(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5,745 posts
  • 538 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Kawydud
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,428 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BD782730-92DB-4C22-B93E-D7922DFC3CC7.jpeg
511D84DC-3A00-489E-91E6-39A15A79F69C.jpeg
E7208D41-7B9C-4559-A5AD-CB2CCF53B505 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5828 (resized).jpg
20191112_231317 (resized).jpg
20191112_231309 (resized).jpg
IMG_5823 (resized).jpg
B2E5C2EF-3996-41D6-A58F-D6F0E4B98001 (resized).jpeg
7FDF8CCA-6CC2-48FB-99A7-81FD4E7AF4D4 (resized).jpeg
CADDE0F3-6629-450B-9043-00BF821B4BDB (resized).jpeg
8D66DB48-AE18-46B5-B232-04A59E279ACB (resized).jpeg
B413E82B-92D0-49B1-ACE4-A1771BE84B28 (resized).jpeg
3B316D3C-128C-4018-B83D-8D3606DBF985 (resized).jpeg
Annotation 2019-11-12 130813 (resized).png
IMG_20191111_232128 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191111_233915 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5745 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 115.
#2801 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

So at 1.05 is the code completely finished? Are we going to get any additions to the game later like the other Sterns? (this is my first modern Stern)

Still like 25 bugs and issues in the bug thread for 1.05, so no, not done.

#2802 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Gomez said at Expo that another update soon - polish plus bugs.

Let me guess...in two weeks.

#2803 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Gomez said at Expo that another update soon - polish plus bugs.

It would be really nice if they would stop including these bugs in all their updates.

#2804 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I thought IMDN had midnight madness ?

I was told on here it does not. Then i changed the time to check and no it does not

#2805 1 year ago
A4158FAD-47F8-4C8F-B332-0EA1FC922E40 (resized).jpeg
#2806 1 year ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I was told on here it does not. Then i changed the time to check and no it does not

Oh that sucks
Can we get midnight madness please Stern

#2807 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

You can't ever get 100%, but you can get much closer at least. I did put up a full guide here 2 days ago if you haven't seen it ->
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/25#post-4645095

Wow, that’s thorough! I’ve had my LE for nearly 6 months and the two adjustments that have resulted in pretty close to 100% accuracy are the prong adjustment and the upper rail of the shooter lane adjustment, and clean the playfield periodically.

#2808 1 year ago

Update!

Looks like I did need to update from 1.02 to 1.05, so the bass/treble adjustment helps a lot. I am still going to do some speaker updates though; these stock speakers are just terrible sounding. At least I’m getting some good bass now though! I turned the treble WAY down to get rid of some of the harshness, but without an EQ it can start to sound muddy. Still, MAJOR improvement!

#2809 1 year ago

Posted in wrong thread....

#2810 1 year ago

I can't seem to reliable hit anything with that upper left flipper, except for the captive ball. I had to readjust the flipper because it was binding, maybe the angle is slightly off? There's no reference point for the flipper so I just set its rest angle the same as the ball guide above it.

Rob

#2811 1 year ago

My flipper is a litter "higher" than the ball guide. I haven't touched it from the factory, both shots are makable, and both shots are very hard. If this game has a flaw, it's that the small loop is makable, I doubt even the best players can loop it 2 or 3 times, so not great. (I'm sure someone has done it once, but I don't think it's consistently possible)

Quoted from Rob_G:

I can't seem to reliable hit anything with that upper left flipper, except for the captive ball. I had to readjust the flipper because it was binding, maybe the angle is slightly off? There's no reference point for the flipper so I just set its rest angle the same as the ball guide above it.
Rob

#2812 1 year ago

For me, I've made 3 consecutive mini loops several times, and 4 mini loops once, that's my record.

#2813 1 year ago

If you get a minute, can you take a pic above your mini flipper to see how it's adjusted? Maybe that has something to do with it.

Quoted from Maken:

For me, I've made 3 consecutive mini loops several times, and 4 mini loops once, that's my record.

#2814 1 year ago

I've done 3 minis, but it was luck. I think it's just a very tough shot.

Like hitting gem on Tron. It's definitely doable, but not consistently.

#2815 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If you get a minute, can you take a pic above your mini flipper to see how it's adjusted? Maybe that has something to do with it.

It's adjusted as designed, straight at the alignment hole. I can take a pic later tonight if needed.

#2816 1 year ago

I didn't see that there was a hole there...

