New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,697 posts
  • 639 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by cybevenom
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,835 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A8ABD1A5-B930-4A30-953F-3481B91D600D (resized).jpeg
TMNT_OPTO_800x (resized).jpg
7E8F36D3-59F5-4F10-B90B-A78600A61C0E (resized).jpeg
1D734C78-AE9B-45D2-8994-7C4C978BEA06 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0830 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0775 (resized).jpeg
E3A40CFF-97CD-442E-B311-56F068D000AE (resized).jpeg
F3C30A6A-E593-492C-8EBA-B3AE8144142E (resized).jpeg
20201123_172521 (resized).jpg
20201123_094029 (resized).jpg
20201123_173509 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201122_003150710.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20201122_003155423 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201122_003133442.MP (resized).jpg
20201120_161553 (resized).jpg
DSC05206 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7697 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 154.
#301 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I read Marco brought 50 Stern games (30 IMDN and 20 other recent Sterns). This will probably be the most ever NIB pinballs brought to a show.

I heard this is a one shot deal and done. Taking business away from distros with 50 games sold at a show. This was an amazing number though! Wow! But Back to the normal 12 or so games at shows after.

#302 2 years ago

I absolutely hate this theme.. With that said I played the SH*T out of this game at MGC yesterday (helped that they had 30 machines to choose from). Even with that many machines, about 2 hours in you started not to be able to play right away and had to wait. I was really worried about Keith's design getting compromised, but it still plays great. Pop bumpers on the left ramp aren't as obstructive as you'd imagine. The 2 orbits (off right flipper wide, and then the short mini flipper and tight orbit in the center) are crazy awesome. Hitting the ramp and into the eye in the back is satisfying, and is a great time delay to shoot up at during multiball. All I gotta say is that if you're a maiden fan you're not going to be disappointed. The pro doesn't feel stripped at all.

#303 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

40? I thought marco brought 30?

I counted 9 of those pinwheel islands with at least 4 or 5 machines per island. There was never a wait to play one. It is a fantastic playing machine. The replay value is off the charts. I couldn't stop. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the sound on the machine was like. MGC was crazy loud.

#304 2 years ago

L.e. 161

#305 2 years ago

Let's see pics and hear reviews!!!

#306 2 years ago

Alright folks, here's my story - ill try to make it short

I put a deposit down with gexchange (thanks JJ!) the day after the first initial stream with DF & KME. JJ reached out to me last Thursday and said games are on the way, need final payment - paid that instant. I asked Friday when we'd expect something and he said he'd hope they would show up at his shop Friday. I heard nothing all weekend so pretty much figured it would ship sometime this week and thought, with any luck I 'MIGHT' have this by Friday before the weekend. Then, the email came....shipping info! Finished up some work and then checked the tracking #, it was already in Los Angeles! JJ had shipped it out Friday night! Holy crap JJ you rock! I call freight company and they said they'd deliver Tuesday (today) between 11am-3pm....yea, ive heard that before (..3pm...4pm....5pm....crickets...6pm...7pm...) Not this time! Guy made me my first stop and was here before 11am! Needless to say, I was not prepared; no shaker motor, no extras, luckily I had 5 new PBL Glossy balls in my tool chest and one opened but unused gloss ball. Score! This is a 6-ball game btw for anyone ordering balls.

On with the pics!

This thing looks sweet.
IMG_0929 (resized).jpg

Yes! I have room for it....
IMG_0931 (resized).jpg
IMG_0932 (resized).jpg

Uh oh....first issue! Luckily it's super minor.
IMG_0933 (resized).jpg

This ramp is much bigger than it looked on videos:
IMG_0934 (resized).jpg
IMG_0936 (resized).jpg

I think you have to be Keith Elwin or something to make this super jackpot...
IMG_0935 (resized).jpg

Some play field pics, artwork and insert matrix is amazing...
IMG_0939 (resized).jpg
IMG_0940 (resized).jpg
IMG_0941 (resized).jpg
IMG_0942 (resized).jpg
IMG_0943 (resized).jpg

Now that's a shooter protector!
IMG_0944 (resized).jpg

Shipped with .91 code (already updated it to .92)
IMG_0948 (resized).jpg

Looking good!
IMG_0950 (resized).jpg

Backglass art is amazing
IMG_0955 (resized).jpg

Make sure it's level...
IMG_0958 (resized).jpg

This is new to me, I like it! but I think they've been doing this since introducing LCD...
IMG_0959 (resized).jpg

All snug and cozy at home!
IMG_0962 (resized).jpg

Ive only a handful of test games so time to get playing so I can come back with a full review

#307 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Congrats and thanks for all the pictures. That's the flowiest lineup I can think of, looking forward to your detailed scoring strategies and my impeding disappointment when I fail miserably!

