(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,815 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by nickrivers
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 317.
#1501 5 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Received my IMLE today, #400
This game is insanely good! Really impressed with the layout, shots and all the stuff put in. Love it!!!!

Looks as if you dimmed you backbox LED lighting. Looks better on picture than most picture posted. Thumbs Up. And up the Irons

#1502 5 years ago

Put 5 red bulbs in my pro for the 'LE' effect.

Not sure if I like it better or not.

IMG_3413 (resized).jpgIMG_3413 (resized).jpg
#1503 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Lol. I spent the time to REMOVE the fugly red leds from the bottom half of my LE.

It's fine with warm white LEDs in there. Still darker when it's "dark" and avoids the terrible color wash from the red on the plastics art, etc.

#1504 5 years ago

So I got my game finally. I love it. However, what is the deal the ramps? I can't hit them to save my life. They may as well be jackpot shots, as far as I'm concerned. Anyone else struggling with them or is it just me?

#1505 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I got my game finally. I love it. However, what is the deal the ramps? I can't hit them to save my life. They may as well be jackpot shots, as far as I'm concerned. Anyone else struggling with them or is it just me?

I'm getting better everday , starting to hit the ball on the flippers sweat spot , not easy but not that hard .

#1506 5 years ago

I tried it and took em out. They don’t have the same effects as the premium ... and they aren’t worth the red blotches

#1507 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

It's not just you man. I felt the same way when I first got my game. I'm better at the left ramp now than the right for some reason.

#1508 5 years ago

Those ramps look to be a lot easier to hit than they are. Upside is it is a great feeling when you finally string a few ramps together. Orbits are also tough to hit consistently.

#1509 5 years ago

Has anyone tried to do team play. Two couples, Players 1&3 on team and Players 2&4 on team. I've changed setting to "yes" team score.(on another Stern game) Did a four player game. Only displayed individual scores and no Team 1 and Team 2. Just wanting to know if the coded is fixed for "the game of the year".

#1510 5 years ago

Here is my lineup. Loving my Maiden. Best pin ever in my opinion, on looks, playability and lastibility. This is my first pin that will never leave....
And oh yes, i am a maiden fan for 35+ years....

pin3 (resized).jpgpin3 (resized).jpg
#1511 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Defeated the emporor earlier today on SW; and now just battled the beast. I’m having quite the Pinball euphoria rush today

Damn fine score sir.

#1512 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Spend entire games learning only them. Focus on one side at a time. Ignore all other shots.

The L is later than it looks
The R is earlier than it looks

#1513 5 years ago

Funny.... I took the red out of my LE. I think it looks terrible. I did add spotlights to my slings just like MEtallica and tied them to the string that is turned off during FotD. It gets dark enough and doesn't color wash my plastics.

#1514 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Funny.... I took the red out of my LE. I think it looks terrible. I did add spotlights to my slings just like MEtallica and tied them to the string that is turned off during FotD. It gets dark enough and doesn't color wash my plastics.

Going to try something else later - maybe just 4 red bulbs at bottom of p/f - taking the others out.

#1515 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

They sure aren't gimmies. I still can't get it through my head to flip that low on the right flipper to hit that left ramp.

#1516 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Can you elaborate a little more on the sting that is used for FOTD? I'm thinking of adding spotlights as well.

#1517 5 years ago

Also, my favorite new skill shot is:

Hold up left flipper, full plunge to bottom right flipper, one flip into the orb. I can hit this one about 75% of the time for 10 Million, +X +3mil power jackpot boost.

#1518 5 years ago

Red at the bottom.

Not sure I like it.

Probably go back to warm whites!

IMG_3430 (resized).jpgIMG_3430 (resized).jpg
#1519 5 years ago

I’m finally in

9A626551-7D5A-4A94-88E1-D86851B134B2 (resized).jpeg9A626551-7D5A-4A94-88E1-D86851B134B2 (resized).jpeg
#1520 5 years ago

Plastics at bottom are purple. Purple Cointaker - frosted.

It's this or back to warm white.

Or one warm white and one purple!

No more experimentation!
IMG_3431 (resized).jpgIMG_3431 (resized).jpg

IMG_3432 (resized).jpgIMG_3432 (resized).jpg
#1521 5 years ago

Plastics at bottom are purple. Purple Cointaker - frosted.
It's this or back to warm white.
Or one warm white and one purple!
No more experimentation!

