(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 317.
#3201 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Ok, here you go!
The flasher connects here into this molex ->
[quoted image]
Which the wires then plug into the board with the orange connector ->
[quoted image]
Which is near the middle of the PF ->
[quoted image]

That's great for the application on the Pro, excellent! You have 2 pin molex connectors and can create a wiring harness for the mod with basic crimping skills, and solder to the crimp terminals as the wire will be small. You'll need connector housings, male and female, and crimp terminals, male and female. That's for whatever flasher color you choose, blue, red, green, whatever. Red would outshine the RGB slow color changing LED, but green would as well, and blue if bright enough. I can't tell if the connector is 0.062 or 0.093. I assume 0.062, which is what I have on the 4 pin molex connector for my LE. Would love to see how it turns out!

#3202 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Ok premium/ LE owners. Iā€™m getting in this club this weekend. How has this games reliability been since adjusting the captive balls and the mummy locks and making the changes from original design? So far Iā€™ve ordered the roller type switches just to have in case. I just want to be sure Iā€™m not going to regret this by having to constantly keep adjusting stuff

You have got over 20 games so im sure you know how to adjust switches and stuff, so you will be fine. No worries at all.

#3203 5 years ago

thanks guys for the reassurance. Iā€™m really excited for this one I played a pro for hours over the weekend and it confirmed my love for this game. I had played a LE over the summer and really enjoyed it. Iā€™ve since forgotten the extra features but I decided I wanted everything the game has to offer Since itā€™s that good of a player

#3204 5 years ago

So I heard we are finally getting a stern topper for this and there may be several different styles. Is this just smoke in the wind?

#3205 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

That's great for the application on the Pro, excellent! You have 2 pin molex connectors and can create a wiring harness for the mod with basic crimping skills, and solder to the crimp terminals as the wire will be small. You'll need connector housings, male and female, and crimp terminals, male and female. That's for whatever flasher color you choose, blue, red, green, whatever. Red would outshine the RGB slow color changing LED, but green would as well, and blue if bright enough. I can't tell if the connector is 0.062 or 0.093. I assume 0.062, which is what I have on the 4 pin molex connector for my LE. Would love to see how it turns out!

Sweet...thanks! Will do. Now I just need to wait for the ebay order to show up...and...order the wire materials and leds.

#3206 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

thanks guys for the reassurance. Iā€™m really excited for this one I played a pro for hours over the weekend and it confirmed my love for this game. I had played a LE over the summer and really enjoyed it. Iā€™ve since forgotten the extra features but I decided I wanted everything the game has to offer Since itā€™s that good of a player

You are gonna love it i guarantee it. Theres s little pointy hex pin that sits in a spoon type switch. My hex pin kept coming unscrewed and throwing that switch out of adjustment. Tighten it up and it would be ok but it kept coming loose so i put a drop of blue loctite on the threads and it hss stayed in place ever since.

Im not suggesting you do that, thats totally up to you. Some people are for doing that and some are against it. Its worked fine for me ao far is all i know.

#3207 5 years ago

Do you have a decent amount of time to get the adjustment right before the lock tite dries? Blue isnā€™t the strongest lock tite so if the newton assembly had to be taken apart it still could without damaging anything right? Iā€™ll look into it definitely. Is it possible to install a lock washer of some kind to keep the pin from loosening up? I guess Iā€™ll wait till I see it for myself before assuming anything. I messaged Stern about the new pins. Thanks Who Dey

#3208 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Do you have a decent amount of time to get the adjustment right before the lock tite dries? Blue isnā€™t the strongest lock tite so if the newton assembly had to be taken apart it still could without damaging anything right? Iā€™ll look into it definitely. Is it possible to install a lock washer of some kind to keep the pin from loosening up? I guess Iā€™ll wait till I see it for myself before assuming anything. I messaged Stern about the new pins. Thanks Who Dey

I just got my game a few weeks ago and it had the new pins. Played great out of the box until last night, then I ran into issues. I think I have it solved though. I posted in the Iron Maiden issues thread.
Good luck! I love this game and think the extra features are well worth it!

#3209 5 years ago

Hi, I received my Iron Maiden Premium just a few hours ago. Wow, what a great game!

The only thing is, when I examined the playfield more closely, it occured to me that there are vertical lines all over the playfield artwork. The clearcoat feels smooth, it really looks as if like the printing quality was poor. I really shows up in the darker areas. I included a couple of pictures.

On places where the light reflects on the playfield you can also see something like ripples ) last picture.

Do you guys think this is normal?