#308 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I put a deposit down with gexchange (thanks JJ!) the day after the first initial stream with DF & KME. JJ reached out to me last Thursday and said games are on the way, need final payment - paid that instant. I asked Friday when we'd expect something and he said he'd hope they would show up at his shop Friday. I heard nothing all weekend so pretty much figured it would ship sometime this week and thought, with any luck I 'MIGHT' have this by Friday before the weekend. Then, the email came....shipping info! Finished up some work and then checked the tracking #, it was already in Los Angeles! JJ had shipped it out Friday night! Holy crap JJ you rock! I call freight company and they said they'd deliver Tuesday (today) between 11am-3pm....yea, ive heard that before (..3pm...4pm....5pm....crickets...6pm...7pm...) Not this time! Guy made me my first stop and was here before 11am! Needless to say, I was not prepared; no shaker motor, no extras, luckily I had 5 new PBL Glossy balls in my tool chest and one opened but unused gloss ball. Score! This is a 6-ball game btw for anyone ordering balls.
On with the pics!
This thing looks sweet.

Looking good!

Backglass art is amazing

Make sure it's level...

This is new to me, I like it! but I think they've been doing this since introducing LCD...

Ive only a handful of test games so time to get playing so I can come back with a full review

The artwork on the cabinet, BG, and especially the PF is simply incredible!

The inserts look great too, really nicely styled and all looking clear and not a lot of crazing.

...wish the tech who mounted the center ramp could have gotten the left screw nice and flush with the ramp though (OCD that way).

Impressed with the "extras" on the Pro, service rails, metal ramps and drop targets, spinners, and even a nice shooter lane protector.

Congrats!

#309 2 years ago

Has anyone successfully installed a shaker in their Pro yet? Saw a couple threads with people having issues. I have a shaker on order but will wait until I have confirmation it works before installing in my machine.

If you did install it is it well integrated into game play yet? Thanks!

#310 2 years ago

Dee Bow with the crickets vid had me laughin in public. Well played.

#311 2 years ago

Also, this machine is exactly the droids you all have been looking for.
Home. Motherfuckin. Run. So many different shots I couldn't keep track. Obviously need more time but I seriously believe strong af candidate for best modern Stern, like, ever. Seriously the sweetest layout in years.

#312 2 years ago

Considering picking up a pro model...
Weren't there issues with stern playfields recently?

#313 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I havent heard any complaints on IMDN pf issues yet.. maybe everyone is still in the honeymoon phase! It will be a bit for me but im ordering NIB pro as well!

#314 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

My Pro playfield looks great! No hints of any ghosting and the clear looks glossy and thick. My game has about 500 plays on it and so far playfield dimpling is pretty minimal as well compared to what my TWDLE looked like with a similar number of plays. -leads me to believe the wood may be harder for this batch.

Out of the 30 machines at MGC i know there was one with some smudging/blurriness of the ink below the clearcoat.-likely that the ink wasn't completely dry before the clearcoat was applied. Other than that I don't know of any with any ghosting or playfield issues out of the box.

#315 2 years ago

Probably a bit early for ghosting

#316 2 years ago

Thanks for the input guys! Who does anyone recommend to purchase one from ? I'm in buffalo ny .

#317 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Probably a bit early for ghosting

Has anyone heard of anyone with issues with GOTG playfield ghosting.-I haven't been following that game at all. It seems like Stern may have mostly resolved the issue on recent games as I haven't seen any posts about it.-compared to how it was in 2016 during the Ghostbuster days.

#318 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Has anyone heard of anyone with issues with GOTG playfield ghosting.-I haven't been following that game at all. It seems like Stern may have mostly resolved the issue on recent games as I haven't seen any posts about it.-compared to how it was in 2016 during the Ghostbuster days.

Correct I don't think there have been any issues. My GOT took a year to ghost though

#319 2 years ago

I heard that all LE’s are sold for the US market? My local distributor tells me there’re still LE’s available for the European market.

I’m not interested in an LE myself (looking for a pro maybe) by might it be interesting enough for US/CAN collectors if I’d buy one and ship it overseas for them?

