(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,592 posts
  • 1,038 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by rwmech5
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2024-03-18 15.28.14 (resized).jpg
IMG_4171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4165 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4167 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20240316_162345 (resized).jpg
20240312_134332 (resized).jpg
20240312_172201 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240311_231711952 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240311_210431677 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240312_002728435 (resized).jpg
IMG_6312 (resized).jpeg
2024-03-09 19.26.49 (resized).jpg
2024-03-09 19.25.51 (resized).jpg
2024-03-09 19.27.12 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,592 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 312.
#1401 5 years ago

Looking good, change out the apron cards and your all set. Or print on gold color card stock.

Quoted from Robertstone0407:Decided to make my own Iron Maiden LE. With black jack and hookers. All mods, work and concept done by me. Enjoy. I may offer a kit powdercoat armor, red t mold and speaker lights. I need Egyptian art blades and a red start button

#1402 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Nice job. I love the look of this machine. The gold makes it look like a LE. The American flag sleeveless is an interesting mod

Yup lolol. My favorite mod haha. Noticed it right away also. Merica!

EDEF26F6-A320-4D80-8735-03EF82E6A7A8 (resized).pngEDEF26F6-A320-4D80-8735-03EF82E6A7A8 (resized).png
#1403 5 years ago

Got my premium today, WOW. It absolutely lives up to the hype and love that it gets here on pinside. There are so many satisfying shots, lights are great, and even though I'm not a big fan of the music, it does seem perfect for pinball. Granted i love pinball browser and WILL change the songs, but anyone on the fence should buy regardless of your thoughts on the band's music. I also like that, at least initially, the left and right ramp shots aren't very easy. Only played about 10 games but LOVE it so far!

#1404 5 years ago

Oh, and set to 3 ball and standard setup, my best score is 323,171,290 (but a lot of games with much smaller scores)

#1405 5 years ago

The ramp shots seem like they should get easier, but they don't...

#1406 5 years ago

I was working on my LE today adding some mods and tweaking things and I noticed that the balls are taking a beating on this game!

Here’s a pic after less than 200 plays.

Ouch!Ouch!

I’m thinking the culprit is the sharp metal edges the balls fall onto below the target on the backboard. In the pic below you can see these edges are also showing some dings from the balls.

A9FAAB32-B492-4B65-A190-C1E07D5EEA79 (resized).pngA9FAAB32-B492-4B65-A190-C1E07D5EEA79 (resized).png

To try to prevent or at least lessen this damage in the future I put some skinny strips of clear Gorilla tape over these two edges. They should provide a softer edge for the balls to land on. I’m sure they will get chewed up from all the ball hits over time but should be relatively easy to replace as needed.

I’ll put some new balls in and see how they fare after another hundred games or so.

#1407 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Decided to make my own Iron Maiden LE. With black jack and hookers. All mods, work and concept done by me. Enjoy. I may offer a kit powdercoat armor, red t mold and speaker lights. I need Egyptian art blades and a red start button

This looks amazing!!!
Did you try your other gold offerings before deciding on this one? I can’t help wondering what the bright gold would look like.

#1408 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

To try to prevent or at least lessen this damage in the future I put some skinny strips of clear Gorilla tape over these two edges. They should provide a softer edge for the balls to land on. I’m sure they will get chewed up from all the ball hits over time but should be relatively easy to replace as needed.
I’ll put some new balls in and see how they fare after another hundred games or so.

I wouldn't bother. Almost every modern pin has sharp edges that will scratch balls. The balls will smooth the edges over time and lessen the effect. Your tape will last two, maybe three hits before the same process takes effect. Tumble your balls of you're that worried, but scratched ball damage is over rated. Just ask any major operator. I've seen modern stern machines left neglected for years with dull balls from years of scratches. Clean the grime off and you have a very nice playfield.

#1409 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

This looks amazing!!!
Did you try your other gold offerings before deciding on this one? I can’t help wondering what the bright gold would look like.

Prolly look equally as good

#1410 5 years ago

Where are cards posted?

#1411 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Where are cards posted?

The MOD thread.

