(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,653 posts
  • 1,042 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 314.
#2751 5 years ago

Hopefully 1.06 in a few weeks.

Code is awesome so far ! Thanks Team IMDN

Game needs just a little more polish, integrate a few more callouts.

Revert the music selection mentioned above.

Fine tune the sound track audio mix a little better. The raspy/dirty mid range on all song tracks require sharpening up.

Audio callouts and effects are excellent.

oh and 2 extra songs would be awesome. Stern perhaps allow a handful of choices and go to a vote, similar to what happened with Metallica.

Seventh son and Stranger in a strange land would be the top 2 for me.

And for the 100th time...................... please give us Jukebox !

Up the Irons !

#2752 5 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Link to page/site to get the Eddie figures for premium version to place on the pro? Any other premium mods to be put on the pro? 54 pages is a lot to wade thru….

If you want the exact toys, you can use the part numbers in the LE/premium manual (cyborg eddie 550-7421-00, bracket 535-1854-00, screws 237-5809-00 and 232-5201-00) to order the toys and mounting bracket for them. Someone else did that. Others have bought similar toys off ebay.

Here's a good post about that with more part numbers:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/48#post-4579729

#2753 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you want the exact toys, you can use the part numbers in the LE/premium manual (cyborg eddie 550-7421-00, bracket 535-1854-00, screws 237-5809-00 and 232-5201-00) to order the toys and mounting bracket for them. Someone else did that. Others have bought similar toys off ebay.
Here's a good post about that with more part numbers:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/48#post-4579729

Thank you Vic~

#2754 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

As a previous AC/DC owner, listening to the first minute of every song just gets on your nerves.

Same with Metallica, and I assume most other music pins - but there is nothing better than having a ball last long enough for the song to finish and then restart

#2755 5 years ago
0BC244C3-B6F8-4EFA-B5FE-71FB568C3205.jpeg0BC244C3-B6F8-4EFA-B5FE-71FB568C3205.jpeg7B937049-0225-497C-B59A-F61552F4F2B1.jpeg7B937049-0225-497C-B59A-F61552F4F2B1.jpeg8D1B33B4-AEFA-4B94-90CA-E13C4018BEE5.jpeg8D1B33B4-AEFA-4B94-90CA-E13C4018BEE5.jpeg
#2756 5 years ago

Whoa....I actually like that topper. Not so much for premium artwork, but yes for pro and definitely would look best on the LE. I'm assuming the only interactive part of it is lighting (unlike my afmrle topper).

And....is that the first leaked image of the star wars topper that has been severely delayed? If that topper doesn't have r2d2 rotate on it interactively....that would be a huge missed opportunity. I don't care if it would add to the cost....it better rotate and make r2d2 noises!

#2757 5 years ago

F*#% YEAH!!! Finally my baby’s nearly finished: IMDN LE in a Pro Cab ! With some nice custom airbrush job see pics. Still waiting for Stern‘s inner sideblades to pop up in their webshop...c‘mon Gary Stern speed up! Hope you like my creation which took a lot of time and...you know...we’re all crazy

885D6451-FC8F-4165-8973-5EC35B15D818 (resized).jpeg885D6451-FC8F-4165-8973-5EC35B15D818 (resized).jpeg9E5F3B3F-FE46-43F7-86ED-95051B2EE405 (resized).jpeg9E5F3B3F-FE46-43F7-86ED-95051B2EE405 (resized).jpegF48B3664-B938-47A3-8CA1-83DB08D2F8CD (resized).jpegF48B3664-B938-47A3-8CA1-83DB08D2F8CD (resized).jpeg
#2758 5 years ago

Clairvoyant mod, now coordinated with the multicolor LED under the 1/2 dome. It works really well interacting with game play, makes the jackpot shot more obvious, shines red at Cyborg Eddie Jackpot, looks great! I’ll put the process over on the IMDN mod thread if anyone is interested in how to do it. I’m gonna also experiment with a smaller clearer agate bead and pico LEDs inside the bead rather than on the back.

