(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 317.
#2951 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

For me personally, I notice myself getting soul shards when I focus on tasks one a time rather than stacking. i.e. playing hallowed, fear, or Icarus as single ball play rather than stacking them with mummy or trooper multiball. On the flip side, this also helps me achieve the mummy/trooper super jackpots to get their Tomb awards.

That 3-ring target is such an underrated mechanic. It’s used so much in the game and I love looking up at the display to see whether I got a 1x, 2x, 3x soul shard or whatever multiplier award comes from it like the mummy super. hell I got a 6x mummy super the other day and was ecstatic to both see the award displayed and hear a sixtuple call out.
You can tell the designer is the #1 player in the world, we all know that. But what I mean is a lot of focus of the praise on this game is on gameplay and rules; but there’s another element that really gets unnoticed and that is with the games synergy with doubling up shot direction; whether it’s the display + inserts dictating what you need to do to progress, or the display + a call out, or the inserts + a call out, or all 3! And Such good use of the display to show scoring too, hitting key shots and being able to easily see values for those shots at a moments notice. Those are the little things that get missed in most modern pins and why I feel IMDN and Keith + co absolutely hit a grand slam with this title.

Any chance you can explain how you achieve a 6x Mummy SJ?

#2952 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Any chance you can explain how you achieve a 6x Mummy SJ?

2x playfield + bullseye (3x)

#2953 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Does someone have the rubbers list for the pro model please?
I'm looking to make a titan order and want to make sure I get the right ones.
Thanks

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Also if anyone has changed their rubbers, I'd like to see how it looks if you have pics. I haven't decided on a colour yet.

I'm leaning toward Navy blue, Orange or a bit of a mix of the 2. I don't usually like to see mixed rubber colours but I feel there are spots that just work well with blue and some with Orange. Hell, I'm mildly thinking of putting 2 dark green post covers at the plane ramp to make it more obvious to my kid and guests

#2954 5 years ago

I love that bullseye shot (yea I already said that), but I’ll reitterate, there’s a lot of rules associated with it. And, I’ll have to double check when I get home, but think my high is 21 bullseyes in one game. Love the ego boosts high score tables for this game

#2955 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Does someone have the rubbers list for the pro model please?
I'm looking to make a titan order and want to make sure I get the right ones.
Thanks

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/iron-maiden/pro/2297/IronMaiden_Pro_web.pdf

Page 34

CA4E1493-CBBC-4FF1-A234-06A3CD59C313 (resized).jpegCA4E1493-CBBC-4FF1-A234-06A3CD59C313 (resized).jpeg
#2956 5 years ago

Perhaps someone else can confirm - I understand the post sleeves are apparently tapered, if I understand it correctly. You'll get significantly more airballs if you install regular sleeves. Just from what I recall reading in early discussions, I haven't changed them myself... Not sure if Titan or others offer those, but I've been curious what the options are there if accurate.

#2957 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Also if anyone has changed their rubbers, I'd like to see how it looks if you have pics. I haven't decided on a colour yet.

I did orange

#2958 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

1) I'm looking at ordering some Mylar instead of using any Cliffy or other protectors on this game. What areas have owners been protecting and with what products? My games don't see heavy usage. I haven't looked at the playfield yet to see what factory installed Mylar is already installed.
2) I'm putting together my order for new rubber rings but wondering if there is a difference between the PinballLife silicone rings and the Titan rings. I have some left over Titan but have order for shaker, etc with PinballLife so thought if the colors were the same to just place the 1 order with PinballLife if I could use my Titan leftovers with the PinballLife rings. I would like to use the translucent but they don't come in all the needed sizes it would appear.
3) when ordering post sleeves for IM, do I order Stern slim or standard? On Titan kit database I see conflicting use of both.

I'm happy with an entire playfield protector and Cliffy's at the trough eject/shooter lane, drop targets, and the underworld scoop beneath the ramp. You can install the playfield protector a lot easier with a single cut at the upper orbit and avoid removing the left ramp or mummy tomb ramp. That way, you can remove the flippers and right ramp alone, which is easy to do.

#2959 5 years ago

I’ve just had my Maiden Premium for a short while; but man does this pin kick serious ass.
It may go down as one of Stern’s finest efforts.
The rules, variety of shots, call outs, lighting and flow are simply amazing.
Love the lcd animations and non-stop high energy of the game-play.
It’s really too bad that those who don’t love Maiden as a band will ever give this a fair shake.
Stern simply knocked this pin out of the park.
Amazing game.

#2960 5 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Perhaps someone else can confirm - I understand the post sleeves are apparently tapered, if I understand it correctly. You'll get significantly more airballs if you install regular sleeves. Just from what I recall reading in early discussions, I haven't changed them myself... Not sure if Titan or others offer those, but I've been curious what the options are there if accurate.

