(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,653 posts
  • 1,042 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 314.
#3751 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I was thinking this last night when playing and was going to post, didn’t know it was a flasher. I’ll have to pay more attention

It fades on and off too, I never noticed it until recently. I'm assuming it's related to power pops.

#3752 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I was thinking this last night when playing and was going to post, didn’t know it was a flasher. I’ll have to pay more attention

Super-dumb design decision because they could have rapidly pulsed it so it lit like a normal bulb then flashed brightly when needed. They already do this with Magneto's spotlight on X-Men, so it's not like it's an unknown technique. Would save a lot of questions and look a whole lot better.

#3754 5 years ago

Asking for $400 for that one is really stretching credibility.

#3755 5 years ago

who did the videos for these? I can't believe the videos are so piss poor.

#3756 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

who did the videos for these? I can't believe the videos are so piss poor.

Stern must *love* selling these toppers. Probably cost them $40 to make. Nice margin...

#3757 5 years ago

I read somewhere in this thread that the Premiums were suppose to be the Le's. Well I guess they were right, just saw this for the first time today.

IMG_3574 (resized).jpgIMG_3574 (resized).jpg
#3758 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I read somewhere in this thread that the Premiums were suppose to be the Le's. Well I guess they were right, just saw this for the first time today.
[quoted image]

They all say that since they draw from much of the same parts pool. Ghostbusters Prem has LE tags, too. It's common.

#3759 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They all say that since they draw from much of the same parts pool. Ghostbusters Prem has LE tags, too. It's common.

Yep, this is on my GOT premium.

got premium playfield (resized).jpggot premium playfield (resized).jpg
#3760 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Asking for $400 for that one is really stretching credibility.

I agree. I want one but theres just not enough there for me to spend 400 bucks on one. Maybe 199.00 but not 400. 199.00 would even be a stretch for me. Fell like im getting bent over at 400 though

#3761 5 years ago

The Tilttoppers one is the best, but he only makes limited runs of them. I already have a Laseriffic one so I'm sticking with that.

#3762 5 years ago

LE Tech question. Upgraded to 1.06

Mummy newton ball switch does not register in game or in switch test mode.
Also it looks like one of the mummy captive ball switches also doesnt register

Connectors look tight.

Ideas?

-Jeff

#3763 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

LE Tech question. Upgraded to 1.06
Mummy newton ball switch does not register in game or in switch test mode.
Also it looks like one of the mummy captive ball switches also doesnt register
Connectors look tight.
Ideas?
-Jeff

Did you install the Pro update by mistake? Stern doesn't check when you tell it what to install.

Boot up and see what version it says is installed during the boot process.

#3764 5 years ago

Just got my first 2 minutes to midnight

#3765 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Just got my first 2 minutes to midnight

Exciting no matter how many times you get there. Congrats.

#3766 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Exciting no matter how many times you get there. Congrats.

I hit every shot but the right orbit
I still have problems hitting that one consistently. I usually hit the upper flipper going for it.
2 minutes to midnight sure looks nice with those colored modes

#3767 5 years ago

Hey guys,
I am itching to spice up my Maiden. What are your favorite mods for the pro?
I have a shaker in it but haven't added anything else.

#3768 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I hit every shot but the right orbit
I still have problems hitting that one consistently. I usually hit the upper flipper going for it.
2 minutes to midnight sure looks nice with those colored modes

Hahaha, thanks for the mode lens tree bracket shoutout.

I love the tension of getting to 2MTM and really, REALLY wanting to hit the needed shots to finish it.

#3769 5 years ago

I just picked up a premium and so far it has been a blast but there has been one nagging issue which has ruined a few games.

The sarcophagus lock will sometimes release a locked ball into gameplay screwing up the count. This lets two balls go live on the playfield and then when one drains, it stops the players turn. I would have figured that the software would accommodate for this issue but it does not. I am wondering if there is something I need to look at or tweak to prevent this?