#320 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

On with the pics!
This thing looks sweet.

Looking good!

Backglass art is amazing

Make sure it's level...

Congrats on your new pin it looks awesome. I should have one soon but I’m waiting to see if the premium is worth the upgrade, the suspense is starting to get to me so I might just have the pro shipped.

#321 2 years ago

This game is addicting and bad ass in every way. A few minor quirks here in there with the code that should get polished up im sure.

That said, there is one thing that is bugging the heck out of me, hopefully some owners or others can chime in. The auto plunger doesnt always make the loop; it hits the post just below the entrance to the loop a lot. When i first setup the game and was playing it seemed like a 95% success rate which was great. But since lifting up the playfield, the success rate has dropped to about 50%. Cant figure it out. Manual plunge seems to work great, its just the auto plunge that's very inconsistent. Any tips or ideas to adjust that shooter is appreciated.

Quoted from Wildbill327:

Congrats on your new pin it looks awesome. I should have one soon but I’m waiting to see if the premium is worth the upgrade, the suspense is starting to get to me so I might just have the pro shipped.

We havent seen the prem/le yet obviously, but i think all models are going to be big winners. it will come down to the pocket book and what you want to spend. But we'll see, i cant wait til we see the prem in action. Hopefully with another deadflip/kme stream.

#322 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This game is addicting and bad ass in every way. A few minor quirks here in there with the code that should get polished up im sure.
That said, there is one thing that is bugging the heck out of me, hopefully some owners or others can chime in. The auto plunger doesnt always make the loop; it hits the post just below the entrance to the loop a lot. When i first setup the game and was playing it seemed like a 95% success rate which was great. But since lifting up the playfield, the success rate has dropped to about 50%. Cant figure it out. Manual plunge seems to work great, its just the auto plunge that's very inconsistent. Any tips or ideas to adjust that shooter is appreciated.

We havent seen the prem/le yet obviously, but i think all models are going to be big winners. it will come down to the pocket book and what you want to spend. But we'll see, i cant wait til we see the prem in action. Hopefully with another deadflip/kme stream.

Mine was working fine at MGC but now the auto launcher makes the loop 50-60% of the time. My guess it has to do with the incline. At home and show I had the legs all the way up in the back and level. My guess is it is the incline. I was going to take a look at the auto plunger tonight and see if something is loose.

#323 2 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Mine was working fine at MGC but now the auto launcher makes the loop 50-60% of the time. My guess it has to do with the incline. At home and show I had the legs all the way up in the back and level. My guess is it is the incline. I was going to take a look at the auto plunger tonight and see if something is loose.

I screwed with ours a bunch. It seems like the game requires a pitch at 7.5 or more to have reliable plunger and autolauncher shots.

#324 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This game is addicting and bad ass in every way.

Thanks for sharing!! Nice Pin lineup!

#325 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I screwed with ours a bunch. It seems like the game requires a pitch at 7.5 or more to have reliable plunger and autolauncher shots.

Mine is above 8.0 right now.

#326 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That's about where I have mine set for pitch and my autolaunch and manual plunger work really well.-I did upgrade the plunger spring to give it a bit more power though.

IMG_20180417_200302 (resized).jpg

#327 2 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Mine is above 8.0 right now.

it you put the back and front legs in all the way on yours, is the pitch at 6.5?

Is this the first Stern game intended to be 6.5 and no leveler use?

#328 2 years ago

KME posted about the shooter in tilt forums and said if it's not making it that there's an adjustment screw at the top of the shooter lane on the opposite side on the ball guide. I didn't see it when I looked, and ill check again in a few hours but what I did do is put a washer under the top screw of the ball gate and that did seem to help. Anyway, if anyone is at their machine, look for this adjustment screw and maybe post a pic please

#329 2 years ago

Ok I think I found the screw. It’s under the powerslave annubis looking plastic right next to the ball gate black post. I’ll see if I can get to it tonight but might have to wait for the weekend.

#330 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ok I think I found the screw. It’s under the powerslave annubis looking plastic right next to the ball gate black post. I’ll see if I can get to it tonight but might have to wait for the weekend.

It looks like that's the one. My game is sitting at 6.5+ and the orbit is spot on most of the time.

#331 2 years ago

What's the best score that you guys have had at this point? This is the best I have been able to muster so far. Damn, I'm in love with this pin.