Devil (resized).jpgDevil (resized).jpgFear of the dark (resized).jpgFear of the dark (resized).jpgSfinx (resized).jpgSfinx (resized).jpg

Foto 6 (resized).jpgFoto 6 (resized).jpg
#3210 5 years ago
Quoted from bolluh:

Hi, I received my Iron Maiden Premium just a few hours ago. Wow, what a great game!
The only thing is, when I examined the playfield more closely, it occured to me that there are vertical lines all over the playfield artwork. The clearcoat feels smooth, it really looks as if like the printing quality was poor. I really shows up in the darker areas. I included a couple of pictures.
On places where the light reflects on the playfield you can also see something like ripples ) last picture.
Do you guys think this is normal?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

My print quality is fine, however I have ripples as well. From the players perspective, it's not nearly as bad as the photo I posted in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/10#post-4450797

I know other folks with this "issue". Whomever is prepping the PF's, could have spent more time sanding? Fortunately, the clear is smooth and gameplay is unaffected.

snaroff

#3211 5 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Hey you got a blue gel?? No fair!

Kudos to Mezel mods!
They didn't have to do it but they contacted me out of the blue and are going to the trouble of sending me my missing gel.
Cheers

#3212 5 years ago

Planking/ribbing is pretty common on Iron Maiden playfields.

I'm a betting man, and was pretty sure my NIB Maiden Pro would look terrible when I opened it. Cashed that one.

#3213 5 years ago

I see stern released two official toppers and additional info or video of them in action anywhere?

#3214 5 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I see stern released two official toppers and additional info or video of them in action anywhere?

Stern released the topper? Would like a link to them if you have it!

#3215 5 years ago

Me too, and does anyone know whatā€™s available for apron cards?

#3216 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My print quality is fine, however I have ripples as well. From the players perspective, it's not nearly as bad as the photo I posted in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/10#post-4450797
I know other folks with this "issue". Whomever is prepping the PF's, could have spent more time sanding? Fortunately, the clear is smooth and gameplay is unaffected.
snaroff

I'm really glad it doesn't affect the gameplay.
Thanks for the feedback Snaroff. I was worried I was the only one

#3217 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Planking/ribbing is pretty common on Iron Maiden playfields.
I'm a betting man, and was pretty sure my NIB Maiden Pro would look terrible when I opened it. Cashed that one.

Thanks for the feedback Maken. "Glad" to hear it's common.

#3220 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Not very impressed with those. Someone on here made much nicer ones

I've thought about that. It's sure good looking, but not 3D, is not cheap, and sound activated-only. These are interactive. Aces High ordered.

#3221 5 years ago

Are thye actually shipping? This sure has beeen low key.

#3223 5 years ago

Underwhelming and overpriced (to say the least).

If anything these should have come standard on Prem and LE games.

#3224 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I've thought about that. It's sure good looking, but not 3D, is not cheap, and sound activated-only. These are interactive. Aces High ordered.

Aces high is at least 3D the other is plain. Unless itā€™s absolutely amazing when in use itā€™s a pass.

#3225 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Underwhelming and overpriced (to say the least).
If anything these should have come standard on Prem and LE games.

If it's static, that paperboard one is literally under $10 cost in quantity to make. Embarrassing.

#3226 5 years ago

Wow! I am not a fan of Stern's quality overall, and this even shocks me. May as well lazer print some IMDN crap off the net onto a couple pieces of cardboard and save yourself $400. I realize business is mostly about making as much as you can, but this is just insulting.

#3228 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I kinda dig the Aces High topper. Will sell my Delta9 sound activated topper for a big discount if anyone is interested
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-topper-new

I like the aces high topper too...though would like to see the lighting on it first. Like...it seems like there are lights for the wing guns but...maybe not?

#3229 5 years ago

I like the Egypt topper. But $400.... $400!. LOL.

#3230 5 years ago

The aces high one is actually pretty cool. Pricey af but cool.
Pro membership is less than 4 days away now.....

#3231 5 years ago

The Delta9 topper is sold. Thanks for looking.

#3232 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I like the Egypt topper. But $400.... $400!

But it will elevate the overall playing experience on any game model! What is that worth?

#3234 5 years ago

TWD topper, GOT, AS, maybe some others i don't know are cool. They arent 400 dollars cool but they're still pretty cool. This topper here isn't that cool at all and theres basically nothing to it. 400 dollars is laughable and embarrassing. Come on Stern you are better than this. We love our games and we overpay for a lot of things but this is a joke.

#3235 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

TWD topper, GOT, AS, maybe some others i don't know are cool. They arent 400 dollars cool but they're still pretty cool. This topper here isn't that cool at all and theres basically nothing to it. 400 dollars is laughable and embarrassing. Come on Stern you are better than this. We love our games and we overpay for a lot of things but this is a joke.

GoT toppers were recently cleared out for $300. Totally worth that.

#3236 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

GoT toppers were recently cleared out for $300. Totally worth that.

Wish i woulda known. Are they all gone now?

#3237 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wish i woulda known. Are they all gone now?

Dunno. Call your distributor. There's been quite a few deals on the down low in the last few months.

