(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,108 posts
  • 1,060 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Neal_W
  • Topic is favorited by 507 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4487 (resized).jpg
IMG_4485 (resized).jpg
448203384_2604994979708919_2252715269174275535_n (resized).jpg
loop jackpots.jpg
6F91E9DE-10F4-4A47-9AC5-2DA77FE2C4AA (resized).jpeg
EC6D65D6-3F11-4940-8627-ECB28A88FAC2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2389 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8580 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0073 (resized).JPG
IMG_0074 (resized).JPG
IMG_0075 (resized).JPG
IMG_1239 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 12.53.19?PM (resized).png
20240615_170820 (resized).jpg
20240615_172246 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,108 posts in this topic. You are on page 321 of 323.
#16001 36 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Yeah but I had everything on the playfield powdered. Even the plates under the in/outlanes. That’s why it looks so different.

yeah for sure. Your game is badass. Just wondering if you felt a difference in the rubber. I asked recently but no one responded. After I changed mine to titans it’s a different game. I can’t decide for better or worse.

#16002 35 days ago

I have got my Iron Maiden last friday and my weekend has been about finetuning and putting in and taking out mods. First thing i tackled was installing the Insider connected kit. No ugly red triangles in my game. I made a nice vinyl decals from the artwork of the LE on my scanner. I got ride of the orange convolux as it totally destroyed all the color of the plastics, the only one remaining is the clairvoyant since it is gonna be replaced with Cheko's Clairvoyant statue when he makes his next run. After that i installed the color gel lenses for the modes and cards. Those are easy to make and install. I might tweak the colorring in a later time. Art of Pinball's backboard has been taunting me on my table for over a month and is finally installed today. However i noticed on pictures and video's online that the white backboard kept shining through at the tomb entrance and around the backboard mod. I can understand Sterns decision for the white background to reflect the led lamps behind the plastics but those are no longer installed with this mod and i made some vinyl stickers with some hyroglyphic marking to give it more a tomb entrance vibe. Also put those decals on the edges of the white backboard. Also i noticed the Pharao's eyes really do light up that well in the mode on video's. I fixed that with a simple sollution by sticking some fibre optic wire 3mm diameter into the eye holes of the mod and pointing them behind the panel towards the LED. The eyes really light up well now.
All together this game is gonna be around for a long while and i am rather happy with the endresult. I am gonna move the IC scanner to the door in a later stage when in have swapped out the door for an USA version. Still don't understand why manufactures don't use those as well for us EU customer. That bill validator plate is used for so many mod's and other things in the home market. (volume controllers, lightboxes, etc,etc).

I'd say a weekend well spent. The only conundrum i now have is that i played 2 games before i started these mods and 1 of those games got me the Grand Champion over a Billion score and i don't wanna delete that when i reset the scores from the previous owner. On the other hand looking how i play this game his scores are gonna be oblitterated in a very short time. Guess my guests are gonna have to up their game to get on my leaderboard.
Kinda curious what you guys think of what i did with my game.

20240518_154512 (resized).jpg20240518_154512 (resized).jpg20240518_171119 (resized).jpg20240518_171119 (resized).jpg20240518_171124 (resized).jpg20240518_171124 (resized).jpg20240518_171611 (resized).jpg20240518_171611 (resized).jpg20240519_155529 (resized).jpg20240519_155529 (resized).jpg20240519_125123 (resized).jpg20240519_125123 (resized).jpg20240519_125127 (resized).jpg20240519_125127 (resized).jpg20240519_131515 (resized).jpg20240519_131515 (resized).jpg20240519_132751 (resized).jpg20240519_132751 (resized).jpg20240519_135800 (resized).jpg20240519_135800 (resized).jpg20240519_135809 (resized).jpg20240519_135809 (resized).jpg20240519_135752 (resized).jpg20240519_135752 (resized).jpg20240519_144621 (resized).jpg20240519_144621 (resized).jpg20240519_144646 (resized).jpg20240519_144646 (resized).jpg20240519_151839 (resized).jpg20240519_151839 (resized).jpg20240519_155548 (resized).jpg20240519_155548 (resized).jpg20240519_155713 (resized).jpg20240519_155713 (resized).jpg20240519_160739 (resized).jpg20240519_160739 (resized).jpg

#16003 35 days ago

God that back board is fugly, I don't get the appeal of that mod at all. It looks like Eddie is mid way through a poop knife shit lol. I may need to do a run of mine just to keep an aesthetic balanced, anyone interested?

