(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,817 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 53 minutes ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,817 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 317.
#3451 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I asked a few weeks ago and it was mentioned that the game “plays best” when elevated. When i put it down to 6.5 it was bricks and missed returns everywhere

6.5° on mine equals smooth shots and 9.5/10 on my auto plunge.

#3452 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I asked a few weeks ago and it was mentioned that the game “plays best” when elevated. When i put it down to 6.5 it was bricks and missed returns everywhere

I have mine at 6.5 or maybe slightly over and I think it's one of the best playing games in my collection.

#3453 5 years ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

Thanks @vineland!
I’m now getting consistent autoplunges - success! But my manual plunges no longer work :-/ is there a known best approach for that?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/33#post-4761083

#3454 5 years ago

Never met a game that didn't play better face down and ass up. All the way, that is.

#3455 5 years ago

The game was designed to be played at 6.5 degrees. I had a right ramp where the ball was flying off maybe 4 times out of ten, Stern sent me a new one and has been fine ever since.

Quoted from gliebig:

Wonder what slope that pin is set at? Mine is so damn fast it's nearly unplayable. I've been raising it/lowering it and just can't get it dialed in. Even set the flippers to soft. Makes no difference. I lower it and the balls fly off ramps, I raise it and it's just as fast.

If you need to raise the pitch of the game to have it play correctly, you aren't fixing the issue. My game is at 6.5 and everything works as it should. If you've dialed the game in while it was pitched higher, you will probably have to dial most things in again.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It's funny, people think raising the pitch makes the game harder because it feels faster. Usually, not every game, but usually raising the pitch of the game makes it easier. Raising the back decreases the amount of side to side action so the game usually won't side drain as often.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Same here - the game is supposed to be set up at 7.x pitch, right? That is so fast I can barely keep up, much less actually complete many of the modes!

#3456 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The game was designed to be played at 6.5 degrees. I had a right ramp where the ball was flying off maybe 4 times out of ten, Stern sent me a new one and has been fine ever since.

If you need to raise the pitch of the game to have it play correctly, you aren't fixing the issue. My game is at 6.5 and everything works as it should. If you've dialed the game in while it was pitched higher, you will probably have to dial most things in again.

It's funny, people think raising the pitch makes the game harder because it feels faster. Usually, not every game, but usually raising the pitch of the game makes it easier. Raising the back decreases the amount of side to side action so the game usually won't side drain as often.

Do you mean the ball was flying off the wireform and not the ramp? My left wireform will do this from time to time.
Were you in warranty when they sent you a new one?

#3457 5 years ago

Got our topper today. Looks BAD ASS. Ill post a pic and maybe a video later if I have time to get it put on.

IMG_0579 (resized).jpgIMG_0579 (resized).jpg
#3458 5 years ago

I love that Aces topper. Only thing that bugs me is the game name/logo is on the topper. It irks me to see the name of the game on the topper. The backglass just inches below, clearly advises what game this is. No need to repeat it in the damn topper.

#3459 5 years ago

Yes, the ball flew off the wireform about 1/2 way down. Stern asked me for a video which I sent and they sent a new wireform right out. Fixed the issue.

Yes, it was covered under warranty. I think all games are still under warranty as they started shipping 4/2018. I could be wrong about that last part.

Quoted from mollyspub:

Do you mean the ball was flying off the wireform and not the ramp? My left wireform will do this from time to time.
Were you in warranty when they sent you a new one?

#3460 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Yep. Though it certainly can increase the overall speed of the game.

i think I have mine at 6.8 or 6.9. Ball was flying off the right ramp but I added a couple of additional washers under the ramp mount on the sling and it pretty much solved it (so made the ramp itself slightly less steep). Cheap and easy and reversible, etc.

#3461 5 years ago

Topper is as cool as it looks.

During gameplay the cockpit slowly fades off and on. When ever there is gun sound, the gun turrets fire.

During attract mode it pulses back and forth.

It probably does more during certain modes, but I dont have time to make a proper video today. Sorry guys.
87862959-3488-403B-A713-DE3AD3DF1687.gif87862959-3488-403B-A713-DE3AD3DF1687.gif

47B22F14-C8AD-4997-9D4F-0C2D5BB7042A.gif47B22F14-C8AD-4997-9D4F-0C2D5BB7042A.gif
#3462 5 years ago

I like it on the Le but it definitely would not look good on the premium

#3463 5 years ago

Sorry... just not lovin it

#3464 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Sorry... just not lovin it

Its not bad but i feel it could have been much cooler. The price of it is what really sucks more than anything.

#3465 5 years ago

Its actually cooler than I thought at first, but definitely not a fit on a Premium.

#3466 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I took the orange rubbers off that i had put on and went back to stock. Set it at 6.5 and it seems better now. Too bad, the orange rubbers looked great.

