(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 317.
#2501 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is a shaker a must for this pin? Is it integrated well? For those that have it, what setting do you use?

Yes. Leave it at maximal, which is the default setting. Pinball Life has great prices on them. DO NOT get the Cointaker Red Tremors. Very unpleasant shakers. I hate them.

#2502 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is a shaker a must for this pin?

No. A shaker is never a must for a pin.

#2503 5 years ago

I just had a decent game where I got 117 million for "Hallowed Be Thy Name". I started the mission and carried it into Trooper multiball. I think I might have even got 2x playfield going too. The points racked up really fast... Lots of fun!

Rob

#2504 5 years ago

Does any offer a red Start button? I have seen the blue one but find it odd that would be the only other offering.

#2505 5 years ago

I think this pin has one of the best integrated shakers. When the crypt open and the machine begins to shake, is awesome!

#2506 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

No. A shaker is never a must for a pin.

Except maybe Iron Man. Put one in and wow. With the intense music in that game and a sub, the shaker just puts it over the top. I don't think it's that great in IMDN as it doesn't have the same direct hit targents like Iron Man (war machine kicker, whiplash, monger). IMDN is more loops and ramps. Having the game rumble as the lock opens up (LE/Prem) isn't all that exciting.

If I had an IMDN without a shaker, I personally wouldn't bother... But opinions are like Ash Poles...

#2507 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is a shaker a must for this pin? Is it integrated well? For those that have it, what setting do you use?

Certainly not required but for home use and if you like mods, this is, on most pins, one of the best $100 you can spend. IMO.

#2508 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Certainly not required but for home use and if you like mods, this is, on most pins, one of the best $100 you can spend. IMO.

I’d vote external powered sub 1st, then shaker. But of course get both! Totally next level!

#2509 5 years ago

whats the best way to add this to the playield? do people drill it in or ??

IMG_6908 (resized).JPGIMG_6908 (resized).JPG
#2510 5 years ago
Quoted from markymark2400:

[quoted image]

Make a bracket from some scrap plastic (like a broken protector or pinball fob or whatever) and screw the figure's feet into that, then attach the bracket to a pop bumper or pop bumpers. That way it's completely reversible with no trace left on the machine.

#2511 5 years ago
Quoted from markymark2400:

[quoted image]

Ziptie him in around his waist and you can hide it under his shirt.

#2512 5 years ago

I bit the $99 bullet and bought the headphone adaptor. I know that it's way overpriced (like most Stern accessories) but it's, currently, the only neat and clean way to add headphones. Super easy to install and looks nice.

IM HP 1 (resized).jpegIM HP 1 (resized).jpegIM HP 2 (resized).jpegIM HP 2 (resized).jpegIM HP 3 (resized).jpegIM HP 3 (resized).jpeg
#2513 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I think this pin has one of the best integrated shakers. When the crypt open and the machine begins to shake, is awesome!

I think it could be better. For example, the shaker could also be synced to the gunfire effects in Aces High and also the match sequence. Like War Machine shaker effects in Iron Man... So exceptionally done!

Rob

#2514 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think it could be better.

I think that of the pins I own, all of which have shakers, this is the least "must have" shaker. I agree it could have been used a bit more. The only time I really notice it, is when the tomb is opening and closing. That's cool, but hardly warrants a must have status. For disclosure purposes, I haven't reached a handful of the modes, so I can't speak for those.

#2515 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I bit the $99 bullet and bought the headphone adaptor. I know that it's way overpriced (like most Stern accessories) but it's, currently, the only neat and clean way to add headphones. Super easy to install and looks nice.

If no headphones are plugged in, does that control speaker volume?

#2516 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. Leave it at maximal, which is the default setting. Pinball Life has great prices on them. DO NOT get the Cointaker Red Tremors. Very unpleasant shakers. I hate them.

LOL!!! My floor would break if I leave mine on maximum. I posted a long time ago about how it just shook my whole house and the old floorboards too violently.
I put it on moderate use, and that for my current house and situation is perfect. But, when I get a new home.
It's going back to MAX!!!!!

