(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,815 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by nickrivers
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 317.
#1801 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Nope. The “line out” is not a 3.5 jack on Spike 2. It’s a pinout on the board.
Two options:
Pinovators sub out board. This creates at 3.5 jack to go to a subwoofer. $40 I think.
Stern Spike 2 headphone kit. This gives you external volume control for speakers and / or headphones including a 3.5mm jack and knob at the coin door. Adjustable in settings what the knob controls (headphones, speakers or both) I have this and it works very well. $99. I think this may be on backorder

What if I want to do both? Can I just buy the Stern and add the sub out jack from there? Basically I want to add a sub AND I want to have a headphone hookup when I want it quieter.

I have a feeling I’m gonna end up buying the Stern kit for the headphones and use a line out converter off the bottom speaker for the sub like I did with my Getaway.

#1802 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

What if I want to do both? Can I just buy the Stern and add the sub out jack from there? Basically I want to add a sub AND I want to have a headphone hookup when I want it quieter.
I have a feeling I’m gonna end up buying the Stern kit for the headphones and use a line out converter off the bottom speaker for the sub like I did with my Getaway.

Yes you can do both.

#1803 5 years ago

I have a question about the flippers, I watched a video on the pro and when the button was held half way the BOTTOM flipper was up and the top flipper didn't move, but on my premium when the button is held half way the TOP flipper goes up and the bottom flipper doesn't move. If there is a way to change this please let me know as it makes cradling almost useless.

#1804 5 years ago
Quoted from Kisco:

I have a question about the flippers, I watched a video on the pro and when the button was held half way the BOTTOM flipper was up and the top flipper didn't move, but on my premium when the button is held half way the TOP flipper goes up and the bottom flipper doesn't move. If there is a way to change this please let me know as it makes cradling almost useless.

There are two switches on the end of each flipper button. Make sure the gaps are correct for each. Common issue - I don’t think the are settting these gaps right at the factory.

#1805 5 years ago
Quoted from Kisco:

Im just going to push the button all the way and not worry about it.

#1806 5 years ago

No wonder I can't score--I was wondering what those buttons were for!

#1807 5 years ago
Quoted from Kisco:

Simple. Switch the wires leading to the leaf switches on your flipper buttons.

#1808 5 years ago

Anyone close up their outlanes. I dont know what it is but ive never had a game eat the ball so much with outlane drains and no amount of nudging seems to work

#1809 5 years ago

I found that by paying attention to what actions are causing the ball to go toward the outlanes, and then avoiding those actions or nudging to redirect when those actions occur, I have significantly reduced my drains at the outlanes.
Iron Maiden is helping me to become a better player.

#1810 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Anyone close up their outlanes. I dont know what it is but ive never had a game eat the ball so much with outlane drains and no amount of nudging seems to work

I closed the left outlane but left the right outlane alone. Most of my frustrating drains are on the left anyway. It hasn't completely removed the drains, but has made the game more fun for me.

#1811 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I closed the left outlane but left the right outlane alone. Most of my frustrating drains are on the left anyway. It hasn't completely removed the drains, but has made the game more fun for me.

Yeah I don't think im a bad player, but i get something going and boom. Forget about it lol

#1812 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

eah I don't think im a bad player, but i get something going and boom. Forget about it lol

The loop shots get a lot more sideways action going. A miss can send a ball into the slings or rocket into the outlane. The upper left can be very dangerous.

So I try to miss in a way that favors recovery. And when it drains a ball, I pay attention to how, and avoid it.

#1813 5 years ago

When playing today, I heard a unique (to me) callout: "It's almost 5 o'clock." It WAS 4:59pm at the time, so it was accurate... Was it based on the actual time? Or is that an Iron Maiden reference I don't get? Anyone else heard that before?

Ironically, I also had my first 300M point game too! Had Cyborg Multiball for the 2nd time, and this time I was hitting a ton of shots to get a bunch of bonuses - the light show was awesome! Maybe I always need to play right before 5pm....

#1814 5 years ago

It's a maiden reference from hallowed be thy name that gets called out in that mode. "Cuz at 5 o'clock they take me to the gallows pole"

#1815 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

It's a maiden reference from hallowed be thy name that gets called out in that mode. "Cuz at 5 o'clock they take me to the gallows pole"

Ahhh, thanks! I thought it might've been an Easter egg for whatever reason.

#1816 5 years ago

I think it usually says that right before the same line in the song, and generally coincides with the time about to start counting down to end the mode - I thought that was a nice touch...

#1817 5 years ago

Is there a list of all the Tomb Treasures? 1-10?

#1819 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Going to install a cliffy for the shooter lane but, how should I remove this post? Nothing on the underside. I'm afraid of damaging the clear.

Depending on the location I have 2 tools for this type of post. The first is a crappy 4 in one screwdriver with no bits. One of the sides is 1/4" and deep and hollow. That would work perfect for this location. The 2nd is an ignition wrench. I bought the set and color coded them with nut driver colors. You could also drill out a normal 1/4" nut driver, I may have gotten lucky with the 4 in one.

