(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,767 posts
  • 1,049 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by Oneironaut
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
Ironmaidenshipped (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_182738510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_165233504 (resized).jpg
20240407_164052@4 (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4950 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4947 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3432 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,767 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 316.
#2551 5 years ago

Never mind, this turned out to be a physical problem and unrelated to any code. The right hand tooth on the metal ramp diverter was bent backwards too much and was catching on the ramp diverter hole. A quick removal, bend and replacement and all is good. Up the irons!

#2552 5 years ago

I played an Iron Maiden for the first time today. It was a Pro version, but it had the shaker motor installed. Wow. I loved the game, and I am not even a fan of Iron Maiden music.

There was a Dead Pool and Iron Maiden side by side in the bar, and while both were a load of fun, the Iron Maiden just felt right. The lighting and sound were great and the shots all felt really nice. That Pyramid shot up the middle was so satisfying. If only I had a spare $8500 AUD lying around!

#2553 5 years ago
Quoted from markymark2400:

total pinball newbie, but how does the tournament button work? just got NIB... whats the difference between tournament mode and multiple (4) players? It will let you have more than 4? Or?? THANKS GUYS!

Short version, you probably have no reason enable a tournament or press that button.

Longer version.

Stern has a software for operators to run tournaments called TOPS. In the settings you can enable a tournament, set the time period for the tournament and it can run unattended. Generally it is set to 2 credits, and if you get a high enough score you enter your name and a code to prove it is you. The software computes payouts based on entries in the tournament. There are a couple types (top score and bump and win).

Other interesting note is that US models don't ship with a tournament button. Canadian models do, I have no idea why.

#2554 5 years ago

Pinball by the Lake is being held at Lake Alice in Riverside, CA tomorrow by two of the top players in the world. Iron Maiden Pro is one of the games in the line up and I'm looking forward to seeing the scores, players' reaction and of course it's, performance as legacy tourniment favorite.

Wish me luck.

#2555 5 years ago

After five months of ownership I finally got to battle The Beast! Still having a blast with this pin and don't see myself tiring of it any time soon

20180929_170458 (resized).jpg20180929_170458 (resized).jpg
#2556 5 years ago

Chuck how'd ya do? Slayed them all right?

#2557 5 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

After five months of ownership I finally got to battle The Beast! Still having a blast with this pin and don't see myself tiring of it any time soon
[quoted image]

Congrats! I've been very close, but I think I'll have to close the outlanes at least one notch if I'm going to get there anytime soon. Run to the Hills seems impossible, though!

#2558 5 years ago

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png
#2559 5 years ago

I've closed mine down--the left is still just as bad, maybe the right is better. The right sling just loves putting the ball down the left outlane--my only real gripe with the layout.

#2560 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Chuck how'd ya do? Slayed them all right?

It was a long day and after 15 rounds I didn't get assigned to play IM once!! LOL. I was 3 points short of qualifying for finals and I feel as though if I was in a round with IM I would have made it. dang, maybe next time.

There's another tourniment at Pinball Madness October 19-21 a the Museum of Pinball. (pinballmadness.com) - maybe I'll o better there.

#2561 5 years ago

Does anyone think power spinner is just way too easy to start and complete? I'm not looking to make the game hard, but some things are just a bit too easy in a home environment. I already set Eddie letter difficulty to medium which seems good.

If you have changed settings, what have they been?

Is it just me, or was there a setting to enable/disable the spinner changing the lit mission? I don't see that setting any more.

Rob

#2562 5 years ago

How's everybody still loving this game, several months in now? Still looks pretty positive

#2563 5 years ago

It’s great nearly at 5 months and 600 plays. Still pulls me back ahead of my other machines. I only think about selling because it is so addictive!

#2564 5 years ago

I love mine. Gameplay is awesome. Still dont like the theme. Lol

#2565 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I've closed mine down--the left is still just as bad, maybe the right is better. The right sling just loves putting the ball down the left outlane--my only real gripe with the layout.

That's what slingshots are designed to do on pinball machines.