#3770 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

I just picked up a premium and so far it has been a blast but there has been one nagging issue which has ruined a few games.
The sarcophagus lock will sometimes release a locked ball into gameplay screwing up the count. This lets two balls go live on the playfield and then when one drains, it stops the players turn. I would have figured that the software would accommodate for this issue but it does not. I am wondering if there is something I need to look at or tweak to prevent this?

Likely a switch issue at the sarcophagus. Did you replace the factory switch in there with a roller switch?

#3771 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you install the Pro update by mistake?

You called it. Dont know how i did it but i did.

Thanks
Jeff

#3772 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

You called it. Dont know how i did it but i did.
Thanks
Jeff

For some reason there's suddenly been a LOT of pinsiders installing the wrong version on their machine, usually Pro on a Prem/LE, so it was an easy call. Seen it a number of times in just the last couple weeks. Glad you're back in business!

#3773 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For some reason there's suddenly been a LOT of pinsiders installing the wrong version on their machine, usually Pro on a Prem/LE, so it was an easy call. Seen it a number of times in just the last couple weeks. Glad you're back in business!

It is because of the new website. You use to select your model, then in the code section there was a code and readme link for that model. Now the model just expands / collapses the description and under code all models are there. So if you take the first, it is the pro.

#3774 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Likely a switch issue at the sarcophagus. Did you replace the factory switch in there with a roller switch?

No, I didn't replace it. Is this a common mod? I will double check the switch but it seems fine. I am wondering how the ball gets loose during game play?

#3775 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

install the roller switches. Its a must do on this. And I believe what was originally planned but then somehow didn't happen (look in the manual and you'll see they have roller switches rather than the kinked switch)

large (resized).JPGlarge (resized).JPG

Neil.

#3776 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

No, I didn't replace it. Is this a common mod? I will double check the switch but it seems fine. I am wondering how the ball gets loose during game play?

Dunno, I just know that those factory non-roller switches are the root of all sorts of weird problems reported here.

#3777 5 years ago

oh and while you are doing it, install the pin monk lenses

#3778 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

It is because of the new website. You use to select your model, then in the code section there was a code and readme link for that model. Now the model just expands / collapses the description and under code all models are there. So if you take the first, it is the pro.

That must be a different page than I'm looking at on Stern's site.

#3779 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

There's a brilliance in the simplicity of this recommendation.

#3780 5 years ago

receive my two new coil for the auto-plunger 23-700 and 22-600...

will start with the 23-700 and let you know if it's better or not... if not, will try 22-600.

Will also put a new metal apron on my pro

#3781 5 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Hey guys,

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

What are pinmonk lenses? Any other recommendations?

#3783 5 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

What are pinmonk lenses? Any other recommendations?

Game doesnt meed much.
Shaker motor is a must for everyone.
I've also got and recommend
-changing bulbs frosted
-Pinmonk's mode tree and loop mods.
-Pinmonk's fan mod.
-Mezels Pharoah blinder and protector.
-Pinovator's sub kit (with Polk PSW10)
-Titans (whatever you like but I went mostly dark blue with orange upper flippers)
-Stern art blades.
swapping out nuts for chrome domes looks great.

I feel like the shaker and the mode tree make the most obvious improvements.

#3784 5 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Hey guys,

Get some figures to replace the pathetic flat plastics stern fit to the pro...

IMG_20181210_214329486 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_214329486 (resized).jpgreceived_267142790598576_jpeg (resized).jpgreceived_267142790598576_jpeg (resized).jpg
#3785 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

install the roller switches. Its a must do on this. And I believe what was originally planned but then somehow didn't happen (look in the manual and you'll see they have roller switches rather than the kinked switch)
[quoted image]
Neil.

Wasn't some people having trouble with the roller switches when they used them in the sarcophagus lock? I thought i remember people having trouble with the ball rolling back over the bottom switch when it would go to dump the ball out or something like that.

That bottom switch is super super finicky and it can cause your game not to act right in a couple of different situations. I have fought with that little bastard a lot and i finally got mine working correctly by cutting small strips of duct tape putting it on the switch to help it register. You cant hardly bend the switch to try to adjust it that way because you will mess the switch up usually if you try that. Very poorly designed mech!

