(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,641 posts
  • 1,039 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by Sorokyl
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8120 (resized).png
IMG_8121 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240325_110734_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_110223_Gmail (resized).jpg
20240322_134838 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 313.
#3601 5 years ago

I wanted to upgrade my speakers. I took a look at the cabinet speaker, saw it was 4 ohm so I ordered a Boss 8" 4ohm replacement speaker. I also ordered 4ohm backbox speakers; Kickers that were recommended to me by a fellow pinsider. When I went to install the backbox speakers I saw they are 8 ohm but I did notice before that in the settings you can adjust the speaker settings for 4 or 8 ohms. I set both to 4 ohm.

I hardly get any sound out of the cabinet speaker. When I was messing with the bass/treble settings for the cabinet speaker I switched it over to 8 ohm and it came to life! I want to say the factory setting for the cabinet speaker was 8ohm even though it's a 4ohm speaker, does that sound right? Can I switch the cabinet speaker setting to 8ohm even though I'm running a 4ohm speaker or will that mess up the amp or something else?

#3602 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Seems like Pro is the way to go unless I want to tinker more than play?

tweaked the newton ball assemblies once for about 10 minutes. not the slightest problem ever since, every hit registers from all directions, sarcophagus works perfectly, underworld kickout the same.

only thing i have not gotten to work perfectly is the autoplunger but that's the same on all models.

#3603 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Big thread
Do you Premium owners wish you bought a Pro instead?
I keep reading in other threads the Premium/LE mechs are guaranteed problematic.

If you can work on these games fairly good then i would get the premium. If you cant, then i would get the pro. Both models are very similar in terms of gameplay but i LOVE that left ramp shot to lock the balls in the sarcophagus lock. Shooting under the center ramp to start modes is sweet also. Probably all you would have to do is mess with the newton balls. They are complete garbage but once you get them dialed in the seem to work pretty good. You may have to tinker with the auto plunge but thats both games there. This game isnt plug and play usually, it requires some tinkering but man it is a awesome game.

If you are capable and dont mind some tinkering then get the premium. If you dont enjoy tinkering with games then definitely get the pro. Its really that simple. I would never recommend this premium to a noob or someone who doesn’t have good mechanical abilities.

#3604 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

No. I like the egyptian theme of the premium as well as the sarcophagus lock and lifting ramp for mode starts.

Quoted from PW79:

I keep reading in other threads the Premium/LE mechs are guaranteed problematic.

The newton balls and corresponding switches need to be adjusted properly. Once they are, the mechanisms work well. But, working on these may not be for everyone.

Rob

#3605 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Big thread

HELL no. The additional Newton ball is cool (have not had a problem after adjusting mine 1 time) and the sarcophagus lock and jump ramp are key to the game. I have lifted the PF on mine 2 times, once was to install Vic’s mode color mod.

People are also forgetting there is another whole mode “can I play with madness “ which is not in the pro.

#3606 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

HELL no. The additional Newton ball is cool (have not had a problem after adjusting mine 1 time) and the sarcophagus lock and jump ramp are key to the game. I have lifted the PF on mine 2 times, once was to install Vic’s mode color mod.
People are also forgetting there is another whole mode “can I play with madness “ which is not in the pro.

The Premium is definitely more fun. I didnt think the Premium was worth it at first but after putting more time on both machines i really do love how the premium plays compared to the pro. The pro is still very awesome though so im definitely not knocking it by any means. Shooting that left ramp though to lock the ball into the sarcophagus is awesome!

#3607 5 years ago

I would say if you're buying new and don't mind ponying up the extra 1800, get the premium. Too me its worth it for the reasons already mentioned. I couldn't imaging not having the left ramp tomb shot, which is my favorite shot in the game. Plus I can rack up shots to the sarcophagus via the left mini flipper by hitting the captive ball. Since I typically have to start mummy multiball about 2-3 times to earn that card, its important for me. I haven't had any issues to speak of. I made one adjustment to my orb captive ball switch when I first got my game seven months ago. Both have worked perfect since. I've had problems with the auto plunge hitting the bottom post about 50% of the time, but I just have learned to live with it as any adjustments I make to improve it never really stick long term.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

can I play with madness

I love that mode. It know that the lifting ramp is required for it, but its too bad they couldn't adjust the rules a bit to fit that on the pro. It makes collecting the tomb treasures much more meaningful for guys like me that will "never see run to the hills".

