(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 317.
#12551 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

topper WIP update. this rough draft puts us at about.....30%? ish. Theres a huge chunk of stuff on my list we need to slowly add and figure out. These stained glass windows will light up along with the cards in the game. Maybe first working prototype sometime in the summer.
Clairvoyant is needing an extra week or two before officially offering it. Instead of rotating the existing RGB PCB board to shoot up into the ball, I'm fitting in its own light in order to maintain the spotlight underneath. Just got in a few different lights I'll be testing this weekend.
Once kiddo starts daycare in a couple of days and gain some time during the day again, I'll sort my stuff further and make that thread to not spam here updates =)

Doodled some stuff but still mulling over placements and poses. might be a few months =/[quoted image]

Can’t wait to get my hands on some of these mods.

#12552 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So the ball hang up spot between the sarcophagus and centre ramp, are people making their own or buying the mezel mods one. Just postage to Australia sucks now.

I just used a piece of scrap petg I had around, cut it into a triangular sliver that fit the area, ordered standoffs and made my own.

current trap area (resized).jpgcurrent trap area (resized).jpgstep-1-fix (resized).jpgstep-1-fix (resized).jpgstandoffs (resized).jpgstandoffs (resized).jpgstep-2-fix (resized).jpgstep-2-fix (resized).jpg

#12553 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

topper WIP update. this rough draft puts us at about.....30%? ish. Theres a huge chunk of stuff on my list we need to slowly add and figure out. These stained glass windows will light up along with the cards in the game. Maybe first working prototype sometime in the summer.

Really looking fantastic already.

#12554 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just used a piece of scrap petg I had around, cut it into a triangular sliver that fit the area, ordered standoffs and made my own

I've been having the same issue and got in touch with gouveia who pointed me to your post from 3 yrs ago vic. Can't believe I never saw it back then.

I got some acrylic laser cut and sent it over to Steve who had the idea of countersinking the screws but keeping the hex post the same height. The ball just rolls right over it now. Works and looks perfect.

This is how it turned out. It's blue due to the protective film still on the acrylic.

If anyone is interested just send me a pm. I'll supply posts, screws ect with it also.
IMG_20230127_140144 (resized).jpgIMG_20230127_140144 (resized).jpgIMG_20230127_160608~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20230127_160608~2 (resized).jpg

#12555 1 year ago
Quoted from Sutol:

I've been having the same issue and got in touch with gouveia who pointed me to your post from 3 yrs ago vic. Can't believe I never saw it back then.
I got some acrylic laser cut and sent it over to Steve who had the idea of countersinking the screws but keeping the hex post the same height. The ball just rolls right over it now. Works and looks perfect.
This is how it turned out. It's blue due to the protective film still on the acrylic.
If anyone is interested just send me a pm. I'll supply posts, screws ect with it also.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Haha, yours looks much cleaner than mine. I literally just cut the plastic to shape with some shears and drilled the holes I marked with a sharpie. But pretty much anyone can make this with parts they have local to them or within a few days shipping (for standoffs, etc). I never had a ball get stuck after I made this.

#12556 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Clairvoyant is needing an extra week or two before officially offering it. Instead of rotating the existing RGB PCB board to shoot up into the ball, I'm fitting in its own light in order to maintain the spotlight underneath. Just got in a few different lights I'll be testing this weekend.
Once kiddo starts daycare in a couple of days and gain some time during the day again, I'll sort my stuff further and make that thread to not spam here updates =)

Doodled some stuff but still mulling over placements and poses. might be a few months =/[quoted image]

I’m really digging this topper bud!!! I’ll be following

#12557 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Sorry for late reply!
I actually was after a premium. Not a LE guy at all. And I really like the back glass of the premium.
That being said, wasn’t sure if I could get a new premium anymore. And the used premium price is up there. The cab art on the LE is awesome, for that alone I am happy I paid more for the LE.
The spitfire theme is the art for the LE which also includes the mirrored backglass. The topper is the aces high topper which is fairly cool but not as cool as the Elvira topper for the same price. It does round off the package nicely.
My playfield just came with a few mods, the best being the sarcophagus mod.
Picture as requested. [quoted image]

The color choice on your post rubbers is nice. I will copy them.

