(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,767 posts
  • 1,049 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Oneironaut
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
Ironmaidenshipped (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_182738510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_165233504 (resized).jpg
20240407_164052@4 (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4950 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4947 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3432 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,767 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 316.
#2201 5 years ago

New code is out. Doesn't look like Stern has posted about it yet.

V1.04.0 - August 15, 2018
=========================
- fixed an issue introduced in 1.03.0 that would complete lit modes when draining a ball without even starting the mode

#2202 5 years ago

Man, I just updated this yesterday! Well, since the bug seems to work to my advantage, I'm waiting for .05...

#2203 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Man, I just updated this yesterday! Well, since the bug seems to work to my advantage, I'm waiting for .05...

Hahahaha spoken like an average player just lik most of us.

#2204 5 years ago

Any recommended sound settings for stock speakers + external cab on a pro? Mine sounds heavily bassy/muddy. Working on it, but seeing what others have done with this setup short of turning the sound to max haha.

#2205 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Any recommended sound settings for stock speakers + external cab on a pro? Mine sounds heavily bassy/muddy. Working on it, but seeing what others have done with this setup short of turning the sound to max haha.

Have you updated to the new code yet? The sound is much better now so update if you havent.

#2206 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Have you updated to the new code yet? The sound is much better now so update if you havent.

updated to 1.03, sounded great. updated to 1.04. Sounds like crap unless it's turned up very high. I just gotta play with the settings to get the call outs & music to sound clear while not getting overwhelmed by the sound effects. Haven't dug too much into it yet; figured I'd post here first until I can.

#2207 5 years ago

NEW Interactive Game Guide for Iron Maiden: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=918

-- Designed to work well from cell phones
-- Displays the Shots on the Playfield Shot Map when you pick a rule

Please check it out!

pbz_iron_maiden (resized).pngpbz_iron_maiden (resized).png
#2208 5 years ago

Hi Guys,

HELP WANTED

New owner first NIB pinball, for my 40th bday, been waiting a long time , so many apologies if you have seen some of these questions here already, I just sadly do not have the time to go through 40 pages of the forum.

Things I am wondering, I love the game, was trying to get to grips with some newbie things, I am browsing through the menu system, I can see things like :

Directors Cut
Novelty mode
Extra Easy mode etc

Where on earth is the instruction manual? I have no idea what any of this means? What mode is it set to as standard? Easy ? Medium?

Also do you guys ever play with 5 balls or always a 3 ball game?

I REALLY appreciate any advice you can give. The game seems pretty hard in terms of rules and trying to look at what to do on the screen whilst keeping the ball alive!

M

#2209 5 years ago
Quoted from markymark2400:

Hi Guys,
HELP WANTED
New owner first NIB pinball, for my 40th bday, been waiting a long time , so many apologies if you have seen some of these questions here already, I just sadly do not have the time to go through 40 pages of the forum.
Things I am wondering, I love the game, was trying to get to grips with some newbie things, I am browsing through the menu system, I can see things like :
Directors Cut
Novelty mode
Extra Easy mode etc
Where on earth is the instruction manual? I have no idea what any of this means? What mode is it set to as standard? Easy ? Medium?
Also do you guys ever play with 5 balls or always a 3 ball game?
I REALLY appreciate any advice you can give. The game seems pretty hard in terms of rules and trying to look at what to do on the screen whilst keeping the ball alive!
M

There is a manual you can download from the games section on Sterns website and one post above yours, there is a game guide to show you what to do in the game.

When you scroll through the settings it tells you which one is the default.

Never really got into directors cut or novelty, but just play around with it if you want to find out.

I always use factory settings with 3 balls, but it’s your game set it up how you want it, that’s why thes settings are changeable.

Have fun and enjoy your game, it’s a good one.

#2210 5 years ago

I put the Cliffys in my shooter lane and now my auto-launch seems to be much more accurate. They must have centered the ball nicely

#2211 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I put the Cliffys in my shooter lane and now my auto-launch seems to be much more accurate. They must have centered the ball nicely

This is the same science that makes twisting magnet in TWD make straight down the middle less prevalent.

