(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,641 posts
  • 1,039 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by Sorokyl
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8120 (resized).png
IMG_8121 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240325_110734_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_110223_Gmail (resized).jpg
20240322_134838 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 313.
#3801 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Wierd thing.... my flippers work fine, but my top right one has a wierd clunk sound after the flipper sound. Havent opened it up yet but figured id ask if any1 else has heard of this?

If you figure it out, let me know. Same thing started happening here with the flipper on the right top, but when I lift the playfield to track it down, it goes away and stays away for any number of games. Comes and goes by itself, but it's really annoying.

#3802 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Wierd thing.... my flippers work fine, but my top right one has a wierd clunk sound after the flipper sound. Havent opened it up yet but figured id ask if any1 else has heard of this?

Yeah my top right flipper has made the clunk sound straight out of the box, always on the release of the flipper too. I haven't had the chance to open the hood lately to suss it out but have been meaning to.

#3804 5 years ago

My maiden flipper are considerably louder and clunkier than my Metallica ones but I just wrote it of as double the flippers, double the noise. Only recently have I thought about taking a closer look.

#3805 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

My maiden flipper are considerably louder and clunkier than my Metallica ones but I just wrote it of as double the flippers, double the noise. Only recently have I thought about taking a closer look.

Yeah, its a common complaint of having loud flippers. If you figure out why they are so loud, let us know!

#3806 5 years ago

Im not talkin about loud flippers... mine were normal and then just yesterday all the sudden theres a clunk sound after i hit the flipper. Basically i can hold the flipper up and then after i release it theres a clunk sound.

#3807 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

It's normal. I've played 3 different Maidens and they all do it. We opened one up on location to see it we could find the issue and everything was perfect. Then we realized that all 3 Maidens(2 pro, 1 Premium) this location has make the same clunk when you release the upper right flipper.

#3808 5 years ago

picked up a pro couple months ago. I am curious if there is more to the code then what I am finding.

Modes, of course
Bash ball for mummy multiball
Cyber multiball
Lock balls for trooper multiball
2 minutes to midnight
The inserts to battle the beast
Loop jackpots
Complete modes and get soul shards
10 soul shards for a final mode (this is only thing I have not seen)

Seems like a lot but feel like there should be more. I love my Metallica because I can play it different every time and still enjoy it. Just not getting anything close to the same here. Am I missing something, could there be more to come?

Is there a strategy sheet or anyone see anything I am missing?

#3809 5 years ago

You also can collect like 20 tomb treasures to start "run to the hills". I have about as much a chance of seeing that as I did reaching valinor.

#3810 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

You also can collect like 20 tomb treasures to start "run to the hills". I have about as much a chance of seeing that as I did reaching valinor.

It's 10!

#3811 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

It's normal. I've played 3 different Maidens and they all do it. We opened one up on location to see it we could find the issue and everything was perfect. Then we realized that all 3 Maidens(2 pro, 1 Premium) this location has make the same clunk when you release the upper right flipper.

It may be normal for Maiden, but WHAT IS CAUSING IT? The one here didn't start doing it until it had been played for months, so it's not an "always there" thing. It's not a normal thing for flippers in general, and on the one here it comes and goes.

#3812 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

picked up a pro couple months ago. I am curious if there is more to the code then what I am finding.
Modes, of course
Cyber multiball
2 minutes to midnight
Loop jackpots
Seems like a lot but feel like there should be more. I love my Metallica because I can play it different every time and still enjoy it. Just not getting anything close to the same here. Am I missing something, could there be more to come?

Metallica doesn't have modes so it might feel like it's a different game every time. It's not, you just aren't playing modes over and over like you inevitably do on Maiden.

#3813 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Metallica doesn't have modes so it might feel like it's a different game every time. It's not, you just aren't playing modes over and over like you inevitably do on Maiden.

I just feel like I have no choices with iron maiden. Mode.. mummy...mode... trooper... mode... cyber multiball.

Just wish there were some or any other options. No chance that more will be added? What we have is all we are going to get?

I play 10 games and each one is the same as the previous. Can’t really “go” for something else. Gotta do the mummy and gotta do that mode.

#3814 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I just feel like I have no choices with iron maiden. Mode.. mummy...mode... trooper... mode... cyber multiball.
Just wish there were some or any other options. No chance that more will be added? What we have is all we are going to get?
I play 10 games and each one is the same as the previous. Can’t really “go” for something else. Gotta do the mummy and gotta do that mode.

