(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,434 posts
  • 1,029 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Sorokyl
  • Topic is favorited by 496 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240223-144254-090 (resized).png
IMG_6700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6697 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6696 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240215_155537953 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240215_155510384 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240215_162421727 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240215_151511558 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240215_151728276 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240215_152329093 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240215_155002780 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240215_153908124 (resized).jpg
20240215_170458 (resized).jpg
375B8042-8BFA-41B0-9E08-CCC7E8E68417 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 268 of 309.
#13351 8 months ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Brought my Pro home yesterday and spent this morning getting it dialed in and shaker installed. The launch guide was way off, I had to take it out and bend it to get the ball to go up the left loop. The screw slot wasn't enough to shallow out the hard left hook. Shooting perfect now![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So are you saying the ball is supposed to auto plunge to the loop? Had mine for a couple weeks now and has only done this once after MANY games

#13352 8 months ago
Quoted from Kidkoffee:

So are you saying the ball is supposed to auto plunge to the loop? Had mine for a couple weeks now and has only done this once after MANY games

My shooter lane guide rail needed some tweaking as well. I had to loosen the plastic, take off the gate bracket, loosen the pictured screw, and finally push the guide rails up and tighten this screw.

This video is post adjustment, the manual and auto plunge are buttery smooth now.

IMG_7265 (resized).jpegIMG_7265 (resized).jpegIMG_7266 (resized).jpegIMG_7266 (resized).jpeg

#13353 8 months ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

My shooter lane guide rail needed some tweaking as well. I had to loosen the plastic, take off the gate bracket, loosen the pictured screw, and finally push the guide rails up and tighten this screw.
This video is post adjustment, the manual and auto plunge are buttery smooth now.

[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, thanks. Didn’t even consider this…always attempting the plunger to left outlane super, but man…all those multiball auto-plunges Will honestly be curious to see if this helps or hurts my score now haha. Great video too.

#13354 8 months ago
Quoted from Kidkoffee:

Awesome, thanks. Didn’t even consider this…always attempting the plunger to left outlane super, but man…all those multiball auto-plunges Will honestly be curious to see if this helps or hurts my score now haha. Great video too.

If your manual plunges rarely fail to make the loop but the auto one does, smaller chance it's that rail adjustment. Start by checking to see if the prongs from the auto plunger are centered.

Now if it fails on both manual and auto, this game is super picky on a bunch of variables being perfect. These are the ones people have experienced in varying degrees.

1. Clean playfield. A small smudge from the coil or rubber residue a ball leaves behind can shift the course as it travels out the lane

2. That metal ball guide has a rough edge at it's exit end. A fine file can be used to smoothen the edges

3. Curvature of the ball guide is off (as was just suggested and how to fix it).

4. The initial centered guide area where the ball lands on when elected from the through can get chipped if the coil power is too powerful. This one is a little rarer and rougher to fix if the clear coat chipped. This one was my issue and was fixed when I installed a metal lane protector. Wasn't the intention that it would fix it, because didn't know it was my issue, but it worked out that I won't from a 1 in 10 success to a 99% success making around them loop.

Most people recommend the first two to look at first, and fixes the majority of failed loops and easiest/quickest to try out

#13355 8 months ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I Find this sort of adjustment isn’t a once only a fair. I fixed mine a while ago and it’s started to go off again. One of those things that will require a tweak maybe once every 2 years or so. NGG launch was the same for me. I wish all orbits had room for adjustment like this. Would make life easier.

#13356 8 months ago
Quoted from Kidkoffee:

Yes on multiball, the game will auto-plunge balls and trap them in the upper orbit section, before releasing them all at once. Makes for a cool effect once you get it dialed in

#13357 8 months ago

Anyone else been waiting 6 months for Tilttopper’s IMDN topper or am I just fallen through the cracks?

#13358 8 months ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

++1 for the pinstadiums. I've said before and I'll say it again (here it comes) I can't imagine this game without them.

Agreed as I installedc the

Quoted from jackd104:

Anyone else been waiting 6 months for Tilttopper’s IMDN topper or am I just fallen through the cracks?

Nope same here.i sent a email last week and they responded they were behind. Also note that this particular person was coming back from being off. They let me know if they would follow up I. A few days which has not happened yet.

