(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8120 (resized).png
IMG_8121 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 313.
#2451 5 years ago

New actuator got the job done! I left the orb alone, its been working fine. Sarc is way better now. Thanks Stern!

#2452 5 years ago

Making the upper loop shot (top right flipper to left loop back to top right flipper) should count as an orbit shot right?

#2453 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Making the upper loop shot (top right flipper to left loop back to top right flipper) should count as an orbit shot right?

I don't have the game in front of me but all the shots that count have the yellow Power insert in front of them.

#2454 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Here’s what you need if you want both Eddies:
Cyborg Eddie, part #550-7421-00
Piece of Mind Eddie, part #550-7422-00
Bracket for sculpt mount, part #535-1854-00
Screw 6x1/2 PTH A, part# 237-5809-00 (x2)
Screw 6-32x3/8 PPH MS SEMS (x2)[quoted image]

Do you know what the part number is for the black mount on the back of Eddie for the screw?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#2455 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Love the Maiden topper and note that it goes perfectly with the premium model. Egyptian theme & pharoh - check. I am wondering if topper works with the pro and LE artwork or if it is just too much of a contrast????
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome!

#2456 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Loops are loops and not orbits. The orbits are the spinner and the right orbit.

#2457 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I don't have the game in front of me but all the shots that count have the yellow Power insert in front of them.

Except for the left ramp. There is no power insert. It is indicated using the yellow Anubis light.

#2458 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Do you know what the part number is for the black mount on the back of Eddie for the screw?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hmmm. I dont have that on mine. I assume that’s for airballs...

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2459 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Hmmm. I dont have that on mine. I assume that’s for airballs...[quoted image]

That's what I thought it may be for. The pic was taken on location from a premium edition.

#2460 5 years ago

Looks to me like you could use a standard post rubber, maybe cut down slightly if necessary, no?

#2461 5 years ago

A note of caution for LE and Premium owners. Check the bundled switch wires on the sarcophagus mechanism and ensure they are not taught (tight). If there's no slack, it will cause the wiring loom to bend more at the arrow location and eventually the wiring will fail (think STTNG cannons). When loosened a bit, there's far less wire movement/bending going on. This was noticed during testing of the sarcophagus unload failure (switch 62 adjusted to resolve).

Rob

20180915_153011 (resized).jpg20180915_153011 (resized).jpg

#2462 5 years ago

A fun shot to try: Right flipper backhand for a target sweep!

Rob

#2463 5 years ago

Cyborg Eddie on my pro.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#2464 5 years ago

Looks great!

#2465 5 years ago

Added some evil

E3B27EDF-7199-460A-AA05-E54A84F83E40 (resized).jpegE3B27EDF-7199-460A-AA05-E54A84F83E40 (resized).jpeg
#2466 5 years ago

Okay guys... Got a question for you all.
I've only ever made it to Can I play with Madness mode I think 3-4 times. I believe only a handful of times I got the right amount of tomb rewards and I just sucked and couldn't hit that blasted ramp. So besides the advice of "play better".

I'd like to ask some of you about the tomb rewards and how you get them.
I know by soul shards you can get them. But, honestly this game is drain happy, and the most consistent modes I get them on are Hallowed and Fear of the Dark. I have gotten them 3 times only on Rime. I think you need to get 2 jackpots on Rime. Which means you hit the left shots and open the ramp, and then shoot the ramp. Then you hit the right shots and shoot the underworld ramp. But, maybe I am wrong about the qualifier.
My balls end in double drain a lot and triple... But, also it can be a pain to make the shots some multiballs. I need to practice my cradle skills.
I think only once I ever qualified for the Soul Shard on Aces.
Do you need to down 2 bombers????
Could someone tell me the requirements for the soul shard for Aces.
And lastly what are the qualifiers for Flight of Icarus mode. Don't know those as I suck in that mode.

The easiest reward for me is the trooper super jackpot... I don't get it all the time, but I do get it often enough.

Mummy super. I have not even come close to. That mode is way too hard and needs to be dumbed down.

Loop jackpot collection I seem to be alright at getting.

Now my last question is about the 6 way combo.
What is the best way to achieve that. Could you do left ramp right ramp 3 times and get it? Or do they all have to be unique shots. If so, then I will never ever get a 6 way combo... At least not on purpose.
As is I think my best is right hitting the ramp 4 times and then the left orbit.

