(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,824 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 minutes ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6818 (resized).png
IMG_6737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6730 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6733 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,824 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 317.
#1901 5 years ago
Quoted from sportecto1:

I fixed the Problem with a stronger Spring on the coil. Works 100%. Also put a stronger Spring on the Manual Plunger. On mine was a green Spring inside. Much too low. Now every ball auto or Manually goes up in the loop

Got a link to the coil spring? My AS pro could bennifit from this.

#1902 5 years ago
Quoted from sportecto1:

I fixed the Problem with a stronger Spring on the coil. Works 100%. Also put a stronger Spring on the Manual Plunger. On mine was a green Spring inside. Much too low. Now every ball auto or Manually goes up in the loop

Can you link to the springs you used?

#1903 5 years ago

my NIB came with an Orange shooter rod spring

#1904 5 years ago
Quoted from sportecto1:

Sounds like solutions will vary between machines. If mine develops a problem again, may try the springs. It would be nice to have a single fix for this issue.

#1905 5 years ago

Sorry i don‘t have a link. The had the spring at home

#1906 5 years ago
Quoted from sportecto1:

Sorry i don‘t have a link. The had the spring at home

I think this will help:

10-148-1 Shooter spring, silver, .035" - Med-high tension (Universal)

10-148-2 Shooter spring, red, .042" - Highest tension

10-148-3 Shooter spring, blue, .038" - High

10-148-4 Shooter spring, green, .033" - Med. tension

10-148-6 Shooter spring, brown, .026" - Lowest Tension

10-148-7 Shooter spring, white, .028" - Med-low Tension

#1907 5 years ago

Joined the club yesterday with a premium. Such an incredible game. I'm totally biased, been a Maiden fan since the beginning. I played a pro on location about a month ago and was underwhelmed with the game play but it wasn't the games fault. The flippers were weak, the plunger was weak, and the sound was turned down to where you could barely hear it over the rest of the noise in the place. I'm so glad I didn't let that stop me. I mean, an Iron Maiden pin!? Are you kidding me!? There was no way I was not having an Iron Maiden pinball machine. Now with it at home playing like it should, with the music rattling the windows I couldn't be happier! Honestly I can't believe it actually got made. Of course IM deserves a pin, but never would I have dreamed they would actually get one. Amazing. Instantly my favorite.

My only criticism is that I don't particularly care for the premium backglass art. I like my Eddie a little more scary and a little less cartoony. I'm already working on a custom translite, and in the meantime I installed a pro translite which I personally like much better.

This is my one and only Spike system game so two quick questions. Why no high voltage disable when you open the door? And is the cooling fan in the backbox supposed to be that loud? I can hear it two rooms away when it kicks on.

Oh, and the new lockdown bar latch system SUCKS! I'll be converting that asap.

#1908 5 years ago
Quoted from gearhead:

And is the cooling fan in the backbox supposed to be that loud? I can hear it two rooms away when it kicks on.

Stock Stern Spike power supply fan is 34dB - that's LOUD. You can replace it with a 12.8dB or a 21dB fan that is a LOT quieter (as in, you won't hear it anymore). Instructions here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans

#1909 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Here are the notes from the update on the IMDN at Pinburgh from Keith:
FYI Iron maiden code that will be running at Pinburgh will have the following changes from the current 1.02.
Aces High - fixed an issue where destroying the 2nd bomber during the grace period will start a roving shot in the mode that never ends for all players
Aces High - initial jackpot scores are boosted by 500K
Aces High - fixed a display issue where the playfield multiplier was being applied to the base value instead of the total (no effect on final scoring)
Aces High - fixed a display issue where jackpot scoring equation would not be correct after first Super Jackpot (no effect on final scoring)
Soul Shard - fixed an issue where the Tomb Award would not light after spotting a random Soul Shard through Mystery Orb Level 3 (after 2 Minutes to Midnight)
Trooper Multiball - added missing Beast 1x Jackpot callouts
Trooper Multiball - boosted volumes of selected trooper speech
Cyborg Multiball - fixed an issue with the ‘Showtime’ speech was getting called when you drain into lighting Cyborg Multiball
2 Minutes to Midnight - changed background font color to red for more contrast
Mode Totals - fixed an issue where mode totals were excluding the values of shots made in the grace period
Eddie Cards - Trooper Level 2 card is easier, can now be collected by making any 5x Jackpot shot OR lighting all shots for 3x Jackpot
Revive - when balls are being launched into play and Revive triggers, no revive will be taken and ball saver will be extended 4 seconds with no grace period
Score Frame - fixed a rare issue when adding a player during Bonus countup results in temporarily displaying 0000 scores for all players and overlapping text
Music - fixed an issue with the attenuation getting set back to ‘0’ between balls, now it resets it to whatever the adjustment says

Nice, that's at least a couple confirmed bugs off the 1.02 bug listing.

