(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,839 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 317.
#2251 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

My manual plunger isn't centered on the ball either. Can you explain how you fixed this?? I am sitting to the left slightly when you look down on it! Would love this to be centered on the ball so I don't have to hold the top flipper up to make the loop.

If you lift the playfield, the shooter housing is held in place by 5 screws. Loosen the screws and the housing will have some play to move it around a bit. Every game will be a bit different on where to move it. With a little trial and error you can figure out a location that gets the plunger centered on the ball. Push the plunger all the way foward to help determine the alignment on the ball.

#2252 5 years ago

Another Iron Maiden Trooper barstool up on Ebay - $165 shipped. Quite a bit less than the last one I saw...

ebay.com link: itm

#2253 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Another Iron Maiden Trooper barstool up on Ebay - $165 shipped. Quite a bit less than the last one I saw...
ebay.com link

Weird. Those are low quality $40 stools. They have KISS, GNR and several other designs. Not very comfortable either, lol.

#2254 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Weird. Those are low quality $40 stools. They have KISS, GNR and several other designs. Not very comfortable either, lol.

They're NLA, so I've seen them go for more than $300 used. Haven't been made for like 10 years AFAIK.

#2255 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I just finished printing another batch of the Iron Maiden clairvoyant ORB mod. "They're back in stock" in you're interested.
Still only $20 (includes shipping)
PM me or visit my Pinside shop:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1158-3d-mods/01789-iron-maiden-orb-mod-3d-printed[quoted image][quoted image]

Ordered!

#2256 5 years ago

hello ,
last night I did a good game . I succeeded cyborg level 2 (flashing insert). i like this multi ball . and "can i play with madness " is cool .

who can tell me what is "?" MASTER in the scores . before the last update of code , i had 4 "?" . what it is ?

regards

PART_1535052286509 (resized).jpgPART_1535052286509 (resized).jpgPART_1535053941513 (resized).jpgPART_1535053941513 (resized).jpg
#2257 5 years ago

Shatz shots.

2 ramps away from 2mtm I just cant get it going! Despite doing everything else the score on this game was somehow less than 500 mil.

20180824_123351.jpg20180824_123351.jpg
#2258 5 years ago

Looking for sound advice. Does anyone have the flipper fidelity set up and if so what setting are you using with 1.04? Thanks

#2259 5 years ago

Nitro expects my premium to ship in 2-3 weeks. Have picked these to design a topper. Planning to light up the idols and Eddie already has red led in the eyes. See how this comes together...

27197CF8-9A80-4026-9834-0BE1304AE8A8 (resized).jpeg27197CF8-9A80-4026-9834-0BE1304AE8A8 (resized).jpeg
#2260 5 years ago

Got a new pin today. Metallica finally has another companion. Im so stoked!

ehZLPSWMS6ODwP4zqVXY%Q (resized).jpgehZLPSWMS6ODwP4zqVXY%Q (resized).jpg
#2261 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

[quoted image]

Congrats, you're gonna love it. I cant stop playing mine....not even joking.

#2262 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Shatz shots.
2 ramps away from 2mtm I just cant get it going! Despite doing everything else the score on this game was somehow less than 500 mil.
[quoted image]

I saw this exact same scene last week on mine, only 1eddie to shoot ...2mtm remains illusive here too

#2263 5 years ago

PSA: Your flippers may be binding and reduced in power.

The bullseye was designed to be hit from both flippers from a held (stand still) ball, regardless of your game's pitch. If you cannot make the bullseye or higher from both flippers consistently, your flippers were installed improperly.

Most Maidens do not have the proper spacing between the flipper bat and the bushing, so it rubs and power is noticeably reduced.

If this issue affects you loosen the clamp holding the bat under the playfield, adjust the flipper up so there is a tiny (less than a credit card thick) space between the white bushing and the flipper. Then retighten.

The results will be glorious...

Backstory: For the longest time I thought my flippers were fine...I've put up scores as high as 1.5BB but I would get frustrated having to always make Soul Shard shots from the left flipper in a short amount of time. Read people on here making the bullseye from both flippers which wasn't possible on my machine. So I checked both flippers with the flipper gap tool and realized they were smack up against the bushing. After adjustment it's a night and day difference. Easily make the bullseye from each flipper, ball flies around the right ramp instead of barely going around. Def check this.

