(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 498 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 317.
#3501 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I know this has been gone over many times cause well, I've read every post in this thread. But can someone refresh me on the captive ball bullshit? Straight on 6 pm shots not registering but oddly, 9 and 3 o clock are.
Not sensitive enough means leaf switches too far apart? How are you guys adjusting these, closer or further?

Before you adjust the switch i would first make sure that the hex shaped stem under the playfield has not came loose. If it has you need to tighten it back up instead of adjusting the switch. The problem is the bastards keep coming loose. Thats why i put a drop of blue loctite on mine and tightened it and let it sit for 24 hours.

The newton balls are absolutely f'ing junk! Your next problem will be it just isnt working smoothly and its not a matter of if it occurs, its when it does because its going to happen i promise you. Absolute f'ing garbage period!

Wait until your sarcophagus lock starts giving you problems. You are really gonna love that hunk of junk. You will probably end up taking a sledge hammer to your game!

#3502 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Before you adjust the switch i would first make sure that the hex shaped stem under the playfield has not came loose. If it has you need to tighten it back up instead of adjusting the switch. The problem is the bastards keep coming loose. Thats why i put a drop of blue loctite on mine and tightened it and let it sit for 24 hours.
The newton balls are absolutely f'ing junk! Your next problem will be it just isnt working smoothly and its not a matter of if it occurs, its when it does because its going to happen i promise you. Absolute f'ing garbage period!
Wait until your sarcophagus lock starts giving you problems. You are really gonna love that hunk of junk. You will probably end up taking a sledge hammer to your game!

Makes me glad I got a pro

#3503 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Makes me glad I got a pro

The pro is definitely more reliable, no question about it. I think the Premium is a little more fun but it can be a mechanical nightmare.

#3504 5 years ago
5c096b121b135504cb9748ff8f05ec1ddc830f82.jpeg (resized).jpg5c096b121b135504cb9748ff8f05ec1ddc830f82.jpeg (resized).jpg
#3506 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It is loose. Checkin in to it now. I'm not too mad yet, as this is only the 2nd time I've had to adjust. First time right out of box.
So there should be no play on that hex screw whatsoever? Needs to be as tight as possible?
Thanks for the info.

#3507 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It is loose. Checkin in to it now. I'm not too mad yet, as this is only the 2nd time I've had to adjust. First time right out of box.
So there should be no play on that hex screw whatsoever? Needs to be as tight as possible?
Thanks for the info.

Yes sir as tight as possible. No way that i know if to really tighten it unless you put a pair of vice grips on the newton ball and tighten it with a wrench underneath but Im still not sure how long it will last. If you try the channel locks be EXTREMELY careful and lay a rag under them so you dont scratch your playfield and hold them the whole time you're lifting your playfield. Best if you have 2 people truthfully.

If i wont stay tight doing it that way out a drop of blue loctite on the threads snd let it set at least 24 hours. Good luck, let us know if it works. Maybe someone else can chime in if theres a better way hopefully.

#3508 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes sir as tight as possible. No way that i know if to really tighten it unless you put a pair of vice grips on the newton ball and tighten it with a wrench underneath but Im still not sure how long it will last. If you try the channel locks be EXTREMELY careful and lay a rag under them so you dont scratch your playfield and hold them the whole time you're lifting your playfield. Best if you have 2 people truthfully.
If i wont stay tight doing it that way out a drop of blue loctite on the threads snd let it set at least 24 hours. Good luck, let us know if it works. Maybe someone else can chime in if theres a better way hopefully.

I consider the blue loctite a requirement...no sense futzing around. Without it, mine kept coming loose (even when it felt tight).

#3509 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I consider the blue loctite a requirement...no sense futzing around. Without it, mine kept coming loose (even when it felt tight).

Yeah i think you are right. Mine has not came loose since i put loctite on them and the one that i just had to take apart wasnt hard to get apart either like some here have said they were. Vice grips on the Newton ball and a wrench on the hex pin and it broke loose no problem at all. Im going to loctite the one i took apart tonight again because it keeps coming loose.

#3510 5 years ago

Couple toppers left sound activated Pm me if interested up the irons

#3511 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I know this has been gone over many times cause well, I've read every post in this thread. But can someone refresh me on the captive ball bullshit? Straight on 6 pm shots not registering but oddly, 9 and 3 o clock are.
Not sensitive enough means leaf switches too far apart? How are you guys adjusting these, closer or further?

In your case, I would suspect the switch spoon isn't centered correctly on the actuator post. If you can push up on the spoon and the post moves even a tiny bit, it's not centered. For the mystery switch on my game, I enlarged the switch mounting holes so I could adjust the spoon position to be perfectly centered on the post.

