(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,815 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by nickrivers
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 317.
#1601 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Jeff-
1) you clearly have a faulty start button and/or wiring which is receiving pressed commands. Take a look and compare it to one of your other machines, see if it looks physically stuck. Check the wiring, call Stern and have them walk you thru if needed.
2) the flippers are purposely weaker on this machine by default but are also adjustable. Set them to HARD in the adjustments for more power. And HARD still isn’t quite as strong as other new releases in my experience. Note that every time you update code the flippers will revert back to default.

In the new code the lower flippers default to hard I noticed

#1602 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Note that every time you update code the flippers will revert back to default.

Per the README in 1.02, flippers now default to HARD.

#1603 5 years ago

I'm in!! Thanks to Peter at the Sunshine Laundromat for selling me his pro. Fear not patrons he has a premium ready to take its place. This beauty is as close to NIB as I have come so far.20180706_164406 (resized).jpg20180706_164406 (resized).jpg20180706_164739 (resized).jpg20180706_164739 (resized).jpg20180706_233212 (resized).jpg20180706_233212 (resized).jpg

#1604 5 years ago

About to order a IMDN pin but im on the fence between a Pro or a Premium. Seems like ive read about the Premium/LE models having quite a few problems. Is the Premium/LE a mechanical nightmare or is it being blown out of proportion a little? Any input would be greatly appreciated as i am really close to pulling the trigger on this game.

#1605 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Per the README in 1.02, flippers now default to HARD.

Ah, cool. They listen. I wish there was a super hard haha.

#1606 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

s the Premium/LE a mechanical nightmare or is it being blown out of proportion a little?

Allow me to introduce you to pinside...

It’s not a nightmare, it’s a pinball machine!

#1607 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

About to order a IMDN pin but im on the fence between a Pro or a Premium. Seems like ive read about the Premium/LE models having quite a few problems. Is the Premium/LE a mechanical nightmare or is it being blown out of proportion a little? Any input would be greatly appreciated as i am really close to pulling the trigger on this game.

If you like the art on the Premium and don't mind paying too much money to upgrade to the the newton balls, sarcophagus mech, raising ramp and hidden tomb entrance (all of which add a lot to the game play), don't hesitate. You will most likely have to make a few easy adjustments, but nothing major. If the Premium art isn't calling you or you are on a budget, save some bucks and go Pro.

#1608 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Got a new premium last week and no issues.

Autplunge misses the loop. But it’s the same on pros.

#1609 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

In my opinion it's being blown out of proportion. I love the extras on the premium.

#1610 5 years ago

Finally arrived today,LE #029

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#1611 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Jeff-
1) you clearly have a faulty start button and/or wiring which is receiving pressed commands. Take a look and compare it to one of your other machines, see if it looks physically stuck. Check the wiring, call Stern and have them walk you thru if needed.
2) the flippers are purposely weaker on this machine by default but are also adjustable. Set them to HARD in the adjustments for more power. And HARD still isn’t quite as strong as other new releases in my experience. Note that every time you update code the flippers will revert back to default.

Thanks for the info!

I tightened up the wiring for the start button and that seems to have fixed that issue.

Also, in my settings after upgrading to 1.02 code, the flippers were still normal. I changed them to high. Still seems a little weak for the left flipper.

Is this game at a different slope than others? Fpr me to get the bubble just touching the top line, I have to have this thing have almost no slope.

#1612 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Also, in my settings after upgrading to 1.02 code, the flippers were still normal. I changed them to high. Still seems a little weak for the left flipper.

Check the coil sleve. As I remember someone had one missing in there game. Maby make sure it’s not binding.

Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Is this game at a different slope than others? Fpr me to get the bubble just touching the top line, I have to have this thing have almost no slope.

Like all the leg levelers are all even? I think thay redesigned the cabinet for it to be like that.

#1613 5 years ago

What happened to the coin door ball save adjustment? I can’t find it in the settings. Is it no longer a feature for spike games?

