(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 317.
#3001 5 years ago

Awesome!!!!

Thanks a lot guys....
Let the hunt begin

#3002 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What is the reason the both ends under the playfield have this shiny/glazed coating? Bare wood in the middle.
[quoted image]

It's a bad coat of clear/sealer. I assume it's there to make it easier to clean when the coil dust builds up. It's a half-assed ugly job, but I'm glad Stern is at least trying. Coil dust with bare wood is ugly forever.

#3003 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

How are you finding the post sleeves? Did you order stern slim? I'm apprehensive swapping the post sleeves as I've heard the tapered factory sleeve help minimize airballs. Have you noticed an increase in airballs? So far I've just picked flippers and slings. I may opt to leave much of it stock if it is affecting gameplay.
Did you do red sleeves at the right ramp or is it my eyes?

I just replaced the Stern post sleeves with Titan Stern slim. No increase in airballs. Was struck by how hard the Stern posts were...more like hard plastic, not rubber (which I imagine would increase the likelihood of airballs).

snaroff

#3004 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I just replaced the Stern post sleeves with Titan Stern slim. No increase in airballs. Was struck by how hard the Stern posts were...more like hard plastic, not rubber (which I imagine would increase the likelihood of airballs).
snaroff

That's odd, when I did it I had noticed every shot on the post was an air ball.

#3005 5 years ago

In the middle of installing speaker lights and having brain dysfunction and can't remember for sure where the ground strap attaches (which I removed on the right side and maybe didn't need to?) Could someone send a picture of their premium right speaker area for where the ground strap attaches?

15425741897515716737095767678786 (resized).jpg15425741897515716737095767678786 (resized).jpg
#3006 5 years ago

The ground goes on the speaker stud

#3007 5 years ago

Anyone have a Pinball Life shaker installed on a premium? I installed mine set to Maximim usage and it seems quite weak compared to my Kiss or ACDC shakers.

#3008 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Anyone have a Pinball Life shaker installed on a premium? I installed mine set to Maximim usage and it seems quite weak compared to my Kiss or ACDC shakers.

What shaker do you have in the other machines?

#3009 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I have a PBL shaker and its perfect i think. I dont want it to violently shake the node boards out of my game.

#3010 5 years ago

I know of an IMDN Premium for sale for an extremely good price, in the Southeast. It belonged to David Taylor who passed away recently from cancer. I am helping his wife to sell the game. PM me for details.

#3011 5 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

What shaker do you have in the other machines?

I have PBLife in Kiss and. Acdc

#3012 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

In the middle of installing speaker lights and having brain dysfunction and can't remember for sure where the ground strap attaches (which I removed on the right side and maybe didn't need to?) Could someone send a picture of their premium right speaker area for where the ground strap attaches?
[quoted image]

On my Batman and Iron Maiden, the ground goes onto the side of the LCD Monitor through the screw and screwed into the monitor.

#3013 5 years ago

Whoa. Just got an MVP super skill shot. It was pure accident but cool as shit. Going for the super skill shot, I managed to get 2 mini loops then hit the skill shot lane. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to see the award for it.

#3014 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Whoa. Just got an MVP super skill shot. It was pure accident but cool as shit. Going for the super skill shot, I managed to get 2 mini loops then hit the skill shot lane. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to see the award for it.

I think when I got it they called it the mxp skill shot and was worth 55 million.

#3015 5 years ago

Wow awesome! I had no clue that was even a thing!!

#3016 5 years ago

I own a pro and love it. All of a sudden I am thinking of upgrading to prem.

Is it worth it? Better or not?

#3017 5 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I own a pro as well and played a premium on location. NOT worth it

#3018 5 years ago

They really are both great games. I own a premium because that's what I prefer. I suggest putting some time in on one before making your decision.

#3019 5 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Worth the money...no. Worth the fun of having the extra features, absolutely! However, if I already had a Pro I would not take a loss on it to step up to a Premium.

#3020 5 years ago

Having played a premium, it is hard for ME to justify the price. Of course, I'm poor, so there's that.

#3021 5 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I think the extra features on the premium are worth it and that's why I bought one. I really like the sarcophagus lock. The LED dome I never really pay attention to though... Mode starts on the premium are smoother/easier with the lifting ramp.

