(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,653 posts
  • 1,042 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 314.
#1301 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

What’s the big deal? Number of the beast wizard mode! I can play this thing like Mozart plays a piano.

As long as the glass was on, 6.5+ pitch, factory settings, 3 ball and open outlanes,

Very cool if if you are so naturally dialled in on the beast !

Well done man !

#1302 5 years ago

a picture of my pro with 3 neca figures. so have you guys found the super secret skillshot yet in the new 1.0 code ?

IMG_20180529_003638 (resized).jpgIMG_20180529_003638 (resized).jpg
#1303 5 years ago

The "can i play with madness" mode is not available in pro version?

#1304 5 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

salut

pourquoi tu me crois pas ?

a+

#1305 5 years ago

Still needs a Powerslave mini wizard mode haha

#1306 5 years ago
Quoted from metwurcht:

salut
pourquoi tu me crois pas ?
a+

Lol, bien sur que je te crois.
J'avais posté le message à la fois sur fj et sur pinside (suite à ta première réponse sur fj ou tu parlais à la fois de ce mode et du mode rajoué)

#1307 5 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

I don’t think so, haven’t played new version yet. But I noticed It’s in the feature adjustments #159, and if you turn it off it’ll crash the system so I recommend DO NOT TOUCH that adjustment

#1308 5 years ago
Quoted from menlivet:

so have you guys found the super secret skillshot yet in the new 1.0 code ?

I read plunge to the left outline. I think it was for 30M points.

#1309 5 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

I read plunge to the left outline. I think it was for 30M points.

Yep, that's one of them. Sounds like there are others as well. I believe it was actually 25M points, as well as a ball save, and probably some other things.

#1310 5 years ago

In the pro model:
In the options of the game, option 159 madness mode, it is indicated NO.
What is this mode?

#1311 5 years ago

Isn't that the mode that disables the flippers and slam tilts the game when you plunge the ball?

#1312 5 years ago

Anyone make a soundtrack mp3 file yet for this game? Id be interested

#1313 5 years ago

Anyone figure out "Skill Shot - added Super Secret Skill shots". Hopefully it's not a secret for long.

#1314 5 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

In the pro model:
What is this mode?

Its a special mode only available in the LE and Premium. Keith discussed this mode on a recent podcast last week.

#1315 5 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

In the pro model:
What is this mode?

I tried changing this setting on my Pro and it reset my CPU so proceed with caution.

#1316 5 years ago

My son found the secret skill shot by accident about 30 min after we installed new code... I almost dont want to spoil it its kinda funny

#1317 5 years ago
Quoted from DragonPin:

My son found the secret skill shot by accident about 30 min after we installed new code... I almost dont want to spoil it its kinda funny

Short Plunge straight to left outlane.

#1318 5 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

On the sixth day of the sixth month six balls were loaded into Iron Maiden.

That just a coincidence I tell ya, A COINCIDENCE!!!!!!

#1319 5 years ago

CongoMaiden secret skill shots FTW!
Glad to see the ol’ Archer cab tribute added in to 1.0 KME.

#1320 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Short Plunge straight to left outlane.

This would have really helped me in the pin-golf tournament where I did this 2 times to take a 5.

#1321 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

This would have really helped me in the pin-golf tournament where I did this 2 times to take a 5.

Honestly I have no idea. It's a random guess. I have yet to test, but I do recall a recent podcast where someone was discussing plunges to the left outlane.

#1322 5 years ago

As a huge Iron Maiden fan, I never really enjoyed listening to Can I Play with Madness and, to a lesser extent, Flight of Icarus. So I spent a good amount of time these past couple of days editing two replacement songs for these tracks. I still wanted the songs to match each mode's theme and I'm extremely happy with the way they turned out.

(The following comments refer to code 1.00):

- Can I Play with Madness (Script 0x330) is replaced with Sea of Madness (at 130% volume).
- Flight of Icarus (Script 0x34D) is replaced with Be Quick or Be Dead (at 150% volume).
- (Incomplete) Wasted Years will be replaced with Caught Somewhere in Time (to better match Cyborg Multiball). It'll probably be a while until I finish this edit... At least Wasted Years isn't bad - I just think CSiT is better.

Obviously, I had to alter the arrangements of these tracks to compensate for the timing differences, but most of it was just splicing the sound at the right places. I also used the remastered versions of each song (after buying/downloading off of Amazon Music), so you need to adjust the volume settings to match the existing tracks (see the comments above for the appropriate volume levels when importing into Pinball Browser).

The last thing worth noting is that I have not bothered to create a sound loop for the pre-plunge track that's played whenever "select a song" is disabled in the system settings... I just don't have time for that right now.

Because of licensing issues and whatnot, I don't think I can post a link to these replacement tracks, but feel free to PM me if you're interested in trying them out. You'll still need Pinball Browser to access and edit the sound files - I'm only sharing the replacement files themselves.

#1323 5 years ago

My premium hasn't arrived yet but I have a question. This may be silly but can you make an attract mode play a song (say every 1/2 hour). I would love to have UFOs Doctor Doctor. Every time I hear it I'm back to my youth waiting for Maiden to come out.