#1614 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What happened to the coin door ball save adjustment? I can’t find it in the settings. Is it no longer a feature for spike games?

What's the coin door ball save?

#1615 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

No interlock switch on Spike games. Flipper power remains on when you open the coin door.

#1616 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Got a new premium last week and no issues.
Autplunge misses the loop. But it’s the same on pros.

Autoplunge should NOT miss the loop. I'd adjust it so it hits it consistently.

#1617 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

And therein lies the problem--trying to achieve this...

#1618 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

No interlock switch on Spike games. Flipper power remains on when you open the coin door.

Not liking that.

Quoted from Fezmid:

What's the coin door ball save?

Coin door ball save allows you to open the coin door, remove the glass, free a stuck ball, allow it to drain, close the coin door and it gives you back the ball. It’s a great feature, or at least it was.

#1619 5 years ago

What's wrong with this?

open the coin door, remove the glass, free a stuck ball, put it on a flipper being held up (or in the shooter lane), replace glass, close the coin door

#1620 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

What's wrong with this?
open the coin door, remove the glass, free a stuck ball, put it on a flipper being held up (or in the shooter lane), replace glass, close the coin door

If you put it in the shooter lane, it will fire it since there is no interlock.

How can you put the glass on and hold a flipper button at the same time.

#1621 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Yes, they are... But, try to spend a few games just aiming for them. you'll get much better at hitting them. With that being said, there are times I cannot hit the ramp to save my life.
And I decided to make a few tweaks to the game. First I have an extra ball available at 108 million. I've always had that set. It was at 150 when I first started playing, but it was at a setting to where it lowered cos I sucked so bad. So I feel 108 million is a good number for the first extra ball. And I have it set to static, so it always stays even after I hit it.
Then I decided to add a second extra ball at 250 million. I don't get to that number very often and I think it is worth granting as a bonus to a good game.
I raise the starting revive letters.
I am upset that you can't start with revive lit. I think that is kind of bullcrap. Be nice to have that option. And really I think that it's stupid that revive isn't lit to start the game in default.
There are so many games where I don't even light it ever.

You could put it on five-ball, raise the front end to leave you with 3 degrees and put a sock in the center drain. Slightly off arcade settings, but, hey, it's your game.

#1622 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

What's wrong with this?

Lets think about this before we text. Lets see video or it can't be done.

#1623 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well after a long night of watching IMDN pinball videos I've made my decision. I am going to go with the Pro model. If i wasnt interested in the Munsters so much i would get the Premium but in my opinion the pro is very close to being as good as the Premium model and by going with the Pro that leaves me money left over toward The Munsters so its a win win for me.....and Stern both since i will be buying 2 games instead of just one.

Anyway IMDN is one of the most awesome games that Srern has ever made, if not THE most awesome game that they have ever made. Ive got TWD and MET, two BIG hitters there and I've got a feeling that IMDN is going to become my favorite game. IMDN is so good that i don't know how any other games coming up could possibly compare to it.....but i hope they do of course. I cannot wait to get this bad boy in my house and start playing it.

Did they take the Fear of the Dark animations away that shows Keith running from eddie or the monster, whatever it is? He said it was going to be pulled but i think that is funny as shit and id like to see it left in there. If he doesn't want it to be him, they should put Gary in his place.

#1624 5 years ago

You'll enjoy Iron Maiden Pro. Excellent game in any configuration I'm sure. I enjoy my Pro a lot.

I am with you - I will want the Munsters when it's released ! ...... and Elvira also.

#1625 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

You'll enjoy Iron Maiden Pro. Excellent game in any configuration I'm sure. I enjoy my Pro a lot.
I am with you - I will want the Munsters when it's released ! ...... and Elvira also.

Yup im on the Elvira train also. My last two games to complete my gameroom was going to be Munsters and Elvira providing they are good, and then this IMDN thing happened.

#1626 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yup im on the Elvira train also. My last two games to complete my gameroom was going to be Munsters and Elvira providing they are good, and then this IMDN thing happened.

