(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,839 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 317.
#2051 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Just solder them in to the existing GI ( that way they are controlled ) or cab node 5v. Its two LED spots not a sting . I added 2 spots already and have been running them for weeks.

These are 6.3v bulbs. Significant difference in brightness between 5v and 6.3V. Don't really want to run them at 5v. Big part of the reason Spike games are generally on the dim side compared to SAM is the standard old 6.3v bulbs being driven at 5v.

#2052 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Are the spots controlled or always on? Modes like fear of the dark wouldn’t be as good with the spots on.

Yeah, if they're not controlled I don't want them.

Quoted from hoby1:

Just solder them in to the existing GI ( that way they are controlled ) or cab node 5v. Its two LED spots not a string . I added 2 spots already and have been running them for weeks.

Good to know. Anyone else done this? With or without problems?

Quoted from TimeBandit:

These are 6.3v bulbs. Significant difference in brightness between 5v and 6.3V. Don't really want to run them at 5v. Big part of the reason Spike games are generally on the dim side compared to SAM is the standard old 6.3v bulbs being driven at 5v.

But if everything else is 5v who cares? The spots will look the same as all the rest. In fact I don't think I would want them super bright compared to the other lights.

#2053 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Has anyone had any sound issues with their game? I was playing mine yesterday and something changed in the sound. It almost sounded like it went from stereo to mono or something. It seems like it lost its bass and the cabinet speaker sounds like shit when you stick your head under the cabinet and listen to it. It sounds like the speaker is blown or something but it isnt. I also put another speaker in it and it sounds the same so that rules the speaker out. I cant hardly describe it but i know something has changed and isnt right. They are telling me to redownload the software at stern and we will go from there, but i dont think that is going to d anything. Im almost thinking that i may have a sound board issue.

Sounds like you might have a bad motherboard. There isn't a sound board on spike 2 games, it's all on the motherboard. The swap out is EASY. I had weird sound issues with my SW; after having issues trying to reload the code, stern sent me a new motherboard. While I waited, I installed the stern headset and volume control; the sound was great in the headphones and Chas said that it's probably not the motherboard then. He recommended swapping out the board still because I was having a hard time loading code on the original. Got the new motherboard and the swap out was EASY - took like 15 mins. New motherboard didn't fix my issue but new code updates load smooth and quick. Turns out, my backbox speakers were pressing up against the speaker grilles not giving them room to fluctuate; I put spacers in too back them off a bit - coupled with that and the latest code that fixes sound issues, my sound problems are gone!

That all said, and long story short (too late), I think you may have a motherboard issue. If you can, or have access to, install a stern headphone spike 2 kit and see if your sound issues remain or vanish. If you have sound issues with headphones on as well, it's a motherboard, otherwise it's something else. Good luck!

#2054 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sounds like you might have a bad motherboard. There isn't a sound board on spike 2 games, it's all on the motherboard. The swap out is EASY. I had weird sound issues with my SW; after having issues trying to reload the code, stern sent me a new motherboard. While I waited, I installed the stern headset and volume control; the sound was great in the headphones and Chas said that it's probably not the motherboard then. He recommended swapping out the board still because I was having a hard time loading code on the original. Got the new motherboard and the swap out was EASY - took like 15 mins. New motherboard didn't fix my issue but new code updates load smooth and quick. Turns out, my backbox speakers were pressing up against the speaker grilles not giving them room to fluctuate; I put spacers in too back them off a bit - coupled with that and the latest code that fixes sound issues, my sound problems are gone!
That all said, and long story short (too late), I think you may have a motherboard issue. If you can, or have access to, install a stern headphone spike 2 kit and see if your sound issues remain or vanish. If you have sound issues with headphones on as well, it's a motherboard, otherwise it's something else. Good luck!

I’ll be talking to them monday again. The only speaker that sounds bad is the one in the cabinet and i put another speaker in and it sounds like garbage too so that rules out a bad speaker. Ive lost my bass and i miss those sound effects.

#2055 5 years ago

Should auto plunge send the ball around the upper loop?

What’s the best video to learn rules/scoring? Watching that TWD video changed how I played the game.

#2056 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I’ll be talking to them monday again. The only speaker that sounds bad is the one in the cabinet and i put another speaker in and it sounds like garbage too so that rules out a bad speaker. Ive lost my bass and i miss those sound effects.

There are audio settings in 1.05 code including 4 /8 ohm (impedance) and crossover points for bass. Double check those also.

#2057 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There are audio settings in 1.05 code including 4 /8 ohm (impedance) and crossover points for bass. Double check those also.

