(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,800 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Edster
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 316.
#2651 5 years ago

Just had the best game ever! DEFEATED THE BEAST!!! Almost scored 2 BILLION! Had 7 or 8 Tomb Treasures and never hit the last one that was lit! Best Stern pin evah!!!!!

#2652 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

And that is one of the downfalls or cause of Rock music dying out.

The real reason it died is that kids don't want to listen to their grandfathers music.

Sadly, the last guitar rock band to get a Top 40 hit, was Kings of Leon in 2011

#2653 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well, that is how it is now. In the old days DJ's had a lot more say. And local DJ's were treated like rock stars in their territory, in fact they were more popular at some of the concerts that they hosted/presented than some of the bands.
Now, its the same cut and paste format owned by the same like 3 corporations, and all they do is plug in the unique station id's...
Really sad. But, yes being a DJ is a dying profession.
And that is one of the downfalls or cause of Rock music dying out. Can't ever hope to get on your local station. Not that anyone ever listens to it anymore... But, then again Radio isn't as dead as people say. Listenership has increased in more than a few markets over the last few years...
But, why would I ever listen to the radio when I own so much of my own music, and I can pick and choose exactly what I want in my own car.

This is pretty right on; when I was on in St Louis in the early 2000s we actually got to pick one or two songs, but the veterans at the station used to pick almost the whole playlists during their show. Well, the popular ones anyway. F Clear Channel though. They killed radio

#2654 5 years ago

Clairvoyant mod, flickering cool white right now, color changing soon!

1D8EC289-576C-48AE-B183-F9DE7436883B (resized).jpeg1D8EC289-576C-48AE-B183-F9DE7436883B (resized).jpeg

#2655 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

[quoted image]

Looks good, but with a smaller gauge wire and a steady hand to drill straight, you could probably keep the wiring all inside her arm and have it come out in her hand under the orb.

#2656 5 years ago

Copper tape lets you run voltage anywhere without wires.

#2657 5 years ago

I was fortunate to get my hands on one of the last LEs available and picked mine up in May.
I had really enjoyed playing the Pro model in Allentown for a couple of days (thanks Cointaker!!!), and still enjoyed it initially when I got mine home but I found it lost its luster pretty quickly. I had left it on factory settings and just found it too difficult I guess?
(Mostly, I found the shots were pretty tough -especially the left ramp.)
So that meant that most of the modes were more of a chore than fun, and rarely did I get through them.
Multiballs were "ok" but not as exciting as Blood Bath in TWD, or multiball modes on ACDC.

I've been playing it a lot recently and seem to have turned a corner; I can make the left ramp shot "well enough", and now understand most of the modes before they start. It's not uncommon for me to score a shard or two in a game depending which modes I get. As for the multiballs, I'm pretty stoked about Pharoah. Knowing what you need to hit to get the add a ball is fantastic. Unlike ACDC or Bloodbath, you have to really focus and make just a few important shots -flailing wont get the job done here.

Anyway long story short, this has quickly become one of my favourite games. A lot of people I've talked to haven't played it yet -and I expect that as more people get some time on it, that it will become more and more popular. I just hope that people play it enough to get over the initial "tough factor" that I experienced.

I hate to say it, but I don't mind the music anymore. Guess I'm completely brainwashed!

Uhhh... Up the irons?

#2658 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks good, but with a smaller gauge wire and a steady hand to drill straight, you could probably keep the wiring all inside her arm and have it come out in her hand under the orb.

Quoted from vid1900:

Copper tape lets you run voltage anywhere without wires.

Great ideas, thanks! Gonna look at that. Ideally, a color changing pico or nano LED would be best inside the orb rather than on the backside given the size of the figure.

#2659 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The real reason it died is that kids don't want to listen to their grandfathers music.
Sadly, the last guitar rock band to get a Top 40 hit, was Kings of Leon in 2011

Well... Also the fact that it takes a lot of hard work and skill to play rock music live. Just bands in general are fading out and going away too.
But, the whole kids don't want to listen to grandfathers music...