Pretty much a Ditto !

I have one spot open and trying to hold out for Munsters. Highly probable I'll be in on Elvira also - that will necessitate selling a game or figuring out what to do with with one. Maybe send one to my son's house. Elvira is a ways off though. Got to wait on Deadpool to get released so we get closer to Munsters.

Enjoying Iron Maiden in the meantime !

#1627 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Did they take the Fear of the Dark animations away that shows Keith running from eddie or the monster, whatever it is? He said it was going to be pulled but i think that is funny as shit and id like to see it left in there. If he doesn't want it to be him, they should put Gary in his place.

They mostly did... But I did see it pop up once (I saw another Pinsider post that he saw it as well), so it must still be there and can come up at random I guess. (not sure about with the latest 1.02 code -- I saw it with either 1.0 or 1.01, I can't remember which).

#1628 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well after a long night of watching IMDN pinball videos I've made my decision. I am going to go with the Pro model. If i wasnt interested in the Munsters so much i would get the Premium but in my opinion the pro is very close to being as good as the Premium model and by going with the Pro that leaves me money left over toward The Munsters so its a win win for me.....and Stern both since i will be buying 2 games instead of just one.
Anyway IMDN is one of the most awesome games that Srern has ever made, if not THE most awesome game that they have ever made. Ive got TWD and MET, two BIG hitters there and I've got a feeling that IMDN is going to become my favorite game. IMDN is so good that i don't know how any other games coming up could possibly compare to it.....but i hope they do of course. I cannot wait to get this bad boy in my house and start playing it.

I’d play both more. After owning an le and playing a pro, the pro is lacking quite a bit. The premium is, by far, the better choice in my opinion. Watching the gameplay won’t show it much though.

#1629 5 years ago

I`m looking for the somewhere in time Eddie - not the 18" one - for my pro machine

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Up The Irons!!

#1630 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I’d play both more. After owning an le and playing a pro, the pro is lacking quite a bit. The premium is, by far, the better choice in my opinion. Watching the gameplay won’t show it much though.

This is blown out of proportion for Iron Maiden. Most games are clearly an improvement when going to premium, but this isn't one of them.

#1631 5 years ago

Technically IN the club..premium ordered and the wait begins

#1632 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

This is blown out of proportion for Iron Maiden. Most games are clearly an improvement when going to premium, but this isn't one of them.

I disagree. The locks, mummy,orb and ramp change the game quite a bit for the better.

#1633 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Two of my balls miss. The rest make it. Seriously it’s like a bowling alley with changing conditions.

#1634 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Two of my balls miss. The rest make it. Seriously it’s like a bowling alley with changing conditions.

IMDN is a pretty “organic” pinball machine, and feels kind of classic/old school that way. It’s never going to work 100% all the time, that’s the randomness of mechanical pinball.

My autoplunger works about 70% of the time. I’m not going to try adjusting it, it works perfectly and then it doesn’t, and then it does a bunch, and then it doesn’t...

The auto-plunger itself has a lot of variabilty left to right in its design, I don’t think you can make it perfect without a plunger with tighter tolerances in the mechanicals.

I find my manual plunger will not work if I don’t release it cleanly/fully. As intended.

The looping shots and even the lower left spinner shot feel great and “get in your head”. I think I might have dreamt about them last night...

#1635 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I dont have access to a Premium right now unfortunately but i really dont feel like its lacking much at all and its just a great game. I can also always upgrade down the road if i want to. I got three years at least to do that so im going with the pro for now and i am sure that i will love it. There are also some really sweet mods out for IMDN and i will have this game looking great in no time and it’ll be fun modding it.

#1636 5 years ago

I swapped my Iron Maiden Premium into my kicka$$ location, My Parents Basement, in place of my Pro. The people should enjoy the Sarcophagus Lock in all its glory, esp with a shaker motor!
¡Viva la Maiden!

