(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,827 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 minutes ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6818 (resized).png
IMG_6737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6730 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6733 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 317.
#13201 10 months ago

The reason I’m asking about difficulty is because avengers is way too hard for me ; and the family ;

I even think Godzilla is hard ;

I don’t want to make the mistake and buy another hard or frustrating game ..

I wanted a nice easy game to play hard to master and maybe Iron Maiden is for me?

This might be my last set chance to get a NiB;

#13202 10 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

The reason I’m asking about difficulty is because avengers is way too hard for me ; and the family ;
I don’t want to make the mistake

Not sure how you define hard but as a shooter this game is not as forgiving as those two.
Like any pin you can always make adjustments.

#13203 10 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Not sure how you define hard but as a shooter this game is not as forgiving as those two.
Like any pin you can always make adjustments.

Hard as in hard shooter difficulty wise; is it kid family friendly or for casual players;

like is the game actually difficult or easy to play; I plan on getting the large genie outpost for the outlanes and Make it as easy as possible

Here are All the games I have and I’ll rank them in difficulty from hardest to easiest in my experience and tell me what you think about where imdn would fit;

Hardest

1. Avengers Infinity quest premium
2. Mandalorian Pro
3.Godzilla premium
4. James Bond pro
5. Toy story 4

Easiest

I’m looking for a popular stern game that is fun to play and shoots relatively easy… I really don’t care what it is I’m new was hoping IM would fit the bill especially since my distributor is getting one in.

#13204 10 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I wanted a nice easy game to play hard to master and maybe Iron Maiden is for me?

NiB really isn't that important. Yeah you've got the unboxing experience and the new car smell, but a few weeks in it's gonna feel the same as a HUO game. I wouldnt base the decision on that.

If you think Godzilla is hard, don't get IMDN..get Godzilla or FF. Those games are flowier and even a novice can have fun doing combos that almost happen automatically some times.. vs some pins where you are just trying to nail the shots. I'd only choose iron maiden over those two first first pin if you enjoy the theme more.

#13205 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

NiB really isn't that important. Yeah you've got the unboxing experience and the new car smell, but a few weeks in it's gonna feel the same as a HUO game. I wouldnt base the decision on that.
If you think Godzilla is hard, don't get IMDN..get Godzilla or FF. Those games are flowier and even a novice can have fun doing combos that almost happen automatically some times.. vs some pins where you are just trying to nail the shots. I'd only choose iron maiden over those two first first pin if you enjoy the theme more.

I’ve got Godzilla already and find it very difficult ;

I’m not really a foo fighters fan at all;

I was hoping IMDN is easy and requires low maintenance;

This helps me a lot ; do you have any other recommendations(easy fun)? Appreciate it

I would hate to make the mistake and trade avengers premium for Iron Maiden pro only to get another tough as nails game.

#13206 10 months ago

IMDN is harder than AIQ
It is very unforgiving. Merciless.
I love it!

That said, IMDN Prem is the 2nd greatest pin ever made. IMHumbleOpinion

Quoted from BrokenChair:

Hard as in hard shooter difficulty wise; is it kid family friendly or for casual players;
like is the game actually difficult or easy to play; I plan on getting the large genie outpost for the outlanes and Make it as easy as possible
Here are All the games I have and I’ll rank them in difficulty from hardest to easiest in my experience and tell me what you think about where imdn would fit;
Hardest
2. Mandalorian Pro
3.Godzilla premium
4. James Bond pro
5. Toy story 4
Easiest
I’m looking for a popular stern game that is fun to play and shoots relatively easy… I really don’t care what it is I’m new was hoping IM would fit the bill especially since my distributor is getting one in.

#13207 10 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

FF is not easy. Don’t let the Saturday morning cartoon theme fool you. It’s a Blast to play.
Awesome. But just about as challenging as IMDN

#13208 10 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

FF is not easy. Don’t let the Saturday morning cartoon theme fool you. It’s a Blast to play.
Awesome. But just about as challenging as IMDN

Agree with you on Maiden!
Foo is blast but find it incredibly forgiving as a shooter.

