(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 317.
#3701 5 years ago

Here’s a link to my thread for the orb mod I am making

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-orb-mod

684FA658-2AB1-46B8-9F8E-529568D53AC4 (resized).jpeg684FA658-2AB1-46B8-9F8E-529568D53AC4 (resized).jpeg
#3702 5 years ago

I’m in!

Little question, if i want to connect a sub, where do you route de wiring... there is no hole in the cab.

86B99615-7A43-4F6D-9279-FF3BD26B5607 (resized).jpeg86B99615-7A43-4F6D-9279-FF3BD26B5607 (resized).jpeg6046193A-8FC2-4317-8167-B8F90D0CCA9F (resized).jpeg6046193A-8FC2-4317-8167-B8F90D0CCA9F (resized).jpeg
#3703 5 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

I’m in!
Little question, if i want to connect a sub, where do you route de wiring... there is no hole in the cab.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Top of the head has a hole in it for a topper.

#3704 5 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

I’m in!

There's 4 holes on the bottom near the rear covered with mesh, you could run a cable under the mesh and out as well.

#3705 5 years ago

New code and best score ever so far, finally got to 2 minutes to midnight mode also BUT duffed it not long after

DSC03967 (resized).JPGDSC03967 (resized).JPG
#3706 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

New code and best score ever so far, finally got to 2 minutes to midnight mode also BUT duffed it not long after
[quoted image]

Don't feel bad. First time I got to 2MTM I stroked out from the pressure and lost the last ball, I enjoyed it a lot more the second time.

#3707 5 years ago

Does the new code have ball lock issues?

#3708 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I have not noticed any.. Have you, in any specific circumstance ?

#3709 5 years ago

If you have a pro version of the game, and you accidentally loaded the premium/le code, that could cause ball lock issues. Why Stern even lets you load a pro with the premium/le code is dumb.

Quoted from mollyspub:

#3710 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If you have a pro version of the game, and you accidentally loaded the premium/le code, that could cause ball lock issues. Why Stern even lets you load a pro with the premium/le code is dumb.

Yeah that is true..

Really, there could just be one code drop for all versions, it should just be able to auto-detect and run with appropriate options..

#3711 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I get them from time to time when it doesn't register the hit on mummy mb and the ball kicks out.
Then when one of the two balls in plays drains the ball ends.
Then when I do start mummy mb. It kicks a ball into play. I notice from then on it will kick an extra ball into play for any other mb mode from the start.
and sometimes when I'm then down to just 2 balls(remember I get an extra one now due to glitch) the mb mode ends. Sometimes when I drain the 2nd ball I can keep going, and sometimes the ball ends. I think most of the time I can keep going, but I've had it end my ball more than a few times.

And even if this is a hardware glitch for me... This could be fixxed with smart code. It should realize how many balls are in play. And if a hit still registered it should then check the sarcof lock. Just a stupid glitch that cheeses me off quite a bit.
I can't wait to get my machine updated with the fix for the sarcoff lock.

#3712 5 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

I’m in!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I soldered 2 wires to my cabinet speaker, unbolted the speaker and ran the wire under the mesh which is probably the easiest way to do it; I believe the mesh is stapled down that covers the 4 holes in the back bottom of the cabinet.

#3713 5 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

There's 4 holes on the bottom near the rear covered with mesh, you could run a cable under the mesh and out as well.

I was able to slide the wires between the mesh and the cabinet through one of the holes just used a pliers to lightly lift the edge of the mesh away from the cab while I did it. Once the wires are through the mesh lays flat and it’s totally reversible.

Just make sure you are careful when lifting the mesh not to bend it.

#3714 5 years ago

Current Best "Street" Price for IMDN Premium?

Just wondering what prices industrious Premium shoppers have secured from distributors. Is this a $7.3K Premium like any other LCD Premium, or are members of this group finding it for less?

I realize that posting distributor prices here is bad form, so if you have a minute please PM me directly. I would be oh-so grateful.

Thanks.

#3715 5 years ago

Does anyone have a high resolution picture of the Pro and or LE translite they could send to me? I'm trying to make a custom beach towel to cover my Premium playfield when not in use but can't find a picture online with high enough resolution for like Snapfish or Collage.com for the size. I had previously just taken pictures of Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper with my camera to get a higher resolution to make beach towel covers for these as well which worked nicely.

#3716 5 years ago

played a pro at the weekend in tournament, and after falling out of love with my LE because of mech issues etc I had wished I'd got a pro. Not now. I'm so glad I've got the LE, the flow of the game is soooo much better.