And then... I guess I do have one more. If I hit a 6 way combo and collect the reward. Can I hit a 6 way combo again and get another tomb reward... Same would apply for the loop jackpot.

Just really cheeses me off that soul shards are so blooming hard to get. And you can complete a mode and still not get them. As you could drain, or run out of time to collect them.
I know. The best answer is to play better. And I'm trying. Any advice would help.
Thanks.

#2467 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Tomb rewards I am seriously lacking in when I play. I had to read a rule sheet tonight to see how these were earned.

Quoted from Diospinball:

Mummy super. I have not even come close to. That mode is way too hard and needs to be dumbed down.

I think I got a quadruple mummy super jackpot tonight. It was cool Mummy plays a bit different from the Pro to Premium/LE. You can lock the ball for double switch hits on the Premium/LE.

Quoted from Diospinball:

This seems really hard to do outside of fluking it. I wish there were combo indicators to help. I have yet to accomplish this.

Rob

#2468 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I've only ever made it to Can I play with Madness mode I think 3-4 times. I believe only a handful of times I got the right amount of tomb rewards and I just sucked and couldn't hit that blasted ramp. So besides the advice of "play better".
I know by soul shards you can get them. But, honestly this game is drain happy, and the most consistent modes I get them on are Hallowed and Fear of the Dark. I have gotten them 3 times only on Rime. I think you need to get 2 jackpots on Rime. Which means you hit the left shots and open the ramp, and then shoot the ramp. Then you hit the right shots and shoot the underworld ramp. But, maybe I am wrong about the qualifier.
My balls end in double drain a lot and triple... But, also it can be a pain to make the shots some multiballs. I need to practice my cradle skills.
And lastly what are the qualifiers for Flight of Icarus mode. Don't know those as I suck in that mode.
The easiest reward for me is the trooper super jackpot... I don't get it all the time, but I do get it often enough.
What is the best way to achieve that. Could you do left ramp right ramp 3 times and get it? Or do they all have to be unique shots. If so, then I will never ever get a 6 way combo... At least not on purpose.
As is I think my best is right hitting the ramp 4 times and then the left orbit.
And then... I guess I do have one more. If I hit a 6 way combo and collect the reward. Can I hit a 6 way combo again and get another tomb reward... Same would apply for the loop jackpot.
Just really cheeses me off that soul shards are so blooming hard to get. And you can complete a mode and still not get them. As you could drain, or run out of time to collect them.
I know. The best answer is to play better. And I'm trying. Any advice would help.
Thanks.

Dont feel bad, i dont know what the heck im doing either but im sure having a good time trying to figure it all out. Pinball doesn't get any more fun than IMDN.

#2469 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Thanks.

Just close the outlanes and play a 4 or 5 ball game.

The game will be so much easier, too easy actually.

When it is too easy, go back to factory settings.

#2470 5 years ago

anyone got a link to the latest rule sheet ?

#2471 5 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

anyone got a link to the latest rule sheet ?

Only 2 rules. Hit the lit shots and don’t let the ball drain.

#2472 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Cyborg Eddie on my pro.
[quoted image]

Cyborg pistol looking flacid ?

Mine is sort of okay,

Not sure how long it will last with the warm light on it

Seems the plastic junk is having a meltdown

My Cyborgs right pistol is starting to sag as well

20180920_184449 (resized).jpg20180920_184449 (resized).jpg
#2473 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

They must be unique shots, without repeating and without a death blow. But there is no timer, so you can get control.

KME posted on another forum "Easiest- mini loop to drop catch on right flipper, left ramp, right ramp, L orbit, big loop,loop pass, right orbit. remember there is no timer"

#2474 5 years ago

Just purchased a HUO Pro. I based my decision on gameplay since I couldn't stand Iron Maiden music. Well now that I've had the game for about a week, I cant stop playing it and the music is slowly rubbing off on me, not that I would openly play Maiden in my car or in my Spotify playlist but the game play and music are well integrated. I actually found myself doing slight head movement while playing. I love the fact that this layout is not cookie cutter and that it offers ver different gameplay than other Stern games.

#2475 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Just purchased a HUO Pro. I based my decision on gameplay since I couldn't stand Iron Maiden music. Well now that I've had the game for about a week, I cant stop playing it and the music is slowly rubbing off on me, not that I would openly play Maiden in my car or in my Spotify playlist but the game play and music are well integrated. I actually found myself doing slight head movement while playing. I love the fact that this layout is not cookie cutter and that it offers ver different gameplay than other Stern games.