Rob

#3022 5 years ago

I know of a premium that can be had for $6300. PM me.

#3023 5 years ago

I went pro because the ramp and the lock seem to have issues, at least on the LE I played. Seemed like it was always broken and I didn't want to deal with it so went pro.

#3024 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I own a pro as well and played a premium on location. NOT worth it

In your opinion. I think it is worth it.

#3025 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I went pro because the ramp and the lock seem to have issues, at least on the LE I played. Seemed like it was always broken and I didn't want to deal with it so went pro.

Have an LE. Never had a problem.

#3026 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Have an LE. Never had a problem.

I had a problem within 2 days of owning it... But!!! It was a super easy fix, and I haven't had a problem since... I do have a few things I need to tweak. Mainly I need to fix the Sarcophagus newton ball. I either am going to see if my pinball repair guy can fix it for me. Or I hope to find someone on pinside who lives nearby that can assist me.

I also finally played on a Pro as well.
Pro plays amazing... But, I think the Prem is plays better....
Does it play 1k better... I don't know. For me I always like to own the best version of anything. But, again I don't know if I'll enjoy my Prem 1000 dollars more than if I got the pro. You just have to do what makes you happy. For me it was the Prem.

#3027 5 years ago

Thought I'd post up some info on some of the mods I've done to my LE. I think I'm basically "done" with changes though I may still add some additional spot lighting in a few places down the road.

Figures

- Like many I've replaced the stock Piece of Mind Eddie with the "Neca Piece of Mind Deluxe" one off EBay (over the left ramp entrance).
- Added a McFarlane Spawn Eddie Trooper figure on top of the drop targets (posed to resemble the LE backglass).
- Was inspired by Guinnesstime 's post (#4599324 on this thread) to find and add the Art Asylum Ultimate Series Number of the Beast Red Devil figure to the right ramp loop area.
- Moved the Cyborg Eddie that came with the game to the left ramp loop area. It looks much better there viewed at a different angle from the left. The silver highlights on it reflect the loop lighting below as well for good effect.

WAllFIg (resized).JPGWAllFIg (resized).JPG
WRtFig2 (resized).JPGWRtFig2 (resized).JPG
Wleftfiguer (resized).JPGWleftfiguer (resized).JPG

Lighting

- Replaced all the cool white GI bulbs with warm-white under "warm" colored plastics (yellows, red). The playfield and plastic artwork really shines with these vs the stock cool white GI bulbs. Highly recommended.
- Replaced all Red GI bulbs in the bottom 1/2 of the playfield (Fear of the Dark mode) with warm white instead. The red GI really washes out the PF art and looks like sh*t. The warm white is 1000% better and still is plenty "dark" enough for Fear of the Dark mode.
- Replaced the cool white LED bulbs in the backboard (pyramid plastics) with warm white and removed a few that were hot-spotting and to provide more contrast in the lighting to draw focus to the lite items.
- Added small warm white LED strip lighting behind the Pharaohs Tomb gate plastic on the left ramp.
- Added small warm white LED strip lighting above the Pharaoh plastic over the backboard target.
- Replaced the bright white flasher from the left ramp loop (pointing at the Pharaohs Tomb gate) with a regular red LED bulb, which I then covered as much as possible with a black sharpy. The original flasher is waaay too bright and simply reflects like a mirror off the plastic. The dimmed down red LED provides a much more subtle red pulse which I prefer.
- Replaced the dim yellow flasher under the Pharaoh's Tomb lock mech with the bright white one from the left loop flasher and re-aligned it for maximal shine-through. This is a great improvement as you can actually notice now when the tomb flasher is going off. Highly recommended.
- Replaced the bright white flasher in the right loop (was pointing at the Cyborg Eddie figure originally) with a regular warm white LED. Still plenty noticeable when it's flashing and provides a nice light for the red beast figure.

Lighting (resized).JPGLighting (resized).JPG
Bottom (resized).JPGBottom (resized).JPG

I've also got the yellow tinted plastic protectors on the pop bumpers, makes them glow nicely and also the slightly blue tinted ones (hollow in the middle to preserve colors on the artwork though) on the slingshots and ball guides.