#3467 5 years ago

For me, I only use stock rubber, nothing else feels right. And in a home environment you probably won’t ever change them, years if you ever do.

Quoted from gliebig:

I took the orange rubbers off that i had put on and went back to stock. Set it at 6.5 and it seems better now. Too bad, the orange rubbers looked great.

#3468 5 years ago

Up the irons!

3F2EFBE8-BFD8-4DAE-A672-C9622ABC4217 (resized).jpeg3F2EFBE8-BFD8-4DAE-A672-C9622ABC4217 (resized).jpeg79921A28-7EF8-4409-B900-9C487F1483EE (resized).jpeg79921A28-7EF8-4409-B900-9C487F1483EE (resized).jpeg934477E9-0A9E-4ED9-BFD5-731218E01095 (resized).jpeg934477E9-0A9E-4ED9-BFD5-731218E01095 (resized).jpeg

#3469 5 years ago

No offense to those who have it, but pretty boring topper IMO. Should be a moving Eddie and Beast battling or something better than Aces High. That’s already portrayed in the mode and on the cabinet too right? See AFMLE!

#3470 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

No offense to those who have it, but pretty boring topper IMO. Should be a moving Eddie and Beast battling or something better than Aces High. That’s already portrayed in the mode and on the cabinet too right? See AFMLE!

Comically, I pretty much aren’t a fan of any toppers, but I do like this one.
I also have an LE, which it fits with. Not so much with the premium or the pro.

#3471 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Especially for the price they're asking. That's likely less than $100/unit including the amortized mould charge for the plane. The markup for that functionality is obscene.

#3472 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

During gameplay the cockpit slowly fades off and on. When ever there is gun sound, the gun turrets fire.
It probably does more during certain modes, but I dont have time to make a proper video today. Sorry guys.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting those. When you have time, it would be great to see it during gameplay.

#3473 5 years ago

It would be awesome to have a topper that's like the Stern one as far as overall looks go BUT have a 3D Eddie head inside the cockpit that moves side to side like the "reworked" Dalek head topper. That would look so cool I do agree though, suits the LE version alone.

#3474 5 years ago

I am 5 months in on IMDNLE

So glad this title was bought to life by Stern Pinball.

Kudos to the Rookies and to Stern for backing this title up.

IMDN was absolutely worth the exercise.

So a huge Thank you Once Again to Team IMDN and Sterns support to make this gem come alive.

Rick and Tim, Thank you so much for your efforts, I'm sure many of us mad pinheads could not imagine how much you guys have put into IMDN

Fans and every day pinheads are grateful for you efforts and we understand you guys probably have 10 other projects on the go, But if you can give IMDN the code polish it deserves would be amazing !

IMDN will win 2018 TWIPY game of the year.

My favorite video, I just try not to cringe and skip the newton ball I am sure you will find a better solution Harrison , you can do it man

And YES thank you for the Kinetic Satisfaction Keith Elwin !

You guys rock

Keep smashing it !

The Amazing power of Iron Maiden

ED Force One in full glory

#3475 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

If they worked for Aerosmith I would think they would work for Iron Maiden. Did you replace the cabinet speaker on your AS, if so what did you use? Hmmm, I'm not sure what to do. You have tried the Rockfords and they fit, but you think the Kickers sound better.
Thanks for the reply and links!

Haven’t played with the cabinet speaker. I ended up getting the pinnovator sub output board and using a powered sub. I then bought these https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-5-Pack-Plated-Adapter/dp/B0141KPCDY/ref=mp_s_a_1_8 And put 1 in each the right and left channels so that I could hook maiden and Aerosmith to the same sub, and it worked and sounds perfect. It’s not perfect when both machines are being played at the same time but it still works surprisingly well.

#3476 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Its actually cooler than I thought at first, but definitely not a fit on a Premium.

Isnt there another version of the topper that has the egyption pharoah eddie on it? Thought I saw one...

Any way, this topper fits the LE great. Not sure what you all expected, stern toppers are never all that amazing or complex. I think it fits the theme well for this model. Not my money, so Im cool with it! Lol

#3477 5 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing. I ordered the Aces High topper from Great American Pinball for my LE and can’t wait to receive it. Looks BAD ASS!!

#3478 5 years ago

Isnt there another version of the topper that has the egyption pharoah eddie on it? Thought I saw one...
Any way, this topper fits the LE great. Not sure what you all expected, stern toppers are never all that amazing or complex. I think it fits the theme well for this model. Not my money, so Im cool with it! Lol

There is, but that one is even MORE of an insult as it's essentially a diorama made of a couple pieces of vertical plastic with a few lights, that's it. Couldn't have cost more than $50 (being generous) to make in quantity - and they're charging $400 for that one.

https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/iron-maiden-egypt-topper

#3479 5 years ago

Topper should have been stock on the LE.

