(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,800 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Edster
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 316.
#2401 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Did you order these from your distributer?

Yes. Info above.

F1DAB380-2839-49E8-A497-26F237DC5A16 (resized).jpegF1DAB380-2839-49E8-A497-26F237DC5A16 (resized).jpeg
#2402 5 years ago

I got my premium today.... I wish the lighting was better on the playfield, I may need to do something about it

Rob

#2403 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I got my premium today and I must say it's the most poorly adjusted Stern game I have bought in the past 5 years. And the backbox keys are missing.
Rob

Sorry to hear.

I thought Mr Skor was gonna get on top of the QC crap ?

So far I have burned over 6hrs making adjustments to shooter guide, flipper and some switches to get it to play right.

Frustrating,

IMDN does play awesome when everything works as intended.

#2404 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Sorry to hear.
I thought Mr Skor was gonna get on top of the QC crap ?
So far I have burned over 6hrs making adjustments to shooter guide, flipper and some switches to get it to play right.
Frustrating,
IMDN does play awesome when everything works as intended.

Have you tried bending the prongs on the auto plunger?

#2405 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Have you tried bending the prongs on the auto plunger?

Yep thanks, got "The Beast" dialled in pretty good now.

Ball plunge is fantastic when working properly

Clair newton ball was a bitch ! ( i'm still not really happy with it ) Tried new post, different switch location , B/W leaf switch, bending, you name it, got me angry. such a lame design !

So to all the existing and new owners out there, Patience required for setup.
Get it set up right and rock the hell outta this bad boy.

IMDN is AWESOME !

20180911_110435 (resized).jpg20180911_110435 (resized).jpg
#2406 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yep thanks, got "The Beast" dialled in pretty good now.
Ball plunge is fantastic when working properly
Clair newton ball was a bitch ! ( i'm still not really happy with it ) Tried new post, different switch location , B/W leaf switch, bending, you name it, got me angry. such a lame design !
So to all the existing and new owners out there, Patience required for setup.
Get it set up right and rock the hell outta this bad boy.
IMDN is AWESOME ![quoted image]

Yeah this game is a bear getting the little kinks worked out of it. I put blue loctite on the hex pins or whatever you call them and they have not came loose and have been good ever since. Worst design ever though.

#2407 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yes. Info above. [quoted image]

hello , where did you find anubis ?
thanks

#2408 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Stern stuff showed up today [quoted image]

So how much did they charge for all of this?

#2409 5 years ago
Quoted from metwurcht:

thanks

Modfather has a pretty sweet one. Mezelmods has a gold colored one.

#2410 5 years ago
Quoted from metwurcht:

thanks

Back Alley Matt

All the Stern stuff was around $100

#2411 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I got my premium today.... I wish the lighting was better on the playfield, I may need to do something about it

I highly recommend adding the Pinstadium lights and a shaker motor (got mine from Pinball Life) if you have the cash. Both easy to install and both make a big difference when playing the game.

#2412 5 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

I highly recommend adding the Pinstadium lights and a shaker motor (got mine from Pinball Life) if you have the cash. Both easy to install and both make a big difference when playing the game.

Do you have a pic with the pinstadium? Where were they added? (Side rails, back, etc). Have a bunch of mods and other stuff i want to order, trying to decide. Also trying to decide on mirror blades or the pingraffix that i already have

#2413 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Stern stuff showed up today [quoted image]

How much did they charge?

#2414 5 years ago

nouveau code dispo !

V1.05.0 - September 7, 2018
===========================
- Pharaoh Award - increased scoring for each ring of the bullseye target from 150K, 300K, 450K to 500K, 1M, 2M
- Aces High - fixed an issue where draining out of the mode during the bomber phase would result in the bullseye flashing non stop until the next Aces High start.
- Instant Info - instant info was incorrectly reporting the 'Can I Play with Madness' mode as the Tomb Award if you had the MADNESS MODE ENABLED turned off.
- Speech - added a few more callouts
- Custom Message - show every time through the attract loop instead of every 10th time through, increase duration from 2 to 3 seconds

- System - Updated to V2.10
- Added USA_13 Coinage 1/$1.00, 7/$5.00
- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.25.0

#2415 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

How much did they charge?

About $100 plus shipping for everything

#2416 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Here’s what you need if you want both Eddies:
Cyborg Eddie, part #550-7421-00
Piece of Mind Eddie, part #550-7422-00
Bracket for sculpt mount, part #535-1854-00
Screw 6x1/2 PTH A, part# 237-5809-00 (x2)
Screw 6-32x3/8 PPH MS SEMS (x2)[quoted image]

Thanks. I'm hitting my guy up for an order. I'll be getting a Pro in the next few months. I wanna do these figures and the Prem translight.

