(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,182 posts
  • 1,062 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Harvester
  • Topic is favorited by 511 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240703_150858 (resized).jpg
egyptian-panel (resized).jpg
20240630_181038 (resized).jpg
20240630_181537 (resized).jpg
20240630_181838 (resized).jpg
IMG_5439 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5438 (resized).jpeg
20240630_112837 (resized).jpg
20240629_173802 (resized).jpg
20240629_173808 (resized).jpg
IMG_6784 (resized).jpeg
81Ge5Uj6hmL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
IMG_6405 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6406 (resized).jpeg
74106764900__C5DDAC7E-8F9D-49F2-81C4-9A2B89F0261B (resized).jpeg
20240626_125344 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,182 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 324.
#16101 31 days ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

Finished my holy grail
Completed speaker panel, side rails, hinges and powder coating. Added my self developed Speakerlights and added some „fire“ above the screen.
Now…what to do next [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great but I'd be changing out the yellow T-Molding

#16102 31 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Looks great but I'd be changing out the yellow T-Molding

Absolutely…I’m just searching the right color. Black is ok, red can be too much. Any suggestions?

#16103 30 days ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

Looks nice
Do you have a source for the STL? I do have some 3D printers and can start with my own printed one too.

Sure do.
Not sure I can share a file on here?
pm me your email.

#16104 30 days ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

Looks nice
Do you have a source for the STL? I do have some 3D printers and can start with my own printed one too.

Here's one that is an actual Eddie and not just generic Egypt:

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/art/sculptures/eddie-sarcophagus-powerslave

I printed it, prints well. You really want to use a dlp printer though. Fdm not worth the effort.

A Gus came for sale before I could get around to painting this though

#16105 30 days ago

Just a reminder about a FREE, very cool mod which adds custom video animations that replace stock animations. A must for an Iron Maiden fan! Also adds great attract mode videos playing awesome Maiden content.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-amp-the-monsters-of-rock-modded-code

#16106 30 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just a reminder about a FREE, very cool mod which adds custom video animations that replace stock animations. A must for an Iron Maiden fan! Also adds great attract mode videos playing awesome Maiden content.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-amp-the-monsters-of-rock-modded-code

Yes…this is definitely a must. It is an amazing add on and makes a perfect pin a bit more perfect. Great job by PoMC!

#16107 29 days ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

Absolutely…I’m just searching the right color. Black is ok, red can be too much. Any suggestions?

If you could find a blood red where you are I'd be tempted to go with that

#16108 29 days ago

Have the Pinball Life - LE speaker mod on my pro and I originally chose orange speaker rings.

The "light gold" speaker rings from No Gouge Pinball seem like a better fit.

IMG_4485 (resized).jpgIMG_4485 (resized).jpg
IMG_4487 (resized).jpgIMG_4487 (resized).jpg

#16109 28 days ago

Is it possible to turn off the blood on this game - like the Extra Ball animation? Wife is not overly thrilled with that and we are considering this game (my son and I really enjoy it)

#16110 28 days ago

Is it possible to turn off the blood on this game - like the Extra Ball animation? Wife is not overly thrilled with that and we are considering this game (my son and I really enjoy it)
</blockquote

Not sure if POMC alternate video would take care of this.

#16111 28 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I don't think there's a way to remove that animation without using some kind of alternative code.

#16112 28 days ago
Quoted from 11strings:

I don't think there's a way to remove that animation without using some kind of alternative code.

There is a setting that will not show the bloody extra ball animation.

If you use my code, I've added one animation with classic Hatchet Eddie that would probably not be wife friendly.

#16113 28 days ago

Oh really? Well, there you are.

#16114 28 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

There is a setting that will not show the bloody extra ball animation.
If you use my code, I've added one animation with classic Hatchet Eddie that would probably not be wife friendly.

LOL that's a shame. Might have to commission you to do a special code for the game then - call it the wife edition

Are there any other "bloody/gory" animations in the game? I haven’t seen the screen enough when I play to know tbh.

#16115 28 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

LOL that's a shame. Might have to commission you to do a special code for the game then - call it the wife edition
Are there any other "bloody/gory" animations in the game? I have seen the screen enough when I play to know tbh.

Take a look and see what you think. Ignore the music changes in this video.