#3717 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I have not noticed any.. Have you, in any specific circumstance ?

I've just reading in some posting with the start of trooper multi ball where the balls won't lock even with the correct settings in 1.6. I own a pro

#3718 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'd say the premium is the smallest upgrade that stern has done in a long time.

The premium was my first pin. In hindsight I might have gone with the pro and used the saved money towards an older game, but I'm a big Maiden fan and I REALLY prefer the cabinet art on the premium.

Seems I was luckier than most since my autoplunge works 100%, but I've had to loosen the sarchophagus post to get hits to register, the manual plunger seems a bit off, and the flippers sometimes feel a bit weak.

#3719 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I've just reading in some posting with the start of trooper multi ball where the balls won't lock even with the correct settings in 1.6. I own a pro

I'll see if I have any problems, later (not a pro), have played a handful since the latest patch, but do not specifically recall any lock issues with trooper.. Well not any additional ones, there have been a couple of times where it has recorded ball 1 / 2 / or 3 locked and not actually locked it in the past, just figured it was random miss of one of the switches.. But have never seen an issue when it loads up the extra 2 balls before starting multi-ball..

#3720 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

This does not happen on mine (Premium). IS that something specific to the Pro?

#3721 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This does not happen on mine (Premium). IS that something specific to the Pro?

No. And I’m a little confused as to what the issues others are having. New code does cause ball locks to act differently for Aces High and ROTAM modes.

As for trooper multiball, it should work like this: ball locks are virtual, nothing physically locks the ball and keeps it captive until multiball start. So it should act like this, light locks > shoot lock, ball temporarily locks and you get a call out and animation “Ball 1 Locked”, then it releases the same ball into play > hit lock shot again, “Ball 2 locked”, then releases ball back into play. Once you hit the 3rd lock, the game should hold the ball and spit out 2 balls and autoplunge load them one after the other around the loop til all 3 are captive. IF at anytime during the loading sequence, any switch registers the locks will release and just start multiball. If your autoplunge works 100% you’ll get a full effect trooper multiball lock and release sequence.

So to those having lock issues; is it trooper lock issues on a pro or prem? Or is it that the lock posts no longer hold for aces high and ROTAM? Or something else?

#3722 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No. And I’m a little confused as to what the issues others are having. New code does cause ball locks to act differently for Aces High and ROTAM modes.
As for trooper multiball, it should work like this: ball locks are virtual, nothing physically locks the ball and keeps it captive until multiball start. So it should act like this, light locks > shoot lock, ball temporarily locks and you get a call out and animation “Ball 1 Locked”, then it releases the same ball into play > hit lock shot again, “Ball 2 locked”, then releases ball back into play. Once you hit the 3rd lock, the game should hold the ball and spit out 2 balls and autoplunge load them one after the other around the loop til all 3 are captive. IF at anytime during the loading sequence, any switch registers the locks will release and just start multiball. If your autoplunge works 100% you’ll get a full effect trooper multiball lock and release sequence.
So to those having lock issues; is it trooper lock issues on a pro or prem? Or is it that the lock posts no longer hold for aces high and ROTAM? Or something else?

So how does the aces high and rotam behave now with the new code?

#3723 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

So how does the aces high and rotam behave now with the new code?

Much better! The flow is so nice now.

#3724 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Much better! The flow is so nice now.

Can you elaborate?

#3725 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Can you elaborate?

A small change but it makes for a much better playing experience, once the MB modes are started, there is no ball stoppage anymore. Action is fast and furious when the second ball gets auto plunged and comes flying around the loop perfectly to the upper flipper to perform 5 loops and start loop jackpot. It’s so flowy!

#3726 5 years ago

Ok so I have a shop set up with my orb mod

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1172-hdmike-mods/02221-iron-maiden-orb-mod

8B370924-56B7-46CB-804F-BD76F36C69BE (resized).jpeg8B370924-56B7-46CB-804F-BD76F36C69BE (resized).jpeg
#3727 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

A small change but it makes for a much better playing experience, once the MB modes are started, there is no ball stoppage anymore. Action is fast and furious when the second ball gets auto plunged and comes flying around the loop perfectly to the upper flipper to perform 5 loops and start loop jackpot. It’s so flowy!

the balls aren't trapped by that post behind the small loop anymore

#3728 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

the balls aren't trapped by that post behind the small loop anymore

Umm, that's what I said?

A small change but it makes for a much better playing experience, once the MB modes are started, there is no ball stoppage anymore.