F4D005AF-285D-47CF-A640-90FEC74B4B83 (resized).jpegF4D005AF-285D-47CF-A640-90FEC74B4B83 (resized).jpeg
#2759 5 years ago

@lamihh Love the british flag armor...and...you are right, I think the pro cab art looks best, and the LE translight looks best.

@dts Also love the clairvoyant mod! Would love to buy the $15 figure...but...will probably have to watch ebay like a hawk since its not something "in stock" anywhere else...

#2760 5 years ago

Went down for one game and this just happened

20181021_193428 (resized).jpg20181021_193428 (resized).jpg20181021_193504 (resized).jpg20181021_193504 (resized).jpg
#2761 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Started changing out the stock super bright LED's.
Cointaker warm white frosted under the slingshots.
To my eye, it's so much better.
Artwork pops and it just has a much nicer look. [quoted image]

I also think the GI washes out the artwork on the plastics, so want to change to a warmer white. However...which LEDs are you recommending from cointaker? A lot of options there and I haven't bought LEDs before. Is it the "bright frosted" option (44 or 555?) or some like the brighter retros, or "brightest ultra" or ?

#2762 5 years ago

About a week overdue. I got my LE!
I'm going to trade out my ToM for a JJPOTC, then my collection will be complete for awhile.

20181014_175605 (resized).jpg20181014_175605 (resized).jpg
#2763 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

About a week overdue. I got my LE!
I'm going to trade out my ToM for a JJPOTC, then my collection will be complete for awhile.[quoted image]

Not to be a party pooper, but that le sure looks like a premium

#2764 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I also think the GI washes out the artwork on the plastics, so want to change to a warmer white. However...which LEDs are you recommending from cointaker? A lot of options there and I haven't bought LEDs before. Is it the "bright frosted" option (44 or 555?) or some like the brighter retros, or "brightest ultra" or ?

These are the ones I bought - warm white, frosted. Warm white are softer than the bright whites.

https://cointaker.com/products/44-47-premium-frosted

#2765 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

These are the ones I bought - warm white, frosted. Warm white are softer than the bright whites.
https://cointaker.com/products/44-47-premium-frosted

Thanks for the response. Ok...I assume then that I can get these ->
https://cointaker.com/products/44-47-frosted

The 'normal' ones (not premium non-ghosting) if I'm only dealing with modern games. Makes sense...I had a heck of a time with my house and switching to LEDs when a bunch of my switches are dimmers. I had to hunt for LEDs that didn't "ghost", and even then some still did so I had to keep one incandescent in the circuit and change the rest to LED. (the dimmer needed enough power draw to not have an led ghost)

#2766 5 years ago

It's a premium. I keep getting my JJ and Stern terms mixed

#2767 5 years ago

Anyone used these and they match up correctly with the colour the modes show on the pf'd or screen??

https://mezelmods.com/collections/iron-maiden-legacy/products/iron-maiden-pinball-gels
iron-maiden-pinball-gels (resized).jpgiron-maiden-pinball-gels (resized).jpg

EDIT: Looks like they just have them in the wrong order?? Aces High - Blue, Icarus - Yellow??

#2768 5 years ago

Access blue, hallowed orange, fear purple, icarus yellow. Is rhyme green or is it also blue? Those look pretty swanky.

#2769 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Anyone used these and they match up correctly with the colour the modes show on the pf'd or screen??
https://mezelmods.com/collections/iron-maiden-legacy/products/iron-maiden-pinball-gels
[quoted image]
EDIT: Looks like they just have them in the wrong order?? Aces High - Blue, Icarus - Yellow??

Yeah, Fear/Icarus should be swapped and Aces/Hallowed should be swapped.

#2770 5 years ago

I havent played my game at midnight yet, does it have a midnight madness mode?

#2771 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I havent played my game at midnight yet, does it have a midnight madness mode?

Nope

#2772 5 years ago

That sucks. This game screams midnight madness!!

#2773 5 years ago

Better yet, midnight madness at 11:58

#2774 5 years ago

Hey all - just joined the club!