E536EC94-91AE-406D-B48A-9E1A208E7AD5.jpegE536EC94-91AE-406D-B48A-9E1A208E7AD5.jpeg
#1637 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont have access to a Premium right now unfortunately but i really dont feel like its lacking much at all and its just a great game. I can also always upgrade down the road if i want to. I got three years at least to do that so im going with the pro for now and i am sure that i will love it. There are also some really sweet mods out for IMDN and i will have this game looking great in no time and it’ll be fun modding it.

You really can't go wrong. You'll get used to the pro and love it. The only issue that I have with the pro is the constant flow in such an intense game. The short breaks and importance of the left ramp make it significantly different to me, almost a different game. With the premium, you get to enjoy animations and plan a little more. I find that I get to enjoy the sound a little more as well. Dollar-wise, there isn't much difference, but play-wise, it is night and day. Hard to explain as it's mostly emotional. Avoid the premium and you'll never know the difference.

#1638 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Most games are clearly an improvement when going to premium, but this isn't one of them.

Owning both- I disagree with this. Both pieces of your sentence. Rather, most are not, but this one I feel strongly, is significantly different and improved.

#1639 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

For sure Maiden is the best Pro in years. The step up to a Premium may not be a staggering improvement, but it does make Maiden more fun to play. Whether it is worth the extra money over the Pro is debatable. Since this is the best new pin Stern has built in quite awhile, maybe you just hand them the extra dough to get all the "kinetic satisfaction" Elwin dialed into it...

#1640 5 years ago

I agree with the last 3 posts, premium is more fun to play hands down.

#1641 5 years ago

Seems that the only ones saying a pro is more fun to play are the ones that already own a pro justifying the purchase.

#1642 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Seems that the only ones saying a pro is more fun to play are the ones that already own a pro justifying the purchase.

I played a Pro and an LE on location. I ended up with a Pro, partly because I got a great deal, but also because while the extra features seemed kinda cool, they kept breaking down on location and I didn't think they added enough compared to the potential hassle. They were nice -- but not 50% more cost nice, IMHO.

#1643 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Couldn't the same thing be said and apply even more to the premium and LE owners? I could buy a premium if i wanted to but im sorry, im just not seeing a huge difference between the pro and the premium. Both models are great and everybody is happy with their purchases so thats a great thing imo. I also actually had two LE owners email me and tell me to get the pro because there wasnt much of a difference between the two games.

They told me what i already knew but i commend them for their honesty. I dont think the pro is any better than the premium but there is nothing on the premium that i cant live without i can tell you that much.

#1644 5 years ago

Prem/Le on Maiden is the only way to go...c'ant cheap out on this Crazy insanely fun game

Both are great game and great rules but i love the extra's,makes it even more awesome !

#1645 5 years ago

I know I'm late to the party on this, but I just realized a light press of the flipper button only flips the bottom flipper and a full press flips both.

Since I it set the lower flipper button power to "hard," a light left flipper button press sends the ball around the the right ramp or orbit perfectly.

Now that I think I have all my issues sorted out, this game is amazing!

#1646 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I could have bought the premium and decided not to. There isn't 1800 dollars more of things going on.

#1647 5 years ago

not an owner, but have a tech/maintenance question. The IMDN at my local barcade has the bottom Drop Target (next to bonus x insert) stuck in the up position. Hoping an owner or someone else can suggest why it might be stuck up. I'd like to offer to help the manager there, but want to be able to focus my effort. I have some tech experience but not extensive

#1648 5 years ago

My Premium is now my all time favorite Stern. Game is phenomenal and not the pro isn't great too, but Premium is better if you can justify the money.

#1649 5 years ago

The pro is a bit faster, more brutal and tougher to play. Depends what gets your juices flowing...for me that's the pro. Play both and decide.

Real playas, play pro's (TM)

#1650 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

The pro is a bit faster, more brutal and tougher to play. Depends what gets your juices flowing...for me that's the pro. Play both and decide.
Real playas, play pro's (TM)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.50
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/33?hl=misterschu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.