Mode progression or chopping wood. Iron Maiden and Metallica are two sides of the same coin, but I find Maiden's progression more enjoyable.

#3815 5 years ago

Then bigdaddys halfway home already

#3816 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

If you play ten games and they are the same then you might want to try and hit the left spinner to change your mode before you lock it in. You can also attack the game in different ways to to get to the wizard mode. Each Eddie card has a different way to earn it, try going for the cards you normally can’t get first. I find this game has so many different ways to approach it. Each mode is pretty unique compared to the each other. Once you can start to kill all the modes the game opens up a land it feels pretty deep. I sometimes just play a game to see how many loop jackpots I can get.

#3817 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Modes, of course
Cyber multiball
2 minutes to midnight
Loop jackpots

Power Jackpots - What's your highest collect of a Power Jackpot?
Combos - How many times have you got the 6 way combo for a Tomb Treasure? What's your most combo's?
Lvl 2 Eddie Cards - How often are you getting Lvl 2 Eddie cards?
Modes - How often are you completing and collecting Soul Shards? What's your max score on each mode, what's your max combo's on FoI, fastest escape time on HbtN?
Revive - basically earn an extra ball
Soul Shards - There are only 5 Soul Shards, earned from completing a mode. Once you collect the Soul Shard it lights the Tomb Treasure - It's 10 of these needed to get to R2tH.

Basically, there's so much more than you have listed, and I could go on further.

So either you don't understand the game you have, or just deliberately trolling on an IMdn thread, either way - you're wrong.

#3818 5 years ago

Metallica and Iron Maiden are the only machines in my house right now. Metallica is one of my favorites of all time but Iron Maiden is amazing. As mentioned earlier. Hit the spinner to change modes.
Have you really played the modes though? Finshing them and collect soul shards? It's not like star trek where every mode is just another version of the last (still love that game)
I have modes I love (hallowed be thy name and fear of the dark are sooo satisfying, mariner steering the ship through rough waters) and modes i dislike (looking at you icarus lol) Some of the tomb treasures feel really good (super slings)
Rip some loop jackpots, go for run to the hills, collect eddie cards. Lots to do.
I love my Metallica but unless I'm aiming for blackened or combo champ etc, the main game is bash 4 items enough times to play a crank or up. Thats nothing overly special. Once you are in one its not like the game really changes much. Keep bashing (plus some small variations) repeat.
Iron Maiden feels like it has much more variation than Metallica.

The Beast: DEATHBLOW!

#3819 5 years ago

Is Icarus the mode where you just hit left ramp/right ramp...repeat? How do you finish that mode?

These ramps are a bitch for me to hit consistently.

#3820 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is Icarus the mode where you just hit left ramp/right ramp...repeat? How do you finish that mode?

You need to score 20million within the time limit, once the time limit runs out - IF you have scored 20million Soul Shard will light for collect at the Pharoh. No way of 'finishing' it quicker.

One of the things I dislike most about it is that your cumulative score isn't displayed so you need to keep track in your head to know whether you can afford to trap-up and wait the timer out, or if you have to continue making shots.

IMHO this mode is best played in single ball play, not Mummy MB as others suggest, as well as saving the playfield multipliers for this mode. The target score can then be reached in just 3 consecutive ramps.

#3821 5 years ago

This is the South American started fan club still right?
Love this album.

#3822 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Power Jackpots - What's your highest collect of a Power Jackpot?
Combos - How many times have you got the 6 way combo for a Tomb Treasure? What's your most combo's?
Lvl 2 Eddie Cards - How often are you getting Lvl 2 Eddie cards?
Modes - How often are you completing and collecting Soul Shards? What's your max score on each mode, what's your max combo's on FoI, fastest escape time on HbtN?
Revive - basically earn an extra ball
Soul Shards - There are only 5 Soul Shards, earned from completing a mode. Once you collect the Soul Shard it lights the Tomb Treasure - It's 10 of these needed to get to R2tH.
Basically, there's so much more than you have listed, and I could go on further.
So either you don't understand the game you have, or just deliberately trolling on an IMdn thread, either way - you're wrong.