#2264 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

[quoted image]

Awesome!

Get prepared for the “which is better - MET or IMDN?”, questions that will soon come.

#2265 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

PSA: Your flippers may be binding and reduced in power.
The bullseye was designed to be hit from both flippers from a held (stand still) ball, regardless of your game's pitch. If you cannot make the bullseye or higher from both flippers consistently, your flippers were installed improperly.
Most Maidens do not have the proper spacing between the flipper bat and the bushing, so it rubs and power is noticeably reduced.
If this issue affects you loosen the clamp holding the bat under the playfield, adjust the flipper up so there is a tiny (less than a credit card thick) space between the white bushing and the flipper. Then retighten.
The results will be glorious...
Backstory: For the longest time I thought my flippers were fine...I've put up scores as high as 1.5BB but I would get frustrated having to always make Soul Shard shots from the left flipper in a short amount of time. Read people on here making the bullseye from both flippers which wasn't possible on my machine. So I checked both flippers with the flipper gap tool and realized they were smack up against the bushing. After adjustment it's a night and day difference. Easily make the bullseye from each flipper, ball flies around the right ramp instead of barely going around. Def check this.

Can you consistently back hand the bullseye from the right flipper after you play 3 or more long games? I can back hand from the right flipper and hit the bullseye on my game when I first play but after a few long games it becomes very difficult if not impossible.

#2266 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Awesome!
Get prepared for the “which is better - MET or IMDN?”, questions that will soon come.

IMDN

#2267 5 years ago

Awesome!

Haha willing to field any questions. Loving IMDN so much. It is an absolute blast! I need to buy the external volume mod (it is awesome for MET). Any other suggestions for mods/other pinball accessories I should have? Thanks!

#2268 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Can you consistently back hand the bullseye from the right flipper after you play 3 or more long games? I can back hand from the right flipper and hit the bullseye on my game when I first play but after a few long games it becomes very difficult if not impossible.

I was having this issue as well. I noticed the end of stroke switch is normally closed. (Opposite of most other games?) When the flipper was up, my EOS was not opening. Curious if this is the reason why flippers start to feel weak after the game is on for awhile.
00BAEEA5-83EB-4CFA-BA67-1079A6D14F58 (resized).jpeg00BAEEA5-83EB-4CFA-BA67-1079A6D14F58 (resized).jpeg

#2269 5 years ago

Awesome!

That's a tough question. I have both as qell and I find I keep going back and forth between the two.

#2270 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

That's a tough question. I have both as qell and I find I keep going back and forth between the two.

Design-wise, Metallica, regardless of its popularity, is from the stern cookie cutter era. Center bash, with ramps. Snake is same as gene head ball catch... pothole instead of sewer placed the same as gotg and others. Inline drops are good, but that’s about it. IMDN is lacking in toys, but the flow and combo style kills all of sterns cookie cutter machines. No contest.

Downvote is to your top right.

#2271 5 years ago

#2272 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I was having this issue as well. I noticed the end of stroke switch is normally closed. (Opposite of most other games?) When the flipper was up, my EOS was not opening. Curious if this is the reason why flippers start to feel weak after the game is on for awhile.
[quoted image]

So I checked my eos on both bottom flippers and the one the right was opening to early so the flipper power was not getting a full powered swing. After I adjusted it to match the left side and to make sure it was not touching when flipper was all the way up I was able to backhand the bullseye with no problem, even after a few long games. The left ramp is a little more consistent to hit and do I dare say...easier.

#2273 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

The primary reason for the power fading over a few good games is the heat produced by the large number of flips this game typically requires. After I play just 4 games, usually about 30-35 mins of play, my flipper coils are HOT to the touch. And they are setup properly with the correct EOS gap and coil sleeve. They really need to be cooled somehow. Modders?

#2274 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

The primary reason for the power fading over a few good games is the heat produced by the large number of flips this game typically requires. After I play just 4 games, usually about 30-35 mins of play, my flipper coils are HOT to the touch. And they are setup properly with the correct EOS gap and coil sleeve. They really need to be cooled somehow. Modders?