Can't confirm if tapered, doubt it.

I CAN confirm that the most beat up post sleeve on mine was the one on the right of the center ramp. I replaced that one with a synthetic one and it resulted in SIGNIFICANTLY more airballs. I put a plain rubber, not tapered, one back on it and all is fine.

#2961 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I’ve just had my Maiden Premium for a short while; but man does this pin kick serious ass.
It may go down as one of Stern’s finest efforts.
The rules, variety of shots, call outs, lighting and flow are simply amazing.
Love the lcd animations and non-stop high energy of the game-play.
It’s really too bad that those who don’t love Maiden as a band will ever give this a fair shake.
Stern simply knocked this pin out of the park.
Amazing game.

I’m 6 months in and haven’t had any game sustain my interest like IMDN. I like it so much I’d buy the original Archer version if Stern did it.

#2963 5 years ago

Ten months away...

CF453BB3-F708-4FD6-85D3-97FB01770720 (resized).pngCF453BB3-F708-4FD6-85D3-97FB01770720 (resized).png
#2965 5 years ago

If you don't have the manual, go to Stern's website under the game and download it. It will tell you what all the rubbers are. I went with the dark blue titan rubbers on mine. I'll try and get a pic of them.

#2966 5 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Ten months away...[quoted image]

Toronto floors purchased and deposit paid on a pro.

20181114_002838 (resized).jpg20181114_002838 (resized).jpg

#2967 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

If you don't have the manual, go to Stern's website under the game and download it. It will tell you what all the rubbers are. I went with the dark blue titan rubbers on mine. I'll try and get a pic of them.

I'm thinking light blue lower playfield, orange upper playfield with purple post sleeve at the orb. Pics would be much appreciated.

#2968 5 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Yes, They are tapered. I don't know if Titan have made the sleeves tapered ?

In IMDN all sleeves are slim and tapered, and as suggested would reduce airballs.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/788

I guess Stern is using these slim tapered sleeves in all their games now ?

#2969 5 years ago

Someone told me that pro version of this game includes printed manual. Can anyone confirm? Past Stern practice has been printed manuals for prem and LE only. Thanks.

#2970 5 years ago

I got a printed manual with my pro

#2971 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm thinking light blue lower playfield, orange upper playfield with purple post sleeve at the orb. Pics would be much appreciated.

I did Dk. Blue for all the rubber rings. I left the flipper rubbers black as I was going to put toppers on them, but didn't like the quality of them when I got them. Jagged cuts and not rounded. I left the post sleeves as black doesn't look bad on this machine and they are tapered to reduce air balls and nobody makes them tapered that I know of. The purple from Titan and PBL are to light IMO. Superbands have a dark purple that I think would look great, but I didn't want that much bounce. I might still try them though. I also did the gel light inserts from Mezel Mods and it looks awesome. Way better than just the white mode lights.

IMG_0049 (resized).jpgIMG_0049 (resized).jpgIMG_0050 (resized).jpgIMG_0050 (resized).jpgIMG_0051 (resized).jpgIMG_0051 (resized).jpgPlay Field Lit Up (resized).jpgPlay Field Lit Up (resized).jpg
#2972 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Someone told me that pro version of this game includes printed manual. Can anyone confirm? Past Stern practice has been printed manuals for prem and LE only. Thanks.

"Manual" might be stretching it. They're more like pamphlets these days.

#2973 5 years ago

Does anyone pay attention to the beacon light while playing? I used try to, but not any more. It's supposed to act as a timer and also help indicate where you hit on the bullseye target.

Rob

#2974 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

"Manual" might be stretching it. They're more like pamphlets these days.

Ok thanks. Have not got my game yet. Went with a pro this time.

#2975 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I'm kinda curious about "Can I Play with Madness" mode that's only on the Prem/LE, but the Pro plays great.

#2976 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm kinda curious about "Can I Play with Madness" mode that's only on the Prem/LE, but the Pro plays great.

KME said he prefers the game with that mode turned off, using the Pro version +15M power jackpot instead for the 3rd tomb award.

#2977 5 years ago

Keith is a 100 times better than I am--it is a big deal for me to get to CIPWM, and it is a really fun mode.

#2978 5 years ago

Can I play with your penis is a pretty fun mode. I wouldn't turn it off.

#2980 5 years ago

Destroyed Trooper with a few killer 3x supers

Even with my crap auto launch
This game is off the chain !

