(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,786 posts - Hot topic!
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 minutes ago by Sorokyl
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
Ironmaidenshipped (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_182738510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_165233504 (resized).jpg
20240407_164052@4 (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4950 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,786 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 316.
#2851 5 years ago

Just bought the pingraffix ones today. Not sure if I regret my decision or not.

#2852 5 years ago

Maiden Premium just arrived today, absolutely amazing pin.
What an adrenaline rush.
Can’t wait to put some serious time on it.

B70BEE25-0369-498E-B44D-5FF229C22B0E (resized).jpegB70BEE25-0369-498E-B44D-5FF229C22B0E (resized).jpegB73FA38A-2077-457E-807D-6CAD8B461E55 (resized).jpegB73FA38A-2077-457E-807D-6CAD8B461E55 (resized).jpeg
#2853 5 years ago

It's pure action.

Quoted from JMK:

absolutely amazing pin.

#2854 5 years ago

Supreme Iron Maiden topper sound activated if anyone is interested pm me

#2855 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

In case anyone was waiting for them, Stern have art blades, a powerslave mummy eddie shooter knob, and two types of side-armor (union jack or mummy fist) up on their website. No toppers, though.

Pretty small pics on the site. I'd love to see the mummy fist side armor installed to see how it looks against a pro cab. I like the blades too.

#2856 5 years ago

I want to get a shaker for Iron Maiden but don’t know much about them. Any recommendations on which one to get? Are they all the same?

#2857 5 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

I want to get a shaker for Iron Maiden but don’t know much about them. Any recommendations on which one to get? Are they all the same?

The shakers from pinball life are really nice.

#2858 5 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

They are not the same. I personally like the pinball life ones, but as long as you NEVER get a Red Tremor, you will always be pleased with the shaker motor you choose. Red Tremor is the only shaker motor I actively discourage people from getting. It makes a very unpleasant jackhammer-like shaking and is not nice even when tweaked.

Pinball life shaker:
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

Get some lollipop rails there while you're at it:
https://www.pinballlife.com/black-button-guard-side-rails-for-stern.html

#2859 5 years ago

Just set my premium up out of the box and the left upper flipper rubber was cut for some reason. I typically replace all black rubber in my new games regardless so was wondering if people can give their recommendations on color they've used and show some pictures.

#2860 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Just set my premium up out of the box and the left upper flipper rubber was cut for some reason. I typically replace all black rubber in my new games regardless so was wondering if people can give their recommendations on color they've used and show some pictures.

I went blue perfectplay rubber with a Pro. Should look good on a premium, too.

#2861 5 years ago

Don’t buy the pinball life knock off shacker motor. You just paid almost $6,000 (or over $7,000) for a game, what’s another $50 for an official part. Pinball life sells those as well.

Also don’t buy button protector guard rails, get the clear button protector guards if your worried about it.

https://www.pinballlife.com/pinguard-flipper-button-wear-protector-set.html

Save $55, and a chunk of side art.

#2862 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Also don’t buy button protector guard rails, get the clear button protector guards if your worried about it.

The amount of artwork hidden by Lollipop rails is minor really and certainly not any of the main art. I'd prefer the rails over stick on guards that could quite likely damage the cab decal later on if or when needed to be removed

#2863 5 years ago

I bought my shaker directly from Stern. $100

#2864 5 years ago

I hooked up a Coin Taker red tremor and it spun non-stop as soon as I turned on the power on the machine. Does anyone know what could cause that?

#2865 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Don’t buy the pinball life knock off shacker motor. You just paid almost $6,000 (or over $7,000) for a game, what’s another $50 for an official part. Pinball life sells those as well.

Why would you buy a mylar STICKER to put around your cabinet buttons? I generally try to only make reversible additions, and mylar does not fall into that category. There's a reason Stern uses the lollipop rails on their factory LE machines (and used to give them to you on Premiums, too). The amount of art obscured around the flipper buttons is minimal.

We've put pinball life shaker motors in 70% of the machines that go out on route and get hard use and never had a problem. The only reason it's not 100% is initially we were using Sterns.

#2866 5 years ago

Can someone point me to a rules write up? The playfield isn't very intuitive (or maybe it's me!) But I'm trying to understand how the song selection works in conjunction with the playfield song inserts or if they're related at all. After playing several games after set up, I was able to light up several of the song inserts but have no idea how I did it haha
Also, how does the center eye take the beating of a metal ball hitting it over and over?