The relatively awesome GoT side rails with the Stark or Lannister family signs laser cut into them were also on clearance for like $170 or something.

#3238 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dunno. Call your distributor. There's been quite a few deals on the down low in the last few months.
The relatively awesome GoT side rails with the Stark or Lannister family signs laser cut into them were also on clearance for like $170 or something.

Oh ok. I thought they was on the stern website. They pretty much have nothing at all on their store.

#3239 5 years ago

Aces high is missing its wing tips and fuselage, and looks ridiculous, but hey, Iā€™d buy one for $150!

#3240 5 years ago

Does someone know where to get some speaker grill decals? (Similar to the creeping death mod for Metallica). I'm having a hell of a time finding anything and dont like the way these lcd/speaker grills look on the newer Sterns.
I dont know why Stern just leaves them bare.
I cant imaging its money. How much can a 2ft sticker cost them in bulk? $5 more a game maybe? I'd have been willing to pay extra for my game if some Zombie Yeti art continued up there.

#3241 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

The Delta9 topper is sold. Thanks for looking.

Pm me if anyone wants a topper I have a few left

#3242 5 years ago

Holy hell. Put up a huge ball 1 and a terrible ball 2, average ball 3.

Finished trooper and mummy cards, but only did two modes (aces high and hallowed be thy name).

I just blew it up and ran out of gas.

IMG_20181214_173911 (resized).jpgIMG_20181214_173911 (resized).jpg
#3243 5 years ago

Still available. Game is in climate controlled storage and I have the key. $6300 for a mint IMDN premium! PM me...

#3244 5 years ago

Ahhhhhh, I'm getting twitchy! I'm supposed to pick up my pro on Tuesday morning from a local depot (a $50 van rental is better than a $200 delivery charge) but there is also a slim chance I'll get curbside drop off tomorrow instead. (Mind explodes)
I have to talk to the driver tomorrow. Hopefully he is good people. (Fingers crossed emoji doesn't work)

#3245 5 years ago

I would buy the air plane topper but I donā€™t think it will look good on my premium. The other topper isnā€™t cutting it. Pretty disappointed and I donā€™t know what I am going to do.

#3246 5 years ago

I was going to add some flasher lights to my spitfire mod, and wanted to connect some 3mm LEDs to the flasher under the PF (similar to lermods). I am about to do a marco order but I don't know what kind of connectors I need to search for to mock up a harness that would connect to this type of connection? I'm just not sure what to "search" for on marco and they have like a 1000 connectors...

20181216_134831 (resized).jpg20181216_134831 (resized).jpg

#3247 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I was going to add some flasher lights to my spitfire mod, and wanted to connect some 3mm LEDs to the flasher under the PF (similar to lermods). I am about to do a marco order but I don't know what kind of connectors I need to search for to mock up a harness that would connect to this type of connection? I'm just not sure what to "search" for on marco and they have like a 1000 connectors...
[quoted image]

https://www.pinballlife.com/2-pin-malemale-z-connector.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/156-396mm-crimp-stuff-2-position-housing-with-locking-ramp.html

Marco has the trifurcon connectors that go inside the plastic housing:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CT156T

Now that you know what you're looking for specifically, you can probably find it all at Marco since PBL doesn't seem to have the trifurcon connectors.

#3248 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

https://www.pinballlife.com/2-pin-malemale-z-connector.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/156-396mm-crimp-stuff-2-position-housing-with-locking-ramp.html
Marco has the trifurcon connectors that go inside the plastic housing:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CT156T
Now that you know what you're looking for specifically, you can probably find it all at Marco since PBL doesn't seem to have the trifurcon connectors.

Sweet...really appreciate it.

#3249 5 years ago

Just added the cyborg figure to premium. I took the bracket off original figure and drilled it into back of aftermarket figure. The trick was positioning his legs in a decent manner as I know another Pinsider had cut his legs down to fit.

20181216_211200 (resized).jpg20181216_211200 (resized).jpg20181216_211205 (resized).jpg20181216_211205 (resized).jpg20181216_211214 (resized).jpg20181216_211214 (resized).jpg
#3250 5 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I would buy the air plane topper but I donā€™t think it will look good on my premium. The other topper isnā€™t cutting it. Pretty disappointed and I donā€™t know what I am going to do.

I just added this topper from TiltTopper to my Iron Maiden. It's cheaper than the Stern version and I think it looks great.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2018/12/12/mods-twilight-zone-and-iron-maiden-topper-install-tilttopper-video/

YouTube Video :

12-11-2018-7-48-24-pm (resized).jpg12-11-2018-7-48-24-pm (resized).jpg12-11-2018-7-49-12-pm (resized).jpg12-11-2018-7-49-12-pm (resized).jpg12-11-2018-7-51-21-pm (resized).jpg12-11-2018-7-51-21-pm (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/65?hl=gogdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.