IMG_20201008_092349 (resized).jpgIMG_20201008_092349 (resized).jpgIMG_20201008_140931 (resized).jpgIMG_20201008_140931 (resized).jpg
#16005 35 days ago
Quoted from Rik_:

God that back board is fugly, I don't get the appeal of that mod at all. It looks like Eddie is mid way through a poop knife shit lol. I may need to do a run of mine just to keep an aesthetic balanced, anyone interested?
[quoted image][quoted image]

this looks great. im probably in the minority here, but the mods for maiden feels more like clutter than a cohesive experience that makes the playfield vibrant.

compare it to a JP Pro that has the correct jeep, modified signs, plastic trees, a pteranodon, and replacement raptor pen, raptor, and tower… for some reason i feel like that works better than IMDN.

#16006 35 days ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Did you print that yourself? If so where did you get the stl. I like that mod and the half open sarcophagus

#16007 35 days ago
Quoted from Gunner007:

Did you print that yourself? If so where did you get the stl. I like that mod and the half open sarcophagus

second this!!

#16008 35 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

yeah for sure. Your game is badass. Just wondering if you felt a difference in the rubber. I asked recently but no one responded. After I changed mine to titans it’s a different game. I can’t decide for better or worse.

I made this video a little while ago. My favorite rubbers on Maiden is a bit of a mix. Standard Stern is amazing, but I wanted some color. So…I have orange Superbands on the two upper flippers because Titan’s fall apart too quickly with all the ball strikes to the tip of the upper flippers. Superbands take some prep to install because they are so tight, but they are indestructible. On the lower two flippers I have Titan low bounce. Most of my pins have Titan comp rubbers on them but I found I like Titan low bounce on my lower AIQ and Maiden. Titan do have more spin than standard Stern but it never bothered me. My Baywatch was purchased off a route with Superbands on all four flippers and I love the way it plays, so I think I am just used to how it flips. Side note: My best games always come after I clean and wax a pin.

IMG_5464 (resized).jpegIMG_5464 (resized).jpegIMG_5466 (resized).jpegIMG_5466 (resized).jpegIMG_5467 (resized).jpegIMG_5467 (resized).jpeg
#16009 35 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

I use low bounce Titans for the flippers but seem to be a little harder to cat h balls than Stern stock honestly. Super bands for all posts as they last longer. Then titans on all rings mixing up the colors a bit.

#16010 35 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Oh, thank you This is my baby. I’ll always be adding .

#16011 35 days ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Decent sculpt. Really needs to be painted though ...

#16012 35 days ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Count me in. That looks proper AF

#16013 35 days ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I made this video a little while ago. My favorite rubbers on Maiden is a bit of a mix. Standard Stern is amazing, but I wanted some color. So…I have orange Superbands on the two upper flippers because Titan’s fall apart too quickly with all the ball strikes to the tip of the upper flippers. Superbands take some prep to install because they are so tight, but they are indestructible. On the lower two flippers I have Titan low bounce. Most of my pins have Titan comp rubbers on them but I found I like Titan low bounce on my lower AIQ and Maiden. Titan do have more spin than standard Stern but it never bothered me. My Baywatch was purchased off a route with Superbands on all four flippers and I love the way it plays, so I think I am just used to how it flips. Side note: My best games always come after I clean and wax a pin.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Thanks for all the info. I'll definitely be doing a swap.

#16014 35 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I use low bounce Titans for the flippers but seem to be a little harder to cat h balls than Stern stock honestly. Super bands for all posts as they last longer. Then titans on all rings mixing up the colors a bit.

Yeah the standard Titans are super bouncy.

#16015 35 days ago
Quoted from Rik_:

$?

#16016 34 days ago

3d printed items are inexpensive and sometimes easy and quick to design. A few hours here and there. I'm slowly getting back into 3d design and printing. I just havent had the $$ funds lately after retiring from my 25yr army stint. Lol. But I've already shared a couple stl. For the light tree and the spitfire. If things only take a little time to design I can't see asking $. I'd rather share and make the hobby better. I'm currently working on IM scoop mod. Just need a new printer to put the stl into play. 3d printing is pennies to print once you have the stl.

#16017 34 days ago
Quoted from Rik_:

I agree with what you said on the other backboard and I like yours a lot better. My daughter is very good at painting and I would get her to help paint it for me because she has a lot more steadier hand than her dad does.

I would be interested in purchasing this mod from you if the price was right. Please keep me posted.

#16018 34 days ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Quoted from Rik_:

Interested depending on price. These 3d molded backboards are awesome, I just couldn’t justify costs.

#16019 34 days ago

Pinwoofer puts this game on another PLANET.

Also consider a new soundtrack for this pin :

#16020 33 days ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

Also consider a new soundtrack for this pin

WHY?? I love my early Maiden tunes
You added C-Rap music to it.................

#16021 33 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

lol just testing the new pinwoofer thats all. lookin to get a rise out of u metal heads

#16022 33 days ago

Pinwoofer puts this game on another PLANET.
Also consider a new soundtrack for this pin :

love that music dude! Check out channel 43 rock the bell’s satellite radio! But not on maiden.

