(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,641 posts
  • 1,039 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Sorokyl
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8120 (resized).png
IMG_8121 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240325_110734_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_110223_Gmail (resized).jpg
20240322_134838 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 313.
#2151 5 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

That's a major change to the game, that I wouldn't think is necessary unless there is something seriously off with your particular example...

I respond by saying "show me a game that hits it every time." Its a faulty design. Even when you watch the video of the guys that made it unveiling their game, you see it. You see them hold a flipper up to make sure the shot is successful more often. Doesnt sound like my example is flawed, but all examples are.

I made a similar sort of major modding on Johnny mnemonic years ago. That hand doesnt hold the ball on ANY game i played. So i took the switch out of the hand, and put a transistor onto the game that when the magnet activated, it flipped the switch I removed to satisfy the game's looking for said switch closure. It worked perfect ever since.

Sometimes you need to give a little helping hand in this hobby. This shot is clearly faulty.

#2152 5 years ago

I never hold up the right flipper, not sure I can recall the ball ever hitting it at launch.

After adjusting only the contact of the prongs/legs of the autoplunger on the ball at rest in the shooter lane, mine launches and makes the loop at least 90-95% of the time with no interaction on my part. Works just fine imo...

#2153 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I respond by saying "show me a game that hits it every time." Its a faulty design. Even when you watch the video of the guys that made it unveiling their game, you see it. You see them hold a flipper up to make sure the shot is successful more often. Doesnt sound like my example is flawed, but all examples are.
I made a similar sort of major modding on Johnny mnemonic years ago. That hand doesnt hold the ball on ANY game i played. So i took the switch out of the hand, and put a transistor onto the game that when the magnet activated, it flipped the switch I removed to satisfy the game's looking for said switch closure. It worked perfect ever since.
Sometimes you need to give a little helping hand in this hobby. This shot is clearly faulty.

I have had issues that needed adjusting.

But, never has a ball hit the upper right flipper.

Certainly doesn't need a lightning flipper there.

It can be a right pain trying to set the game correctly though.

#2154 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Mine hits that part you speak of when it grazes the bottom of the top right flipper that i propose needs changing. I'm telling you, my success rate is like 100 out of 100 if I hold up the upper right flipper, or somehow shorten it just a hair. Honestly, having thinner dlipper rubber on that flipper could also help potentially.

Im not suggesting that you do it, but id be willing to bet you if you bent the left prong out on your auto plunger to the left just a tiny bit that the ball wouldnt hit the flipper any more and go around the loop like it is supposed to.

#2155 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im not suggesting that you do it, but id be willing to bet you if you bent the left prong out on your auto plunger to the left just a tiny bit that the ball wouldnt hit the flipper any more and go around the loop like it is supposed to.

I'll give that a try too. Thank you

#2156 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

show me a game that hits it every time."

At the moment, my auto plunge is hitting the loop 100% of the time. I dont expect that will last forever but i know now how to adjust it if it gets out of whack again at least. Mine used to smash into the top left flipper every single plunge.

#2157 5 years ago

When I put SuperBands on the ball would consistently hit the upper right flipper when launching. I had to change back to a standard flipper band on that flipper. They are slightly thinner than SuperBands.

#2158 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'll give that a try too. Thank you

I hope it helps you. Im hesitant to tell someone to do that because im not there looking at your game. Its possible that the right side of your plunger could be off instead of your left. Just remember not to get crazy with it and make very tiny adjustments. I bent my left prong in a little bit and it started plunging perfectly. The next day it started plunging down low into the post at the bottom of the ramp so i barely bent it back in a tad and now it has not missed that loop in 4-5 days probably.

I just took a pair of needle nose pliers and put them down on the plunger from above it and gave them a slight twist to the right and that made the ball shoot lower and into the loop. Remember though, very small adjustments. It doesnt take much at all and you can always go more if needed.

#2159 5 years ago

Anyone know how to remove the lower Newton Ball on a premium/LE? It won't center or re-seat correctly and I'd like to polish and smooth the centering/resting plates. I tried to remove it last night but couldn't figure out how to separate the ball from the plates. I was able to remove the pointy post and the two nuts and two wood screws, but then couldn't figure out how to proceed. Anyone done this?

#2160 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

When I put SuperBands on the ball would consistently hit the upper right flipper when launching. I had to change back to a standard flipper band on that flipper. They are slightly thinner than SuperBands.

That's exactly what is happening. I have super bands on and it hits the bottom from time to time. Damn.

#2161 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

That's exactly what is happening. I have super bands on and it hits the bottom from time to time. Damn.