#3729 5 years ago

Cool vs warm white! No brainer for me! A lot better with warm

7DE38D58-B6DD-44B9-A1BA-4DE6F03245CD (resized).jpeg7DE38D58-B6DD-44B9-A1BA-4DE6F03245CD (resized).jpeg

#3730 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Sure... Cos I do that all the time... LOL!!! Hats off to you mate... I think the most I've ever done was 2 loops in a row... Maybe 3 and then an immediate drain.
Don't think my machine would read that many loops that quickly to be honest.
Wow... I thought I was getting good on the machine, but I apparently suck.

#3731 5 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

Cool vs warm white! No brainer for me! A lot better with warm
[quoted image]

Looks good! I went with sunlight bulbs from comet....I thought the warm white from comet was a bit too warm.

#3732 5 years ago

This just showed up after 4 weeks of waiting

9F0A30EE-1208-4EFC-80CD-894C81443FE4 (resized).jpeg9F0A30EE-1208-4EFC-80CD-894C81443FE4 (resized).jpeg
#3733 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

This just showed up after 4 weeks of waiting [quoted image]

What are your initial thoughts? Really chintzy plastic, or decently made, is it smaller/larger than you thought it was going to be...etc?

#3734 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

What are your initial thoughts? Really chintzy plastic, or decently made, is it smaller/larger than you thought it was going to be...etc?

Quite the opposite...the thing is built like a brick shithouse! It’s heavy compared to the other toppers I’ve installed. Can’t wait to install and test it on the LE this evening. Will post a few pics

#3735 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Topper is as cool as it looks.
During gameplay the cockpit slowly fades off and on. When ever there is gun sound, the gun turrets fire.
During attract mode it pulses back and forth.
It probably does more during certain modes, but I dont have time to make a proper video today. Sorry guys.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Post #3461 I posted pics and gifs

#3736 5 years ago

It’s built pretty good.

496B7050-09AA-425E-8A91-BDC2D7651E1B (resized).jpeg496B7050-09AA-425E-8A91-BDC2D7651E1B (resized).jpeg657A322C-344D-4CA3-9A55-4A4BC67BDDDF (resized).jpeg657A322C-344D-4CA3-9A55-4A4BC67BDDDF (resized).jpeg9B8567E7-25BF-4DD9-A706-8A621DA20564 (resized).jpeg9B8567E7-25BF-4DD9-A706-8A621DA20564 (resized).jpegC28E9E28-40E9-457E-A483-DD2C1A208C22 (resized).jpegC28E9E28-40E9-457E-A483-DD2C1A208C22 (resized).jpeg
#3737 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Umm, that's what I said?

Yes. And I was reiterating. Where’s the problem?

#3738 5 years ago

Since i change the Gi from cool to warm white, i would like to have a solution for the pop bumper light? Any Idea?

#3739 5 years ago

I added the yellow protectors on my pops. It really warms them up. I also used the clear blue on the slings and swapped the red bulbs for purple on the slings. Looks good

#3740 5 years ago

Pinball Browser, anyone?

Just wondering if any of you IMDN owners have had success substituting either songs or videos using Pinball Brower.

I have experience with Pinball Browser on a SAM game, but I've never owned a SPIKE and don't know how much more challenging it might be to customize it with Pinball Browser. Reading the portion of the Pinball Browser thread that pertains to SPIKE is introducing me to terms/tasks that weren't involved when working with the SAM game.

Thanks.

#3741 5 years ago

I'd like to see a video of that topper in action!

#3742 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'd like to see a video of that topper in action!

Me too. There is a crappy video on youtube but it doesn't really show it off well.

#3744 5 years ago

Couple of minor issues on my Premium in case anyone can help:

- the left hand side pop number LED is out, can these be replaced?

- does anyone know what the right hand torch light is for next the Anubis plastic? (left hand red LED seems to be lock available)

Cheers!

#3745 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

It's likely that it is not out, but that you just didn't realize that it is a flasher.

#3746 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

It's likely that it is not out, but that you just didn't realize that it is a flasher.

Nice one, you're dead right

#3747 5 years ago

So finally... Flipper fidelity backbox kit is 4 or 8 ohm?

#3748 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Couple of minor issues on my Premium in case anyone can help:
- does anyone know what the right hand torch light is for next the Anubis plastic? (left hand red LED seems to be lock available)
Cheers!

Yellow torch is when you have power ramps, red torch light is when there is a tomb treasure available.

#3749 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Yellow torch is when you have power ramps, red torch light is when there is a tomb treasure available.

Spot on, thanks.

#3750 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

I was thinking this last night when playing and was going to post, didn’t know it was a flasher. I’ll have to pay more attention

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/75?hl=dts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.