That topper looks cool. Wish I could find one!

I also just order a full playfield protector. I will post pictures of the installation.

#12558 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Package deal for me. Wooooo

#12559 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

This looks super cool. If I had room for a topper I'd be very interested. The stained glass theme is great.

#12560 1 year ago

What is a good source for IM strategy and rules? Any good videos?

#12561 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

IE pinball

#12562 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

This one is pretty good.

This one is a ltitle slow but you can probably pick up some tips from it.

There's also the loop strategy which needs no video. You just hit the loop from the upper right flipper as many times as you can. If you can hit it 40+ times in a game you will get big bonuses and score really well. It's enough to get a good score without doing anything else, it's just really hard for us mere mortals.

#12563 1 year ago

A couple of good tutorials that are more recent :

#12564 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

that stained glass drawings are amazing! <3

#12565 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

I thought my son and I were hardcore Maiden fans and here you are making a Church of Maiden! Epic!!!

#12566 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

I thought my son and I were hardcore Maiden fans and here you are making a Church of Maiden! Epic!!!

Nice! that he's a fan as well. Our kiddo is just a couple of months old right now but I dream and wish when he gets older he shares the same taste in music as me. At least appreciate the music over the decades.

#12567 1 year ago

Sleal16 I can't wait for that Oracle! The topper is amazing!

#12568 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Nice! that he's a fan as well. Our kiddo is just a couple of months old right now but I dream and wish when he gets older he shares the same taste in music as me. At least appreciate the music over the decades.

Awesome! He will Daddy-o! We are going to see Metallica this summer too (he is 13 and brother 15). Check out his tribute wall to Maiden! He also made a custom 3d printed 7th son jumbo lego. Kid is obsessed!

ACEF487B-4676-4240-A32D-B766782375CF (resized).jpegACEF487B-4676-4240-A32D-B766782375CF (resized).jpegB6B52F0E-179B-4FE8-8C19-DCA5E2D75ABF (resized).jpegB6B52F0E-179B-4FE8-8C19-DCA5E2D75ABF (resized).jpeg
#12569 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Awesome! He will Daddy-o! We are going to see Metallica this summer too (he is 13 and brother 15). Check out his tribute wall to Maiden! He also made a custom 3d printed 7th son jumbo lego. Kid is obsessed![quoted image][quoted image]

Those lego eddie's are awesome. If my wife wasnt so fed up with all my personal prints taking up space I'd get those made...maybe after we get the house fixed up and make my own little hideaway. Love those pops...just missing the Stranger in a strange land chase?

#12570 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Start them off early!

#12571 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

This one is pretty good.

This one is a ltitle slow but you can probably pick up some tips from it.
There's also the loop strategy which needs no video. You just hit the loop from the upper right flipper as many times as you can. If you can hit it 40+ times in a game you will get big bonuses and score really well. It's enough to get a good score without doing anything else, it's just really hard for us mere mortals.

Bowens Videos are amazing! I see that I need to go for the 5 triangle objectives to get Cyborg MB. He recommends not flipping for the upper loop even though its really fun shot.

#12572 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

Bowens Videos are amazing! I see that I need to go for the 5 triangle objectives to get Cyborg MB. He recommends not flipping for the upper loop even though its really fun shot.

Yeah he says not to go for the loop shot but I only manage to do that for like 5 minutes before I'm shooting it again. It's such a satisfying shot to go make, I can't not shoot at it.

It is good practice though to do what he says. Just shoot the middle ramp and catch it on the left flipper over and over. If you can do that every time it goes a long way.

#12573 1 year ago

Keith Elwin goes for the loop shot a lot when he plays.

Of course ... he's Keith Elwin though.

