(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,827 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 55 minutes ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png
IMG_6818 (resized).png
IMG_6737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6730 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6733 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 317.
#1701 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It’s like a pro or premium.

#1702 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Some quirky pinball guy I know complemented me after seeing my wife for the first time saying “Wow” she is like an “LE wife”?!
Uhhhhhh thanks?? Lol!

Well let's see a pic.

#1703 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well let's see a pic.

Oh no. May get some “Meh. She is a Pro” comments.

I can see that coming from a mile away. Lol

#1704 5 years ago

Some quirky pinball guy I know complemented me after seeing my wife for the first time saying “Wow” she is like an “LE wife”?!
Uhhhhhh thanks?? Lol!

That’s a good thing. Congrats on your LE!

#1705 5 years ago

Oh no. May get some “Meh. She is a Pro” comments.

I can see that coming from a mile away. Lol

As long as shes an LE to you thats all that matters, hopefully LE doesn't stand for Limited Entry like most wives

#1706 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It’s like a pro or premium.

Well shit, if thats true then maybe i will get a Premium because thats a pretty big difference for sure, i think we can all agree on that!

#1707 5 years ago

Some quirky pinball guy I know complemented me

AD73B3C1-D771-4A3A-A8A3-EDD748458A55 (resized).jpegAD73B3C1-D771-4A3A-A8A3-EDD748458A55 (resized).jpeg

#1708 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well shit, if thats true then maybe i will get a Premium because thats a pretty big difference for sure, i think we can all agree on that!

Agree! Now buy that pin . Good luck with what ever Maiden you pick . You can do no wrong with this pin.

#1709 5 years ago

One more.
I hear Eddie Money. Bass playing rivals Steve Harris so on topic.
9HbzV1S (resized).jpg9HbzV1S (resized).jpg

#1710 5 years ago

BABY HOLD ON TO ME.
These suck ass Maiden scores are our's to see.

#1711 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

BABY HOLD ON TO ME.
These suck ass Maiden scores are our's to see.

Gryszzz you’re drunk, go to bed! lol

#1712 5 years ago

No. You. I'm gonna keep posting so maybe she'll see this and marry me.
My fiancee here loves the Iron Maiden.
312full (resized).jpg312full (resized).jpg

#1713 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm gonna keep posting so maybe she'll see this and marry me.

Ever heard that song “Dream on?” It’s awesome!

#1714 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Agree! Now buy that pin . Good luck with what ever Maiden you pick . You can do no wrong with this pin.

You guys will know which one i buy very soon! I do love the yellow cab and the artwork the best on the Premium, I’ll say that much. I still dont think the gameplay will be leaps and bounds better though, and if i go Premium and all of the mechs start screwing up on me constantly im going to be paying about four or five people a visit!

#1715 5 years ago

Went and played the Pro tonight. It is GREAT! You will have no regrets with any of them.

#1716 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Went and played the Pro tonight. It is GREAT! You will have no regrets with any of them.

See thats what ive been trying to tell you guys!!

Just kidding....all of the models are awesome i think.

#1717 5 years ago

Loving my game!

Quick question, though... what does the "lock" insert represent in front of the center ramp on the Premium/LE?

On the Pro I know it's for locking the ball in the sarcophagus. Obviously, on the Premium/LE you do that on the left ramp instead.

#1718 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Loving my game!
Quick question, though... what does the "lock" insert represent in front of the center ramp on the Premium/LE?
On the Pro I know it's for locking the ball in the sarcophagus. Obviously, on the Premium/LE you do that on the left ramp instead.

I think it lights up at the start of Rime of the Ancient Mariner mode when you need to ‘shoot the bird’... there may be other times as well.

#1719 5 years ago

Uhhhhhh thanks?? Lol!

Pics...

#1720 5 years ago

So changed out the metal washers at the slings with clear ones. With the clear ones you see a little bit more of the sling artwork/color. I changed all the flipper rubbers with red super-bands. I also thought about purple as the one I played before mine had purple. I think both look great. There was already some damage on the stock flipper rubbers after only maybe twenty games. At the same time I changed out the post sleeves with red. Please note with the red sleeves you will get some crazy air-balls sometimes. I'm OK with it. I also replaced the glass with High Definition Anti-Reflection playfield glass (Not in photo).