#3608 5 years ago

I think a lot of people really summed it up the pro is a great game but the extra featuring the premium are well worth it in my opinion. I’ve only had to adjust my newton ball once and the auto plunge twice. I have spent way more time adding mods because I’m obsessed.
You won’t regret premium if the extra dough isn’t a problem.

#3609 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Big thread

I've had 0 issues with my le and I like the extra stuff MUCH more than the pro

Just my $0.016

*I'm Canadian, my 2 pennies are worth less than USD pennies

#3610 5 years ago

Premium is probably the better playing game but the extra $$$ required I couldn't justify for in my head. I am super happy with the pro.

#3611 5 years ago

I don’t care about the price difference.

For me it’s more about leisure time & entertainment.

If extra money buys me extra entertainment I will buy it but if it comes at the cost of reduced leisure time I’m not so sure. Life is short & I have no desire for a new item in the house to cuss at.

I really like the Egyptian theme of the Premium. Dislike the music of Maiden like a mofo but I also dislike TWD as a show but LOVE the game so I can look past some things.

Not sure if it’s just because I’m considering the game & falsely “noticing it” more because of it but man sure seems like a lot of Maidens go up for sale compared to other recent offerings. Can’t tell if it’s Premium/LE more so than Pro or not.

I’m gonna PM some previous owners maybe & see what he deal was.

#3612 5 years ago

I went back and forth between the pro and premium for a while; even started a thread on pro vs premium. Ultimately I ended up with the premium and am glad I did. I liked the "extras" on the premium but thought I could like a pro. I played my buddy's pro and while it has a lot going for a pro I didn't like how the center ramp didn't move like it does on the premium to give a little change-up to that shot since it's used a lot in the game. I also liked the prem art better.

I've put at least 200 games on my prem and haven't had any problems so far, not saying I won't because I know people have, but so far so good. Well I guess I do have the problem where the ball launch hits the upper left flipper, but both pro and premium are subject to this.

When did you start looking for a used game for sale? I started looking probably 3 months ago and there weren't many at all, pro or prem, for sale at the time. If you just started looking and see a lot for sale it's probably due to The Munsters and IMDN has been out for a little while now and some NIB folks have had their fun with their game and looking at getting something else.

#3613 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I don’t care about the price difference.
For me it’s more about leisure time & entertainment.
If extra money buys me extra entertainment I will buy it but if it comes at the cost of reduced leisure time I’m not so sure. Life is short & I have no desire for a new item in the house to cuss at.
I really like the Egyptian theme of the Premium. Dislike the music of Maiden like a mofo but I also dislike TWD as a show but LOVE the game so I can look past some things.
Not sure if it’s just because I’m considering the game & falsely “noticing it” more because of it but man sure seems like a lot of Maidens go up for sale compared to other recent offerings. Can’t tell if it’s Premium/LE more so than Pro or not.
I’m gonna PM some previous owners maybe & see what he deal was.

Theres really no way to say if you will have trouble with the newton balls or not but id lay a thousand on it right now that you will at some point and it will be sooner rather than later.

With that being said though you can put some loctite on then and maybe adjust them a little and you probably wont have to worry about it after that much. If you arent good at working on things and you have a short fuse then i suggest that you stay the hell away from the Premium lol. Maybe get a pro ir buy a Munsters?

#3614 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

because of it but man sure seems like a lot of Maidens go up for sale compared to other recent offerings.

When I look in the market right now, I see one wanted add for IMDN premium and one NIB LE for sale that is "sale pending". I didn't look at pros. I think it will fluctuate, but the real tell is when you see a bunch up for sale that don't move.

#3615 5 years ago

Keep in mind that it’s like any product: those who have issues are going to be much more active and loud about it. My imdnle has given me very little trouble, so little that I was/am shocked. Many others have reported the same good fortune. If you get a bad one, you’ll be tinkering. You should be able to sniff out a good one on the used market.

#3616 5 years ago

Cant help you on reliability oppinion, but if money is not an issue get the prem. The extra bits are not game changers but they are cool.

Up here the pro/prem price difference is about $2500 - so the differences werent enough to justifiy it, and I like the pro art the best.

The pro plays very smooth with no issues and is a hell of alot of fun.