#2212 5 years ago

Where do you find the manufactured date on an Iron Maiden? The date label inside the cabinet is empty on mine. It says "QA Accepted" on March 23 on the bottom of the cabinet, but not sure if that's just for the cabinet, or the machine as a whole.

#2213 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

You got very lucky.

#2214 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

This is the same science that makes twisting magnet in TWD make straight down the middle less prevalent.

i played with Twd magnet for about 2 weeks , 3 years ago , after that i never had a sdtm on my Twd Le .

#2215 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Where do you find the manufactured date on an Iron Maiden? The date label inside the cabinet is empty on mine. It says "QA Accepted" on March 23 on the bottom of the cabinet, but not sure if that's just for the cabinet, or the machine as a whole.

My pro has a stamp on the back of the cabinet, April 18 2018

#2216 5 years ago

On 1.4 it states there are bass and treble adjustments. I don't see these in the menu.

#2217 5 years ago

Ooh my birthday

Quoted from beergut666:

My pro has a stamp on the back of the cabinet, April 18 2018

#2218 5 years ago

"B) Super Skill Shot
Hold the left flipper and full plunge. The ball should roll back down to the upper left flipper. Shoot the Super Jackpot shot for 5M, a lit Playfield Multiplier, and a 10 seconds ball saver."

This does not happen on mine. Ball always goes all of the way around on a full plunge no matter what. Anybody else?

#2219 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

"B) Super Skill Shot
Hold the left flipper and full plunge. The ball should roll back down to the upper left flipper. Shoot the Super Jackpot shot for 5M, a lit Playfield Multiplier, and a 10 seconds ball saver."
This does not happen on mine. Ball always goes all of the way around on a full plunge no matter what. Anybody else?

I have no luck with a "softer" plunge on that, to get it to fallback to the upper left flipper. I just full plunge to the upper right then to the left to jackpot. Also,...this never works.

#2220 5 years ago

Been just shooting skill shot lately. Can't hit that SSS worth a damn.

#2221 5 years ago

Although last night, for only the 3rd time, I got the left outlane drain sss for 25m. That's the money shot!

#2222 5 years ago

Are these just in short supply right now? I paid for my premium in full in mid-June and still nothing. Anyone else here waiting that long?

#2223 5 years ago

Just updated the code today to version 1.4... So far I'm liking the new code. Aces high seems to be worth just a little bit more which is nice. And if you get the multipliers could be worth even just a bit more as well...
I did do my tweaks to the game to make it a bit more fun for me.
I add 4 replay rewards for extra balls at 108, 250, 350, 500 million... I think I might set it to 375 instead of 350...
And I boost the starting revive letters to the max. Lower power ramps start and finish to 6 instead of 8. Lengthen the time for all the timed modes to 120 seconds. And I did add I think 5 seconds to all the ball save timers for multiball modes. Not a huge difference... Just enough to make the game more fun.
And I got to cyborg twice already in just 8 games, and I blew the game up for 598 million points.
Got within 5 ramps of 2 minutes to midnight which is the closest I've ever gotten... And I messed up.
I botched a post transfer to get the ball to my right flipper to try the safer right flipper to left ramp shot. And I decided to play the ball instead of gain control and reattempt the post transfer...
Well it led to a drain... Stupid mistake... I wish I could say I won't make it again... But, I will... But all in all having fun with the new code and really I think I might almost be getting good at this game...
Almost...

#2224 5 years ago

My wife informed me that she NEEDED a Maiden. I told her that I was fine with that.

8EDAFD31-FC16-40AD-A045-925C82D17833 (resized).jpeg8EDAFD31-FC16-40AD-A045-925C82D17833 (resized).jpeg
#2225 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

On 1.4 it states there are bass and treble adjustments. I don't see these in the menu.

It's in the Utilities Menu. Select Vol there. That's where you'll find it.

#2226 5 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Are these just in short supply right now? I paid for my premium in full in mid-June and still nothing. Anyone else here waiting that long?