I use to be the youngest person at maiden shows in the 90s and other heavy metal shows... Now, there are tons of young kids there. So...
This new generation isn't that rebellious... And lots of young blood listening to heavy metal... They just really don't like buying anything. Rather stream or pirate.

#2660 5 years ago

There is a generation of musicians that are raising their kids to be the next in line. I know I hope too. Why just the other day my 6 yr old says “dad I want to be Eddie from Iron Maiden.” Best 6 yr old Halloween costume ever? You be the judge

97A1561E-6C14-4EAD-92E6-8FA7D42CD21B (resized).jpeg97A1561E-6C14-4EAD-92E6-8FA7D42CD21B (resized).jpegCF593C21-5C8E-42F1-8B3B-78EA20C0C0EE (resized).jpegCF593C21-5C8E-42F1-8B3B-78EA20C0C0EE (resized).jpeg
#2661 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... Also the fact that it takes a lot of hard work and skill to play rock music live.

That's for sure. Just ask ELO

Quoted from Diospinball:

This new generation isn't that rebellious... They just really don't like buying anything. Rather stream or pirate.

Kids are still buying albums.

Ed Sheeran SOLD 3 million copies of his album last year.

Drake SOLD 2.4 million copies of his album More Life, and it was kind of a mixtape, not even a proper album.

-

Then look at the total USA sales of Maiden's catalog (sorry, I could not find worldwide sales for Maiden):

Iron Maiden (1980) - 196,628
Killers (1981) - 211,410
The Number Of The Beast (1982) - 357,463
Piece Of Mind (1983) - 347,400
Powerslave (1984) - 299,022
Live After Death (1985) - 558,578
Somewhere In Time (1986) - 291,420
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (1988) - 218,056
No Prayer For The Dying (1989) - 213,745
Fear Of The Dark (1992) - 421,786
Live At Donington (1993) - 23,639
A Real Live One (1993) - 108,177
A Real Dead One (1993) - 130,652
A Real Live/Dead One (1998 -new format) - 20,621
The X Factor (1995) - 112,710
Best Of The Beast (1996) - 251,112
Virtual XI (1998) - 65,243
Ed Hunter (1999) - 52,886
Brave New World (2000) - 282,460
Rock In Rio (AUDIO) (2002) - 69,307
Rock In Rio (DVD & VIDEO) (2002) - 59,644
Edward The Great (2002) - 130,611
Dance Of Death (2003) - 138,904
Visions Of The Beast (DVD & VIDEO) (2003) - 77,850
Part 1: Early Days (DVD) (2004) - 32,037

-

Don't fall for the tired cliche that **today's kids** only steal music .

We all used to copy albums onto cassettes with our Nakmichi Dragon decks for friends.

Hell, in a dorm, kids would mass dupe a new album's promo copy and give it to 50 students, before it was even released.

#2662 5 years ago

Except for the fact that the music industries and film industries numbers in terms of sales are down.
People DON'T Buy stuff...
Not like how they did.
Ed whoever...
Okay... Bostons first album sold 20 million GNR's first album 20 million.
Dio's Last in Line went Platinum and then Holy Diver...
So with very little airplay in the 80s and with only really headbangers ball playing his videos he got 1 million in sales...
Yes... MTV doesn't play music videos anymore... But, there are way more markets for exposure now, and the elite are the ones clogging the pipes.
So Ed whoever with all the weight and power of the industry... Can only muster 3 million...
That's not good numbers...
That's not healthy.
And those numbers for maiden are not correct.
They have had platinum albums in the states.
Those are sales according to the current marker, but discount the sales made on the old system.

And I don't like how the record industry treats musicians, they are now dipping into merch and tour revenue and they have no right to do so. But, that doesn't change the fact that piracy is really hurting its business, and revenue from streaming... Is garbage for the majority of bands.
Sure a few acts have good deals, but most it sucks.

Piracy is a REAL THING.
And it's mostly done by the younger generation.
And yes, I did use naptser once upon a time, and yes I did buy all the stuff I pirated. Eventually.
It can be used for finding out about bands and music.
But, there is a large subset of people that solely pirate and don't buy. And that hurts the industry.