#3617 5 years ago

Well, I have a pro, had it sold to buy a premium. After playing prem again I decided to keep pro. Not saying this cuz I have pro, I could have either and pro is faster with no issues so far

#3618 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Keep in mind that it’s like any product: those who have issues are going to be much more active and loud about it. My imdnle has given me very little trouble, so little that I was/am shocked. Many others have reported the same good fortune. If you get a bad one, you’ll be tinkering. You should be able to sniff out a good one on the used market.

This.

#3619 5 years ago

This may be a dumb question but I just updated my premium. Now I believe it’s playing like a pro. It’s starting modes by hitting the pharaoh target, and the ramp hasn’t gone up since the update. The physical tomorrow lock isn’t working either.Is there a setting I missing?

#3620 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

This may be a dumb question but I just updated my premium. Now I believe it’s playing like a pro. It’s starting modes by hitting the pharaoh target, and the ramp hasn’t gone up since the update. The physical tomorrow lock isn’t working either.Is there a setting I missing?

Make sure you downloaded the premium/LE software and not the Pro version. Its should say LE in the filename.

#3621 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Make sure you downloaded the premium/LE software and not the Pro version. Its should say LE in the filename.

Thanks, That would be it!

#3622 5 years ago

Everyone I know says the Premium is much better. I've had zero issues with mine other than the auto launch problem only hitting the loop 60% of the time. (hits the upper flipper) That's a problem with the Pro also though. I've spent so much time on that damned auto launcher I've given it up.

Also, Pinstadiums doubled everyone's enjoyment of the pin in my home.

#3623 5 years ago

Some of the early Premium owners got screwed. Stern made some changes after the initial production run to cut down on some of the issues. Also, there is now a wealth of information regarding just about any issue this game will have. I've noticed a lot of pro people talking about how bad premiums are, lots of regurgitation of the same inaccurate information.

Problems early, they got better, the majority of people have little to no issue with the game. And, if you get unlucky and your game is problematic (which can happen with any title and any manufacturer), there is a lot of information out there to help you out.

Quoted from PW79:

#3624 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Some of the early Premium owners got screwed. Stern made some changes after the initial production run to cut down on some of the issues.

My premium is somewhat of an early build; I think it was made the end of June, but would need to check that to be sure. What changes did Stern make? I would like to check mine to see if it has the revised stuff.

#3625 5 years ago

Finally got the yellow acrylic back in stock, sorry for all the delays on the latest round of orders!

https://truecolorprotectors.com/products/iron-maiden-truecolor-plastic-protectors

Also, cool little note. All orders have been going out with a 3rd FREE slingshot spare in case one of yours ever breaks!

c2922fe623873986e76575a3e6640b343548c0bf (resized).jpgc2922fe623873986e76575a3e6640b343548c0bf (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3626 5 years ago

what changes the currently highlighted mode? Typically starts at the bottom, Icarus, and works up but sometime I change the mode selected and not sure how that happened.

#3627 5 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

what changes the currently highlighted mode? Typically starts at the bottom, Icarus, and works up but sometime I change the mode selected and not sure how that happened.

Bottom left revive spinner.

#3628 5 years ago

Check to see if you have the very slim leg plates or the full size Stern leg plates.

Quoted from pindude80:

My premium is somewhat of an early build; I think it was made the end of June, but would need to check that to be sure. What changes did Stern make? I would like to check mine to see if it has the revised stuff.

#3629 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Check to see if you have the very slim leg plates or the full size Stern leg plates.

Unfortunately mine has the narrow leg plates which was very disappointing becasuse all thought all games starting with SW got the new and improved leg plates. Was anything else changed and upgraded?

#3630 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Finally got the yellow acrylic back in stock, sorry for all the delays on the latest round of orders!

Do you have any plans to do pop bumper protectors as well? I ordered the ones from Mezel mods but the color doesn't match yours (and I like yours better).

#3631 5 years ago

Finally got around to tightening my Mummy captive ball. Took me all of 2 minutes but I LOST THE LEFT NUT AND CANT FIND IT DOH.
Played 3 games and still not seeing it. Think it's in the sarcophagus somewhere oof. But IT WORKS!

#3632 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

https://truecolorprotectors.com/products/iron-maiden-truecolor-plastic-protectors
Also, cool little note. All orders have been going out with a 3rd FREE slingshot spare in case one of yours ever breaks![quoted image]

This is the best looking set avail.

