(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,827 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png
IMG_6818 (resized).png
IMG_6737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6730 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6733 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 317.
#2301 5 years ago

I finally got a level 2 Eddie card last nite. Don't know how I did it or even which mode I was in--but it was cool to finally break thru and get one!

#2302 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

For us guys that suck at pinball...can we get some strategy tips here? Like, when you plunge ball one, what are you immediately shooting for?
My best so far is 226m and that's pretty sad, and was awhile back. Can't seem to break 150m anymore. Too drunk prob.

My strategy for attempting to blow up a game...

Priority shot after plunging is getting revive lit during ball save. From there I’m dropping the drop targets until locks are lit. After that it’s spelling EDDIE and picking off X targets to get my multiplier built up. Ideally I want 3x with Icarus going, it’s usually a 75-125 million run. From there I get trooper and mummy locks built. Bringing those in with Fear of the Dark mode with a multiplier running is priority.

Super loops are nice too if available but they’re not a priority for me.

When not in a mode I’ll work my way to cyborg multiball or light multipliers again.

#2303 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

For us guys that suck at pinball...can we get some strategy tips here? Like, when you plunge ball one, what are you immediately shooting for?
My best so far is 226m and that's pretty sad, and was awhile back. Can't seem to break 150m anymore. Too drunk prob.

I plunge for the super skill shot in the left outlane, next I try to drop all three drops at once to get my locks lit to start Trooper Multiball and I’m also trying to start my first mode no matter what it is because all modes have plenty of points to be had. The first mode is easy to start because all shots add Eddie letters. Mummy lock should be also a priority at this point and if you lock two balls for trooper and bash away at the captive ball you should be ready for two multi balls to start. I usually start mummy multi ball first since it’s pretty hard to get the Eddie card. After mummy multi I jump right in to Trooper Multiball and priority in thus for me is to hit drops to fire cannon a hit enough jackpot shots to lite super jackpot, if you get super jackpot during Trooper Multiball you get a Eddie card and after every Eddie card you also get a tomb treasure. It’s nice to cash in your 1st tomb treasure when you have a 2x or 3x Playfield as this will turn you 15 million into 30/45 million in one shot. I also play every mode as soon as possible to get closer to 2 minutes till midnight. Cyborg Multiball is pretty easy to get as long as you remember to hit ramps as the others( power spinner, pops,orbits,etc)usually are randomly picked up. If you remember to sneak in a few loops once in a while loop jackpot should be no problem to obtain which will award you another tomb treasure, after your 5th tomb treasure you get a extra ball. I use this strategy to try and get to battle the beast and I usually end up with a decent score.

#2304 5 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

My strategy for attempting to blow up a game...
Priority shot after plunging is getting revive lit during ball save. From there I’m dropping the drop targets until locks are lit. After that it’s spelling EDDIE and picking off X targets to get my multiplier built up. Ideally I want 3x with Icarus going, it’s usually a 75-125 million run. From there I get trooper and mummy locks built. Bringing those in with Fear of the Dark mode with a multiplier running is priority.
Super loops are nice too if available but they’re not a priority for me.
When not in a mode I’ll work my way to cyborg multiball or light multipliers again.

Sweeping the drop targets is the fastest way to get the locks lit. It's not hard to do from the left flipper with just a little practice.

#2305 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Has anyone read the comic book series? I've been looking for awhile but they're sold out everywhere and hard to find. Not really wanting to pay $16 + $4 shipping per issue on Amazon. Guess I'll keep looking...

Got mine from here

https://shop.heavymetal.com/search?q=iron+maiden

Looks like they are selling out ?

Have not opened mine, keeping as additional with my LE

20180803_125722 (resized).jpg20180803_125722 (resized).jpg
#2306 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sweeping the drop targets is the fastest way to get the locks lit. It's not hard to do from the left flipper with just a little practice.

Yes, but revive is the more difficult shot with a better payoff for what I’m trying to accomplish. The drop targets are relatively safe to let and the ball will be headed that way anyhow while building up Eddie. For my style it’s the strategy that pays off when going for a billion point game or if I want to make it to the beast.

#2307 5 years ago

WOWZERZ!
THANK YOU all for the great tips. I usually miss the super skill shot, then shoot for mummy mb; but you guys have given me a lot more to prioritize.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Sweeping the drops might just be my favorite shot in pinball right now...so awesome.

#2308 5 years ago

Is there a scoring strategy that people are using on this game? I cant seem to get much past 300-400m. My best game is 389m right now. I thought for sure I was going to break 500m yesterday. Really long game, two trooper MB...just not getting that big jump Im looking for. What am I missing?

#2309 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Is there a scoring strategy that people are using on this game? I cant seem to get much past 300-400m. My best game is 389m right now. I thought for sure I was going to break 500m yesterday. Really long game, two trooper MB...just not getting that big jump Im looking for. What am I missing?

Things can JUMP with 2x and 3x scoring. Really cool deciding when to activate it. Need to get it going during mulitball and nail some jackpots, complete modes, collect soul shards.