DSC_0092 (resized).JPGDSC_0092 (resized).JPGDSC_0093 (resized).JPGDSC_0093 (resized).JPGDSC_0094 (resized).JPGDSC_0094 (resized).JPG
#1721 5 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I also replaced the glass with High Definition Anti-Reflection playfield glass (Not in photo).

I've been thinking about doing this, but have never seen it in person so spending $400 is a tough pill to swallow. However, I find there's a lot of glare, making shots from the upper-left flipper a little more difficult. Have you found it a good upgrade? What glass did you use?

#1722 5 years ago

You should be able to get the Stern anti-reflective glass for around $250.

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4558

#1723 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I've been thinking about doing this, but have never seen it in person so spending $400 is a tough pill to swallow. However, I find there's a lot of glare, making shots from the upper-left flipper a little more difficult. Have you found it a good upgrade? What glass did you use?

I got my last four plus pieces from Marco Specialties https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-6845-00.
They had the best price when you add the shipping cost. The last time I bought two pieces and the shipping was only $9.99 total.

#1724 5 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I got my last four plus pieces from Marco Specialties https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-6845-00.
They had the best price when you add the shipping cost. The last time I bought two pieces and the shipping was only $9.99 total.

Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

You should be able to get the Stern anti-reflective glass for around $250.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4558

Oh, that's a little cheaper than I thought I saw before... Thanks!

Now the question - do you think it makes a big difference on IMDN?

#1725 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

The biggest thing you can do to deal with glare on SPIKE games like IMDN is turn down the backbox lighting to 10% during gameplay and also turn off any direct overhead lighting in the room. I also have one of those bent plastic thingies to reduce glare from the LCD display. Glare is really a non-issue on my game and the $250 could be better spent elsewhere in your gameroom. Also, changing the GI LED's to warm white instead of cool white makes the game's lighting a lot easier on the eyes.

#1726 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I think it makes a big difference on any game. All my games have it now. Not a cheap mod but it's an easy mod.

#1727 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Quoted from MikeS:

The biggest thing you can do to deal with glare on SPIKE games like IMDN is turn down the backbox lighting to 10% during gameplay and also turn off any direct overhead lighting in the room. I also have one of those bent plastic thingies to reduce glare from the LCD display. Glare is really a non-issue on my game and the $250 could be better spent elsewhere in your gameroom. Also, changing the GI LED's to warm white instead of cool white makes the game's lighting a lot easier on the eyes.

I agree with the suggestions above re: dimming the BG light during play, etc.

However, adding stadium lights should actually be cheaper and also basically solves any external light source glare issues, plus provides improved PF lighting. I'd do that long before I spent that kind of $ on anti-glare glass.

Even with the Stern anti-glare glass on my LE the BG and lights, etc. reflect off the PF it's so shiny. More light under the glass is a better solution IMHO.

#1728 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Hey Mike, how did you get the bent plastic to stay on a Spike 2 game? I kinda jerry-rigged mine in there but it will probably fall out at some point when the cabinet is moved or the shaker motor gets used.

#1729 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Hey Mike, how did you get the bent plastic to stay on a Spike 2 game? I kinda jerry-rigged mine in there but it will probably fall out at some point when the cabinet is moved or the shaker motor gets used.

I wrap the part that goes under the glass with a few layers of electrical tape to make it fit nice and snug.

#1730 5 years ago

I have the Stern HD glass on my premium. It's an awesome upgrade. I have a sheet of invisiglass too. Slightly better to my eye, but the Stern HD glass is great and a bit cheaper shipped.

#1731 5 years ago

I have 2 sheets of PDI. Some people think it's a waste but next to a machine w regular glass it's freakin amazing. For a grail game it's absolutely worth it. Problem is, then you want it on ALL yer machines.
Honestly, I'm having a hard time telling any difference between the PDI and the Stern. PDI might be slightly clearer, but not by much.
Also, the PDI is what lands me hot redheads, so I've got that goin for me.

#1732 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

the PDI is what lands me hot redheads, so I've got that goin for me.