#2417 5 years ago

Love the Maiden topper and note that it goes perfectly with the premium model. Egyptian theme & pharoh - check. I am wondering if topper works with the pro and LE artwork or if it is just too much of a contrast????

maiden13 (resized).jpegmaiden13 (resized).jpeg
maiden15 (resized).pngmaiden15 (resized).png
maiden14 (resized).pngmaiden14 (resized).png

maiden16 (resized).PNGmaiden16 (resized).PNG
#2418 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Do you have a pic with the pinstadium?

Check out the Pinstadium thread on Pinside and enter a search for Iron Maiden. You will find videos, photos, and where to install.

#2419 5 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

Check out the Pinstadium thread on Pinside and enter a search for Iron Maiden. You will find videos, photos, and where to install.

Thanks

#2420 5 years ago

I'm looking for more subtle lighting improvements on the game. Any ideas? Not pinstadium though...

Rob

#2421 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm looking for more subtle lighting improvements on the game. Any ideas? Not pinstadium though...
Rob

Here's a pic of my backboard lit up with ice blue. More pics on our website.

MVIMG_20180519_180831 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180519_180831 (resized).jpg
#2422 5 years ago

MOONCHILD....hear the mandrake scream...

#2423 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

There is a subgroup of us here that believe in changing the red lights out for warm white.

#2424 5 years ago

I changed all of my GI to warm white frosted 2smd LEDs from Comet. Looks phenomenal!

#2425 5 years ago

Been in the hobby for about 15 years and have never owned a new game. Honestly, I was kinda on my way out but my wife said "if you sell all your games, what the f*ck are you gonna do with that bedroom?" So, I sold my Getaway and Centaur and bought a Pro from Mike at Flipper Fidelity. I've loved IM since the Fear of the Dark days so the music is the tops for me. He had Metallica too but I picked IMDN because I just liked the flow, rules and the fact that I won't feel the need to mod it so much. Hook'd up my Polk sub to the bottom speaker with just a little solder and some wires through the rear mesh and, BANG, what a difference!

Oh, and mine has a build date of August 7th, 2018 and does have the better cabinet leg brackets. Just FYI.

Iron Maiden (resized).jpgIron Maiden (resized).jpgMaiden and Top Card (resized).jpgMaiden and Top Card (resized).jpg

#2426 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

There is a subgroup of us here that believe in changing the red lights out for warm white.

I'll keep that in mind. I'd kind of like to keep the red in there though. But, there just isn't enough white GI in the game.

Rob

#2427 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I changed all of my GI to warm white frosted 2smd LEDs from Comet. Looks phenomenal!

Got a pic? I love the idea of using warm in there with the largely desert based PF art.

#2428 5 years ago

Replacing the factory bulbs with warm white/sunlight LEDs is a good start, but the real magic happened when I replaced the backboard lights with yellow incandescents.

#2429 5 years ago

If you want a warm white, I'd suggest installing warm white 2LED bulbs not incandescents.

Quoted from RyThom:

Replacing the factory bulbs with warm white/sunlight LEDs is a good start, but the real magic happened when I replaced the backboard lights with yellow incandescents.

#2430 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Got a pic? I love the idea of using warm in there with the largely desert based PF art.

Check out post #870 (page 18) in this thread for pics.

#2431 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If you want a warm white, I'd suggest installing warm white 2LED bulbs not incandescents.

Very true. Incandescents pull a lot more power, and I'm not sure the Spike 2 components can handle it, since it was designed for low draw LEDs. Things could get squirrly or fried. Maybe one of our resident electronic gurus could chime in for additional wisdom.

#2432 5 years ago

My first opinions of the game are mixed. I don't think I like it as much as I thought I would and I find it plays a bit 'klunky', especially shots (and attempted loops) from the upper left flipper. Left ramp shots are not too bad and satisfying to make, but not easy to combo for sure. There seems to be a slight droop in the flippers for making the outer shots easier, but not like GB. I really like the mechanical sarcophagus lock on this premium and the underworld shot to start missions. I don't pay too much attention to the beacon (yet). Flipper feel and ball rebound just feels different on this game compared to others I own. The black rubbers just seem REALLY dead for bounce so I'm going to put red flipper rubbers on I think. The stock lighting is... just not very good with the red led compromising overall playfield illumination - there isn't enough white LED as a result. The stock sling leaf switch gap was too liberal, making them not very responsive (now fixed). My IMVE was initially like that too and it certainly made the game easier to play I found.

So it will take some more practice to learn the rules better and get a better feel for the shot geometry. I don't feel frustrated with the game because it plays ok and everything works. I just need to play better! I remember back to 2013 when I bought Metallica Premium and I had really mixed feelings about that game too. Sometimes it just takes a while to really 'click' with a game or theme. I don't regret my purchase and I think I've just been overly tired from neverending piles of work at my job. I get home tired and don't enjoy pinball when I'm that tired... 3 day weekend coming up so I plan to get some more rest and then play some more games!

Rob

#2433 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

My first opinions of the game are mixed. I don't think I like it as much as I thought I would and I find it plays a bit 'klunky', especially shots (and attempted loops) from the upper left flipper. Left ramp shots are not too bad and satisfying to make, but not easy to combo for sure. There seems to be a slight droop in the flippers for making the outer shots easier, but not like GB. I really like the mechanical sarcophagus lock on this premium and the underworld shot to start missions. I don't pay too much attention to the beacon (yet). Flipper feel and ball rebound just feels different on this game compared to others I own. The black rubbers just seem REALLY dead for bounce so I'm going to put red flipper rubbers on I think. The stock lighting is... just not very good with the red led compromising overall playfield illumination - there isn't enough white LED as a result. The stock sling leaf switch gap was too liberal, making them not very responsive (now fixed). My IMVE was initially like that too and it certainly made the game easier to play I found.
So it will take some more practice to learn the rules better and get a better feel for the shot geometry. I don't feel frustrated with the game because it plays ok and everything works. I just need to play better! I remember back to 2013 when I bought Metallica Premium and I had really mixed feelings about that game too. Sometimes it just takes a while to really 'click' with a game or theme. I don't regret my purchase and I think I've just been overly tired from neverending piles of work at my job. I get home tired and don't enjoy pinball when I'm that tired... 3 day weekend coming up so I plan to get some more rest and then play some more games!
Rob

it grew on me , now I love it, annoying about the fixes I have to make, as I am clueless.. but it's a great pin, with the exception of no real toy.

#2434 5 years ago

I'm weak....Where do I pick up my membership card?

20180912_220229 (resized).jpg20180912_220229 (resized).jpg
#2435 5 years ago

Is it worth upgrading to the new code?

#2436 5 years ago

Who knows what the node board update does but if it keeps it from breaking, totally worth it.

#2437 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

If Stern feels like it's important enough to release it, I install it.

I did it Tuesday night. Took a very short amount of time.

#2438 5 years ago

Has anyone figured out a few twerks to the ramp and alley entries and exits which tune up the flow and reduce "rattle" balls?

I adjusted the Katana (right lane to left ramp) shot by tweaking the outer metal guide (top of lane) to allow the ball to be more centered when it hits the base of the ramp and it worked for a week and now needs more adjustments.

What other adjustments are you guys making? I believe a few small adjustments will really improve the clunky rattle balls.

#2439 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Has anyone figured out a few twerks to the ramp and alley entries and exits which tune up the flow and reduce "rattle" balls?
I adjusted the Katana (right lane to left ramp) shot by tweaking the outer metal guide (top of lane) to allow the ball to be more centered when it hits the base of the ramp and it worked for a week and now needs more adjustments.
What other adjustments are you guys making? I believe a few small adjustments will really improve the clunky rattle balls.

My IMDN didn't come with a Katana ramp.

It's also smooth as butter.

#2440 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I'm weak....Where do I pick up my membership card?
[quoted image]

Congrats, buddy! Welcome to the madness.

#2441 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

The upper rail of the shooter lane as you have done, and fine adjustments of the prongs on the autoshooter mech have done the trick for mine for quite a while now. On another subject, here is another meaningless poll that measures the loudest voices. Go vote for IMDN, because it is the best game!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-in-the-last-5-years-pt-2-the-show-down-poll-#post-4587041

#2442 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Congrats, buddy! Welcome to the madness.

6/12/18 birth date came with 1.00 code. Just copied the new code ready to install and feel the madness!!

#2443 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Some new fun call outs,

Higher scoring.

Only had 3 games, could not fault

I would say go for it.

The Beast is Awesome !

Rage ball 1 , went downhill from there, Hahahah

20180913_181421 (resized).jpg20180913_181421 (resized).jpg20180913_181743 (resized).jpg20180913_181743 (resized).jpg
#2444 5 years ago

"BEAST" Still my #1 pin...

#2445 5 years ago

What are the new callouts? I may hold off until yet another version comes out.

#2446 5 years ago

Not a Fan of Maidens music, but a Huge Maiden Pinball Fan! Still a better theme than WOZ any day!

82872106-3717-4DF6-B5B5-9D1037E4060C (resized).jpeg82872106-3717-4DF6-B5B5-9D1037E4060C (resized).jpegD2EFE991-9942-437A-AB67-F930FFE54807 (resized).jpegD2EFE991-9942-437A-AB67-F930FFE54807 (resized).jpeg
#2447 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

What are the new callouts? I may hold off until yet another version comes out.

I liked "Hallowed Be Thy Drain!".... But that may not be new...

Rob

#2448 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I liked "Hallowed Be Thy Drain!".... But that may not be new...
Rob

It’s not.

#2449 5 years ago

"More like Flight of Brickarus!" is my favorite.

#2450 5 years ago

Got my replacement actuators for my newton balls today. Going to do the update, then have a go at those possibly. My sarc ball is pretty unresponsive at this point. I havent even looked under the hood at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/49?hl=metwurcht and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.