(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,646 posts
  • 1,042 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 minutes ago by vikingerik
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8120 (resized).png
IMG_8121 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 313.
#2901 5 years ago

My best so far.

20181111_074911 (resized).jpg20181111_074911 (resized).jpg
#2902 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Pretty well in KOREA?! Is that a secret wizard mode?

Lol. I type these on my phone. Sweet jesus was that a bizarre auto correct!!!

#2903 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Soul shards dont unlock tomb treasure awards. Just doing pretty well in modes and multiballs does that. Soul shards are harder to achieve than just that.

You are incorrect.

Soul shards do light the tomb treasure awards. There are also other ways to light the tomb treasure, but one of them is most definitely by collecting a soul shard.

Here are the 11 ways to light the tomb treasure:

Fear of the Dark Soul Shard
Flight of Icarus Soul Shard
Aces High Soul Shard
Rime of the Ancient Mariner Soul Shard
Hallowed Be Thy Name Soul Shard
Collect a loop jackpot
Collect a 6-Way Combo
Mummy Super Jackpot
Trooper Super Jackpot
Complete Number of the Beast
Collect the “Level 2” versions of all 4 Eddie cards

#2904 5 years ago

I just joined the club with a Pro that should be arriving later this week for home use. Got the Stern HD glass, Stern shaker motor and headphone jack/volume control with it. As this is my first pin (I'm a mix of extremely excited and "dear god, what have I done..." ), I have a few questions regarding set up and care.

1. What do you all have your play fields leveled at? Reading through the thread, most have it set at 6.5-6.8. Is that the general consensus?

2. I've read that the balls that Stern supplies with the game aren't great. Should I switch them out immediately?

3. I've heard a few differing opinions on whether it's necessary to wax a brand new, home use only pin vs. just cleaning the play field regularly and changing out the balls once they start to get dull, scratched or pitted. Thoughts?

4. What play field cleaner is recommended? I've seen some recommend Novus 1

5. Recommendations on what to use to clean the HD glass? I understand that nothing with ammonia should be used

#2905 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Pretty well in KOREA?! Is that a secret wizard mode?

Lol

#2906 5 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

I just joined the club with a Pro that should be arriving later this week for home use. Got the Stern HD glass, Stern shaker motor and headphone jack/volume control with it. As this is my first pin (I'm a mix of extremely excited and "dear god, what have I done..." ), I have a few questions regarding set up and care.
1. What do you all have your play fields leveled at? Reading through the thread, most have it set at 6.5-6.8. Is that the general consensus?
2. I've read that the balls that Stern supplies with the game aren't great. Should I switch them out immediately?
3. I've heard a few differing opinions on whether it's necessary to wax a brand new, home use only pin vs. just cleaning the play field regularly and changing out the balls once they start to get dull, scratched or pitted. Thoughts?
5. Recommendations on what to use to clean the HD glass? I understand that nothing with ammonia should be used

Let me tell you what you have just done. You have just bought one of the best pinball machines that has ever been made and you're going to love it! You have also started a addiction that is going to end up costing you tens of thousands of dollars throughout your lifetime.

#1 that should be about the right incline for your playfield. i set mine according to the little bubble indicator beside the shooter lane.

#2 The balls from Stern have been pretty good recently, just look them over real good and make sure they arent pitted or anything and clean them off good before putting them in your game because pinballs come covered in light oil to prevent them from rusting. I would probably go ahead and order some better balls though from pinball life or ball baron.

#3 No need to wax your playfield when its new, clean it if its dirty but it is probably ok right out of the box. I change my balls every year, 6 months if the game gets heavy use. I also check them everytime i clean the game which is about every 250-300 plays.

#4 i use Novus 1, spray it in a rag and wipe the playfield, dont spray the cleaner directly on the playfield. If you have ball trails you can clean them up with some Novus 2. Novus 2 is also ok down the road if the playfield gets really dirty all over and you need to give the entire playfield a good cleaning.

#5 I have no idea how to clean the HD glass sorry.

#6 CONGRATS AND ENJOY YOUR NEW GAME!!