#2566 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How's everybody still loving this game, several months in now? Still looks pretty positive

Im loving mine and i think its Sterns best game ever probably. Its between IMDN and TWD for sure.

#2567 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

That's what slingshots are designed to do on pinball machines.

Then Maiden is doing an exemplary job of it with the right sling.

#2568 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m still loving how this game plays and can’t get enough of the modes. I’m always looking forward to the next battle with the beast, I’m thinking that is what keeps me coming back for more.

#2569 5 years ago

I love mine, the modes are deep, in that its not just spam one or two shots to complete them (expect for Icarus). Its challenging, at least for me it is. Reminds me a lot of TWD with the evil drains that screw you right when you were about to finally accomplish something significant and the curse words I throw out while playing.

#2570 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I love mine, the modes are deep, in that its not just spam one or two shots to complete them (expect for Icarus). Its challenging, at least for me it is. Reminds me a lot of TWD with the evil drains that screw you right when you were about to finally accomplish something significant and the curse words I throw out while playing.

I find the geometry a bit more forgiving on IMDN than other games. Way more forgiving that SW for example.

Keith said Icarus is actually the most lucrative mode if played right, but I haven't seen that yet. My 117 million on HBTN still stands as my best score on any mode.

Rob

#2571 5 years ago

What is with the extended delay when power modes are completed? I had all but one mode done, then finished the last mode (orbits) and the game took over 30 seconds to finally check off the mode and light cyborg - just after I drained. Anyone else notice this?

Rob

#2572 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What is with the extended delay when power modes are completed? I had all but one mode done, then finished the last mode (orbits) and the game took over 30 seconds to finally check off the mode and light cyborg - just after I drained. Anyone else notice this?
Rob

The game was waiting for you to hit the Orb shot to collect the last power jackpot. When you drained, it gave you credit for having completed it because the power jackpot goes away at that point. Normal behavior.

#2573 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I find the geometry a bit more forgiving on IMDN than other games. Way more forgiving that SW for example.

While I agree that it would appear more forgiving by way of the layout, I find the game extremely unforgiving personally. In fact, when I have played SW, I was having a much easier time making shots and controlling the ball. I can't put my finger on it, but IMDN is a bitch for me. Extremely fun to play, but a bitch none the less. The only other game that has owned me this consistently is TWD.

#2574 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

ow, if thats confirmed I retract my advice! Silly spike2..... sorry for mis-speaking. The PWN controller works great on SAM to adjust tremor shakers.

Thanks for the info. I swapped the shaker out of my SM and put the tremor in there. I bought the $8 PWM from Amazon, I'll give it a shot.

#2575 5 years ago

[[Suppose I'll copy these over from the IMDN mod thread (should have more pics up tomorrow night)]]:

"I expect I'll create a page by tomorrow night and open up pre-orders at that time.

For now, you can make fun of the cheesy audio track I put together (drums were programmed in Addictive Drums 2, but everything else is played/sung/narrated by me--so there's no one else to blame if it just gets some eye-rolls, haha ). Was mixed in stereo without checking mono, so hopefully no issues on mono devices.

Camera was having issues properly displaying the flasher effects. As always, anything with LEDs looks better in person, though video is not a skill I have..."

20180922_175713 (resized).jpg20180922_175713 (resized).jpg20180925_174602 (resized).jpg20180925_174602 (resized).jpg20180925_174719 (resized).jpg20180925_174719 (resized).jpg

#2576 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I don't spend much time in the game shed, But when I do Maiden is played. Only played about 100 games so far.
I'm a little embarrassed to say that METLE has not been played once since I've had Maiden.

I finally have the game dialled in reasonably well, 1.05 code 3 ball factory 6.66 deg pitch both outlanes centered.

Finding IMDN super fun and challenging, always wanting to go back for more !
I'm nowhere near NotB yet, only had Cyborg a couple of times.
I am having trouble getting Shards and making left and right ramps for me is difficult.
I can perhaps blame it on my poor eyesight, lol. I don't like to play wearing specs.