#3633 5 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

Do you have any plans to do pop bumper protectors as well? I ordered the ones from Mezel mods but the color doesn't match yours (and I like yours better).

Same...I’d be interested too

#3634 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Also, cool little note. All orders have been going out with a 3rd FREE slingshot spare in case one of yours ever breaks![quoted image]

I have these any they’re a ‘must-buy.’ Any owner should pick them up.

#3635 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Unfortunately mine has the narrow leg plates which was very disappointing becasuse all thought all games starting with SW got the new and improved leg plates. Was anything else changed and upgraded?

My premium has the small plates too. They must be just using up inventory of the small plates which are probably still ok for Iron Maiden. They couldn't be used for SW and BM66 (newer) because of the heavier playfields.

Rob

#3636 5 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

Oh yes I do. Totally forgot about this. I made the scans like 2 weeks ago and totally spaced. I'll get these out asap. Going to a buddies to scan about 50 games tomorrow so maybe Wednesday I'll make these up!

#3637 5 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

With the default settings it should be random selection at the start of each game and randomly change after each mode is activated. As mentioned, the lower left revive spinner will change the current mode unless EDDIE is spelled and the mode is ready to start.

#3638 5 years ago
Quoted from malklavious:

With the default settings it should be random selection at the start of each game and randomly change after each mode is activated. As mentioned, the lower left revive spinner will change the current mode unless EDDIE is spelled and the mode is ready to start.

Hrmm mine seems to always start at icarus and I don't think I changed any setting for it. I will look around. Maybe competition mode??? The lower left revive def spins the selection around

I had my best game so far last night. 681M pretty much default settings but competition mode on and EB off.

Seems foolish to start a multiball with out one of the single ball modes going. If you don't you can get buried behind in score pretty fast that is hard to come back from with bad multiballs. Trooper M-Ball round 2 wish was easier to start.

#3639 5 years ago

The games were changed so that the posts that contact the spoon under the newton balls were rounded off.

Quoted from pindude80:

Was anything else changed and upgraded?

#3640 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The games were changed so that the posts that contact the spoon under the newton balls were rounded off.

I did see that the end of my shafts that ride in the spoons are rounded.

#3641 5 years ago

Actually, the new style shafts/actuating arms are tapered to leave a smaller contact area with the spoon. The old ones were just rounded off at the bottom. There are photos in this thread somewhere.

#3642 5 years ago

I really liked the tilt animation before 1.06 with the devil saying "no..no..no..no..no". Too bad we don't have the option to choose the one we prefer.

#3643 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Does it work?

#3644 5 years ago

Yeah, it helps quite a bit.

#3645 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I really liked the tilt animation before 1.06 with the devil saying "no..no..no..no..no". Too bad we don't have the option to choose the one we prefer.

As someone that plays this at a location where it's tough to hear the audio, what happens on the new code during Tilt? I just heard the "no...no...no...etc." on a stream for the first time the other night and thought it was hilarious.

#3646 5 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

As someone that plays this at a location where it's tough to hear the audio, what happens on the new code during Tilt? I just heard the "no...no...no...etc." on a stream for the first time the other night and thought it was hilarious.

It shows the nuclear launch console on warnings and mushroom cloud on tilt, just like in the two minutes to midnight mode. I'm not sure why they felt it necessary to change it, other than to deal with loud on location settings, where you couldn't hear what the devil is saying anyway.

#3647 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

It shows the nuclear launch console on warnings and mushroom cloud on tilt, just like in the two minutes to midnight mode. I'm not sure why they felt it necessary to change it, other than to deal with loud on location settings, where you couldn't hear what the devil is saying anyway.

I suspect the tilt warning screen is easier to notice now in a loud environment with its bright white background.

#3648 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I don't think they wanted to animate the devil's mouth.

#3649 5 years ago
0114191739a (resized).jpg0114191739a (resized).jpg0115191812_resized (resized).jpg0115191812_resized (resized).jpg0115191813_resized (resized).jpg0115191813_resized (resized).jpg0115192044a_resized (resized).jpg0115192044a_resized (resized).jpg0115192048_resized (resized).jpg0115192048_resized (resized).jpg
#3650 5 years ago

It does. At least it did for me, I have a late build and haven’t had an issue.

Quoted from PW79:

Does it work?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 39.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
$ 300.00
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
There are 15,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/73?hl=mikeking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.