At 11:39 it shows the new Death Blow animation. That's probably the only "bloody" Eddie animation I added. I didn't change the Extra Ball animation, so that can still be changed to a non-bloody version in the settings.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Gzu97S7cQmtPAiZ29

#16116 28 days ago

In the original code - there's a hangman's noose, plane getting shot down, Eddie flying with a flamethrower, ghosts chasing Keith Elwin, a talking devil, and Eddie merged with a tree - but nothing overtly graphic.

#16117 28 days ago
Quoted from 11strings:

In the original code - there's a hangman's noose, plane getting shot down, Eddie flying with a flamethrower, ghosts chasing Keith Elwin, a talking devil, and Eddie merged with a tree - but nothing overtly graphic.

Great list of reasons the game is awesome

#16118 28 days ago

I replaced the stock animations with Eddie variants. So damn awesome!

New scenes & animation for the following:
Ball save (Eddie rising from grave)
Deathblow (Killer Eddie)
Aces High mode Intro & Outro (Bomber Pilot Eddie)
New Mystery/Orb scene (replaces the Clairvoyant woman) with Killer Eddie
Trooper Multiball Total screen (Trooper Eddie)
Fear of the Dark mode intro & outro (Werewolf Eddie)
End of Ball Bonus screen - (Necromancer Eddie)
Power Jackpot scene (Pharaoh Eddie)
Skillshot and Super Skillshot scenes (huge Eddie)

#16119 28 days ago

Thanks for the replies everyone. The wife still isn’t happy but it looks like we are going to try and find a Premium.

It will be Looney Tunes leaving and Maiden coming in what a dramatic change that is lol.

Now to find someone who wants to make that trade lol. Probably have to just sell it.

BTW have I been reading right that there is more than one topper for this game? My search only yields the plane topper and the mummy looking one from Tilt Toppers. Is there another one?

#16120 28 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I been reading right that there is more than one topper for this game? My search only yields the plane topper and the mummy looking one from Tilt Toppers. Is there another one?

They recently remade the aces high one, but did not rerun this mummy one:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/151721

#16121 27 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

It be Looney Tunes leaving and Maiden coming in

Oh no...you don't like the Looney Tunes? I had been following the thread because I have one on order. I love Maiden and Foo/Rush are a close second. What don't you like about LT? This forum probably isn't the place for the answer so message me if you get a chance

#16122 27 days ago
Quoted from Morehops4:

Oh no...you don't like the Looney Tunes? I had been following the thread because I have one on order. I love Maiden and Foo/Rush are a close second. What don't you like about LT? This forum probably isn't the place for the answer so message me if you get a chance

I'd be interested in your thoughts too. IMDN/FF/RUSH lover also.

#16123 27 days ago

LT is a good game we just didn't connect with it. i cannot tell you why. We have been beating ourselves up about it and for the life of me cannot say it is X or it Y.

The game is beautiful, plays great, we love the theme and so on but when we play we don't have that I gotta play it again and again rush. We have that with every other game we own and many we play on location.

Trust me when I say we are incredibly sad about this but I am not going to knock the game in any way - it is us not the game.

#16124 27 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

LT is a good game we just didn't connect with it. i cannot tell you why. We have been beating ourselves up about it and for the life of me cannot say it is X or it Y.
The game is beautiful, plays great, we love the theme and so on but when we play we don't have that I gotta play it again and again rush. We have that with every other game we own and many we play on location.
Trust me when I say we are incredibly sad about this but I am not going to knock the game in any way - it is us not the game.

That kind of feeling usually comes from the details of the rule set, mushy player feedback and so on. In other words the nitty gritty details of the code that all add up to engage the player. Disclaimer. I never played LT

#16125 27 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Are there any other "bloody/gory" animations in the game? I haven’t seen the screen enough when I play to know tbh.

What wife wants, she gets! No more Eddie......

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16126 27 days ago

Yo! long time since an update. Heres one....ish. Stressful few months with several room's worth of termite damage repair, but nearing that important goal of finally having a room ready for the toddler (love the kid but cant have him sleep in our room anymore).

And the bigger note, got some fire lit under my a** to finish some projects to help my parents through some med emergency stuff they went through last month, so I'll have that next visual prototype of the topper wrapped up in the following week. Been traveling a lot to see them (5hr drives), so my weekends have been swamped along with the other stuff. So....cross fingers for next week goal.