It's pretty easy to swap a few songs in with pinball-browser if you want to put a few of your favorites in there to supplement the Iron Maiden hits.

#2476 5 years ago

I've found that most people with shitty taste in music can't stand Iron Maiden music, so no worries, you're normal.

#2477 5 years ago

May be picking up a HUO pro this weekend, any common issues the on the pro that I should lookout for?

#2478 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

May be picking up a HUO pro this weekend, any common issues the on the pro that I should lookout for?

I haven't had a single issue on mine. Some people have had issues with autoplunge not going all the way around.

#2479 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Just the auto and manual ball launch issues some people have been plagued with. Fixable, but annoying.

Also, if it's an early one, there may not be a plastic near the upper left pop bumper that prevents a ball trap. You can request it from Stern. The first run didn't have it.

#2480 5 years ago

Not the best player, but i was finally completing stuff and having a good game. Got trooper eddie, cyborg for the first time, had mummy, and only 1 more mode to reach 2 min to midnite. Then the ball drained and i yelled. Loudly! I cant stop playing this game!

#2481 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just the auto and manual ball launch issues some people have been plagued with. Fixable, but annoying.
Also, if it's an early one, there may not be a plastic near the upper left pop bumper that prevents a ball trap. You can request it from Stern. The first run didn't have it.

What do these look like.
I got one of the first prem's in the Chicagoland area... So I probably have an early one.

#2482 5 years ago

Finally found a figure (I think) I like to replace the flat cyborg. Tried a cyborg there and it was too small.

Devil is part of an Iron Maiden Asylum Ultimate figure and includes a HUGE 18" Eddie. Wonder if I can use it as a topper.

Devil trident was broken on arrival, but it might be a blessing. Would not fit in the "up" direction. Does not interfere with gameplay at all.

IMG_0796 (resized).JPGIMG_0796 (resized).JPGIMG_0813 (resized).jpgIMG_0813 (resized).jpgIMG_0814 (resized).jpgIMG_0814 (resized).jpgIMG_0816 (resized).JPGIMG_0816 (resized).JPG
#2483 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

What do these look like.
I got one of the first prem's in the Chicagoland area... So I probably have an early one.

Pretty sure all the Prem/LEs have it. Only the Pros were initially shipped without it.

It is a clear plastic piece that goes on top of the blue plastic to the left of the left ramp (with a spacer) and around the upper left pop bumper to prevent the ball from getting stuck here:
maiden_pro_ball_trap (resized).jpgmaiden_pro_ball_trap (resized).jpg

#2484 5 years ago

Finally made it to Number of the Beast, however, the beast kicked my ass.

Getting 2 Minutes 2 Midnight prior to ball 3 is key for me, as I always seem to drain out during that mode.

#2485 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Finally made it to Number of the Beast, however, the beast kicked my ass.
Getting 2 Minutes 2 Midnight prior to ball 3 is key for me, as I always seem to drain out during that mode.

I have been 3-4 shots away from 2 minutes to midnight, two times the last 3 days of me playing.
But, I got to madness mode again today. So all in all I'm pretty happy.

Getting better... But, man these ramp shots are so dang tight. I'm generally a really good ramp ramp shooter, but I can't hit these consistently.

I was remiss. I meant to congratulate Maken. But, I was a boob and I forgot. Congrats man.
Mind telling me how your game is setup. Also what about your outlane posts.
My left one is in the middle but my right one is the highest one. I'm thinking about lowering both to make the game easier... There are just too many sudden drains that you'd need to be the Flash to prevent.
I doubt even Bowen Kerins could prevent those drains.

#2486 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I have been 3-4 shots away from 2 minutes to midnight, two times the last 3 days of me playing.
But, I got to madness mode again today. So all in all I'm pretty happy.
Getting better... But, man these ramp shots are so dang tight. I'm generally a really good ramp ramp shooter, but I can't hit these consistently.
I was remiss. I meant to congratulate Maken. But, I was a boob and I forgot. Congrats man.
Mind telling me how your game is setup. Also what about your outlane posts.
My left one is in the middle but my right one is the highest one. I'm thinking about lowering both to make the game easier... There are just too many sudden drains that you'd need to be the Flash to prevent.
I doubt even Bowen Kerins could prevent those drains.

Thanks man.

My machine is pretty factory, set at 6.7 degrees. Outlanes are factory, like yours. Settings are factory.