#12574 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

ive had the captive balls, actually extend beyond the spoon and get hung up on the outside edge. So I cleaned everything extensively. used a little bit of teflon, on the spoon. and adjusted the spoon assembly, so it's perfectly center when neutral. Havn't had any hangups since.

This is exactly what mine did! The post unscrewed then got hung up. Still not perfect. Some hits don't register. The leaf springs spacing needs to be perfect.

Next I am adding insider connect to the coin door.
20230203_154115 (resized).jpg20230203_154115 (resized).jpg

#12575 1 year ago

yup, too much spring, and it gets hung up. too little and won't register hits. Try a grease of teflon or precision lube on the end of the spike. Helps a lot with resistance.

#12576 1 year ago

Seems like the spoon should have a lip so the post can't get outside of the outer diameter. Might be an easy 3d print to fix it, I don't have a premium though so I can't say for sure without seeing it in person.

#12577 1 year ago

that print would have to be perfectly smooth. any rough part, and it will hang up.

#12578 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that print would have to be perfectly smooth. any rough part, and it will hang up.

I see what you mean, might be tight tolerance wise too. Maybe it could clip on from the top so the only part that touches the post would be the rim.

#12579 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think I like the 3d printed part idea. I would keep the spoon as is, just add something around the perimeter so the post cannot get past the spoon, do all of that while keeping the original spoon, sort of guard rails for the spoon.

also do not know for sure as I only have the pro, but I have been thinking to upgrade since this pin has become a big favourite of mine (unexpectedly) and it has not left my house in nearly 1.5 years now. This is the longest staying pin in this household.

I think the spoon rail can attach to the base of the switch, using the same screws... Now I just need a premium to prototype. Excuse unlocked. lololol

#12580 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Keith Elwin goes for the loop shot a lot when he plays.
Of course ... he's Keith Elwin though.

I don'r blame him, it is one of my favourite shots in pinball

#12581 1 year ago

you don't need a ridge around the spoon. Just a slightly bigger diameter spoon. It just barely goes off the edge.. if it was 1/16" bigger, it wouldn't be able to .

#12582 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you don't need a ridge around the spoon. Just a slightly bigger diameter spoon. It just barely goes off the edge.. if it was 1/16" bigger, it wouldn't be able to .

yeah but I do not think you can 3d print these without a lot of steps, and people say the tip will get caught (not sure if it will), so my thought was, to use the original part which seems to be a popper switch spoon, with a an attachment around it. Similar to what has been been done for the stand up targets (anti sway) by adding support around it.

#12583 1 year ago

yes, keeping the original slippery center cone would work. maybe a snap on piece on the backside of the spoon?

#12584 1 year ago

Some new flipper button protectors I am making for IM. Made from black plexiglass, very easy install, just remove the lock down bar. Installed with two screws.

PM if interested. Thanks.

5238F332-46DF-4B2A-9223-F2D850FC5CD7 (resized).jpeg5238F332-46DF-4B2A-9223-F2D850FC5CD7 (resized).jpeg60251090-0601-4147-865D-F500691BC74C (resized).jpeg60251090-0601-4147-865D-F500691BC74C (resized).jpeg

#12585 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Some new flipper button protectors I am making for IM. Made from black plexiglass, very easy install, just remove the lock down bar. Installed with two screws.
PM if interested. Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'd be interested if they didn't require screws through cabinet art, is it possible to retain then with a thin double sided tape.

#12586 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I'd be interested if they didn't require screws through cabinet art, is it possible to retain then with a thin double sided tape.

They would stay in place with tape but not sure if that may cause more damage. I use small screws so very little damage to side decals. All Stern side rails require screws (see image). Thanks.

D5EE15EC-7589-41FB-A3D6-17D3B2C1DC05 (resized).jpegD5EE15EC-7589-41FB-A3D6-17D3B2C1DC05 (resized).jpeg
#12587 1 year ago

I would suggest the 3m releasable hangar type of adhesive or something similar.

#12588 1 year ago

what is the thickness of the material?