Rob

#3512 5 years ago

When you loctite, can you just tighten the post by holding the ball and snugging up the post by hand?

#3513 5 years ago

After selling Alien, I knew it wouldn't be long before I broke down and got something new. I am now a proud member of the Iron Maiden owners club (got a pro).

...now, do I really need to go back and read all 70 pages in this thread??

#3514 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

After selling Alien, I knew it wouldn't be long before I broke down and got something new. I am now a proud member of the Iron Maiden owners club (got a pro).
...now, do I really need to go back and read all 70 pages in this thread??

Yes. At least twice, and make sure you take notes.

Then, write a 24 page thesis.

Up the irons!

#3515 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

When you loctite, can you just tighten the post by holding the ball and snugging up the post by hand?

Thats what i did and it worked. Just get it as tight as you can and let it set for 24 hours before playing it. Also make sure that no loctite leaks out onto anything plastic (like your spoon switch) because it eats plastic. You only need a drop.

P.S. also shake the loctite up good before use.

#3516 5 years ago

Yikes - you guys are tough! I'm only on page 8 - reading about Eskaybee's excitement. Looks like I won't get much work done today.

#3517 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Yikes - you guys are tough! I'm only on page 8 - reading about Eskaybee's excitement. Looks like I won't get much work done today.

You just bought one of the best damn pinball machines thats ever been made. You have every reason to be excited!

#3518 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You just bought one of the best damn pinball machines thats ever been made. You have every reason to be excited!

Once the Premium/LE mechs are dialed in, it's hard to imagine the game without them.

I just got the rare "dirty pool" callout (activated when the ball enters the sarcophagus in an adhoc fashion).

#3519 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Once the Premium/LE mechs are dialed in, it's hard to imagine the game without them.

I went back and forth playing a Prem and Pro - trying to decide if the extra features were worth $2,000. I do love the lifting ramp, but the sarcophagus lock - while pretty cool - seemed to slow down the game a bit. In the end, I decided to save that $2,000 (and spend it on another pin someday, of course).

#3520 5 years ago

Had a question with Who-Dey and we didn’t know. What is the rumored amount of LE’s that went to the band? 100?? Thanks

#3521 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I went back and forth playing a Prem and Pro - trying to decide if the extra features were worth $2,000. I do love the lifting ramp, but the sarcophagus lock - while pretty cool - seemed to slow down the game a bit. In the end, I decided to save that $2,000 (and spend it on another pin someday, of course).

Understood, but isn't the difference closer to $1,500? I really like the Premium art package, so that was also an issue for me. Considering the mechanical issues, I definitely think going Pro for this title isn't a bad idea (especially if you don't like futzing with the mechs).

With all the flow/speed and multi-balls, having an occasional "slow down" is welcome. It really is a very, very high energy game with fairly long ball times.

#3522 5 years ago

I'm completely happy with my Pro. I've played an LE and a premium and just didn't feel it added much. I go back and forth on pros vs premiums, but I think the differences are getting smaller between versions. I have a DP pro and love it, but also have a TWD and ACDC VE premium. Both of those games in the pro version felt stripped down to me, but for DP and IMDN, the differences feel much less.

#3523 5 years ago

I have 2 Eddie figures for sale, Piece of Mind and Killers. Thought I was going to be buying this game but have changed my mind. Both are mint, NIB, $65 total including shipping in the US only. 8584191D-C67B-4650-88D4-46367366183B (resized).jpeg8584191D-C67B-4650-88D4-46367366183B (resized).jpegED7D174F-0E4A-40FE-B8DC-BB83D29A213B (resized).jpegED7D174F-0E4A-40FE-B8DC-BB83D29A213B (resized).jpeg

#3524 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Understood, but isn't the difference closer to $1,500?

My distributor (Joystix in Houston) has the pro listed at 5,799 MSRP and the Prem at 7,595 - so it's around $1,800. Add tax to that, and you're close to $2,000. ...even with that, it wasn't an easy decision - was tempted to get a Prem.

#3525 5 years ago

Played both models before i got one. The only thing I kinda miss on my pro is the underworld scoop under the ramp. Just couldn't justify the extra money for that one feature though. Either way you go, this game is awesome.

#3526 5 years ago

For people who need features that are flashy and eye catching, this is the worst premium ever done. In terms of game play though, the premium features completely change how the game feels. You don't get that big killer feature, just a much nicer playing, looking and feeling game.

It just depends on what's important to you.

#3527 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You don't get that big killer feature, just a much nicer playing, looking and feeling game.

I've played plenty of Pro/Prem/LE Maidens and they all feel very similar in terms of shots and build quality so I'm not sure what you mean. If anything most of the Pros play "nicer" because they don't have captive ball issues.