Will say ( for me ) the game is very challenging and ramp shots can be frustrating, the rules are deep enough, easy to understand and super fun.
The delay on my upper right flipper makes left loop challenging. The auto ball launch getting lazy after warm up is frustrating.

My lady has no idea about the band but really loves the IMDN pinball.

I have played hundreds of pinball machines thousands of games over the last 40 years and IMDN is truly the best fun yet !

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#2577 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

The game was waiting for you to hit the Orb shot to collect the last power jackpot. When you drained, it gave you credit for having completed it because the power jackpot goes away at that point. Normal behavior.

Ok. that makes sense now, thanks! I don't think there was a callout for shooting the orb, or maybe I missed it.....

Rob

#2578 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

While I agree that it would appear more forgiving by way of the layout, I find the game extremely unforgiving personally. In fact, when I have played SW, I was having a much easier time making shots and controlling the ball. I can't put my finger on it, but IMDN is a bitch for me. Extremely fun to play, but a bitch none the less. The only other game that has owned me this consistently is TWD.

I find shots on IMDN just way more intuitive than SW. SW was probably the first Ritchie game where the ramp and orbit shots just somehow felt 'off'. I can't quite explain it, but right ramp and right orbit were always a chore (for me) to shoot and left orbit wasn't much better. Left ramp was ok and so was the mini loop, except if the fork ramp is up. Then that can be a bit frustrating too. I thought with IMDN that the left ramp was going to be a bother, but in fact I really like making that shot. I have never played TWD so I can't comment on that one.

Rob

#2579 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I find shots on IMDN just way more intuitive than SW. SW was probably the first Ritchie game where the ramp and orbit shots just somehow felt 'off'. I can't quite explain it, but right ramp and right orbit were always a chore (for me) to shoot and left orbit wasn't much better. Left ramp was ok and so was the mini loop, except if the fork ramp is up. Then that can be a bit frustrating too. I thought with IMDN that the left ramp was going to be a bother, but in fact I really like making that shot. I have never played TWD so I can't comment on that one.
Rob

Sounds like it is still a big winner! Even better for those of us that like the theme. I’m a huge fan of the band but actually think the way the music is integrated is sort of annoying - part of pinball i guess. Can’t disagree on the comments on SW ^^^^

#2580 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sounds like it is still a big winner! Even better for those of us that like the theme. I’m a huge fan of the band but actually think the way the music is integrated is sort of annoying - part of pinball i guess. Can’t disagree on the comments on SW ^^^^

I understand what you mean about the music, but it's just part of the design. I'm not a music buff, but I really do love music themed pinball as evident by my current collection. I would like to get a BM66 as well someday.

Rob

#2581 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't think there was a callout for shooting the orb, or maybe I missed it.....

There's no callout for collecting Power Jackpots; my assumption is that the game generally wants you to consider risking building it up before collecting it. Doesn't exactly apply to this situation with the last one(s) left, of course, but I think that's a big reason you never get directed to collect it.

#2582 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

There's no callout for collecting Power Jackpots; my assumption is that the game generally wants you to consider risking building it up before collecting it. Doesn't exactly apply to this situation with the last one(s) left, of course, but I think that's a big reason you never get directed to collect it.

Sounds plausible... Maybe the game code should ready Cyborg Multiball right away and if the player forgoes the power jackpot shot, well then too bad..
But, perhaps there could be a callout for shooting the orb at the same time. I hope Keith is reading this and thinks about a few things we discuss here. I'd also like to see Bonus X displayed at least in the instant info because nothing really shows that as far as I know. Maybe one of the Mystery Level 3 awards could be a bonus hold too, if there isn't one already in the game.

Rob

#2583 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Sounds plausible... Maybe the game code should ready Cyborg Multiball right away and if the player forgoes the power jackpot shot, well then too bad..

Cyborg MB is qualified by finishing the power features. To finish a power feature, you do 3 things: A) get enough of that feature to start it; B) get enough of it to count it down to zero; C) Collect the power jackpot at the Orb shot (or drain).