Lastly. I do have a bit of an update on Iron Maiden. So it seems the tomb rewards, you cannot double dip them. By that I mean you can't get a loop jackpot collection tomb reward. Collect the reward and then get another one once you get the loop jackpot again.
It won't give you another one.

And I still don't know how to get a soul shard for all the modes... I thought for Rime you shot the arrows and open the underworld ramp. Hit that shot and get teh jackpot.
Then shoot the right side arrows and get the ramp open again and collect a 2nd jackpot... But, nope... Nope... Nope... I did that and then I had a ball drain.
So I was like no big deal. Get control of the last ball and prepare to shot up the middle to get soul shard... But, nope. Didn't unlock it.

And I wish. If you actually complete a mode there is a way to re-qualify for your soul shard.

I'd like to know who has made it to run to the hills. Cos that just seems next to impossible for me. I think if I'm lucky... Maybe I can battle the beast one day... Maybe... But, Run to the hills... No chance in hell.

#2517 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I think that of the pins I own, all of which have shakers, this is the least "must have" shaker. I agree it could have been used a bit more. The only time I really notice it, is when the tomb is opening and closing. That's cool, but hardly warrants a must have status. For disclosure purposes, I haven't reached a handful of the modes, so I can't speak for those.

Which would you say are the most "must haves" that you have experienced so far?

#2518 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have a Red Tremor in mine right now, I want to swap it out. It's violent. I'm hoping it's a bit more subtle with a different one. Is there any way to dial the Red Tremor down?

#2519 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I have a Red Tremor in mine right now, I want to swap it out. It's violent. I'm hoping it's a bit more subtle with a different one. Is there any way to dial the Red Tremor down?

You can adjust the weights to soften it, but in my experience that's a waste of time as it's not enough. Sell your Red Tremor to someone who likes the violent rough shaking and get one of the Pinball Life shakers. You'll be much happier.

#2520 5 years ago

Yes, install a pwm controller and you can fine tune the tremor down to a purr. Check twd thread for info but adjust for spike2

Quoted from Shredso:

#2521 5 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

If no headphones are plugged in, does that control speaker volume?

Yes. You just change one of the settings to “headphones + speakers” and it will control the main volume as well. The kit comes with instructions that detail the adjustment menu options.

#2522 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Which would you say are the most "must haves" that you have experienced so far?

Subjective of course, but personally
TWD - if for no other reason, for the intensity it adds to the start of horde.
STTNG - though not a native integration, feeling the Borg shots hitting your ship, just as perfection to an already awesome multiball.
ACDC - The start of multiball and feeling the train rumbling down the tracks, just sends the hairs on the back of my neck straight up.

To me those are the best, though I haven't played every game available with a shaker installed, so I'm sure I can find others that are must haves....

#2523 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay guys... Got a question for you all.
I've only ever made it to Can I play with Madness mode I think 3-4 times. I believe only a handful of times I got the right amount of tomb rewards and I just sucked and couldn't hit that blasted ramp. So besides the advice of "play better".
I'd like to ask some of you about the tomb rewards and how you get them.
I know by soul shards you can get them. But, honestly this game is drain happy, and the most consistent modes I get them on are Hallowed and Fear of the Dark. I have gotten them 3 times only on Rime. I think you need to get 2 jackpots on Rime. Which means you hit the left shots and open the ramp, and then shoot the ramp. Then you hit the right shots and shoot the underworld ramp. But, maybe I am wrong about the qualifier.
My balls end in double drain a lot and triple... But, also it can be a pain to make the shots some multiballs. I need to practice my cradle skills.
I think only once I ever qualified for the Soul Shard on Aces.
Do you need to down 2 bombers????
Could someone tell me the requirements for the soul shard for Aces.
And lastly what are the qualifiers for Flight of Icarus mode. Don't know those as I suck in that mode.
The easiest reward for me is the trooper super jackpot... I don't get it all the time, but I do get it often enough.
Mummy super. I have not even come close to. That mode is way too hard and needs to be dumbed down.
Loop jackpot collection I seem to be alright at getting.
Now my last question is about the 6 way combo.
What is the best way to achieve that. Could you do left ramp right ramp 3 times and get it? Or do they all have to be unique shots. If so, then I will never ever get a 6 way combo... At least not on purpose.
As is I think my best is right hitting the ramp 4 times and then the left orbit.
And then... I guess I do have one more. If I hit a 6 way combo and collect the reward. Can I hit a 6 way combo again and get another tomb reward... Same would apply for the loop jackpot.
Just really cheeses me off that soul shards are so blooming hard to get. And you can complete a mode and still not get them. As you could drain, or run out of time to collect them.
I know. The best answer is to play better. And I'm trying. Any advice would help.
Thanks.