#1412 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

The MOD thread.

looking for it now

#1413 5 years ago

I just got the "classic" fear of the dark animation. Awesome! Is there something that triggers it, or is it just random?

#1414 5 years ago

Got around to adding some mods. Orb, sarcophagus and eye mod from Lermods. Figures picked up local for 15 bucks apiece still in packaging and plane was from eBay. I just added a bracket. Now just need to find some inner art blades I like.

0F30C2D2-0DE7-4BCA-9D47-4927F9F9C938 (resized).jpeg0F30C2D2-0DE7-4BCA-9D47-4927F9F9C938 (resized).jpeg8D803D00-80BF-48FD-90B7-FA0D04E187C8 (resized).jpeg8D803D00-80BF-48FD-90B7-FA0D04E187C8 (resized).jpegA016CE04-7617-42A0-A307-51C5FC1A1D30 (resized).jpegA016CE04-7617-42A0-A307-51C5FC1A1D30 (resized).jpegBF0C06B7-A707-4632-961D-0DD7EB1F5847 (resized).jpegBF0C06B7-A707-4632-961D-0DD7EB1F5847 (resized).jpegC70BB180-0A7C-4972-B0B5-C3F83B56BC55 (resized).jpegC70BB180-0A7C-4972-B0B5-C3F83B56BC55 (resized).jpeg
#1415 5 years ago

Just a heads up for those considering side blades, ZY mentioned on a recent podcast he is making them, just not released yet.
May be worth holding off a bit to see them.

#1416 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Just a heads up for those considering side blades, ZY mentioned on a recent podcast he is making them, just not released yet.
May be worth holding off a bit to see them.

Who is ZY ? Who ever he is I hope he comes up with something good. I've been hoping for something that blends in with the backboard. Don't care for anything that's out there now.

#1417 5 years ago

Thats awesome news! I was hoping he would do some. Thx Vino

#1418 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I have the regular Premium (not the Luci) but it is too early to tell, as I love the AC/DC quite a bit.
Artwork on IMDN is definitely better for me, but there is a bit too many balls and craziness for my brain right now. This may change as I learn it and adjust, but so far I like the general play/flow of AC/DC better (I am sure I will get burnt on a stake for saying that).
The IMDN playfield feels a bit underlit to me out of the box and I think the sound might even be better on the AC/DC? Is that nuts?
Too early to tell. It is a really fun pin.

Thank you very much for your honesty. ACDC prem is my favourite band pin and I too just love the flow. It is good to see that there are plenty of pinsiders that cannot work out the game play on IMDN after a few games. I really like that. I cannot wait to have a go on IMDN, they have only just landed in Australia. We are seriously considering selling our MET prem to buy an IMDN. Plenty of time to make out mind up.

#1419 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Where are cards posted?

page 26
Post #1286 is where you can find apron cards for your pin, Scott from PinStadium posted them.

#1420 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Who is ZY ? Who ever he is I hope he comes up with something good. I've been hoping for something that blends in with the backboard. Don't care for anything that's out there now.

Uhhhh Zombie Yeti lol. Only the man responsible for all the artwork on Iron Maiden

#1421 5 years ago

Defeated the emporor earlier today on SW; and now just battled the beast. I’m having quite the Pinball euphoria rush today

9DA5FF93-D626-4068-B96E-8F9F672D7D75 (resized).jpeg9DA5FF93-D626-4068-B96E-8F9F672D7D75 (resized).jpeg

#1422 5 years ago

I'm going to put mirror blades on mine for now. Then when something I like comes along I'll buy that and swap the mirror blades onto my ACDC

#1423 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I just placed an order for mine. Now I play the waiting game. I will have Metallica and iron maiden in a two pin lineup.

Me too!

46ECACD0-0748-4AA4-9367-3A26A4037D2C (resized).jpeg46ECACD0-0748-4AA4-9367-3A26A4037D2C (resized).jpeg
#1424 5 years ago

You can go into standard adjustments and set back box lighting to 25% and I believe you will like the look as apposed to 100%.

#1425 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I just got the "classic" fear of the dark animation. Awesome! Is there something that triggers it, or is it just random?