#2817 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

My flipper is a litter "higher" than the ball guide. I haven't touched it from the factory, both shots are makable, and both shots are very hard. If this game has a flaw, it's that the small loop is makable, I doubt even the best players can loop it 2 or 3 times, so not great. (I'm sure someone has done it once, but I don't think it's consistently possible)

I can make that shot probably 40% of the time, which I feel is pretty good. I've done 3 in a row many times, 4 I think is my record as well. I immediately adjusted my flipper flush with the ball guide when I received the game. Not sure why they had it out a little. My guess is to give more clearance for the loop/auto launcher.

When the ball is moving slow, the shot is late on the little flipper. If you shoot even a little early, you'll get siderail-bounce rejects. Momentum changes the shot to earlier on the flipper of course.

If you have a prem/LE, if you shoot really late on the little flipper, you can bank the ball off the post above the drops and send the ball under the ramp to start a mode or nail a Mariner jackpot. I shoot for that often, although it is tough. Kinda like TZ bank shot to the piano from side flipper.

#2818 1 year ago

Most people here probably already know this, but just so everyone is clear... all flippers should be pointing directly at the small holes in the playfield at the tip of the flipper.

#2819 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

Most people here probably already know this, but just so everyone is clear... all flippers should be pointing directly at the small holes in the playfield at the tip of the flipper.

Yes, but for some reason, Stern set up IMDN with the little flipper not alighed with the dot. I've seen it on every copy I've played, including my own. There must be some reason for this.

I'd also add that in my experience, ball guides are way better for measuring flipper alignment than the dots. Mass manufacturing means that alignments are not always spot on.

#2820 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I didn't see that there was a hole there...

twss.gif
#2821 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yes, but for some reason, Stern set up IMDN with the little flipper not alighed with the dot. I've seen it on every copy I've played, including my own. There must be some reason for this.
I'd also add that in my experience, ball guides are way better for measuring flipper alignment than the dots. Mass manufacturing means that alignments are not always spot on.

I understand why you might feel that way, but I can't say that I agree with that... not all games are designed to have the flippers flush with the ball guides. See GB for a very recent example.

Always use the holes... especially on IMDN, as Keith Elwin himself has specifically said that the flippers should be aligned with the holes. That's why the holes are there.

#2822 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

Always use the holes... especially on IMDN, as Keith Elwin himself has specifically said that the flippers should be aligned with the holes. That's why the holes are there.

I don't think my premium has alignment holes for the top flippers. I remember looking a few weeks ago and did not see any.

Rob

#2823 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

I understand why you might feel that way, but I can't say that I agree with that... not all games are designed to have the flippers flush with the ball guides. See GB for a very recent example.

So stern sets up flippers to be pointed at the holes? I was always taught on B/W games to let the flippers rest just above the holes, or even stick a toothpick in and let them sit on top

#2824 1 year ago

I missed them but I have them. They are easy to miss...

Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't think my premium has alignment holes for the top flippers. I remember looking a few weeks ago and did not see any.

#2825 1 year ago

Haven't owned a GB (and never would. Yuck!), but I've never played a game in my life that either wasn't or wouldn't benefit from the flippers being in parallel with the ball guides. All of my experience with the flipper alignment holes, regardless of the way in which the company recommends you use them, coincides with this.

#2826 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So stern sets up flippers to be pointed at the holes? I was always taught on B/W games to let the flippers rest just above the holes, or even stick a toothpick in and let them sit on top

Yes, that is correct, B/W and Stern have different methods to achieve the same result.

#2827 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Haven't owned a GB (and never would. Yuck!), but I've never played a game in my life that either wasn't or wouldn't benefit from the flippers being in parallel with the ball guides. All of my experience with the flipper alignment holes, regardless of the way in which the company recommends you use them, coincides with this.

Gottlieb DMDs also are not designed in this manner. The flippers are typically angled down from the ball guides.

As a tournament player, I play the games as designed. The 'benefit' you are seeing is quite subjective to the title and player.

#2828 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

Gottlieb DMDs also are not designed in this manner. The flippers are typically angled down from the ball guides.
As a tournament player, I play the games as designed. The 'benefit' you are seeing is quite subjective to the title and player.

True on the Gottlieb droop. They would be my exception.

#2829 1 year ago

Make the game combfortable and dial it in properly for ur taste.

#2830 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

True on the Gottlieb droop. They would be my exception.

Deadpool too.

Deadpool-playfield-detail8 (resized).jpg
#2831 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Heres an idea, set the flippers up how ever the fuck u like. Make the game combfortable and dial it in properly for ur taste. Jesus. Theres a set incline for most pins thats recommened but I can guarantee my pins are steeper as I enjoy fast gameplay, I know a fella whos not all that tall but like his pins quite high of the ground. Set the flippers to personal taste.