#2907 5 years ago

Clean the glass with a glass cleaner which does NOT have Ammonia. That means Windex should be thrown away. Many glass cleaners do not use Ammonia, just read the label. That’s the main requirement. A lot of people use this “purple magic” stuff so you may want to look for that

#2908 5 years ago

I just joined the club!!! I love this game!!

6BA4FA0E-A4D3-4A1E-8E3D-E9B363230EE5 (resized).jpeg6BA4FA0E-A4D3-4A1E-8E3D-E9B363230EE5 (resized).jpeg
#2909 5 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

I use a house mix of 50% isopropyl and 50% water for HD glass and have for years. This is what the cleaner for eyeglasses is made of, except they use distilled water. If you're going to put it in your eye or in your bum, I recommend the distilled water.

#2910 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Clean the glass with a glass cleaner which does NOT have Ammonia. That means Windex should be thrown away. Many glass cleaners do not use Ammonia, just read the label. That’s the main requirement. A lot of people use this “purple magic” stuff so you may want to look for that

You can use the Vinegar windex on Invisa glass

CE77B7ED-AB79-4001-AF6A-B2307A05E963 (resized).pngCE77B7ED-AB79-4001-AF6A-B2307A05E963 (resized).png
#2911 5 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

I use glass plus or sparkle which is the purple stuff.

#2912 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I use glass plus or sparkle which is the purple stuff.

Sparkle purple is good. Sparkle green is not. I like Sprayway, too.

#2913 5 years ago

I just got a 750 million GC on my game.

I think the soul shard lighting could be more apparent by having the main RGB insert below the ramp being a unique color.

Rob

#2914 5 years ago

Joined the premium club this weekend. Upgraded from a pro. Not sure I am liking the red g.i. Anyone else upgrade from a pro and feel the same?

F096E4E4-66C6-41A1-8450-D4A6128E5F9F (resized).jpegF096E4E4-66C6-41A1-8450-D4A6128E5F9F (resized).jpeg
#2915 5 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Joined the premium club this weekend. Upgraded from a pro. Not sure I am liking the red g.i. Anyone else upgrade from a pro and feel the same? [quoted image]

I didnt think i would like the red gi but it doesn't bother me any. Too much action going on to even notice.

#2916 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

You are incorrect.
Soul shards do light the tomb treasure awards. There are also other ways to light the tomb treasure, but one of them is most definitely by collecting a soul shard.
Here are the 11 ways to light the tomb treasure:
Fear of the Dark Soul Shard
Flight of Icarus Soul Shard
Aces High Soul Shard
Rime of the Ancient Mariner Soul Shard
Hallowed Be Thy Name Soul Shard
Collect a loop jackpot
Collect a 6-Way Combo
Mummy Super Jackpot
Trooper Super Jackpot
Complete Number of the Beast
Collect the “Level 2” versions of all 4 Eddie cards

Dude, I literally just played and you're incorrect. I did okay in a few modes and got the Pharoah tomb treasure lit without soul shards coming up. Unless it's a difference between pro and premium?

Yes, if you get soul shards, it lights the PTT. But no, you dont have to light do THAT well to light those up.

#2917 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Dude, I literally just played and you're incorrect. I did okay in a few modes and got the Pharoah tomb treasure lit without soul shards coming up. Unless it's a difference between pro and premium?
Yes, if you get soul shards, it lights the PTT. But no, you dont have to light do THAT well to light those up.

I literally posted the 11 ways to light the tomb treasure award. They are accurate. I can't help any further.

#2918 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

I literally posted the 11 ways to light the tomb treasure award. They are accurate. I can't help any further.

You can also “spot soul shard” from a level 3 mystery award, but only after you’ve played 2 minutes To Midnite.

#2919 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Moron alert. I am deleting my post because I'm a moron! Lol you're absolutely right my friend.

#2920 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Well... it's okay that you're wrong man. Shit happens. I'll meet you in the middle and say maybe it's a difference between pro and premium, but you do NOT have to get soul shards in modes in order to unlock the Pharaoh's Tomb Treasures award shot. Would you like me to make a video of it for you?
To expand further, as to not be a dick, yes: getting shards after a mode DOES light it. I'm saying you don't have to on some and still get them lit.

