(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,780 posts - Hot topic!
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 minutes ago by Sorokyl
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
Ironmaidenshipped (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_182738510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_165233504 (resized).jpg
20240407_164052@4 (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4950 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,780 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 316.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I feel like Stern has this planned as a rolling thunder type of operation to unveil photos apart from each other to purposely keep the hype going. Or they just don't have approvals on the final art package for the other two models.

heard they were waiting for approval on the prem/LE, should come in some weeks?

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm in with a Pro. Can't wait.

Same here.

#153 6 years ago

AlexSMendes , take Owners out of title. Ownership is not a requirement to post in a club thread. Unofficial guideline is to be nice; and don't talk negative of the pin. Got any pics of the prem or LE to leak?

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

any update of Prem Artwork. I really want to see if before I commit to a pro.

Zach said on H2H they might be 2 weeks out because of approvals.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

alexsmendes , take Owners out of title. Ownership is not a requirement to post in a club thread. Unofficial guideline is to be nice; and don't talk negative of the pin. Got any pics of the prem or LE to leak?

Guess he can take out "Official" too , too many IM threads IMO , who's to care for one more already within 2 days ? + what's so "official" ?? some Steve Harris approved stuff ???

#156 6 years ago

Lol just saw that Alex got a 7 day boot from his own thread.
Metal af.

#157 6 years ago

The bus ride to the Stern party was my 2016 Expo highlight. NE assholes wouldn't stop yammerin though.
20161014_184203 (resized).jpg20161014_184203 (resized).jpg

#158 6 years ago

I'm in for a pro.
We'll see how long a couple of weeks turns out to be.

#159 6 years ago

I’m surprised that there are no pictures of the LE yet. It must be a licensing hold up.

#160 6 years ago

Question. For anyone that has ordered an LE from CoinTaker, did you pay a deposit yet?

#161 6 years ago

I have a confirmed LE ordered from Cointaker but have not been asked for the deposit yet.

#162 6 years ago

Are all the photos thus far of the Pro only? I can’t follow all these threads

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Are all the photos thus far of the Pro only? I can’t follow all these threads

Yes. Nothing higher released yet

#164 6 years ago

I have an LE on order.

#165 6 years ago

Looking like Premium for me... unbelievable I lost the bet that this would be a disaster! Lol.great for Maiden, bad for the wallet!

#166 6 years ago

A little toast to all you new Maiden owners (which I am not as of right now), Congrats!!!
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#167 6 years ago

Official Owner's club?

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

You guys are slow. I had my spot for an LE 3 years ago with my Dist.

A mate in Aussie has had his name on the list for an LE since 2013.

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Official Owner's club?

*raises hand*

#170 6 years ago

So I joined this group because of this Maiden Pinball confirmation this week.

Have been a casual Pinball fan, and I own a 1976 Space Mission that i have had for 30 years. Now time to upgrade to a modern table from my favorite band.

I am about to put my deposit down on a Premium for a California distributor, but kind of sad I missed the boat for a LE by a day or so after inquires hit dead ends last 48 hours.

Just wanted to check here that no one has insight on anywhere to get a LE.

#171 6 years ago

This playfield looks awesome! It appears to have a Judge Dredd feel to it. Both upper flippers appear to orbit. If the left upper flipper orbits too, I'll have no choice but to be in the club.

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

This playfield looks awesome! It appears to have a Judge Dredd feel to it. Both upper flippers appear to orbit. If the left upper flipper orbits too, I'll have no choice but to be in the club.

Both upper flippers have loops.

#173 6 years ago

MaidenLE futur owner here !

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from Nostaw:

So I joined this group because of this Maiden Pinball confirmation this week.
Have been a casual Pinball fan, and I own a 1976 Space Mission that i have had for 30 years. Now time to upgrade to a modern table from my favorite band.
I am about to put my deposit down on a Premium for a California distributor, but kind of sad I missed the boat for a LE by a day or so after inquires hit dead ends last 48 hours.
Just wanted to check here that no one has insight on anywhere to get a LE.

Just out of curiosity, why are you ordering in state?

Out of state would skip sales tax.

#175 6 years ago

le also

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

MaidenLE futur owner here !

Maiden LE for me too my friend

#177 6 years ago

I’m leaning towards Pro but I want to see some premium pics/gameplay first.

