(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 317.
#13051 11 months ago

And still have $100 left over to buy yet another mod lmfao .

#13052 11 months ago

Speaking of , the Spitfire arrived but I’m going to move away from IMDN to install Stumblors Lolly UFO kit and change out all the flipper parts on GZ tonight .I have to figure out a good spot to mount these with zero chance of airball strikes and come up with a way to imitate anti aircraft exposions in the air .Im thinking of the guy that made the exploding Zeppelin mod out of painted cotton with lighting inside .This will take some time to get right . Also I want to order colored skirts and bases for the pops and I have new sleeves ,springs for those also .My wife is going to try to make me a 3D version of that padding look on the plastics but with see thru material .I’ll tackle all this after I figure out what I’m doing

IMG_5688 (resized).pngIMG_5688 (resized).pngIMG_5689 (resized).pngIMG_5689 (resized).pngIMG_5690 (resized).pngIMG_5690 (resized).png

#13053 11 months ago

I’m thinking orange/yellow for the skirt and base of the pops to match the flippers and plastic protectors .What do you guys think ?

IMG_5692 (resized).pngIMG_5692 (resized).png
#13054 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m thinking orange/yellow for the skirt and base of the pops to match the flippers and plastic protectors .What do you guys think ?
[quoted image]

Have you thought of changing the red LED leading to the flipper? I read some posts about people saying it looks nice to pull the red and go with white. But I think it still looks really good in red.

Or upgrading your Piece of Mind Eddie? (I put mine right over the left ramp with sweet chains dangling down). It was not terribly expensive on eBay. By moving it over the ramp, it freed up the middle pop to install Pinbawler's pharoah which looks nice in that spot (although they're different in terms of scale).

IMG_7130 (resized).jpgIMG_7130 (resized).jpg

#13055 11 months ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

Have you thought of changing the red LED leading to the flipper? I read some posts about people saying it looks nice to pull the red and go with white. But I think it still looks really good in red.
Have you thought of upgrading your Piece of Mind Eddie (I put mine right over the left ramp with sweet chains dangling down). It was not terribly expensive on eBay. By moving it over the ramp, it freed up the middle pop to install Pinbawler's pharoah which looks nice in that spot (although they're different in terms of scale).
[quoted image]

Very cool looking bud . I have not thought of either but I have a box of lighting I got by surprise in a pin I purchased so that will be easy enough to change out and try different colors .Now that I’m looking at your piece of mind Eddie I really like how that looks and is set up to shoot through him .Thank you much .This is obviously getting pretty expensive but that’s why I do side work and ImDN is the only 100% permanent pin we have so this project will be ongoing .My boys help me out some and getting my wife involved will be nice .This is reminding me of the 4ft X 8ft model train set I built with my Dad and Grandfather back 40 plus years ago .I’m having a ton of fun with this pin .Now if I can only beat the beast haha .At least I’m getting there now a few times

#13056 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I mean you can spend $500 plus for sound and lights or go with $140 and buy yourself a sheet of HD glass which I’m going to do now that I saved the monies
[quoted image]

Where do you find HD glass for $140??

#13057 11 months ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Where do you find HD glass for $140??

It’s $140 for the speakers and light kit from PL .Just saying ,if I purchased some of the light kits and sound packages out there ,I’d be at $500 .Going the cheap route that leaves me with $360 .HD glass is about $260 then $100 left over still .I’ve heard Pinwoofers kit at a friends house and it’s fantastic .All I’m saying if on a budget , this setup sounds great to me .I like to upgrade the sound package from what Stern puts in stock and this does enough for me to be happy with the end result .

#13058 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

It’s $140 for the speakers and light kit from PL .Just saying ,if I purchased some of the light kits and sound packages out there ,I’d be at $500 .Going the cheap route that leaves me with $360 .HD glass is about $260 then $100 left over still .I’ve heard Pinwoofers kit at a friends house and it’s fantastic .All I’m saying if on a budget , this setup sounds great to me .I like to upgrade the sound package from what Stern puts in stock and this does enough for me to be happy with the end result .

Ahhh, gotcha.

#13059 11 months ago

If anyone is contemplating getting an Iron Maiden Pro or Premium from the June run and hasn’t pulled the trigger yet, hit me up.

We are an authorized Stern Dealer and I have a couple of each still available from my upcoming June allocation.

#13060 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

I left the apron in black and went this purple lighting for down low:

20230520_220803@1 (resized).jpg20230520_220803@1 (resized).jpg
#13061 11 months ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

I left the apron in black and went this purple lighting for down low:[quoted image]

That purple looks fetch! Is she a premium?

#13062 11 months ago

That purple looks fetch! Is she a premium?

Yes indeed. An uncommon Dec 2021 minting.