I thought it was your studliness that landed you the hot redheads??

#1733 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I have 2 sheets of PDI. Some people think it's a waste but next to a machine w regular glass it's freakin amazing. For a grail game it's absolutely worth it. Problem is, then you want it on ALL yer machines.
Honestly, I'm having a hard time telling any difference between the PDI and the Stern. PDI might be slightly clearer, but not by much.

I have all three types of PDI, Sterns, and JJP. I'm not sure which games have which anymore. Well not completely true I know WOZ is JJP glass and IMDN has Stern glass. I do understand the wanting them on all the games.

#1734 5 years ago

Nope. P. D. I.

#1735 5 years ago

My buddy had the Invisiglass on his WOZ. I always thought it looked terrible compared to PDI. But Stern seems to have hit the mark.

#1736 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

My buddy had the Invisiglass on his WOZ. I always thought it looked terrible compared to PDI. But Stern seems to have hit the mark.

Maybe my problem is that my eyes aren't as good as in the past. I need glasses to read now a days. My WOZ with the Invisiglass was my first with the high end glass. I wish I had a dollar for each time a friend tried to grab something on the playfield thinking no glass on the pin. I wish I was filming them at the time. Pulling their hands back like little kids after their hands hit the glass and the looks on their faces.

#1737 5 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Maybe my problem is that my eyes aren't as good as in the past. I need glasses to read now a days. My WOZ with the Invisiglass was my first with the high end glass. I wish I had a dollar for each time a friend tried to grab something on the playfield thinking no glass on the pin. I wish I was filming them at the time. Pulling their hands back like little kids after their hands hit the glass and the looks on their faces.

Haha should have laid a dollar inside the game and turned on your camera.

#1738 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Haha should have laid a dollar inside the game and turned on your camera.

That would have worked great

#1739 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Ummmm..........
Could you please elaborate on this a bit. I'm considering better glass and this seems like an important factor to consider.

#1740 5 years ago

Another slight change to my Pro

0711181855a_HDR (resized).jpg0711181855a_HDR (resized).jpg
#1741 5 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

Another slight change to my Pro

I don't see no Harley in that pic. Fake af.

#1742 5 years ago

LOL!
Trip to Colorado last week

36378388_2158049557555761_1917846993816780800_n (resized).jpg36378388_2158049557555761_1917846993816780800_n (resized).jpg
#1743 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I already play with the lights off and the BG turned down - is probably around 10% but will have to check.

What's the "bent plastic thingee" you're referring to? Most of the glare is from the LCD so sounds like it could help.

#1744 5 years ago

Finally made it to Cyborg Multiball. Hitting enough ramps is super tough for me. Huge huge adrenaline rush when it started.

I consider myself a novice, so this was a huge deal for me.

Around 300M at the end of it. Prob take me another month to replicate that game.

#1745 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Finally made it to Cyborg Multiball. Hitting enough ramps is super tough for me. Huge huge adrenaline rush when it started.
I consider myself a novice, so this was a huge deal for me.
Around 300M at the end of it. Prob take me another month to replicate that game.

I don't know what that is or how you get there yet but i hope find out!

#1746 5 years ago

Was the ability to turn off switching songs between balls removed from the options? I have searched and cannot seem to find it. If it's still there, can someone point me to it?

#1747 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I already play with the lights off and the BG turned down - is probably around 10% but will have to check.
What's the "bent plastic thingee" you're referring to? Most of the glare is from the LCD so sounds like it could help.

Pinball life sells them. I put them in all my games and they do the job well.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3301

#1748 5 years ago

Thanks Mike. I always put them between the head and the body of the machine... not where the glass slides up. I'll have to try that to see if it works better for me.

#1749 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Thanks Mike. I always put them between the head and the body of the machine... not where the glass slides up. I'll have to try that to see if it works better for me.

I have them on all of my machines (where the glass slides up) and it makes a big difference.

#1750 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Was the ability to turn off switching songs between balls removed from the options? I have searched and cannot seem to find it. If it's still there, can someone point me to it?

Yeah, they removed it in 1.01 for some stupid reason... I hate not having the ability to lock it in like Metallica.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Trade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.