They are both set on 8ohm which i found odd for the cabinet speaker since its a 4ohm speaker. The bass is set at 96 and the treble is set at 80 on both the cabinet and the back box too.

#2058 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Maybe so ....... but these CT 1 led super bright cool white LEDs look the same as in my TWD Prem ( Sam system )that I added.

Looks great to me

0FCB7DC4-C594-493C-A4B8-DE52AFBCA3C0 (resized).jpeg0FCB7DC4-C594-493C-A4B8-DE52AFBCA3C0 (resized).jpegC627D927-2DCF-4F04-8D88-5FD7EA66CAAA (resized).jpegC627D927-2DCF-4F04-8D88-5FD7EA66CAAA (resized).jpegD827E417-EBB5-4607-88E6-5121CF823396 (resized).jpegD827E417-EBB5-4607-88E6-5121CF823396 (resized).jpeg
#2059 5 years ago

Ok guys i need some help here please. This wont apply to LE owners since you have different speakers, but to Pro and Premium owners only.

I want to know when you start a game and then select your song if the speaker inside the cabinet sounds nice and clear or does it sound kinda shitty almost like your speaker is blown? You have to stick your head under the cabinet and listen to it. Put your volume on say 20.

All of my other games cabinet speakers sound good but my Maiden cabinet speaker sounds pretty crappy almost like its busted, but i know that it isnt because i changed the speaker. Something happened to my sound yesterday during a game and i suspect that its in my main board probably. Please though if you don't care to do this check and let me know how your speaker sounds on volume 20.

Im not hearing the amount of bass that i was hearing when i first set the game up. Something happened about 35 plays in.

#2060 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok guys i need some help here please. This wont apply to LE owners since you have different speakers, but to Pro and Premium owners only.
I want to know when you start a game and then select your song if the speaker inside the cabinet sounds nice and clear or does it sound kinda shitty almost like your speaker is blown? You have to stick your head under the cabinet and listen to it. Put your volume on say 20.
All of my other games cabinet speakers sound good but my Maiden cabinet speaker sounds pretty crappy almost like its busted, but i know that it isnt because i changed the speaker. Something happened to my sound yesterday during a game and i suspect that its in my main board probably. Please though if you don't care to do this check and let me know how your speaker sounds on volume 20.
Im not hearing the amount of bass that i was hearing when i first set the game up. Something happened about 35 plays in.

LE cab speaker sounds like smoker's cough as well. Turn down the bass and treble to almost nothing and add a powered sub. It's a stern, what do you expect except the cheapest Chinese amp/speaker available?

#2061 5 years ago

Spotlights are now controlled. Still isolated from the machine. I use a factory GI bulb to trigger an optocoupler to turn on my original circuit.

#2062 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

LE cab speaker sounds like smoker's cough as well. Turn down the bass and treble to almost nothing and add a powered sub. It's a stern, what do you expect except the cheapest Chinese amp/speaker available?

I expect it to be as good as my GB, GOT, TWD, MET, and AS which have the exact same speakers in them. Didn't you see where i said that while i was playing a game that the sound changed?

#2063 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Has anyone had any sound issues with their game? I was playing mine yesterday and something changed in the sound. It almost sounded like it went from stereo to mono or something. It seems like it lost its bass and the cabinet speaker sounds like shit when you stick your head under the cabinet and listen to it. It sounds like the speaker is blown or something but it isnt. I also put another speaker in it and it sounds the same so that rules the speaker out. I cant hardly describe it but i know something has changed and isnt right. They are telling me to redownload the software at stern and we will go from there, but i dont think that is going to d anything. Im almost thinking that i may have a sound board issue.

My game has the same issues. I bet most people don’t realize it. Get on one knee and list underneath cabinet and sounds like speaker is blown.

#2064 5 years ago

I have the same cabinet speaker problem. There was talk of this issue in another thread. Apparently Star Wars was fine, then when they did a code update that allowed for more control of the audio in the form of more bass/treble adjustments and the cab speaker problem appeared. Supposedly they corrected it with the last Star Wars update that came out a few days ago. Hopefully that means the next IMDN update will have the fix also. I have no first hand knowledge of this, just stuff I read on here.

#2065 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

My game has the same issues. I bet most people don’t realize it. Get on one knee and list underneath cabinet and sounds like speaker is blown.

Yes it is distortion,

Further work is required from IMDN's audio department,
I am sure they are aware of the issue.

Compensation can be made through adjustments, Have dialed in my LE okay, but feel it could be better.