20181114_190902 (resized).jpg20181114_190902 (resized).jpg
#2981 5 years ago

Here are a few

2E1E067E-3BA5-415F-9744-AA6098845848 (resized).jpeg2E1E067E-3BA5-415F-9744-AA6098845848 (resized).jpeg827223E1-FD54-4477-9347-1C7854CCAF4B (resized).jpeg827223E1-FD54-4477-9347-1C7854CCAF4B (resized).jpeg97A78BE9-565D-411D-BFD7-05C7553562D8 (resized).jpeg97A78BE9-565D-411D-BFD7-05C7553562D8 (resized).jpegA94A8922-2EEB-4E55-923C-51E63AB80B93 (resized).jpegA94A8922-2EEB-4E55-923C-51E63AB80B93 (resized).jpeg
#2982 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Congratulations! and welcome to the club.

The manual is supposed to be inside a bag stapled to the inside of your cabinet same as all your other games came NIB. If you do not get one, talk to your distro as it should come with the machine.

#2983 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Destroyed Trooper with a few killer 3x supers
Even with my crap auto launch
This game is off the chain ![quoted image]

Keep persisting!

I spent another 2 hours messing around with the auto launch and finally found the sweet spot and had 19/20 perfect in test.

Washer didn't work for me - I just had to keep tweaking prongs plus moving the screw until angle was correct.

A right pain!

#2984 5 years ago

Hi guys.
I'll admit right away, I haven't read the previous 2983 posts in this thread in search for my answer
so I'll come right to it; how or when do you get "Run to the Hills" multiball/mode ????

#2985 5 years ago

4th row in upper pavilion IRONS UPPED!
A little cornfused cause the tix were $124 apiece but my total, yes for BOTH tickets, was $199. Guessing had some Live Nation refund money? Not sure, not really caring. Cause I'm on the Steve Harris side baby WOOO

45835131_10155680171787051_155853234911576064_n (resized).jpg45835131_10155680171787051_155853234911576064_n (resized).jpg
#2986 5 years ago
Quoted from F348:

Hi guys.
I'll admit right away, I haven't read the previous 2983 posts in this thread in search for my answer
so I'll come right to it; how or when do you get "Run to the Hills" multiball/mode ????

« Spoiler! Click to reveal. 10 pharaoh tomb treasures I believe. »

#2987 5 years ago

My Pro was delivered today. Looks pretty good next to my Pac-Man themed MAME cabinet. Home arcade is beginning to shape up! The manual/auto plunger is definitely going to need some tweaking as it is currently all over the place, but so far, I'm thrilled!

IMG_1273 (resized).JPGIMG_1273 (resized).JPG

#2988 5 years ago

Stern needs to redesign their tournament button, so it doesn't stick out on the new cabs. I'd like to see a circular yellow one that sits flush like the start button.

#2989 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

« Spoiler! Click to reveal. »

Best of luck getting to that mode!

#2990 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Best of luck getting to that mode!

It can be done...

96A15F6A-394A-4D67-944E-CD6449B4BC11 (resized).jpeg96A15F6A-394A-4D67-944E-CD6449B4BC11 (resized).jpegEBA7EDC9-5A8B-4A3E-8C32-4B26E9D654E9 (resized).jpegEBA7EDC9-5A8B-4A3E-8C32-4B26E9D654E9 (resized).jpeg
#2991 5 years ago

Wow thats the first one I've seen to get to Run to the hills. You are a madman! Congrats!

#2992 5 years ago

That is something most of us will never see (due to lack of skill). I'd drop over dead if I made it to the 4th TA. Nice score!

#2993 5 years ago

I was excited just to make Madness Mode recently.

So much awesome depth to IMDN. was not even aware of Run to the hills, I thought NotB was wizard mode ?

#2994 5 years ago
20181115_194940 (resized).jpg20181115_194940 (resized).jpg
#2995 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

[quoted image]

How are you finding the post sleeves? Did you order stern slim? I'm apprehensive swapping the post sleeves as I've heard the tapered factory sleeve help minimize airballs. Have you noticed an increase in airballs? So far I've just picked flippers and slings. I may opt to leave much of it stock if it is affecting gameplay.
Did you do red sleeves at the right ramp or is it my eyes?

#2996 5 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

It can be done...[quoted image][quoted image]

bravo !!

#2997 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

How are you finding the post sleeves? Did you order stern slim? I'm apprehensive swapping the post sleeves as I've heard the tapered factory sleeve help minimize airballs. Have you noticed an increase in airballs? So far I've just picked flippers and slings. I may opt to leave much of it stock if it is affecting gameplay.

I've swapped mine out and the only ones that caused a concern (air balls) are the ones on the right ramp. Went back to the factory versions.

#2998 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

They are all orange. Just a crap photo. I haven't notice any more airballs, but the new rubbers do seem to be putting more spin on the ball.

#2999 5 years ago

What is the reason the both ends under the playfield have this shiny/glazed coating? Bare wood in the middle.

20181115_194118 (resized).jpg20181115_194118 (resized).jpg
#3000 5 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

It can be done...[quoted image][quoted image]

Holy crap. There’s gold in them hills!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/60?hl=pkrobin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.