Quoted from vid1900:

That's for sure. Just ask ELO

Kids are still buying albums.
Ed Sheeran SOLD 3 million copies of his album last year.
Drake SOLD 2.4 million copies of his album More Life, and it was kind of a mixtape, not even a proper album.
-
Then look at the total USA sales of Maiden's catalog (sorry, I could not find worldwide sales for Maiden):
Iron Maiden (1980) - 196,628
Killers (1981) - 211,410
The Number Of The Beast (1982) - 357,463
Piece Of Mind (1983) - 347,400
Powerslave (1984) - 299,022
Live After Death (1985) - 558,578
Somewhere In Time (1986) - 291,420
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (1988) - 218,056
No Prayer For The Dying (1989) - 213,745
Fear Of The Dark (1992) - 421,786
Live At Donington (1993) - 23,639
A Real Live One (1993) - 108,177
A Real Dead One (1993) - 130,652
A Real Live/Dead One (1998 -new format) - 20,621
The X Factor (1995) - 112,710
Best Of The Beast (1996) - 251,112
Virtual XI (1998) - 65,243
Ed Hunter (1999) - 52,886
Brave New World (2000) - 282,460
Rock In Rio (AUDIO) (2002) - 69,307
Rock In Rio (DVD & VIDEO) (2002) - 59,644
Edward The Great (2002) - 130,611
Dance Of Death (2003) - 138,904
Visions Of The Beast (DVD & VIDEO) (2003) - 77,850
Part 1: Early Days (DVD) (2004) - 32,037
-
Don't fall for the tired cliche that **today's kids** only steal music .
We all used to copy albums onto cassettes with our Nakmichi Dragon decks for friends.
Hell, in a dorm, kids would mass dupe a new album's promo copy and give it to 50 students, before it was even released.

#2663 5 years ago

please delete

#2664 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

[quoted image]

How did you fit the figure?

For $20 this is a great mod!

#2665 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay... Bostons first album sold 20 million

Sure after 40 years, lol.

It's one of the most popular rock albums of all time; it sold 3.3 million albums in it's first year.

So we have to wait 4 decades to see if Ed Sheeran can keep up

maxr;;;esdefault (resized).jpgmaxr;;;esdefault (resized).jpg

-

Fun memory:

Remember when Boston released their last single, "Corporate America" under the band name "Downer's Revenge" so it would not be marketed as dinosaur rock?

It hit #2 on the progressive rock chart.

So kids bought it thinking it was a new band, without the stigma of **Boston**

#2666 5 years ago

Guys last time i updated all my audio settings got wiped out. In general what is the best settings geared towards the music taking precedent over the call outs.

#2667 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:Guys last time i updated all my audio settings got wiped out. In general what is the best settings geared towards the music taking precedent over the call outs.

You should start by setting the music attenuation to about -8 and speech attenuation to +6. - is louder and + is quieter. Then go into the utilities menu and set the individual speakers in the game at different levels. I have new speakers in mine and set the bass near max in the woofer and treble pretty high in the top speakers.

#2668 5 years ago

Testing water here...
I'm considering selling my IMDN LE, $9895 (this is what I paid for).
Local pickup in San Jose.

PM if interested.

#2669 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How did you fit the figure?
For $20 this is a great mod!

Yeah, it looks like a much more expensive mod than that. I put her to the back of the plastic to keep her hand from brushing the glass above. The position worked really well aesthetically, preserving most of the clairvoyant art on the plastic. I cut off the two pegs on the bottom of the figure that were for the base, which I threw out. Glue gun to secure a wire on the back, connected it to the right screw, and made it flush with the plastic. I'd like to try some other lighting options to make it really great, may connect it to the wiring under the dome, which would sync with the flashing, etc. I'm a little concerned about messing with the spike 2 boards but it worked when I tested it at the 4 pin square connector under the playfield. Also think I'll find a better orb, maybe a glass bead.

#2670 5 years ago

My wife is getting dangerously close to threatening my pinball dominance.
Stock settings.

