(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 317.
#2101 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Your from CA. So it must be the plastic on forklift or the paint.

I mean, I cant tell from the photo, but someone may also be smoking within 10,000 ft. I'm calling OSHA

#2102 5 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Those are the events that light the treasure shot.

I was hit in the head as a child. Leave me alone.

#2103 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

For me, currently, it's hitting the post below. If my phone is right I'm at 6.4 now, should I try less slope?

Slope isn’t the issue. Mine is at 7.1% and good with adjusting the mech and upper rail of the shooter lane.

#2104 5 years ago

we had to bend the upper shooter lane quite a bit to get it firing right

#2105 5 years ago

As an old Iron Maiden fan, I recognize all the imagery except one thing: the lady in red on the left. Any idea what she is based on?

#2106 5 years ago
Quoted from Trond:

As an old Iron Maiden fan, I recognize all the imagery except one thing: the lady in red on the left. Any idea what she is based on?

She's based on the Iron Maiden Legacy of the Beast comic book by Heavy Metal and as seen in the Iron Maiden Legacy of the Beast app (game). Her character name is The Clairvoyant.

#2107 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

She's based on the Iron Maiden Legacy of the Beast comic book by Heavy Metal and as seen in the Iron Maiden Legacy of the Beast app (game). Her character name is The Clairvoyant.

Ah. They should have used this image instead then (if you ask me):

https://images.rapgenius.com/ba3303da2f3665db9746346186ea83cf.1000x1000x1.jpg

#2108 5 years ago

Finally got to battle the beast tonight, he kicked my a** but it was awesome. Love this game.

#2109 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Finally got to battle the beast tonight, he kicked my a** but it was awesome. Love this game.

What did your score end up being?

#2110 5 years ago

Have to admit to not being as blown away as some people for this game.

However my opinion changed a lot when I looked up to see I had scored 179m for Hallowed Be Thy Name...... no idea how but blowing up modes like this, is so satisfying.

I think this game has a ton of staying power as presume all the modes can be blown up with the right strategy.

#2111 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Have to admit to not being as blown away as some people for this game.
However my opinion changed a lot when I looked up to see I had scored 179m for Hallowed Be Thy Name...... no idea how but blowing up modes like this, is so satisfying.
I think this game has a ton of staying power as presume all the modes can be blown up with the right strategy.

This game is the best thing since sliced bread and i cant stop playing it!

#2112 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This game is the best thing since sliced bread and i cant stop playing it!

Since we confessing, I never listened to Iron Maiden, didn't know who they were and didn't recognize one song when I turned mine on. So I went in blind on the theme. Additionally, as the curator of the Museum of Pinball (550+ pins and 600 arcade games) I "in to pinball" but not a serious player and wasn't that good.

NOW, Iron Maiden pin has definitely made be a good player. For the first time I studied the rules, practiced and practiced. Consulted with the pros and challenged myself to learn the game. This was all because of how the game draws me back. I love all the shots and modes. I also really like how the upper playfield is almost like a mini playfield, it's like a whole separate game with the 3rd and 4th flipper.

I'm not sure if IM will pass the test of time but so far it will be hard to beat. Stern, Keith and Zombie hit a home run.

#2113 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Since we confessing, I never listened to Iron Maiden, didn't know who they were and didn't recognize one song when I turned mine on. So I went in blind on the theme. Additionally, as the curator of the Museum of Pinball (550+ pins and 600 arcade games) I "in to pinball" but not a serious player and wasn't that good.
NOW, Iron Maiden pin has definitely made be a good player. For the first time I studied the rules, practiced and practiced. Consulted with the pros and challenged myself to learn the game. This was all because of how the game draws me back. I love all the shots and modes. I also really like how the upper playfield is almost like a mini playfield, it's like a whole separate game with the 3rd and 4th flipper.
I'm not sure if IM will pass the test of time but so far it will be hard to beat. Stern, Keith and Zombie hit a home run.

This game will definitely pass the test of time and its going to go down as one of sterns best games ever. This game really does a good job at pulling you in and keeping you entertained and making sure that you dont lose interest from a combination of great shots, great call outs, fun rules, and great animations too. If you combine that with a person that really like Iron Maidens music, this game is unbeatable and that’s pretty much where im at with it. IMDN is great in every category though from the rules to the playfield design to the call out. Keith Elwin knows what players want, he just gets it where alot of other designers and coders dont. It’s obvious that this game was made by someone who loves and plays alot of pinball.

#2114 5 years ago

I know it is still new but it really has vaulted into my top 5 pins of all time and I don't see it going anywhere. Strip away the theme and the music and it is still a great layout with fantastic rules. The great art and sound production just put it over the top for me.

#2115 5 years ago

Seems like i chose the best machine for my first and possibly only NIB judging by previous posts......4 weeks or so to wait and then Yeeeehaaawww

#2116 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Seems like i chose the best machine for my first and possibly only NIB judging by previous posts......4 weeks or so to wait and then Yeeeehaaawww

You did, great choice for sure! Congrats and make sure you let us know how you like it after you get it! Which model did you get?