#3786 5 years ago

had mine in for a few weeks with no issues.

#3787 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

had mine in for a few weeks with no issues.

Thats good to know. That is what i will do next if i have anymore problems. That switch is a bitch to replace isnt it?

#3788 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Game doesnt meed much.
Shaker motor is a must for everyone.
I've also got and recommend
-changing bulbs frosted
-Pinmonk's mode tree and loop mods.
-Pinmonk's fan mod.
-Mezels Pharoah blinder and protector.
-Pinovator's sub kit (with Polk PSW10)
-Titans (whatever you like but I went mostly dark blue with orange upper flippers)
-Stern art blades.
swapping out nuts for chrome domes looks great.
I feel like the shaker and the mode tree make the most obvious improvements.

Quoted from Kevlar:

Get some figures to replace the pathetic flat plastics stern fit to the pro...[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks guys I'll check these out!

#3789 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That must be a different page than I'm looking at on Stern's site.

Ah, yes. If you go from the code page instead of the game page it is different.

#3790 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

That's funny I just read this because last night I was thinking the 1 of the 3 bumper lights was out too but then finally realized it is a flasher tied to the bumpers....

#3791 5 years ago

Having a small issue with the plunger, when i plunge it barely makes it thru the gate. Im thinking its an issue with the auto plunge bracket causing the ball to be off center, but i cant figure out a fix. The bracket seems kind of loose so bending wont work. Any ideas?

#3792 5 years ago

Most important thing is the auto plunge. If it is working at 90% or better--don't touch anything! Short plunge for the secret skill shots instead.

#3793 5 years ago

Cant even make the short plunge most of the time. It barely makes the gate

#3794 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Having a small issue with the plunger, when i plunge it barely makes it thru the gate. Im thinking its an issue with the auto plunge bracket causing the ball to be off center, but i cant figure out a fix. The bracket seems kind of loose so bending wont work. Any ideas?

Is the shooter rod smooth-feeling when you pull it slowly? If it's rough, the "vintage" coating has gotting inside the sleeve and is slowing it down. You'll need to take it apart and clean it.

#3795 5 years ago

Had one of the screws fall off the bottom of the plastic on top of the sarcophagus. Annoying to get back in. others might want to check they are tight.

IMG_20190207_213350 (resized).jpgIMG_20190207_213350 (resized).jpg
#3796 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Most important thing is the auto plunge. If it is working at 90% or better--don't touch anything! Short plunge for the secret skill shots instead.

Agree with this 100% and the skill shot into the left outlane is fun as hell anyways.

#3797 5 years ago

Shooter rod is smooth, seems like no issue there. It may just be pushing it off to the left a bit causing the ball to be bouncing around. Ill look more today

#3798 5 years ago

Now its working just fine. No ideas, but at least it works!

#3799 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

1. A captive ball that makes the power jackpot way easier to collect by mistake. I'm already trying to avoid collecting it, to build the value up. Would not want this.
2. Both balls end up at the lower RF every time. Same gameplay.
3. Both versions have the left ramp and captive ball shots in the same places. Some additional strategy is gained for Mummy multiball here, which is IMO the one significant difference in gameplay.
4. Keith Elwin disables 'can i play with madness' mode and prefers the Pro award, +15M to power jackpot. Nuff said.
I know prem owners must defend their extra spending, but in reality, the prem has a slightly different way to approach Mummy multiball, which is pretty cool, and that's about it. Everything else is very similar on both versions.
Watching the Prem/LE at INDISC on the weekend, it was very obvious that the strategy of the players was the exact same as when they play the Pro. The Pro has been used at many tournaments recently, so there is plenty of video evidence available to show that the differences do not greatly affect how this game is played.

I don't agree they both play very different. The flap changes the game considerably, if you go from LE to Pro its quite a different game.

#3800 5 years ago

Wierd thing.... my flippers work fine, but my top right one has a wierd clunk sound after the flipper sound. Havent opened it up yet but figured id ask if any1 else has heard of this?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 39.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball
Protection
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 314.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.