271153E1-0AE5-4E67-9B21-31DDB8E92229 (resized).jpeg271153E1-0AE5-4E67-9B21-31DDB8E92229 (resized).jpeg
#2671 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

My wife is getting dangerously close to threatening my pinball dominance.
Stock settings.[quoted image]

OMG, next she'll be wearing pants!

#2672 5 years ago
Quoted from Buju:

There is a generation of musicians that are raising their kids to be the next in line. I know I hope too. Why just the other day my 6 yr old says “dad I want to be Eddie from Iron Maiden.” Best 6 yr old Halloween costume ever? You be the judge[quoted image][quoted image]

OMG that is absolutely amazing. My 9 year old would be all about this. Amazing.

#2673 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Guys last time i updated all my audio settings got wiped out. In general what is the best settings geared towards the music taking precedent over the call outs.

FYI on my game I have Music Attenuation -25, and Speech Attenuation at 0. Rocks!

#2674 5 years ago

Anyone on here not only swap out a few songs on their Maiden pins, but also add new graphics AND Iron Maiden font for the changed songs- I changed Run to the Hills and Powerslave to Where Eagles Dare and The Prisoner. I had a buddy swap out the songs but couldn’t do the other changes. If you know how to do this...because I don’t, please PM me. Maybe it can’t be done? Thought it was worth asking

#2675 5 years ago

Joining the SE club this weekend!

Without reading the past 54 pages, can anyone tell me what the best shaker motor i should buy is? Stern sells one, but I know there are other manufacturers and people were having problems with one earlier this year.

Are the speakers for the SE decent enough? I'm wondering if I should already plan on a speaker upgrade or if I can plan on lights and blades first.

#2676 5 years ago

Whats an SE? IMDN modes are Pro, Premium or LE.

Quoted from javagrind888:

Without reading the past 54 pages, can anyone tell me what the best shaker motor i should buy is? Stern sells one, but I know there are other manufacturers and people were having problems with one earlier this year.
Are the speakers for the SE decent enough? I'm wondering if I should already plan on a speaker upgrade or if I can plan on lights and other mods first.

#2677 5 years ago

Premium, sorry. JJ lingo i guess.

Actually, not them either. I don't know where I got 'special edition' from.

I'm getting a premium

#2678 5 years ago

Premium, sorry. JJ lingo i guess.
Actually, not them either. I don't know where I got 'special edition' from.
I'm getting a premium

Shaker motor - Pinball Life Rev C shaker for spike/spike2
Speakers - Premium has the same speakers as the PRO (whereas the LE has upgrade speakers). I'd say try before you buy new ones, they may be good enough.

#2679 5 years ago

Are the speakers for the SE decent enough? I'm wondering if I should already plan on a speaker upgrade or if I can plan on lights and blades first.

I kept the stock speakers on my Premium but added a Polk Sub. I am very happy with the combo and highly recommend the sub—it’s around $100 on Amazon.

#2680 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Shaker motor - Pinball Life Rev C shaker for spike/spike2
Speakers - Premium has the same speakers as the PRO (whereas the LE has upgrade speakers). I'd say try before you buy new ones, they may be good enough.

Cool, thanks!

#2681 5 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I kept the stock speakers on my Premium but added a Polk Sub. I am very happy with the combo and highly recommend the sub—it’s around $100 on Amazon.

This one?
https://www.amazon.com/Polk-10-Inch-Powered-Subwoofer-Single/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=sr_1_3

#2682 5 years ago

This one?
amazon.com link »

Yes

#2683 5 years ago

Indiana Eddie

8f1363d9271830aa5edab700de8be6ac (resized).jpg8f1363d9271830aa5edab700de8be6ac (resized).jpg
#2684 5 years ago

