(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 317.
#2701 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

The audio mixing in the code is still not quite right.
The mid range is raspy. no speaker will fix this.
Hopefully audio team will sort this out with new code.
Agree, a correctly set up sub will give best audio experience at this time.

Yeah I'm almost regretting having done the speaker upgrade. The pinball Pro speakers are great I'm sure but I'm still hoping to find somebody that has them and has the game sounding normal again. Just with better outputs and sound.

#2702 5 years ago

I just installed the standard FF 8" kit, it sounds great but unfortunately I can't offer a good before and after opinion - as the main reason I had upgraded was to hopefully fix what I thought was a bad cab woofer originally - I had nearly no sound coming out of the stock woofer, and couldn't find anything wrong. Swapped in the FF set and still nearly nothing from the woofer, could barely hear it with my head right under it. Turns out their is a connector about six inches from the woofer that I had verified was connected, but one of the wires going into it was not seated in the plug housing, so it was making only the slightest connection.

Once resolved the FF set is booming and sounds great. With just the FF backbox speakers it was noticeably improved, so I'm sure the woofer is a solid upgrade too... More than good enough for me, your mileage may vary if you live for thumping base.

#2703 5 years ago

I'm in with a Pre. Coming Nov 1st. Hoping or maybe it exists already a new sound rom that kills any Maiden music after Powerslave and includes a few Dianno classics. I'll glady donate to one of you sound wizards if you can make this so. Who the hell am I, Jean Luc Picard

#2704 5 years ago

Anybody else’s IMDN come with an orange shooter spring?

939172B8-E394-4CA9-9ABA-8F4421E8729E (resized).jpeg939172B8-E394-4CA9-9ABA-8F4421E8729E (resized).jpeg
#2705 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Anybody else’s IMDN come with an orange shooter spring? [quoted image]

My Pro made on June 15th has an orange shooter spring.

#2706 5 years ago

My Pro is orange

#2707 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Why not just buy the actual JBL speakers that are on the LE ?
They are probably the cheapest JBL speaker @ $35 a pair.[quoted image]

I looked these up and they seem to be unavailable, in the states at least. Is this the right speaker?

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-rZ8tHgKFr00/p_109STAGE5/JBL-Stage-502.html

2nd question, has anyone done this with any success? I suppose any halfway decent speaker would be an upgrade from the presumably very cheap stock speakers, but to be honest, I don't hate the sound of the stock pro speakers. There is typically more than one machine running when I'm in the gameroom along with some background music. I have upgraded multiple machines speakers and talked myself into thinking it was an improvement. Judging audio quality is so impossibly subjective.

#2708 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I looked these up and they seem to be unavailable, in the states at least. Is this the right speaker?
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-rZ8tHgKFr00/p_109STAGE5/JBL-Stage-502.html
2nd question, has anyone done this with any success? I suppose any halfway decent speaker would be an upgrade from the presumably very cheap stock speakers, but to be honest, I don't hate the sound of the stock pro speakers. There is typically more than one machine running when I'm in the gameroom along with some background music. I have upgraded multiple machines speakers and talked myself into thinking it was an improvement. Judging audio quality is so impossibly subjective.

I don’t bother. There are 8 pinball machines in the room and if more than one is being played, you can’t here them anyway.

#2709 5 years ago

Maybe i'm weird but i'm happy with the sound from my Premium, it's far better than any of my other machines and a couple of those have FF set's on them

#2710 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Anybody else’s IMDN come with an orange shooter spring? [quoted image]

Yeah, my LE has the orange so I’ve ordered a red to see how it shoots. I’d like a little more speed on it.

#2711 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I looked these up and they seem to be unavailable, in the states at least.

They used to have them at Wallmart years ago in 5.25 and 6" sizes

Maybe some will pop up on ebay from guys that could not get their door panels off.....

#2712 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Yeah, my LE has the orange so I’ve ordered a red to see how it shoots. I’d like a little more speed on it.