I dislike distortion and excess mid and treble, certainly is a balancing act with IMDN.

Running 1.02

Best I could come up with so far :

Back box 8 ohm
bass 100
treb 60

Cab 4 ohm
bass 60
treb 40

I will add that I have pinbits sub kit and it adds a little kick to the bottom end.

I have not been able to get solid Punch from sub as yet.

So far my opinion of audio quality in IMDN LE is fair, I hope the team will go the extra mile to polish audio to next level.

here's hoping next code update will include audio quality/clarity improvement

Additional

Call out quality seems to be fine.

It is just the music quality that is lacking.

#2066 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The hardware is capable, just the mixing is lacking

#2067 5 years ago

I have the same problem with this crappy, scratching cabinet speaker in my Pro machine. This speaker is really low quality. I simply connected a supplementary external yamaha subwoofer, and now the bass is much better. Besides that I‘m able to control the bass volume directly at the subwoofer

In addition I changed the backbox speakers. Now I‘m nearly satisfied with the music and the callouts improved a lot.

#2068 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yes it is distortion,
Compensation can be made through adjustments, Have dialed in my LE okay, but feel it could be better.
I "dislike distortion and excess mid and treble, certainly is a balancing act with IMDN.
Running 1.02
Back box 8 ohm
bass 100
treb 60
Cab 4 ohm
bass 60
treb 40
I will add that I have pinbits sub kit and it adds a little kick to the bottom end.
So far my opinion of audio quality in IMDN LE is fair, I hope the team will go the extra mile to polish audio to next level.
Additional

The only thing that concerns me is something changed while i was playing a game and i noticed it as soon as it happened. I then noticed the distortion in the cabinet speaker so maybe it was like that from the very first game but something has changed.

#2069 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yes it is distortion,
I dislike distortion and excess mid and treble, certainly is a balancing act with IMDN.
Running 1.02
Back box 8 ohm
bass 100
treb 60
Cab 4 ohm
bass 60
treb 40
Additional

Thanks for your input! Yes it’s the music not the call outs that are the issue.

I am hoping a code update does the trick.

#2070 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

The hardware is capable, just the mixing is lacking

I'll believe it when I hear it. The speaker and amp are crap especially at loud volumes. However, they did polish a turd on myth Busters, so anything's possible...

#2071 5 years ago

Just as a data point, my premium cabinet speaker is scratchy as hell as well.

#2072 5 years ago

Data_intoxicated (resized).jpgData_intoxicated (resized).jpg

#2073 5 years ago

Thanks for sharing the spotlight tips TB. Bought the lamps but Marco sold out of wiring.

#2074 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Thanks for sharing the spotlight tips TB. Bought the lamps but Marco sold out of wiring.

I can make you some up for just cost of shipping. Including the control hookup. PM me.

#2075 5 years ago

Ugghhh. Just drained 1 ramp from another cyber multi ball. The agony of defeat.

#2076 5 years ago

Any word on when 1.03 is coming out?

#2077 5 years ago

Installed a shaker in my Pro. Highly recommend this upgrade! Game is already great but the added feedback is really well done.

#2078 5 years ago
Quoted from DragonPin:

Installed a shaker in my Pro. Highly recommend this upgrade! Game is already great but the added feedback is really well done.

IMDN utilizes a shaker better than any other game that i have seen yet. I got mine from pinball life and it has just the right amount of rumble, not too much and not too little, its perfect. I highly recommend the shaker for this game as well.

#2079 5 years ago

Agree on the shaker, especially when the sarcophagus opens. Fantastic

#2080 5 years ago

Anyone know where you can get/which are the two figures on the prem/le? Id like to replace the flat plastics on my pro

#2081 5 years ago

The figures that come from Stern are made by Stern specifically for the pin, but you can find a variety of figures on eBay made by Neca or McFarlane Toys. The Nece piece of mind fits nicely. So does the Neca cyborg but he's pretty pricey these days.

IMG_0068 (resized).JPGIMG_0068 (resized).JPGIMG_0071 (resized).JPGIMG_0071 (resized).JPGIMG_0072 (resized).JPGIMG_0072 (resized).JPGIMG_0073 (resized).JPGIMG_0073 (resized).JPG
#2082 5 years ago

Finally!

IMG_20180806_225559 (resized).jpgIMG_20180806_225559 (resized).jpg
#2083 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Finally!
[quoted image]

Damn....nice score!

#2084 5 years ago

Pingraffix has Iron Maiden powerblades In stock, ready to ship.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp1eeMO151NE3XZTqvLC2mA

#2085 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Damn....nice score!