I'm not particularly noticing much fade. But thought I'd mention of the 4 EOS switches in this game one of mine (left lower) was installed upside down and therefore never opening. So something to check if you suspect the coils are getting too hot.

#2275 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Design-wise, Metallica, regardless of its popularity, is from the stern cookie cutter era. Center bash, with ramps. Snake is same as gene head ball catch... pothole instead of sewer placed the same as gotg and others. Inline drops are good, but that’s about it. IMDN is lacking in toys, but the flow and combo style kills all of sterns cookie cutter machines. No contest.

Downvote is to your top right.

So Metallica is unoriginal because it copied features of games that came after it.

#2276 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

So Metallica is unoriginal because it copied features of games that came after it.

Mind. Blown.

#2277 5 years ago

Got a set of the plastic protectors from playfield-protectors.com - looks pretty sweet. Neon colored, translucent pieces. Got a pic of the set as they come, with plastic sheeting still attached, and a before and after. Not sure if the camera captures it, but they really glow and pop - some pieces more than others though depending on how well they are lit from underneath...
after-plasticpro2 (resized).jpgafter-plasticpro2 (resized).jpgbefore-plasticpro1 (resized).jpgbefore-plasticpro1 (resized).jpgplastic-pro (resized).jpgplastic-pro (resized).jpg

#2278 5 years ago

Does anyone sell regular clear plastic protectors?

#2279 5 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Got a set of the plastic protectors from playfield-protectors.com - looks pretty sweet. Neon colored, translucent pieces. Got a pic of the set as they come, with plastic sheeting still attached, and a before and after. Not sure if the camera captures it, but they really glow and pop - some pieces more than others though depending on how well they are lit from underneath...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thought about getting these a few times... Did you order the one for the backboard also ? If not why .

#2281 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Thought about getting these a few times... Did you order the one for the backboard also ? If not why .

I mistakenly thought it came with the pharoah plastic, but that is $30 extra it seems. If the shipping didn't take two weeks from Europe I'd get it now. If I order protectors for another game I'll add that on...

#2282 5 years ago

My machine is frequently getting confused on how many balls are in play when a Mummy Multiball is going. I'll have 2 balls left, then when 1 drains, the flippers die as if I drained all balls. This doesn't happen every time. It's random. This a known software issue or am I maybe having a ball count switch issue?

*EDIT: Premium model

#2283 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

My machine is frequently getting confused on how many balls are in play when a Mummy Multiball is going. I'll have 2 balls left, then when 1 drains, the flippers die as if I drained all balls. This doesn't happen every time. It's random. This a known software issue or am I maybe having a ball count switch issue?
*EDIT: Premium model

I bet... It didn't register the hit that kicked it out. THat does happen to me from time to time, and I try to do my best to make sure I hit the mummy lock to trigger it. It happens to me, but not often.

#2284 5 years ago

Has anyone read the comic book series? I've been looking for awhile but they're sold out everywhere and hard to find. Not really wanting to pay $16 + $4 shipping per issue on Amazon. Guess I'll keep looking...

#2285 5 years ago

For us guys that suck at pinball...can we get some strategy tips here? Like, when you plunge ball one, what are you immediately shooting for?
My best so far is 226m and that's pretty sad, and was awhile back. Can't seem to break 150m anymore. Too drunk prob.

#2286 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

For us guys that suck at pinball...can we get some strategy tips here? Like, when you plunge ball one, what are you immediately shooting for?
My best so far is 226m and that's pretty sad, and was awhile back. Can't seem to break 150m anymore. Too drunk prob.

So for me, right after the plunge I try for the skill shot that is that upper right inner loop that goes nowhere. 15m shot so it sounds like you should be practising for that. If I miss I try and get ALIVE lit while ball save is on as it's one hell of a dangerous shot.

From there, I'm aiming for Cyborg M/Ball. I usually do this by starting a mode, hoping it's Aces High for M/Ball. Another alternative is MUMMY M/Ball as well as this is kinda easy to get.

With these either of the above running it's then pretty easy to build up to Cyborg by hitting ramps, spinners, loops pops etc. Once this is done..hit the scoop and you're in!

That's me...rinse and repeat.

Interested to hear others strategies!!

#2287 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Can't seem to break 150m anymore. Too drunk prob.