I thought orange was tighter/stronger than red? Mine whips around the loop hard. Near impossible to pull off a super skill shot which is why I brought it up. My last IMDN had a different spring (green?) which was easy for a super skill shot setup. Guess I need to learn the secret skill shots

#2713 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

The audio mixing in the code is still not quite right.
The mid range is raspy. no speaker will fix this.
Hopefully audio team will sort this out with new code.
Agree, a correctly set up sub will give best audio experience at this time.

Add an external amp. There's a tutorial on here.

#2714 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I thought orange was tighter/stronger than red? Mine whips around the loop hard. Near impossible to pull off a super skill shot which is why I brought it up. My last IMDN had a different spring (green?) which was easy for a super skill shot setup. Guess I need to learn the secret skill shots

Here are the different strengths. I adjusted the plunger and autoplunger quite a bit to make it perfect and that may have changed how hard the plunger is hitting the ball but I thought it would be fun to experiment with red. It may be too strong like yours. Looks like you need black or green.
1FFA68E3-60FC-47A9-A095-1AC353D5C1AD (resized).png1FFA68E3-60FC-47A9-A095-1AC353D5C1AD (resized).png

#2715 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

They are supposed to be orange. It shouldn't be that difficult to hit the super skill shot with an orange spring, just requires a skillful plunge.

(I have played many different examples of Maiden in Ontario, NY and Ohio... many times in large tournaments)

#2716 5 years ago

Sounds like he had a different color with his first IMDN...

#2717 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

They are supposed to be orange. It shouldn't be that difficult to hit the super skill shot with an orange spring, just requires a skillful plunge.
(I have played many different examples of Maiden in Ontario, NY and Ohio... many times in large tournaments)

Super is the left outline right?
My premium came with the orange spring as well.

#2718 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Sounds like he had a different color with his first IMDN...

Yes. And I'm in no way complaining, I need to play better is all which, after some plays has loosened up my plunger a bit and getting more accurate at setting up the super skillshot.

I was just curious what differences have been made since my first run Maiden. I seem to hit the ramps much easier on this newer Maiden, but it seems harder to get flipper control. All in all, such a great game, hope it stays longer this time

#2719 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

My premium came with the orange spring as well.

Yep

#2720 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

No, left outlane is one of the many secret skill shots. Super skill shot he is talking about is hold left flipper, plunge big loop, but light enough to fall to upper left orbit, hit super jackpot shot.

#2721 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

No, left outlane is one of the many secret skill shots. Super skill shot he is talking about is hold left flipper, plunge big loop, but light enough to fall to upper left orbit, hit super jackpot shot.

Yes, that. One of many, just worth more, 20M.

#2722 5 years ago

Joined the club yesterday

Drove 1200km (750 miles) round trip, but it was worth it.

IMG_20181013_143051 (resized).jpgIMG_20181013_143051 (resized).jpg
#2723 5 years ago

Home...

IMG_20181014_201742 (resized).jpgIMG_20181014_201742 (resized).jpg
#2724 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Home...
[quoted image]

Ha . . . Up the Irons (both Maiden and Man)!

#2725 5 years ago

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Pro for casual home use and had a couple of questions for the IMDN experts. I'm looking to get the Stern HD glass, Stern shaker motor and Stern headphone jack/external volume control upgrades. Any thoughts on those? Are there other recommended mods/upgrades I should be considering (plastic protectors)?

I may upgrade the speakers in the future, but want to see if the stock ones will be good enough for me. I've heard that the standard stock Stern balls aren't great. If this is the case, any suggestions on higher quality balls (and where to get them?)?

#2726 5 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Pro for casual home use and had a couple of questions for the IMDN experts. I'm looking to get the Stern HD glass, Stern shaker motor and Stern headphone jack/external volume control upgrades. Any thoughts on those? Are there other recommended mods/upgrades I should be considering (plastic protectors)?
I may upgrade the speakers in the future, but want to see if the stock ones will be good enough for me. I've heard that the standard stock Stern balls aren't great. If this is the case, any suggestions on higher quality balls (and where to get them?)?