#3528 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats what i did and it worked. Just get it as tight as you can and let it set for 24 hours before playing it. Also make sure that no loctite leaks out onto anything plastic (like your spoon switch) because it eats plastic. You only need a drop.

Don't forget to shake the loc-tite container before you use it too.

#3529 5 years ago

Once you get the newton ball dialed in (and it is a continuing process), it is cool to be able to score on a hit from multiple directions. Can I Play with Madness is my favorite mode (and not easy to get to), and I'd also miss the hidden shot into the 'cophagus. It's nice to be able to hit some jackpots via the scoop instead of always having to hit the ramp target, too.

#3530 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

I've played plenty of Pro/Prem/LE Maidens and they all feel very similar in terms of shots and build quality so I'm not sure what you mean. If anything most of the Pros play "nicer" because they don't have captive ball issues.

I've played both a lot too, and I find them to be very different. Pros are fun to play, but the mechs on the LE/Prem change the game significantly and in a good way. It is Keith's true design for the game. In my opinion, the LE/Prem should have been the pro and the LE/Prem should have had more... Also, I've been lucky to have no issues with the newtons and very little issue with my loops.

#3531 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Don't forget to shake the loc-tite container before you use it too.

Very true.i didnt when i did mine but they still held thankfully. It should be shakin up good though. Thanks for adding that in there.

#3532 5 years ago

New code will be dropping any minute/hour/day.

#3533 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

New code will be dropping any minute/hour/day.

We can hope. It's still a little buggy, and it's been quite a gap since 1.05.

#3534 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We can hope. It's still a little buggy, and it's been quite a gap since 1.05.

Maybe I’ll be able to download the new code as I’m still running 1.01
Still can’t load anything newer, my computer won’t let me.

#3535 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

What's your computer doing to prevent it?

#3536 5 years ago

Spoke to Elwin tonight. It’s definitely coming.

#3537 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Any insight on the changes?

#3538 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's your computer doing to prevent it?

Just keeps saying can’t load
So frustrating

#3539 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Any insight on the changes?

No insight unfortunately.

#3540 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Just keeps saying can’t load
So frustrating

You need to be more specific. Your COMPUTER is saying can't load when you hit "save" or "save as" after clicking on the Stern link? And are you windows or mac? What browser?

#3541 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Spill it. When / what?

#3542 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Spill it. When / what?

Maybe they finally fixed the lockup bug and can stop having the machine automatically reboot once a day as a kludge to get around it. <---Annoying.

#3543 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Spill it. When / what?

Big circuit tournament this weekend, INDISC, and IMDN is in the bank. Elwin asked the organizer if it would be running the latest code and he wasn’t referring to 1.05.

#3544 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

If it’s windows, try disabling your anti-virus and firewall then try. If you use any kind of VPN’s, disable that too and reboot your computer with no VPN running.

#3545 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Big circuit tournament this weekend, INDISC, and IMDN is in the bank. Elwin asked the organizer if it would be running the latest code and he wasn’t referring to 1.05.

Was this a coy way of unveiling the update? How are they supposed to update if there's nothing released?

#3546 5 years ago

I’ll get back on the computer later tonight and try it and post what is going on to see if someone can help me out

Thx to all

#3547 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Was this a coy way of unveiling the update? How are they supposed to update if there's nothing released?

They used new code at another Major event last year that hadn't been released too. Seems to be a pattern, call it semi-public testing I guess.

I'm fine with it so long as they don't leave us plebs out in the cold for too long.

Here's to hoping for 12 additional awesome Maiden tunes on this one to choose from!

#3548 5 years ago

I haven't had any captive ball issues, so I can't speak to that. The newton ball shot feels very different than a stand up target, and sounds different as well. The shot under the ramp is a nice feeling shot, and the movement itself increases the amount of feedback the game provides. The mummy shot is also a nice way for the game to interact with you, not to mention that captive shot as well. Hitting the Mummy captive multiball up and out of the lock is a very nice touch. I could go on.

Again, not 1 killer toy, but it all adds up making the premium version a better overall experience.

Quoted from Maken:

#3549 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

They used new code at another Major event last year that hadn't been released too. Seems to be a pattern, call it semi-public testing I guess.
I'm fine with it so long as they don't leave us plebs out in the cold for too long.
Here's to hoping for 12 additional awesome Maiden tunes on this one to choose from!

Yep. NYC Championships had new code Elwin brought with him.

#3550 5 years ago

Question for anyone who has installed the Flipper Fidelity subwoofer (10" in my case): What do you have your audio settings at, specifically the subwoofer bass gain?

At the default levels I get the extra bass from the playfield effects however the music is still lacking some extra low end. When I was in the audio settings adjusting the gain there was a song playing so I upped the bass gain a bunch however the game effects become too "bassey".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/71?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.