My guess is that you are getting either the loop jackpot or super jackpot completed and confusing it with the mode.

#2921 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Well... it's okay that you're wrong man. Shit happens. I'll meet you in the middle and say maybe it's a difference between pro and premium, but you do NOT have to get soul shards in modes in order to unlock the Pharaoh's Tomb Treasures award shot. Would you like me to make a video of it for you?
To expand further, as to not be a dick, yes: getting shards after a mode DOES light it. I'm saying you don't have to on some and still get them lit.

Think it's you who are wrong! You DO have to get soul shards in the modes....

Aces High

Soul Shard goal: Collect the Super Jackpot

2 ball multi-ball.
Stage 1: destroy 4 fighters. Shoot blue arrow shots to defeat a fighter.
Stage 2: defeat 2 bombers. Shoot a ramp to lock on, then shoot the center bulls-eye shot to destroy a bomber.
Stage 3: defeat the ace. Shoot the strobing shot to lock on, then shoot the center bulls-eye shot within 5 seconds to destroy the ace.
Increased scoring from better accuracy on bulls-eye shots.
One add-a-ball is available from your first Mystery award shot at the Orb.

There are two ego awards for Aces High: (1) for most kills – the # of planes you shot down, and (2) highest mode score.

Fear of the Dark (this is the first mode lit in Competition Settings)

Soul Shard goal: Complete three spinner rips

Woohoo! A rip the lit spinner mode!
Four shots are lit with purple arrows. Completing any one of them lights the Spinners for a ton of points for one spinner rip (the REVIVE spinner scores 2x the value displayed). The more difficult the shot, the higher the base spinner value:

Ramps = 250K.
Big loop = 350K.
Mini loop = 500K (and the weak mini loop initial return out through the L orbit does NOT count as your spinner shot. Bravo!)
When you rip a lit spinner, it will unlight after it stops spinning and is no longer available for the lit spinner points (similar to many Classic Stern lit spinner rules). You may get BOTH spinners going during one “rip” – but it’s very difficult to execute! Once your spinner(s) stops spinning, the purple shots relight and the sequence starts over. The mode is completed after your 3rd spinner rip.

After each purple starter shot, you may also choose to shoot the R ramp once to double your next spinner value. This does not automatically double if the right ramp was your first shot; you must shoot it twice to get the doubler.

There are two ego awards for FOTD: (1) for the highest amount of spins in this mode, and (2) highest mode score.

Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Soul Shard goal: Collect the Port and Starboard (Super) Jackpots

Center shot is lit to shoot down the albatross and collect a hurry-up counting down (quickly!) from 1M. Shoot center shot to lock in this value as your MB Shot Value and start a 2-ball multiball.
During multiball, one side’s shots (left or right) will be lit at a time. Shoot the lit shots to score your Shot Value (+500K increments) and move the lit shots toward the center, until the Ctr Ramp is lit for a bulls-eye shot. Progress is on a timer, so if you go too long without making another shot, your ship (and your shots) will be blown off course away from center.
Shooting the lit bulls-eye shot will score a jackpot based on the sum of your shot scoring, and multiplied by your accuracy on the bulls-eye. If there are still non-Ctr ramp shots lit, you can continue shooting those to increase the value of your jackpot (the Ctr Ramp arrow won’t “move past” it by over-steering).
There is an ego award for highest Rime MB score.

Hallowed Be Thy Name

Soul Shard goal: Break free

Complete objectives in order as quickly as possible.

Shoot any one orange arrow (3M)
Shoot the captive ball (5M)
Shoot another remaining orange arrow (3M)
Complete all of the drop targets (10M)
Shoot the center ramp (10M + Completion Score)
Completion score based on how much time is remaining in the mode when you finish – I believe it’s 1M per second remaining.

There are two ego awards for Hallowed mode: (1) the quickest time the mode is completed, and (2) highest mode score.