Those are my 3 go to mods and are a great choice for any pin. The stern spike 2 headset is much better than the pinnovators, easy to install, and looks good. (You will have to configure a couple settings in the adjustments menu for your liking).

As for balls; go Pinball life or Marco specialties. The ball baron ninja ones are shiny as hell and look good, but something about them that just don’t play right. Maybe it’s the gallon of oil they ship in, but I cleaned mine with isopropyl alcohol and let them sit for months and they still just don’t seem right. But if you insist on having the shiniest balls on the planet and go with ball baron, just request they don’t lather them in gallons of oil.

I do recommend an external sub, it really sounds bad ass and enhances the game with this sound package.

Congrats

#2727 5 years ago

Brake Cleaner will get ALL the oil off your balls in a hurry.

Use it outdoors and don't get it on anything plastic.

4DKZ6_AS01 (resized).jpg4DKZ6_AS01 (resized).jpg
#2728 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Brake Cleaner will get ALL the oil off your balls in a hurry.
Use it outdoors and don't get it on anything plastic.[quoted image]

Just spray some in a rag and rub the balls then dry?

#2729 5 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

The headphone jack and volume control are nice additions.

Instead of getting anti-glare glass, I set the backbox illumination during gameplay to 0%, it made a huge difference. You don't need anti-glare if there's no glare to begin with.

#2730 5 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

The headphone jack and volume control are nice additions.
Instead of getting anti-glare glass, I set the backbox illumination during gameplay to 0%, it made a huge difference. You don't need anti-glare if there's no glare to begin with.

Or instead of the glass if you're so inclined make a set of stadium lights (or buy some). Using these will totally eliminate the external glare from the backglass and display and pretty much anything else. Not to everybodies taste though. I personally have big issues with potentially "over-lighting" this game, and esp. with the "jail bars" stripes it puts on the metal ramps.

#2731 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Or instead of the glass if you're so inclined make a set of stadium lights (or buy some). Using these will totally eliminate the external glare from the backglass and display and pretty much anything else. Not to everybodies taste though. I personally have big issues with potentially "over-lighting" this game, and esp. with the "jail bars" stripes it puts on the metal ramps.

Yes, I've seen a few videos of an IMDN with Pin Stadium lights and while I appreciated things like the "Fear of the Dark" effects, I really didn't like the look of the yellow and blue banding on the metal ramps.

#2732 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Ha . . . Up the Irons (both Maiden and Man)!

Too bad I don't like GOT, or I'd also have an iron throne

#2733 5 years ago

Is Stern developing an Iron Maiden topper?

#2734 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Of course they will. They like that money that they get out of them too much not to.

#2735 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The stripe effect is only thing holding me back from purchasing Pinstadiums.
Can't wait for solid bar LED tech. I'm sure it's available. guessing cost prohibitive ?

#2736 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Yes,
Lets start
Where's the IMDN topper thread !

Looking forward to it.
Hoping Stern will do something special for Maiden

#2737 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Can't wait for solid bar LED tech. I'm sure it's available. guessing cost prohibitive ?

They make defused covers for LED strips, or strips that are already defused.

LED_strip_aluminum_profile_5526_3 (resized).jpgLED_strip_aluminum_profile_5526_3 (resized).jpg
#2738 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yes,
Lets start
Where's the IMDN topper thread !
Looking forward to it.
Hoping Stern will do something special for Maiden

Any chance you think the topper might be Eddie?

#2739 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Any chance you think the topper might be Eddie?

How did you know?

#2740 5 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

Yes, I've seen a few videos of an IMDN with Pin Stadium lights and while I appreciated things like the "Fear of the Dark" effects, I really didn't like the look of the yellow and blue banding on the metal ramps.

Agreed. I may get just the Orion’s Belt though for the flasher effects.

#2741 5 years ago

Not a bad start...

IMG_20181016_174553 (resized).jpgIMG_20181016_174553 (resized).jpg
#2742 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Not a bad start...[quoted image]

That's about, what, 400 Mil US?

