set tight, outlanes all the way open and the game was always waxed and pitched high (which made the ring shot difficult) in longer games. I've made it to Valinor on other LOTR machines which played slow with loose tilts and stock outlanes.

#3890 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I see you have WPT in your line-up. Have you made Keefer Invitational yet?-now that is a tough wizard mode!
I wouldn't say Valinor is easy, but game setup plays a big part on that game. I owned LOTR for six years' and never made it on my personal game because i had it setup extremely difficult. I had the tilt set tight, outlanes all the way open and the game was always waxed and pitched high (which made the ring shot difficult) in longer games. I've made it to Valinor on other LOTR machines which played slow with loose tilts and stock outlanes.

Exactly. My personal game is also setup fast...I've played other examples that were much slower and more forgiving.

Quoted from WJxxxx:

Maybe you would have preferred it had I worded the quote as "I didn't find it difficult to get to Valinor 3 or 4 times in the months I owned it"

How was your game setup? Have you ever come close to achieving Valinor on another example?

#3891 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Exactly. My personal game is also setup fast...I've played other examples that were much slower and more forgiving.

How was your game setup? Have you ever come close to achieving Valinor on another example?

Have never got close to Keefer, even during the GWR of 30hrs. Never did Gauntlet on PotC either, nor Lymans Lament on MB, nor final wizard on TF (completing BOTH sets of modes), although I did get to both Autobot and Decepticon mini wiz.
I honestly can't think of any of the other games that have been through my collection I have 'failed' on.

Game had no rubbers on the outlanes, standard tilt, factory settings.
I was well on the way to Valinor in competition at the UK Open a few years ago, but other player forfeited after his 2nd ball.
I have never set games up easy just to post a big score or achieve a wizard mode - don't see the point.

I've also got to many of those wizards, and others, on location or at friends, so it's not the way I have them set up.

#3892 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Have never got close to Keefer, even during the GWR of 30hrs. Never did Gauntlet on PotC either, nor Lymans Lament on MB, nor final wizard on TF (completing BOTH sets of modes), although I did get to both Autobot and Decepticon mini wiz.
I honestly can't think of any of the other games that have been through my collection I have 'failed' on.
I was well on the way to Valinor in competition at the UK Open a few years ago, but other player forfeited after his 2nd ball.
I have never set games up easy just to post a big score or achieve a wizard mode - don't see the point.
I've also got to many of those wizards, and others, on location or at friends, so it's not the way I have them set up.

I'm a failure on a number of my games, deep down I always knew it...

#3893 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

That's impressive...you sound like a very serious player. For good or bad, I largely play to have fun. Love progressing though the game, but it doesn't dominate my style of play (which is to have fun).

One of the reasons I play TRON much more than LOTR is getting to Portal doesn't take all day Don' think I'll ever get to Valinor as a result...oh well.

#3894 5 years ago

WJxxxx is nearly one of the top players in the UK

Screenshot 2019-02-18 at 20.42.48 (resized).pngScreenshot 2019-02-18 at 20.42.48 (resized).png

Neil.

#3895 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

wjxxxx is nearly one of the top players in the UK
[quoted image]
Neil.

Very cool...thanks for posting. Valinor is still difficult for most of us "mere mortals"

#3896 5 years ago

Where would I get those thin walled post sleeves? The yellow stock ones are worn out, all replacement ones I have in my stash are basically twice the wall thickness and would close up all shots.

where to go, what to do?
Thank you for your input

#3897 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Where would I get those thin walled post sleeves? The yellow stock ones are worn out, all replacement ones I have in my stash are basically twice the wall thickness and would close up all shots.
where to go, what to do?
Thank you for your input

I use Titan "Stern Slim" (https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52)

#3898 5 years ago

Thank you!

#3899 5 years ago

Quoted from NeilMcRae:wjxxxx is nearly one of the top players in the UK
[quoted image]
Neil.

Yes, nearly - depending on which ranking tool you use

Screenshot_20190218-232233_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190218-232233_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#3900 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

where to go, what to do?
Thank you for your input

Be aware that the sleeves on Maiden are tapered to reduce airballs. Titan does not make anything like that yet. I change all my rubber to Titans. I change my Maiden over before the first game. I'd hold off on sleeves for now. Side note, yellow ones? Where did you have yellow ones stock? Everything was black on mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 16.00
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/78?hl=shadrac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.