I paid in full for mine in mid April and just got it last week, so hang in there. From what I was being told, part supplies was the issue. The funny thing is that mine has an inspection date of April 17, lol. So it was made around the time I paid for it and I just got it now.

#2227 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

"B) Super Skill Shot

This doesn’t work on my pro as well. Ball goes all the way around.

#2228 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

"B) Super Skill Shot

Where did you get that snippet from explaining that super skill shot?

#2229 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

This doesn’t work on my pro as well. Ball goes all the way around.

On every Maiden I've played you have to soft plunge, so it doesn't go all the way around and then use the mini flipper on the roll back. If a full hard plunge set you up for it, it wouldn't be a super skill shot. Pretty sure this is how it is supposed to be. Especially with Keith as the designer.

#2230 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

On every Maiden I've played you have to soft plunge, so it doesn't go all the way around and then use the mini flipper on the roll back. If a full hard plunge set you up for it, it wouldn't be a super skill shot. Pretty sure this is how it is supposed to be. Especially with Keith as the designer.

That makes sense! Thank you

#2232 5 years ago

IIRC, the original plan was to have a full plunge feed the mini flipper. KME said this on a very early podcast interview just after the Maiden announcement. But, I think they gave up on that, as it clearly wasn't happening. They have since added a super secret skillshot that actually requires the ball to come all of the way around on a full plunge.

#2233 5 years ago

From Tilt Forums, here is the exact verbiage for the super skill shot.

Super Skill Shot

Hold the left flipper and plunge to the inner orbit. The ball will roll back down to the upper flipper. Shoot the Super Jackpot shot to score a Super Skill Shot worth 5 million points, a lit Playfield Multiplier, and 10 seconds of ball saver time.

There are also at least three Super Secret Skill Shots, but we’ll let you discover them on your own.

#2234 5 years ago

There are a lot of possibilities to get a skillshot, super skillshot or different hidden super skillshots.
However, a full plunge is designed to get completely around the loop to the upper right flipper. Just play with the strength of the plunger and find out which different types of skillshots this great game offers.

#2235 5 years ago
Quoted from Oxidus:

There are a lot of possibilities to get a skillshot, super skillshot or different hidden super skillshots.
However, a full plunge is designed to get completely around the loop to the upper right flipper. Just play with the strength of the plunger and find out which different types of skillshots this great game offers.

That's interesting because a full plunge never goes all the way around the loop for me -- it always goes to the upper-left flipper... Well, when it actually gets in the loop and doesn't hit the post... I've practically given up on Super Skill shots at this point because the manual plunger doesn't work for the super -- but the auto plunger works about 95% of the time, which appears to be rare, so I don't want to mess with it since that's used far more often.

#2236 5 years ago

Here's something I'll never repeat:

Had 3x lit going into Fear of the Dark. Hit the left ramp, activated 3X, hit the right ramp for the doubler, nailed the top spinner and comboed into the bottom spinner while the top was still going. I missed the value awarded but it was over 100M.

Really wish I had captured it on video!

#2237 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

That's interesting because a full plunge never goes all the way around the loop for me -- it always goes to the upper-left flipper... Well, when it actually gets in the loop and doesn't hit the post... I've practically given up on Super Skill shots at this point because the manual plunger doesn't work for the super -- but the auto plunger works about 95% of the time, which appears to be rare, so I don't want to mess with it since that's used far more often.

I have only had my game a couple of weeks. My auto-plunger was about 80% out of the box. A slight tweak to the prongs to align them better and it just started working. I had to move my manual plunger quite a bit to get it centered on the ball. My shooter housing looks pretty crooked on the cabinet, but it works reliably now so I am going with it. It ended up changing the orange springe on the plunger to stronger purple spring to get more power. I slightly bent the ball guide back towards the upper right to make the manual plunge shoot a little higher and not hit the skillshot target rubber. My auto plunge and manual plunger are 99% now. I suspect every game is a little different, but fixing this is doable. Small adjustments can make a pretty big difference. I would start with making sure the game is level, and then auto plunger locked in, and then move to the manual plunger.