#1910 5 years ago
Quoted from gearhead:

Congrats on your game! Really is something special.

Not sure why the hate for the lockdown bar. Can maybe understand compared to the BW system, but it’s better than the previous Stern system which you can’t adjust and is almost always loose. Can also understand the new system is maybe not the best for location, where its long term viability may be questionable.

But for home use, it works better than all other systems I’ve used.

#1911 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not sure why the hate for the lockdown bar.

What does he mean by the "new" lockdown bar? Does he mean the one that stern has been using several years now or is there a new design?

#1912 5 years ago

The Stern snap down lockdown bars are great.

#1913 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

The Stern snap down lockdown bars are great.

If thats what he's talking about i totally agree. I know alot of people like the old style best but i don't.

#1914 5 years ago
Quoted from gearhead:

My only criticism is that I don't particularly care for the premium backglass art. I like my Eddie a little more scary and a little less cartoony. I'm already working on a custom translite, and in the meantime I installed a pro translite which I personally like much better.

I prefer the Pro translite for the same reason and was wondering what this would would look like on the Premium. Would you be able to post a photo?

#1915 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What does he mean by the "new" lockdown bar? Does he mean the one that stern has been using several years now or is there a new design?

Yeh, he’s talking about the snap down ones that have been used for a couple of years. AFAIK operators aren’t too fond of them because the cabinet bracket eventually comes loose due to the cheaper cabinet wood being used. But for home use they’re great.

#1916 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stock Stern Spike power supply fan is 34dB - that's LOUD. You can replace it with a 12.8dB or a 21dB fan that is a LOT quieter (as in, you won't hear it anymore). Instructions here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans

Awesome info, thanks! I'll get right on that.

Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, he’s talking about the snap down ones that have been used for a couple of years. AFAIK operators aren’t too fond of them because the cabinet bracket eventually comes loose due to the cheaper cabinet wood being used. But for home use they’re great.

Yes, that's what I meant. It's new to me. Just my initial reaction was that fumbling for the latches is much more of a pain than the release lever. Maybe I'll give it a little more time to adjust, it's not really a big deal I guess. But I've never had an older release style bar that was loose so I much prefer that method.

Quoted from wontwa:

I prefer the Pro translite for the same reason and was wondering what this would would look like on the Premium. Would you be able to post a photo?

Here you go. I realize it is slightly out of place with the Egyptian theme of the rest of the art, but I like it sooo much better that I don't care.

#1917 5 years ago

I intend to change the T-moulding on the sides of the back box to black also.

#1918 5 years ago
Quoted from gearhead:

Awesome info, thanks! I'll get right on that.

Yes, that's what I meant. It's new to me. Just my initial reaction was that fumbling for the latches is much more of a pain than the release lever. Maybe I'll give it a little more time to adjust, it's not really a big deal I guess. But I've never had an older release style bar that was loose so I much prefer that method.

Here you go. I realize it is slightly out of place with the Egyptian theme of the rest of the art, but I like it sooo much better that I don't care. [quoted image]

Yeh, seems a bit fiddly at first, but the benefit of it being rock solid quickly wins you over.

#1919 5 years ago

Anyone hear anything about an official topper yet? I recall seeing it was added to the code recently but haven't seen anything about the topper itself. How long do they normally take to release? (Noting that Star Wars still doesn't have one so maybe the answer is, "forever?").

#1920 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Anyone hear anything about an official topper yet? I recall seeing it was added to the code recently but haven't seen anything about the topper itself. How long do they normally take to release? (Noting that Star Wars still doesn't have one so maybe the answer is, "forever?").

I would guess that given the sheer amount of modding interest people have shown, that Stern’s bean-counters will make a request that IMDN toppers are a high priority.

#1921 5 years ago
Quoted from gearhead:

Joined the club yesterday with a premium. Such an incredible game. I'm totally biased, been a Maiden fan since the beginning. I played a pro on location about a month ago and was underwhelmed with the game play but it wasn't the games fault. The flippers were weak, the plunger was weak, and the sound was turned down to where you could barely hear it over the rest of the noise in the place. I'm so glad I didn't let that stop me. I mean, an Iron Maiden pin!? Are you kidding me!? There was no way I was not having an Iron Maiden pinball machine. Now with it at home playing like it should, with the music rattling the windows I couldn't be happier! Honestly I can't believe it actually got made. Of course IM deserves a pin, but never would I have dreamed they would actually get one. Amazing. Instantly my favorite.
This is my one and only Spike system game so two quick questions. Why no high voltage disable when you open the door? And is the cooling fan in the backbox supposed to be that loud? I can hear it two rooms away when it kicks on.