2018-07-16 21.46.43 (resized).jpg2018-07-16 21.46.43 (resized).jpg
#1820 5 years ago

Thrilled to be in the club!!

286A80CF-2790-4F7E-8B39-134A47B6A4BA (resized).jpeg286A80CF-2790-4F7E-8B39-134A47B6A4BA (resized).jpeg
#1821 5 years ago

I gave the correct answer on how to fix something and someone downvotes me. Gotta love this place.

#1822 5 years ago

1) you're at 0
2) were you joking? Are you still joking? Hard to tell in plain text.

#1823 5 years ago

Joining the club today with my first ever n.i.b.! So excited I could pee!!!

Do you guys wax the playfield first thing? WWVD?
(what would vid1900 do?)

#1824 5 years ago

I waxed, also waxed the balls. Right now the auto eject is at 90% success hitting the loop. So I’m happy.

#1825 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I gave the correct answer on how to fix something and someone downvotes me. Gotta love this place.

Unfortunately, you gave the incorrect answer and no one else should do what you suggest. The correct answer was already given above. It is a 5 second switch adjustment. Swapping the wires will have your game setup inconsistent with the expected setup and cause frustration in the future. It is bad advice.

#1826 5 years ago

Saw the alternate Fear of the Dark video while watching my son the other day. Hilarious.

#1827 5 years ago

Got my custom side rails and hinges powder coated for my premium . Will install tonight

8C9A6F1B-911D-4DDD-925B-ED7B3CA3AE25 (resized).jpeg8C9A6F1B-911D-4DDD-925B-ED7B3CA3AE25 (resized).jpeg9B1F7C76-E370-4C68-9C1A-1A3DC73297E1 (resized).jpeg9B1F7C76-E370-4C68-9C1A-1A3DC73297E1 (resized).jpegB180E010-CC93-403C-8A96-9E28D62C0A4E (resized).jpegB180E010-CC93-403C-8A96-9E28D62C0A4E (resized).jpegB519CB3F-E193-4EEF-A198-28C991903DE3 (resized).jpegB519CB3F-E193-4EEF-A198-28C991903DE3 (resized).jpegC35FC05D-16D5-4D0B-A1FD-269C8F683A0A (resized).jpegC35FC05D-16D5-4D0B-A1FD-269C8F683A0A (resized).jpegE93965AC-0E4F-4A6E-8801-8B3A63D55029 (resized).jpegE93965AC-0E4F-4A6E-8801-8B3A63D55029 (resized).jpeg
#1828 5 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Saw the alternate Fear of the Dark video while watching my son the other day. Hilarious.

Has anyone figured out how this sequence is triggered? I miss seeing Keith run for his life.

#1829 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Has anyone figured out how this sequence is triggered? I miss seeing Keith run for his life.

There's a setting in the adjustments. Default is 5%.

#1830 5 years ago

Hi All,

I'm a newbie and have a couple of silly questions:-

At the end of IM when you drain,you see a number being shot into the aeroplane, what does this number represent?
I set my tilt plum up when my machine arrived and can def see the advantage of nudging the machine. Can repeated nudges damage the cabinet or legs?
Thanks in advance

#1831 5 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hi All,
I'm a newbie and have a couple of silly questions:-
At the end of IM when you drain,you see a number being shot into the aeroplane, what does this number represent?
I set my tilt plum up when my machine arrived and can def see the advantage of nudging the machine. Can repeated nudges damage the cabinet or legs?
Thanks in advance

It’s the match sequence. You could win a free game.

Normal nudging won’t damage the machine.

#1832 5 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Thanks in advance

I'm pretty rough with mine, and try to tilt often just to learn the art of nudging. It's had a huge impact on my scoring, ball time.

Some guys say if the legs can't slide easily it's possible to crack the box. And unfortunately I protect the feet from my hardwood floors with cups. Which take some force to get them sliding.

But the legs flex a lot. And IMDN is a pretty light machine. So I'm violently nudging away getting balls to pop out of the outlanes

#1833 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I caught it the other night too, easily my favorite mode with KMFE on screen.

#1834 5 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Got my custom side rails and hinges powder coated for my premium . Will install tonight

Interested to see these installed.

#1835 5 years ago

Not $300 interested.

#1836 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Interested to see these installed.

Installed

37AD8E56-9306-4C70-A188-44394FACDA4F (resized).jpeg37AD8E56-9306-4C70-A188-44394FACDA4F (resized).jpeg43E7D797-AB16-4045-80D5-63D5CF75C107 (resized).jpeg43E7D797-AB16-4045-80D5-63D5CF75C107 (resized).jpeg541063CC-06CE-4EFC-B045-565C32491318 (resized).jpeg541063CC-06CE-4EFC-B045-565C32491318 (resized).jpeg6055386F-A42B-4140-8362-E1120AD65135 (resized).jpeg6055386F-A42B-4140-8362-E1120AD65135 (resized).jpegA5FFBE85-C549-4C18-9F5C-67BB9925053D (resized).jpegA5FFBE85-C549-4C18-9F5C-67BB9925053D (resized).jpeg
#1837 5 years ago

I just listed the 3D printed ORB mod in the Market Place with additional information in the IM MOD topic
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-mod-thread/page/5#post-4497639

If the Market Place isnt working just PM me.