My fav is Isle of Man Eddie

Fan art 10 md (resized).jpgFan art 10 md (resized).jpg

#2685 5 years ago

New T-Shirt OCH The Irons

DSC03859 (resized).JPGDSC03859 (resized).JPG
#2686 5 years ago

Finally, finally... Got a Mummy super jackpot!!!!!!
I think the mode finally clicked with me. As I got really close to it in an earlier game.
But, I think focusing on my ramp shooting has really helped my game out. It leads to longer ball times, and I believe all the other shots fall in line when you got the ramps figured out.
I also got to 2 minutes to midnight again.... But, sadly I didn't get the mummy super in the same game I reached 2 minutes to midnight...
Otherwise I might have been able to challenge the beast or whatever is unlocked with 4 cards...
But, that isn't true... I drained after the ball save timer on 2 minutes... So... The game would have ended...
Still, I'm super happy to have gotten that card, as I think I can get it again.
My strategy is simple. Focus on the spinners to get the jackpot shot unlocked as quickly as possible. And hit the yellow arrows to add a ball. And as I said... Being dialed in and accurate with your ramp shots really helps... I know a no brainer.
But, I do have to admit. As I stated my ramp count is set at 6 to start and 6 to complete. And I get an extra ball at 108 million, 250, 400, and 550... I don't always reach the 550...
And right now just for fun before I update the code I have all the ball timers set at max with the exception of the ball start ball save.
And that makes it a whole lot easier to get super jackpots... Easier, not guaranteed.
I might set up 10 ball play to see if I can finally challenge the beast...
Its cheating I know... But, I just want to see it. And then I can focus on achieving it during normal 3 ball play.

#2687 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Finally, finally... Got a Mummy super jackpot!!!!!!
I think the mode finally clicked with me. As I got really close to it in an earlier game.
But, I think focusing on my ramp shooting has really helped my game out. It leads to longer ball times, and I believe all the other shots fall in line when you got the ramps figured out.
I also got to 2 minutes to midnight again.... But, sadly I didn't get the mummy super in the same game I reached 2 minutes to midnight...
Otherwise I might have been able to challenge the beast or whatever is unlocked with 4 cards...
But, that isn't true... I drained after the ball save timer on 2 minutes... So... The game would have ended...
Still, I'm super happy to have gotten that card, as I think I can get it again.
My strategy is simple. Focus on the spinners to get the jackpot shot unlocked as quickly as possible. And hit the yellow arrows to add a ball. And as I said... Being dialed in and accurate with your ramp shots really helps... I know a no brainer.
But, I do have to admit. As I stated my ramp count is set at 6 to start and 6 to complete. And I get an extra ball at 108 million, 250, 400, and 550... I don't always reach the 550...
And right now just for fun before I update the code I have all the ball timers set at max with the exception of the ball start ball save.
And that makes it a whole lot easier to get super jackpots... Easier, not guaranteed.
I might set up 10 ball play to see if I can finally challenge the beast...
Its cheating I know... But, I just want to see it. And then I can focus on achieving it during normal 3 ball play.

When I go for the mummy card I hold a ball on the left flipper and and try to catch the other ball on the right flipper. Next I release the left flipper button a little bit just to let the upper left flipper drop and then shoot the spinner with the ball from the right flipper. At first it’s a bit difficult but once you get your brain to not push the left flipper button as you flip the right the mummy card is pretty easy.

#2688 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Next I release the left flipper button a little bit just to let the upper left flipper drop

not if both contacts of the flippers are very well adjusted and flip / release exactly at the same time

#2689 5 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Totally agree. Just adding a powered sub will dynamically change the low end aggressiveness of the audio much more than swapping out the internal speakers for Flipper Fidelity/Pinball Pro. Cheaper too. Don't get me wrong. Those two companies make a great product. But, you'll get a bigger change by just adding a sub. Less work too.

I'd like to hear how some of you hook your sub up as you can do it a couple different ways. I bought a line converter for about $15 and soldered some speaker wire to the bottom speaker. Then, I used connectors to attach it to the converter wires after I fished the speaker wire under the rear cabinet mesh. Then, used RCA cables to connect to the sub. I've heard some guys just connect the speaker wires directly to the speaker inputs on the back of the sub. Doesn't that limit the output because you're not converting the amplified signal?

#2690 5 years ago
Quoted from Oxidus:

not if both contacts of the flippers are very well adjusted and flip / release exactly at the same time

Those would not be "well adjusted." They would be incorrectly adjusted, and ruining the correct gameplay that Wildbill is already experiencing.