#13359 8 months ago

I have waiting almost a year and a half. I think I have been told 27 times it will ship in the next couple weeks. Just got another response 3 weeks ago it was going to go out next week. Still not hear. This has to be some kind of record.

#13360 8 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:Anyone else been waiting 6 months for Tilttopper’s IMDN topper or am I just fallen through the cracks?

I ordered at the end of November and got mine a week or two ago. Cool topper worth the wait. But I was definitely getting tired of hearing it will be a couple more weeks every month i checked in.

#13361 8 months ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

After selecting the song you want, bump the plunger so the ball touches the first rollover switch. That "locks" the song selection.

Thank you that worked;

——————————————————————
Few questions what are the recommended settings for :

A) trough eject power

B) auto-launch power

C) upper left flipper strength(bump it up a bit to 200?)

D) upper right flipper strength (default?)
————————————————

Now let’s talk about some of the games shots and difficulty levels

1)Is backhanding the left orb shot supposed to be hard?

~I can rarely do it from the left flipper trapped. Usually it happens on the fly

~Forehanding that orb shot is super fast and dangerous! I’ve had many a ricochet back SDTM.

2)right ramp way harder to hit then left atm for me;

is it possible to backhand either ramp not on the fly but trapped?

It seems like this gameplay is constant flow and not really stop and go the fact that there is no real scoop (pro)is a nice change….

Appreciate the helping of a newcomer and I think this game is unreal!

Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Brought my Pro home yesterday and spent this morning getting it dialed in and shaker installed. The launch guide was way off, I had to take it out and bend it to get the ball to go up the left loop. The screw slot wasn't enough to shallow out the hard left hook. Shooting perfect now![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Woah! Wait just a second here ?!?!?!

when you launch the ball it’s supposed to go up left loop? (I assume left orbit)

This is actually impossible in my game cause of the angle there is no way !!: it hits the skill shot target every time automatically lol

Here is a pic attached of my ball guide…

Hopefully my tech can fix this for me I had no idea !!!

4C097DA4-3D57-4F62-B3CA-620FAB7316F8 (resized).jpeg4C097DA4-3D57-4F62-B3CA-620FAB7316F8 (resized).jpeg
#13362 8 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thank you that worked;
——————————————————————
Few questions what are the recommended settings for :
A) trough eject power
B) auto-launch power
C) upper left flipper strength(bump it up a bit to 200?)
D) upper right flipper strength (default?)
————————————————
~I can rarely do it from the left flipper trapped. Usually it happens on the fly
~Forehanding that orb shot is super fast and dangerous! I’ve had many a ricochet back SDTM.
It seems like this gameplay is constant flow and not really stop and go the fact that there is no real scoop (pro)is a nice change….

when you launch the ball it’s supposed to go up left loop? (I assume left orbit)
This is actually impossible in my game cause of the angle there is no way !!: it hits the skill shot target every time automatically lol
Hopefully my tech can fix this for me I had no idea !!![quoted image]

A - as low as it goes and still kicks out, think mine is the lowest possible allowed by settings
B,C & D - all default

The auto plunge should go around the big loop not the left orbit.

Personally I don’t think backhand to orb is a difficult shot but we all have different strengths.

#13363 8 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

A - as low as it goes and still kicks out, think mine is the lowest possible allowed by settings
B,C & D - all default
The auto plunge should go around the big loop not the left orbit.
Personally I don’t think backhand to orb is a difficult shot but we all have different strengths.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Yes I mean the big loop not the left orbit I named it wrong.

It doesn’t look like there’s much space to bend/push it in I’ll have my tech hopefully fix it;

It’s still under warranty. I am not confident enough to do this I’m a beginner…

every time I try to fix something I get nervous and really sweaty palms that makes it very hard to handle tools and washers/nuts/screws I’m afraid to hurt the machine .

I had no idea It was supposed to go around that big loop must make a big difference in multi ball.

Here’s another pic if that helps do you think It could tuck it in as suggested I know even 1-2 millimeters can make or break it

Is that gap in my pic supposed to be flush it looks like a huge space ….can anyone comment on that gap?