Not to beat on the thing but if you were to use screws I would not use a random location but the same location as the original armour, in that case, you do not end up with another set of holes if you ever decide to upgrade.

I would also worry about the thickness of the material and how it would interfere with hands. Not a fan of textures or holes where my hand lay down/wrap around the lock-bar.
These look like 3mm+ thick and that would definitely bother my hand I think.

Definitely a good idea, but I would never personally add screw holes to the side of my cab for a temporary mod like this, especially if made of acrylic. If the thing breaks and you go MIA tomorrow and I cannot get a replacement then I am SOL. That is all the chuck Norris acronyms I know, YMMV. lolol

I would recommend installing these with 3m double sided tape (the commercial grade, very thin, super cheap on Ali Express). It easily comes off with isopropyl when needed.

#12589 1 year ago

And so it begins. Installing another playfield protector. I did one on my Godzilla Pro and Deadpool. I love how they protect the playfield and how smooth they are. Super durable. No more dimples. No more wax.

First time doing this on IM premium. I enjoy the process. I'll post a video on the install.

20230209_170647 (resized).jpg20230209_170647 (resized).jpg

#12590 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

And so it begins. Installing another playfield protector. I did one on my Godzilla Pro and Deadpool. I love how the protect the playfield and how smooth they are. Super durable. No more dimples.
First time doing this on IM premium. I enjoy the process. I'll post a video on the install.
[quoted image]

Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 10.55.52 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-02-09 at 10.55.52 PM (resized).png
#12591 1 year ago

I just released a video for the ultimate mod for your Iron Maiden Pinball machine! cruise on over and check it out!

#12592 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

I just released a video for the ultimate mod for your Iron Maiden Pinball machine! cruise on over and check it out!

I love the looks of this, but I don't like that you lose all the lighting from the entire back panel. Darkens up the back of the machine a lot. At first I was excited about it. The more I looked at it, the more I didn't like losing all the lighting. At $400 I might be in and do some specific ambient flood light mod attachments. But for $700-800. I'm out.

#12593 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I love the looks of this, but I don't like that you lose all the lighting from the entire back panel. Darkens up the back of the machine a lot. At first I was excited about it. The more I looked at it, the more I didn't like losing all the lighting. At $400 I might be in and do some specific ambient flood light mod attachments. But for $700-800. I'm out.

This was my only problem with the Pirates mod. I don't like things that block out the lighting and light shows.

#12594 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

This was my only problem with the Pirates mod. I don't like things that block out the lighting and light shows.

those GI's light up a lot on the back of the game on this. To lose that makes it look like stuff is burnt out.

#12595 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The maker of the mod recommends a small led light strip that you can buy for like $20 to lighten the backboard area up.

#12596 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

The second we start pulling out pliers to bend metal, it’s all over for me. I actually like the background the way it is. Cheers!

#12597 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

Thanks!

Just waiting for mine to arive - along with my Oracle figure. (SIGH)

#12598 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

pm sent I think I have a solution for you

Quoted from metalkatt:

The second we start pulling out pliers to bend metal, it’s all over for me. I actually like the background the way it is. Cheers!

The game owner that Alex toke the video of installation had many mods and changed many things on the game. there is NO NEED to bend anything!

Alex thank you for a great video as always!

Attention!
NOT NEED to bend any metal or any part on the game.
the owner of the game has many mods and made many changes. adjustment can be done if need with the micro switch or screw.

we recommend testing the diverter guard when the playfield is fully on the cabinet.

we will edit the video later

#12599 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I reached the same conclusion! It’s a beautiful piece of sculpture though.

#12600 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Well you are paying the pretty box that is completely useless, the "limited" factor just to justify the overpriced thing, but the worst for me is that the pharaohs face looks like a monkfish, completely horrendous. He passed more time to edit the pretty box that you will never use than to make a nice pharaoh's face, even the guardian's face looks a bit strange for a Anubis even if almost ok compared to the pharaons monkfish.
"Shoot the monkfish!"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.50
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/252?hl=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.