#2691 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I've heard some guys just connect the speaker wires directly to the speaker inputs on the back of the sub. Doesn't that limit the output because you're not converting the amplified signal?

That‘s exactly what I did. But you have to use an active sub and connect it to the low level inputs. Works perfect and the sound quality improved a lot

#2692 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

When I go for the mummy card I hold a ball on the left flipper and and try to catch the other ball on the right flipper. Next I release the left flipper button a little bit just to let the upper left flipper drop and then shoot the spinner with the ball from the right flipper. At first it’s a bit difficult but once you get your brain to not push the left flipper button as you flip the right the mummy card is pretty easy.

Interesting...
I'll give that a go. I've been practicing my cradling skills during multi-balls lately. As I've been watching a lot of papa tutorials and I decided that is a skill I need to cultivate. Been getting better at it... But, I still do a lot of stupid things like try to do a cradle separation and just drain to an outlane... A perfect outlane pass if you will.
But, I think that is another reason why I've been getting better. Just staying in control a little more here and there.
Still not a good player though.. Not yet.

#2693 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Still not a good player though.. Not yet.

Just don't forget to have FUN along the way To me that's the most important part of the hobby, achieving high scores are great, comparing these scores against others is just part of human nature to be competitive. I personally just love getting on Maiden and smacking the balls around head banging (as much as possible without losing sight of the PF ) to the music, sometimes the scores come without even trying. I guess my point is that it's really easy to forget the journey when you're solely focused on a goal.

#2694 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I personally just love getting on Maiden and smacking the balls around head banging (as much as possible without losing sight of the PF) to the music, sometimes the scores come without even trying

Absolutely true, had a game yesterday where i deliberately tried to cradle balls to time important shots with the music.
nothing like starting multiball in perfect sync to Bruce finishing a chorus
Point is i got 3 eddie cards and a GC score on that exact game, all from playing solely for music & fun

#2695 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Totally agree. Just adding a powered sub will dynamically change the low end aggressiveness of the audio much more than swapping out the internal speakers for Flipper Fidelity/Pinball Pro. Cheaper too. Don't get me wrong. Those two companies make a great product. But, you'll get a bigger change by just adding a sub. Less work too.
I'd like to hear how some of you hook your sub up as you can do it a couple different ways. I bought a line converter for about $15 and soldered some speaker wire to the bottom speaker. Then, I used connectors to attach it to the converter wires after I fished the speaker wire under the rear cabinet mesh. Then, used RCA cables to connect to the sub. I've heard some guys just connect the speaker wires directly to the speaker inputs on the back of the sub. Doesn't that limit the output because you're not converting the amplified signal?

I disagree...... For 79 bucks " im close enough to pick up " FF speakers were a huge upgrade and and keep a factory look, Professionally done wiring and no external STUFF was a big sell for me

#2696 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I disagree...... For 79 bucks " im close enough to pick up " FF speakers were a huge upgrade and and keep a factory look, Professionally done wiring and no external STUFF was a big sell for me

Still not nearly as good without a powered sub though.

#2697 5 years ago

For those that swapped speakers in a Maiden...what are you using with your FF or PP speakers?
I'm having a heck of a time dialing mine in.

#2698 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Still not nearly as good without a powered sub though.

I agree ..... but also not as professional looking IMO. Im not listening to my 25 year old 5K home stereo , Im playing pinball.

#2699 5 years ago

Why not just buy the actual JBL speakers that are on the LE ?

They are probably the cheapest JBL speaker @ $35 a pair.

g109STAGE5-f (resized).jpgg109STAGE5-f (resized).jpg
#2700 5 years ago
Quoted from LowScores:

For those that swapped speakers in a Maiden...what are you using with your FF or PP speakers?
I'm having a heck of a time dialing mine in.

The audio mixing in the code is still not quite right.

The mid range is raspy. no speaker will fix this.

Hopefully audio team will sort this out with new code.

Agree, a correctly set up sub will give best audio experience at this time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

There are 15,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/54?hl=chuckcasey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.