Many thanks again I greatly appreciate your guy’s expertise
—-/——————-/-/————-/———-/——

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#13364 8 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Yes I mean the big loop not the left orbit I named it wrong.
It doesn’t look like there’s much space to bend/push it in I’ll have my tech hopefully fix it;
every time I try to fix something I get nervous and really sweaty palms that makes it very hard to handle tools and washers/nuts/screws I’m afraid to hurt the machine .
I had no idea It was supposed to go around that big loop must make a big difference in multi ball.
Here’s another pic if that helps do you think It could tuck it in as suggested I know even 1-2 millimeters can make or break it
Is that gap in my pic supposed to be flush it looks like a huge space ….can anyone comment on that gap?
—-/——————-/-/————-/———-/——[quoted image][quoted image]

I posted about this a day or two ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/268#post-7628373

Your tech should be able to fix this very quickly if you are not comfortable.

#13365 8 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

It doesnt need to be flush, as far as the shape of the guide and the art border. Like on mine, the end of that guide is closer to the black art border than yours is and doesnt have issues making that full orbit. You'll find a good amount of posts in this thread with different solutions and some will swear their fix is the only fix needed...but....there seems to be subtle differences and problems to look at. The post I made earlier summarized the stuff people posted and what I tried...and what worked for me. But mine was somewhat rarer issue. The best way to start diagnosing is to take a solid video of the plunge, both manual and automatic, in order to go in slow-mo and try to narrow down where the ball path starts to get wobbly. For you, it seems that if it both auto and manual close to 100% of the time shoots it downward and hits the center target, leaning towards either shifting that guide or sanding the edge as it exit. If its a bit rough it'll slightly shifted downward as it hugs that exit path.

#13366 8 months ago

I’ve heard that this run is the final one, Maiden will then be archived
Been a great 5 year cycle

#13367 8 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Mine got moved all the way right and even then I had to bend it some because the ball was going too far left.

20230617_155252 (resized).jpg20230617_155252 (resized).jpg
#13369 8 months ago

For added reference, this is how my guide looks

PXL_20230617_230655421 (resized).jpgPXL_20230617_230655421 (resized).jpg
#13370 8 months ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

If your manual plunges rarely fail to make the loop but the auto one does, smaller chance it's that rail adjustment. Start by checking to see if the prongs from the auto plunger are centered.
Now if it fails on both manual and auto, this game is super picky on a bunch of variables being perfect. These are the ones people have experienced in varying degrees.
1. Clean playfield. A small smudge from the coil or rubber residue a ball leaves behind can shift the course as it travels out the lane
2. That metal ball guide has a rough edge at it's exit end. A fine file can be used to smoothen the edges
3. Curvature of the ball guide is off (as was just suggested and how to fix it).
4. The initial centered guide area where the ball lands on when elected from the through can get chipped if the coil power is too powerful. This one is a little rarer and rougher to fix if the clear coat chipped. This one was my issue and was fixed when I installed a metal lane protector. Wasn't the intention that it would fix it, because didn't know it was my issue, but it worked out that I won't from a 1 in 10 success to a 99% success making around them loop.
Most people recommend the first two to look at first, and fixes the majority of failed loops and easiest/quickest to try out

Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Yes on multiball, the game will auto-plunge balls and trap them in the upper orbit section, before releasing them all at once. Makes for a cool effect once you get it dialed in

Quoted from SirMachismo:

I posted about this a day or two ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/268#post-7628373
Your tech should be able to fix this very quickly if you are not comfortable.

Thanks for all comments and bringing attention to this issue. This is why this site is gold to pinheads! Rail adjustment all the way in 1st try has all my manual plunges smoothly going around. Love it. Auto plunges went from zero to about 50% now, so will need a little more tweaking. I always instal Cliffy’s, which I love, but I’ve had plunge issues before due to this. I suspect this here as well, but much better now.

#13371 8 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thank you that worked;
——————————————————————

————————————————

Hopefully my tech can fix this for me I had no idea !!![quoted image]

1) Not really. Can be dangerous from either flip though.

2) I have never been able to backhand either ramp when trapped up. Right ramp backhand from right flip on the fly is extremely rare for me only happened a few times. Getting left ramp from backhand of left flip is a little more common on my game. Again very hard to execute.

If it helps, I found that I could only make these shots when game had near perfect L,R level and pitch set to 7 deg.