I had that happen a couple of days ago too - don't know why - and it made me laugh. I hope it stays!

#1426 5 years ago

-deleted-double post- (sorry!)

#1427 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I wouldn't bother. Almost every modern pin has sharp edges that will scratch balls. The balls will smooth the edges over time and lessen the effect. Your tape will last two, maybe three hits before the same process takes effect. Tumble your balls of you're that worried, but scratched ball damage is over rated. Just ask any major operator. I've seen modern stern machines left neglected for years with dull balls from years of scratches. Clean the grime off and you have a very nice playfield.

Fair enough. It may not be worth the effort but I'll keep an eye on it and see.

While I don't doubt that modern extra-thick clearcoats are pretty durable it is also a well known fact that using a worn ball over an extended period can destroy a playfield.

I'll also try putting these balls through my polisher but I doubt some of those horizontal cuts are coming out.

#1428 5 years ago

Had my best game this morning, got to Cyborg Multiball! 558 Million! I think changing all my songs to Megadeth helped!!

#1429 5 years ago

I am about to pull the trigger on a NIB Iron Maiden Pro to put next to my Walking Dead. I ended up playing one this weekend for an hour. The ball times felt long but I didn't mind. I figured it would be a good change to TWD's brutal play.

#1430 5 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I am about to pull the trigger on a NIB Iron Maiden Pro to put next to my Walking Dead. I ended up playing one this weekend for an hour. The ball times felt long but I didn't mind. I figured it would be a good change to TWD's brutal play.

I've put about 40 games on mine and yes I've had a few long ball times, but not all the time. I've definitely had some short quick games. I find the ramp shots very challenging which I like, not easy, but not impossible. And i think you could easily change the settings to make it more difficult to start certain multi ball modes if you were just crushing it all the time.

#1431 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Fair enough. It may not be worth the effort but I'll keep an eye on it and see.
While I don't doubt that modern extra-thick clearcoats are pretty durable it is also a well known fact that using a worn ball over an extended period can destroy a playfield.
I'll also try putting these balls through my polisher but I doubt some of those horizontal cuts are coming out.

I tumble 3 times a year. Some balls will still have slight scratches that are somewhat smoothed by the process. I'm no so sure it is a well known fact that scratched balls eat playfields to the point of them being a serious concern. Heard it a million times on here, but I never see modern pins with good clear (post early system 11) with clear worn through. Again, ask operators with thousands of plays on their machines how often they change/polish balls. Many will answer never. Most routed w/b machines were played a zillion times with balls more scratched than an itchy ballsack. I'd say that today's clear looks better than the 90s stuff, which was excellent. To me, it's almost a non issue.

#1432 5 years ago

The stuff that made me love Iron Maiden...Bruce Dickinson did great songs for the band but it doesn't sound right when he sings this one. This and Killers have to go on my machine.

#1433 5 years ago

Don’t think they posted yet, but Stern just dropped new Iron Maiden code 1.01. Looks like big fixes.

#1434 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Don’t think they posted yet, but Stern just dropped new Iron Maiden code 1.01. Looks like big fixes.

That's nice of you, Zach, to keep an eye out on a machine you're about to get rid of. Enjoy your BM66!

#1435 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

My Pro just left the factory yesterday, 6-20, I wonder if will have this 1.01 code?

#1436 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCount:

My Pro just left the factory yesterday, 6-20, I wonder if will have this 1.01 code?

I'm thinking not. You'll get to update it yourself.

#1437 5 years ago

OK, I was tired of having the auto launch bang off the post so I went back into it again today, and seemed to have fixed it (we'll see...). If you are having this issue, check to make sure the ball is not just grazing the tip of the upper right flipper as mine was. Adjusted the guide in just enough to keep the ball from hitting the flipper--much better!

#1438 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

OK, I was tired of having the auto launch bang off the post so I went back into it again today, and seemed to have fixed it (we'll see...). If you are having this issue, check to make sure the ball is not just grazing the tip of the upper right flipper as mine was. Adjusted the guide in just enough to keep the ball from hitting the flipper--much better!