Superbands suck, throw those things in the trash. I absolutely hate playing a game that has those on it.

#2162 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Superbands suck, throw those things in the trash. I absolutely hate playing a game that has those on it.

Some of us however like SuperBands. To each his own.

#2163 5 years ago

Okay guys going to look at this Maiden tonight or tomorrow waiting on owner to get back to me to confirm, what things do I need to lookout for with Maiden?

Obviously this issue with the upper flipper has more to do with design than something installed/that goes wrong. Are there any other trouble areas or issues?

#2166 5 years ago

Superbands don't bounce like regular rubber.

It's fine if you want to use them, but when you go play other games with normal rubber, they will not bounce the same.

#2167 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Do you have a photo of the correct prong contact?

I'm not sure I have anything that would take a quality series of photos. If you play with the prongs--get the ball centered, bend it some if it doesn't look to be making equal contact on the ball all the way thru the stroke, put the playfield back down and auto plunge a few times to see if you are are the right track--you can make this better. This assumes you have the ball guide adjusted properly as well. It is a pain and takes trial and error. I went from 100% when the auto worked all the time but the manual didn't, to 100% on the manual and 50% on the auto, and now I'm up to about 85-90% on the auto. If I wanted to dork with this even more, maybe I could get it up to 100%, but I'm tired of screwing with it.

#2168 5 years ago

Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers limited edition available for Iron Maiden, 5 minutes to install:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01695-iron-maiden-lighted-magnetic-hinge-cover-red-limited-edition

You can get these in any color, however our red is a deep red when on and is highly recommended for Iron Maiden!!

iron maiden hinge cover text (resized).jpgiron maiden hinge cover text (resized).jpg
#2170 5 years ago

What the hell is a "Deathblow"

#2171 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

What the hell is a "Deathblow"

Deathblows are awesome, especially if you can get a super deathblow. Basically, a deathblow occurs when you make combos then cash in that segment of combos at (I believe) the captive ball, orb, or super jp Target. I could be wrong on where you cash it in. It’s much like the end of line collect in TRON.

#2172 5 years ago

I hope this helps with the speaker distortion.

code 1.03.0
- Enhanced center channel clarity.
- Added bass frequency filter selection options: 125Hz, 250Hz, and disabled.
- Added treble frequency filter selection options: 4kHz, 8kHz, and disabled.

#2173 5 years ago

Code updated. The speakers and sound is 10x better! Thanks Stern!

#2174 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Deathblows are awesome, especially if you can get a super deathblow. Basically, a deathblow occurs when you make combos then cash in that segment of combos at (I believe) the captive ball, orb, or super jp Target. I could be wrong on where you cash it in. It’s much like the end of line collect in TRON.

You are the man to ask this.. i’ve been trying to figure out the left loop, when to go for it, how to activate it etc etc.
I so far have gotten a four way out of it, with the right upper flipper, but didnt light 500 or higher, and during frantic MB play the loop value gets built up and a jackpot collected when I notice

Main question I guess, is it worth going for? as a mis usually ends in a drain after losing control

#2175 5 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Code updated. The speakers and sound is 10x better! Thanks Stern!

With the stock speakers?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2176 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Can’t change the design (i.e. change the rubber type) then say it’s a poor design - I learned this way back in the X-men days. I used to change out my flipper rubbers to color match my games, but after owning X-men, and even FGY, I learned the importance of using factory ‘designed’ flipper rubber. I was only able to make the X-men gambit trick shot with factory black, anything else didn’t work. Same with FGY and making the death post save resting ball shot to Chris.

#2177 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

You are the man to ask this.. i’ve been trying to figure out the left loop, when to go for it, how to activate it etc etc.
I so far have gotten a four way out of it, with the right upper flipper, but didnt light 500 or higher, and during frantic MB play the loop value gets built up and a jackpot collected when I notice
Main question I guess, is it worth going for? as a mis usually ends in a drain after losing control

I think you’re asking when the best time to go for loop jackpots are? If so - it’s a risk/reward shot for sure as you mentioned, missing can cause a drain. Two of the best times to go for it is...1. If you have 2X or 3X running with a decent sized jackpot value. Remember, consecutive loop jackpots can really build and make scoring quite lucrative; but it is a risk if you miss. And the second reason to go for it is quite simple, because it’s fun

E2CCDAF4-980D-4222-866B-EF468952581C (resized).jpegE2CCDAF4-980D-4222-866B-EF468952581C (resized).jpeg
#2178 5 years ago

With the new update the cab speaker sounds 100% better! They took away a lot of the adjustment and balance options, but at least the sound is now much improved.