I've considered adding Stadium Lighting as the game is pretty dark in the mid-playfield area but rejected it as this game looks much better IMHO with more subtle lighting with feature lights and shadows (IJ is the same), so will probably add a couple more spots or LED strips in a few strategic places in the future instead.

Was also going to add a plane model but have decided not to as I think the difference in scale with the figures would look odd and it really doesn't need it.

#3028 5 years ago

Just upgraded my light show this morning. So dope.
35E6E1FA-BFB0-4706-946B-2C30773E80A8 (resized).jpeg35E6E1FA-BFB0-4706-946B-2C30773E80A8 (resized).jpeg

#3029 5 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Totally worth it if you can afford it. Whenever I play a pro, the game feels incomplete. You also get to enjoy the animations more with the premium. The pro removes what Keith designed. I wanted that design and I'm happy I paid for it.

#3030 5 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Better yes...... worth it? Ehh probably not truthfully but the Premium is a little better. The Premium and LE does have more stuff that can and will screw up though mechanically thats for sure. I have a mixture of pros and Premiums and i love them all. I never thought id ever buy a Premium because im not rich by any means but on some of these games i just want the extras. I will say though that IMDN is maybe the strongest pro model ever. Its between that and the GOT Pro i think.

#3031 5 years ago

Had my pro 2 weeks and really enjoying it. I like that Keith placed a target specifically to encourage shatzing but can anyone do it? I can do it on old machines but the geometry seems to make it near impossible on this machine ( for me anyway! ). Second to that the reward seems hardly worth bothering?

Also holding either flipper button for instant info doesn't work with the ball in the shooter lane, yes I know that's when you're selecting a song but you could still do it, that's the time I use that function mostly on other games.

#3032 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Just upgraded my light show this morning. So dope.
[quoted image]

I installed that today as well. It looks so good for a cheap little mod. What did you use for your outhole red? It also looks great.

#3033 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I installed that today as well. It looks so good for a cheap little mod. What did you use for your outhole red? It also looks great.

https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/7smd6.3vsmdstrip.htm

And they are on sale right now until Monday.

#3034 5 years ago

Sweet. Is this really all that lighted trough kits are? These are only $2.75 on sale....why are they like almost $20 from mezelmods, etc?

#3035 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Sweet. Is this really all that lighted trough kits are? These are only $2.75 on sale....why are they like almost $20 from mezelmods, etc?

They are even cheaper if you do them yourself. Easy too.

#3036 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I like that Keith placed a target specifically to encourage shatzing but can anyone do it? I can do it on old machines but the geometry seems to make it near impossible on this machine ( for me anyway! ). Second to that the reward seems hardly worth bothering?

Yes you can hit the tombstone target, it's a tough shot but definitely achievable with practice. You may need to adjust the switch to have a small gap (I had to do this on my pro, the target would not register via shatz from factory.)

Disagree that it is not worth bothering. The tombstone target can be a very valuable shot to make if you are only 1 'X' target away from lighting/increasing the PF multiplier.

#3037 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Yes you can hit the tombstone target, it's a tough shot but definitely achievable with practice. You may need to adjust the switch to have a small gap (I had to do this on my pro, the target would not register via shatz from factory.)
Disagree that it is not worth bothering. The tombstone target can be a very valuable shot to make if you are only 1 'X' target away from lighting/increasing the PF multiplier.

All the other X's are far easier to hit though

#3038 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

All the other X's are far easier to hit though

Okay... So I'll be the first person to say I don't know much about pinball. I'm still learning. But, I do come up with my own strategies from time to time on games. I personally don't think the X targets are worth aiming directly for.
You're going to hit them and you'll get them just in the course of the game from your missed shots. Yes, I do like to try to take a Playfield X into a mode with me. But, again more often you get so many of them, you can achieve it. I just think there are safer shots to go for and more important shots to aim for than the X targets.

#3039 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Also holding either flipper button for instant info doesn't work with the ball in the shooter lane, yes I know that's when you're selecting a song but you could still do it, that's the time I use that function mostly on other games.