#2288 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I bet... It didn't register the hit that kicked it out. THat does happen to me from time to time, and I try to do my best to make sure I hit the mummy lock to trigger it. It happens to me, but not often.

Happens on mine, it's the mummy not registering a hit, but the locked ball
Is sent into play. I Suck at adjusting switches,I

#2289 5 years ago

Almost kitsch, it's so ironic, but never ceases to amaze me on the world's biggest and best pinball site whenever you ask for some "super secret mf strategy" everyone shuts right the fuck up.
I feel like Tom Hanks writing HELP in the sand and Wilson just sittin there eyeballin me like the little bastard that he is.
PLAY BETTER!

#2290 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Almost kitsch, it's so ironic, but never ceases to amaze me on the world's biggest and best pinball site whenever you ask for some "super secret mf strategy" everyone shuts right the fuck up.
I feel like Tom Hanks writing HELP in the sand and Wilson just sittin there eyeballin me like the little bastard that he is.
PLAY BETTER!

Shoot the flashing lights Gryszzz

#2291 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Has anyone read the comic book series? I've been looking for awhile but they're sold out everywhere and hard to find. Not really wanting to pay $16 + $4 shipping per issue on Amazon. Guess I'll keep looking...

I haven't read them yet, but heavy metal comics has all of the issues for $2 - $4. I think there is 3 different covers for each of the 5 volumes.

#2292 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I have three. #1 and #2 and the one they did the special cover for at ComicCon (I think its #5 - the cover is the backglass of the pro). The comic books are boring compared to the pin but they do give you an insight in the various characters (besides Eddie and the Beast).

$16 - I don't think it's worth it.
Stopping in at a comic book store and finding it on the shelf - rewarding and less then half the cost.

#2293 5 years ago

From what I understand there is a "mode select" shot. What is that shot and what do you guys think the most lucrative mode to start is? Mariner or Hallowed or ?

#2294 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I have three. #1 and #2 and the one they did the special cover for at ComicCon (I think its #5 - the cover is the backglass of the pro). The comic books are boring compared to the pin but they do give you an insight in the various characters (besides Eddie and the Beast).
$16 - I don't think it's worth it.
Stopping in at a comic book store and finding it on the shelf - rewarding and less then half the cost.

I sold my SFII to a comic book store owner, naturally asked him first. He told me no bueno...sold out. But yes that was my 1st thought. Gonna try a couple more shops before THE INTER-WEBS.

#2295 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

PLAY BETTER!

Gryszzz there is a really good run through of the game by Eskaybee somewhere in this or the Irom Maiden revealed thread. Look for that.

#2296 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

gryszzz there is a really good run through of the game by Eskaybee somewhere in this or the Irom Maiden revealed thread. Look for that.

Thanks brother, I read it, I was there just can't remember if page 54 or 567? SKB blew that shit up immediately I'm a half step from pm'ing him.
Also that European dude that got 3 billion.
Let's hear from you.

#2297 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Thanks brother, I read it, I was there. SKB blew that shit up immediately I'm a half step from pm'ing him.
Also that European dude that got 3 billion.
Let's hear from you.

I’d love to be able to give you a rundown on what to do but my game doesn’t get here until next week.

#2298 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

From what I understand there is a "mode select" shot. What is that shot and what do you guys think the most lucrative mode to start is? Mariner or Hallowed or ?

Left spinner if you haven't spelled EDDIE yet.

1st mode is usually trash, by the time the 2nd mode is ready I'll have trooper locked and ready. Hallowed is good there since some of the lit shots will start trooper.

#2299 5 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

I haven't read them yet, but heavy metal comics has all of the issues for $2 - $4. I think there is 3 different covers for each of the 5 volumes.

Thanks man

#2300 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I go for a Skill Shot, either the left outlane or the center shot.

Then I spam the mummy captive ball to set up mummy multiball. I used to try to stack MM with a mode, but I find it's easier to get the mummy card by starting MM, then hitting the left and right ramps once each asap to get the 3rd ball, then spam the spinner and captive ball (spinner to qualify the mummy jackpot fast, then hit the captive ball to collect) then 5 mummy jackpots to light the card.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 15,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/46?hl=chuckcasey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.