#13063 11 months ago

PSA - Plunger spring strength? At about 1250 plays I was struggling with all the normal adjustments related to the skill shot but finally found the original orange plunger spring just needed to be retired. A new orange spring restored the same original skill shot feel.
PlungerSprings@8 (resized).jpgPlungerSprings@8 (resized).jpg

#13064 11 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

V1.13.0 - April 20th, 2023
==========================
- Loop Jackpots - fixed an issue with "DECA-loops - Score 10 Loop Jackpots in a single game" achievement not awarding properly
- Loop Jackpots - fixed an issue with "Lucrative Loops - Build the Loop Value to 2.5M" achievement not awarding properly
- System - Updated to V3.36.0 on OS: V2.7.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.5.0
- Conagent 1.0.9
- Update selectable upper bound for Grand Champion, and HSTD 1-4 Awards. GC may be set up
to 5, HSTD #1 to 4, HSTD #2 to 3, HSTD #3 to 2, and HSTD #4 to 1. The default value for these has
not changed, just the ability to select a higher value.
- Adjust timing to address phantom broken trough sw tech alerts.
- Added game version number to lower left of attract mode Insider Connected screens.
- Updated Service Menu landing screen to graphics.
- Added Connectivity Icon (Ethernet or WiFi Signal Bars) to attract mode
Insider Connected screens. The Icon will be displayed in the upper
right corner with the number of credits/free play.
- Blink selected icon in Service Menu Dot Matrix menus
- Updated "Target Game Time" to guarantee the entire time for a single ball game.

Anyone have any issues installing 1.13? I keep getting failed to unpack error. Unzipped all files onto a 64GB stick formatted to FAT32

#13065 11 months ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

I left the apron in black and went this purple lighting for down low:[quoted image]

Looks killer !!!

#13066 11 months ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

I just so happen to have a purple light strip

#13067 11 months ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

PSA - Plunger spring strength? At about 1250 plays I was struggling with all the normal adjustments related to the skill shot but finally found the original orange plunger spring just needed to be retired. A new orange spring restored the same original skill shot feel.
[quoted image]

Funny , i just received 2 of each color in my PincallLife order wasn’t sure which to go with .Thanks a bunch .

#13068 11 months ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

Is there a reason that those leds are red in the first place? Some mode or light show?

#13069 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Is there a reason that those leds are red in the first place? Some mode or light show?

Grim lighting. Especially in "fear of the dark" it's an ominous dark mode. Some red to give a bit of visibility while keeping it creepy

#13070 11 months ago

Zach Meny of Flip-N-Out Pinball reports that IMDN PRO should be on the line this week. So, PRO buyers, be ready for your shipping alerts at the end of this week! (Or at least *some* of you be ready!)

#13071 11 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Zach Meny of Flip-N-Out Pinball reports that IMDN PRO should be on the line this week. So, PRO buyers, be ready for your shipping alerts at the end of this week! (Or at least *some* of you be ready!)

IMG_9468.GIFIMG_9468.GIF
#13072 11 months ago

For you of those that are about to join the club with the new Stern production run. I just made up some more of my Spitfire mods
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/07760-pinbawlers-iron-maiden-legacy-of-the-beast-spitfire-mod

as well as redesigned the packaging that I laser cut (I'm crazy obsessive about things)

I also have plenty of my snap on button armor
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08336--pinbawlers-flipper-button-wear-protectors-for-iron-maiden

and
"speed of light airball deflectors" and
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/07755-pinbawlers-iron-maiden-lotb-speed-of-light-ball-deflector

and replacement pop bumper caps with officially licensed IDMN figurines from the 2018 figurines they made
(many on my pinside shop https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom (search for iron maiden and list 25 items per page)
as I was planning to go to Allentown with a bunch but then couldn't make it so I have plenty of everything.

but most of all, enjoy your game! it's soo soo sooo sooo soo good.

"up the irons"
-brian
armor (resized).jpgarmor (resized).jpgclair (resized).jpgclair (resized).jpgdownload (resized).pngdownload (resized).pnghinges (resized).jpghinges (resized).jpgpacking1 (resized).JPGpacking1 (resized).JPGpacking2 (resized).JPGpacking2 (resized).JPGpacking3 (resized).JPGpacking3 (resized).JPGspeedy (resized).jpgspeedy (resized).jpg

#13073 11 months ago

i hope this is true!

#13074 11 months ago

Hopefully that means toppers as well. Been waiting patiently for that run.

#13075 11 months ago

I did a search and all I come up with is a photo,How do You install the fix for ball hangups in back of the top loop

#13076 11 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I did a search and all I come up with is a photo,How do You install the fix for ball hangups in back of the top loop

Which fix install are you referring to? From what I've seen, either the mylar or the metal protector stem implemented later caused hang up issues. The metal one was supposed to be an upgrade to the mylar, but after lots of drops from the ramp, it starts to warp and the ball starts getting stuck. I replaced mine with the carbon fiber strip cliffy sells and that's been great ever since.

Other times it's the posts for the trooper MB (prem/le). They start sliding up and the ball can get stuck. Those just have to push it back down occasionally.

#13077 11 months ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Which fix install are you referring to? From what I've seen, either the mylar or the metal protector stem implemented later caused hang up issues. The metal one was supposed to be an upgrade to the mylar, but after lots of drops from the ramp, it starts to warp and the ball starts getting stuck. I replaced mine with the carbon fiber strip cliffy sells and that's been great ever since.
Other times it's the posts for the trooper MB (prem/le). They start sliding up and the ball can get stuck. Those just have to push it back down occasionally.

this one came in my coin box so I thought I would try it. Tired of every few games getting stopped up top

44C999A6-EDA2-478F-ABA0-5F38895CB255 (resized).jpeg44C999A6-EDA2-478F-ABA0-5F38895CB255 (resized).jpeg
#13078 11 months ago

looks like a stick and go installation

#13079 11 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

this one came in my coin box so I thought I would try it. Tired of every few games getting stopped up top[quoted image]

Yup, that might be from cliffy's kit, or someone that cut it. If you bought the game from someone else then they probably skipped it. Depending on what was there before, remove the mylar or metal plate, then place that in its location. it doesnt have to be perfect, just aligned centered between the walls roughly where the original one went. As long as its in the main common areas where it has the heaviest impact from the drop.

If you have the metal plate, that was a pain for me to remove. Almost cut myself a couple of times from the sharp edges

#13080 11 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

looks like a stick and go installation

yup yup, stick and go.

#13081 11 months ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Yup, that might be from cliffy's kit, or someone that cut it. If you bought the game from someone else then they probably skipped it. Depending on what was there before, remove the mylar or metal plate, then place that in its location. it doesnt have to be perfect, just aligned centered between the walls roughly where the original one went. As long as its in the main common areas where it has the heaviest impact from the drop.
If you have the metal plate, that was a pain for me to remove. Almost cut myself a couple of times from the sharp edges

Thank You.This May be my Favorite Machine .I spend a good chunk of time on it.

#13082 11 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Thank You.This May be my Favorite Machine .I spend a good chunk of time on it.

Its brutally awesome

#13083 11 months ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Where exactly is the ball getting stuck? Is it in the "lock ball" loop just behind the Sarcophagus lock?

#13084 11 months ago

Where exactly is the ball getting stuck? Is it in the "lock ball" loop just behind the Sarcophagus lock?

Yup, there. For me, I had gotten IMDN Prem NIB and it played smoothly at first. After a couple hundred plays it started getting slower and slower out of that loop and when the ball would enter the area slowly, it wouldnt come out unless I gave it a nudge. Took a solid look back there and that plate had warped where it was cupping the balls ( =P ), preventing them from exiting the area easily.

#13085 11 months ago

Yes and that thin metal piece had curled up near that edge

#13086 11 months ago

IMDN PRO INVOICED AND PAID!! Shipping Monday.

#13087 11 months ago
Quoted from Walk:

Monday? Memorial Day? I wish my shipper were that committed.

#13088 11 months ago

Monday? Memorial Day? I wish my shipper were that committed.

IVE BEEN BAMBOOZLED

#13089 11 months ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

I sprayed a lite isopropyl 99% under the bracket then slight gentle pull. Came off easy.

#13090 11 months ago
Quoted from Walk:

IVE BEEN BAMBOOZLED

Drive and get it

#13091 11 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I sprayed a lite isopropyl 99% under the bracket then slight gentle pull. Came off easy.

I might have not used enough IPA 99%

#13092 11 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Drive and get it

Yeah I'm fine waiting. Super excited for delivery!

#13093 11 months ago
Quoted from Walk:

got my call yesterday! Shipping Wednesday
Yes!!!!

#13094 11 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Yes and that thin metal piece had curled up near that edge

Same issue - the post was actually pushing the metal piece off the playfield and caused cupping on the metal. Think it was just installed incorrect at the factory. I ended up just removing it. Plays great now - Is going “naked” ok to do long term?

#13095 11 months ago

Does anyone know who’s making the stained glass window topper ? I can’t remember who it is I want to check in on progress .

#13096 11 months ago

Sleal16 out of TX -
See the “Cheko's Iron Maiden Mods“ thread

#13097 11 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Sleal16 out of TX -
See the “Cheko's Iron Maiden Mods“ thread

Thank you John

#13098 11 months ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Same issue - the post was actually pushing the metal piece off the playfield and caused cupping on the metal. Think it was just installed incorrect at the factory. I ended up just removing it. Plays great now - Is going “naked” ok to do long term?

Lots of drops. Bigger dimpling after a while is likely

Quoted from Kkoss24:

Does anyone know who’s making the stained glass window topper ? I can’t remember who it is I want to check in on progress .

Still doing minor work on this electronic feature for the center piece of the "church". Been meaning to post that but nothing visually representative yet since it's just servo testing ATM. Bigger updates once I get close to wrapping up the paint jobs for the clairvoyants next month

#13099 11 months ago

Anybody know where I can get a premium translite for my pro? Can dealers order them direct from Stern?

#13100 11 months ago
Quoted from Walk:

Anybody know where I can get a premium translite for my pro? Can dealers order them direct from Stern?

I have one - I put an alternate translite in mine. How much is it worth, do you figure? I'm not sure of the market on these. Mine's in perfect condition, I think.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/262?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.