#16023 33 days ago

lol just testing the new pinwoofer thats all. lookin to get a rise out of u metal heads

Like other shit that bothers me I just moved on.

Lol

Good one. Though.

My first thought was idiot.

Now it's troll master lol

#16024 33 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I upvoted Pinwoofer not changing the Maiden tunes.I was meh on Maiden until I got my machine .Now I enjoy Maiden tunes quite a lot.

#16025 33 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I upvoted Pinwoofer not changing the Maiden tunes.I was meh on Maiden until I got my machine .Now I enjoy Maiden tunes quite a lot.

yeah growing on me too!!

#16026 33 days ago

I really wish they would have included some of the Di'Anno era songs on that machine. That would make it perfect.

#16027 33 days ago
Quoted from lftwng4:

I really wish they would have included some of the Di'Anno era songs on that machine. That would make it perfect.

That's making me Remember Tomorrow.

#16028 32 days ago

I dig Maiden and Notorious BIG! That said, Maiden songs belong in Maiden, ha ha

#16029 31 days ago

im still looking for someoe to change the maidden tunes to the live songs that still coincide with the right songs and will to pay lol

#16030 31 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

im still looking for someoe to change the maidden tunes to the live songs that still coincide with the right songs and will to pay lol

talk to PoMC

#16031 31 days ago

thank youi

#16032 30 days ago

Got a weird problem with my Pro that happened yesterday. I had my games (3 of them) turned on but was working in another room when I heard a loud pop coming from the game room. I really didn't think much of it but probably should have... about half an hour later I hear a rapidfire POP POP POP and that did get my attention. I went into the room and there was a strong electrical burning smell, but all of the games were still up and running. I was able to figure out that the odor was emanating from IMDN, and from the backbox instead of under the playfield. I turned it off immediately and did a visual inspection of the power supply and the power board, no visible sign of damage. Turned the game on long enough to do a test of all coils, and everything works perfectly. Played a ball or two and had no problems, but the electrical smell was coming back, so I turned it off again.

I assume this was probably a capacitor blowing out. Is the problem likely to be with the power board, or inside the power supply, or something entirely different? I have only looked at the front side of the power board, but assume that any damage to any of those big capacitors would be more obvious from the back side of the board?

Looking for any suggestions to further diagnose this.

#16033 30 days ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Got a weird problem with my Pro that happened yesterday. I had my games (3 of them) turned on but was working in another room when I heard a loud pop coming from the game room. I really didn't think much of it but probably should have... about half an hour later I hear a rapidfire POP POP POP and that did get my attention. I went into the room and there was a strong electrical burning smell, but all of the games were still up and running. I was able to figure out that the odor was emanating from IMDN, and from the backbox instead of under the playfield. I turned it off immediately and did a visual inspection of the power supply and the power board, no visible sign of damage. Turned the game on long enough to do a test of all coils, and everything works perfectly. Played a ball or two and had no problems, but the electrical smell was coming back, so I turned it off again.
I assume this was probably a capacitor blowing out. Is the problem likely to be with the power board, or inside the power supply, or something entirely different? I have only looked at the front side of the power board, but assume that any damage to any of those big capacitors would be more obvious from the back side of the board?

Unplug any mods. Following. Curious to see what issue is

#16034 30 days ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

The backbox parts are common with all the spike 2 pins so it would get your issue more visibility if you made a separate post titled: Spike 2 (maiden pro) making popping sound and burring smell in backbox. That way everyone with spike 2 repair experience will see your question.

#16035 30 days ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

maybe post photos of your boards so we can get some eyes on it.

#16036 27 days ago

Is there a setting that would allow me to possibly achieve the Run to the Hills mode in an easier fashion? Honestly, with what is required to activate that mode, I doubt that I would ever see it.

#16037 24 days ago

Edit; this has been resolved, There is a microswitch further back where the bolts unthreaded causing the auto launcher to not have full movement, tightened those and it is all good!

I have a issue that has suddenly appeared in my IMDN Pro, I can barely plunge the ball and this happened mid game. To me it seems the teeth or fingers on the Auto Launcher are sitting way to high up in the shooter lane. not allowing the shooter rod to make good contact with the ball on plunges.

I am not seeing any available adjustments to set the auto launch metal piece further to the back in the lane.

Can anyone share a picture of the ball sitting in the shooter lane?

20240527_212202 (resized).jpg20240527_212202 (resized).jpg20240527_212227 (resized).jpg20240527_212227 (resized).jpg20240530_075437 (resized).jpg20240530_075437 (resized).jpg20240530_075442 (resized).jpg20240530_075442 (resized).jpg

#16038 24 days ago
Quoted from cws204:

To me it seems the teeth or fingers on the Auto Launcher are sitting way to high up in the shooter lane.