Aces High
Soul Shard goal: Destroy the Ace

Stage 1: destroy 4 fighters. Shoot any blue arrow shots to defeat a fighter.
Stage 2: defeat 2 bombers. Shoot a ramp to lock on, then shoot the center bulls-eye shot to destroy a bomber. Second bomber you need to hit the opposite ramp to lock on again.
Stage 3: defeat the ace. Shoot the strobing shot to lock on, then shoot the center bulls-eye shot within 5 seconds to destroy the ace.

Rime of the Ancient Mariner (On the Pro, not sure if it's different on the Prem)
Soul Shard goal: Collect the Port and Starboard (Super) Jackpots

Centre shot is lit to shoot down the albatross and collect a hurry-up counting down from 1M. Shoot centre shot to lock in this value as your MB Shot Value and start a 2-ball multiball.
During multiball, port (left) shots are lit. Each lit shot moves the cluster of shots towards the centre ramp. Once lit hit to collect port jackpot.
Then starboard (right) lights are lit. Hit shots to move cluster towards centre ramp. Again, hit lit centre ramp to collect starboard jackpot.

Flight of Icarus
Soul Shard goal: Collect at least 20 million

Shoot alternating lit ramps, scoring 1M (+250K increment for each ramp shot, lit or unlit). Combo ramps on a 5 second timer for incremental multiplied scoring (ex: 1st combo at 2x, 2nd at 3x, etc). A 5x combo totals 25mil. (Best use of playfield multiplier IMHO. 2x playfield only requires 4x combo (30mil). 3x playfield only requires a 3x combo (24mil).)

Hallowed Be Thy Name
Soul Shard goal: Break free

Complete objectives in order as quickly as possible.
Shoot any one orange arrow
Shoot the captive ball
Shoot another remaining orange arrow
Complete all of the drop targets
Shoot the centre ramp

Fear of the Dark
Soul Shard goal: Complete three spinner rips

Four shots are lit with purple arrows.
Completing any one of them lights the spinners
Hit either of the spinners to get back to 'purple mode'
Hit a spinner again
Repeat purple and spinner shot once more.

(After hitting a purple shot, shooting the right ramp (which stays lit purple) doubles the spinner value.
Revive spinner scores double the left orbit spinner.)

Collecting a soul shard lights tomb treasure.
Other ways of lighting the tomb treasure are (in order of difficulty?):

Collect a Loop jackpot
Trooper Jackpot
Mummy Jackpot
Level 3 mystery - AFTER 2 minutes to midnight
Complete No. of the Beast
6 Way Combo
Lvl 2 of each Eddie Card!

You must complete 10 (out of 12) different objectives to light 10 tomb awards and qualify Run to the Hills.

FWIW - I've collected tomb treasures from 9 different objectives, just not all on the same game.
Aces seems to be the hardest of the modes for me, I've only managed it once.

#2524 5 years ago

Great tips Jxxx, thanks.
I don't have much tech help or experience to offer, but I do have experience with a shaker contributing to my cracked Mustang cab.
The most important thing to remember with shakers on Sterns, in my opinion, is to make sure you have the B/W leg brackets installed first.