#2117 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You did, great choice for sure! Congrats and make sure you let us know how you like it after you get it! Which model did you get?

Premium

#2118 5 years ago

Nice, thats what i got too. The Premium/LE is more finicky as far as maintenance goes but i see you have other games so you will be fine. I would definitely recommend a Pro model to someone new to pinball though due to the possible maintenance issues that can arise. All three models of this game are equally great in my opinion. I just really love the art package on the Premium and a little bit of peer pressure from a few people on here pushed me toward the Premium also.........you guys know who you are!

I would be just as happy with this game though regardless of which model that i chose......true words too!

#2119 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nice, thats what i got too. The Premium/LE is more finicky as far as maintenance goes but i see you have other games so you will be fine. I would definitely recommend a Pro model to someone new to pinball though. All three models of this game are equally great in my opinion. I just really love the art package on the Premium and a little bit of peer pressure from a few people on here pushed me toward the Premium also.........you guys know who you are!
I would be just as happy with this game though regardless of which model that i chose......true words too!

#2120 5 years ago

Funny about that, W-D--I just played a Pro on location and was really bummed about all the things that didn't happen. If I started with a Pro I'm sure that would be fine, but stepping back to a Pro I really missed all the seemingly insignificant extras and shots. Of course, that could just be me...

#2121 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Funny about that, W-D--I just played a Pro on location and was really bummed about all the things that didn't happen. If I started with a Pro I'm sure that would be fine, but stepping back to a Pro I really missed all the seemingly insignificant extras and shots. Of course, that could just be me...

I honestly dont think the difference is huge between the Premium and the pro. I mean its not as big of a difference as like Ghostbusters is i dont think. Im glad i got the Premium but i could have lived with the pro also. Everyone is different though and thats why they make three models i guess right? They are all awesome i think.

#2122 5 years ago

I was only joking about the peer pressure thing Hoby. I love my Premium trust me. Its the best game in my collection i think!

#2123 5 years ago

Some subtle mods to my pro

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#2124 5 years ago

I don’t often mod, but those are kickass blades!

Premium owners should be all over that too!

#2125 5 years ago

Finally got to Number of the Beast today! I played a few games concentrating only on Mummy Multiball Super Jackpot. I had never gotten it prior because I didn't understand the rules. Someone explained them earlier in the thread so I figured I'd give it a go. Finally got the Mummy Eddie and continued to have a decent game. I got a Super in 2 Minutes to Midnight and tried to timeout that mode. It really doesn't let you time out for long. I only got a few hits on the devil before draining. Seems doable, but difficult to beat.

Can you guys hit the center ramp target from a cradle on the right flipper? I can get it occasionally, not consistently. It sort of dribbles up the ramp. I wish the flippers had a little more power. I need to get better at post transfer and hit it from the left flipper.

#2126 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What did your score end up being?

A little over 566,000,000.

#2127 5 years ago

I can hit it from my right flipper consistently from a trap. Are you on 1.02 or have your flippers set to hard?

#2128 5 years ago

I can hit the target from a cradle on the right, but only just barely once the coils get warmed up. Significantly easier for the first few games after powering on... I believe I'm at about 6.8 degree slope fwiw

I haven't made any setting adjustments, default 1.02 here.

#2129 5 years ago

My right flipper also struggles to hit the target after the game has been played for a while. 6.5 slope, newest code. Glad it's not just me.

When I first start the game, I can easily hit the blue 2X section from a cradle, but after a while, I can barely catch the very bottom of the 1X target. Makes collecting soul shards and hitting the target during multiball very difficult as you can really only do it from the left side.

Flipper strength changes in the settings did not yield any noticeable results.

A friend of mine has no issues on his LE. I made a point of trying this on his LE at our last league night once everyone else had finished their league games on Maiden, and his right flipper could still easily hit the 2X section from a cradle.

#2130 5 years ago

FYI, my pro had problems with the flippers. Turns out where the plunger links attaches to the bat shaft are a bit tight and rubbing the flipper bushing . I loosened and added a 1/16 of play and my flippers aren’t weak anymore. Anyone having flipper issues, it may be this same issue, it’s a very easy adjustment.

#2131 5 years ago

Still loving my LE. Blew up Trooper Multiball yesterday and got 370M on that multiball alone! So fun.

Image from iOS (resized).jpgImage from iOS (resized).jpg
#2132 5 years ago

Y’all with the weaker right flippers after some playtime, did you have the same issue with 1.01 software or just 1.02?

Is the general thought if you have 1.01 just wait for 1.03 to be released?

#2133 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Y’all with the weaker right flippers after some playtime, did you have the same issue with 1.01 software or just 1.02?

It's not an issue with 1.02, it's been happening since unboxing.

I believe Colehvac1 is on the right track and that it is a physical flipper mech issue, but I haven't lifted the playfield yet to investigate.

#2134 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Yeah mine was that way since new (came with 1.01 I think). Pretty sure it's just a matter of the coil weakening with heat, and having the machine at a higher 6.5-7 degree slope vs others who don't mention this - could be wrong.

Would be interesting to see if rigging up a cooling fan for the coil like people have done with LOTR, etc, resolves that minor issue.