Yes, looking at my maiden and other sterns, the teeth should be back roughly even with the end of the shooter lane. Something is stopping yours from springing back. Try moving the plunger up and down with your fingers and see if you can see why the plunger is not going all the way up.

#16039 24 days ago

Made it to 2 minutes to midnight! That was a fun accomplishment for me! Now to try to get a billion since I just missed it on that game.

#16040 20 days ago
Quoted from cws204:

Edit; this has been resolved, There is a microswitch further back where the bolts unthreaded causing the auto launcher to not have full movement, tightened those and it is all good!

I am having issues with the auto shooter. For example on a Trooper mb, the balls rarely make it to the lock and roll back down and bouncing into the left drain. Kind of annoying.
I read that other Sterns have had an auto plunge issue as well, in particular Ghostbusters.

Anybody else run into this problem? If so, what was your fix?

#16041 20 days ago

Up the auto plunge power, clean and wax the playfield, or both. Ball guides on the plunger side sometimes need adjusting after you start messing with the settings. The wax and power change the trajectory and sometimes may clip the lil flipper.

#16042 19 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I am having issues with the auto shooter. For example on a Trooper mb, the balls rarely make it to the lock and roll back down and bouncing into the left drain. Kind of annoying.
I read that other Sterns have had an auto plunge issue as well, in particular Ghostbusters.
Anybody else run into this problem? If so, what was your fix?

For these described symptoms I'd check that all the nuts n bolts associated with the launch mechanism are tight.

#16043 19 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I dig Maiden and Notorious BIG! That said, Maiden songs belong in Maiden, ha ha

I am mostly a metalhead and enjoy Maiden up until Brave New World album last one liked start to finish. But my rap interest always enjoyed 2PAC back in the day and never biggie. On a side note always 2Pac fan and never been a big small talking slow boring big Noto fan, just saying

#16044 19 days ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I am mostly a metalhead and enjoy Maiden up until Brave New World album last one liked start to finish. But my rap interest always enjoyed 2PAC back in the day and never biggie. On a side note always 2Pac fan and never been a big small talking slow boring big Noto fan, just saying

A Matter of Life and Death isn't too bad on a retrospective listen.

#16045 19 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

A Matter of Life and Death isn't too bad on a retrospective listen.

Yes I like that one as well, what I am trying to say is like all the albums up to Brave New World, BNW was last full album enjoyed start to finish. After that the albums hard for me to listen to entirely and only a few songs hit home. Seen them live many times always great but do not enjoy hearing 5 songs off new albums out of a 15 song set from them over the past years, wish they would do a 2hr plus show and twenty plus songs like others and of course add Infinite Dreams into the set list.

#16046 19 days ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

For these described symptoms I'd check that all the nuts n bolts associated with the launch mechanism are tight.

I believe the issue is mechanical and agree with your advice. Seems to be a lot more than waxing the playfield. I may have to disassemble the plunger.

#16047 19 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I believe the issue is mechanical and agree with your advice. Seems to be a lot more than waxing the playfield. I may have to disassemble the plunger.

ziptie trick worked after adjusting guide three times.

#16048 19 days ago

Has anyone had the mylar under the underworld ramp wear through? I have a HUO premium I bought about a week ago in really great condition, except where the bottom of the ramp comes in contact with the playfield the mylar is worn through in a line. No damage to the playfield but I bought some replacement mylar, should be here in a few days.

Is there a trick to this, or can I just peel off the old Mylar and add the new one, wax, and play on?

#16049 19 days ago
Quoted from Dandelock:

Has anyone had the mylar under the underworld ramp wear through? I have a HUO premium I bought about a week ago in really great condition, except where the bottom of the ramp comes in contact with the playfield the mylar is worn through in a line. No damage to the playfield but I bought some replacement mylar, should be here in a few days.
Is there a trick to this, or can I just peel off the old Mylar and add the new one, wax, and play on?

From what I know it isn''t much use a. can of air to freeze it off then carefully clean residue. There's videos on YT but they're usually tutorials on older games. I'd probably leave it or add very small strip over mylar that's already there.

#16050 19 days ago

On my Walking Dead LE, the left bicycle girl ramp flap was starting to dig into the playfield. The original owner never bothered to protect the game and the Stern fix kit was included with the game when I bought it. I froze and removed the original mylar with compressed air, used Goo Gone to remove residue, waxed and then installed the new mylar and foam pads under the ramp flap. Those pads keep the ramp from slamming down on the playfield and work perfectly. Not sure where to find those pads outside of the Stern fix kit, but you get the idea. I plan to use the two extra foam pads from the Walking Dead kit on my Maiden LE ramp. If ignored, the ramp flap will absolutely cut through the mylar and into the playfield art.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-bicycle-girl-rampstern-fix-kit-502-6942-00

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,108 posts in this topic. You are on page 321 of 323.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/321 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.