(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,181 posts
  • 1,061 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 511 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240703_150858 (resized).jpg
egyptian-panel (resized).jpg
20240630_181038 (resized).jpg
20240630_181537 (resized).jpg
20240630_181838 (resized).jpg
IMG_5439 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5438 (resized).jpeg
20240630_112837 (resized).jpg
20240629_173802 (resized).jpg
20240629_173808 (resized).jpg
IMG_6784 (resized).jpeg
81Ge5Uj6hmL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
IMG_6405 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6406 (resized).jpeg
74106764900__C5DDAC7E-8F9D-49F2-81C4-9A2B89F0261B (resized).jpeg
20240626_125344 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,181 posts in this topic. You are on page 322 of 324.
#16051 42 days ago

Good call. When it arrives I'll remove and replace the mylar. Then I'll see what I can find to place on the underside of the ramp so the edge doesn't dig into the mylar.

I'll check the ramp and see if the end of the metal is square with a corner coming into contact with the playfield, or if it is machined to have a flat contact surface. If it's a corner I can probably file the bottom ramp edge so instead of it being a long edge contacting it's like 1-2mm of metal which should change the cutting edge into a flat "slap".

#16052 42 days ago

Great looking informative cards! Thanks System-J

IMG_7463 (resized).jpegIMG_7463 (resized).jpegIMG_7464 (resized).jpegIMG_7464 (resized).jpeg
#16053 41 days ago
Quoted from Dandelock:

Good call. When it arrives I'll remove and replace the mylar. Then I'll see what I can find to place on the underside of the ramp so the edge doesn't dig into the mylar.
I'll check the ramp and see if the end of the metal is square with a corner coming into contact with the playfield, or if it is machined to have a flat contact surface. If it's a corner I can probably file the bottom ramp edge so instead of it being a long edge contacting it's like 1-2mm of metal which should change the cutting edge into a flat "slap".

I did exactly this early on. Take off that ramp and file the edge down so it's landing a flatter surface on the mylar instead of a sharp edge.

#16054 38 days ago

Question for other premium owners:

My kick out from the underworld is pretty dicey at times. I pretty much have to have a perfect drop catch to get it under control. A full cradle or dead bounce is very dangerous.

For some I’ve played on location they were very easy to just catch with the flipper up. I was wondering on stock settings what is most common for others. I haven’t tweaked it at all because it’s good practice for perfecting the drop catch but it does up the difficulty level of the game for my copy.

#16055 38 days ago

Hello:

I bought an IMDN Mylar Ramp protector from PBL. Does anyone know where it goes? It is trapezoidal shaped. But at it's widest, it is too wide for the ramp itself. Does it go in front? It was only 95 cents, so thought it may be worth a try.

https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-center-ramp-mylar.html

Thanks

#16056 38 days ago
Quoted from Homebru:

Hello:
I bought an IMDN Mylar Ramp protector from PBL. Does anyone know where it goes? It is trapezoidal shaped. But at it's widest, it is too wide for the ramp itself. Does it go in front? It was only 95 cents, so thought it may be worth a try.
https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-center-ramp-mylar.html
Thanks

If it's the one I'm thinking of it goes on the playfield just in front of the scoop. Kind of in the underworld "cave" under the ramp. The ramp (which actuates) should slap down on top of the mylar. There is likely already a piece there on your machine.

#16057 37 days ago

Ok. Thanks. Not needed for my Pro. I'll chop it up for something else. Appreciate the confirmation.

#16058 37 days ago

I just replaced my mylar. I removed the ramp screws, then removed it using the canned air trick, some GooGone to remove the residue, cleaned the marks on the playfield with Novus 2, cleaned thoroughly and then applied the mylar (my first time). I also used a whetstone (for knives) to file down the bottom side of the front edge of the ramp. Took a long time actually and I didn't take too much off but it shouldn't be an edge anymore. Would recommend doing what I did if you have the ramp biting through the mylar. Waxed and we're back up and playing great.

#16059 35 days ago
Quoted from Homebru:

Ok. Thanks. Not needed for my Pro. I'll chop it up for something else. Appreciate the confirmation.

The pro has the motorized ramp that opens to shoot the ball in the Demogorgons mouth. The mylar goes where the ramp comes down and touches the playfield when open.

You replace the old strip of maylar that is there once it gets worn.

#16060 35 days ago

I think maybe you mean Stranger Things? My IMDN ramp is fixed.

#16061 35 days ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

The pro has the motorized ramp that opens to shoot the ball in the Demogorgons mouth.

You installed a demogorgon into your Maiden? Interesting. But for me personally, I am not a fan of modding out a game with a totally different game's equipment.

#16062 35 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

You installed a demogorgon into your Maiden?

hehe, I'm traveling.. it was very late.

#16063 32 days ago

Beat the BEAST! Finally.

#16064 32 days ago

Small mod. I didn't like the giant IC sticker on the right side, so I bought a replacement set from PBL for like $7. Turns out you only need a small hole for the IC reader! Now I need to print some custom cards.