I've noticed this issue as well on my Premium. It clearly says to hold the flipper button but that just changes your song selection between balls so this must be a bug.

#3040 5 years ago

Just chiming in to say that I love the premium. Without the ramp lift/scoop and the left ball lock, the game feels so much more empty. Worth the extra IMO.

#3041 5 years ago

I'd personally like to see the shatz target give you more for a successful shot - say possibly credit all outstanding x targets to lite 2x immediately, or at least count towards 2 targets or something. Otherwise I don't see much gain in shooting for it vs an actual target. Maybe I just suck at shatzing/don't trust that shot myself.

Getting to 3x could be left 1 for 1, but it somehow doesn't feel worth it as-is, at least on the 2x level.

#3042 5 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I'd personally like to see the shatz target give you more for a successful shot - say possibly credit all outstanding x targets to lite 2x immediately, or at least count towards 2 targets or something. Otherwise I don't see much gain in shooting for it vs an actual target. Maybe I just suck at shatzing/don't trust that shot myself.
Getting to 3x could be left 1 for 1, but it somehow doesn't feel worth it as-is, at least on the 2x level.

Is there an adjustment in the settings for this target? That would be nice, I'd go for it if it paid off more. Current setting makes sense if you're Keith Elwin...

#3043 5 years ago

Sometimes I find it easier to hit the graveyard target than the X in the pops. YMMV.

#3044 5 years ago

I put my deposit down today for a Pro. I'll be picking it up in about 2 weeks.
I have a question so I can be all set to play on day one. I picked up a subwoofer for the game as I did with my Metallica pro. I was under the impression that Iron Maiden has a line out built into it for speakers but my distributor couldn't seem to find one on the display model. Is there indeed a line out or will I he needing to place another order with pinnovators? Thanks.
Ps. Ordering the following right off the bat from Mezel. Pharoah blinder kit, Pharoah protector, gel inserts and the mummy plastic.
It's going to be a very Maiden Christmas at my house

#3045 5 years ago

Just on a whim, I added the logo that came with the Trooper figure. I twisted the pole that it comes with and made a "U" around the spotlight post under the washer and screw. I have yet to add some silicon to the logo end of the pole so the logo stays put.

1543299278795672521735072492684 (resized).jpg1543299278795672521735072492684 (resized).jpg15432993007502075235488495033562 (resized).jpg15432993007502075235488495033562 (resized).jpg
#3046 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I put my deposit down today for a Pro. I'll be picking it up in about 2 weeks.
I have a question so I can be all set to play on day one. I picked up a subwoofer for the game as I did with my Metallica pro. I was under the impression that Iron Maiden has a line out built into it for speakers but my distributor couldn't seem to find one on the display model. Is there indeed a line out or will I he needing to place another order with pinnovators? Thanks.
Ps. Ordering the following right off the bat from Mezel. Pharoah blinder kit, Pharoah protector, gel inserts and the mummy plastic.
It's going to be a very Maiden Christmas at my house

Depends on the model number of the board in the backbox. There is a line out for sub on SOME boards (not all) but you have to make your own connector to access it even if you have the "right" board series. There's information you need in the thread I made here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-on-board-amp-with-external-amp-for-iron-maiden

#3047 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Depends on the model number of the board in the backbox. There is a line out for sub on SOME boards (not all) but you have to make your own connector to access it even if you have the "right" board series. There's information you need in the thread I made here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-on-board-amp-with-external-amp-for-iron-maiden

I just ordered a pinnovators sub kit 2 minutes ago after a bit more reading. Hopefully no issues

#3048 5 years ago

Ok so I am picking up a nib premium tomorrow or Thursday depending on time. What are must haves as far as protectors and anything that may better the gameplay. I’ll work on deco mods soon but want the things I should definitely should have on order ASAP.
Thx

#3049 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Ok so I am picking up a nib premium tomorrow or Thursday depending on time. What are must haves as far as protectors and anything that may better the gameplay. I’ll work on deco mods soon but want the things I should definitely should have on order ASAP.
Thx

This is a must-have in my book:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-colored-mode-lens-tree-mod

#3050 5 years ago

Ha ha that’s funny I actually already have that sitting in a box at my house the only mod I bought so far

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/61?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.