To be clear, on mine I can always hit the target from the right, just needs to be a cleaner shot after longer sessions, and it'll probably only be the outer ring that hits. Still feels strong otherwise and no issues making any other shots.

The grace periods on some jackpots and add-a-ball opportunities was worth the upgrade to 1.02 either way imo, though we are close to the next release supposedly...

#2135 5 years ago

I adjusted the flippers, now half of the playfield lights are out. I'm hoping something got unplugged while lifting the playfield but I don't see anything. I'm going to have to do some reading on these node boards. Any ideas?

Edit: Checked all the connections, everything looked good. Powered the game back up and they work again. Weird. Must have been a connector very slightly off but I didn't see it.

#2136 5 years ago

Ok, now that I'm over the half the lights went out scare I can talk about the flippers. First thing I noticed was the EOS switches. The left flipper EOS barely opened, and the right one opened too early. I feel like adjusting these may have given me a little improvement. It's tough to tell. Next was the flipper to playfield gap. There was a gap, but I couldn't get the gap adjustment tool in there. The flipper angles were off a bit too. I'm not sure what helped, I'm guessing it was a little of all of that, but I'm able to consistently hit the ramp target with the right flipper now. It still doesn't have the power of say Tron or Star Trek, but it's better.

#2137 5 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

FYI, my pro had problems with the flippers. Turns out where the plunger links attaches to the bat shaft are a bit tight and rubbing the flipper bushing . I loosened and added a 1/16 of play and my flippers aren’t weak anymore. Anyone having flipper issues, it may be this same issue, it’s a very easy adjustment.

Agree 100% - this should be checked. My Pro had no play at all between the flipper bats and bushings. Add the gap to increase flipper strength.

#2138 5 years ago

Thanks to whoever posted the tip about making sure the auto launch prongs contact the ball equally all thru the stroke. That helped a lot. I had mine adjusted perfectly at rest, but once pushed forward the right prong lost ball contact.

#2139 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Thanks to whoever posted the tip about making sure the auto launch prongs contact the ball equally all thru the stroke. That helped a lot. I had mine adjusted perfectly at rest, but once pushed forward the right prong lost ball contact.

It may very well come back out of adjustment. Just remember which way you need to bend the prong and make very small adjustments. I had to adjust mine the very next day again but its been good now for about a week, 100% accurate actually......knock on wood.

#2140 5 years ago

Might be joining the club later this month, stumbled on someone with a cheap premium only thing is it’s cheap due to damage but depending how bad it is could be worth a punt, fingers crossed!

#2141 5 years ago

Great pin, hope the damage is minimal and it works out!

#2142 5 years ago

I have a proposal for everyone here.

So we all know the shooter lane eject is tricky. Auto plunges are challenging, to say the least. I have discovered a fool proof 100% auto plunge. The only problem is the perfect trajectory hits the bottom of the top flipper.

I propse the use of a lightning flipper. With this flipper it would be short enough to not hit the flipper tip, and that gives the proper angle that also ensures a perfect travel path 100% of the time when auto plunging.

Anyone think of this already or am I insane?

#2143 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So we all know the shooter lane eject is tricky. Auto plunges are challenging, to say the least. I have discovered a fool proof 100% auto plunge. The only problem is the perfect trajectory hits the bottom of the top flipper.
I propse the use of a lightning flipper. With this flipper it would be short enough to not hit the flipper tip, and that gives the proper angle that also ensures a perfect travel path 100% of the time when auto plunging.

If it hits the bottom of the top flipper its not a perfect trajectory.

#2144 5 years ago

I believe the upper right flipper is slightly too long, as that they didn't account for the width of the rubber when they placed it on the playfield. A seemingly perfect auto plunge will just graze the tip of the rubber, so you have to adjust the guide to account for this which gives even a narrower path for the ball to follow. Why not try a lightning flipper--might work.

#2145 5 years ago

That flipper is a mini flipper already, so a lightning flipper will be much longer than the original.

#2146 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Do you have a photo of the correct prong contact?

#2147 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Another thing i would like to add also is sometimes its not the flipper that the ball hits,. It can also shoot low and hit the post below that flipper on the bottom side of the ramp so sometimes the auto plunger shoots low instead of high.

#2148 5 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

That flipper is a mini flipper already, so a lightning flipper will be much longer than the original.

Dude. Top right flipper. My fault for the shitty explanation. I mean the flipper it glides by (and sometimes doesnt and hits) as it is leaving the shooter lane.

#2149 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Another thing i would like to add also is sometimes its not the flipper that the ball hits,. It can also shoot low and hit the post below that flipper on the bottom side of the ramp so sometimes the auto plunger shoots low instead of high.

Mine hits that part you speak of when it grazes the bottom of the top right flipper that i propose needs changing. I'm telling you, my success rate is like 100 out of 100 if I hold up the upper right flipper, or somehow shorten it just a hair. Honestly, having thinner dlipper rubber on that flipper could also help potentially.

#2150 5 years ago

That's a major change to the game, that I wouldn't think is necessary unless there is something seriously off with your particular example...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/43?hl=flex_in_aus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.