#13209 10 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

This helps me a lot ; do you have any other recommendations(easy fun)? Appreciate it
I would hate to make the mistake and trade avengers premium for Iron Maiden pro only to get another tough as nails game.

When you say you find Godzilla difficult, what about it? Some shots are hard to make? You drain outlanes too often? rules are too complex? What is it?
You want to make sure that your game is level and that the pitch is correct. That's so important. You can dial in some stuff like that ball guide on the left ramp that tends to stick out. You can make the outlanes easier but moving the post. You can adjust coil powers, etc.

But Godzilla is not a "hard" game. And no pinball machine is maintenance free. If your not happy with Godzilla I'd reconsider whether this hobby is right for you before doubling down on another machine..

#13210 10 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Agree with you on Maiden!
Find Foo is blast but incredibly forgiving as a shooter.

True. Forgiving.
I meant as challenging as Maiden to progress. Points are easier on FF as well atm.

#13211 10 months ago

Wow you’re telling me imdn is harder than AIQ ?!?!?

The reason I’m getting rid of my AIQ premium is too much maintenance and too hard lol

especially for the family and casuals;

#13212 10 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

maybe go play a Batman66 ,fun and Family friendly

#13213 10 months ago

IMDN is not much maintenance.
AIQ rules are VERY deep, and placing stones, acquiring them in a certain order etc is Epic but to “heavy for me”

IMDN is a blast. Unforgiving. Challenging
But brilliant.
Code is deep enough but nothing like AIQ

IMDN is Epic as well. Fighting the devil in a Battle for your soul; can’t get more epic than That!

You can’t lose with IMDN. if you can get one and NIB matters to you. Get it.
Play it. Enjoy it.
If you don’t like it, will have no problem selling an IMDN.

Quoted from BrokenChair:

The reason I’m getting rid of my AIQ premium is too much maintenance and too hard lol

#13214 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Did you adjust them?? You can close em up some if you want.

Yeah I put the pegs on the closest setting but it doesn't seem to make a big difference. I probably need to improve my nudging but compared to my other machine, metallica, I just find it insanely unforgiving. It's like there are magnets drawing the ball into that damn outlane lol

Of course that makes it even more satisfying when you do well, but boy have I had some frustrating games on this machine.

#13215 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

When you say you find Godzilla difficult, what about it? Some shots are hard to make? You drain outlanes too often? rules are too complex? What is it?
You want to make sure that your game is level and that the pitch is correct. That's so important. You can dial in some stuff like that ball guide on the left ramp that tends to stick out. You can make the outlanes easier but moving the post. You can adjust coil powers, etc.
But Godzilla is not a "hard" game. And no pinball machine is maintenance free. If your not happy with Godzilla I'd reconsider whether this hobby is right for you before doubling down on another machine..

I find Godzilla is difficult because I get lots of drains down the middle and some of the shots are difficult for me(for example left tank spinner shot)the most monsters I’ve ever beaten in one game is 3 and my high score is 1.5 Billion (10 balls lol);

I can never seem to hit the shots on GZ when I need to;

Don’t get me wrong I’m absolutely in love with Godzilla but I am brand new to the hobby this is why I value your opinions so highly ;

I alone don’t know ;

All I know is the family has had enough of AIQ and we love the hobby and are looking for a relatively “safe” buy;

I was drawn to IMdn because I am a fan of the music and I’ve heard a lot of people speak very highly of the game;

I want something in the same league as GZ though a “safe” bet if you know what I mean ;

Thank you so much for your responses and help I appreciate you all greatly

#13216 10 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I find Godzilla is difficult because I get lots of drains down the middle and some of the shots are difficult for me(for example left tank spinner shot)the most monsters I’ve ever beaten in one game is 3 and my high score is 1.5 Billion (10 balls lol);
Don’t get me wrong I’m absolutely in love with Godzilla but I am brand new to the hobby this is why I value your opinions so highly ;
I alone don’t know ;
All I know is the family has had enough of AIQ and we love the hobby and are looking for a relatively “safe” buy;
I was drawn to IMdn because I am a fan of the music and I’ve heard a lot of people speak very highly of the game;
I want something in the same league as GZ though a “safe” bet if you know what I mean ;

I sold My IM prem to help fund Godzilla,I missed IM so much I bought another and play it more than anything else I have except lately been playing more Foo because its new to me.Im is a great game in collections of 1 or more.