Flight of Icarus

Soul Shard goal: Score at least 20 million in mode points

Shoot alternating lit ramps, scoring 1M (+250K increment for each ramp shot, lit or unlit). Combo ramps on a 5 second timer for incremental multiplied scoring (ex: 1st combo at 2x, 2nd at 3x, etc).

There is an ego award for highest Icarus mode score.

#2922 5 years ago

Guys, I come back humbled. I played some more this morning and you're right. I didnt get a pharaohs tomb treasure this time on ROTAM. It must have been a combo or loop jackpot or something.

I'm so sorry. You guys are right! Please forgive my stupidity.

#2923 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Aces High
2 ball multi-ball.
Stage 2: defeat 2 bombers. Shoot a ramp to lock on, then shoot the center bulls-eye shot to destroy a bomber.
Stage 3: defeat the ace. Shoot the strobing shot to lock on, then shoot the center bulls-eye shot within 5 seconds to destroy the ace.
There are two ego awards for Aces High: (1) for most kills – the # of planes you shot down, and (2) highest mode score.
Four shots are lit with purple arrows. Completing any one of them lights the Spinners for a ton of points for one spinner rip (the REVIVE spinner scores 2x the value displayed). The more difficult the shot, the higher the base spinner value:
Ramps = 250K.
Big loop = 350K.
Mini loop = 500K (and the weak mini loop initial return out through the L orbit does NOT count as your spinner shot. Bravo!)
When you rip a lit spinner, it will unlight after it stops spinning and is no longer available for the lit spinner points (similar to many Classic Stern lit spinner rules). You may get BOTH spinners going during one “rip” – but it’s very difficult to execute! Once your spinner(s) stops spinning, the purple shots relight and the sequence starts over. The mode is completed after your 3rd spinner rip.
After each purple starter shot, you may also choose to shoot the R ramp once to double your next spinner value. This does not automatically double if the right ramp was your first shot; you must shoot it twice to get the doubler.
There are two ego awards for FOTD: (1) for the highest amount of spins in this mode, and (2) highest mode score.
Center shot is lit to shoot down the albatross and collect a hurry-up counting down (quickly!) from 1M. Shoot center shot to lock in this value as your MB Shot Value and start a 2-ball multiball.
During multiball, one side’s shots (left or right) will be lit at a time. Shoot the lit shots to score your Shot Value (+500K increments) and move the lit shots toward the center, until the Ctr Ramp is lit for a bulls-eye shot. Progress is on a timer, so if you go too long without making another shot, your ship (and your shots) will be blown off course away from center.
Shooting the lit bulls-eye shot will score a jackpot based on the sum of your shot scoring, and multiplied by your accuracy on the bulls-eye. If there are still non-Ctr ramp shots lit, you can continue shooting those to increase the value of your jackpot (the Ctr Ramp arrow won’t “move past” it by over-steering).
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Completion score based on how much time is remaining in the mode when you finish – I believe it’s 1M per second remaining.
There are two ego awards for Hallowed mode: (1) the quickest time the mode is completed, and (2) highest mode score.
Flight of Icarus
Shoot alternating lit ramps, scoring 1M (+250K increment for each ramp shot, lit or unlit). Combo ramps on a 5 second timer for incremental multiplied scoring (ex: 1st combo at 2x, 2nd at 3x, etc).

You've also just described why this pin is so damn good.

It's the best combo of layout and rules in years, without being too difficult. TWD is up there, but it's a lot tougher and has BS magnet drains.

Overall TWD might be better, but for me Maiden is much more fun.

#2924 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Aces High
2 ball multi-ball.
Ramps = 250K.
Big loop = 350K.
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Flight of Icarus

Firstly, if you're going to just cut and paste from another website it's probably polite to at least reference that you stole it.

Secondly, the original point was about lighting Tomb Treasures, which most certainly DO NOT have to be lit from Soul Shards. There are 7 different ways of lighting a Tomb Treasure not related to completing a mode for a Soul Shard.

Finally, you do not have to complete a mode to get a Soul Shard - you can get one from a Lv3 Mystery award.