Holding the flipper up helps. It's better to have it on the flipper side of things than the post. When I nudge, my game sometimes goes slightly off level, which also affects this issue. If it goes out again, check leveling first as it's the easier fix. This is the most finicky pin I've ever owned, but soooooo much fun when it works. When it doesn't, like when it auto-launches, hits the post and drains, I want to smash the glass. The devil prodding me makes it all the better!

#1439 5 years ago

Picture of my son and I right after the Book of Souls show. We were on the barricade the whole show, and both went home with wristbands from Nicko. He took the time to come over and hand the drumstick to my son personally, and tossed him the wristband. It was awesome... but slightly disgusting, as those bands were SOAKED. He is one sweaty bastage.

Gonna have me a Maiden machine sooner or later.

Maiden (resized).pngMaiden (resized).png
#1440 5 years ago

Nicko works his ass off during their concerts--he must lose five pounds, easy.

#1441 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCount:

Mine still had .98, finally arrived today!
MAY ”O” 29 - Can I play with Madness?!
Oh yeah!
2B938AD5-B395-4D16-9939-C286DC9630C2 (resized).jpeg2B938AD5-B395-4D16-9939-C286DC9630C2 (resized).jpeg

#1442 5 years ago

I received and set up my LE yesterday. What an amazing pin!
It plays well with no apparent switch issues. The plunge is somewhat random at times though.
I updated the code to last night's drop. I have to say: The playfield lighting during modes and general play is exceptional. Incredible attention to detail. Kudos to Keith and everyone involved with this pin!

#1443 5 years ago

Not to tell anyone how to parent, but yer boy looks pretty sunburnt. Maybe up the spf a little?
Up the spf and UP THE IRONS!

#1444 5 years ago

Last weekend I watched Violent Steve backhand the left ramp and I've been in hot pursuit ever since. Finally nailed one. Also had my first auto plunge brick off the post during Trooper. Not too concerned...yet. So stoked that team KMFE got some of the clipping issues sorted out....UUUGGE difference in sound now.
Damn I love this machine.

#1445 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I received and set up my LE yesterday. What an amazing pin!
It plays well with no apparent switch issues. The plunge is somewhat random at times though.
I updated the code to last night's drop. I have to say: The playfield lighting during modes and general play is exceptional. Incredible attention to detail. Kudos to Keith and everyone involved with this pin!

What!? TNA is gone...IMDN music in crwjumper’s ears...I never thought that would happen after hearing you on Owl’s stream

#1446 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

What!? TNA is gone...IMDN music in crwjumper’s ears...I never thought that would happen after hearing you on Owl’s stream

I love me some TNA - one of the best games of this generation by any account. Amazing layout, rules and music design. Really respect and admire Scott Danesi for his first effort. It’s better than most other major manufacturers pins that are designed by seasoned veteran teams. But it was in my “rotation” slot. My keepers are ST Premium, TWD Premium and Dialed In LE. I’ll probably sell on my IMDN LE in a few months to buy whatever Steve Ritchie’s swan song pin is going to be. I really should buy a bigger house so I can own more pins!!! And you can bet that when I do TNA will be one of the first pins that I’ll be buying. I miss it a lot already.
And yeah - I really don’t care for Iron Maiden’s music. But I have to say the sound system on the LE is outstanding. Sometimes when the wife and kid are out I crank that puppy up LOUD. All of the sound effects are amazing when run through that system.

#1447 5 years ago

TNA is a snoozer when compared to Maiden, Imo.

#1448 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I can't see how you can call TNA a snoozer. It's fast and intense. I agree that maiden is a better pin though.

#1449 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

If you understand the objectives and are really trying to beat it it, TNA is one of the most adrenaline inducing pins around, IMO. Don’t sell it short. It will make a good player better and an excellent player crazy trying to beat it.
It is obviously a completely different design than most modern pins: no ramps, toys, etc. But for a good pinball player it is a study in ball control and reaction time. The audio is amazing, the light show is second to none etc. But I don’t want to hijack this thread. Carry on.

#1450 5 years ago

That's all cool for the TNA thread, this one is about Iron Maiden.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
There are 15,592 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 312.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.