Thanks. For months I couldn't break the 650 million mark, nor could I get all 4 Eddies. That Mummy super jackpot is probably the hardest of the 4 Eddies to get. If it helps anyone, the strategy for Mummy multiball is rip the center spinner to jack up your switch hits, then hit the captive ball, rinse and repeat. Abuse the spinners to get through the switch hit requirements much quicker. Also, of note is that if you get Mummy multiball a 2nd time, it leaves off where you were on the first one. So if you've gotten, for example, 3 Mummy jackpots in the first go around, you only need 2 more - you don't have to get all 5 on one multiball.

#2086 5 years ago

Joining the club. My collection feels well rounded now. Kinda running out of room though...

this machine was used at Stern's pinball arcade at San Diego Comic con, Hosted by Jack Danger. Got a nice discount on the open-box price. had it delivered by OCpinball. Delivery guys were super nice and helped me adjust the features on the machine to make sure everything was in proper working order. They had to bend the shooter lane guide so that the ball would go up the orbit.

LOVING this game. I already got a 300M score last night.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#2087 5 years ago

I have been waiting for this moment for months.

6EA43745-3207-44DF-9CF7-EE358F5B820E (resized).jpeg6EA43745-3207-44DF-9CF7-EE358F5B820E (resized).jpegA717A0C2-1102-4E99-9604-3F28A5D06057 (resized).jpegA717A0C2-1102-4E99-9604-3F28A5D06057 (resized).jpegBA887A86-4AB5-447A-9C34-DE699A84CD0C (resized).jpegBA887A86-4AB5-447A-9C34-DE699A84CD0C (resized).jpeg

#2088 5 years ago

That kid needs to take ten steps back. So much in that photo makes me nervous.

#2089 5 years ago

Man, is this a fun game! But the plunger is still driving me nuts. Lowering the slope has helped.

What is a full-on manual plunge supposed to do, make the loop?

#2090 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

Man, is this a fun game! But the plunger is still driving me nuts. Lowering the slope has helped.
What is a full-on manual plunge supposed to do, make the loop?

yes. full plunge should go through the orbit.

#2091 5 years ago

For me, currently, it's hitting the post below. If my phone is right I'm at 6.4 now, should I try less slope?

#2092 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I cringed as well. Our local had an apprentice get seriously hurt recently by something like this.

Congrats on the game though!

#2093 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I cringed as well. Our local had an apprentice get seriously hurt recently by something like this.
Congrats on the game though!

I literally learned how to operate a forklift in W Bridgewater. Drove them for years. This was the safest/easiest delivery up there today. The little lady was only there for the pinball.

There’s a lot more risk involved having her in the pool...

#2094 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

For me, currently, it's hitting the post below. If my phone is right I'm at 6.4 now, should I try less slope?

Read my post in the IMDN issues thread Vader. I played with the slope and leveling alot and didnt have much luck at all with the auto plunge

#2095 5 years ago

First, make sure your plunger is centered on the ball both vertically and horizontally. Then move the right ball guide if necessary. Forum search can be your friend.

#2096 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Your from CA. So it must be the plastic on forklift or the paint.

#2097 5 years ago

Just had my best game yet, all factory settings, 1.7 Billion! And this was with the game prematurely ending a ball when I still had one in play. grrrrr!!! But got to Cyborg Multiball twice, and 2 minutes 2 midnight (but didn't finish all the shots). One question, does anyone know what you have to do to get the tomb treasure lit? Even with great games like this one, I don't think I've ever gotten more than 4 or 5 awarded...

#2098 5 years ago

Tomb treasures:

Fear of the Dark Soul Shard
Flight of Icarus Soul Shard
Aces High Soul Shard
Rime of the Ancient Mariner Soul Shard
Hallowed Be Thy Name Soul Shard
Collect a loop jackpot
Mummy Super Jackpot
Trooper Super Jackpot
Complete Number of the Beast
Collect the “Level 2” versions of all 4 Eddie cards

#2099 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Tomb treasures:
Fear of the Dark Soul Shard
Flight of Icarus Soul Shard
Aces High Soul Shard
Rime of the Ancient Mariner Soul Shard
Hallowed Be Thy Name Soul Shard
Collect a loop jackpot
Mummy Super Jackpot
Trooper Super Jackpot
Complete Number of the Beast
Collect the “Level 2” versions of all 4 Eddie cards

Question was, how you light tomb treasure...

#2100 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Question was, how you light tomb treasure...

Those are the events that light the treasure shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 16.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/42?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.