Game works and plays great - one question though: I have a Premium, and the sound is AWFUL. What is the deal, ?! Are the songs in mono, or perhaps my speakers are out of phase? I am willing to upgrade the speakers if that’s the issue but man... man it is bad. It is actually hurting my ears to play. This is also my first Spike game, are they all like this?

Before the jokes start, let me say that I love Maiden, so the songs aren’t the problem!

#2775 5 years ago

Did they say when that topper would go on sale?

#2776 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Game works and plays great - one question though: I have a Premium, and the sound is AWFUL. What is the deal, ?! Are the songs in mono, or perhaps my speakers are out of phase? I am willing to upgrade the speakers if that’s the issue but man... man it is bad. It is actually hurting my ears to play. This is also my first Spike game, are they all like this?
Before the jokes start, let me say that I love Maiden, so the songs aren’t the problem!

On my Pro, the connector at the cabinet speaker/woofer was connected but one of the wires wasn't actually seated in the connector, I had virtually no sound coming out of the cabinet speaker when I would stick my head down at the speaker. That killed 90% of the bass, and was like this since purchase I believe.

I suffered wondering why the sound was a little weak for months, only realized this issue when I upgraded to Flipper Fidelity speakers and had the same problem, LOL.

#2777 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You can go into utilities/volume and play with the settings. Are the speakers set to 4 or 8 ohm?

If you want to play it loud, you likely will have to use a cheap external $30 amp off Amazon and use the line-out from the board instead of the wimpy on-board amplifier. There are instructions on making a cable on pinside.

#2778 5 years ago

Dupe...

#2779 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I had the same problem with my premium. I upgraded to a FF 10" kit and that made a pretty significant difference. It took a bunch of adjustments to get it there and I still can't get turn the volume up very high without crackling. The cheapo amp stern uses is the real culprit.

#2780 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I had the same problem with my premium. I upgraded to a FF 10" kit and that made a pretty significant difference. It took a bunch of adjustments to get it there and I still can't get turn the volume up very high without crackling. The cheapo amp stern uses is the real culprit.

Is the amp replaceable? I’m not up on a Spike tech. Seems sort of questionable for a friggin MUSIC pin!

Also, does anyone know if the LEs have larger speakers? Or are they just more efficient, with more neutral output?

I should revise my post - I’m not exactly saying the sound is “bad” (although certainly it could be better), it’s that it sounds wrong to me, like the speakers are out of phase, or the music is an MP3 with the high and low end chopped off. Maybe something to check when I get home.

#2781 5 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

On my Pro, the connector at the cabinet speaker/woofer was connected but one of the wires wasn't actually seated in the connector, I had virtually no sound coming out of the cabinet speaker when I would stick my head down at the speaker. That killed 90% of the bass, and was like this since purchase I believe.
I suffered wondering why the sound was a little weak for months, only realized this issue when I upgraded to Flipper Fidelity speakers and had the same problem, LOL.

Thanks! I will check this too

#2782 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can go into utilities/volume and play with the settings. Are the speakers set to 4 or 8 ohm?
If you want to play it loud, you likely will have to use a cheap external $30 amp off Amazon and use the line-out from the board instead of the wimpy on-board amplifier. There are instructions on making a cable on pinside.

I must have missed that in the menu, I will fool with the settings. Thanks! I’ll check the speakers, not sure what impedance it is set to.

I’m actually turning it WAY down because the sound is so harsh. Maybe I’ll play Powerslave on vinyl instead ! Haha

#2783 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think it's a hit and miss thing with stern speakers. My IMDN pro sounds terrific (i have an external sub hooked up); but my SW Pro sitting next to it with an external sub sounds like crap unless i put headphones on. No need for me to upgrade IMDN, but im contemplating the upgrade on SW.

#2784 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Also worth noting that they improved the audio quality in software a few updates ago, so make sure you are running the latest software, before you go make expensive upgrades.

#2785 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is the amp replaceable? I’m not up on a Spike tech. Seems sort of questionable for a friggin MUSIC pin!