20240615_170134 (resized).jpg20240615_170134 (resized).jpg20240615_170820 (resized).jpg20240615_170820 (resized).jpg20240615_172246 (resized).jpg20240615_172246 (resized).jpg

#16065 31 days ago
Quoted from Homebru:

Turns out you only need a small hole for the IC reader!

Good to know!

#16066 31 days ago
Quoted from Homebru:

Small mod. I didn't like the giant IC sticker on the right side, so I bought a replacement set from PBL for like $7. Turns out you only need a small hole for the IC reader! Now I need to print some custom cards.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How did you get your apron cards to sit so flat on the plastic apron?

#16067 31 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How did you get your apron cards to sit so flat on the plastic apron?

Some of that thin double sided tape works fine for that

#16068 31 days ago

So is this game normally very air ball friendly cause man I've been getting ton lately. Balls just flying over the flippers into the outlanes, or bounding over the field into the outlanes sometimes. It seems very chaotic especially during multiballs

Noticed lot of air balls also in the upper central ramp area or flying off the mini flipper where hard shots can sometimes have balls flying out of control. Not sure how

#16069 31 days ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So is this game normally very air ball friendly cause man I've been getting ton lately. Balls just flying over the flippers into the outlanes, or bounding over the field into the outlanes sometimes. It seems very chaotic especially during multiballs
Noticed lot of air balls also in the upper central ramp area or flying off the mini flipper where hard shots can sometimes have balls flying out of control. Not sure how

I've been slowly dialing my flipper strength down since I picked up last week (3d maiden ) . I've also found I don't like superbands on this game, got a few over flipper bounce with them. Titans feel better to me so far.

#16070 31 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've been slowly dialing my flipper strength down since I picked up last week (3d maiden ) . I've also found I don't like superbands on this game, got a few over flipper bounce with them. Titans feel better to me so far.

Wonder what rubbers are in this, this is an early production and I know they changed out all rubbers on it. I've turned down some of the flipper strength but might need a little more especially upper flipper seems way too strong

#16071 31 days ago

Anybody know where I can get the skill shot/plunger decal without buying an entire decal set? Will be installing new IC apron & was able order new apron decals (so I don't have to transfer the old ones), but this one isn't included...

Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 12.53.19?PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-06-16 at 12.53.19?PM (resized).png
#16072 31 days ago

Oh my god, it's a mirage
I'm tellin' y'all, it's sabotage...

Maiden / Beasties retheme is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-beastie-boys-alt-code-amp-retheme-legacy-of-the-beasties

IMG_1239 (resized).jpgIMG_1239 (resized).jpg
#16073 31 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Oh my god, it's a mirage
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-beastie-boys-alt-code-amp-retheme-legacy-of-the-beasties[quoted image]

Gross, glad you are having fun with it though

#16074 31 days ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Gross, glad you are having fun with it though

Thanks! It’s way better than getting rid of the machine. I love the table, but my patrons just don't seem to be Maiden fans, and out of 11 pins it always beats TMNT for the lowest plays every month. I was trying to sell it to move something else in that would please the crowd then I decided to retheme it instead, and now it's in my top 4 played every week(: It's also a plus that I'm a die hard Beasties boy. So I knew it might be unsettling for many Maiden fans, but thought I'd share it for anyone who might be in a similar boat that I was in.
Cheers

#16075 30 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Oh my god, it's a mirage
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-beastie-boys-alt-code-amp-retheme-legacy-of-the-beasties[quoted image]

Not gross at all! Fucking awesome! I did wish Don’t Play No Game That I Can’t Win made its way on, but it’s quite a genre change from the rest of their catalog so I understand. I watched your video and got the chills when Too Many Rappers played. That pin was bumpin!

Can’t believe there’s not more support for a Beastie pin. Let’s face it, they’re gonna be the first Hip Hop pin for sure.

#16076 30 days ago

I'm selling my Iron Maiden "Aces High" shooter rod. The rod is less than a year old and I'm selling it as I got a new one. the price is $60 which includes shipping. If interested, or have any questions, please email me. Thanks!

IMG_0073 (resized).JPGIMG_0073 (resized).JPGIMG_0074 (resized).JPGIMG_0074 (resized).JPGIMG_0075 (resized).JPGIMG_0075 (resized).JPG
#16077 29 days ago

I’m in!

IMG_8580 (resized).jpegIMG_8580 (resized).jpeg
#16078 29 days ago
Quoted from dudah:

I’m in!
[quoted image]

Congrats! I've owned mine for almost a year now and it's still my favorite!

#16079 28 days ago

After a couple of years, I honestly just noticed my rule card is in Espanol. Is that standard for NIB's sold in the USA?

IMG_2389 (resized).jpegIMG_2389 (resized).jpeg
#16080 28 days ago

Ok I guess English is on the otherside.

#16081 28 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Ok I guess English is on the otherside.