#2238 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I paid in full for mine in mid April and just got it last week, so hang in there. From what I was being told, part supplies was the issue. The funny thing is that mine has an inspection date of April 17, lol. So it was made around the time I paid for it and I just got it now.

I think it's based on your supplier (where you decide to purchase it). Our local distributor has IM Pro and Premiums ready to deliver and has had them since the game came out.

#2239 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Man, when are they going to build some more Premiums? I’ve had a deposit on one for going on two months.

I've been wondering the same thing, put my deposit in April 30th. Keeps getting pushed back with no confirmed reason from Stern as to why. If we start seeing Deadpool unboxings before my Iron Maiden shows up, well I don't know... just starting to think that's what's going to happen.

#2240 5 years ago

FYI, they don't build them 1 at a time

#2241 5 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Here's something I'll never repeat:
Had 3x lit going into Fear of the Dark. Hit the left ramp, activated 3X, hit the right ramp for the doubler, nailed the top spinner and comboed into the bottom spinner while the top was still going. I missed the value awarded but it was over 100M.
Really wish I had captured it on video!

THAT is the ultimative Iron Maiden shooting sequence. Pure adrenalin!
Wish to get it sometimes in the same way. I have already had it, but not with the 3x Multiplier. I‘m still working on it...

I really love this mode, it’s my favourite one

#2242 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I have only had my game a couple of weeks. My auto-plunger was about 80% out of the box. A slight tweak to the prongs to align them better and it just started working. I had to move my manual plunger quite a bit to get it centered on the ball. My shooter housing looks pretty crooked on the cabinet, but it works reliably now so I am going with it. It ended up changing the orange springe on the plunger to stronger purple spring to get more power. I slightly bent the ball guide back towards the upper right to make the manual plunge shoot a little higher and not hit the skillshot target rubber. My auto plunge and manual plunger are 99% now. I suspect every game is a little different, but fixing this is doable. Small adjustments can make a pretty big difference. I would start with making sure the game is level, and then auto plunger locked in, and then move to the manual plunger.

Agree except I focused on manual plunger being perfect first, then autoplunger.

#2243 5 years ago

Anyone come up with side blades for the premium yet?

#2244 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

My manual plunger isn't centered on the ball either. Can you explain how you fixed this?? I am sitting to the left slightly when you look down on it! Would love this to be centered on the ball so I don't have to hold the top flipper up to make the loop.

#2245 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

And typically there's at least one on the playfield near the front edge. Most of the times it's on the front edge. You'll need to lift the playfield to see it.

#2246 5 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

FYI, they don't build them 1 at a time

Yeah, no shit.

#2247 5 years ago

I think it’s a bunch of BS that all these new games are requiring tweaks to the manual and auto plungers. I’ve also played many a MET where the ball has a hard time even getting to the pops. It’s a shit design and they really need to address it. I love my Stern games but man this shit is irritating.

#2248 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I think it's based on your supplier (where you decide to purchase it). Our local distributor has IM Pro and Premiums ready to deliver and has had them since the game came out.

This is very true. I called around for inventory, ordered June 27, received July 10. This was after paypal put a 3 day hold on my transaction.

edit: 3 day hold

#2249 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

If you can take time to make some adjustments

It will be a game changer

My LE was crap and I always had to hold up mini flipper to make loop

The ball would always hit mini flipper, drove me crazy !

Solution ! make 2 adjustments

First, Lift mini flipper a couple of mm
Second, Adjust ball guide exit point to playfield by a couple of mm

Was a little time consuming and frustrating to get both Auto and Manual balanced
However some persistence paid off.

I did not need to adjust prongs on auto launch.

Now the ball launches how Kieth intended

So cool well working correctly, Especially loading Trooper multiball

#2250 5 years ago

I just finished printing another batch of the Iron Maiden clairvoyant ORB mod. "They're back in stock" in you're interested.
Still only $20 (includes shipping)

PM me or visit my Pinside shop:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1158-3d-mods/01789-iron-maiden-orb-mod-3d-printed

ORB 1 (resized).jpgORB 1 (resized).jpgORB 2 (resized).jpgORB 2 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.50
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

There are 15,767 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/45?hl=markymark2400 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.