#13217 10 months ago

I would consider Maiden a very long playing game, but that depends on your skill level and knowledge of the rules and knowing the bounces I think it's one of the best pins ever made, period. Nothing can change that

Edit: Both ramps are pretty late shots on the flipper on most Maidens I've played. I think that can make alot of newer players miss as they are sorta just off the sweet spot a bit. Also makes seasoned players miss too

#13218 10 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I alone don’t know ;

Sounds like you’re doing okay. Have you made adjustments to make it easier? There’s lots you can do

-make sure pitch and level are proper
-make sure flippers are adjusted properly. Tips pointing at the dots. It’s common these come from factory not right.
-make outlanes smaller (lower the posts)
-lower sensitivity of slingshot switches
-lower power of scoop kick out so ball bounces off lowered left flipper onto right for easy catch
-widen the left ramp shot by adjusting metal ball guides
-master the “ski jump” technique (huge for GZ)

#13219 10 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I alone don’t know ;

Seems like you can have a pretty decent game of Godzilla. You say its hard because you're not getting to the end of the ruleset? They don't design modern pinball rules so that mere mortals can beat them with default settings. Especially being new to the hobby I'd say that's an unrealistic expectation.

From that perspective, IMDN will probably be the very similar. since the playfield/rules were designed by the same guy.

If you want a shallower ruleset, get an game from the prior millennium.
If you want a modern game, and you want to beat it with your current skillset, get into the settings and make it easier and give yourself more balls.

IMDN is a great game. Can't wait for mine to show up. But go find one to play before you drop cash on it! They're everywhere.

#13220 10 months ago

over 20 games have come and go my game room, all A titles... IMDN still here after now almost 2 years...
it is without a doubt one of my favourites, a tie with JP for me. These 2 will never leave my collection.

#13221 10 months ago

When you are in the zone, IMDN is one of the best games out there...when you're not, it's brutal.

#13222 10 months ago

Anyone know the Full story of why and how it happened that Elwin switched themes from GOTG to IMDN ?

Please share. Thank you.

#13223 10 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

No - AIQ is brutal for me and IMDN is just fun. I like AIQ but love IMDN. My 6 y/o calls it Powerslave and that's all he plays. He ignores the BM66 I got him. He just loves Eddie and is good at it. The shot thru the pops to the left ramp is a bitch. But when I play other pins now, I find them much easier because you build up your skills. Plenty of multiballs to make it fun/frenzied. If you only like the music, I think you will start to like it even more - Iron Maiden is a hell of a band. The video on the screen is entertaining and brilliant. Lots of fun mods to install and make it look even better.

Most of us here are all bolt-to-the-floor lovers of it.

#13224 10 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Hardest
2. Mandalorian Pro
3.Godzilla premium
4. James Bond pro
5. Toy story 4
Easiest

Munsters, Star Trek, Jurassic Park home edition. Stranger Things too but the theme might be scary for young kids.

#13225 10 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I’ve only been playing pinball for about 2-3 months. I had the VPX table of IMDN prem and that’s what honestly got me into real pinball. I have not played AIQ but have played foo, bond, GZ, and JP premium. I own Jurassic park home and mando pro. I’ve had the mando table for about a month and a half and my highest score is in the 480’s for reference on skill level. I have to drive an hour and a half to play Maiden premium but it is by far and away my favorite so far. GZ premium is a close second and that’s mostly cuz of the theme. I’m not gonna say they are both easier than mando but I feel like they are more enjoyable. The mando playfield feels more crowded to me and there is
a lot to hit without much time to react. I think IMDN is a great call and I have an IMDN premium coming in the next month(hopefully) and a GZ next year.