#2525 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Aces High
Stage 2: defeat 2 bombers. Shoot a ramp to lock on, then shoot the center bulls-eye shot to destroy a bomber. Second bomber you need to hit the opposite ramp to lock on again.
Stage 3: defeat the ace. Shoot the strobing shot to lock on, then shoot the center bulls-eye shot within 5 seconds to destroy the ace.
Rime of the Ancient Mariner (On the Pro, not sure if it's different on the Prem)
Centre shot is lit to shoot down the albatross and collect a hurry-up counting down from 1M. Shoot centre shot to lock in this value as your MB Shot Value and start a 2-ball multiball.
During multiball, port (left) shots are lit. Each lit shot moves the cluster of shots towards the centre ramp. Once lit hit to collect port jackpot.
Then starboard (right) lights are lit. Hit shots to move cluster towards centre ramp. Again, hit lit centre ramp to collect starboard jackpot.
Flight of Icarus
Shoot alternating lit ramps, scoring 1M (+250K increment for each ramp shot, lit or unlit). Combo ramps on a 5 second timer for incremental multiplied scoring (ex: 1st combo at 2x, 2nd at 3x, etc). A 5x combo totals 25mil. (Best use of playfield multiplier IMHO. 2x playfield only requires 4x combo (30mil). 3x playfield only requires a 3x combo (24mil).)
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Shoot the captive ball
Shoot the centre ramp
Fear of the Dark
Hit a spinner again
(After hitting a purple shot, shooting the right ramp (which stays lit purple) doubles the spinner value.
Collect a Loop jackpot
Trooper Jackpot
Mummy Jackpot
6 Way Combo
You must complete 10 (out of 12) different objectives to light 10 tomb awards and qualify Run to the Hills.
FWIW - I've collected tomb treasures from 9 different objectives, just not all on the same game.

That beats my strategy of flipping aimlessly hoping to hit a flashing light.

#2526 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Yes, install a pwm controller and you can fine tune the tremor down to a purr. Check twd thread for info but adjust for spike2

I didn't think you could use PWM on Spike games like you could on SAM games? I would thoroughly research before adding a PWM to a Spike game....

#2527 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Aces High
Flight of Icarus
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Shoot the captive ball
Shoot the centre ramp
Fear of the Dark
Hit a spinner again
Collect a Loop jackpot
Trooper Jackpot
Mummy Jackpot
6 Way Combo

Gonna save this

Am I right in thinking collecting a soul shard lights up the tomb treasure which can then be collected?

#2528 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Gonna save this
Am I right in thinking collecting a soul shard lights up the tomb treasure which can then be collected?

exactly this, although tomb treasures can't be collected in MBs or modes.

#2529 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

exactly this, although tomb treasures can't be collected in MBs or modes.

And I can now see why Escher seems to be the only person to have got to RTTH'S?

Even Keith hadn't a month or so back!

#2530 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

A pwm on spike will blow a node board.

#2531 5 years ago

ow, if thats confirmed I retract my advice! Silly spike2..... sorry for mis-speaking. The PWN controller works great on SAM to adjust tremor shakers.

Quoted from Raegor:

A pwm on spike will blow a node board.

#2532 5 years ago

Yea it's happened to a few people. I have them as well on my sam & whitewater but you can't use them on spike.

I plan to get IMDN eventually will have to figure another way to adjust a shaker, I like them to slightly rumble.

#2533 5 years ago

Maiden pinball, and maiden beer. Life is good!

20180925_174020 (resized).jpg20180925_174020 (resized).jpg
#2534 5 years ago

What's the lowest delivered price anyone got a premium for?

I've got a local guy that says his distributor has a really nice price.

PM me, I fully understand the low prices can't be posted......

#2535 5 years ago

How much value is there in leaving the upper left flipper down when making the loop shot with the upper right? I recall hearing or reading that you were rewarded for making the tighter shot. True? What's the result?

#2536 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

How much value is there in leaving the upper left flipper down when making the loop shot with the upper right? I recall hearing or reading that you were rewarded for making the tighter shot. True? What's the result?