#1324 5 years ago

Good question man. I haven't updated yet. For those that have, is there an attract mode yet?
In .94 there is none.
Great idea too. I mean, that track absolutely belongs on here somewhere. Attract mode would be perfect.

#1325 5 years ago
Quoted from toymin80r:

As a huge Iron Maiden fan, I never really enjoyed listening to Can I Play with Madness and, to a lesser extent, Flight of Icarus. So I spent a good amount of time these past couple of days editing two replacement songs for these tracks. I still wanted the songs to match each mode's theme and I'm extremely happy with the way they turned out.
(The following comments refer to code 1.00):
- Can I Play with Madness (Script 0x330) is replaced with Sea of Madness (at 130% volume).
- Flight of Icarus (Script 0x34D) is replaced with Be Quick or Be Dead (at 150% volume).
- (Incomplete) Wasted Years will be replaced with Caught Somewhere in Time (to better match Cyborg Multiball). It'll probably be a while until I finish this edit... At least Wasted Years isn't bad - I just think CSiT is better.
Obviously, I had to alter the arrangements of these tracks to compensate for the timing differences, but most of it was just splicing the sound at the right places. I also used the remastered versions of each song (after buying/downloading off of Amazon Music), so you need to adjust the volume settings to match the existing tracks (see the comments above for the appropriate volume levels when importing into Pinball Browser).
The last thing worth noting is that I have not bothered to create a sound loop for the pre-plunge track that's played whenever "select a song" is disabled in the system settings... I just don't have time for that right now.
Because of licensing issues and whatnot, I don't think I can post a link to these replacement tracks, but feel free to PM me if you're interested in trying them out. You'll still need Pinball Browser to access and edit the sound files - I'm only sharing the replacement files themselves.

CIPWM is one of my lesser favorites as well, but this machine actually has me liking it more. Somewhere in Time on here would be fantastic.

#1326 5 years ago

I think I found a bug. If you start a 2 player game and on the second player ball, if your going thru the song list it will go into ball search and shoot out your ball. Can anyone confirm? I have a premium with 1.0 code

#1327 5 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

I think I found a bug. If you start a 2 player game and on the second player ball, if your going thru the song list it will go into ball search and shoot out your ball. Can anyone confirm? I have a premium with 1.0 code

Orb switch? Good place to start. Probably not gapped correctly anyhow.

#1328 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Good question man. I haven't updated yet. For those that have, is there an attract mode yet?
In .94 there is none.
Great idea too. I mean, that track absolutely belongs on here somewhere. Attract mode would be perfect.

There are a lot of smart Pinsiders here, somebody will nail this.

#1329 5 years ago

Just want to say that I got my premium , my third NIB , went MET , AFMr and exchange my AFMr for Iron Maiden and could not be more Happy!!!! This pin comes together like no other , even if you dislike the music , and I mean it, anyway just happy with it and is a keeper, hard to pinpoint why but a real thrill !

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1330 5 years ago

Chalk another one up in the LA area. Temporary setup before it gets kicked out of the living room and into the gameroom

Cab art truly does look way better in person.

Havent played a game yet as I have to welcome it in with a fresh coat of wax, but its finally home!

20180608_174804 (resized).jpg20180608_174804 (resized).jpg20180608_174810 (resized).jpg20180608_174810 (resized).jpg20180608_220608 (resized).jpg20180608_220608 (resized).jpg20180608_220748 (resized).jpg20180608_220748 (resized).jpg
#1331 5 years ago

So I'm not an iron maiden fan... like... at all. And yet the game does look awesome. Anyone here think the theme can be sorta overlooked and still enjoy the game? I love Metallica and dont care about that theme either, mostly because the game focuses more on the things IN the game like snakes and sparky. Would you say it's the same thing here?

#1332 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I'm not an iron maiden fan... like... at all. And yet the game does look awesome. Anyone here think the theme can be sorta overlooked and still enjoy the game? I love Metallica and dont care about that theme either, mostly because the game focuses more on the things IN the game like snakes and sparky. Would you say it's the same thing here?

I think their music is like fingernails on a chalkboard but I bought one after I played it five times at Allentown. It's a fun game.

#1333 5 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Chalk another one up in the LA area. Temporary setup before it gets kicked out of the living room and into the gameroom
Cab art truly does look way better in person.
Havent played a game yet as I have to welcome it in with a fresh coat of wax, but its finally home!

You have a full edition based on the Powerslave album. One would think we'd get some kind of mini wizard or Powerslave mode yet, right?

Trooper is the pro with a main multi all, Number of the Beast is a wizard mode. Powerslave has what?

#1334 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

More
You have a full edition based on the Powerslave album. One would think we'd get some kind of mini wizard or Powerslave mode yet, right?
Trooper is the pro with a main multi all, Number of the Beast is a wizard mode. Powerslave has what?

Mummy multiball is based on it .

#1335 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Plus the “Power Pyramids”.

#1336 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So in fact this is not an Iron Maiden band theme at all, but rather the theme is based of a series of comic books that themselves are based off the songs and Eddie mascot from Iron Maiden the band (Legacy of the Beast).