I agree with you on the translite. Please post what you come up with. I'm thinking just the Powerslave album cover would be cool.I changed the trim to black also. BIG difference for sure.

#1922 5 years ago

This is what I'm working on for a translite. Kind of a mashup of album covers and posters. Still kinda keeps with the Egyptian vibe.

IMG_0043 (resized).JPGIMG_0043 (resized).JPG
#1923 5 years ago

I stayed on 1.00 code until today, and the new 1.02 code has not been impressive. Very first game the pharaoh lights never seemed to stop blinking red/blue (supposed to do that?) and it was telling me to shoot up the middle while I was entering my high score initials. Wtf lol.

#1924 5 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I stayed on 1.00 code until today, and the new 1.02 code has not been impressive. Very first game the pharaoh lights never seemed to stop blinking red/blue (supposed to do that?) and it was telling me to shoot up the middle while I was entering my high score initials. Wtf lol.

Pro, Prem or LE? I'll add that to the running 1.02 bug list.

#1925 5 years ago
Quoted from gearhead:

This is what I'm working on for a translite. Kind of a mashup of album covers and posters. Still kinda keeps with the Egyptian vibe

Not too bad but i think the "Number of the beast" figure out of all of them just doesn't sit well on that colour background. I realise it's still a work in progress though but that figure alone looks like it's been cut out of the album cover literally and glued on. It's probably just the contrast between the red and the background sand/yellow colour that makes it stand out strangely for my eyes.

#1926 5 years ago

Guys question regarding slingshot power. The default power is getting my balls airborne! Is decreasing the power lowering the default setting or raising it, dumb question but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the other way. Gonna mess with it when I get home.

#1927 5 years ago

Anyone that has installed some pinblades on their machine have any tips? The right side is soooo tight cant seem to get it.

#1928 5 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Anyone that has installed some pinblades on their machine have any tips? The right side is soooo tight cant seem to get it.

My right side is also very tight....

#1929 5 years ago

anyone near western NC? My left flipper has always been weak. Just doesn't have the same feel or power that the right flipper has. No idea how to fix it, looking at it under the playfield I don't see a difference or anything that looks out of place. Driving me nuts and makes the right ramp shot so f'n hard to make compared to the left ramp! I'll set you up for the night in one of our nice rental cabins if anyone can come out and help

#1930 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

anyone near western NC? My left flipper has always been weak. Just doesn't have the same feel or power that the right flipper has. No idea how to fix it, looking at it under the playfield I don't see a difference or anything that looks out of place. Driving me nuts and makes the right ramp shot so f'n hard to make compared to the left ramp! I'll set you up for the night in one of our nice rental cabins if anyone can come out and help

Did you check the end of stroke switch? Maybe it’s engaging too early cutting off the power.

#1931 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Did you check the end of stroke switch? Maybe it’s engaging too early cutting off the power.

This issue occurs with mine too and EOS is set proper. Turns out it was the angle...had it too steep, about 7.2, and the ball would not hit the center ramp bulls eye target....just not enough power. I even set the flipper power to "hard" which had virtually no impact whatsoever (and oddly enough I thought the last update set this as default, but it did not on mine). It was only when I dialed the angle down to 6.9 or so that it made the shot consistently. On another note, my Metallica has significantly more flipper power than Maiden.

#1932 5 years ago

cscmtp try moving the flippers with your hand. Does one move with less resistance than the other? If so reinstalling the flipper bat at the proper height might help.

Edit: if newland is near ashville I might take you up on your offer if you need help!

#1933 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

cscmtp try moving the flippers with your hand. Does one move with less resistance than the other? If so reinstalling the flipper bat at the proper height might help.
Edit: if newland is near ashville I might take you up on your offer if you need help!

Our campground is 1 hour from Asheville and that would be awesome

#1934 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Incorrect coil sleeve installed at factory, Check/replace

#1935 5 years ago

Very little trimming needed.

20180730_141320 (resized).jpg20180730_141320 (resized).jpg
#1936 5 years ago

Just took the plunge on my first table and bought a Iron Maiden LotB Pro while at CA Extreme last weekend. Now I just need to clear some space and get it set up!

#1937 5 years ago

Omg i love this game .