I think it's working just fine, though I do understand that it can be a little confusing.

Quoted from Rob_G:

I'd also like to see Bonus X displayed at least in the instant info because nothing really shows that as far as I know.

Instant Info is coming AFAIK. I'd like to see current EDDIE progress before I plunge a ball, at least in competitive settings.

#2584 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just the auto and manual ball launch issues some people have been plagued with. Fixable, but annoying.
Also, if it's an early one, there may not be a plastic near the upper left pop bumper that prevents a ball trap. You can request it from Stern. The first run didn't have it.

Here are the part numbers for the pop bumper plastic for early run pros if anyone needs one.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#2585 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Cyborg MB is qualified by finishing the power features. To finish a power feature, you do 3 things: A) get enough of that feature to start it; B) get enough of it to count it down to zero; C) Collect the power jackpot at the Orb shot (or drain).

Since power jackpot is lost from a drain, I don't see why it cannot also be lost if you neglect to shoot it and start CMB instead. But, I don't write the rules of course

Rob

#2586 5 years ago

Just had my best game to date. Score was right around 700 million, but i got mummy card for the first time, had trooper card, i was 1 shot from cyborg and 2 shots from 2 min to midnite. Ive never been that close to 2 min. Worst part i was at 600 mill on ball 1. And had an extra ball! Last 3 balls went quick!! Cant get enough of this game

#2587 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

but i got mummy card for the first time

I'm still hunting for my first mummy card. Maybe tonight....

#2588 5 years ago

I wasnt sure what to do to complete it. Its all the amount of switches hit, then hit captive. To collect you hit the bullseye and the award is based partially on accuracy. I thought you had to combo the ramps. Still not easy keeping multiball alive to get it. I seem to get trooper at leasg half the time, but that one is hard to do!

#2589 5 years ago

Well looks like you inspired me brother. Got the mummy card tonight! Plus started can I play with madness for the first time. It took me too much time to figure out what the heck was going on before draining out. Cool mode though. Had all but the 2 minutes to midnight card collected. There's hope after-all. Score was well short of yours. Around 570 million.

#2590 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

[[Suppose I'll copy these over from the IMDN mod thread (should have more pics up tomorrow night)]]:
"I expect I'll create a page by tomorrow night and open up pre-orders at that time.
For now, you can make fun of the cheesy audio track I put together (drums were programmed in Addictive Drums 2, but everything else is played/sung/narrated by me--so there's no one else to blame if it just gets some eye-rolls, haha ). Was mixed in stereo without checking mono, so hopefully no issues on mono devices.
Camera was having issues properly displaying the flasher effects. As always, anything with LEDs looks better in person, though video is not a skill I have..."

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

For those interested, a separate thread has been made here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-tomb-mod-for-iron-maiden-pro-medisinyl-mods-

Otherwise, I've had off and on success with my autoplunge making it up top (as it seems nearly everyone else has). Worked great out of the box before eventually failing every time. Oddly enough, the suggestion to wax the shooter lane worked perfectly for a few games. I was surprised, but sure enough the issue came back and wax did no good after that. Seems I'll be trying to move the manual plunger a bit as others have suggested.

#2591 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:For those interested, a separate thread has been made here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-tomb-mod-for-iron-maiden-pro-medisinyl-mods-
Otherwise, I've had off and on success with my autoplunge making it up top (as it seems nearly everyone else has). Worked great out of the box before eventually failing every time. Oddly enough, the suggestion to wax the shooter lane worked perfectly for a few games. I was surprised, but sure enough the issue came back and wax did no good after that. Seems I'll be trying to move the manual plunger a bit as others have suggested.