Warm + purple looks good.

Have you tried orange in place of red yet? That’s what I keep thinking would be best, some personality without the sharp infrared impact of actual red.

#1522 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Never shoot the right ramp unless you have a multiball going. Never break this simple rule and your scores will shoot though the roof. This game is multiball heavy, and you should always stack a multiball with modes that use that ramp, like fear and Icarus.

#1523 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I’m finally in

What happened to the top of the box?

#1524 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

What happened to the top of the box?

That’s my shaker and stern t-shirt that I got with it.

#1525 5 years ago

Well today is the day, my Pro is arriving via R&L in between 1 and 5! I will be upgrading it over the weekend with a few parts that have been sitting on my workbench for the last month or so (a shaker and BW leg brackets from Terry along with Flipper Fidelity replacement speakers).
Up The Irons \m/.

#1526 5 years ago

Happy Days!

Iron Maiden Pro Boxed (resized).jpgIron Maiden Pro Boxed (resized).jpg
#1527 5 years ago

Joined the club today changed my whole little lineup in the last few weeks.
What a game, just made a 4 ramp combo in flight of icarus, my adrenaline output is over the top!
Going to be a pinball heavy weekend, yaaaay

B3093DF3-77C4-41B5-BD88-E678D972BB36 (resized).jpegB3093DF3-77C4-41B5-BD88-E678D972BB36 (resized).jpeg
#1528 5 years ago

Made a new card today it works for now. Dislike the stock yellows!!
1 more to go..

20A076E4-73A1-4D26-A443-697544354BBE.jpeg20A076E4-73A1-4D26-A443-697544354BBE.jpeg332CAA8A-C9E9-402E-84DF-38A7FEF998E5.jpeg332CAA8A-C9E9-402E-84DF-38A7FEF998E5.jpeg
#1529 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Warm + purple looks good.
Have you tried orange in place of red yet? That’s what I keep thinking would be best, some personality without the sharp infrared impact of actual red.

Don't have any orange but would have tried if I did.

Keeping warm white and purple I think.

#1530 5 years ago

Not bad for my first day, i suppose cyborg MB was a blast! this game rocks so effin hard! True pinball magic

D5E9DF27-41A6-47B4-9E67-4B4363807388 (resized).jpegD5E9DF27-41A6-47B4-9E67-4B4363807388 (resized).jpeg
#1531 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I thought I would post this up if anyone is looking to upgrade their instruction cards on their Iron Maiden to replace the yellow cards. The other thread asked me to post this so I figured I would get it to you guys here too. Just print on high gloss photo paper and then cut it in the center to make both cards. Enjoy!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vu5caar2eub4pdy/IMDN_Cards.jpg?dl=0
--
Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

Just reposting these awesome cards as they get lost in the sauce.

imdn rule cards (resized).jpgimdn rule cards (resized).jpg
#1532 5 years ago

Put in a few games this morning and I’m starting to feel the shots.

B59DB3E5-BD43-4FA7-AD3D-278ABA24D1AD (resized).jpegB59DB3E5-BD43-4FA7-AD3D-278ABA24D1AD (resized).jpeg
#1533 5 years ago

Seeing scores posted here reminds me that I am a terrible, terrible player.
Don't care though, since the game is fun even when I suck at it.

#1534 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Seeing scores posted here reminds me that I am a terrible, terrible player.
Don't care though, since the game is fun even when I suck at it.

Yeah, I'm right there with you on both counts....

#1535 5 years ago
20180630_185742 (resized).jpg20180630_185742 (resized).jpg
#1536 5 years ago

Continue.....

#1537 5 years ago

Powerball?

#1538 5 years ago

So.... um.... does anyone else find these shots right and hard to find? The left spinner, left ramp, right ramp and right loop are all super hard for me to find. Also, the balls seem hard to control. I'm finding this a lot harder than I thought I would.

#1539 5 years ago

Lower your playfield angle bruh. Play with your settings til you're happy with it.