Tweeked my game 3 months ago so that its not too hard or too easy , coding is awesome and the shots so satisfying ...

Between my 4 games maiden took the second spot

#1938 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Do you have a multimeter? Set it to ohms and check the resistance on the coil compared to the right coil.

#1939 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pro, Prem or LE? I'll add that to the running 1.02 bug list.

Thanks buddy, just the Pro here.

#1940 5 years ago

Ok so my game is on its way. Should i upload the newest code onto it when it gets here or not? It kinda sounds like the latest code update has some issues?

#1941 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok so my game is on its way. Should i upload the newest code onto it when it gets here or not? It kinda sounds like the latest code update has some issues?

It’s trivial to change between versions. I wouldn’t worry about updating to the latest code.

#1942 5 years ago

Asking for some advice please guys. I have my LE and upon closer look I have heaps of scratches all over my pf'd.

They basically run from top to bottom! They were there even before I played a ball. Noticed them when setting up as did those who were there to help me.

I have spoken to my distro, so no, this isn't a witch hunt. They have advised me of their thoughts.

I am honestly just looking for feedback as to whether this is something normal or not? I am really struggling to decide if I do not worry about it or push the issue that something has happened to cause this and should be fixed.

I have cleaned the pf'd with Novus as well as given it a wax with no difference.

Thoughts please. Cheers guys. (and again, just after honest feedback pls.)

37838835_1413310195436956_3122261737508700160_n (resized).jpg37838835_1413310195436956_3122261737508700160_n (resized).jpg37839813_1413310042103638_6104420404871299072_n (resized).jpg37839813_1413310042103638_6104420404871299072_n (resized).jpg37886283_1413310115436964_151740928279707648_n (resized).jpg37886283_1413310115436964_151740928279707648_n (resized).jpg37895850_1413310058770303_8130759367801700352_n (resized).jpg37895850_1413310058770303_8130759367801700352_n (resized).jpg37902916_1413310022103640_5741262546124406784_n (resized).jpg37902916_1413310022103640_5741262546124406784_n (resized).jpg
#1943 5 years ago

Just my feedback.

Does this suck? Yes it sucks.
Is there a possibility of returning it and getting another with your Dist? Possibly.

1. I would see if you could get some money back.
2. After 1000 plays you are most likely not going to see them, as the playfield will have dimples, and and overall semi gloss shine to it.

So I would play it.
But it does beg the question of QC from stern again.

Quoted from jardine:

Asking for some advice please guys. I have my LE and upon closer look I have heaps of scratches all over my pf'd.
They basically run from top to bottom! They were there even before I played a ball. Noticed them when setting up as did those who were there to help me.
I have spoken to my distro, so no, this isn't a witch hunt. They have advised me of their thoughts.
I am honestly just looking for feedback as to whether this is something normal or not? I am really struggling to decide if I do not worry about it or push the issue that something has happened to cause this and should be fixed.
I have cleaned the pf'd with Novus as well as given it a wax with no difference.
Thoughts please. Cheers guys. (and again, just after honest feedback pls.)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#1944 5 years ago

There are no more LE's coming your way, I'd guess. If it were me I'd call Chas or David ask for (and most likely get) an new playfield. If the old one wears in and hides the scratches--great, but there is no guarantee it will--at least you'll have a new one to replace it with either way. Won't be a simple swap, but it is do-able.

#1945 5 years ago

My LE arrived today
I will not be able to unbox until Friday
if the pf is scratched I will be pissed !
Many reports of a dud ball here and there on some games
I can't understand why the balls can't be inspected prior to installing at factory ?
The anxiety is killing me

20180731_120244 (resized).jpg20180731_120244 (resized).jpg
#1946 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

New code should be out next week
I would wait for that

#1947 5 years ago

Tommy from Nitro just delivered my pro, very happy with it. Born July 17 2018 with version 1.02 loaded. I bet they sell the crap out of this game. Amazing what happens when games ship with fleshed out code

#1948 5 years ago

Playing Iron maiden tonight made it to number of the beast I got the beasts health down to zero flippers died like they should but the game just kept ball searching I had turn it off. Has anyone else seen anything like that before.

#1949 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Playing Iron maiden tonight made it to number of the beast I got the beasts health down to zero flippers died like they should but the game just kept ball searching I had turn it off. Has anyone else seen anything like that before.

Pro, Prem, or LE? I'll add it to the bug list for 1.02.

#1950 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pro, Prem, or LE? I'll add it to the bug list for 1.02.

Pro.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 130.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,824 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/39?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.