I'm not sure, but I think something was also changed where you had to have the top left flipper down (for the jackpot?).

Rob

#2537 5 years ago

Got my premium. Love the game but the sound isnt great. Any premium owners out there upgrage their speakers? I'm interested in any owners with the premium model that's swapped speakers for an upgrade.

#2538 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

With the flipper up, it's 1/2 the normal value of the shot. Point total varies of course.

#2539 5 years ago
Quoted from LowScores:

Got my premium. Love the game but the sound isnt great. Any premium owners out there upgrage their speakers? I'm interested in any owners with the premium model that's swapped speakers for an upgrade.

I put FF 10" kit in mine and it made a worthy difference in the depth of the audio. However, they are still held back by Sterns weak amp. I decided that it was good enough with just the speakers, but a new amp would make a huge difference.

#2540 5 years ago
Quoted from LowScores:

Did the same as Bigdaddy and agree. Sounds much better than stock but if you improved the amp it would be outstanding.

#2541 5 years ago

Quick question...After the game is over, on the long list of high scores and other honorary titles, I see one called Spinner Meltdown Master, but how does the Spinner Meltdown Master award work? It's different than the Spinner Master award that I see as well.

#2542 5 years ago

Anyone change their sling strength from factory? Seems like I get an extraordinary amount of drains off the right sling to the left outlane. Maybe I just need to play better.

#2543 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Anyone change their sling strength from factory? Seems like I get an extraordinary amount of drains off the right sling to the left outlane. Maybe I just need to play better.

The outlanes are just brutal. I've lowered the post all the way down on my right side and have noticed very little impact. I've even had desperate thoughts of closing it off completely or at least getting some extenders, like I have on TWD. I didn't want to alter the left, since I didn't want to reduce my chances of getting the very lucrative super secret skill shot on that side. Also, I'm having one hell of a time gaining ball control during the multiballs. In most games I can capture one or two and take controlled shots with the other, this one is really challenging for me.

#2544 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Did the same as Bigdaddy and agree. Sounds much better than stock but if you improved the amp it would be outstanding.

This thread shows how to install an inexpensive external amp for the speakers to greatly improve the sound quality (haven't done this myself): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-on-board-amp-with-external-amp-for-iron-maiden

#2545 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I set mine to 25 and they are still plenty strong.

Rob

#2546 5 years ago

Mine is by 25 too.

#2547 5 years ago

Anybody have a checklist of all the little pinside tips assembled for Iron Maiden? Maybe from having your own Maiden early on and following the threads?

This is my first NIB game, most of the time a used machine has been gone through, things tweaks, stuff added or adjusted.

Everything seems to play fine but IM trying to understand if I should look at all the little odds and ends (looking for recommendations).
Examples - Protectors, light changes, adjustments (like flipper comments above). I'm going to upgrade the speakers but would like to just knock out any suggested adjustments right out the gate.

Any recommendations would rock.

#2548 5 years ago

total pinball newbie, but how does the tournament button work? just got NIB... whats the difference between tournament mode and multiple (4) players? It will let you have more than 4? Or?? THANKS GUYS!

#2549 5 years ago

I had my best game so far after owning a premium for a couple of weeks.

I was a super jackpot in mummy mutiball away from Number of the Beast.

It's such a great pin.

02884FC6-F366-47A3-A8AD-8DDB4D8E6704 (resized).jpeg02884FC6-F366-47A3-A8AD-8DDB4D8E6704 (resized).jpeg
#2550 5 years ago

Anyone having trouble with the sarcophagus/mummy mech on latest code? It was working great out of box (hit captive ball enough times to spell mummy, ramp guardian lifts up, shoot left ramp to lock ball), but now it seems out of sync. I believe the default is that M-U-M is prelit, so we shoot captive ball twice, the audio cue states that the sarcophagus is opening, but the guardian never lifts up. I should read the 50 pages of comments to figure this out myself but is there a known issue in the latest code with the mummy feature? Thanks ahead of time for any help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/51?hl=raegor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.