Lastly, to fill some time and get some work done to help them out, I'll be doing a batch of 12 clairvoyants total with turnaround time roughly 4-8 weeks as I slowly start building a normal pace again at home. So only order if you're cool with that wait. I'm usually bad anyway on getting things out on time, but I try to not leave anything/anyone behind. Heres the link to the Clairvoyant for those interested:

https://chekosmods.com/product/clairvoyant/

#16127 27 days ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Lastly, to fill some time and get some work done to help them out, I'll be doing a batch of 12 clairvoyants total with turnaround time roughly 4-8 weeks as I slowly start building a normal pace again at home. So only order if you're cool with that wait. I'm usually bad anyway on getting things out on time, but I try to not leave anything/anyone behind. Heres the link to the Clairvoyant for those interested:
https://chekosmods.com/product/clairvoyant/

yay, been waiting for this. I have put my order in. Thanks alot.

#16128 26 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Appreciate the feedback...thanks!

#16129 26 days ago

Any Europeans out there should order these shooter lane protectors and list them in the marketplace for us Americans. Mezel Mods hasn't had them in stock forever and at this point I'd gladly drop double for one since Pinball Universe does not ship to the States. Pretty sure a good amount of people have posted their interest on this thread already.

https://pu-parts.com/iron-maiden-shooter-lane-protector

#16130 26 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I replaced the stock animations with Eddie variants. So damn awesome!
New scenes & animation for the following:
Ball save (Eddie rising from grave)
Deathblow (Killer Eddie)
Aces High mode Intro & Outro (Bomber Pilot Eddie)
New Mystery/Orb scene (replaces the Clairvoyant woman) with Killer Eddie
Trooper Multiball Total screen (Trooper Eddie)
Fear of the Dark mode intro & outro (Werewolf Eddie)
End of Ball Bonus screen - (Necromancer Eddie)
Power Jackpot scene (Pharaoh Eddie)
Skillshot and Super Skillshot scenes (huge Eddie)

Love the animations that you did, it would be nice to have a rotating clairvoyant scene for the ball save instead of eliminating her altogether, especially considering seal's awesome clairvoyant mod!

#16131 26 days ago

Well about to rejoin the club but this time with a premium, loaded with all the great mods. I always preferred the mummy art, just not crossed paths with one.

Still one of the best out there if you’re just looking for a straight forward fun game. Call outs are still some of the best as well.

#16132 26 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Any Europeans out there should order these shooter lane protectors and list them in the marketplace for us Americans. Mezel Mods hasn't had them in stock forever and at this point I'd gladly drop double for one since Pinball Universe does not ship to the States. Pretty sure a good amount of people have posted their interest on this thread already.
https://pu-parts.com/iron-maiden-shooter-lane-protector

I can do any color.

20240626_125344 (resized).jpg20240626_125344 (resized).jpg
#16133 26 days ago

#16134 26 days ago
Quoted from Gunner007:

I can do any color.[quoted image]

I have something similar on mine, but I prefer the look of a clear Mylar.

#16135 26 days ago

Just grabbed a prem im in also thinking of making a batch of 20 toppers soon

74106764900__C5DDAC7E-8F9D-49F2-81C4-9A2B89F0261B (resized).jpeg74106764900__C5DDAC7E-8F9D-49F2-81C4-9A2B89F0261B (resized).jpeg
#16136 26 days ago

Can someone explain the rules with the white arrows (to spell EDDIE) as you progress? I've noticed some arrows go away I complete modes, often to the point the most annoying ones and left. Sometime I can hit the same arrow multiple times, other times I can't. Is there a pattern here?

#16137 26 days ago
Quoted from Dandelock:

rules with the white arrows

It gets harder as you advance.

You are spotted two EDDIE letters toward your first mode. As you complete modes, subsequent modes become harder to qualify by reducing the number of white arrows available to spell EDDIE and not spotting any free letters. It will eventually cap out at 2 random lit shots that change when they’re hit.

http://tiltforums.com/t/iron-maiden-pinball-rulesheet/3787

#16138 25 days ago
Quoted from gatordad:

Love the animations that you did, it would be nice to have a rotating clairvoyant scene for the ball save instead of eliminating her altogether, especially considering seal's awesome clairvoyant mod!

