(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,815 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by nickrivers
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 317.
#12701 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I only acquired my LE about a month ago. I am not an LE guy, but one came up with Gus and other enhancements for a fair but large price and I bit the bullet. I enjoy the underworld lifting up and the sarcophagus enhancements with the mummy target far too much to do without. I don’t have any problems with the orb or captive ball. No regrets, I’m sure the pro is great. I own a twd pro, had a STh pro and turtles pro. Would not want these in premium or Le form. But I do want these extras in maiden. You’re not going to get one consistent answer but don’t think you can lose with either version.
Edit. Don’t know why you would be downvoted just giving your opinion. Is this the bond 60th thread, sheesh!!

I have a Iron Maiden Premium, but i agree, Iron Maiden, Stranger things ( with uv light kit) Deadpool and Turtles are two games where the pro is a very good deal compared to premium/Le. If one day i get a turtles, will be a pro.

#12702 1 year ago

Stth in pro is garbage.
Turtles pro yes all day.

#12703 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I was a pro owner for the past 3 years. Changed to a premium just recently. Do I think the premium is worth it? No it's not. I was perfectly happy with the pro.
I didn't have captive ball problems with the pro.
Didn't have orb ball problems.
Playfield art is better on the pro. Not a fan on how they outlined the words on the premium. I like the playfield art without the black outlining.
Fear of the dark mode is 1000X's better on the Pro. On the pro, the game gets dimmer and dimmer, as you don't hit your shots. Well integrated into the mode. (PRO ONLY).
On the premium. Someone did the GI's like a toddler, and made them half red and half white. So the art package looks like cold dog shit. And in fear of the dark and mummy multiball, it shuts off the white side of the GI's so it's red only. Looks like shit all around. HUGE miss step for stern to do this on the premium and a huge downgrade from the pro. I got rid of my red LED's and put in dimmer sunlight white, than the paired GI socket. So art looks great like it should and does on the pro. But when fear of the dark, and mummy shut off the bright side. I goes super dim for those modes. But loses the gradual dimming effect that the pro has.
So overall. Stick with the pro, because the Premium is not worth the extra bucks at all.

Huh I've never heard that complaint about fear of the dark mode on premium, that's a shame. I have a pro and always thought FotD mode was the coolest because of what they do with the lighting. It makes hitting that spinner feel so good when everything lights up.

#12704 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Huh I've never heard that complaint about fear of the dark mode on premium, that's a shame. I have a pro and always thought FotD mode was the coolest because of what they do with the lighting. It makes hitting that spinner feel so good when everything lights up.

it is my favourite mode in the game, love it when I tip the upper spinner and then shoot the lower spinner on the fly = HUGE POINTS, especially if you had stacked up the 2x by shooting the right ramp.
This mode and Icarus are my favourites, the rest are ok but not as fun.

#12705 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

it is my favourite mode in the game, love it when I tip the upper spinner and then shoot the lower spinner on the fly = HUGE POINTS, especially if you had stacked up the 2x by shooting the right ramp.
This mode and Icarus are my favourites, the rest are ok but not as fun.

Yeah I only hit the double spinner shot on fear of the dark once and I actually yelled out loud. It felt so good to hit and the sound/light combo you get from it was very satisfying.

Icarus is good but so difficult, when you do well on it you feel great though so that's a bonus.

#12706 1 year ago

Okay thanks so much for all the help so far. Only thing left is the mystery connectors

It is a 4 wire ribbon connection that maybe disconnected from what ever it was, but the original wires may not be reconnected.

The 4 wires on the ribbon cable are black, green, red, blue.

Black is connected to a 4 pin connector on position 1 and ran to the board left of the coin door.

Blue is cut and floppy in the beeze.

Green runs to the 3 pin not connected

Red runs to the 13 pin connector in pin slot 4

And since a pic is worth a thousand words

Thanks in advance!

John

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#12707 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I tore the machine down in November for a spa day that turned into 3 months I got all my work done but going to play it and the bottom 2 flippers are not working but the top 2 are .They work in test though .Also software was acting up .When I seen the flippers weren’t working I tossed the ball around and a game that ended ,did so on the screen (started rolling through high scores etc) but the playfield looked as if it was still in play .A ball was in the lock that never came out .Anyway shit gone haywire .So I’m trying to see if a update will help out but 1.12 will not download (i need IC soon on the never ending list ) .Any thoughts ?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking killer!!

#12708 1 year ago

Pinball life has prem /LE ramps in stock if anyone looking for.

Some pro owners have installed them on their machines.

4733B755-DC59-43C4-BB42-6C25764AB214 (resized).png4733B755-DC59-43C4-BB42-6C25764AB214 (resized).png
#12709 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Looking killer!!

Thanks buddy , a lot of time in this one and I’m not done yet although I’m making the rest of mods myself .Have to get some personal touches in there .

#12710 1 year ago

Cool apron decals.

3B5C5EB1-00C1-4E2B-A426-AD234C5B1C4B (resized).jpeg3B5C5EB1-00C1-4E2B-A426-AD234C5B1C4B (resized).jpeg4B706E41-C67E-4999-B853-5B1C948F9B21 (resized).jpeg4B706E41-C67E-4999-B853-5B1C948F9B21 (resized).jpeg8926713C-A506-46E9-BBCA-FF1086183E4D (resized).jpeg8926713C-A506-46E9-BBCA-FF1086183E4D (resized).jpeg
#12711 1 year ago
Quoted from Cento:

Cool apron decals.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice detail but nobody will ever see those.
Super coool though

#12712 1 year ago

Nice detail but nobody will ever see those.
Super coool though

I just saw them, LOL

#12713 1 year ago

If you’re going to sell stuff here, it would be good to support the site with a red heart. The decals look good but agree they’re not really seen unless you’re looking the opposite way.

#12714 1 year ago

This is the first pin that that has made it back to my game room. Love the premium over the pro. Pro is great but played both enough to prefer premium. Added some of brzezicki mods to mine.

Awesome game. Boobs/noobs get to play it and feel like they get some game time. Well done Mr. Elwin.

0EFC1E75-902F-4C8F-8E1F-AC2D59057881 (resized).jpeg0EFC1E75-902F-4C8F-8E1F-AC2D59057881 (resized).jpeg6119A9CE-8B10-4CA7-BCC2-B08861F0D90D (resized).jpeg6119A9CE-8B10-4CA7-BCC2-B08861F0D90D (resized).jpegEE9D72BB-3800-452C-BD38-4CDB076A704B (resized).jpegEE9D72BB-3800-452C-BD38-4CDB076A704B (resized).jpeg8EF1C1A4-0A85-4680-B257-5EE628D17FB7 (resized).jpeg8EF1C1A4-0A85-4680-B257-5EE628D17FB7 (resized).jpeg6D1CA5DC-7142-47D3-B4C9-AB122C19D194 (resized).jpeg6D1CA5DC-7142-47D3-B4C9-AB122C19D194 (resized).jpegA2A969EC-55D4-4089-AC30-A14BAC25C9AE (resized).jpegA2A969EC-55D4-4089-AC30-A14BAC25C9AE (resized).jpeg
#12715 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

This is the first pin that that has made it back to my game room. Love the premium over the pro. Pro is great but played both enough to prefer premium. Added some of brzezicki mods to mine.
Awesome game. Boobs/noobs get to play it and feel like they get some game time. Well done Mr. Elwin.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love mine! It is a pro
Need to spend some time behind a premium maybe

#12716 1 year ago

Pro is a great. I just preferred the Premium on this one. Most of us will recommend what we have be they’re both great. Get what you and your budget both agree on.

#12717 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Pro is a great. I just preferred the Premium on this one. Most of us will recommend what we have be they’re both great. Get what you and your budget both agree on.

you cannot go wrong with either. Elwins games really are on another level. I've' owned pinballs since 2006 and from 2006 to 2022 I played them a total of maybe 100 games TOTAL on all machines combined. In november at an arcade I played playing Godzilla and I became obsessedc with all pinball games again, have have probably put 1000 games just on Iron Maiden and Godzilla alone in two months. He really makes pinball fun for everyone. having the maiden music is also well... awesome.

dmacy thanks for the shout out on the mods that means alot and I really appreciate it.
In your honor I'm putting out a coupon for ANYONE to use till friday 3/3 for 10% off your entire order!
coupon code will be THX-DMACY10

-brian

#12718 1 year ago

I am also posting this here as was recently thinking of getting a new Maiden pin premium version on this rerun as my one and only pin, yes only want one as had in the past and switch out years down the road but always felt for a one pin collection Maiden does not have enough in it. I love the music and theme and hate hate Foo music but have to admit the Foo game looks to be a home run game the way I wished for Maiden with a ton of features. I wished for and Eddie head to eat the balls and spit out or lock in his eyes and mouth through middle of game statue. Heck I even started the thread for Maiden pin to get made 9 years ago (and some pinside member owes me a shirt since game actually got made). Just wanted some of your thoughts if think Maiden still for me. I enjoy flow and shots and ramps. Here is post from other thread. I watched the videos on Foo and want to know why there are so many more features with still a ton of great shots and why Maiden is so plain with only great shots. Still wish Maiden had more in it like I said in the past, sure its pure fun to play but Maiden is missing items and only great shots. Makes me not want a Maiden if can only have or choose a one pin collection (yes in big collection) as was seriously thinking as my one new pin recently. Great job Stern packing the Foo game with stuff now continue to do it on all games. Wish I was at least some kind of foo music fan and will wait for the next heavy metal rock n roll one. Still will enjoy playing the Foo on location location and looks very fun, fast and with flow to play.

#12719 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Just wanted some of your thoughts if think Maiden still for me

Reading your post i think you have already made your mind up and i'm really not sure why you posted all that ??
If you want a playfield feature that spits balls out of it's mouth then find someone wanting to sell their GOTG.
TBH, kinda odd stating that Maiden is plain and doesn't have many features but wanting someone in this thread to change your mind

#12720 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:I am also posting this here as was recently thinking of getting a new Maiden pin premium version on this rerun as my one and only pin, yes only want one as had in the past and switch out years down the road but always felt for a one pin collection Maiden does not have enough in it. I love the music and theme and hate hate Foo music but have to admit the Foo game looks to be a home run game the way I wished for Maiden with a ton of features. I wished for and Eddie head to eat the balls and spit out or lock in his eyes and mouth through middle of game statue. Heck I even started the thread for Maiden pin to get made 9 years ago (and some pinside member owes me a shirt since game actually got made). Just wanted some of your thoughts if think Maiden still for me. I enjoy flow and shots and ramps. Here is post from other thread. I watched the videos on Foo and want to know why there are so many more features with still a ton of great shots and why Maiden is so plain with only great shots. Still wish Maiden had more in it like I said in the past, sure its pure fun to play but Maiden is missing items and only great shots. Makes me not want a Maiden if can only have or choose a one pin collection (yes in big collection) as was seriously thinking as my one new pin recently. Great job Stern packing the Foo game with stuff now continue to do it on all games. Wish I was at least some kind of foo music fan and will wait for the next heavy metal rock n roll one. Still will enjoy playing the Foo on location location and looks very fun, fast and with flow to play.

you really need to play the games your interested in. You'll often find they are not what you thought or you like something else better.
(that happened to me when I went to play a Rush before I bought it, and found Godzilla next to it, then discovered AIQ, and JP too, of course I still got the Rush eventually and it's great too

However If you want a game that has great shots and flow and fun... and has tons of weird "things" check out Godzilla Premium.
or if you want a game with music and lots of stuff on the playfield, get an Iron Maiden and add a bunch of mods.

to me though the game play of IM speaks for itself, it's just insanely fun as are all the Elwin games. Adding stuff/toys to a game doesn't make it better it just makes it more full of stuff. reminds me back of the days CDROMs came out for computers all the games were all flash digitized graphics but the "fun" of the games disappeared as they abandoned game design to just throw sounds and digitized video at you (not saying foo fighters, is just flash, it actually looks super cool, but features don't make a game the play of the game will be what makes it great.

As someone wisely said to me "the first time something grabs the ball and eats it is an awesome moment... but it's just a single moment, eventually you'll be like "ok cool I've seen that 1M times already... just give me the ball back so I can play".

the stuff on the game is just icing. But the foundation of the games is shots and flow and the fun of the game itself.
Just my opinions.

-brian

#12721 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

It is a 4 wire ribbon connection that maybe disconnected from what ever it was, but the original wires may not be reconnected.

The 4 wires on the ribbon cable are black, green, red, blue.

These wires may have been added as part of a Pin Stadium installation. The "Fusion" model of the Pin Stadiums allow you to "tap" into different wires to trigger lighting effects. Consult the Pin Stadium website FAQ to see the instructions.

#12722 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

you really need to play the games your interested in. You'll often find they are not what you thought or you like something else better.
(that happened to me when I went to play a Rush before I bought it, and found Godzilla next to it, then discovered AIQ, and JP too, of course I still got the Rush eventually and it's great too
However If you want a game that has great shots and flow and fun... and has tons of weird "things" check out Godzilla Premium.
or if you want a game with music and lots of stuff on the playfield, get an Iron Maiden and add a bunch of mods.
to me though the game play of IM speaks for itself, it's just insanely fun as are all the Elwin games. Adding stuff/toys to a game doesn't make it better it just makes it more full of stuff. reminds me back of the days CDROMs came out for computers all the games were all flash digitized graphics but the "fun" of the games disappeared as they abandoned game design to just throw sounds and digitized video at you (not saying foo fighters, is just flash, it actually looks super cool, but features don't make a game the play of the game will be what makes it great.
As someone wisely said to me "the first time something grabs the ball and eats it is an awesome moment... but it's just a single moment, eventually you'll be like "ok cool I've seen that 1M times already... just give me the ball back so I can play".
the stuff on the game is just icing. But the foundation of the games is shots and flow and the fun of the game itself.
Just my opinions.
-brian

Thanks very much for detailed reply, enjoyed it and was hoping for a response like this. It’s hard to pick just one game so I beat myself always wanting more in any game made.

#12723 1 year ago

I am also posting this here as was recently thinking of getting a new Maiden pin premium version on this rerun as my one and only pin, yes only want one as had in the past and switch out years down the road but always felt for a one pin collection Maiden does not have enough in it. I love the music and theme and hate hate Foo music but have to admit the Foo game looks to be a home run game the way I wished for Maiden with a ton of features. I wished for and Eddie head to eat the balls and spit out or lock in his eyes and mouth through middle of game statue. Heck I even started the thread for Maiden pin to get made 9 years ago (and some pinside member owes me a shirt since game actually got made). Just wanted some of your thoughts if think Maiden still for me. I enjoy flow and shots and ramps. Here is post from other thread. I watched the videos on Foo and want to know why there are so many more features with still a ton of great shots and why Maiden is so plain with only great shots. Still wish Maiden had more in it like I said in the past, sure its pure fun to play but Maiden is missing items and only great shots. Makes me not want a Maiden if can only have or choose a one pin collection (yes in big collection) as was seriously thinking as my one new pin recently. Great job Stern packing the Foo game with stuff now continue to do it on all games. Wish I was at least some kind of foo music fan and will wait for the next heavy metal rock n roll one. Still will enjoy playing the Foo on location location and looks very fun, fast and with flow to play.

Buy the Maiden NOW, before they are all gone. Play it. Then play it some more. And then keep playing for 6-8 months. After that, if you feel like the game isn’t clicking with you simply sell it. You won’t lose any money on it and then go buy a Foo Fighters pin. And play for Foo for 6-8 months. Then you will realize just how much fun Maiden is with no toys.

#12724 1 year ago

Thanks very much for detailed reply, enjoyed it and was hoping for a response like this. It’s hard to pick just one game so I beat myself always wanting more in any game made.

One game? GZ ... all day. It has elements of Maiden in it and much more.

#12725 1 year ago

To all the IMDN owners: in your opinion why is IMDN such a great game? I ask because I have a Premium coming in May. I recently have been paying attention to all the attention Foo Fighters has been receiving and I think the positivity is well warranted. I actually contacted my distributor and asked if deposits were transferable; he replied no problem. I slept on it and the next day said, "I will stay with Maiden. I have my reasons for keeping my IMDN slot, but I want to really know what makes you think IMDN is a brilliant machine. Cheers.

#12726 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

But so different from one another. I think they complement each other well.

Edit: and one pin is hard. Even though I like steak over chicken, couldn’t stomach steak every night.

#12727 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

To all the IMDN owners: in your opinion why is IMDN such a great game? I ask because I have a Premium coming in May. I recently have been paying attention to all the attention Foo Fighters has been receiving and I think the positivity is well warranted. I actually contacted my distributor and asked if deposits were transferable; he replied no problem. I slept on it and the next day said, "I will stay with Maiden. I have my reasons for keeping my IMDN slot, but I want to really know what makes you think IMDN is a brilliant machine. Cheers.

This is what I posted to you in the Foo thread:

“You do have Godzilla. I feel the foo layout is more similar to Godzilla than maiden. Maiden is different, it has an old school feel to it. The art is exceptional. Go with your gut. I personally would stick with maiden, enjoy it for now and get the foo in a couple of years. That’s what I intend to do.”

You’re looking at Elwin’s first pin vs Danger’s first pin. Can’t go wrong with either. The music in maiden is actually not as bad as I thought it would be. Find myself humming along to it. Both look like great pins. I like the occult feel of Imdn. It’s like a modern Gorgar pinball. Someone mentioned to me it’s like you’re getting a street level game like Sea Witch with 2 really cool ramps. I think of Keith’s games this and JP have his most satisfying ramps. The start of trooper multiball is a joy to see. Just really great game.

#12728 1 year ago

Maiden is fun to play, super hard to master.
Amazing pin, super fast and flowy.
My favourite pin.

I am also getting foo, because it has a maiden flare. I can tell is going to be super fun. I am excited.

#12729 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

This is what I posted to you in the Foo thread:
“You do have Godzilla. I feel the foo layout is more similar to Godzilla than maiden. Maiden is different, it has an old school feel to it. The art is exceptional. Go with your gut. I personally would stick with maiden, enjoy it for now and get the foo in a couple of years. That’s what I intend to do.”
You’re looking at Elwin’s first pin vs Danger’s first pin. Can’t go wrong with either. The music in maiden is actually not as bad as I thought it would be. Find myself humming along to it. Both look like great pins. I like the occult feel of Imdn. It’s like a modern Gorgar pinball. Someone mentioned to me it’s like you’re getting a street level game like Sea Witch with 2 really cool ramps. I think of Keith’s games this and JP have his most satisfying ramps. The start of trooper multiball is a joy to see. Just really great game.

Ya, I remember reading your "go with your gut" statement and believe it or not that was the tipping point for me to stick with Maiden. Appreciate you taking the time to post. Eventually, I will get FF. But for now, Maiden will be a good contrast with 'Zilla.

#12730 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Ya, I remember reading your "go with your gut" statement and believe it or not that was the tipping point for me to stick with Maiden. Appreciate you taking the time to post. Eventually, I will get FF. But for now, Maiden will be a good contrast with 'Zilla.

Believe it or not wife hated the idea of getting maiden. Not our music at all. We actually prefer Seattle grunge. But we played one in the wild once. That was enough to convince the wife that we need one. We both love it. You can play a short game and not feel cheated. It is our most expensive pin we have bought. No regrets! Foo does look good. Neither are typical music pins. They look great pins with good music thrown in.

#12731 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

IMDN is the absolute best pin to learn to play better pinball on imo .The East/West action at the top of the playfield and the North/South action splitting them is Pinball at its best .The Lower/Left portion of the playfield is as tough a area to navigate as there is in pinball .As far as longevity ,Im getting much better recently and joining a league has helped .I’m just starting to get to the Beast here and there and after I finally climb that hill there’s RTTHs to chase which is as challenging a mini wizzard mode as there is .The taunting is Killer ,the music is also and the cabinet/playfield art will have you starring at it while resting in between games .The only part I would call good ,not great ,is the LCD material .I for sure like it just wish there was more and more detailed material .Someone told me that there’s been talk in Team E camp about re doing all the lcd material for a anniversary of the game , not sure which year .Keith and Rick were answering questions on the last GZ stream and were asked what they wish they could change on the pin and they both said this also so you never know Anyways this is all just my opinions ,I’d like to hear what others think of this .

#12732 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Foo Fighters theme is Saturday morning cartoon. Iron Maiden theme is like a Heavy Metal magazine series. FF looks like a lot of fun and I can’t wait to play it on location, but easy decision for me to stay with my IMDN order in May.

#12733 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I’d hit the pause button on releasing FFLe and pick up IMDN Pro instead. I’ll probably end up doing that myself, and have previously owned IMDNLe and GZLe. The pro version is so close, maybe even more exciting to play given the lack of pauses. But I do like the extra features, more rgb, the figures, sarcophagus lock, raised ramp. Prefer the pro art though, more British.

Or come to think of it, Pro versions of IMDN plus FF are nearly the same as FFLe in price.

#12734 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yes I am good with one, it works for me. Not big on the maintenance or trying to fix them myself as electrical shit not for me, etc. I had my TFTC for many years and was happy and wanted to update to a newer Stern game (since the LCD screen introduced, not because of the screen but a model that at least has one as figured might as well take advantage if buying a new in box) and had to have with flow and ramps like my last game. Loved Metallica pin layout and toys but I enjoy Maiden music ten times more (always rock and metal, no trendy alternative for me) and agree Godzilla is fun to play but I have more personal taste tied to Maiden. With the new run it’s a great opportunity and hard to find that home run everything pin. I am in no rush and play on location but always wanted a new game when right one with the right stuff came about. I will keep it for a few years anyway if pick Maiden. Is Maiden a plus from a maintenance perspective for having less toys or moveable pieces to less possible breakdowns as compared to any other game with more moving functions. Also, thanks for everyone’s posts and helps and enjoyed reading them and reason I posted in this thread.

#12735 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

But so different from one another. I think they complement each other well.
Edit: and one pin is hard. Even though I like steak over chicken, couldn’t stomach steak every night.

Indeed, i have both IM and GZ, when i play in one, and then in another, the difference of play is huge, they are way different , they give different sensations, but, both are amazing, both are keepers, they are going anywhere from my gameroom!

#12736 1 year ago

Yes I am good with one, it works for me. Not big on the maintenance or trying to fix them myself as electrical shit not for me, etc. I had my TFTC for many years and was happy and wanted to update to a newer Stern game (since the LCD screen introduced, not because of the screen but a model that at least has one as figured might as well take advantage if buying a new in box) and had to have with flow and ramps like my last game. Loved Metallica pin layout and toys but I enjoy Maiden music ten times more (always rock and metal, no trendy alternative for me) and agree Godzilla is fun to play but I have more personal taste tied to Maiden. With the new run it’s a great opportunity and hard to find that home run everything pin. I am in no rush and play on location but always wanted a new game when right one with the right stuff came about. I will keep it for a few years anyway if pick Maiden. Is Maiden a plus from a maintenance perspective for having less toys or moveable pieces to less possible breakdowns as compared to any other game with more moving functions. Also, thanks for everyone’s posts and helps and enjoyed reading them and reason I posted in this thread.

If you want as little maintenance as possible you better buy the Pro and not the Premium or else you will be adjusting spoons for the rest of your life.

#12737 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

If you want as little maintenance as possible you better buy the Pro and not the Premium or else you will be adjusting spoons for the rest of your life.

Not on issue on both the LE I used to own or my current Premium.

#12738 1 year ago

I’m looking for the following 2 plastic pieces. I’d rather not spend $160 for a full set.

Anyone have these 2 pieces for sale or know where to source them?

A5F6645A-B90C-43E7-BABF-26854EB50964 (resized).jpegA5F6645A-B90C-43E7-BABF-26854EB50964 (resized).jpegC9809D0F-C29A-4157-B2FE-E9A1CD334AC6 (resized).jpegC9809D0F-C29A-4157-B2FE-E9A1CD334AC6 (resized).jpeg
#12739 1 year ago

Alrighty! February was rough with everyone here at home getting sick, but finished my alternative paint offering prototype for the Anubis statue (along with the last Clairvoyant updates). I'll be completing my dedicated IMDN project thread this evening along with details on purchasing this one and the Clairvoyant.

Note: If anyone that bought my previous color scheme for the Anubis wants this updated version, shoot me a DM.

2023-03-04 20.57.23 (resized).jpg2023-03-04 20.57.23 (resized).jpg2023-03-04 21.02.43 (resized).jpg2023-03-04 21.02.43 (resized).jpg
#12740 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Alrighty! February was rough with everyone here at home getting sick, but finished my alternative paint offering prototype for the Anubis statue (along with the last Clairvoyant updates). I'll be completing my dedicated IMDN project thread this evening along with details on purchasing this one and the Clairvoyant.
Note: If anyone that bought my previous color scheme for the Anubis wants this updated version, shoot me a DM.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great job bud

#12741 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

looks awesome, where is the link to this?
thanks

#12742 1 year ago

Looking great.

#12743 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Looks great!

#12744 1 year ago

looks awesome, where is the link to this?
thanks

Still working on my forum thread, but have the Anubis pre-order listing ready for that batch:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1363-cheko-s-shop/07981-iron-maiden-anubis

Its a small-ish batch, as I have a few other current requests to take care of along with the Clairvoyant. Need to organize all that this this week.

#12745 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Completely disagree, get them set correctly and use a little blue loc tite on the threaded pieces and they can be very solid. Haven't adjusted mine in 1.5 years, roughly 2k games. They are touchy and difficult to dial in but not impossible!

See this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/209#post-6656971

#12746 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

The painted version looks very nice - just placed my preorder. Great job!

#12747 1 year ago

This thing was a bit of a pain to install on the pro but boy does it look cool. It's a little dark on the pro though since you lose all of the backboard GI. I need to figure out where I can mount an LED strip to light up that back area of the playfield.

Can anyone tell me if the polarity matters for the GI sockets for these games, or can I solder in another socket in any orientation?

PXL_20230306_233255194 (resized).jpgPXL_20230306_233255194 (resized).jpg

#12748 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

This thing was a bit of a pain to install on the pro but boy does it look cool. It's a little dark on the pro though since you lose all of the backboard GI. I need to figure out where I can mount an LED strip to light up that back area of the playfield.
Can anyone tell me if the polarity matters for the GI sockets for these games, or can I solder in another socket in any orientation?
[quoted image]

that's the same issue i'm having. not a fan of how the light kind of reflects off of it with a satin shimmer. Would be better with a full flat. but does need more lighting. I'm sampling with some items and techniques to hopefully make it nicer.

#12749 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's the same issue i'm having. not a fan of how the light kind of reflects off of it with a satin shimmer. Would be better with a full flat. but does need more lighting. I'm sampling with some items and techniques to hopefully make it nicer.

FWIW with pinstadiums - no lighting problems with the new backboard. I can't imagine this game without the pinstadiums, and not only for this reason.

#12750 1 year ago

I have the backboard on the way (for a premium) but I do have a LED strip ordered just in case the back of the game looks a bit dark. However, I'm also curious as to where the best place would be to mount the LED strip. Along the backboard, or at the top of the cabinet above it (which would be a bit of a problem with cabling attached to any GI lighting when you want to take the playfield out)? Has anyone added an led strip and can suggest a good mount spot?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/255 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.