So if you were read the comics then you could get into the theme of the game without concern about Iron Maiden the band, though their songs do play in the game but are amazing soundtracks for pinball anyway.

For Iron Maiden “the band” fans like myself the Legacy of the Beast theme is not really what we wanted, but rather the sharper slightly more sinister Eddie that has been the bands mascot for decades. This is the main issue I have with the Prem translite art it’s pure LotB, with a more cartoony take on it. The LE BG has the closest representation to the classic Eddie art IMHO, mostly because it’s not a row of cartoon characters.

Of course, the latest band tour is also based off of The Legacy of the Beast.

In any case, Legacy of the Beast is a pretty decent theme for a pinball machine, though maybe they should have included the comics with the game so folks would have an idea what it was all about.

#1337 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

More

The entire game?

#1338 5 years ago

Put my order in for a Premium! Can't wait!

#1339 5 years ago

After months of stalking these threads, as of yesterday, I’m officially in the Club! What a game! Anyone got mirror blades on their pro? Looks tight but I’d really like to add some to brighten it up! Anyone add any spotlights anywhere yet?

#1340 5 years ago

I AM AN AUTONOMOUS UPVOTING ROBOT
haha this machine IS just that good.

#1341 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

After months of stalking these threads, as of yesterday, I’m officially in the Club! What a game! Anyone got mirror blades on their pro? Looks tight but I’d really like to add some to brighten it up! Anyone add any spotlights anywhere yet?

At some point going to go with black mirror blades as think they would look pretty cool.

#1342 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

My LE is still on the boat to Australia
I plan to add spots,

Pinstadium looks cool but not for me on this title.

If I had a Pro

I'd be so down for these !

Awesome work PinGraffix 10/10 !

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/iron-maiden-pinball-pinblades

pin 1 (resized).JPGpin 1 (resized).JPGpin 2 (resized).JPGpin 2 (resized).JPG
#1343 5 years ago

Stumbled across this little Gem tonight !

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-05/iron-maiden-in-australia/7387918

wat (resized).JPGwat (resized).JPG
#1344 5 years ago

For anyone that loves this pin but isn't wild about the iron maiden theme, has anyone considered replacing the songs with their instrumental versions? That way you still get the songs without the singing? I was thinking about this, and it would just make the game more like a better sounding Judge Dredd?

#1345 5 years ago

Give the songs a chance! They become very exciting and will become stuck in your head! That’s a good thing..

I find myself hearing 2 minuets to midnight during my work day..

Can I play with madness!!

All day..

This Pin rocks.

#1346 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

...has anyone considered replacing the songs with their instrumental versions? That way you still get the songs without the singing?

If you're going to the trouble of replacing songs why bother with music you don't like? You would have to create your own instrumental versions of the songs if your goal is a song of the same length with any snippets in the same place in case they are used for other sound effects, they don't currently exist. I would think karaoke software is most likely to do that.

#1347 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

More
My LE is still on the boat to Australia
I plan to add spots,
Pinstadium looks cool but not for me on this title.
If I had a Pro
I'd be so down for these !
Awesome work PinGraffix 10/10 !
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/iron-maiden-pinball-pinblades

Those do look sweet, but I just don’t care for the art on the sides as much as I like mirror blades. I’ve got the creeping death blades on my metallica and while I like it.. every time I go to my buddies and look at his metallica I note how much cleaner and brighter it looks. That said, if my maiden is too tight for blades I’ll likely go this route

#1348 5 years ago

Just joined the club after buying a show game from Marco Specalties for SFGE. Loving it so far, I'm a fan of Iron Maiden so it would have been silly for me to not end up getting one of these eventually. Might as well be now...

Question for the group, what is the easiest/cheapest way to step up the sound quality a bit, without an external sub? I need to read back through the thread focusing more on sound improvements. It sounds good stock, but seems just a little "tinny" our something. Just looking for a little improvement, I'm not an audiophile. Not sure if just a replacement cab woofer is the way to go, or if the head speakers are needed too/instead for the best bang for your buck.

#1349 5 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Just joined the club after buying a show game from Marco Specalties for SFGE. Loving it so far, I'm a fan of Iron Maiden so it would have been silly for me to not end up getting one of these eventually. Might as well be now...
Question for the group, what is the easiest/cheapest way to step up the sound quality a bit, without an external sub? I need to read back through the thread focusing more on sound improvements. It sounds good stock, but seems just a little "tinny" our something. Just looking for a little improvement, I'm not an audiophile. Not sure if just a replacement cab woofer is the way to go, or if the head speakers are needed too/instead for the best bang for your buck.

Thinking maybe this is the answer? Toying with buying a set. Can get 10 inch but not keen on glass rattle.

https://flipperfidelity.com/sound/stern-speaker-systems/stern-spike-speaker-system-with-8-high-output-woofer.html

#1350 5 years ago

Hi everyone,
Could you tell me if you can listen to the different tracks in the test menu ?

When I go to Diag/Spkr in the test menu, #0 is INVALID and #1 does not play anything.

Is it a bug ? I have install firmware 1.0 with a full update (but the problem was there since day #1 with code 0.94)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 314.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.