#2310 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Got mine from here

https://shop.heavymetal.com/search?q=iron+maiden

Looks like they are selling out ?

Have not opened mine, keeping as additional with my LE

Thanks for that. Just ordered books 1-5. Got three at $1.60 and two at $3.99

#2311 5 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Thanks for that. Just ordered books 1-5

I did too, went with 2 sets cause i couldn't make my mind up So a set of A covers and a set of C covers....some of the B's were bloody ordinary.

#2312 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Are you FINISHING the multiballs to get the cards? That, and finishing the modes (and getting the soul shards) is important for scoring. You can increase your score by 5% immediately just by practicing the skill shot straight into the left outlane.

#2313 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

....some of the B's were bloody ordinary.

Oh, behave...

#2314 5 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Thanks for that. Just ordered books 1-5. Got three at $1.60 and two at $3.99

Had a look, was going to be $12.78 for the 5 comics and then $15.60 for shipping to Canada = approx. $40 Cdn.

Then I found that they are publishing all 5 as a single book in early Oct. and I can get them from amazon.ca for $12.82 with free shipping (Prime).

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/1947784072/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1

#2315 5 years ago

We are joining the club in the next few days. Really looking forward to it!

#2316 5 years ago

You’re gonna love it. The family and I have put over 800 games on ours in the first week!

#2317 5 years ago
Quoted from Brootull:

You’re gonna love it. The family and I have put over 800 games on ours in the first week!

That's like 5 games per hour around the clock. WOW. Must be addicting

#2318 5 years ago

I never said we were good . Had some pretty low game times the first few days.

#2319 5 years ago

Day 10!

688F39F6-5432-41B8-9F96-4A7E9CD421AA (resized).jpeg688F39F6-5432-41B8-9F96-4A7E9CD421AA (resized).jpeg
#2320 5 years ago
Quoted from Brootull:

Day 10!
[quoted image]

Wow

#2321 5 years ago
Quoted from Brootull:

Day 10!
[quoted image]

Wax and replace balls. That shows a enjoyable pin for Brootull. What did you take vacation and stay home.

#2322 5 years ago

Cleaned and wax it at around game 800. Balls are still looking good but will be replaced soon. I do IT work and have been working from home and sneaking in some games while waiting on status bars.

#2323 5 years ago
Quoted from Brootull:

Wow! That is sensational. We are really looking forward to it. Fantastic to hear you love it.

#2324 5 years ago

So feedback after 2 weeks of my new IM Pro Pin and a couple of questions from a newbie...

It took me a week or 2 to get into it, I found the rules hard to work out at first, but once you get into them and get into the game , this really is a fantastic pin, which worried me for the first week that I was not really enjoying it, because of lack of toys, (I am a big kid). But it truly is great and the music is just fantasticly exciting for a pin, the best of ANY pin. I did have a pre order of ACNC which now when I look at the videos that have been released of that, I am so thankful I got out of , as it really looks terrible, (anyway i wont comment more) just a shame it does not look like it can compare to any Stern or JJP games at all...

I have noticed some slight scratching after just 100 games on the playfield, so would appreciate any feedback on that and I have not replaced the balls but not sure to replace with what? No idea why you pay big money for a pinball and they cant send good balls? Seems crazy.

Also when the auto plunge operates when the ball drains in the first few seconds for example, I notice it always hits the top left flipper, is there any thing I can do to adust this? At the moment I just hold down the flipper to get it out the way...

Anyway here is a pic , not the best one i know as its dark but anyone thinking of buying this pin, if you like IM music which I love, it's really great, I also think the premium or LE unless you are seriously rolling in cash is not worth it, it plays just fine without the ramp moving up and down....

IMG_6553 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_6553 (1) (resized).JPG
#2325 5 years ago

Will whoever created this thread make a sticky with links on adjusting the manual plunger and shooter lane guide? markymark2400 search this thread or the iron maiden issues thread it's been gone over about 900 times.

#2326 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you FINISHING the multiballs to get the cards? That, and finishing the modes (and getting the soul shards) is important for scoring. You can increase your score by 5% immediately just by practicing the skill shot straight into the left outlane.

Not all of them. I think Ive collected 2 eddies max in a game. Ya, the super skill shots are pretty key I am finding. Thanks for the tips!

#2327 5 years ago

I’m finally going to be officially in the club tomorrow. My Premium is due to me betwixt 2-6 PM. Pumped.

#2328 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I’m finally going to be officially in the club tomorrow. My Premium is due to me betwixt 2-6 PM. Pumped.

Great choice

#2329 5 years ago

Hello everybody thought id share a prototype topper that ive been working on

#2330 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

If you can take time to make some adjustments
It will be a game changer
My LE was crap and I always had to hold up mini flipper to make loop
The ball would always hit mini flipper, drove me crazy !
Solution ! make 2 adjustments
First, Lift mini flipper a couple of mm
Second, Adjust ball guide exit point to playfield by a couple of mm
Was a little time consuming and frustrating to get both Auto and Manual balanced
However some persistence paid off.
I did not need to adjust prongs on auto launch.
Now the ball launches how Kieth intended
So cool well working correctly, Especially loading Trooper multiball

can you make a YT video on how to guide for a non tech newbie , its driving me nuts - is this not a warranty issue?