The clairvoyant woman just seems so out of place. Eddie all day. Haha

#16139 25 days ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

It gets harder as you advance.
You are spotted two EDDIE letters toward your first mode. As you complete modes, subsequent modes become harder to qualify by reducing the number of white arrows available to spell EDDIE and not spotting any free letters. It will eventually cap out at 2 random lit shots that change when they’re hit.
http://tiltforums.com/t/iron-maiden-pinball-rulesheet/3787

I think Tiltforums is wrong - it's minimum 3 lit shots, not 2, but that's a minor detail.

It's possible for one light to not be visible - the right orbit can be lit for both tomb treasure (red) and lock (green), which will make it flash between those colors and skip white, even though it will award an Eddie letter.

#16140 25 days ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Just grabbed a prem im in also thinking of making a batch of 20 toppers soon
[quoted image]

I'm in for a topper again. Had one from your first batch years ago, and would love another. Thx,,,

#16141 25 days ago

I’m about to dive deeper into my plunge problems. Like most, my game is inconsistent on plunges, manual or auto. I know my guide rail angle is good, and I’m going to check some of the other key posts, but then I noticed my flipper angle. I know most flippers are supposed to line up center with the hole? Is that the case on this game? If so mine seems to be a few degrees off center. Thanks all!

IMG_6405 (resized).jpegIMG_6405 (resized).jpegIMG_6406 (resized).jpegIMG_6406 (resized).jpeg
#16142 24 days ago

If I still had Maiden, I'd make a custom code using all 8-Bit versions of their songs.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbDg24e0dbOAwQde08WhSKOvtThuUdGlv&si=cyuNmtALc_65A5GU

#16143 24 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

I’m about to dive deeper into my plunge problems. Like most, my game is inconsistent on plunges, manual or auto. I know my guide rail angle is good, and I’m going to check some of the other key posts, but then I noticed my flipper angle. I know most flippers are supposed to line up center with the hole? Is that the case on this game? If so mine seems to be a few degrees off center. Thanks all!
[quoted image][quoted image]

What issue are you having with the plunge?

#16144 24 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What issue are you having with the plunge?

Just the standard inconsistences of the ball not looping around. It hits the flipper most times, other times it loops fine. Started happening around 500 plays. Really takes away from something like Trooper multiball where one ball locks and the other two get shot out and fall down the playfield.

#16145 24 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

If I still had Maiden, I'd make a custom code using all 8-Bit versions of their songs.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbDg24e0dbOAwQde08WhSKOvtThuUdGlv&si=cyuNmtALc_65A5GU

I always wanted all music pins to also have an instrumental version of the songs, would be a nice touch and help mix up the game on music pin. Which is why my next game I want to be made is Castlevania. But maybe 16-bit or more bit. Been saying a Castlevania pin needs to be made for many years just like I did when started the make a Maiden pin.

#16146 24 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Just the standard inconsistences of the ball not looping around. It hits the flipper most times, other times it loops fine. Started happening around 500 plays. Really takes away from something like Trooper multiball where one ball locks and the other two get shot out and fall down the playfield.

I pulled the glass and really watched closely where the issue was, mine was an occasional low hit on the loop. I bent the top of the guide back with a dowel and hammer, tiny bit at a time, until it's nearly perfect now. I'd say 95% +.

#16147 24 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I pulled the glass and really watched closely where the issue was, mine was an occasional low hit on the loop. I bent the top of the guide back with a dowel and hammer, tiny bit at a time, until it's nearly perfect now. I'd say 95% +.

So I did the same thing with mine seemed to work, problem is the screw holding it down is a damn wood screw. A little bit of the clear cracked off, and now there's next to nothing left for it to torque down on. I'm sure it stays put, but who knows how much play it has

I had asked a while back if anyone uses furniture screws for this issue. Something like this photo. At least that would ensure that my guide is not moving and I can assess the other factors.

81Ge5Uj6hmL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg81Ge5Uj6hmL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#16148 24 days ago

I guess I can just use a bigger screw but that's only gonna work till next time it needs adjustment.

#16149 24 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

I guess I can just use a bigger screw but that's only gonna work till next time it needs adjustment.

Can you put a toothpick with a little white glue on it into the enlarged hole,and then put the original screw back?

#16150 24 days ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Can you put a toothpick with a little white glue on it into the enlarged hole,and then put the original screw back?

I can, as a woodworker I thought of the usual methods, just wanted to see if there was a more practical fix that will hold up better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 90.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
1031 Studios

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,182 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 324.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.