This helps for sure. Seems there are some more things I have not considered. This is the first I’ve looked to the forums on Iron Maiden... I didn’t want to know too much when I first started playing but now I do feel I need more. Level 2 Eddie Cards?? Nice. I have not done a 6 way combo either. I have finished the modes in a game a few times but when playing the modes again I have not noticed a big difference - is there? I’d love to hear more if there is more. Thanks. I’m not trolling but I do play my games at home hardcore... often 10 or 20 games in a row or until I get far enough to satisfy me.

#3823 5 years ago

I wish the game would do a status report of how far you got at the end of it. Its hard to track everything going on.

#3824 5 years ago

Joining the club! This beauty arrived just a few minutes ago! Will post more pictures once a local pinsider comes over to help me set it up!

35A7634F-A75B-41EB-BE08-3E6AB9D88B38 (resized).jpeg35A7634F-A75B-41EB-BE08-3E6AB9D88B38 (resized).jpeg
#3825 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you figure it out, let me know. Same thing started happening here with the flipper on the right top, but when I lift the playfield to track it down, it goes away and stays away for any number of games. Comes and goes by itself, but it's really annoying.

If it's the same as mine, which I'm sure it is, the coil stop is too close to the cabinet. That's the sound you're hearing.
This is the ONLY thing I have not been able to fix. Pushing the playfield to the left fixes the issue, but in time it's ease it's way back.
Also shifting it to the left effs up the auto plunge...so I don't recommend doing it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3826 5 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

If it's the same as mine, which I'm sure it is, the coil stop is too close to the cabinet. That's the sound you're hearing.
This is the ONLY thing I have not been able to fix. Pushing the playfield to the left fixes the issue, but in time it's ease it's way back.
Also shifting it to the left effs up the auto plunge...so I don't recommend doing it.

So the back of the coil stop bracket is knocking on the cabinet? That's a...design fail. I guess I could put some neoprene or something on the back of the coil stop to deaden the sound if that's what's causing it. Something to investigate, at least.

#3827 5 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

Interesting. Felt piece maybe?

#3828 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So the back of the coil stop bracket is knocking on the cabinet? That's a...design fail. I guess I could put some neoprene or something on the back of the coil stop to deaden the sound if that's what's causing it. Something to investigate, at least.

I see no marks of the coil stop hitting the cabinet. I think it's just too close to the cabinet and it's picking up the echo of each and every flip. Place your one hand where the right upper flipper is on the cabinet and activate the flipper and I think you'll feel (hear) what I'm talking about.

If my theory is correct, slide your playfield to the left as far as it goes. If yours is like mine, the sound will fade.

#3829 5 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

I see no marks of the coil stop hitting the cabinet. I think it's just too close to the cabinet and it's picking up the echo of each and every flip. Place your one hand where the right upper flipper is on the cabinet and activate the flipper and I think you'll feel (hear) what I'm talking about.
If my theory is correct, slide your playfield to the left as far as it goes. If yours is like mine, the sound will fade.

I have thin neoprene that would be good for flipper sound proofing. If it's just an echo of the metal on metal hits, that should stop the sound. I'll try that.

#3830 5 years ago

Got my B/W brackets installed! Fairly straightforward install...took maybe 1.5 hours for all 4 corners plus setup/cleanup.

20190213_162411 (resized).jpg20190213_162411 (resized).jpg

#3831 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Got my B/W brackets installed! Fairly straightforward install...took maybe 1.5 hours for all 4 corners plus setup/cleanup.
[quoted image]

What kind/ size screws did you use ? ummm... There's one missing.

#3832 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

What kind/ size screws did you use ? ummm... There's one missing.

Here’s all you need to know.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reinforcing-stern-cabinet-legs-step-by-step#post-4381606

#3834 5 years ago

Yep...same screws as in that tutorial thread. Though I did use #10 washers with each screw since the screws seemed a bit too long for comfort.

And yeah...if you look closely,...two screws are missing (one on upper bracket and one on bottommost right on the larger bracket). For those screws, I would have had to remove the shaker and remove the flipper switch to get the right angle with my screwdriver. Could I have done it? Sure...but didn't want to take the time.

Like...I went ahead and did all 4 B/W brackets, and I did 3 upper L brackets. Missing the one opposite the coin door...because...I would have had to go back to the store and buy a smaller L bracket since the ones I bought were too large to fit on the other side due to the start button.

#3835 5 years ago

Just got my NIB Maiden Pro set up! I can't find the right orbit shot for the life of me...