Also, does anyone know if the LEs have larger speakers? Or are they just more efficient, with more neutral output?

I should revise my post - I’m not exactly saying the sound is “bad” (although certainly it could be better), it’s that it sounds wrong to me, like the speakers are out of phase, or the music is an MP3 with the high and low end chopped off. Maybe something to check when I get home.

You could add an external amp, I believe vireland explains how to do this in another thread. The LEs do have upgraded speakers, but from my understanding, they run into similar problems with the under-powered amp.

This is just an area where Stern cheaps out even on their LEs. In contrast, the sound on my AFMLE blows the doors off of my IMDN, even with the FF speakers. When I had my Luci, I added an external amp and it made the game thump like it should have (for a music pin). I couldn't even get close to turning it all the way up without getting complaints from the other members of my household.

#2786 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Instructions on using an external amp with cleaner power and more control here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-on-board-amp-with-external-amp-for-iron-maiden

#2787 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Instructions on using an external amp with cleaner power and more control here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-on-board-amp-with-external-amp-for-iron-maiden

Thanks dude! If ever this was needed, it’s for this game!

I’ll check which SW I am running as well, I havent checked that either.

#2788 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Seems like the sound changes occasionally. Sometimes it sounds pretty good and sometimes it doesn’t. I just wuit worrying about it and i play. Hooefully they will get it right eventually with code updates.

#2789 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Seems like the sound changes occasionally. Sometimes it sounds pretty good and sometimes it doesn’t. I just wuit worrying about it and i play. Hooefully they will get it right eventually with code updates.

Thanks (?) for the insight. The sound is consistently bad. Clearly it is noticeable to others. It may be digital distortion or just really crap speakers, or it may be something not hooked up right. I’m on the case!

#2790 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thanks (?) for the insight. The sound is consistently bad. Clearly it is noticeable to others. It may be digital distortion or just really crap speakers, or it may be something not hooked up right. I’m on the case!

Do you have the latest code update?

#2791 5 years ago

So at 1.05 is the code completely finished? Are we going to get any additions to the game later like the other Sterns? (this is my first modern Stern)

#2792 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

So at 1.05 is the code completely finished? Are we going to get any additions to the game later like the other Sterns? (this is my first modern Stern)

This is one of the most complete, bug-less sterns in a LONG time. Don’t count on too much more being added, nor does it need it.

#2793 5 years ago

I'm just hoping they give us a couple more tunes.

#2794 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Do you have the latest code update?

I don’t know but that is a good reminder when I get home!

#2795 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This is one of the most complete, bug-less sterns in a LONG time. Don’t count on too much more being added, nor does it need it.

Gomez said at Expo that another update soon - polish plus bugs.

#2796 5 years ago

Code is very good
There is room for improvement
Sound track audio mix polish
2 extra tracks
And Jukebox
I won' quit

#2797 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yep needs code polish
2 extra tracks
And Jukebox
I won' quit

And midnite madness. At least 2 more tracks. Or a bank of tracks that you can choose a certain amount

#2798 5 years ago

Love the game and the rule set etc, but still despite a few tweaks which worked for a while, struggling with the auto plunge and ball hitting the flipper or the top of the skill shot, really fucking annoys me that you spend BIG money for NIB machines and effectively you are left with a machine you have to fix out the box, sorry just wanted to vent to fellow pinheads...

#2799 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

And midnite madness. At least 2 more tracks. Or a bank of tracks that you can choose a certain amount

I thought IMDN had midnight madness ?

#2800 5 years ago
Quoted from markymark2400:

Love the game and the rule set etc, but still despite a few tweaks which worked for a while, struggling with the auto plunge and ball hitting the flipper or the top of the skill shot, really fucking annoys me that you spend BIG money for NIB machines and effectively you are left with a machine you have to fix out the box, sorry just wanted to vent to fellow pinheads...

You can't ever get 100%, but you can get much closer at least. I did put up a full guide here 2 days ago if you haven't seen it ->

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/25#post-4645095

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 314.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.