#178 6 years ago

Heck I don’t even like Iron Maiden very much and I am in on a a pro.

This pin just looks and feels right, so I am going for it. If I liked the band better I would go Prem or LE easy. Pro art and layout look amazing. Prem and LE should have similar excellent art packages and some great PF features added. I think we are all in for a treat!

We are lucky folks here!

#179 6 years ago

Question, sorry if this has been addressed before. How many machines are pumped out of the Stern factory on a daily basis? When can we expect the machines to be delivered to the distributors?

#180 6 years ago

First pro’s are going overseas, so domestic games will be a couple of weeks longer

Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Question, sorry if this has been addressed before. How many machines are pumped out of the Stern factory on a daily basis? When can we expect the machines to be delivered to the distributors?

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from powerslave:

Maiden LE for me too my friend

#182 6 years ago

Here's a tricky question, but what the hell. I've only bought one NIB prior to IMDN. It was a WOZ. After a year and a half, the family kind of lost interest so it went for sale. Of course I took a hit but I was happy of what I was able to get. My question is when purchasing an LE, (especially this one) down the road if it ever goes back up for sale, do you think the extra cost invested in the front end possibly be recouped? I know that pins are basically a toy and like everything else depreciates. I'm trying to convince my self its worth it to get the LE.

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Question, sorry if this has been addressed before. How many machines are pumped out of the Stern factory on a daily basis?

At the tour, they say the new factory can do 50-100 pins a day.

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Here's a tricky question, but what the hell. I've only bought one NIB prior to IMDN. It was a WOZ.

With WOZ they kept releasing additional versions that were all “LE”.

I would think the IMDN LE will hold close to its value. But as long as the are pumping out Premiums all those that want all the features of the LE can grab one of those. People can add speakers. They just can’t get the art package and the plaque.

That’s just my 2 cents.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Just out of curiosity, why are you ordering in state?
Out of state would skip sales tax.

That is a really good point and something I had not considered...

New to new Pinball purchasing.

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from Nostaw:

That is a really good point and something I had not considered...
New to new Pinball purchasing.

There could be ways to buy local and avoid taxes. Contact them and see. (All off the record of course)

#187 6 years ago

Yup that’s what my local stern dealer did for me. Not saying who it was but he was the one who said he would do it for me! I didn’t even have to mention it haha

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

There could be ways to buy local and avoid taxes. Contact them and see. (All off the record of course)

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Here's a tricky question, but what the hell. I've only bought one NIB prior to IMDN. It was a WOZ. After a year and a half, the family kind of lost interest so it went for sale. Of course I took a hit but I was happy of what I was able to get. My question is when purchasing an LE, (especially this one) down the road if it ever goes back up for sale, do you think the extra cost invested in the front end possibly be recouped? I know that pins are basically a toy and like everything else depreciates. I'm trying to convince my self its worth it to get the LE.

In most cases, you should always be prepared for a pin to take a dip in price. As long as they are available NIB, they will take a hit on the secondary market. It’s not until the license contract runs out and a game goes out of production til we typically see where a game’s value starts to settle.

That said, this is an LE and It’s a $9k LE at that. It’s really hard to say where the price will settle on this one. I think itll go up, down, and around town but in the end, there is something special about this pin. It’s Keith Elwin’s first produced pin using a layout that is already proven from his archer pin. The artwork is over the top good - I haven’t seen it in person yet, and while we haven’t seen the LE art yet, the pro looks to be sterns best art package to date. There is something special going on with this LE that stern hasn’t done since TRON or AC/DC in that it’s truly a limited run - 500! None of this 1000+ or even 800 LE’s, it’s truly limited and it comes with some cool upgrades. That said; Its almost a guarantee that There will be 2 premium versions of this pin; probably a powerslave version and number of the beast or maybe a somewhere in time or something along those lines. EDIT: actually a seventh son of a seventh son art package would look sweet! Is that song even in the game? I forgot

Long story short. Keith’s first pin (pro looks stellar), awesome layout, awesome rules, amazing art, limited run...I think prices on this will be safe from taking a big hit like some LEs have. This is just my opinion from being in the hobby for 12 years. Premiums and Pros will take a bigger hit than the LEs; at least until the game goes out of production.