A few issues out of the box, nothing major though;

Naturally the auto plunge didn't work perfectly out of the box, I got it down to about 90% success rate at a pitch of 205.

Also, the right outlane post rubber was blocking the ball from properly draining out the right outlane, the ball didn't have enough room to drain. Very strange, but we managed to fix the problem by unscrewing that post, and screwing it back in while applying pressure to the post in the opposite direction, the ball drains just fine now.

A few slight dings on the backbox and chipped wood here and there on the machine, but nothing that can't easily be fixed.

51782144_2115745408667585_6539112636150185984_n (resized).jpg51782144_2115745408667585_6539112636150185984_n (resized).jpg51828313_2384891298211549_4649754229127249920_n (resized).jpg51828313_2384891298211549_4649754229127249920_n (resized).jpg51904322_2107230622656489_8129182255810609152_n (resized).jpg51904322_2107230622656489_8129182255810609152_n (resized).jpg52141163_396809224201175_2093574129033674752_n (resized).jpg52141163_396809224201175_2093574129033674752_n (resized).jpg52384516_2251655528425211_3613700614300631040_n (resized).jpg52384516_2251655528425211_3613700614300631040_n (resized).jpg52594486_428108884599980_5926002842010648576_n (resized).jpg52594486_428108884599980_5926002842010648576_n (resized).jpg
#3836 5 years ago
Quoted from sbskins:

Just got my NIB Maiden Pro set up! I can't find the right orbit shot for the life of me...
Naturally the auto plunge didn't work perfectly out of the box, I got it down to about 90% success rate at a pitch of 205.
Also, the right outlane post rubber was blocking the ball from properly draining out the right outlane, the ball didn't have enough room to drain. Very strange, but we managed to fix the problem by unscrewing that post, and screwing it back in while applying pressure to the post in the opposite direction, the ball drains just fine now.
A few slight dings on the backbox and chipped wood here and there on the machine, but nothing that can't easily be fixed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on your new pin. The right orbit shot is pretty tight but as all games you’ll get it after you put in a few games. I Sometimes will play a few games and only go for that shot until I have it down.

#3837 5 years ago
Quoted from sbskins:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Question for you on the right outlane rubber. Did you install it? Stern has been shipping all games now without the rubbers installed.

#3838 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Question for you on the right outlane rubber. Did you install it? Stern has been shipping all games now without the rubbers installed.

The rubber was installed from the factory (I helped set it up)

#3839 5 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

The rubber was installed from the factory (I helped set it up)

Mine had rubber from the factory as well.

#3840 5 years ago

Mine also did the same thing the first game (dactory installed) but it was so minor that fixing it only required a light push onn the metal guide to the right and it's been fine ever since.

#3841 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Yeah the rubber was there when I unboxed it. The machine was manufactured in July of 2018 so possibly they stopped sometime after that date?

#3842 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Am I reading this correctly ? A NIB comes without the rubbers installed?

#3843 5 years ago

I unboxed mine(October-ish) to find the upper left flipper rubber was broken! Perhaps I wasn't the only one who experienced this and they made a change....seems a bit weird though.

#3844 5 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I unboxed mine(October-ish) to find the upper left flipper rubber was broken! Perhaps I wasn't the only one who experienced this and they made a change....seems a bit weird though.

Had the same thing on a machine manufactured in July, unboxed in January.

#3845 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

This is a common misconception. The only models that have shipped NIB without the post rubbers installed were The Beatles and Deadpool. They also included them in the cabinet if you wanted to install them.

#3846 5 years ago

Bahahahahaha you guys!!

#3847 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

This is a common misconception. The only models that have shipped NIB without the post rubbers installed were The Beatles and Deadpool. They also included them in the cabinet if you wanted to install them.

Corrrct! I thought it started with IMDN. What about Munsters?

#3848 5 years ago

Munsters ships with post rubbers as far as I know. There are two on location where I play and they both have post rubbers.

#3849 5 years ago

Have munsters dp and maiden. Dp is the only one shipped without the post rubbers of those 3.

#3850 5 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

Had the same thing on a machine manufactured in July, unboxed in January.

My left upper flipper rubber was broken as well! I was going to replace it with a different color anyway but thought it was weird out of the box it would already be broken... strange that multiple persons have reported this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 26.50
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball
Protection
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
There are 15,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.