#2868 5 years ago

It's perfectly reversible, but whatever. Again, it's $50 more for the official non ripoff shaker motor, but your an OP, so maybe what's right for you isn't right for all collectors. Also, I must be the only one who triggers when people call button guard side rails lollipop rails...

Quoted from PinMonk:

Why would you buy a mylar STICKER to put around your cabinet buttons?

Quoted from PinMonk:

Why would you buy a mylar STICKER to put around your cabinet buttons? I generally try to only make reversible additions, and mylar does not fall into that category. There's a reason Stern uses the lollipop rails on their factory LE machines (and used to give them to you on Premiums, too). The amount of art obscured around the flipper buttons is minimal.
We've put pinball life shaker motors in 70% of the machines that go out on route and get hard use and never had a problem. The only reason it's not 100% is initially we were using Sterns.

#2869 5 years ago

I've never had anything but good luck with Pinball Life shakers--knock off or not.

#2870 5 years ago

THEY'RRRRE BACKKKK!!!
Aug 24th in Indy, prob hit Cincy show too.
UP THE FUCKIN IRON!!!
45698420_10155680079532051_4478557086111760384_o (resized).jpg45698420_10155680079532051_4478557086111760384_o (resized).jpg

#2871 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It's perfectly reversible, but whatever. Again, it's $50 more for the official non ripoff shaker motor, but your an OP, so maybe what's right for you isn't right for all collectors. Also, I must be the only one who triggers when people call button guard side rails lollipop rails...

I'm actually operator-adjacent since I only maintain the pins on an operator's route, but anyone that has bought one that we've taken off-route can attest that the machines are in premium, home-use like condition due to the bulletproofing I do, including the rails. I prize maximum protection and easy reversibility, and lollipop rails are a primary tool for that.

#2872 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Can someone point me to a rules write up? The playfield isn't very intuitive (or maybe it's me!) But I'm trying to understand how the song selection works in conjunction with the playfield song inserts or if they're related at all. After playing several games after set up, I was able to light up several of the song inserts but have no idea how I did it haha
Also, how does the center eye take the beating of a metal ball hitting it over and over?

All you need to know about selecting the MODE songs is to hit that spinner on the lower left. That moves the song mode selection (until you have it locked in by getting EDDIE spelled, where it will not move until that mode is played starting with the center ramp). It's not very precise, but you can move the selector that way. The initial song selection when the game starts is just what you want to listen to, it has no impact on what mode is lit first, unlike, say, AC/DC.

#2873 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

If you're asking about the INITIAL song selection (before you plunge ball 1), it has no impact on the game - it's just your background music.

#2874 5 years ago

Anyone have issues where when a ball starts it auto selects the song thus negating the skill shot?

Edit: happens maybe 40-50% of the time

#2875 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Anyone have issues where when a ball starts it auto selects the song thus negating the skill shot?

Sounds like you have a flakey switch somewhere on the pf. Could try going into switch test and banging the pf lightly to see which one it is.

#2876 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Could be any switch but its most likely your Clairvoyant newton ball orb switch. The hex stem under the playfield has probably loosened up. I had to put some blue loctite on mine because it kept coming loose.

#2877 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Glass off. Put the game in switch test mode. Smack the playfield firmly with the palm of your hand many places and see if it triggers a switch, and which one. It will likely be the newton ball one. Fix that switch.

If none are triggered, it's likely the shooter lane switch is being triggered and then untriggered when the ball comes in hard. Adjust the wire and also set your trough eject power so the ball just makes it into the trough. The factory setting is way too hard.

#2878 5 years ago

I prefer Mylar over lollipop rails. I find the rails a bit ugly, rings scratch them and Mylar is cheaper, easier and lasts forever.

#2879 5 years ago

Thank you for the help guys, will test when I’m home. Now that I think about it every now and then mummy seems to finish spelling without being hit. I have the premium. I’ll look into that switch too

#2880 5 years ago

Stern art blades installed.
Looks good I think.