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

In most cases, you should always be prepared for a pin to take a dip in price. As long as they are available NIB, they will take a hit on the secondary market. It’s not until the license contract runs out and a game goes out of production til we typically see where a game’s value starts to settle.
That said, this is an LE and It’s a $9k LE at that. It’s really hard to say where the price will settle on this one. I think itll go up, down, and around town but in the end, there is something special about this pin. It’s Keith Elwin’s first produced pin using a layout that is already proven from his archer pin. The artwork is over the top good - I haven’t seen it in person yet, and while we haven’t seen the LE art yet, the pro looks to be sterns best art package to date. There is something special going on with this LE that stern hasn’t done since TRON or AC/DC in that it’s truly a limited run - 500! None of this 1000+ or even 800 LE’s, it’s truly limited and it comes with some cool upgrades. That said; Its almost a guarantee that There will be 2 premium versions of this pin; probably a powerslave version and number of the beast or maybe a somewhere in time or something along those lines. EDIT: actually a seventh son of a seventh son art package would look sweet! Is that song even in the game? I forgot
Long story short. Keith’s first pin (pro looks stellar), awesome layout, awesome rules, amazing art, limited run...I think prices on this will be safe from taking a big hit like some LEs have. This is just my opinion from being in the hobby for 12 years. Premiums and Pros will take a bigger hit than the LEs; at least until the game goes out of production.

I agree. I hear from some, how could you buy a premium or LE, without seeing the art? Well, the art is secondary to me, and I think it's hard to make Eddie look bad, and Zombie Yeti will probably make it great. I have seen the game and was blown away. I think the upgraded mechs sound cool so I didn't have to see the premium gameplay. The pro was enough for me.

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Question. For anyone that has ordered an LE from CoinTaker, did you pay a deposit yet?

Yes I paid a deposit. 2k

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

A little toast to all you new Maiden owners (which I am not as of right now), Congrats!!!

I have those beers from Little Brothers in Flemington! They are good! Not as good as AC/DC’s Brew though.

#192 6 years ago

Holy shit I just realized....what if this has live versions switch like ACDC...but actually playable tracks? Oh man. At this point I'm beggars can't be choosers but like Brian Wilson, wouldn't it be nice?

#193 6 years ago

From Stern's initial post:
"The Iron Maiden pinball machines aim to reflect the same excitement, energy, and experience of a live Iron Maiden concert."
Horns crossed.

#194 6 years ago

Also,
THIS!
"The state-of-the-art electronic system also powers a high-fidelity 3-channel audio system that is three times more powerful than audio systems of previous generations."

#195 6 years ago

Funny, I had absolutly no interest in owning an Iron Maiden pinball. But, the activity in pinside kind of pumped me up when it released last week, like a frenzy of speculation with a tad bit of game play video. I'm like WOW, everyone wants one , I gotta have one too.
I reminded myself of the years I liked the metal bands, even YouTube the old songs, remembering them , thinking " I like Iron Maiden after all".
It's exciting to have pinside to hype up a game , and I'm in with y'all with thinking the layout is awesome , and feel very lucky that we have 4-6 new games each year released by several manufactures , as I've been a collector since 1993 and things didn't look so bright 10 years ago . I'll go play one once it's out in the local joints, and maybe it'll end up in my collection one day , but something will have to go ... as I'm out of room .

Joey

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I agree. I hear from some, how could you buy a premium or LE, without seeing the art? Well, the art is secondary to me, and I think it's hard to make Eddie look bad, and Zombie Yeti will probably make it great. I have seen the game and was blown away. I think the upgraded mechs sound cool so I didn't have to see the premium gameplay. The pro was enough for me.

I can’t even find a video of this machine. Where did you see the game? I want to play this bad boy. Again remember Kiss? I don’t buy anything without seeing the art and playing it.

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That said, this is an LE and It’s a $9k LE at that. It’s really hard to say where the price will settle on this one.

I think the era of LEs commanding increases in used sales is gone personally. If you want an LE get an LE, but I don't know that it will hold its price any better than the Premium, relatively speaking. Get it because you want it (assuming you can find one lol) not to speculate.

#198 6 years ago

You mfers are in the wrong thread.
And ffs, it's not like it's slim pickins.

#199 6 years ago

In on an LE!

#200 6 years ago

So is this officially the unofficial thread yet.. im so confused..which thread is officially official

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.50
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 15,780 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/4?hl=joey__p__1966 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.