When I saw it, I have to admit I immediately thought of this:

pic (resized).jpgpic (resized).jpg
#2592 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

When I saw it, I have to admit I immediately thought of this: [quoted image]

Well...crap. I suppose now I'll have to start including adult inserts

#2593 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

For those interested, a separate thread has been made here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-tomb-mod-for-iron-maiden-pro-medisinyl-mods-

All you gotta do is bend the prongs on the auto plunger until the ball starts traveling the right path. You may have to adjust it after that periodically also but in my opinion there is no need for bending the guide rails and waxing the playfield or anything else. Find out which prong isnt touching the ball of the auto plunger prongs in resting position and all the way forward position and adjust accordingly. Its literally a one or two minute fix but for some reason everyone wants to keep trying to fix it the hard way.

#2594 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

All you gotta do is bend the prongs on the auto plunger until the ball starts traveling the right path. You may have to adjust it after that periodically also but in my opinion there is no need for bending the guide rails and waxing the playfield or anything else. Find out which prong isnt touching the ball of the auto plunger prongs in resting position and all the way forward position and adjust accordingly. Its literally a one or two minute fix but for some reason everyone wants to keep trying to fix it the hard way.

Now that you mention it, I did adjust the prongs when noticing my left side wasn't touching by a hair. I noticed earlier today however that the right side was now not touching by a hair, so that may very well be the best route to look at first. Thank you

#2595 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Now that you mention it, I did adjust the prongs when noticing my left side wasn't touching by a hair. I noticed earlier today however that the right side was now not touching by a hair, so that may very well be the best route to look at first. Thank you

You’re welcome, just remember to make small adjustments. I adjusted mine to where it started shooting perfectly, three days later it started missing again so i made another adjustment and it has been working with 100% accuracy ever since then for a long time now. I truly believe that this is the fix and a fix that will work on all games. I could be wrong but i would bet that im not.

#2596 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I wasnt sure what to do to complete it. Its all the amount of switches hit, then hit captive. To collect you hit the bullseye and the award is based partially on accuracy. I thought you had to combo the ramps. Still not easy keeping multiball alive to get it. I seem to get trooper at leasg half the time, but that one is hard to do!

I think you've got yourself confused, if you're talking about Mummy Multiball

In Mummy Multiball you need to hit the required number of switches (10, 20, 30, 40 then 50) then hit the captive ball. This awards a Jackpot and spots a letter of Mummy.

Once you have repeated this 4 times and have all 5 letters shoot the centre ramp to hit the Pharaoh target to get the Super Jackpot and the Mummy Card. (This awards 3x if you hit the centre bullseye or 2x if it's the inner, plus whatever playfield multiplier is running - I hit a sextuple jackpot last night )

To get an add a ball (of which you can get 3), you need to hit all of the yellow shots.
On starting it's just 2 shots - both ramps,
then 4 shots - both ramps and both orbits
then 8 shots - both ramps, both orbits, both loops, pharaoh target & Super Jackpot target.

Progress is 'sort of' remembered between each time you get to Mummy Multiball. In so much as it will remember how many letters you lit during your last multiball, but not how many switches you had progressed towards lighting the next letter. Also it will remember if you've had an add a ball, but not if you made any progress towards the next one i.e. if you have already had 1 add a ball on your first multiball (by hitting both ramps) and then hit both ramps and one of the orbits (meaning you only had 1 orbit to hit to get your 2nd aab), when you next go into Mummy Multiball you'll need to hit all 4 shots again to get your aab.

#2597 5 years ago

Ya, i was confusing the add a ball with the super jackpot.

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Well looks like you inspired me brother. Got the mummy card tonight! Plus started can I play with madness for the first time. It took me too much time to figure out what the heck was going on before draining out. Cool mode though. Had all but the 2 minutes to midnight card collected. There's hope after-all. Score was well short of yours. Around 570 million.

Awesome!

#2598 5 years ago

What is can i play with madness mode? I dont remember seeing that on the rules sheet i was reading.

#2599 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is a shaker a must for this pin? Is it integrated well? For those that have it, what setting do you use?

Yes!!

#2600 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

There's no callout for collecting Power Jackpots;

Are you sure??? I could swear he literally says "power jackpot collected!"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 15,767 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/52?hl=screaminsauce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.