#13372 8 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

1) Not really. Can be dangerous from either flip though.
2) I have never been able to backhand either ramp when trapped up. Right ramp backhand from right flip on the fly is extremely rare for me only happened a few times. Getting left ramp from backhand of left flip is a little more common on my game. Again very hard to execute.
If it helps, I found that I could only make these shots when game had near perfect L,R level and pitch set to 7 deg.

Good thing it is easy to post pass in this game with the star posts. Backhanding is not really required (not like TMNT).

#13373 8 months ago

I was able to make the adjustment to my shooter lane guide to get auto launches and manual plunges into the left orbit and wow what a difference this makes! Now it’s going to bug me when I play on location and they aren’t set up like that!

#13374 8 months ago

mine is doing the same thing! will try this fix later! thanks all

#13375 8 months ago
Quoted from Hawks:

I’ve heard that this run is the final one, Maiden will then be archived
Been a great 5 year cycle

Yeah. Someone here mentioned 2024 run?? Have not heard anything about that possibility.

#13376 8 months ago

They probably will wait to see how their next couple of new titles are received. If they are hits then maybe they don't care to make more IMDN. The summer of Elwin likely brought to you by 007 and Rush.

#13377 8 months ago

Just joined the club - always loved this game when I played on location, so jumped at the opportunity to trade my Bond pro for an older pro.

What’s the ideal pitch? I currently have it at 6.5 - but it doesn’t feel quite dialed in (airballs, slipping off ramps, etc.)

#13378 8 months ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

Just joined the club - always loved this game when I played on location, so jumped at the opportunity to trade my Bond pro for an older pro.
What’s the ideal pitch? I currently have it at 6.5 - but it doesn’t feel quite dialed in (airballs, slipping off ramps, etc.)

I think most people go around 7-7.2 with this game. When you say slipping off ramps, do you mean the ball is coming off the wireforms on their way back down? If so you might want to reach out to Stern and see if they'll do a warranty replacement on the wireforms. Mine had the same issue and apparently some of the early wireforms had a defect that caused the ball to come off. Just might have to be patient, mine took over a year to get sent out.

#13379 8 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

I think most people go around 7-7.2 with this game. When you say slipping off ramps, do you mean the ball is coming off the wireforms on their way back down? If so you might want to reach out to Stern and see if they'll do a warranty replacement on the wireforms. Mine had the same issue and apparently some of the early wireforms had a defect that caused the ball to come off. Just might have to be patient, mine took over a year to get sent out.

Yes, ball falling off the ramps - didnt have the problem before I powder-coated, so my first guess is the pitch. But thanks for the heads up on the defect, that’s really good to know in case I can’t solve it.

#13380 8 months ago

what upgraded speakers that are easy for a beginner to install do you guys recommend and on a budget ?

i was about to order some pin sounds limited edition is that a good choice they are only 169 not bad...

#13381 8 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

what upgraded speakers that are easy for a beginner to install do you guys recommend and on a budget ?
i was about to order some pin sounds limited edition is that a good choice they are only 169 not bad...

I've enjoyed using these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NSCZ27W
and this for my sub: https://www.pinballlife.com/boom-boom-3000-8-speaker-upgrade-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html

#13382 8 months ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

thank you, thank you , thank you! Fixed mine in under 5 minutes. Works great every time!

#13383 8 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Pinsound/pinwoofer/etc is great but you could save money if you want. Check out the "improving sound the diy route"

With the most primitive soldering skills you can drop in these for a nice upgrade:
https://a.co/d/aNLFaks

If you can 3d print a bracket (or buy one) an easily upgrade to 5".

Lots of info there also on cabinet speakers, amps, etc.

If you don't care about a few hundred bucks, just buy the pinwoofer or equivalent that has the aml and everything.

#13384 8 months ago

Lol, someone from the factory didn’t understand the orb standup goes where the orb shot should be
IMG_1099 (resized).jpegIMG_1099 (resized).jpeg

#13385 8 months ago

Darn those temp workers…

#13386 8 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

These made a huge difference for me. I use a sub, but honestly don’t think it makes that much of a difference with these speakers installed. They also look better to me than more expensive options, and an easy, no-solder installation if that concerns you. Good luck!
https://www.pinballlife.com/rgb-led-round-speaker-upgrade-and-light-kit-for-most-stern-spike-2-pro-premium-machines.html

#13387 8 months ago

Thanks for the recommendations guys I’m going to get the pin sound speakers ;

Now let’s talk mods worth it

I’m looking on mezel mods for IMdN

Does anyone know the best must have mods ? I have the pro .