#2925 5 years ago

I think I’m even more confused
So I looked it up. According to the Wikipedia ruleset from tilt forums, these are the ways to get Tomb treasures:

« Spoiler! Click to reveal.
1. Fear of the Dark Soul Shard
2. Flight of Icarus Soul Shard
3. Aces High Soul Shard
4. Rime of the Ancient Mariner Soul Shard
5. Hallowed Be Thy Name Soul Shard
6. Collect a loop jackpot
7. Collect a 6-Way Combo
8. Mummy Super Jackpot
9. Trooper Super Jackpot
10. Complete Number of the Beast
11. Collect the “Level 2” versions of all 4 Eddie cards
»

According to what you guys are saying, there’s a twelfth via mystery orb level 3 which I believe can only be obtained if you’ve defeated the beast and have gotten all 5 soul shards.

And Keith also said this in tilt forums:

sk8ball
Current Or Former World Pinball ChampionJul 12
One soul shard once per game and 1 lvl2 spot per game. But just to get the tomb award 9 card spot you need all soul shards and defeated the beast.

#2926 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think I’m even more confused
So I looked it up. According to the Wikipedia ruleset from tilt forums, these are the ways to get Tomb treasures:
« Spoiler! Click to reveal.
1. Fear of the Dark Soul Shard
2. Flight of Icarus Soul Shard
3. Aces High Soul Shard
4. Rime of the Ancient Mariner Soul Shard
5. Hallowed Be Thy Name Soul Shard
6. Collect a loop jackpot
7. Collect a 6-Way Combo
8. Mummy Super Jackpot
9. Trooper Super Jackpot
10. Complete Number of the Beast
11. Collect the “Level 2” versions of all 4 Eddie cards
»
According to what you guys are saying, there’s a twelfth via mystery orb level 3 which I believe can only be obtained if you’ve defeated the beast and have gotten all 5 soul shards.
And Keith also said this in tilt forums:
sk8ball
Current Or Former World Pinball ChampionJul 12
One soul shard once per game and 1 lvl2 spot per game. But just to get the tomb award 9 card spot you need all soul shards and defeated the beast.

Exact same list that I posted in this thread yesterday lol. Aaron correctly pointed out that the soul shard mystery award is missing from the tiltforums list. /confusion

#2927 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Exact same list that I posted in this thread yesterday lol. Aaron correctly pointed out that the soul shard mystery award is missing from the tiltforums list. /confusion

Lol! I Missed that. I wish there was an easy way to add a post to the index key. From my understanding, only mods can do it? Which pretty much means this info will get lost in the dust for others to see in the future; but on a positive note the current indexed key post for the ruleset says there’s 8 Tomb awards to be unearthed. #maiden-confusion

#2928 5 years ago

I just purchased my first NIB, Iron Maiden Pro. Seems to work great aside from one issue. Once I lock say a ball 3, really it's just the one ball locked, then the other 2 balls are supposed to shoot out and get captured with the others. However what usually happens is when ball 2 or 3 gets launched it hits the upper left flipper and doesn't make it up. Unless I hold my left flipper then it will make it up. Has anyone has this issue before? Is something set too high with too much power? Thanks.

#2929 5 years ago
Quoted from luckyjab:

I just purchased my first NIB, Iron Maiden Pro. Seems to work great aside from one issue. Once I lock say a ball 3, really it's just the one ball locked, then the other 2 balls are supposed to shoot out and get captured with the others. However what usually happens is when ball 2 or 3 gets launched it hits the upper left flipper and doesn't make it up. Unless I hold my left flipper then it will make it up. Has anyone has this issue before? Is something set too high with too much power? Thanks.

Pretty common on this game, unfortunately. There are about a million posts on pinside with users trying to solve this issue. Lots of good info in the 'Iron Maiden issues' thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues

I have the issue as well, and I am going to try a suggested fix that I read about on here: put a washer under the shooter rail adjustment tab. Seems to be working for a few people lately.

#2930 5 years ago

Thanks

#2931 5 years ago

Looking for opinions on lighted flipper buttons on the premium. I'm trying to decide on what color might complement the game best before PinballLife order.