The outlane drains feel fair to me on IMDN, compared to most other modern machines. If you are missing your shots, going out of control and into the slings... you should be draining via the outlanes, because that's pinball.

Certainly wouldn't move the posts in, you won't get any better by making your machines easier.

#2487 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Thanks man.
My machine is pretty factory, set at 6.7 degrees. Outlanes are factory, like yours. Settings are factory.
The outlane drains feel fair to me on IMDN, compared to most other modern machines. If you are missing your shots, going out of control and into the slings... you should be draining via the outlanes, because that's pinball.
Certainly wouldn't move the posts in, you won't get any better by making your machines easier.

I agree to a huge point... Which is why I haven't done it yet...
My problem is I feel these ramps are just too damn tight. The pops get into the way on the left. And the right ramp is dangerous to brick.
These both have to be the some of the tightest pairs of ramps ever in a game.
Which I know probably isn't true as I only played a handful of pinball games.

Still I just wish you had a little bit more leeway with them. With that being said. I think playing my Iron Maiden has made me a much better player overall. And it translates to other machines as well.
So I find myself kicking other machines butts. Like Bride of Pinbot... No, I am not a Billion point club member yet. But, I routinely put up high score games on it and I've gotten close to it. Before Maiden I thought games like that were drain happy... Now, I know how to control the games a bit better.
Still got a long, long way to go. But, at least its a fun journey.

#2488 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Finally found a figure (I think) I like to replace the flat cyborg. Tried a cyborg there and it was too small.
Devil is part of an Iron Maiden Asylum Ultimate figure and includes a HUGE 18" Eddie. Wonder if I can use it as a topper.
Devil trident was broken on arrival, but it might be a blessing. Would not fit in the "up" direction. Does not interfere with gameplay at all.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you please post a link to these figures?

#2489 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Can you please post a link to these figures?

Here's one, but I paid less than half that price so there are more around.

ebay.com link: Iron Maiden Eddie Number of Beast Asylum Ultimate Series Figure 18 Art Asylum

#2490 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

My problem is I feel these ramps are just too damn tight. The pops get into the way on the left. And the right ramp is dangerous to brick.

I'm with you. This game has been kicking my ass and I find the ramps to be a bitch to hit consistently. The outlanes just eat me alive and I nudge and slap this bitch around relentlessly trying to save as many as I can. I'm thinking I'm going to have to drop the posts down. My games are pretty consistent in that I can usually get mummy multiball and trooper mulitball and then occasionally cyborg. Two minutes is always just out of reach and I can't seem to get anything more than 2 tomb treasures. I'm generally a below average player, not terrible, just below average, though like everyone, I do have some days where I play better than normal.

#2491 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I agree to a huge point... Which is why I haven't done it yet...

I don't feel that way. I mean, it's not as easy as any Richie game, but pops on the left are more psychological than anything.

#2492 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I don't feel that way. I mean, it's not as easy as any Richie game, but pops on the left are more psychological than anything.

Weird thing is, I can hit the left ramp all day long. If I'm gonna brick a ramp, it will be the wide-open right one...

#2493 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Thanks man.

I have outlanes all the way in and it doesn't feel like it makes a difference. It seems like whenever the ball gets kicked to either one it loses all horizontal momentum and you're done. I've been thinking of opening it up and seeing if that makes nudging back out any easier.

#2494 5 years ago

My left revive doesn’t seem to be working. It lights but when the ball drains in the left outlane it doesn’t register. The right one works fine. No errors on start up. Any help is greatly appreciated.

#2495 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

My left revive doesn’t seem to be working. It lights but when the ball drains in the left outlane it doesn’t register. The right one works fine. No errors on start up. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1. Check your left outlane switch in switch test (using a ball).
2. Fix your left outlane switch.

#2496 5 years ago

anyone posted a youtube video on how to fix the auto launch when it hits the top flipper?

#2497 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

1. Check your left outlane switch in switch test (using a ball).
2. Fix your left outlane switch.

Still not the problem. Called stern tech support and they were baffled as well. Thought it might be a bad switch or possibly a bug.

#2498 5 years ago

Is a shaker a must for this pin? Is it integrated well? For those that have it, what setting do you use?

#2499 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is a shaker a must for this pin? Is it integrated well? For those that have it, what setting do you use?

1000% yes. Lots of shaken going on, especially during the bonus count down.

#2500 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Yes! Got it right from stern. Easy to install. I have mine set on minimal use.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 49.99
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
There are 15,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/50?hl=markymark2400 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.