(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 317.
#1451 5 years ago

Getting my pro on Tuesday. Can't wait. Will post pics.

#1452 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

TNA is a snoozer when compared to Maiden, Imo.

The pins are totally different. That’s a good thing as they compliment each other in a collection.

My top 2 pins right know 100% !!

#1453 5 years ago

Just ordered an IMDN Pro and should be here the end of this week. Excited to put it next to my TWD Pro. Have space for one more. Thinking GOTG, SW, or MET.

#1454 5 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Just ordered an IMDN Pro and should be here the end of this week. Excited to put it next to my TWD Pro. Have space for one more. Thinking GOTG, SW, or MET.

SW or Metallica would be a great neighbor for IMDN and TWD.

#1455 5 years ago

Wow!! Ok, my Wife, Son and I just had the chance to play the IMN premium earlier today at a new venue near our town, and holy shit...it was a Family consensus, this game is 100% badass!! Yeah, it's only a matter of time till one of these badboys makes it into our home...the internet streams are great, but there's nothing like the feeling of playing this game along with the music...awesome experience.

#1456 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Wow!! 100% badass!! Yeah, it's only a matter of time till one of these badboys makes it into our home...

Well don't stop with post. Go add it to your wishlist now.

#1457 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Well don't stop with post. Go add it to your wishlist now.

Right?! This game is gonna be a must have!

#1458 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Right?! This game is gonna be a must have!

Up the Irons Man. Glad people are loving this game. As for me.. My Prem broke the 2nd day I got it... The underworld ramp is all busted. I'm finally getting a new mech sent to me... But, I do think its horse crap I have to replace it myself. Paid a lot of money for a pinball that broke with just 2 days of play. Yes... They were many hours of play... But, still... Oh well... Shouldn't take too long. I just haven't soldered in years and never was good at it. But, I got a mate of mine that is really handy with it, and I think I might have him come over and assist me. Still, I can play the game... Just hte ramp is stuck in the up position, and not nearly as much fun. But, still super fun.
It is my favorite game that I own. But, I only own 3 games. Soon to be 4.... The 4th one is about to ship out to me. But, out of all the games I have ever played this is certainly near the top of the list. I want to play it a bit fully working again and with the new code before I add my review to pinside. Still, I'm not a pinball expert. I just enjoy playing it.

#1459 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Wow!! Ok, my Wife, Son and I just had the chance to play the IMN premium earlier today at a new venue near our town, and holy shit...it was a Family consensus, this game is 100% badass!! Yeah, it's only a matter of time till one of these badboys makes it into our home...the internet streams are great, but there's nothing like the feeling of playing this game along with the music...awesome experience.

Get in while the “Irons” hot! Kid and Wife approved...

956D356B-3D67-4784-961A-E5812E07F9E9 (resized).jpeg956D356B-3D67-4784-961A-E5812E07F9E9 (resized).jpeg

#1460 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Get in while the “Irons” hot! Kid and Wife approved...

Nice! Hahaha...I'm gonna show her this and I think that'll seal the deal my friend! I had a blast playing it and she loved it too. My son was jamming out and my man was a better shot to that left ramp than me. Mama said.. man, I sure did like that Iron Maiden a lot more than I thought I would...oh hell yes..it's on!

#1461 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

SW or Metallica would be a great neighbor for IMDN and TWD.

Agreed. SW gets my vote. It’s fantastic next to IMDN. Two different styles of rules and integration, plus two LCD’s look goooood next to each other. But be warned; you might actually find SW to be the better game don’t say that in public though

I just reset my audits Friday on SW and IMDN has been reset since day 1 of the latest code.

1E72CC52-B56E-4C53-BA3A-C5264C1CEBAE (resized).jpeg1E72CC52-B56E-4C53-BA3A-C5264C1CEBAE (resized).jpeg7D300EDB-F59C-4E9D-A0A4-9DC7B698700B (resized).jpeg7D300EDB-F59C-4E9D-A0A4-9DC7B698700B (resized).jpegD1CB7A3B-C0EA-4BF9-9BEA-4A49F0928C30 (resized).jpegD1CB7A3B-C0EA-4BF9-9BEA-4A49F0928C30 (resized).jpeg
#1462 5 years ago

After 8 times getting 3 of 4 cards, I finally got all 4 (mummy, you rascal) and got to number of the beast wizard on my home premium! To get there I had to play patty cakes with the ball for three seconds at a time to safely exit 2 minutes. That timer is a bbbbb.