#2932 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Looking for opinions on lighted flipper buttons on the premium. I'm trying to decide on what color might complement the game best before PinballLife order.

Blue or yellow. I'd go with blue personally, especially if you changed out the T-molding on the front of the head to the much-better-looking light blue that matches the art.

https://www.t-molding.com/blue-t-molding.html

#2933 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

...but on a positive note the current indexed key post for the ruleset says there’s 8 Tomb awards to be unearthed. #maiden-confusion

Eight? I had to bust ass and get super lucky just to finally get to three! I was thinking about this the other day--maybe Keith will step back and see that the majority of us are never gonna get past 30% of what was coded into the game. Give me a "dumb-down" menu option so I can at least see half of what you did.

#2934 5 years ago

Anybody know how I can attach this mod to my game?!

EFBE5065-CE5E-4BF4-9CE0-3E949FE5B47D (resized).jpegEFBE5065-CE5E-4BF4-9CE0-3E949FE5B47D (resized).jpeg
#2935 5 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Joined the premium club this weekend. Upgraded from a pro. Not sure I am liking the red g.i. Anyone else upgrade from a pro and feel the same? [quoted image]

I changed out the red GI lights on my LE,looks way better now.
You can see the art better on the plastics. Better lighting for the playfield to.

#2936 5 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I changed out the red GI lights on my LE,looks way better now.
You can see the art better on the plastics. Better lighting for the playfield to.

Post a pic

#2937 5 years ago

Mylar was coming up in the back loop. Asked Stern about it and they sent me a replacement for free! I forgot to take a picture before I removed it but you can see that it was bubbling up pretty bad.

3FED35C3-C7F7-4046-A8DD-5FB1F429C41B (resized).jpeg3FED35C3-C7F7-4046-A8DD-5FB1F429C41B (resized).jpeg60308F0B-CD40-45C6-98EB-2DF92D47FF38 (resized).jpeg60308F0B-CD40-45C6-98EB-2DF92D47FF38 (resized).jpeg
#2938 5 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Mylar was coming up in the back loop. Asked Stern about it and they sent me a replacement for free! I forgot to take a picture before I removed it but you can see that it was bubbling up pretty bad.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is it just cheap mylar? Mine is doing the same.

#2939 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I went with orange for my premium, plus changed the rails.

DSC03909 (resized).JPGDSC03909 (resized).JPG
#2940 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I went with orange for my premium, plus changed the rails.
[quoted image]

But that T-molding...ugh. Gotsta go with the light blue to class it up!

#2941 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But that T-molding...ugh. Gotsta go with the light blue to class it up!

On the head? i was actually thinking about maybe going chrome. The guy who runs Pinballplating over your side of the pond offers Lollipop rails in chrome and also the back box brackets but i don't think he does the lock down bars for these later Sterns. Otherwise i would have gone for the full chrome look

#2942 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

On the head? i was actually thinking about maybe going chrome. The guy who runs Pinballplating over your side of the pond offers Lollipop rails in chrome and also the back box brackets but i don't think he does the lock down bars for these later Sterns. Otherwise i would have gone for the full chrome look

Yeah, it ties together the look instead of sticking out like a sore thumb like the banana yellow T-molding does that doesn't match (or even compliment) at all. So did you replace with chrome armor already? Seems like chrome t-molding would be one color too many, like the banana yellow is now.

Here are two pics people posted. One with red t-molding and the other comparing blue to the stock yellow. The blue looks the classiest IMO.

blue-yellow-t-molding (resized).jpgblue-yellow-t-molding (resized).jpgred-t-molding (resized).jpgred-t-molding (resized).jpg

#2943 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So did you replace with chrome armor already

Nahhh i haven't but sure thought about doing it. Not being able to match with a chrome lock down bar put me off, using the standard black powder coated bar with chrome rails would look out of place. I kinda disagree about one colour too many although i understand where you are coming from with that thought. I think chrome works well on most machines as a neutrality between any colour cab decals and the play field art/translite art. For example : Fish Tales has a lot of orange/red on the cab but looks fantastic with some nice new chrome armor and lock down bar and brackets, especially the one i spotted that had matching chrome back box trim. The combo works with most B/W games to be honest. I'm just not a huge fan of powder coating everything but i must admit that some colours do match up very well on certain machines.