51216BD0-42AF-4C6A-8E68-03591DAF0710 (resized).jpeg51216BD0-42AF-4C6A-8E68-03591DAF0710 (resized).jpeg0388B28C-5633-4C5A-9936-5A558A461C13 (resized).jpeg0388B28C-5633-4C5A-9936-5A558A461C13 (resized).jpeg6CECEFD8-CAD2-47C1-8CBD-882296699942 (resized).jpeg6CECEFD8-CAD2-47C1-8CBD-882296699942 (resized).jpeg
#2881 5 years ago

Those look very cool. They extend the playfield themes up the side of the game. Awesome execution.

#2882 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Nothing wrong with the pinball life shakers. I’ve used them in all of the Sterns, I’ve owned. Never had a problem.

#2883 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Thank you for the help guys, will test when I’m home. Now that I think about it every now and then mummy seems to finish spelling without being hit. I have the premium. I’ll look into that switch too

Yes that is the same type problem switch. Very crappy design.

#2884 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

THEY'RRRRE BACKKKK!!!
UP THE FCKN IRONS!!!
[quoted image]

YESSSSSS!! I'll be at the Atlanta show July 20th for sure. Awesome! I was hoping they'd make it here in 2019 for a rumored LOTB continuation, but didn't think it would be that huge and make it nearby. \m/

Can't f#+&ing wait.

#2885 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

THEY'RRRRE BACKKKK!!!
UP THE FCKN IRONS!!!
[quoted image]

Buffalo ny August 13th

#2886 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes that is the same type problem switch. Very crappy design.

When the ball mechanism is adjusted right, it works really well. I think the leaf switch should have been longer so it wouldn't need such a precise adjustment.

Rob

#2887 5 years ago

Help!!! Went to install new shooter rod, and when I lifted the play field, this screw fell into the cabinet. It looks like and adjustment screw, but for the life of me I cannot find where it goes. I looked over everything but nothing seems to be missing. Any ideas?

Mystery Screw (resized).jpgMystery Screw (resized).jpg
#2888 5 years ago

Check your drop targets adjusters. Check the adjuster on both of the vertical lock pins. Mine were all less than finger tight and would eventually have fallen out.

Quoted from Supersquid:

Help!!! Went to install new shooter rod, and when I lifted the play field, this screw fell into the cabinet. It looks like and adjustment screw, but for the life of me I cannot find where it goes. I looked over everything but nothing seems to be missing. Any ideas?
[quoted image]

#2889 5 years ago

Good idea, but the drop target adjusters are there along with the lock pins. It's something else.

#2890 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

[quoted image]

Check your side rails, I’ve seen those used in place of the proper bolts on either side of the game

#2891 5 years ago

After playing several games now after initial setup, I'm wondering what owners are doing about the glare at the top of the playfield. I've noticed I have trouble seeing the upper left flipper due to the glare from the display and the translite. I tried putting a bent plastic on it from one of my other pins but that didn't do anything since the plastic doesn't extend far enough.
I'm wondering about getting the antiglare glass and if so, where?

#2892 5 years ago

Turn down your backbox display to about 35% or so and you will solve 90% of the glare.

#2893 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Turn down your backbox display to about 35% or so and you will solve 90% of the glare.

I backed mine down to 10% during gameplay and i have no glare at all now. When the game is done...BOOM backbox lights back up!

#2894 5 years ago

Finally got to Can I Play with Madness! What a cool mode--hope it doesn't take me another 5 months to get back! It most likely will...

#2895 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I backed mine down to 10% during gameplay and i have no glare at all now. When the game is done...BOOM backbox lights back up!

This

#2896 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Finally got to Can I Play with Madness! What a cool mode--hope it doesn't take me another 5 months to get back! It most likely will...

I did too last night, no bloody idea how i did it but it was very cool

#2897 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I did too last night, no bloody idea how i did it but it was very cool

It's the third Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure award which means need 3 soul shards to get to it. Those are earned from certain achievements in each mission.

Rob

#2898 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's the third Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure award which means need 3 soul shards to get to it. Those are earned from certain achievements in each mission.
Rob

Soul shards dont unlock tomb treasure awards. Just doing pretty well in modes and multiballs does that. Soul shards are harder to achieve than just that.

#2899 5 years ago

I think soul shards are earned by completing/defeating the modes. Then you still have to collect it by hitting the pharaoh shot within a certain time. They are tough to get.

#2900 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Soul shards dont unlock tomb treasure awards. Just doing pretty well in Korea and multiballs does that. Soul shards are harder to achieve than just that.

Pretty well in KOREA?! Is that a secret wizard mode?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.50
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 15,786 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.