NOB is really cool mode, for the few seconds I saw of it before draining.

#1463 5 years ago

I got my first Cyborg Multiball a couple of days ago - what a rush! Not sure when I'll get to NOTB though... I don't think I've ever had more than 2 Eddie cards.

#1464 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Up the Irons Man. Glad people are loving this game. As for me.. My Prem broke the 2nd day I got it... The underworld ramp is all busted. I'm finally getting a new mech sent to me... But, I do think its horse crap I have to replace it myself. Paid a lot of money for a pinball that broke with just 2 days of play. Yes... They were many hours of play... But, still... Oh well... Shouldn't take too long. I just haven't soldered in years and never was good at it. But, I got a mate of mine that is really handy with it, and I think I might have him come over and assist me. Still, I can play the game... Just hte ramp is stuck in the up position, and not nearly as much fun. But, still super fun.
It is my favorite game that I own. But, I only own 3 games. Soon to be 4.... The 4th one is about to ship out to me. But, out of all the games I have ever played this is certainly near the top of the list. I want to play it a bit fully working again and with the new code before I add my review to pinside. Still, I'm not a pinball expert. I just enjoy playing it.

If the only issue was that your ramp was stuck in the up position, your mech wasn't busted at all. Five minute or less fix. See the iron maiden issues thread.

#1465 5 years ago

I think Iron Maiden looks good in this lineup too And this, IMO, is the best Stern pin ever made. And I've owned a lot of great ones over the years (LOTR, ACDC Prem, SM, IM, TSPP)

36250823_10156070738758551_6731914546996314112_n (resized).jpg36250823_10156070738758551_6731914546996314112_n (resized).jpg
#1466 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

After 8 times getting 3 of 4 cards, I finally got all 4 (mummy, you rascal) and got to number of the beast wizard on my home premium! To get there I had to play patty cakes with the ball for three seconds at a time to safely exit 2 minutes. That timer is a bbbbb.
NOB is really cool mode, for the few seconds I saw of it before draining.

How do you get the Eddie Cards? Its probably obvious but such a rush when playing I don't think I even know!

#1467 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure that most of them are from super jackpots during the modes.

#1468 5 years ago

Card
- Mummy, get 3-4? mummy jp, then super by hitting pharaoh (hardest for me)

- cyborg, finish all power triangles. Easy-ish, most triangles just happen; then use ballsave and Multiball to get your ramps

- soldier/2 mins? start all five white Eddie modes then qualify again by spelling Eddie, can only use ramps and skill shots once you get to last two modes. Hard.

- trooper, get a trooper super jp. Hit a few jps then hit the super by bounce into or upper left flipper. Easiest one by far.

#1469 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

How do you get the Eddie Cards? Its probably obvious but such a rush when playing I don't think I even know!

Trooper and Mummy you get by hitting super jackpots in the respective multiball.
Cyborg and Soldier you get by lighting (or maybe starting) Cyborg multiball and 2 mins to midnight resp.

There are also level 2 levels for each of those.

#1470 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I think Iron Maiden looks good in this lineup too And this, IMO, is the best Stern pin ever made. And I've owned a lot of great ones over the years (LOTR, ACDC Prem, SM, IM, TSPP)

That picture really shows how much brighter the backbox is on IMDN vs. the other machines...

#1471 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

That picture really shows how much brighter the backbox is on IMDN vs. the other machines...

Or washed out...

#1472 5 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Man, all you guys ordering pins and getting them right away.... where did you order from?! I've been waiting for almost two weeks for mine to even get shipped.

#1473 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Man, all you guys ordering pins and getting them right away.... where did you order from?! I've been waiting for almost two weeks for mine to even get shipped.

I ordered mine from Orange County Pinballs (they were running an add here) on June 13th. It was picked up from Stern on the 20th and is out for delivery TODAY!

#1474 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

The question is . . .
From where did you order YOUR pin?

#1475 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The question is . . .
From where did you order YOUR pin?