#13226 10 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:I find Godzilla is difficult because I get lots of drains down the middle and some of the shots are difficult for me(for example left tank spinner shot)the most monsters I’ve ever beaten in one game is 3 and my high score is 1.5 Billion (10 balls lol);
I alone don’t know ;

I’ve had this pin for only 6 days now. I can’t stop playing it, and to my surprise, my kids (9 and 7) love it too. Honeymoon, sure, but I can already tell it’s here to stay. We have a JPP too, and this IM is much more family/novice friendly imo. The theme MAY put some younger ones off, but the game itself is the proverbial - easy to enjoy, tough to master. It will always be fun to play because of this and I would highly recommend it as an “only” pin for those who choose to have just one. JPP is definitely the toughest pin I’ve ever owned and possibly ever played, so this is likely skewing my opinion of IM. I can understand why this may be considered tough, but it was a break for my family lol. I’ve been in this hobby off-and-on for about 40 years now. Even the old Paddock pin I grew up playing at home in the 70s and 80s was fun in spurts. Play the hell out of it for a week, then forget about it for a month. Rinse. Repeat. There was no “beating” the game, just always trying to better your high score, which we wrote on the side of the machine in pencil . As others have said, these new pins are so much deeper than the older ones though. Fun as hell, but I understand why they can be overwhelming to some (my wife, for example ). All said, I love the band too. If you don’t, you have multiple pins already, and are looking for “easy-ish,” I would look elsewhere. If you love the band, buy it without hesitation even though it may be challenging. My kids’ ages and this theme were the reasons I didn’t buy the first run, but if your kids are of similar age and anything like mine, it’ll be the reason they love it now haha. Victory for me when my boy is humming The Trooper all day long! Good luck!

#13227 10 months ago

So here's a case of my two stupidly expensive hobbies merging in unprecedented awesomeness! So I thought I would share. Sideshow Collectibles just released two Iron Maiden statues. A Powerslave bust, and a Trooper full 1/4 scale statue. Being the true Maiden fan that I am of course I instantly ordered both! I can only hope they do more. The Powerslave bust I believe is going to make for the ultimate Maiden pinball topper. Not particularly cheap, and if you're new to the statue game I'm sure there will be some sticker shock here, but quality on pieces like this is far and above what pinball collectors may be used to in figures/toppers. Be aware, these statues are made from "polystone", which is basically a resin infused with powdered stone to give it the strength and weight that a statue deserves. So, this bust is relatively heavy at 6 lbs. Secure attachment will be essential to preventing disaster, but I'll figure it out. The bust is $350 and the Trooper statue is $666 (Nice!). Video link below or go to Sideshow.com My apologies in advance to anyone who gets sucked into statue collecting as a result of this post. It's a pleasure/pain that I would/wouldn't wish on anyone.

#13228 10 months ago

Congratulations! Simply put IMDN is still more addicting and better than most games made over last few years. This game makes you a better player. Some just can’t get over the band theme - too bad.

#13229 10 months ago
Quoted from gearhead:

So here's a case of my two stupidly expensive hobbies merging in unprecedented awesomeness! So I thought I would share. Sideshow Collectibles just released two Iron Maiden statues. A Powerslave bust, and a Trooper full 1/4 scale statue. Being the true Maiden fan that I am of course I instantly ordered both! I can only hope they do more. The Powerslave bust I believe is going to make for the ultimate Maiden pinball topper. Not particularly cheap, and if you're new to the statue game I'm sure there will be some sticker shock here, but quality on pieces like this is far and above what pinball collectors may be used to in figures/toppers. Be aware, these statues are made from "polystone", which is basically a resin infused with powdered stone to give it the strength and weight that a statue deserves. So, this bust is relatively heavy at 6 lbs. Secure attachment will be essential to preventing disaster, but I'll figure it out. The bust is $350 and the Trooper statue is $666 (Nice!). Video link below or go to Sideshow.com My apologies in advance to anyone who gets sucked into statue collecting as a result of this post. It's a pleasure/pain that I would/wouldn't wish on anyone.

Holy shit! Those are awesome!

I think the Trooper could also be an epic topper - for someone more clever than I. I might have to get one of those

EDIT: I bought the Powerslave topper. The base of it looks exactly like Lior's backboard mod I installed recently, so that seemed to be a sign that I should buy it.