#1540 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So.... um.... does anyone else find these shots right and hard to find? The left spinner, left ramp, right ramp and right loop are all super hard for me to find

It‘s so interesting to see how this is such a personal experience. I have a relatively new TNA and Iron Maiden. while i struggle to hit any shots on TNA consistently, Iron Maiden is very predictable for me, i can hit the left ramp from a cradled position like 80%.

I had the same experience with the shot trough the bumpers on Kiss, so i think it just suits my sense of geometry in some kind...
there are some shots that are laid out for your personal playstyle and others that are not. I struggle so hard to find the shots on many other games for months...

Figuring out shots that go against your natural playstyle: that’s where a really skilled play can adapt faster, i suppose.

#1541 5 years ago

Change all of this until you are enjoying your multi thousand dollar toy the way you want to & seeing some of awesome modes and effects this game has to offer:

-# of Balls and extra ball settings
-mode settings/timers
-machine height/pitch
-outlanes
-tilt bob
-flipper strength (game ships with purposely weaker flippers)

If you buy a car, do you just drive it without adjusting the steering wheel, seats, mirrors, etc? Not an exact likeness- but you get my point...

#1542 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Change all of this until you are enjoying your multi thousand dollar toy the way you want to & seeing some of awesome modes and effects this game has to offer:
-# of Balls and extra ball settings
-mode settings/timers
-machine height/pitch
-outlanes
-tilt bob
-flipper strength (game ships with purposely weaker flippers)
If you buy a car, do you just drive it without adjusting the steering wheel, seats, mirrors, etc? Not an exact likeness- but you get my point...

I kind of agree with you, but a part of me disagrees with you. I like to try to keep my game setup mostly how it might be in the wild. That way my score reflects what I might put up, and what others get. It just makes me appreciate what I get and the modes that I have gotten to. I have only gotten cyborg multiball I think 2 or 3 times.
I think the one thing that really pisses me off.
Is how hard it is to light revive. Most of the time you need 3 really good spinner shots to get it lit. And on most games it gets lit on the 2nd or 3rd ball.
And I think you should have it lit at the beginning of the game. Then get it lit the first time easy. As the second time is way to hard and I think I've only re-lit it like a handful of times. That to me would make the game much more playable and enjoyable. As I think the ramps are made too hard to shoot for and susceptible to causing drains. And also I think the lane posts are too small, and again make it much more difficult to keep the ball in play. They should be bigger.
But, I won't be modding my game, cos I don't want to be labeled as a cheater. I just want to get better.
I only just gotten Can I play with Madness for the first and only time so far three days ago. A bit disappointing so far, but it only lasted a few seconds for me.
And so far I have yet to break 300 million. 288 million is my best game so far. Which is funny... I got like 160 million on my first ball. Then I got one extra ball from completing first tier of pyramid, then I have the replay set at 108 million to reward me an extra ball. So I got another one. And... Yet even with 5 balls and that monster of a first ball, I failed to get to 300 million.
But, what was nice is I heard the lady do the quite the baller callout. I've gotten the Beast to say that to me a couple of times, but that was the first time the lady did.
And that is what I like about this game. The callouts/taunts are very, very, very deep. I've played the hell out of it. And yet I still have so much new stuff to experience.
One thing that does piss me off. Sometimes I don't get the super secret skill shot down the left drain for 25 million. Sometimes it says BALL SAVE. And I'm like bull shit. Give me my 25 million. And the ball hits NOTHING. Its a clean plunge into that lane.
Oh well. Great game. And someday I hope to be 300 million plus. I doubt I'll ever get into number of the beast or 2 minutes to midnight mode. As the most Eddie's I've ever collected are 2. And I think 1 soul shard.

#1543 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I only just gotten Can I play with Madness for the first and only time so far three days ago. A bit disappointing so far, but it only lasted a few seconds for me.

Can I play with Madness is one of my favorite modes I have every played on any pinball machine. But you really need to progress past the 1 shot phase to enjoy it. The 1 shot phase can be frustrating, and doesn't actually have the features that make the mode cool.

The only other thing I dislike about it is that it is usually blocking me from playing something I need for 666. And right now I am mostly focused on trying to get back to and beat the Beast.