You already beat the game and didnt even have to read the rules.

#16082 28 days ago

Typically Stern rule cards aren't much help anyway so I can understand never noticing. IM has challenging rules that are fun and deep, as well as being fairly straight forward and the callouts/lights do a decent job of guiding you in the home environment with some trail and error. I REALLY wish I could say the same for some other titles.

"Shoot blah blah blah to power up the pyramid" doesn't say it all but I guess the idea is they want to let the player explore and spend some money.

#16083 27 days ago

Finished my holy grail
Completed speaker panel, side rails, hinges and powder coating. Added my self developed Speakerlights and added some „fire“ above the screen.
Now…what to do next

6F91E9DE-10F4-4A47-9AC5-2DA77FE2C4AA (resized).jpeg6F91E9DE-10F4-4A47-9AC5-2DA77FE2C4AA (resized).jpegEC6D65D6-3F11-4940-8627-ECB28A88FAC2 (resized).jpegEC6D65D6-3F11-4940-8627-ECB28A88FAC2 (resized).jpegIMG_0714 (resized).jpegIMG_0714 (resized).jpeg
#16084 27 days ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

Finished my holy grail
Completed speaker panel, side rails, hinges and powder coating. Added my self developed Speakerlights and added some „fire“ above the screen.
Now…what to do next [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Play it

#16085 27 days ago
Quoted from dudah:

I’m in!
[quoted image]

Congrats, and what is going on in this picture, is your game levitating?

#16086 27 days ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

Finished my holy grail
Now…what to do next

I like the Marshall amp next to the Maiden!

#16087 27 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Escalara is holding it up

#16088 27 days ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

Now…what to do next [quoted image][quoted image]

If it's truly you're grail then you must go on a quest for a Gus. Not cheap. May not be easy to find one for sale, but truly a must have for the ultimate experience.

#16089 27 days ago

Quoted from jackd104:

I thought he was a Magician showing off his new game.

#16090 27 days ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I thought he was a Magician showing off his new game.

I thought he was just really short

#16091 26 days ago

Hot damn, well this just happened

loop jackpots.jpgloop jackpots.jpg

Base value was 26 million and change, I shot something like 13 in a row to build the value and then a few more before it dropped back down. Then started 2x playfield. I'm not sure how many shots I made to collect, but it included the small loop at least twice (which resets the timer) and got back into the big loop each time. I saw 26 million x 10 on the display for the last two shots (the multiplier increases by either shooting the small loop, or by shooting the big loop without holding the upper left flipper; and this includes the 2x playfield so it got to 5x from the increases.)

#16092 26 days ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Hot damn, well this just happened

That is insane. I can get a few going in a row on the big loop, but the little loop, my max is around three loops, lol. Not neary as friendly as the Godzilla loop.

#16093 26 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

That is insane. I can get a few going in a row on the big loop, but the little loop, my max is around three loops, lol. Not neary as friendly as the Godzilla loop.

Well, same here, all that building and most of the collects happened from the big loop, just had a few scattered small loop shots.

The trick for both the big loop and Godzilla's is to shoot as early as possible the instant the ball reaches the flipper, if it's approaching with decent speed. And really the secret to why those are so loopable (compared to like Bond or Jurassic) is that the entrance is really wide, almost three ball-widths (if you hold the upper-left flipper on Maiden.)

#16094 26 days ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

Finished my holy grail
Now…what to do next [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pinwoofer next for sure. I like the fire you added, where can I find that?

#16095 26 days ago

#16096 26 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Pinwoofer next for sure. I like the fire you added, where can I find that?

Pinwoofer and external sub is already there
The fire is my own product. I do some mods for the German pinheads.

The sarcophagus from Gus is really amazing. I will keep an eye on it

Next will be the development of some interactive stuff like I did for my BOND, Jaws and KISS Topper.

#16097 26 days ago

3d printed and painted my own sarcophagus. maybe not comercial quality but looks ok installed.

448203384_2604994979708919_2252715269174275535_n (resized).jpg448203384_2604994979708919_2252715269174275535_n (resized).jpg
#16098 26 days ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

I do some mods for the German pinheads.

Do many of the bars/taverns/pubs/kneipen in Germany have pinball machines? Or are most kept in private home collections?

#16099 25 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Do many of the bars/taverns/pubs/kneipen in Germany have pinball machines?

You can set the Pinside map to filter location only and zoom on any country to get an approximate number.. there are roughly 179 locations with 1186 pins. Sparse compared to France, but not too bad.

#16100 25 days ago
Quoted from Gunner007:

3d printed and painted my own sarcophagus. maybe not comercial quality but looks ok installed.[quoted image]

Looks nice
Do you have a source for the STL? I do have some 3D printers and can start with my own printed one too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Ebensburg, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Los Angeles, CA
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 90.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
1031 Studios

$ 16.00
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

There are 16,181 posts in this topic. You are on page 322 of 324.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.