I've never ordered from cointaker before. Heard good things. It was gonna get delivered Monday. Then Friday. Then got pushed to yesterday. And now I'm still waiting for a tracking number. Not even sure if it was shipped yet or not, not an I sure that they give me that info?

#1476 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

It is very bright - factory is 100% but you can turn it down as far as you want.

#1477 5 years ago

And of course my quick delivery time was halted by a forklift hit to the side of the cab. R&L Carries actually tries to hide the damage by stuffing the pin in the rear corner of the truck with the damage hidden. Truck driver was almost as mad as I was. Midway up the box was a clear forklift hole punched in it and damage to the machine. I had to refuse it and send it on it’s way. My 4yo daughter was devastated, I took today off and kept her home to receive it with me.

On a positive note, Evan at Orange County Pinball was super understanding and said he will have one of his incoming machines headed my way.

#1478 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If the only issue was that your ramp was stuck in the up position, your mech wasn't busted at all. Five minute or less fix. See the iron maiden issues thread.

I have... I just reread something about oiling the back of something and I don't understand what they mean. And I talked to stern... They think its a broken mech... Not saying it is or isn't... Just don't know what you mean. If someone has pictures or can be more detailed I'd like to hear it.
Cos they gave me a screw to replace... Didn't work. Then they told me remove the screw... Just want the blooming ramp to work.

#1479 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I have... I just reread something about oiling the back of something and I don't understand what they mean. And I talked to stern... They think its a broken mech... Not saying it is or isn't... Just don't know what you mean. If someone has pictures or can be more detailed I'd like to hear it.

If you look at the top of the ramp and follow it to the back (where the ball would get launched off of itinto the bullseye), it drops down into the orbit lane. The back of the ramp, when moving up or down, can scrape against the metal orbit. That is where you want to put some grease.

#1480 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

If you look at the top of the ramp and follow it to the back (where the ball would get launched off of itinto the bullseye), it drops down into the orbit lane. The back of the ramp, when moving up or down, can scrape against the metal orbit. That is where you want to put some grease.

Okay... What kind of greese... I own 3 in 1 oil.. .That's all I got... So, what do you recommend?
And you say follow it back... So lift up the playfield and follow that back or look at the playfield when its just normal position? I am sorry... I just don't get it...

#1481 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCount:

And of course my quick delivery time was halted by a forklift hit to the side of the cab. R&L Carries actually tries to hide the damage by stuffing the pin in the rear corner of the truck with the damage hidden. Truck driver was almost as mad as I was. Midway up the box was a clear forklift hole punched in it and damage to the machine. I had to refuse it and send it on it’s way. My 4yo daughter was devastated, I took today off and kept her home to receive it with me.
On a positive note, Evan at Orange County Pinball was super understanding and said he will have one of his incoming machines headed my way.

Wow lame. At least it will be taken care of.

#1482 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Agreed. SW gets my vote. It’s fantastic next to IMDN. Two different styles of rules and integration, plus two LCD’s look goooood next to each other. But be warned; you might actually find SW to be the better game don’t say that in public though
I just reset my audits Friday on SW and IMDN has been reset since day 1 of the latest code.

I’ll have IMDN pro sitting next to my SW pre this Friday or Monday, finally.

#1483 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Nice line up, my line up is close to yours just swap kiss with Hobbit.

#1484 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay... What kind of greese... I own 3 in 1 oil.. .That's all I got... So, what do you recommend?
And you say follow it back... So lift up the playfield and follow that back or look at the playfield when its just normal position? I am sorry... I just don't get it...

Don’t lift up the playfield, just take the glass off and look at the back side of the ramp.

I don’t know that it makes a huge difference what you lube it with... obviously you don’t want to use something that is going to get all over the place.

#1485 5 years ago

Check with R & L this morning to find out my delivery window. I was told between 2-4, no problem I working from home and I should be working. I get a call at about 1 and the driver is outside the condo gate. The box is in the best shape of any NIB that I've gotten. Game plays great right out of the box. The only problem I had was, where the hell is the on/off switch? The funny thing is that I took a picture of the QA signature and didn't notice it was not there anymore. Called J.J. as I could not find it. He told me he gets the same call all the time.
This was the first pin that I got from J.J. and it was very simple and easy. I will buy from him again.
Thumbs up to Stern, J.J (https://gameexchange.biz/), and R & L for getting it to me in good shape.