PLEASE: If anyone else gets one and has a good idea how to make it into a topper, please share your ideas with the creatively-challenged fellas like me. I can see adding an LED strip, but any moron could figure that out. There has to be something else to do with it to make it pop!

Thanks for the suggestion, brother!

#13230 10 months ago
Quoted from gearhead:So here's a case of my two stupidly expensive hobbies merging in unprecedented awesomeness! So I thought I would share. Sideshow Collectibles just released two Iron Maiden statues. A Powerslave bust, and a Trooper full 1/4 scale statue. Being the true Maiden fan that I am of course I instantly ordered both! I can only hope they do more. The Powerslave bust I believe is going to make for the ultimate Maiden pinball topper. Not particularly cheap, and if you're new to the statue game I'm sure there will be some sticker shock here, but quality on pieces like this is far and above what pinball collectors may be used to in figures/toppers. Be aware, these statues are made from "polystone", which is basically a resin infused with powdered stone to give it the strength and weight that a statue deserves. So, this bust is relatively heavy at 6 lbs. Secure attachment will be essential to preventing disaster, but I'll figure it out. The bust is $350 and the Trooper statue is $666 (Nice!). Video link below or go to Sideshow.com My apologies in advance to anyone who gets sucked into statue collecting as a result of this post. It's a pleasure/pain that I would/wouldn't wish on anyone.

those look awesome. and compared to paying $1k for flat plastic toppers from stern, seems like a great deal!

IMO would take some work to turn into a full topper, but the bust would be the perfect centerpiece for a topper. Here it is at scale:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13231 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

those look awesome. and compared to paying $1k for flat plastic toppers from stern, seems like a great deal!
IMO would take some work to turn into a full topper, but the bust would be the perfect centerpiece for a topper. Here it is at scale:[quoted image]

Noice! Maybe some spinning / dynamic spotlights like on Led Zeppelin's topper - so they look like they're part of a stage show during concert?

Some type of lightning effect would be super, too.

Remarkable how much that base resemble's Lior's backboard!

#13232 10 months ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

Remarkable how much that base resemble's Lior's backboard!

Almost as if they are pulling from some common inspiration =)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13233 10 months ago

Ha! Sorokyl you barely beat me to it! I was in the process of posting virtually the same post and pic!

#13234 10 months ago

Well 2 days in and zero issues fired up my pro after work tonight and Nodes 1, 8, 9 not found.
I did a basic check of network cables no change.
Any quick ideas before I dive deeper.

I rebooted twice after checking connectors and now its good.

Im leaning towards a poor network cable. I will update as if it happens again.

#13235 10 months ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Well 2 days in and zero issues fired up my pro after work tonight and Nodes 1, 8, 9 not found.
I did a basic check of network cables no change.
Any quick ideas before I dive deeper.
I rebooted twice after checking connectors and now its good.
Im leaning towards a poor network cable. I will update as if it happens again.

And playfield is out again.

Looks like Node 1 is on its own cable and Nodes 8/9 are on another out of node 0 from back box.

#13236 10 months ago

Getting close - Just got my request for payment for my Premium.

#13237 10 months ago
Quoted from Rik_:

When you are in the zone, IMDN is one of the best games out there...when you're not, it's brutal.

2-3 beers works well

#13238 10 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Been waiting for someone to say this! I'm pumped!

#13239 10 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Nice! Hope I get mine soon and I hope to see them on the line for factory Friday!

#13240 10 months ago

Got my other 3 toys in. Next trick will be trying to neatly wire an led to the clairvoyant’s orb. Still can’t decide if I want blades…the black looks pretty good here when everything’s lit. Guess I need to browse the photo gallery. Opinions on this?

IMG_1099 (resized).jpegIMG_1099 (resized).jpeg
#13241 10 months ago
Quoted from Kidkoffee:

Got my other 3 toys in. Next trick will be trying to neatly wire an led to the clairvoyant’s orb. Still can’t decide if I want blades…the black looks pretty good here when everything’s lit. Guess I need to browse the photo gallery. Opinions on this?
[quoted image]

I have art blades on my IMDN premium. They look great. But I just installed black mirror blades on my Indy - and they are stunning and light up like crazy with my Pin Stadium Atoms. I really love both styles ... these were my first mirror blades.

If you don't install Pin Stadiums, I'd consider installing the PowerBladez for a few more bucks. They look amazing, but they will wash out with the Pin Stad's installed I understand.

Love your Piece of Mind Eddie!! Looks really nice like that

#13242 10 months ago

Ok so I got a chance to play a brand new Iron Maiden pro at my distributors and had a really fun time playing it ! I think I will enjoy it way more than AIQ and also way less maintenance; love that fact there isn’t a lot of rubber…

So Im thinking of either buying iron maiden or trading AIQ for it …. Played it for 1.5 hours straight; it played great right out of the box. I was actually able to hit the left ramp a few times;

Spinner position on the left reminds me of Godzilla spinner in similar position it will be next to GZ I would only have Iron Maiden and GZ at home as my other pins are on location is this a good combo together ?

Are they enough different to be fun to switch back between GZ and IMDN?

Are there mods to make a pro a promium? What would those mods be?

Thanks guys looks like there is a great chance to get it !

#13243 10 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Ok so I got a chance to play a brand new Iron Maiden pro at my distributors and had a really fun time playing it ! I think I will enjoy it way more than AIQ and also way less maintenance; love that fact there isn’t a lot of rubber…
So Im thinking of either buying iron maiden or trading AIQ for it …. Played it for 1.5 hours straight; it played great right out of the box. I was actually able to hit the left ramp a few times;
Spinner position on the left reminds me of Godzilla spinner in similar position it will be next to GZ I would only have Iron Maiden and GZ at home as my other pins are on location is this a good combo together ?
Are they enough different to be fun to switch back between GZ and IMDN?
Are there mods to make a pro a promium? What would those mods be?
Thanks guys looks like there is a great chance to get it !

I have GZ Prem and IMDN Prem (with a TS4 in between). I don't find them at all similar. They're both incredible. Somehow GZ has packed like 23 shots into one non-widebody pin. I don't know how the hell they did it. Gun to my head I would keep Maiden - but I love the theme and GZ is just OK as a theme. But the shots on GZ and the video and modes and rules make it challenging. IMDN is a little more open but brilliantly designed - the music and the underworld and the tomb. All amazing shit.

You can easily have both and not find them redundant. They both stand well on their own. But getting better at one lends itself to improvement and better understanding on the other in terms of rules and shots.

#13244 10 months ago

I have art blades on my IMDN premium. They look great. But I just installed black mirror blades on my Indy - and they are stunning and light up like crazy with my Pin Stadium Atoms. I really love both styles ... these were my first mirror blades.
If you don't install Pin Stadiums, I'd consider installing the PowerBladez for a few more bucks. They look amazing, but they will wash out with the Pin Stad's installed I understand.
Love your Piece of Mind Eddie!! Looks really nice like that

Thanks man…still like yours more, but this figure was too big to make something like that.
Do you have pics of the ArtBladez? I might throw in for those if they are super cool. Love the people at Pin Graffix too…also would love to see a pic of the black mirrors too!

#13245 10 months ago

I know not everyone is a fan of what i've done - but I really wanted to go full-on Powerslave on my machine (sorry, but I just love the whole mummy + Egyptian theme). To that end, I've installed Tiltoppers premium topper, Lior's apron and backboard, the heiroglyphic art blades and flipper toppers, the wizard mods speaker panel + coin door, the right ramp archway and the stairway ramp decals.

I've just acquired some side rails, and I really wanted to finish this machine off with a nice theme-appropriate powdercoat. Just wanted to see if anyone had done some sort of brass or Egyptian Gold powdercoat on a premium and how it turned out?

20230609_124316 (resized).jpg20230609_124316 (resized).jpg20230609_124337 (resized).jpg20230609_124337 (resized).jpg
#13246 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

but I really wanted to go full-on Powerslave on my machine (sorry, but I just love the whole mummy + Egyptian theme).

I think the Powerslave motif looks sweet. Maybe you could repaint the Clairvoyant into some type of Cleopatra to go 100 percent Egyptian?

#13247 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I know not everyone is a fan of what i've done - but I really wanted to go full-on Powerslave on my machine (sorry, but I just love the whole mummy + Egyptian theme). To that end, I've installed Tiltoppers premium topper, Lior's apron and backboard, the heiroglyphic art blades and flipper toppers, the wizard mods speaker panel + coin door, the right ramp archway and the stairway ramp decals.
I've just acquired some side rails, and I really wanted to finish this machine off with a nice theme-appropriate powdercoat. Just wanted to see if anyone had done some sort of brass or Egyptian Gold powdercoat on a premium and how it turned out?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m planning a similar direction with my upcoming premium. I was collecting pics for inspiration and here are some (I have lost track of the owners of these machines, apologies for not giving the credit)

21D3EDE6-2393-4782-805E-2BF050E7A870 (resized).png21D3EDE6-2393-4782-805E-2BF050E7A870 (resized).png23843AF7-57C6-4BC7-988C-185806B18454 (resized).png23843AF7-57C6-4BC7-988C-185806B18454 (resized).png26E830F2-F832-47A9-8E85-732D489F7994 (resized).png26E830F2-F832-47A9-8E85-732D489F7994 (resized).png465484A2-8F69-4E7A-B0E9-151A8426C34B (resized).png465484A2-8F69-4E7A-B0E9-151A8426C34B (resized).png48A39587-BE24-423D-AB5F-476271224182 (resized).png48A39587-BE24-423D-AB5F-476271224182 (resized).png4E60F55C-D8C9-4E2D-80B9-4CE5B019C233 (resized).png4E60F55C-D8C9-4E2D-80B9-4CE5B019C233 (resized).png758FE513-0098-4863-B9B4-2EFCDD8AB964 (resized).png758FE513-0098-4863-B9B4-2EFCDD8AB964 (resized).png85D06A7C-DA3F-4515-A27A-1290D3C1B6E4 (resized).png85D06A7C-DA3F-4515-A27A-1290D3C1B6E4 (resized).png9809A3D4-0BC6-4F7B-8179-161FAA6B7AA9 (resized).png9809A3D4-0BC6-4F7B-8179-161FAA6B7AA9 (resized).pngAE6CD134-1C6D-4B87-930E-DCA439D73522 (resized).pngAE6CD134-1C6D-4B87-930E-DCA439D73522 (resized).png
#13248 10 months ago
Quoted from Kidkoffee:

Thanks man…still like yours more, but this figure was too big to make something like that.
Do you have pics of the ArtBladez? I might throw in for those if they are super cool. Love the people at Pin Graffix too…also would love to see a pic of the black mirrors too!

Here are 3 pix of my art blades on Maiden (they are the same on both sides). I did not install them, but they're fairly nice. Not what I would have picked necessarily.

Also a couple pix of the black mirror blades on Indy on left and right side. They aren't cheap but very easy to install (which is why I chose them - installing art blades went south quickly on Indy ... they were too hard too install without beind able to pull the playfield so I gave up and bought the mirror blades which went right in)

IMG_7198 (resized).jpgIMG_7198 (resized).jpgIMG_7199 (resized).jpgIMG_7199 (resized).jpgIMG_7200 (resized).jpgIMG_7200 (resized).jpgIMG_7203 (resized).jpgIMG_7203 (resized).jpgIMG_7204 (resized).jpgIMG_7204 (resized).jpg

#13249 10 months ago

Here are 3 pix of my art blades on Maiden (they are the same on both sides). I did not install them, but they're fairly nice. Not what I would have picked necessarily.
Also a couple pix of the black mirror blades on Indy on left and right side. They aren't cheap but very easy to install (which is why I chose them - installing art blades went south quickly on Indy ... they were too hard too install without beind able to pull the playfield so I gave up and bought the mirror blades which went right in)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those art blades look nice, even though I meant to say PowerBlades last post lol…I think I like those black mirrors a lot. Would probably look awesome on this.

Anyone have a shot of the PowerBlades installed?

#13250 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

[quoted image][quoted image]

if You like it thats all that matters

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/265 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.