I’m curious in getting

-pharaoh red eyes
-right Egyptian ramp arch
-obelisk dome cover
-pinball orb mod (does it light up on the pro or only premium?)
-hieroglyphics flipper toppers
-pinball pyramid
-pinball coffin flasher

If anyone has experience or feedback on mods or have any of the aforementioned please chime in I would greatly appreciate it!

#13388 8 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

If anyone has experience or feedback on mods or have any of the aforementioned please chime in I would greatly appreciate it!

I would look through the topic image gallery (at the top of the page) as that has a visual record of every mod people in this thread have added to their machines. This might give you a good idea of what looks good and where on the machine and for which model.

#13389 8 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I’m curious in getting
-pharaoh red eyes
-obelisk dome cover
-pinball pyramid
-pinball coffin flasher

Be sure and get @pinmonk's various color changing kits for all the white inserts in the game.

#13390 8 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I’m curious in getting
-pharaoh red eyes
-obelisk dome cover
-pinball pyramid
-pinball coffin flasher

I think the speaker and coin door panels made by Wizard Mod really add to the enhancement of the game. If you don't mind spending the coin and can get on the list, I heard pinsider Goedevia (apologies for unknown spelling) "Gus" mod really add to the pin as well.

#13391 8 months ago

Let’s see pics of the first unboxed Premium!

#13392 8 months ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Be sure and get PinMonk's various color changing kits for all the white inserts in the game.

Yea I added these to Rush and it’s so much better. Pre-bought these to put in my upcoming Iron Maiden.

#13393 8 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:Thanks for the recommendations guys I’m going to get the pin sound speakers ;
I’m curious in getting
-pharaoh red eyes
-obelisk dome cover
-pinball pyramid
-pinball coffin flasher

I wouldn't call anything on their site "must have" but I have a strong adversion to fdm printed junk in my pins.. everyone has different preferences.

I looked through most of this thread and the mod thread, and for my yet-to-arrive Prem I have accumulated:
Replacement speakers/amp
Art blades
Shaker
Replacement Eddies (McFarlane trooper and 2005 6" neca piece of mind)
Cheeko's mods (sleal16 has a thread and a shop)
Tilt graphics ramps decals and shooter rod
Ulek flipper bat decals
Wizard mods magnetic panels
Coil/psu fans
Gus
Rubbers
Probably do some lighting tweaks
I like pinmonks colored inserts but will probably diy it.
All I can remember for now..

#13394 8 months ago

Picking up my Premium Tomorrow.

Excited is an understatement....

#13395 8 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I think the speaker and coin door panels made by Wizard Mod really add to the enhancement of the game. If you don't mind spending the coin and can get on the list, I heard pinsider Goedevia (apologies for unknown spelling) "Gus" mod really add to the pin as well.

Agree with Indypin. I’m another big fan of Wizard Mod. Their speaker panel with the LE cutout look great coupled with Doug’s Speaker lights, IMO. I used to be a big Mirror Blade fan but have found I like their side art blades much better. Hoping to receive my Premium next week! Congrats to those already received!

#13396 8 months ago

So my Premium is arriving tomorrow! Officially in the club. I just wanted to verify, these new ones don't come with Inside Connected kits right? I need order a upgraded kit?
Thanks!

#13397 8 months ago
Quoted from PBlank:

So my Premium is arriving tomorrow! Officially in the club. I just wanted to verify, these new ones don't come with Inside Connected kits right? I need order a upgraded kit?
Thanks!

They do!

#13398 8 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I made a cheat sheet here for DIY approach:
http://bit.ly/sternaudio

#13399 8 months ago

Oh awesome! I couldn't find any pictures of it?

#13400 8 months ago
Quoted from PBlank:

Oh awesome! I couldn't find any pictures of it?

I haven't received mine yet, but all new production sterns include Insider Connected.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 15,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 268 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/268?hl=flyfalcons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.