Fits Pro, Prem and LE.
$20 shipped in continental USA.

IMG_1630 (resized).JPGIMG_1630 (resized).JPGIMG_1640 (resized).JPGIMG_1640 (resized).JPGIMG_1642 (resized).JPGIMG_1642 (resized).JPG
#1838 5 years ago

Advice for those plugging up the outlanes due to excessive draining: sell your machine and buy an original Nintendo and one game: Contra.

Here's the secret: up+down+up+down+left+right+left+right+B+A+Start.

Not only will this save you significant money, but you will be even better at something with even less effort.

On a side note, I'm now offering legitimate online master's degrees. No prerequisites! No homework! Get that job you've always dreamed about! PM for details.

#1839 5 years ago

Bad advise. Everyone has different skills and those struggling with the game are looking for a way to make it easier for THEM to play and enjoy the game. That's why there are settings, you know?

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Advice for those plugging up the outlanes due to excessive draining: sell your machine and buy an original Nintendo and one game: Contra.
Not only will this save you significant money, but you will be even better at something with even less effort.
On a side note, I'm now offering legitimate online master's degrees. No prerequisites! No homework! Get that job you've always dreamed about! PM for details.

#1840 5 years ago

I am in as of last week. I absolutely love this game. I admit when it first came out I wasn’t too interested, but now it’s the complete opposite.

My favorite mode is aces high. 8 kills is my high so far. How many kills finishes it? Hard to look at screen when your so concentrated on hitting lit targets.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1841 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

What a stupid post. I bought my IMDN from the owner of Tilt in Minneapolis (http://tiltpinballbar.com/), and he said the first thing he did with his location pin was to close the outlanes because there were too many drains taking away the fun. I tried it open for a couple of weeks before I agreed and closed the left.

#1842 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Sound like when I went to get a home mortgage in 2008. First thing they said ( we don't even want to know if you have a job). I'll PM you shortly. Wait for it.

#1843 5 years ago

I'm IN! What an incredibly fun game!
Cant...
stop...
playing...!

Small and stupid question #1, can I turn off most of the high scores displayed in attract mode? I like the other animations so much more...

20180717_123623.jpg20180717_123623.jpg
#1844 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

I'm IN! What an incredibly fun game!
Cant...
stop...
playing...!
Small and stupid question #1, can I turn off most of the high scores displayed in attract mode? I like the other animations so much more...

This is not a stupid question but a real good idea. There are so many high scores on IM. I'd love to see the animations MORE than the high scores. I'm going to see some of the Stern guys tomorrow at ComicCon. I'll mention this suggestion in our meeting.

#1845 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Bad advise. Everyone has different skills and those struggling with the game are looking for a way to make it easier for THEM to play and enjoy the game. That's why there are settings, you know?

#1846 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

This is not a stupid question but a real good idea. There are so many high scores on IM. I'd love to see the animations MORE than the high scores. I'm going to see some of the Stern guys tomorrow at ComicCon. I'll mention this suggestion in our meeting.

That is GREAT, thanks!
Let me press my luck... it would be nice if there was a few second fade between attract and gameplay backglass brightness. It's a great feature, could be smoother...
And this may be naive but it would be great for the owner to be able to easily add songs since it doesn't affect gameplay and would be even cooler if you select a playlist and play a whole album. I guess a big-ass-whole album mp3 through pinsound could be a good workaround.

I hate to sound like I'm complaining about what is currently my all-time favorite game!

#1847 5 years ago

Anybody contact stern to get the new plastics with the stuck ball protectors? Will they send them straight to you or do I have to go through my distributor?

#1848 5 years ago

The only thing I don't like about my LE is it's GI. I think the playfield is to dark. I have pinstadiums in my Star Wars and like them. Now I am thinking about to order a set for my Iron Maiden too. What are the opinions here about them in the Iron Maiden LE?

#1849 5 years ago

Switch the red to cool white. No issues seeing the PF on the pro.

#1850 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I waxed, also waxed the balls. Right now the auto eject is at 90% success hitting the loop. So I’m happy.

Question for everyone. If I buy a NIB pro what should I expect as far as the auto eject hitting the loop and is there a way to adjust the game if it is not making it consistently. To me a 90% success rate seems pretty bad but maybe that's what everyone is experiencing. This may be the deciding factor between me buying NIB or looking for a HUO one with a perfect auto eject. That just seems like a pretty essential gameplay feature especially on the pro (where it shoots the balls up there for start of trooper multiball)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/37?hl=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.