#1544 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I kind of agree with you, but a part of me disagrees with you. I like to try to keep my game setup mostly how it might be in the wild. That way my score reflects what I might put up, and what others get. It just makes me appreciate what I get and the modes that I have gotten to. I have only gotten cyborg multiball I think 2 or 3 times.
I think the one thing that really pisses me off.
Is how hard it is to light revive. Most of the time you need 3 really good spinner shots to get it lit. And on most games it gets lit on the 2nd or 3rd ball.
And I think you should have it lit at the beginning of the game. Then get it lit the first time easy. As the second time is way to hard and I think I've only re-lit it like a handful of times. That to me would make the game much more playable and enjoyable. As I think the ramps are made too hard to shoot for and susceptible to causing drains. And also I think the lane posts are too small, and again make it much more difficult to keep the ball in play. They should be bigger.
But, I won't be modding my game, cos I don't want to be labeled as a cheater. I just want to get better.
And so far I have yet to break 300 million. 288 million is my best game so far. Which is funny... I got like 160 million on my first ball. Then I got one extra ball from completing first tier of pyramid, then I have the replay set at 108 million to reward me an extra ball. So I got another one. And... Yet even with 5 balls and that monster of a first ball, I failed to get to 300 million.
But, what was nice is I heard the lady do the quite the baller callout. I've gotten the Beast to say that to me a couple of times, but that was the first time the lady did.
And that is what I like about this game. The callouts/taunts are very, very, very deep. I've played the hell out of it. And yet I still have so much new stuff to experience.
One thing that does piss me off. Sometimes I don't get the super secret skill shot down the left drain for 25 million. Sometimes it says BALL SAVE. And I'm like bull shit. Give me my 25 million. And the ball hits NOTHING. Its a clean plunge into that lane.
Oh well. Great game. And someday I hope to be 300 million plus. I doubt I'll ever get into number of the beast or 2 minutes to midnight mode. As the most Eddie's I've ever collected are 2. And I think 1 soul shard.

To get the outlane super skillshot the ball has to go halfway up the loop as if you miffed the super skill shot.

#1545 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

To get the outlame super skillshot the ball has to go halfway up the loop as if you miffed the super skill shot.

I've gotten it before. Didn't think it had to go up the loop... Could be mistaken... Anyway. Not a biggie. As I just focus on the easier to get skill shot.

#1546 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Can I play with Madness is one of my favorite modes I have every played on any pinball machine. But you really need to progress past the 1 shot phase to enjoy it. The 1 shot phase can be frustrating, and doesn't actually have the features that make the mode cool.
The only other thing I dislike about it is that it is usually blocking me from playing something I need for 666. And right now I am mostly focused on trying to get back to and beat the Beast.

Man... I wish I was half the player you must be. You gotten to the beast... If I am really lucky maybe one day I wll get there... For 5 seconds...

#1547 5 years ago

I just got to cyborg multiball, but wasnt entirely sure what the objective was?

#1548 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I just got to cyborg multiball, but wasnt entirely sure what the objective was?

Hit each of the power features at least once, then hit the orb. On the first 2 stages, doing this will add a ball into play and activate the ball saver.

#1549 5 years ago

Confirmed with glass off:

1. When all ball saves are turned off(there are 2 different ball save settings), hitting any of the secret skill shots that normally award a ball save extension, does NOT give you a ball save. Below are all of the skill shots I have uncovered and confirmed.

2. Short Plunge to Left Outlane = 25M and no ball save. You can also do a full plunge and use the right upper flipper to shoot the outlane for the same award. (+10 seconds ball save time if this is enabled)

3. Short plunge and shatz the Left inlane = 5M and no ball save

4. Center ramp = 6M and no ball save (+10 seconds if ball save enabled)

5. Short plunge to Left flipper and shoot Right orbit = 8M and no ball save

6. Hold Left flipper up and hit super jackpot target = 10m plus x playfield

7. No flippers up, shoot the extra ball target = 1M plus Eddie letter (+5 seconds of ball save if this is enabled)

8. Hold Left flipper up, full plunge, and one time shot to the orb = 10m, plus boost power jackpot X. (+5 seconds ball save if enabled)

I’ve tried numerous combinations of only the right flipper up as well as both flippers up. Haven’t found the others yet.

#1550 5 years ago

Ordering a pro this week.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/31?hl=chuckcasey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.