#2743 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's about, what, 400 Mil US?

Nicely done.

#2744 5 years ago

Joined the club! IMDN Premium arrived safe and sound earlier today, and is now rocking on location here in Trondheim, Norway

Everything worked perfectly straight out of the box, including plunging around the loop. We just put in some nice and glossy balls, upgraded the speakers and added a coin mech, then it was ready for people to enjoy. Woo hoo!

#2745 5 years ago

So, I just became a pinsider and started my collection! Thought I would start with the best.

Got a Pro from Operation Pinball....gave really good service and I don't know how Fedex did it, but I sent a wire for payment Monday, and it was shipped the same day from Iowa, and got to my front door at 11:30 am on Wednesday to Boise, Idaho. Operation Pinball was great to work with (always texted me right back, fast shipping, etc).

I've been reading/lurking the forum for a while so knew what to expect when getting a NIB, but even for a first timer, it was a breeze. Hardest part was getting it up the stairs.

Got this AFMRLE on Monday locally, so now its not lonely.

I also have some goodies in the mail that I got a great deal on:
1. Stern HD glass
2. Stern shaker
3. Stern Headphone kit
4. Eddie figures from the Premium version

Plus:
5. Ball Baron Ninjas
6. Some Mylar to put down on suspect areas.

I still need to get a subwoofer...trying to decide between 2 Polk PSW10, or run both pins to 1 Polk PSW10, or...maybe get a better subwoofer to share between them...not sure. Need to do some more research on it.

Also planning on probably getting an illuminated spitfire from lermods to brighten up the middle PF.

I also read through the 55 pages of this thread (which took a while), and....now am sad because I might have to read through it again to refind some info.
1. Basically...one of the first things I noticed was the washed out art/plastics of the bottom PF from the Cool white LEDs. So I need to find what warm white (or other color) LEDs to use.

2.I also have to refind the info on adjusting the plunger, though that shouldn't be hard to find (google should find it no problem). Besides adjusting the plunger, I also feel my plunger is kind of "grindy" and not smooth? Like there isn't grease or oil on it? It just doesn't feel smooth when pulling it back.

3. The power supply fan is ridiculously loud.....I'll have to refind the replacement fan info that makes it quieter.

Some other initial thoughts:
4. Glass was dirty...like, "cloudy". It also had gray "dust" on the edges when I pulled it out, which I assume was just from the movement of the glass against rubber. Windex fixed that right up (I'll use sparkle on the HD glass).
5. The slings were way too powerful....turned them down to around 10. (from 35). Also moved the lower flippers to 'normal' instead of 'hard', which was the new software default.

6. I found it odd that the 1.05 software removed the option of allowing/not allowing music selection on each ball. Sometimes I'll accidentally move a flipper before plunging which changes the song. I can change the song back but then the song "resets" to the beginning.

Anyway...glad to be a new member of the community!

20181017_114711 (resized).jpg20181017_114711 (resized).jpg20181017_182117 (resized).jpg20181017_182117 (resized).jpg
#2746 5 years ago

Welcome to the club!

Quoted from Gogdog:

6. I found it odd that the 1.05 software removed the option of allowing/not allowing music selection on each ball. Sometimes I'll accidentally move a flipper before plunging which changes the song. I can change the song back but then the song "resets" to the beginning.
Anyway...glad to be a new member of the community![quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, this REALLY annoys me. I have no idea why they'd remove the feature.

#2747 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

How did you know?

I have espn.

#2748 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Welcome to the club!

Yeah, this REALLY annoys me. I have no idea why they'd remove the feature.

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't reset songs you had listened to last ball. This is one of many small software changes that could make this fantastic pin even better.

#2749 5 years ago

As a previous AC/DC owner, listening to the first minute of every song just gets on your nerves.

I wouldn’t buy this if the songs started over after each ball, no joke.

#2750 5 years ago

Link to page/site to get the Eddie figures for premium version to place on the pro? Any other premium mods to be put on the pro? 54 pages is a lot to wade thru….

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/55?hl=jireteg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.