#2331 5 years ago

For those of you that have installed the underworld scoop cliffy protector, how much trouble was it? How much disassembly was required?

#2332 5 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

awesome !!

#2333 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

For those of you that have installed the underworld scoop cliffy protector, how much trouble was it? How much disassembly was required?

Not much I loosened everything up and was able to slide the protector under the rails..

5:43 in the video, I loosened the sccop. dropped it down and slid the protector under the rails. Pretty easy

#2334 5 years ago

Any eta on stern topper and blades?

#2335 5 years ago

Got my LE in May and still cant stop playing it , this is a Keeper for me , code is awesome and deep enough love the modes and MB's and the shots on this game are fantastik so satisfying !!!!

#2336 5 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

That topper looks awesome! Do you have any plans to make these available for sale?

#2337 5 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

That topper looks awesome! Do you have any plans to make these available for sale?

And is there a setting for it to stay totally illuminated?

#2338 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And is there a setting for it to stay totally illuminated?

That and to set it to go forward only and then start over. I like it looking like your approaching the scene through the fog of war, it doesn't make as much sense going backwards.

#2339 5 years ago

Thanks blimpy !!! I could make a run of 20 if anyone would like to jump on board please pm me one other thing id like to ad is im making the next set a little smaller plus im making them sound activated for anyone that just wants it on or the option of having it go light crazy with the sound of the music either setting you won’t be disappointed

#2340 5 years ago

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/303170534

Nice 5 billion game with the elusive Run to the Hills achieved

Definitely need to be an elite player to do this!

#2341 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/303170534
Nice 5 billion game with the elusive Run to the Hills achieved
Definitely need to be an elite player to do this!

I love the part where he says "the game is kinda designed poorly" at the 23 minute mark...

#2342 5 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Not much I loosened everything up and was able to slide the protector under the rails..

5:43 in the video, I loosened the sccop. dropped it down and slid the protector under the rails. Pretty easy

Thanks for the video. It went exactly as you said. I tried to cheat and get it slid in without loosing the scoop, but couldn't get it seated all the way until I did.

#2343 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Thanks for the video. It went exactly as you said. I tried to cheat and get it slid in without loosing the scoop, but couldn't get it seated all the way until I did.

You are welcome. I tried the same thing, slide it under without loosening the scoop but no dice. Had to drop the scoop. Glad it worked out for you...

#2344 5 years ago

Just wanted to post a couple pics and a video link of my Iron Maiden Legacy of the Beast topper. It features custom artwork,a custom designed/molded Eddie face, multi levels and 5 light sources.

0926C99C-FF60-4408-8C19-1896969C27E4 (resized).jpeg0926C99C-FF60-4408-8C19-1896969C27E4 (resized).jpeg430074A0-DA8D-48BA-A0B1-0A3FFCC0880F (resized).jpeg430074A0-DA8D-48BA-A0B1-0A3FFCC0880F (resized).jpegEF6165CA-9138-439D-8B64-6D5C7F60656E (resized).jpegEF6165CA-9138-439D-8B64-6D5C7F60656E (resized).jpeg
#2345 5 years ago

I really like that topper, but it seems a little Premium specific...

#2346 5 years ago

Got a very cool "Dirty Pool!" comment when my ball hopped off the center ramp and went into the sarcophagus!

#2347 5 years ago

Repost from the problem thread. Have any of you all encounters this?

I've been having issues with the ball registering in the scoop after draining out of the sarcophagus. It will exit the sarcophagus and not enter the scoop until I smack the left side of the pin. I can then hear it fall into place and it gets spit out. Anyone encounter this and have a solution? Thanks!

#2348 5 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

Just wanted to post a couple pics and a video link of my Iron Maiden Legacy of the Beast topper. It features custom artwork,a custom designed/molded Eddie face, multi levels and 5 light sources.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome ! Will you sell some ?

#2349 5 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Fantastic . PM sent.

#2350 5 years ago

I know I have mentioned this before and I am aware it is a known problem, but would be eternally grateful for anyone that can help by summarising how the hell to fix the fact that autoplunger flings the ball into the upper flipper , it rarely goes where I think it should (this is a new pin for me) round the loop and this effects multiball obviously as it ricochets, I know someone helpfully said to read through this thread, but guys its almost 50 pages and I am a hard working guy!

Anyone can help with what is the easiest fix for someone with literally no tech ability? lol I just bought the pin to play not to start messing with.

Also how the F are we meant to spend this kind of money and when there is a design fault, there is no real way to get it fixed, the dealer wont likely be able to help , but if this was a car we would have a warranty that would fix a major flaw to the design... thoughts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Wanted
6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.