#2944 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Is it just cheap mylar? Mine is doing the same.

Not sure. It is a high impact area with the ball coming down on it from the target shot, and the orbit shots. I am happy that Stern made it right and without any further questions.

Wasn't too hard to replace. I removed the left ramp and the "backboard" to make it easier to get to.

#2945 5 years ago

1) I'm looking at ordering some Mylar instead of using any Cliffy or other protectors on this game. What areas have owners been protecting and with what products? My games don't see heavy usage. I haven't looked at the playfield yet to see what factory installed Mylar is already installed.

2) I'm putting together my order for new rubber rings but wondering if there is a difference between the PinballLife silicone rings and the Titan rings. I have some left over Titan but have order for shaker, etc with PinballLife so thought if the colors were the same to just place the 1 order with PinballLife if I could use my Titan leftovers with the PinballLife rings. I would like to use the translucent but they don't come in all the needed sizes it would appear.

3) when ordering post sleeves for IM, do I order Stern slim or standard? On Titan kit database I see conflicting use of both.

#2946 5 years ago

I'm getting a Pro (and a shaker if they are in stock) next month.
Would the Pharoah protector be a wise investment? Do the edges take a bit of a beating? I've only played a few games and all the ramp shots seemed to be on target but I could see some weird angles damaging the back. Thoughts?

#2947 5 years ago

As far as the Soul Shard thing goes, the only times I have ever gotten to Play with Madness (twice) is when I got a Soul Shard (one game I got two somehow). It sure makes it much easier to get to the third tomb treasure if nothing else.

The worst feeling--missing your chance at a Soul Shard when it (finally) pops up. The best--nailing the bastard! Wish the ball would stop so I could celebrate and jump up and down!

#2948 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Eight? I had to bust ass and get super lucky just to finally get to three! I was thinking about this the other day--maybe Keith will step back and see that the majority of us are never gonna get past 30% of what was coded into the game. Give me a "dumb-down" menu option so I can at least see half of what you did.

For me personally, I notice myself getting soul shards when I focus on tasks one a time rather than stacking. i.e. playing hallowed, fear, or Icarus as single ball play rather than stacking them with mummy or trooper multiball. On the flip side, this also helps me achieve the mummy/trooper super jackpots to get their Tomb awards.

Quoted from Billy16:

As far as the Soul Shard thing goes, the only times I have ever gotten to Play with Madness (twice) is when I got a Soul Shard (one game I got two somehow). It sure makes it much easier to get to the third tomb treasure if nothing else.
The worst feeling--missing your chance at a Soul Shard when it (finally) pops up. The best--nailing the bastard! Wish the ball would stop so I could celebrate and jump up and down!

That 3-ring target is such an underrated mechanic. It’s used so much in the game and I love looking up at the display to see whether I got a 1x, 2x, 3x soul shard or whatever multiplier award comes from it like the mummy super. hell I got a 6x mummy super the other day and was ecstatic to both see the award displayed and hear a sixtuple call out.

You can tell the designer is the #1 player in the world, we all know that. But what I mean is a lot of focus of the praise on this game is on gameplay and rules; but there’s another element that really gets unnoticed and that is with the games synergy with doubling up shot direction; whether it’s the display + inserts dictating what you need to do to progress, or the display + a call out, or the inserts + a call out, or all 3! And Such good use of the display to show scoring too, hitting key shots and being able to easily see values for those shots at a moments notice. Those are the little things that get missed in most modern pins and why I feel IMDN and Keith + co absolutely hit a grand slam with this title.

#2949 5 years ago

Does someone have the rubbers list for the pro model please?
I'm looking to make a titan order and want to make sure I get the right ones.
Thanks

#2950 5 years ago

Also if anyone has changed their rubbers, I'd like to see how it looks if you have pics. I haven't decided on a colour yet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
6,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 26.50
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 15,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/59?hl=wcbu64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.