As for cringing about the Newton balls, the issue is manufacturing (cutting costs). There appears to be inconsistancy in build quality. Mine have worked great from day one.

#3480 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

As for cringing about the Newton balls, the issue is manufacturing (cutting costs). There appears to be inconsistancy in build quality. Mine have worked great from day one.

You are lucky trust me. You must have at least loctited them i assume right?

#3481 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yes, or significantly discounted!

#3482 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Very true, dropping another $419.99 on that topper was painful, but I didn’t like any of that other toppers out there for the LE

#3483 5 years ago

This game haunts me right now..
I really want to get a Premium, but then another game have to leave the collection

I have an AFM LE, Metallica Pro and a Monsterbash LE on the way.
Only have room for 3 games.

Leaning to sell AFM, but it is an awesome game.

#3484 5 years ago
Quoted from Alex_swe:

I really want to get a Premium, but then another game have to leave the collection

Leaning to sell AFM, but it is an awesome game

Just make space for a 4th machine

#3485 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Just make space for a 4th machine

I know right! But there seems to be a 3 games only policy in our home :/

#3486 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You are lucky trust me. You must have at least loctited them i assume right?

No loctite. I have the angled posts but haven’t bothered installing them because all is well.

#3487 5 years ago
Quoted from Alex_swe:

AFM is awesome, but not nearly as deep and fast. Plus you can play it on location if you need a fix. Most imdns on location are pros. I skipped afmr, and I’m glad I did. I play it in pin bars and that’s enough. I’m skipping mbr as well for the same reasons. It’s super easy, and it will be everywhere.

#3488 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

No loctite. I have the angled posts but haven’t bothered installing them because all is well.

Dont your post get loose all the time and screw the switch up with no loctite on them?

#3489 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dont your post get loose all the time and screw the switch up with no loctite on them?

That was my experience. Blue loctite was definitely necessary to hold it into place...

#3490 5 years ago
Quoted from Alex_swe:

Met Pros are the probably the most common modern Stern in existence so little risk if you sell that one you will always be able to find another, plus plenty on location to play as well. I sold my pimped out Met Pro to get my IMDN LE, no regrets at all.

But it all comes down to which combination of games in your lineup you think you'd want at this point.

#3491 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Met Pros are the probably the most common modern Stern in existence so little risk if you sell that one you will always be able to find another, plus plenty on location to play as well. I sold my pimped out Met Pro to get my IMDN LE, no regrets at all.
But it all comes down to which combination of games in your lineup you think you'd want at this point.

Exactly, Metallica is probably the easiest game to buy again.
But Metallica+Maiden would be awesome next to each other.

I guess time will tell

#3492 5 years ago

I am looking to upgrade the cabinet speaker in my premium, what size is it, 8 inch?

#3493 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I've only adjusted the gap on mummy. Never touched the posts.

#3494 5 years ago
Quoted from Alex_swe:

I know right! But there seems to be a 3 games only policy in our home :/

Change the policy. Hahaha

#3495 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I've only adjusted the gap on mummy. Never touched the posts.

Mine will stay tight about 10 games probably without loctite.

#3496 5 years ago

I didn't see one...but does anybody know of a setting or something to change under the PF to have the drop targets not shoot up so hard? It seems when they reset, way more force is used than necessary.

#3497 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I didn't see one...but does anybody know of a setting or something to change under the PF to have the drop targets not shoot up so hard? It seems when they reset, way more force is used than necessary.

I dont think theres any setting for that but yeah they are pretty powerful and loud when they reset arent they?

#3498 5 years ago

I put some comet 6 volt small led strips in the backboard in place of a couple bulbs. Problem is they don’t light up. I used the 44 bulb adapter

#3499 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I am looking to upgrade the cabinet speaker in my premium, what size is it, 8 inch?

8” is correct. but, I went with the 10” kit from FF for the Cabinet, and also replaced the BB speakers too. this kit comes with an adapter plate to put the 10”, in place of the 8”. no permanent modification is needed.

The speakers in the prem are the same as the pro, and are horrible.

This was a huge improvement for me.

https://flipperfidelity.com/sound/stern-speaker-systems/meaty-beaty-big-and-bassy-10-3-way-speaker-system-for-spike-machines.html

#3500 5 years ago

I know this has been gone over many times cause well, I've read every post in this thread. But can someone refresh me on the captive ball bullshit? Straight on 6 pm shots not registering but oddly, 9 and 3 o clock are.
Not sensitive enough means leaf switches too far apart? How are you guys adjusting these, closer or further?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,817 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/70?hl=gogdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.