#2179 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

With the new update the cab speaker sounds 100% better! They took away a lot of the adjustment and balance options, but at least the sound is now much improved.

Yes it is 1000 times better now. Sounds pretty good when you crank it up now and want to jam out a little!

#2180 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

With the stock speakers?

Indeed. The sound with the stock speakers is more clean and less distorted.

#2181 5 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Indeed. The sound with the stock speakers is more clean and less distorted.

#2182 5 years ago

I just updated. I don't notice any difference in sound, but I never thought mine sounded bad. I've had more drinks than I've played games tonight, I'll check again tomorrow. The video tutorial is an awesome idea. Hopefully this idea carries on to all the games. I'm not sure if it's possible to toggle through the tutorials, bit it should be. This game is so good, and keeps getting better!

#2183 5 years ago

Just played IM Limited Edition. Holy smokes, that was a pretty big difference from the Pro. I played better too

#2184 5 years ago

Just ordered our IMDN LE yesterday. Now the wait begins!

#2185 5 years ago
Quoted from Brootull:

Just ordered our IMDN LE yesterday. Now the wait begins!

Who had an LE still?

#2186 5 years ago

I grabbed the last one from pinballs.com

#2187 5 years ago
Quoted from Brootull:

I grabbed the last one from pinballs.com

How much was it

#2188 5 years ago

Let's just say I could have saved a bit of money had the wife and I decided to buy one a few months ago!

#2189 5 years ago

Premium arrives Friday. Ready to get it on!!!

#2190 5 years ago

Anyone else get to number of the beast? Got to it yesterday for the first time! Holy crap it was awesome! The Devil you see when you do a super skill shot stays on the screen and the goal is to hit like 15 shots to beat him. I didn't finish but damn it was so cool! Freaking love love love this pin!!

#2191 5 years ago

Man, when are they going to build some more Premiums? I’ve had a deposit on one for going on two months.

#2192 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Man, when are they going to build some more Premiums? I’ve had a deposit on one for going on two months.

I thought some distributors had them in stock?

#2193 5 years ago

What are the best settings for an LE with this new code 1.03.0 ?

Quoted from chuckcasey:

I hope this helps with the speaker distortion.
code 1.03.0
- Enhanced center channel clarity.
- Added bass frequency filter selection options: 125Hz, 250Hz, and disabled.
- Added treble frequency filter selection options: 4kHz, 8kHz, and disabled.

#2194 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Anyone else get to number of the beast? Got to it yesterday for the first time! Holy crap it was awesome! The Devil you see when you do a super skill shot stays on the screen and the goal is to hit like 15 shots to beat him. I didn't finish but damn it was so cool! Freaking love love love this pin!!

Got there once and it was pretty awesome, I’ll be seeing that beast soon

#2195 5 years ago

Who her has ordered blades from Pingraphics? How long before you got them? It’s been over 2 weeks and still no shipping confirmation. I ordered a set couple months back from a different company and had them in 6 days from placing. I might be a little spoiled from the turn around by some.

#2196 5 years ago

I was playing at a friend's place last night and his big loop and my big loop feel like 2 completely different games. Mine is fast and smooth and seems to get faster and faster with each loop. In contrast, his seems to rattle a little near the start of the loop, slowing down, but still goes around smoothly. But it is much easier to crank loops repeatedly.

I am really curious which experience is more common?

#2197 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I was playing at a friend's place last night and his big loop and my big loop feel like 2 completely different games. Mine is fast and smooth and seems to get faster and faster with each loop. In contrast, his seems to rattle a little near the start of the loop, slowing down, but still goes around smoothly. But it is much easier to crank loops repeatedly.
I am really curious which experience is more common?

Is his born on date older or newer? If yours is newer maybe a fix was added in production?

#2198 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Is his born on date older or newer? If yours is newer maybe a fix was added in production?

I have an LE, his is a second batch PRO with the stuck ball fixes. So his is newer. I actually prefer how is plays, it makes the loops more fun to be able to easily hit 5+ in a row.

#2199 5 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Who her has ordered blades from Pingraphics? How long before you got them? It’s been over 2 weeks and still no shipping confirmation. I ordered a set couple months back from a different company and had them in 6 days from placing. I might be a little spoiled from the turn around by some.

Sent you a pm. Need a name and address to check your order, thanks and sorry for any confusion.

#2200 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I actually prefer how his plays

Guaranteed upvote right there lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
There are 15,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/44?hl=brootull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.