DSC_0063 (resized).JPGDSC_0063 (resized).JPGDSC_0066 (resized).JPGDSC_0066 (resized).JPGDSC_0068 (resized).JPGDSC_0068 (resized).JPGDSC_0070 (resized).JPGDSC_0070 (resized).JPGDSC_0072 (resized).JPGDSC_0072 (resized).JPGDSC_0073 (resized).JPGDSC_0073 (resized).JPGDSC_0074 (resized).JPGDSC_0074 (resized).JPGDSC_0075 (resized).JPGDSC_0075 (resized).JPG
#1486 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It is very bright - factory is 100% but you can turn it down as far as you want.

25% looks good. IMO

#1487 5 years ago

I hate the switch locations of spike games as well.

They should have at least wired a switch to the traditional location. Now I have to streeetch for each spike game to turn it on in a tight lineup.

I know there are remote plug in adapters but still... bleh!

Congrats on the new pin!

#1488 5 years ago

Finally got my Pro yesterday. This thing rocks! Nice work Keith and Stern!

F4B64C28-756B-45E8-BE71-A3BC278F0330 (resized).jpegF4B64C28-756B-45E8-BE71-A3BC278F0330 (resized).jpeg
#1489 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:If you look at the top of the ramp and follow it to the back (where the ball would get launched off of itinto the bullseye), it drops down into the orbit lane. The back of the ramp, when moving up or down, can scrape against the metal orbit. That is where you want to put some grease.

Thanks. That totally was the issue. Funny. When I called stern the first time I got chastised for daring to use oil on a pinball machine. And they never once mentioned this fix. But, all I did was grease it a little bit and its working just fine now. And to top it off I posted 2 really good scores in two games on it... Just missed off setting the grand high score on it. My old grand high was erased when I upgraded the code. But, I still need to update to 1.01... So I think I will do that this weekend.
Thanks a lot. Game really is so much fun!

#1490 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

The backbox light is adjustable at three points. In attract mode, in play and when in the portal. All adjustable in adjustments. I have my attract and in play brightness at 80. Defaults are 100.

#1491 5 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I've been away from the hobby for a while. What is IMDN I keep seeing?

#1492 5 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

I've been away from the hobby for a while. What is IMDN I keep seeing?

Iron Maiden

#1493 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

The backbox light is adjustable at three points. In attract mode, in play and when in the portal. All adjustable in adjustments. I have my attract and in play brightness at 80. Defaults are 100.

I have my in play brightness set around 10, adjusted it down until most of the glare was eliminated.

#1494 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Thanks. That totally was the issue. Funny. When I called stern the first time I got chastised for daring to use oil on a pinball machine. And they never once mentioned this fix. But, all I did was grease it a little bit and its working just fine now. And to top it off I posted 2 really good scores in two games on it... Just missed off setting the grand high score on it. My old grand high was erased when I upgraded the code. But, I still need to update to 1.01... So I think I will do that this weekend.
Thanks a lot. Game really is so much fun!

Yeah, oil/grease is often the Devil inside pins, but some mechs need it. Great to see that your ramp is now working. I've also heard tightening up all the the screws on the mech can stop the rubbing. Mine just stopped rubbing after about 50 plays on its own. Just keep an eye on it for excessive wear to the guide rail below. It's very likely it is fine as is though.

#1496 5 years ago

Just got a
Call from my distributor that my LE will come tomorrow!

#1497 5 years ago

Received my IMLE today, #400

This game is insanely good! Really impressed with the layout, shots and all the stuff put in. Love it!!!!

C94D050A-CE3A-447D-919E-4D69A97EB4A8 (resized).jpegC94D050A-CE3A-447D-919E-4D69A97EB4A8 (resized).jpeg

#1498 5 years ago

I thought all LEs shipped ages ago...?

#1499 5 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Received my IMLE today, #400
This game is insanely good! Really impressed with the layout, shots and all the stuff put in. Love it!!!!

LCD lineup for the win! Looks good. Grats.

#1500 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Thanks, just adjusted mine down to 50% for now!

Also, I love how I still haven't heard all of the callouts (maybe there's new ones in 1.01?). Today I heard two:
1) Hallowed be thy drain
2) That was a cheap drain

Kinda cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/30?hl=chuckcasey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.