MVIMG_20180416_210722 (resized).jpg

#332 2 years ago

Be quick or be dead!

#333 2 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

What's the best score that you guys have had at this point? This is the best I have been able to muster so far. Damn, I'm in love with this pin.

Not sure but I got to Cyborg Multiball today and was super excited when I started it.

#334 2 years ago

Is the handle on the back side of Stern games a new thing? This is really nice for when you have to slide the playfield in and out!

IMG_20180418_210430 (resized).jpg

#335 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Is the handle on the back side of Stern games a new thing? This is really nice for when you have to slide the playfield in and out!

Never seen that before in a Stern game

#336 2 years ago

It definitely has the ( just one more game) feel to it....

#337 2 years ago

Congratulations Hougie. Like Ronald McDonald I know yer lovin it.

#338 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Congratulations Hougie. Like Ronald McDonald I know yer lovin it.

Hell yeah, man. I want to post up an official review but let's just say that it exceeds my expectations in every way. Love it.

#339 2 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Never seen that before in a Stern game

It is also on SW Prem/LE s. I wish Stern would put them in every game! I think Stern put the handle in to stop you basing all the hardware when you push the playfield back in.

#340 2 years ago

I just hit five left orbits in a row. It felt like the warp ramp in Stern Star Trek. That's one of my favorite shots in pinball. It helps if you hold up the left flipper when you are trying to shoot the loop.

#341 2 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I just hit five left orbits in a row. It felt like the warp ramp in Stern Star Trek. That's one of my favorite shots in pinball. It helps if you hold up the left flipper when you are trying to shoot the loop.

Dude it’s bwtter than the warp ramp! Feels so good. That said I just hit 2 mini loops and that was fantastic too. I’m calling it now, best pin ever

#342 2 years ago

So be brutally honest with me here. How are you guys at hitting the super skill shot / super jackpot? Not the actual loop or setup but the actual shot into that tight shot. I’m fixated on that shot trying to hit the X to light my 2X and 3X. Some games I can hit it left and right, but most games I’ll take 20 stabs at it and not get it once. Makes for a very satisfying hit, but also frustrating when I’m in trooper mb and have nothing lit but that super jp shot.

#343 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So be brutally honest with me here. How are you guys at hitting the super skill shot / super jackpot? Not the actual loop or setup but the actual shot into that tight shot. I’m fixated on that shot trying to hit the X to light my 2X and 3X. Some games I can hit it left and right, but most games I’ll take 20 stabs at it and not get it once. Makes for a very satisfying hit, but also frustrating when I’m in trooper mb and have nothing lit but that super jp shot.

I'm gonna say it's like the gem shot in Tron. We'll probably have to nudge the game and nail it. That shot and the lower left spinner are beating me up and taking my lunch money right now. But I'm a scrapper and I keep coming back for more. lol

#344 2 years ago

That super jackpot is hands down the toughest shot in the game though. I can't stop hitting start!! I'll hang it up at two minutes to midnight.

#345 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It's tough! I'm probably at about 15% accuracy. I agree with Hougie that it is a bit like the Gem shot in that you do kind of have to nudge it off the rail in order to hit it. I've only hit it off the super skillshot a couple times.

Mini loop I've done 3 loops twice now. I had one game tonight where on ball one I just started hitting loops and got a bunch of super loop jackpots on both the main and mini loop and put up about 97 million just from loops alone! They really build up quick. I agree that this may just be the best pin ever! I've certainly never seen a game this good right out of the gate.

#346 2 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

My best is 500 mil on day 1. Since then, haven’t come close.

#347 2 years ago

Biggest negative I have with this game, no band member call outs.

#348 2 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Biggest negative I have with this game, no band member call outs.

Would that even work with how the integration is setup?

#349 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dude it’s bwtter than the warp ramp! Feels so good. That said I just hit 2 mini loops and that was fantastic too. I’m calling it now, best pin ever

Way better than the warp ramp, warp ramp feeds are inconsistent ime.

#350 2 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Way better than the warp ramp, warp ramp feeds are inconsistent ime.

There’s an adjustment screw on the exit of the warp ramp you can loosen and move it left and right and reseat. Took me a good many trials but eventually had mine rock solid. Still, love the IMDN loops much more!

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ok one last game before bed and what do you know. Nailed 2 super skill shots and a super jp. I’m finding you can sometimes hit the super shot from the bottom left flipper.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 26.50
There are 7697 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 154.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside