(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 498 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 317.
#12651 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

I had the same problem, i bought the Cliffys carbon protector and took off that metal part that bends and since i no longer have problems.
Cliffys does always amazing products.

Definitely. I was getting stuck balls theres pretty frequently along with drastic slow downs of loop shots. Big enough play experience changing to the carbon protector slip.

#12652 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Also when that metal protector starts curling from all the drop impacts, it can prevent it from freely moving around those edges. Forces it to push up against those areas and slow down enough to keep it stuck. Cant tell from the reflections, but is your protector still flush with the playfield or starting to curve?

Good call but yes still flat and down. It’s fine at this point.

#12653 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

$20 for the presentation pack is a pretty good deal.
$150 for the gold set seems kinda crazy, but they have less than 500 of the 1975 limited sets left, so they're going pretty fast. $199 Platinum sets are gone already.
Personally, I like the framed Eddie fan sheet a lot!
There's a LOT of Maiden-themed mail items available:
https://shop.royalmail.com/special-stamp-issues/iron-maiden

snagged a framed set and the Platinum on day 1! still waiting to ship

#12654 1 year ago

Wondering if the protector could be made of TPU just like the scoop protector on Rush.

#12655 1 year ago

I acquire a Imdn with the Mezelmods arch. The columns aren’t lit very well. The plastic seems really thick and the light isn’t that noticeable through the hieroglyphics. Did they do a newer run of these that fixed this?
32093F5A-1BD7-4DF0-B9E1-2DC02C650270 (resized).jpeg32093F5A-1BD7-4DF0-B9E1-2DC02C650270 (resized).jpeg

Edit: just worked out I have version 1 which connects through the 3 pin CN5 on the node board near the drops. Wonder if version 2 lights up better. Oh well, at least the ball on top lights up nicely.

#12656 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I acquire a Imdn with the Mezelmods arch. The columns aren’t lit very well. The plastic seems really thick and the light isn’t that noticeable through the hieroglyphics. Did they do a newer run of these that fixed this?
[quoted image]
Edit: just worked out I have version 1 which connects through the 3 pin CN5 on the node board near the drops. Wonder if version 2 lights up better. Oh well, at least the ball on top lights up nicely.

Comet pinball makes a spot light kit that will brighten any area

#12657 1 year ago

I quite like it...

Had to file a small bit of the sculpt away for the guardian mech. Also had to take a rasp to the wood above the guardian, his ears were hitting the top and preventing full travel. Recommend adding three posts on the right side, just like his instructions say to include on the left. Also paint the white wood behind the guardian (I used sharpies) else you see that ugly white when it's in the down position.

20230219_161021@12 (resized).jpg20230219_161021@12 (resized).jpg20230219_160833 (resized).jpg20230219_160833 (resized).jpg20230219_142206 (resized).jpg20230219_142206 (resized).jpg
#12658 1 year ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

I quite like it...
Had to file a small bit of the sculpt away for the guardian mech. Also had to take a rasp to the wood above the guardian, his ears were hitting the top and preventing full travel. Recommend adding three posts on the right side, just like his instructions say to include on the left. Also paint the white wood behind the guardian (I used sharpies) else you see that ugly white when it's in the down position.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you but not need to cut any wood! not sure why you did it.
there is very easy adjustment by the micro switch on the back that will solve it from touching the top and still open as it should. please see it also on the installation video.

super cool idea for the back white wood . i will may make a decal that people can print for this area or to send it for free. will see

Thanks!

#12659 1 year ago

I’m going through my games doing odds and ends. Up next is Maiden! What a game my only pro and loving it.

Anyways it came with some stuff I am clueless on.

Number 1 item is a LED light

Number 2 is LED controller

Number 3 is a uninstalled cliffy.

Number 4 Orb mod with no destructions or bar code to use.

Number 5 mystery wires.

Ill post some pics let me know what I have and what to do.

Thanks in advance.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#12660 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I’m going through my games doing odds and ends. Up next is Maiden! What a game my only pro and loving it.
Number 5 mystery wires.
Thanks in advance.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Don't you love it when a new pin comes with mystery wires?? LOL

I would guess they are for a mod of some sort. Number 1 lookes like a standard modern Stern flash lamp pcb.

#12661 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I am sure you are the dick..ha ha.. Just some humor to lighten you up a little.

pinmeme (resized).jpgpinmeme (resized).jpg

#12662 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Number 5 mystery wires.
Thanks in advance.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#2 is for speaker light RGB control of the lights for the speakers
#3 Is half the shooter lane protector set (I only see one piece in the bag)

#12663 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Number 5 mystery wires.
Thanks in advance.

#1 is probably the white original pharaoh eye light. if you have the red eyes now, that could be the original white light.
#2 probably belonged to an LED strip that was connected to your #5 mystery wires and is now missing.

#12664 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Maybe Lermods can point you toward instructions to their orb kit install instructions.

#12665 1 year ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

#1 is probably the white original pharaoh eye light. if you have the red eyes now, that could be the original white light.
#2 probably belonged to an LED strip that was connected to your #5 mystery wires and is now missing.

Thanks this place never ceases to amaze me.

Bingo #2 is solved.

#12666 1 year ago

Ok...need some opinions! I know it's always personal taste/situation. NIB pro for 6700 or wait and pay the 10k for premium when I can get one. Not that the extra 3k is chump change but i can swing it. I have only played the pro a few times. Love the theme and the game.

Thanks

#12667 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Ok...need some opinions! I know it's always personal taste/situation. NIB pro for 6700 or wait and pay the 10k for premium when I can get one. Not that the extra 3k is chump change but i can swing it. I have only played the pro a few times. Love the theme and the game.
Thanks

I was in the same boat as you. This is most likely the last run of IM, so I decided to go with the Premium. It's the complete game and what Elwin intended. Quite the difference in price, but I won't be buying too many more games in the future so I can justify it. Hoping it stays on schedule and Looking forward to May.

#12668 1 year ago

oops double post

#12669 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Thanks

$6700 NIB sounds good today. Pros are listed for sale at over 7K used currently, so that's a deal. I also prefer the pro and would recommend it over the premium.

#12670 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Thanks

Sound like money is not a big issue. If that were me I would wait for a premium.

#12671 1 year ago

I like the pro a lot and only see the premium slowing the game down plus making it a lot easier (no more ramp shots to start a mode and easier orb shot)
As much as I like premiums, to me, this one is just better as a pro.

#12672 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I like the pro a lot and only see the premium slowing the game down plus making it a lot easier (no more ramp shots to start a mode and easier orb shot)

I like mechs and the (I think) extra lighting features etc. If a premium was available and say 8500 awesome. But makes it tough so many people are split with which is better and the cost at 3k less is so nice on the pro.

#12673 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Thanks

I've played both a lot and find the premium a far better pinball experience. If you want one of the most stripped-down speed machines, the pro is the way to go. If you want more interaction, mechs, and interesting strategy, the premium is the way to go. I find the premium to be crazy fast while adding in some nice interaction, much like iron man does, just better.

#12674 1 year ago

IMDN is the only Pro level pin I own (opting for LE/Prem on all my others) and for me personally, wouldn't upgrade to the premium for $3k. That's mainly a testament to how good the game is in general that you don't need the extra stuff for it to be a great pin.

#12675 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

First off, both great games, and I've played both extensively. I've never heard an IMDN premium owner say "I wish I had a pro". You can certainly make the argument that the pro is a better bang-for-your-buck. But money aside, there is a clear winner. Anyone who has spent some time on a premium knows that.

#12676 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

First off, both great games, and I've played both extensively. I've never heard an IMDN premium owner say "I wish I had a pro". You can certainly make the argument that the pro is a better bang-for-your-buck. But money aside, there is a clear winner. Anyone who has spent some time on a premium knows that.

I actually do know a guy who downgraded. But that said if someone wants to swap their premium for my pro, let me know.

#12677 1 year ago

Node board 8 not found yesterday on a 2017 machine.

Many others had same issue of node board suddenly letting go?

Skippy2904

#12678 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

New flipper protectors installed. Look great with the Metallic lettering.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think those look great. I wanted to ask about the custom shooter rod, it looks awesome, but how does it feel to grab and use? Seems like it would feel a bit rough on the hands or no?

#12679 1 year ago
Quoted from Skippy2904:

Node board 8 not found yesterday on a 2017 machine.

Which components are specifically on this node board? Just been dealing with the Rush node board drama for the last year and I got a Maiden Premium coming. Really don't feel like getting out the solder kit again, lol.

#12680 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Which components are specifically on this node board? Just been dealing with the Rush node board drama for the last year and I got a Maiden Premium coming. Really don't feel like getting out the solder kit again, lol.

Chap here in NZ who has repaired a few of these successfully, thinks it is the TO220 diode failing / shorting causing the 6v regulator to blow. I am concerned that something on playfield is shorting. Time will tell once he gets to have a look at it in week or so.

Skippy2904

#12681 1 year ago

Anyone put precision flippers on maiden? I keep the game steep and have trouble getting the ball up center ramp often. Wondering if they help

#12682 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Thanks

This is the only pro game I have in my line up, and I love it. I wanted the pro version for the different feel of not having the mechs slowing me down if I want a quick game.

I may upgrade to a LE at some point but IDK, love it as is. And I paid 7k for my used pro so 6,700 NIB is a done deal

#12683 1 year ago
Quoted from PBlank:

I think those look great. I wanted to ask about the custom shooter rod, it looks awesome, but how does it feel to grab and use? Seems like it would feel a bit rough on the hands or no?

I would not recommend my shooter rod. Almost impossible to hold. Maybe that is part of the appeal? Came with the game. Kind of an S&M thing which likely goes well with the IM theme.

#12684 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Thanks

I would take the pro now. It's a very good game. Yes, the premium / le is the complete package (I own a LE). The ball lock, underworld ramp etc... But, as most pro machines, it's (nearly) the same fun. If you miss anything, you can sell the pro and get a premium later.

#12685 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Anyone put precision flippers on maiden? I keep the game steep and have trouble getting the ball up center ramp often. Wondering if they help

You can find feedback at this thread too by doing a search using "maiden" or "IMDN" as the keyword:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system

#12686 1 year ago

I thought NIB pro games are now $6900?

#12687 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I actually do know a guy who downgraded. But that said if someone wants to swap their premium for my pro, let me know.

You also know a guy who upgraded!

#12688 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

You can find feedback at this thread too by doing a search using "maiden" or "IMDN" as the keyword:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system

Haly Shat...how steep do you keep it? Ramp isn't that extreme.

I always feel a rule of thumb is between 6 and 7 degrees at the playfield via inclinometer. I'm usually around 6.5. Not sure why anyone would want above 7, but if your left flipper especially can't make that ramp, I'd investigate the coils/stops/linkage. Might be time for a tune-up

#12689 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Would have to agree here on almost all or all games. I put the deposit down on the pro...tough decision. I have the money for a premium but it's like man do I feel 3k is worth it? Maybe haha. If they were both available I may have gone premium but I'll slap an external sub on, get a mod or two and let her rip. Thx for the advice all. Appreciate the input and feedback.

#12690 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I have them and think it helps a lot. The center shot is much easier, from either flipper and hitting the super tight ramp shots on this game becomes easier. Everyone who plays my machine got a personal best after I put them on, the difference is noticeable pretty much immediately.

Before I could hit the center ramp shot from the right flipper but it would JUST make it up and hit the target. Now it has a nice bit of power and makes it there easily, with the settings turned down. If you keep full power you will actually start overshooting things and get crazy airballs.

The only issue I have is a little bit of a hop when the ball gets to the flipper on the inlane. It's annoying but I can probably fix it with some tinkering
, just haven't been bothered enough to do it yet. It seems like not everyone gets inlane hop though, it might have to do with the rubbers I'm using.

#12691 1 year ago

Duplicate post

#12692 1 year ago

Age old question here i know guys but wondering if the premium is worth the upgrade from the pro.... thoughts from owners?

I have owned a pro but sold it couple years ago so I know the pro is a good shooting game Looking to get a Maiden back and not sure whether to upgrade and give the premium a go.

#12693 1 year ago

This is pondered every 3rd post in this thread.It will never be solved without a poll.Short answer get the premium.

#12694 1 year ago

Does code 1.12 need the IC ?

#12695 1 year ago

Premium for sure. But, I would assume that all the Premium slots for May have been accounted for already.

Quoted from John1210:

Age old question here i know guys but wondering if the premium is worth the upgrade from the pro.... thoughts from owners?

#12696 1 year ago

I tore the machine down in November for a spa day that turned into 3 months I got all my work done but going to play it and the bottom 2 flippers are not working but the top 2 are .They work in test though .Also software was acting up .When I seen the flippers weren’t working I tossed the ball around and a game that ended ,did so on the screen (started rolling through high scores etc) but the playfield looked as if it was still in play .A ball was in the lock that never came out .Anyway shit gone haywire .So I’m trying to see if a update will help out but 1.12 will not download (i need IC soon on the never ending list ) .Any thoughts ?

20E1A6A9-BF99-45D1-90F8-9FA5D4529E8A (resized).jpeg20E1A6A9-BF99-45D1-90F8-9FA5D4529E8A (resized).jpeg46E401E4-5813-4341-AB34-4A6CB37A7F2F (resized).jpeg46E401E4-5813-4341-AB34-4A6CB37A7F2F (resized).jpeg75C14440-FE9C-41FF-9E55-0AE6EB1BA241 (resized).png75C14440-FE9C-41FF-9E55-0AE6EB1BA241 (resized).png77ED5D51-7B70-47BB-828E-89B8465061AD (resized).jpeg77ED5D51-7B70-47BB-828E-89B8465061AD (resized).jpeg
#12697 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

I have owned a pro but sold it couple years ago so I know the pro is a good shooting game Looking to get a Maiden back and not sure whether to upgrade and give the premium a go.

FWIW, the same question was asked and responded to further up the page.

I personally think the Premium/LE versions are the best with which to fully enjoy the game.

#12698 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Thanks

I was a pro owner for the past 3 years. Changed to a premium just recently. Do I think the premium is worth it? No it's not. I was perfectly happy with the pro.
I didn't have captive ball problems with the pro.
Didn't have orb ball problems.
Playfield art is better on the pro. Not a fan on how they outlined the words on the premium. I like the playfield art without the black outlining.

Fear of the dark mode is 1000X's better on the Pro. On the pro, the game gets dimmer and dimmer, as you don't hit your shots. Well integrated into the mode. (PRO ONLY).
On the premium. Someone did the GI's like a toddler, and made them half red and half white. So the art package looks like cold dog shit. And in fear of the dark and mummy multiball, it shuts off the white side of the GI's so it's red only. Looks like shit all around. HUGE miss step for stern to do this on the premium and a huge downgrade from the pro. I got rid of my red LED's and put in dimmer sunlight white, than the paired GI socket. So art looks great like it should and does on the pro. But when fear of the dark, and mummy shut off the bright side. I goes super dim for those modes. But loses the gradual dimming effect that the pro has.

So overall. Stick with the pro, because the Premium is not worth the extra bucks at all.

#12699 1 year ago

Just upgraded my Pro with the Premium center ramp.

2911661C-DF9B-47D8-956E-ED2F797512CB (resized).jpeg2911661C-DF9B-47D8-956E-ED2F797512CB (resized).jpegD7C65540-CCD6-497D-B3DB-94E30D3DF8DE (resized).jpegD7C65540-CCD6-497D-B3DB-94E30D3DF8DE (resized).jpeg
#12700 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I was a pro owner for the past 3 years. Changed to a premium just recently. Do I think the premium is worth it? No it's not. I was perfectly happy with the pro.
I didn't have captive ball problems with the pro.
Didn't have orb ball problems.
Playfield art is better on the pro. Not a fan on how they outlined the words on the premium. I like the playfield art without the black outlining.
Fear of the dark mode is 1000X's better on the Pro. On the pro, the game gets dimmer and dimmer, as you don't hit your shots. Well integrated into the mode. (PRO ONLY).
On the premium. Someone did the GI's like a toddler, and made them half red and half white. So the art package looks like cold dog shit. And in fear of the dark and mummy multiball, it shuts off the white side of the GI's so it's red only. Looks like shit all around. HUGE miss step for stern to do this on the premium and a huge downgrade from the pro. I got rid of my red LED's and put in dimmer sunlight white, than the paired GI socket. So art looks great like it should and does on the pro. But when fear of the dark, and mummy shut off the bright side. I goes super dim for those modes. But loses the gradual dimming effect that the pro has.
So overall. Stick with the pro, because the Premium is not worth the extra bucks at all.

I only acquired my LE about a month ago. I am not an LE guy, but one came up with Gus and other enhancements for a fair but large price and I bit the bullet. I enjoy the underworld lifting up and the sarcophagus enhancements with the mummy target far too much to do without. I don’t have any problems with the orb or captive ball. No regrets, I’m sure the pro is great. I own a twd pro, had a STh pro and turtles pro. Would not want these in premium or Le form. But I do want these extras in maiden. You’re not going to get one consistent answer but don’t think you can lose with either version.

Edit. Don’t know why you would be downvoted just giving your opinion. Is this the bond 60th thread, sheesh!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 16.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/254?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.