Nobody is saying that you can't set up your games however you like, so you can relax.

Some people like to have their games set up and playing as designed. This stemmed from someone believing their improper flipper alignment was causing their mini loop to be too difficult.

#2832 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

Nobody is saying that you can't set up your games however you like, so you can relax.

I'm relaxed I meant it more as helpful I guess I should have left out the f word and Jesus but damn I like those words. Will fix it now. Oh and I'm waiting for my Pre to arrive so maybe I'm little anxious and hating all of u because u have ur pin.

#2833 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm relaxed I meant it more as helpful I guess I should have left out the f word and Jesus but damn I like those words. Will fix it now. Oh and I'm waiting for my Pre to arrive so maybe I'm little anxious and hating all of u because u have ur pin.

SUCKA!!!!!!!

When does yours arrive?

Make sure you update as soon as humanly possible; the audio sounds like ass OOTB and you need the 1.05 update so you don’t stab your ears out

#2834 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Make sure you update as soon as humanly possible; the audio sounds like ass OOTB and you need the 1.05 update so you don’t stab your ears out

Its coming with latest code. Now it looks like tomorow. Bastards, but I don't mind a Halloween day delivery. Going to have to celebrate.

#2835 1 year ago

I can tell you one flipper that I could not align with the mark--the upper right. It was raised a little when I first got it. I set it to the mark and found the launched ball would just graze the tip, throwing it offline. I thought it was out of adjustment when I got it--but the flipper was set where it was for a reason.

#2836 1 year ago

R there modes in this game where the flippers go dead? Pre arrived today just had a few games the last one being a 500 000 000 game. This pin is incredible. Holy Shit.

#2837 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

R there modes in this game where the flippers go dead? Pre arrived today just had a few games the last one being a 500 000 000 game. This pin is incredible. Holy Shit.

None. Incredible, yes.

#2838 1 year ago

Waiting for
IMDN
MIDNIGHT MADNESS !
Cmon Stern

#2839 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

It's a great game and possibly the best game Stern has ever made, imo at least. Your flippers should not be going dead though.

#2840 1 year ago

Felt inspired tonight. Made it for a friend who’s an even bigger fan than I am. It’s a fake pumpkin so he can put it out every year. Years ago I made him a “Killers” Eddie.

C542E24C-D88D-4814-962C-9ED610A87D4E (resized).jpeg
#2841 1 year ago

Released the lens tree mod I made for the mode lights so they have colors that match the mode.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-colored-mode-lens-tree-mod

lens-mod (resized).jpg
#2842 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Released the lens tree mod I made for the mode lights so they have colors that match the mode.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-colored-mode-lens-tree-mod[quoted image]

Nice! Looks way more professional than the lighting gels I'm just going to duck tape on...great job!

#2843 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Nice! Looks way more professional than the lighting gels I'm just going to duck tape on...great job!

I started in a similar place, cutting gel circles and just jamming them in the holes. My OCD was not satisfied with the result, and it progressed until it got to this.

#2844 1 year ago

Is IM Premium a SAM, SPIKE, or SPIKE2? I have a Coin Taker shaker without the proper connector and Coin Taker is asking which one I need so they can send me the correct cable.

#2845 1 year ago

Is IM Premium a SAM, SPIKE, or SPIKE2? I have a Coin Taker shaker without the proper connector and Coin Taker is asking which one I need so they can send me the correct cable.

Spike 2

#2846 1 year ago

Non spike games require a separate board. In spike games the board is already there.

#2847 1 year ago

In case anyone was waiting for them, Stern have art blades, a powerslave mummy eddie shooter knob, and two types of side-armor (union jack or mummy fist) up on their website. No toppers, though.

#2848 1 year ago
Quoted from Maide:

In case anyone was waiting for them, Stern have art blades, a powerslave mummy eddie shooter knob, and two types of side-armor (union jack or mummy fist) up on their website. No toppers, though.

Pinballlife.com has the art blades and much cheaper shipping ($5.45 USPS):

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-iron-maiden-art-blades.html

#2849 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Pinballlife.com has the art blades and much cheaper shipping ($5.45 USPS):
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-iron-maiden-art-blades.html

Aren't these different than what's on the actual game?

#2850 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Aren't these different than what's on the actual game?

They're the official Stern art blades. They made them so they work with any of the three model's color schemes, so they're not, for example, "The Battlefield, "Egypt/Pharaoh", and "Eddie generations" themed specifically. The one set kind of works in a little from all of them so it works on any of them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 5745 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 115.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside