(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 498 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 317.
#2351 5 years ago
Quoted from markymark2400:

I know I have mentioned this before and I am aware it is a known problem, but would be eternally grateful for anyone that can help by summarising how the hell to fix the fact that autoplunger flings the ball into the upper flipper , it rarely goes where I think it should (this is a new pin for me) round the loop and this effects multiball obviously as it ricochets, I know someone helpfully said to read through this thread, but guys its almost 50 pages and I am a hard working guy!
Anyone can help with what is the easiest fix for someone with literally no tech ability? lol I just bought the pin to play not to start messing with.
Also how the F are we meant to spend this kind of money and when there is a design fault, there is no real way to get it fixed, the dealer wont likely be able to help , but if this was a car we would have a warranty that would fix a major flaw to the design... thoughts?

Go in to setting and try to adjust the auto plunge setting. Try less # try more#. Try turning coil pluse to hard than normal find the sweet spot.

Also what pitch is your machine or where is your bubble level set?

#2352 5 years ago

I know I have mentioned this before and I am aware it is a known problem, but would be eternally grateful for anyone that can help by summarising how the hell to fix the fact that autoplunger flings the ball into the upper flipper , it rarely goes where I think it should (this is a new pin for me) round the loop and this effects multiball obviously as it ricochets, I know someone helpfully said to read through this thread, but guys its almost 50 pages and I am a hard working guy!
Anyone can help with what is the easiest fix for someone with literally no tech ability? lol I just bought the pin to play not to start messing with.
Also how the F are we meant to spend this kind of money and when there is a design fault, there is no real way to get it fixed, the dealer wont likely be able to help , but if this was a car we would have a warranty that would fix a major flaw to the design... thoughts?

There are a lot of posts on this. The short answer is to bend the ball guide in tiny increments to adjust the trajectory until it is lined up for your game. Some games will hit the lower post, some will hit the tip of the flipper. Before doing this make sure you game is level and at an incline of 6.5-7 depending on how you like it. Also make sure the plunger is centered on the ball for a clean manual plunge. Take your time, don’t get frustrated. You’ll figure it out and learn a lot in the process. All of the last four new in box pinball machines I have bought required different adjustments to get the plunging to work properly. Its pinball.

This post is very helpful:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features/page/6#post-4537040

#2353 5 years ago

Joined the club today!

B367DE39-1753-488D-9208-9D3DC245C1DF (resized).jpegB367DE39-1753-488D-9208-9D3DC245C1DF (resized).jpeg
#2354 5 years ago

Start by taking a look as the ball at rest in the shooter lane - is the ball resting against both legs of the autoplunger, relatively evenly? If so, if you actuate the autoplunger slowly by hand, do both legs keep contact with the ball through the entire stroke?

On mine the legs needed to be bent (I used needle nose pliers with a rag wrapped over the leg to keep from marring it) to make even contact with the ball. Prior to that only one leg was touching the ball, and when actuated by hand I could see the ball would ride up out of the channel there at the base of the shooter lane, and would presumably rattle up the lane when launched. Anyway, adjusting the contact of the legs on the ball cleared up the issue of the autoplunge shots hitting the upper flipper for me...

Others have adjusted the guide in the shooter lane, but to me if the manual plunger works well, it would seem to be more down to the autoplunger itself and how it is uniquely impacting the ball.

#2355 5 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Start by taking a look as the ball at rest in the shooter lane - is the ball resting against both legs of the autoplunger, relatively evenly? If so, if you actuate the autoplunger slowly by hand, do both legs keep contact with the ball through the entire stroke?
On mine the legs needed to be bent (I used needle nose pliers with a rag wrapped over the leg to keep from marring it) to make even contact with the ball. Prior to that only one leg was touching the ball, and when actuated by hand I could see the ball would ride up out of the channel there at the base of the shooter lane, and would presumably rattle up the lane when launched. Anyway, adjusting the contact of the legs on the ball cleared up the issue of the autoplunge shots hitting the upper flipper for me...
Others have adjusted the guide in the shooter lane, but to me if the manual plunger works well, it would seem to be more down to the autoplunger itself and how it is uniquely impacting the ball.

This is where you want to start first if you are having problems with the auto plunge. You won't neet to bend the prongs much because a little bit makes a big difference. This is the key to fixing your auto plunge problems.

#2356 5 years ago

I know someone helpfully said to read through this thread, but guys its almost 50 pages and I am a hard working guy!

Prove it!

#2357 5 years ago

Invite a pinhead or two round to play it, give them a beer or two and ask them to fix as anyone used to pins will do it quite easily!

#2358 5 years ago

Is your upper left flipper too low? A number have reported theirs from the factory being installed hanging too low. Take a picture of the upper flipper at rest and post it.

#2359 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is your upper left flipper too low? A number have reported theirs from the factory being installed hanging too low. Take a picture of the upper flipper at rest and post it.

I have the opposite problem. Mine often hits the post that is right above the skill shot. Here are some pics. Does that look normal?

20180904_075855.jpg20180904_075855.jpg20180904_075859.jpg20180904_075859.jpg
#2360 5 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

I have the opposite problem. Mine often hits the post that is right above the skill shot. Here are some pics. Does that look normal?[quoted image][quoted image]

This normal. Need to make sure the manual plunger is centered, as well as both prongs for auto plunge. As posted above, both prongs need to make even contact with the ball. Make sure game is level and then adjust the end of the ball guide if still having issues. Very slight bends of the ball guide back away from the playfield will raise the trajectory. Very small amounts of adjustment can make a big difference.

#2361 5 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

I have the opposite problem. Mine often hits the post that is right above the skill shot. Here are some pics. Does that look normal?[quoted image][quoted image]

Flipper looks too low. I don't see the guide hole at all, so it looks like it's over it instead of just above it. Needs loosening, adjustment, then tightening.

And if you're hitting the post on the bottom side, turn the power up a smidge for the auto-launch.

#2362 5 years ago

Best score yet. Just imagine if my sarc ball wasnt so flakey... lol

29CE87B1-2598-4A89-A046-414246465B6E (resized).jpeg29CE87B1-2598-4A89-A046-414246465B6E (resized).jpeg
#2363 5 years ago

Hey all, looking for some help or perhaps some pictures of properly aligned upper flippers on a Pro. After getting through my auto plunge issue I’ve been trying to get the upper flippers set correctly. I’ve adjusted multiple times and can’t seem to find the right positions. Using the guide holes as a reference, is there a recommended position... flippers centered? Above, below, etc... before addressing the auto plunge issue everything was fine however in the process and in my infinite wisdom (haha), I messed with the flippers instead of the ball guide first. Any help/guidance/photos are appreciated! Thanks

#2364 5 years ago

Centered on the holes. Dont forget to gap with a flipper gap tool or credit card or something.

#2365 5 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

Hey all, looking for some help or perhaps some pictures of properly aligned upper flippers on a Pro. After getting through my auto plunge issue I’ve been trying to get the upper flippers set correctly. I’ve adjusted multiple times and can’t seem to find the right positions. Using the guide holes as a reference, is there a recommended position... flippers centered? Above, below, etc... before addressing the auto plunge issue everything was fine however in the process and in my infinite wisdom (haha), I messed with the flippers instead of the ball guide first. Any help/guidance/photos are appreciated! Thanks

Read post 2354 for your auto plunge fix before messing with the ball guide. Your auto plunge problem i just about guarantee you is the prongs are out of alignment on the auto plunger. Simple fix.

#2366 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

[quoted image]

So true! I finally got my sarc switches to register in all situations, and my gc has gone up 500 into the 900’s . Its a big bummer when the game randomly loses track and cuts the game with a ball in play

#2367 5 years ago

[quoted image]

hello , see my post #2256 ,

#2368 5 years ago
Quoted from metwurcht:

hello , see my post #2256 ,

Ya...I know. Its not MY game though, and its at work, so tearing into it would have to be after hours or on the weekend. I dont wanna be here then! LOL

I wish he would let me take it home for a week or two, Id have it shooting right...oh well. Maybe when I finally move it into the boss's basement when its finished...

#2369 5 years ago

Has anyone had problems with the ball stop above the mini flipper? The rubber stopper is staying up while the coils plunger releases. Is there a lock ring or something that held the plastic in place? It doesn’t happen all the time but it did do it 3 times on one game so now I need to fix it. Thanks in advance

#2370 5 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Has anyone had problems with the ball stop above the mini flipper? The rubber stopper is staying up while the coils plunger releases. Is there a lock ring or something that held the plastic in place? It doesn’t happen all the time but it did do it 3 times on one game so now I need to fix it. Thanks in advance

I used a little bit of glue to keep mine down. It was slowly sliding off of the post and thus causing balls to get stuck.

#2371 5 years ago

So, not having played a pro yet, do you guys think the prem and le are easier?

Reason I say this, I can consistently catch the ball coming out of the scoop under the center ramp when a mode starts. I see on the pro that the ball has to go up the ramp and be stopped by the post before mode start. Then it drops to the little flipper. This seems harder to control. Am I understanding the mode start on the pro correctly?

#2372 5 years ago

I can happily report that after two weeks now, this game is consistently stomping my ass. So much I haven't been able to achieve.
Cyborg multiball - Yes - though rare
Two minutes to midnight - No
Can I play with madness - No
Battle the beast - No
Run to the hills - F-No- 2 pitiful tomb treasures is all I can get.

I've been able to get the trooper card and cyborg card in the same game, but no others..period.

The only mode I completed so far (at least I'm pretty sure I did) is Hallowed be thy name.
I still have factory settings, 6.5 pitch, and outlane posts at stock positions. I have been tempted to move them in. I find the hardest shots to be the left spinner and right ramp. It's strange the the ramp that doesn't have to go through the pops is more difficult, but for me it is. This is all good, since it's an indicator that it will be in my gameroom for a long time to come.

#2373 5 years ago

does anyone know if/where you can get the 'piece of mind' figure used on the prem?

#2374 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

does anyone know if/where you can get the 'piece of mind' figure used on the prem?

Ebay.

So, not having played a pro yet, do you guys think the prem and le are easier?
Reason I say this, I can consistently catch the ball coming out of the scoop under the center ramp when a mode starts. I see on the pro that the ball has to go up the ramp and be stopped by the post before mode start. Then it drops to the little flipper. This seems harder to control. Am I understanding the mode start on the pro correctly?

I own a pro and have played an LE numerous times. Yes, once a mode starts, catching the ball coming out of the Premium/LE is in fact easier. On the pro, it doesn't always necessarily feed to the little flipper, depends on if the ball lands to the left or the right once you hit the ramp. If it lands on the right, it will release to the right orbit down towards the right upper flipper. Most games this will feed to the bottom flipper if you don't flip the upper flipper. However on some games the ball will hit the slings making it unpredictable.

#2375 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Iron-maiden-piece-of-mind-eddie-figure-series-1-in-box/183391478101?hash=item2ab2fbe155:g:mmMAAOSwG2dbfEk-

This is the one you want.

Hard to find.

Good price if you can get seller to ship.

#2376 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Just order them through your distributor. The part number is 550-7422-00.

These figures aren’t rare or limited. If you like them vs. the MacFarlane toys, get them from Stern.

#2377 5 years ago

Just joined the club with a pro. This is the first time i will need to update code. Quick question, do you do the full update or the quick update? Love the game, best money ive spent in pinball!

#2378 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Just joined the club with a pro. This is the first time i will need to update code. Quick question, do you do the full update or the quick update? Love the game, best money ive spent in pinball!

Quick

#2379 5 years ago

Thank you!

#2380 5 years ago

Why? I always do Full with validation... And then go play Metallica while it's updating. Is that a complete waste?

#2381 5 years ago

Finally arrived.

43A8ABF4-8D5A-464B-958D-901EE2989EE3 (resized).jpeg43A8ABF4-8D5A-464B-958D-901EE2989EE3 (resized).jpeg84134EC7-A414-485C-B062-6FCDB8246B67 (resized).jpeg84134EC7-A414-485C-B062-6FCDB8246B67 (resized).jpegBF53FE1B-D8ED-4658-BA39-75C74E21144F (resized).jpegBF53FE1B-D8ED-4658-BA39-75C74E21144F (resized).jpeg
#2382 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Why? I always do Full with validation... And then go play Metallica while it's updating. Is that a complete waste?

Because this is Spike .

#2383 5 years ago

Got my mirror blades installed from pinballsidemirrors.com - first time I've added a set to pin. They really add a nice touch - my pic doesn't showcase them very well, but those and the colored plastics set from playfield-protectors.com help this machine really pop. I'm sad I didn't get the pharoah plastic piece with this set though, bet it would look great back there...

imdn-mirrorblades1 (resized).jpgimdn-mirrorblades1 (resized).jpg
#2384 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

These figures aren’t rare or limited. If you like them vs. the MacFarlane toys, get them from Stern.

How about cyborg Eddie ? This can be obtained from stern as well?

#2385 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Sweet thanks guys

I like the actual one a little better as its a bit smaller

#2386 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

How about cyborg Eddie ? This can be obtained from stern as well?

Part 550-7421-00. Available from Stern.

#2387 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Part 550-7421-00. Available from Stern.

Can anyone post a pic of how this would mount ?

#2388 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Can anyone post a pic of how this would mount ?

It uses preexisting mounts on the right ramp. You’ll need a bracket. The part number is in the Premium manual (available online).

#2389 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

It uses preexisting mounts on the right ramp. You’ll need a bracket. The part number is in the Premium manual (available online).

What bracket will I need ?

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png
#2390 5 years ago

Here’s what you need if you want both Eddies:

Cyborg Eddie, part #550-7421-00
Piece of Mind Eddie, part #550-7422-00
Bracket for sculpt mount, part #535-1854-00
Screw 6x1/2 PTH A, part# 237-5809-00 (x2)
Screw 6-32x3/8 PPH MS SEMS (x2)

75D200A2-EFFC-42E3-A21E-4C386BBEC055 (resized).jpeg75D200A2-EFFC-42E3-A21E-4C386BBEC055 (resized).jpeg
#2391 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I've been able to get the trooper card and cyborg card in the same game, but no others..period.

The trick with Mummy multiball is try to get that third ball in play (hit each ramp once as soon as you can while ball save is still running) then spam the upper spinner to qualify the mummy captive ball. Spam the spinner, hit the captive ball (it should light up with each hard hit to the spinner that does enough switch opens/closes to qualify the mummy jackpot), repeat 5 times. Mode done, collect card.

#2392 5 years ago

Had an interesting shot today where the secret passage was open but the ball just barely made it up the ramp and was going too slow to get into it--hugged the inside rail and came back down. That should be worth some condescending comment!

#2393 5 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Got my mirror blades installed from pinballsidemirrors.com - first time I've added a set to pin. They really add a nice touch - my pic doesn't showcase them very well, but those and the colored plastics set from playfield-protectors.com help this machine really pop. I'm sad I didn't get the pharoah plastic piece with this set though, bet it would look great back there...[quoted image]

Nice, you addet Blue or Aquamarin LEDs in ?

#2394 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr-Worf:

Nice, you addet Blue or Aquamarin LEDs in ?

No LEDs changed our added, but the colored florescent plastic protectors light up from the factory lights. The edges basically glow. The inlane guides, and the plastics over the drop targets and super jackpot targets are blue with this kit and maybe a couple others - several others are yellow-orange... I think I posted a pic of the set back a few pages. Edit - post 2277, just one extra pic.

#2395 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Because this is Spike .

What does the full validation vs quick do on spike games?

#2396 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

What does the full validation vs quick do on spike games?

does a checksum on the update file to ensure it is not corrupted. I normally skip it. takes longer. Can be useful troubleshooting tool if you are having problems loading the update due to a bad download or bad usb drive.

#2397 5 years ago

Here is an easy mod if anyone is getting tired of people asking where the sarcophagus shot is

Buy one of these, cut the base at an angle and glue the top to the base (then paint to match IM art like I did if desired) and use mounting tape to stick to the plastic so you dont have to drill!

ebay.com link: Egyptian Mummies Figure Mummy in a Sarcophagus Tutankhamun Resin Statue

s (resized).jpgs (resized).jpg
s1 (resized).jpgs1 (resized).jpg

#2398 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The trick with Mummy multiball is try to get that third ball in play (hit each ramp once as soon as you can while ball save is still running) then spam the upper spinner to qualify the mummy captive ball. Spam the spinner, hit the captive ball (it should light up with each hard hit to the spinner that does enough switch opens/closes to qualify the mummy jackpot), repeat 5 times. Mode done, collect card.

I suck at mummy multiball... Getting better... I'll try this strategy...I do need to fix my mummy shot though as it doesn't always register. That'll be on my to do list.
And libtech that is a really cool mod. I have a prem, and that just makes me jealous as it looks super super cool and I can't do that one.

And lastly. I FINALLY GOT TO 2 Minutes to Midnight!!!!!!!!!!!!
I almost completed it. I just had the right orbit shot left to make and any other shots if there was an end shot.
The ball bounced out of the right orbit shot 3 times on me too. Came really close to making it. Then I messed up when I attempted to regain control and ball drained down the middle on me.

Was only my 3rd highest scoring game to date. But, the fact that I made it to 2 minutes to midnight was amazing to me.

I will say though my settings are altered. I have extra balls set to 108, 250, 400, and 550 million. And I have the revive set to the easiest setting so that way one good spin at the start gives it to you. I found 2-3 spins on normal setting is BS.
And I have ramps set to 6 and 6 to start and finish. And that's only because I think the ramp shots are generally just too tight. And yes I've gotten better at shooting them, still I think they're too tight, and I wish there were other ways to reward eddie letters at the later stages of the game.

Heres an idea. Combo shots reward letters. Only at the end of the game though and not a 2 way combo, a 3 way combo. And if you hit a ramp or anything, you'd just get an extra letter on top of it. Just an idea.
But, super jazzed I finally got to that mode.
Also finally got further in can I play with madness. Only got that mode 3-4 times total. But, again I'm just glad to unlock these modes.

Don't know when I'll fight the beast, or do run to the hills... Maybe never... But, we'll see. Slowly, very slowly getting better.

#2399 5 years ago

Stern stuff showed up today

611C7CE8-982C-41C3-938F-221E76CB40D7 (resized).jpeg611C7CE8-982C-41C3-938F-221E76CB40D7 (resized).jpeg
#2400 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Stern stuff showed up today [quoted image]

Did you order these from your distributer?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.50
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/48?hl=markymark2400 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.